What do you think of the possibility of a "Switch Pro" similar to what Scorpio and PS4 Pro are...

what do you think of the possibility of a "Switch Pro" similar to what Scorpio and PS4 Pro are? There's some info about the new Tegra chip, Xavier which while maintaining its mobile footprint would have about PS4 stock power behind it. Since half-gen upgrade systems seem to be the thing this generation, do you think it's possible?

Currently most outlets slot the Switch in at about Xbox One or slightly worse than Xbox One power, but something like this could be essentially a portable PS4 and a PS4 Pro docked (in theory.) I do wonder if Nintendo will take up a different strategy, like how consoles before would have a revision that would replace the existing model, perhaps the switch pro would replace the stock switch with the base model still being supported for a few years, instead of coexisting. This is unlikely considering Nintendo loves to run what seems to be a half dozen different SKUs for the same product, but I think it's fun to think about anyway.

It wouldn't be the first time Nintento did something like this, there was the DSi, DS Lite and DSi XL in one generation, and in the other there was the 3DS, 2DS and New 3DS.

Wait… wait… wait… are you actually suggesting that NINTENDO would do something as silly as issue hardware improvements and minor power upgrades in order to get you to buy a new version of their hardware that you already own? No. Microsoft and Sony might stoop to such dirty tricks, but not the pure and virtuous Nintendo that I know. Especially not on something with the permanency of a mobile device.

Switch Portable Edition
Switch Gamer Edition
Switch Portable XL
Switch Portable 3D
Switch Portable 3D XL
New Switch Portable
New Switch Portable XL
New Switch Portable 3D
New Switch Portable 3D XL
New Switch Portable VR

Can't wait for the damage control and all the cocksuckers buying into it just like they'll fall for the Scorpio and whatever the fuck is Sonys next no game machine that will likely be released next year after 4 years of barely anything worth giving a fuck about.

Can't wait for incremental home consoles to be the norm with retarded drones defending it just like they defend Pre Orders, DLC, DRM, Paid Online and Microtransactions.

Whats even sadder is that 30 year old Millenials from the Golden Age actually defend this trash.

If Rabbids weren't a thing people on Holla Forums would actually defend this. Shit they probably still will.

They are, just check the designated Nintendo fellating threads and all the Arms shilling.

Honestly I thought the Rabbids would be the end of the Splatoon threads as well. The next ROB thread will be interesting I'll tell you that much.

ROB might be a Nintendo cockgobbling faggot, but he makes alright threads.

I can't believe how many faggots are defending Splatoon 2 though, theres been cunts arguing that its not a reash when its fucking Splatoon Deluxe so they can get dem paid online shekels.

I think it is very possible. Tegra X1 in Switch is a 20nm chip. Nvidia could shrink that to 14nm or 7nm and they could make it significantly more powerful while having better battery life.

When has Nintendo released a handheld that didn't get an updated model? Not to mention if they keep the "Switch" as a platform and release new hardware, they can keep the same games around and release new hardware that still has a game library.

I'm more interested in the idea of seeing a Switch that doesn't have the portable gimmick. One that's either a lot cheaper and only works on a TV, or one that's much more powerful at the same price.

Shit thread for niggards

The answer to that is always "Yes"

Nigger the only good thing about the Switch is its portability, its got nothing else going for it aside from the usual deal of making games hostage to your own shitty hardware.

Hi Cody

Why? Splatoon is still a good game, we're not going to stop playing it because Nintendo did something retarded but completely unrelated to it.

Splatoon 2 looks like a solid sequel. Paid online is a problem with the system, not the game. It's entirely reasonable to not buy the system because of it, but it doesn't make the games bad.

So is every Call of Duty and Battlefield sequel.

I'm sorry, what is your point?

Splatoon 2 is not being released on the same console as its predecessor. If Nintendo tries to release Splatoon 3 on the Switch in a year or two, the CoD comparison will be more reasonable.

Seems like we have a Carl on Duty/Bottlefag retard here.

It looks the fucking same
Its a reash, just like EDF 5 is a reash, but that company works with a budget tighter than Mike Pences butthole.

0 argument to be had here.

I bought Splatoon almost two years ago. Playing it now doesn't give Nintendo any more money, because the Wii U does not have paid online like the Switch will.

We're talking about Splatoon 2. Where you have to constantly give them money just to play online. Again you have no argument here.

All you said in was "Splatoon threads", which are still primarily about the first game.

Why the fuck would you assume I meant 1 if the threads only discuss 2?

I think if they do end up releasing an updated version it'll probably be the same as the New 3DS: keeps the same gimmick, same control-scheme, same general design, has better specs under the hood, but games may or may not actually make use of those better specs and pirates will be able to force all games to run better.

Anybody who thinks this'll happen when the Switch's whole gimmick is "it can be both!" is flatly delusional. Let's merge our console and handheld divisions for an all in one device! Then immediately separate them again!

Ask yourself why threads would stop because the parent-company is money-grubbing when you know good and goddamned well all companies are money-grubbing

I pirate what I think is enjoyable but still tied to cancer thank you very much.

Mate you'll notice the Splatoon threads aren't happy about the paid-online either. Once again ask yourself why the threads would stop because of an undesirable aspect of the console itself, not the game, nevermind the meandering shit about Rabbids that has no relation to Splatoon itself.

When did I ever say they weren't self aware about it? It doesn't take away that they're still supporting jews. And I never said they should stop either. That doesn't make them less cancerous though and whenever people go in to shit on them about it they should sit there and take it. In the end you're still supporting a terrible thing and by actively doing so you're telling them to continue doing it. Your only argument here is "it's fun so I'll do it anyway lol". Like I said, 0 excuses.

The threads are still about the first game. Most of the posts in the current Splatoon thread aren't about 2 and of those that are a bunch are complaining about paid online. The first game is very much alive and people still play and talk about it.

It's going to be called the Super Switch™
Cap this.

Is that why the OP is always pics of 2 and generally all the discussion I see is about 2? If you want to say that's not what they're about fine but every time I go there that's all it's ever about. The first game was still an exclusive anyway. Not as cancerous but I'll never consider any amount of game library worth buying a console over since all they seem to be today is glorified PC's with gimmicky hardware that would also run on a PC.

My original point is that S2 threads are cancer. People who like the first game aren't really relevant in my point. Frankly I'm amazed there hasn't been a Splatoon 1 only thread if you're so adamant about the Splatoon community here not being shit.

I actually liked the 3d gimmick on the 3ds, might be just gimmicky enough for me if they put glasses free 3d on the switch. Might be, still don't see any good games on it yet.

Yes we get it, you pirate all of your games now.

Nice labeling fam. I support games I like if they offer alternatives to steam and generally areound bloated with cancerous services. I asked if they didn't and they don't apparently so I guess I have to pirate it.

I'm sure they will have metrics to figure out if faggots are more often playing it docked or handheld. You're right foolish if you don't think they will yet again resell you shit you already own.

The switch is too cumbersome as a dedicated handheld. Seeing as most nips play vidya mainly on handhelds while packed on trains, there is a market for a more portable version of the Switch.

>Nigger the only good thing about the Switch is its portability
Te Switch is essentially a power-sucking gaming laptop. Same shit battery life, same downclocked lower performance when unplugged. You have to take it to a destination & plug is in to get the most out of it, same as a gaming laptop.

Let's be realistic. They're never bringing back the "Super" prefix to their consoles.

That's just a pretentious way of saying you don't buy games anymore, and you're shitter shattered that you got called out on it.

Your attempts at bants are weak at best.

It clicks so much doe