After all these years someone finally made a sequel to Prop Hunt

explain

goodbye

It was literally in the filename user.

I would rather have a spiritual sequel to System shock 2 with fun gimicks than that shit that would only hurt the original Prey's lore.

Top Titfucker.
Yep, that's me.

It exists, user.

Why even live?

Why don't you fags pirate it and see for yourself instead of riding a bandwagon? Its mimic enemies and skills are actually pretty fun and creative.

But I did. That is how I know it has the best ending to any videogame ever.

They are literally just mad that they can't get vid related. If this game was published by a japanese company people would be jerking each other off as GOTY like they did when Deus Ex Human Revolution came out, except this game is far better than that because it doesn't have the shit cover system and better writing.

Would there be a reason to add multiplayer for nuPrey?

I am surprised more people don't copy mods like Trouble in Terrorist town and Prop Hunt since those game modes have had a large dedicated playerbase for many years.

thanks to based baldman I just finished my trial copy the other day and I have to say that I enjoyed it a fair bit. Definitely better than the trash heap that is mankind divided and I've resigned myself to the fact that it's about as good a System Shock sequel as we're going to get in [current year] assuming that SS3/SS1 remake are as shitty as I'm expecting to them to be.

It's not a perfect game by any means and stops being scary pretty quickly but I liked the style and gameplay

Peeyew! It's a cuckchan thread!

Honestly I keep forgetting that there are plans to make a SS3 since it's reveal was so meh.
This game feels like System Shock without the iconic villain but with better psi abilities and less creepy atmosphere.

yeah, if there's one thing nuPrey did pretty well was making it so that you actually wanted to use your psi powers, even if it boiled down to just blasting the typhon with whatever it was weak against and then shooting it to death

was there any reason outside of having fun that anyone would have sunk points into the mimicry ability?

Nothing says cuckchan like dubs posters trying to derail an on topic thread.

Yes, it was useful for getting into tight cracks that you wouldn't be able to get into otherwise. There were many cases where I needed to get into a specific area that you needed Strength level 3 to get into but instead just turned into a coffe cup and jumped right into. You could also turn into an object if an enemy is coming for you and you want to hide while he passes by.

Makoto best girl by a fucking mile though.

citation needed. if you have a working copy of Prey 2, magnet link plz

I found just glitching through the walls to the fastest way to get to any area.

will there it is, I had it pretty early and made use of it so I guess it never occurred to me to even try something, especially when I never needed to hide although maybe by the end that would've been useful considering how annoying the military operators and turrets were

A new company developing a sequel to an older franchise made by a different dev team. There is no way they would be faithful.

It still would have been a more interesting game. nuPrey is template video game as it gets.

Post the good version you fag

No it wouldn't have. The only reason people give a shit about the old Prey was because it was cancelled. It was a boring looking cover shooter in a generic Sci-fi space Opera setting. The New Prey actually has some creative ideas in it and is semi original.

Do you live in a separate universe where System shock is the template other games copy rather than Overwatch or COD? I want to live in your universe user.

You gotta admit a bounty hunter game would have been more original than a SS/Biocock clone

Except Bioshock isn't anything like system shock besides having the word "shock" in it, copying a few story elements and having a semi open map. Prey is far more system shock than Bioshock ever was.
This all depends on how they do it. The premise itself was a bit original for a videogame but the execution didn't look very original. The only thing I can remember that was a bit different was using people as meat shields.

way to completely miss the point

You know the drill.

Am I the only one who was pissed about the Fake december Ending. I thought I was red pilled in the game but nope

I forgot talking about videogames is the same as shilling them. Thanks user, with your help this board will be like half chan in no time.

This guy knows what's up. Prey 2 was absolutely the nu-prey of its time. Nothing of value has been lost.

There's nothing inherently wrong with cover shooters and it had some great traversal movement and a pretty great setting. You're an absolute fuckwit if you just want more of the same template trash.

It's still an absolute rehash, and it has been been a template longer than you've been playing video games, I guess. It's just not a hot enough fucking meme for you to latch onto it seems.

What Holla Forums am I on right now?