NIHON FALCOM THREAD, "Phantasmal Blaze-Cucked" edition

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

Specially Xanadu Next. That masterpiece deserves bigger sales.

- Falcom currently planning a new game and remake for the Ys series. Kondo would also like to do more with Falcom Gakuen
- Tons of news regarding Trails of Cold Steel III, which launches on September 28 in Japan gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii
- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store + the first two Trails in the Sky games on sale
- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer
- Tons of new features announced for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4/PC) (check Gematsu) (I wish we had other sites reporting Falcom news this much as well)
- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )
- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.
- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind ( gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind ) (end of the 9th paragraph)
- We need to improve the Ys and Trails guide, by the way

- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project announced, release "soon"! ( tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm )
- Trails to Zero fan tl could be released this year after the 3rd. Trails to Azure also being translated (both for PSP and PC)
- Also in the works: Zwei!!, Zwei II, Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan, Dinosaur Resurrection and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1069201/a000996a36/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_celibacy
operationrainfall.com/2017/06/02/xseed-brining-zwei-ilvard-insurrection-west-pc/
twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/870730438788079616
archive.is/WOk1s
digitalemelas.com/archive_tom.php
xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/sakuna-announced-for-e3.29271/#post-948138
dropfile.to/nLcqhJr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A theoretical mind game fellow Trailites.

How would Nisa have localised Star door 15?

Tio and all of the returning characters from Sky and Zero/Ao look pretty nice in the game.

There sure is a lot of official art showing Olivert and Schera together…

Oh, you mean Pentagate Fifteen from Aerial Paths: Trinity? Rene and her friends are trapped by the dastardly wall smooching Doge cult and are one by one trapped between the walls and smooshed and smooched to death. Only Rene has the limberness to navigate the increasingly tightening PATHS. Later, she is rescued by Louey and Jessie, who bring her to Whiteman who convincer he to join U.LOL.BOWL.O.S.

It's meant to be.

And then Olivert died of alcohol poisoning.

JunaxKurt OTP confirmed.

I can get behind that.

So can Kurt, I imagine.

It's a wonder how you haven't been hired by nisa yet.

Can I buy your translation? I will have Nisa lawyers contact you at once.

The general is about all games made by the company. And yes, we want to support developers of good games and the people who localize them.

I hope we can finally bang Sara in Cold Steel III.

Me too.

A week from Wednesday will be 2 months since the Cold Steel PC ports were announced, will there be any updates by then?

Sara, Claire, Aurelia.

I wonder if Sharon will be there too.

excluding NISA, if you actually by the western release of Ys VIII regardless of the quality you are actively sticking a knife in it's chest and twisting and proving you never actually cared about the franchise.

For some reason I thought it was announced they'd be coming out in June, but then I realized they never actually said that.

I'm looking forward to using cheat engine to get max bonding points.

Also the model rips so we can get a good look at the pantsu.

I thought that went without saying.

Nothing wrong with reaffirming the obvious. You'd be surprised how many cancerous fucks that will support NISA "if the do good" browse this board.

She said she give you the main course in a few years

Anyone in fear that Ys8 will be censored?

Yes. It's a very real fear.

I have a toaster so I can't run it on PC.

I'd be getting it used for PS4 if I can.

Quints confirm!

If NISA manages not to fuck Ys 8 up then I don't see the problem with buying the release. Of course, I'm going to wait for the release to happen and read people's opinion before buying.

"But NISA will fuck it up!" Probably, but that's like saying by 2011 we would get 5 Trails and probably more on 2017.

Of course, if they fuck up… you can guess it.

I'll import the Japanese version I'm not giving NISA a fucking dime.

You are the reason why their cancer has spread this far. NISA deserves zero fucking support regardless if they don't fuck it up

You should NEVER buy from NISA, regardless of the actual quality of the product. I'd rather the games never leave japan and just go through an imported copy with google translate than let those fucking kikes at NISA get a single cent from butchering it.

The thing is, the game would still come to the west even if NISA didn't snatch it up. There are countless of better localization teams that would easily go for it if NISA didn't out bid them.
Not supporting a NISA localization doesn't mean the games would come to the west; it just means if it bombs for NISA they'll just drop it.

Did anyone else find it odd that this pic showed the two kids and Altina fighting ouroboros dogs and archaisms without Rean?

They like those hacks at Treehouse must never get a single dime.

Takeshita's few tracks in Zwei!! II are 2gud

(Checked)
She's got a lot to confess, not pretty stuff either. Maybe we'll take a trip to North Ambria in this game and learn more.

I don't trust NISA's promise to not censor this, but I wonder if they're just too lazy to censor anything. We could always try reversing their shit, same with the script/subtitles. Gonna be a T rating no matter what of course.

Model rips, sure, but I'd love model insertion if we can get Ys VIII Adol into the game as an NPC, or something else.

Fine by me. He's got other things to do while new Class VII takes on weak Ouroboros mooks. This must be fairly early in-game, maybe Chapter 1.

I never gave a fuck about Ys (always more of a Trails guy) but I may end up buying NISA's Ys8 when it comes out depending on my game and money situation at the time.

Are you trying to make me mad?

If celceta ran 100% fine then Lacrimosa should too, right?
Right?

God I hated the bonding point shit. I don't usually play 80 hour games twice. And I really doubt most people do.

Well Celceta is a port from Vita to PC, right? Ys VIII is ported from Vita, to PS4, with the PS4 version being brought to PC.

And since it's NISA porting it, regardless if you buy it or not…

tfw I do. I love JRPGs and any one of them that hits the right notes makes me want to jump in again and play almost right off the bat.

And if you get bonuses for NG+ other than carrying over basic stuff like levels and money? Then yeah, I'm even more into it.

Sky SC, TC and CS1 and 2 were all games like this. The moment those credits ended and I got back to the main menu? Started a new game.

Don't even joke about that. It's not funny

I imagine this will be the very beginning of the game. Then Rean will show up when the party is in a tight spot. He is shown in most of the battles afterwards.

I can never get myself to start a game I've finished, especially ones I've 100%'d.
I don't really know why.

I can't get into RPGs, especially JRPGs either. I even tried Trails and I couldn't bother after Estelle's father left.

I never 100% games on a first run. I don't even try to. I try to do as much as I could, sure. Sidequests and extra events and similar.

For 2nd (or further) playthroughs I use a guide for most or all of the side or extra content.

I have a strict rule for games; first playthroughs are for me to experience and figure out all on my own, without guides or help. 2nd or further playthroughs, if I like the game enough, are for 100% runs. Being NG+ runs help with that.

I'm the opposite, my autistic ass won't do for anything less than a 100% first playthrough most of the time. There are some exceptions but that's usually how it goes.
I guess that's why I don't like RPGs?

You might have some trouble with Ys VIII, then. I've heard it's more expansive than the previous games.

Did it for Ys 7, did it for Celceta besides getting all the ultimate weapons/armor, gonna do it for Lacrimosa.
Unless it's boring like Trails.
:^)

Honestly, I'm looking forward to the PC ports. Max bonding points, more voiced dialogue and with added context from 3rd and Crossbell I think I'm going to enjoy them even more this time just hunting for connections.

Laura a best.

Best romance, definitely.

Though Emma is best girl.

I love Emma but Falcom's writers shafted her badly.

I really like a lot of the girls in the game. Laura, Emma, Sara, Fie. Even Claire.

Can't wait to see what Aurelia and Muse are like.

Bitch and slut, respectively.

Should we be expecting best bully victim to show?

Headpat victim.

Duvalie is nice but I doubt we'd get to romance her in any way.

It would be really weird if she wasn't.

Did someone say headpat?

Yeah, they said she was flirtatious. Still excited to see. I like how she looks.

Me too.

I consider Duvalie to be a very pointed apology for Alissa.

*cough*
And suddenly I want to see what Emma would look like in a Reeves Branch uniform.

Yep, she has dem tits. I also like her hair.

I hope she's bigger than every one of them.

Agreed. Duvalie is the kind of tsundere brat I can stand, because instead of the guy she's bullying being the butt of the joke, it's her ineffectual attitude that is. A regular tsundere bullies a guy and you're supposed to think it's funny and cute because she secretly likes him. A girl like Duvalie acts like that, but no one takes her seriously, and thus she's opened herself up for bullying which actually makes her cute.

Emma would be best girl if she had Alisa's personality. No seriously. Alisa would also be better with Emma's personality. I'm almost convinced a Near/Mello incident occurred somewhere in development and they just rolled with it.

Basically Emma would be better if she were the one bumping into him, acting tsundere towards Rean and also unsure about her role in Rean's life?

But if they switch personalities, then who falls boobs first into Rean's jaw?

I think he's saying Emma should have had all those Alisa moments in CS, because it makes more sense for the Witch to be the "main heroine."

It couldn't be Emma, because then Rean would be dead.

I think so too. She should have been the main heroine.

But I really do like her current personality. Calm, sweet, maternal, smart but insecure and a horrible but adorable liar.

Anything Brandish/Zwei related?

I gotta say, I actually agree here. The thing that always drew me to Emma early on was the smile you want to protect with your life, and I can't imagine her still having that if she switches roles/personalities with Alisa.

Fuck forgot to remove the downvote tag

The Brandish stream became a Xanadu stream and they didn't really announce anything.

Yeah. Her attitude could be very easily justified by her being forced into a role as Rean's overseer and abandonment issues over Vita. Her growing to like even love and accept her role in Rean's life could've been a great arc, especially with the two serving as …foils, I believe is the correct literary term, to Crow and Vita.

Alisa could be a demure wallflower who is the daughter and likely inheritor of the Reinford corporation. Her shyness could be seen as a sign of weakness and cause the rift between her and her mother. As the story goes on she gains confidence from fighting for a cause she believes in, which motivates her to take over Reinford and use the power that comes with the position for good.

Don't those sound like better character arcs for them than what we got?

One of the reason Alisa's plot seems to weird is that she was initially the main character in very early builds and was the Taichi user, Rean dual wielded pistols.

True, they do sound better. But to be honest, I'm okay with Alisa being the twintails tsundere that's easy to dislike because she's so forced. Part of the reason why I dislike her is because she is forced.

If Emma was the main heroine and they decided to push her on to you, I might feel the same way about her. And I like the way she is now; all she needed was more spotlight.

That reminds me, think one of the reasons I like Duvalie so much is because her VA is also Devola and Popola.

HAHAHAHHAHA

If they gave equal amounts of romantic conclusions to the other girls I would be absolutely fine, but they decided to be dicks and only give alisa a proper romantic conclusion because they wanted to force it.

I think that would be the ideal solution.

Just because they don't kiss doesn't make it any less satisfying. Laura's scene is far better written than Alisa's.

And again, Laura is not my best girl, but I can't deny Laura has best romance scene.
And this shit might actually get voiced lines for Rean this year.

And Marie.

So it's kind of like the Liara problem from Mass Effect? Yeah, I get that.

The problem isn't that her romantic conclusion is better, since Laura, Sara, and Fie's are much better. The problem is uneven main story prominence. She's got her own main field study in Roer, she highjacked Gaius' after the beginning of his, and She has a main mission in Roer in CS2, shared with Angelica.

Laura's is more of the exception to the rule, pretty much every other romance is all tease and no pay off, it actually somewhat fits laura's character more that there's no kiss, but pretty much every other one feels a bit bitter when you realize that they basically deliberately left it out because they wanted to push the canonical choice.

Fie's kind of feels like they're just really good friends who have low intensity romantic feelings for each other, which I thought was very nice and a change of pace from most JRPG romances where everyone immediately jumps to crazy love.

Well, I don't blame her for Marie. A job is a job.

If you put it like that, Tae in Persona 5 is the canon choice because she's the only one who gets an on screen kiss.

Fie is just too emotionally stunted to know that what she's feeling for Rean is a desire to bone him rather than the familial feelings she has for everyone else. I imagine she'll have this worked out by CSIII.

I kind of felt like it was more like fie being taciturn isn't really used to having such feelings and is still coming to terms with it and such. I do like most of the romance conclusions but I still feel the intent from falcom was to basically go "This is alisa she is the canon choice deal with it."

I haven't been bothered to look through all of persona 5's ones, but even then you can tell that there's an equal effort put into all of the potential romances in that game, because there's no canonical choice, like the various key romance scenes that happen through out the game.

In terms of romance content, Alisa is pretty much equal to everyone else. Alisa just has the most main story content devoted to her. Fie got her conflict with Laura in CSI and an ongoing thread established early with her Corp. In CSII. Emma had her feelings of inadequacy in CS II and some confrontation with Vita. Laura got her conflict with Fie and… I really can't say anything in Legram did anything for her character. They were more about Lohengrin.

Off topic, but In P5, Ann, Makoto, and Kawakami are the only ones who get all date events. Everyone else is screwed out of one or two.

Since Rean trained under Ka-Fai, what are the chances he and Anelace are acquainted with one-another?

The depends on how old Anelace is. They could've trained together. At the very least Ka-Fai probably mentioned him in a letter.

I would argue this is more about the intent of the creators, in p5 the LI's are given more or less time depending on how the player chooses, so even if there's only one character that kisses the MC, the characters still feel like they were given their fair share in the sun for their respective routes. In coldsteel because Alisa is given so much time in the main story, to the point where she feels forced, the fact she's only one who has a kiss with rean feels like the creators giving a middle finger to the audience because they chose a different route, and especially because it definitely would've fit in many of the other scenes and made them all the better (Surely laura's scene would've been enhanced with a kiss). Anyway it could all be in my head, but that's just how I feel the creators intent came across to me, peace out.

That is if she hasn't died from diabetes due to eating bowls of ice cream every morning.

The real question is have Maybelle and Lila stopped living in denial yet?

Finally. It's always interesting to hear the original production versions of Falcom tracks, especially the first MIDI-only Ys tracks.

We'd better hope Anelace cares enough to spill the beans on those two, assuming she's in Parm when you visit it.

Maybe at the climax of the game Osbourne might try to invade Liberl again and the ending takes place in Bose.

Good lord, Chapter 3 of Zero no Kiseki is a ride. THIS ISN'T EVEN THE CLIMAX, EITHER.

That's enough for the night. If I don't stop now I'm probably gonna keep playing until morning and my comprehension will go to shit.

Those two still have to make their way to Leman State so Maybelle can properly ask Lila's relatives for her hand.

I was just thinking. I hope there's a battle where you play as Rean fighting his unrulier students. The same way Sara fought Rean, Machias and Jusis.

inb4 Angelica cucks Maybelle

inb4 Angelica goes for them both at the same time

Please not NTR in my vidya.

Consensual threesomes are okay.

Rean will probably have to quell Ash, Kurt, and Yuna at some point. I too hope this time we'll have it from Rean's perspective and not another hopless boss fight. Hell, there's that one piece of CS III art that already looks like Rean fighting Yuna, Kurt, and Altina.

Perhaps it won't be a matter of the students getting after each other, but a matter of the students disliking Rean for all that he did while under Osbourne. Perhaps, they fight him so he can show them the reason he was a pawn and he didn't do all that he did for evil purposes.

We know for a fact that Ash is unruly and dislikes authority.

Yeah? So? That'll come in as well, obviously.

I forgot what point I was gonna make.

If I had to guess, it would have been something about him fanning the flames of the other's hatred. For some reason, I feel he'll remind Rean of Crow in some regard when the challenge comes.

Wish I could play Oath in Felghana in Japanese :(

I thought Book I & II for PC Engine was still considered the definitive version?

In the OP it says the Ys image needs work. I'm definitely not the guy to ask about doing that.

Nostalgiafags of course

So…do they fuck or do they just want to and refuse to admit it?

That was some good shit.

Jesus christ, though. A LOT just happened, my head is swimming.

And how is the PC Engine music faring in Chronicles?

Is fucking allowed by the church?

From what I can gather it's one of those "don't ask don't tell/don't shoot inside me Toby" situations.

exhentai.org/g/1069201/a000996a36/

Yeah the Catholic church used to be smart about this. There were popes with families and priests could get discounts at brothels. Village priests had their own live in "housekeepers".

Telling people not to have sex always goes wrong. Some churches figured this shit out. Why anyone would want life advice from some /nofap weirdo in the first place is beyond me.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_celibacy

Thoughts?

Book 1 & 2 have the defenitive OST, but Chronicles' arrangements have their moments.
Chronicles also has the gameplay stuff as well as the hardest boss in all of the ys games so there's that.

I get more of an Alan Richard feel from him, truly.

Lamest doujin ever.

First off completely vanilla shit, second I'm supposed to believe Sara is a virgin? please. So boring.

So was Campanella breaking the 4th wall at the end of that star door or was he acknowledging the party members observing the ouroboros meeting through the door? The game doesn't make it very clear.

It's very possible that she is. Ingame when Rean hugs her in her room she clearly turns into a flustered mess, which means she probably didn't have a lot of romantic interaction before.

Don't kill my virgin cake dreams

Doujins are for wild fantasy stuff that you'd never do in real life like traps or becoming a little girl

Sara honestly SEEMS like a virgin if you do her events. She makes a show of being flirty but there's no indication she's ever been with anyone. And yeah, when Rean hugs her in the dorm she gets super flustered.

Get your shit taste out of here.

>wants to be a little girl

fag

XSEED has announced Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, the first title in their E3 2017 lineup.

Meaning they are going to announce a few more games for this E3… let's hope we are lucky and they announce a Falcom game.

damn I'll never get why xseed insists on localizing all this random shovelware crap nobody cares about

Monkey's Paw and it's a port of Popful Mail or Dinosaur Resurrection.

Which, I'd be okay with either, but not what I really want.

At least wait until gameplay is shown before your kneejerk reaction happens.

It actually looks pretty cute.

I wonder at what rate they are going to announce the following games.

…now that I think about it, maybe there's a chance they could announce the release date for CS? Since they already showed how it looks like running, it feels as if it were pretty advanced.

If they didn't, we wouldn't have gotten Trails. It's that passion that gets us these games.

Thanks, I needed that laugh.

Important note: Sakuna's getting a Windows PC version. This might be the new precedent for most XSEED games. It looks worth a shot, so far. And apparently it's a doujin game originally sold at Comiket 91.

These days I'd say Chronicles is the definitive soundtrack because of how strongly the new tracks reflect in-game context. It's just that PCE CD, Eternal (MIDI), and Complete arrangements of the music all have their highlights also, which is inevitable for games with as many official rearrangements as Ys I & II.

Also, hardest boss? Vagullion on Nightmare's the best candidate from I & II, but it's rivaled by a few other Ys bosses (Galbalan at least) while Dark Fact's very fast to retry and eventually luck out on.

Actually, never mind, it was already on PC, released at Comiket 91. But yeah, easy grab for them. Playism got robbed.

I'm not gay (not even attracted to men,) just a massive sexual deviant. If I WERE to become a girl then I think I could learn to accept it.

Here's one of the old Japanese trailers.

I remember watching the 1 hour long comicket 91 video and it was one of the few games that looked worth to play.

Is this the end for fXseed?

Fuuuuck I knew I was missing something from last year and I've been ignoring E3 since I lost interest in watching the retarded conferences and shit.

Here's the XSEED E3 2017 lineup

mp037jm24.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=ryYpL7t4

Action/Adventure > Indie Games
Action/Adventure > Nintendo Switch
Action/Adventure > PC/Windows
Action/Adventure > Sony Playstation 4
Casual Games > Nintendo Switch
Casual Games > PC/Windows
Casual Games > Sony Playstation 4
Other > Nintendo Switch
Other > PC/Windows
Other > Sony Playstation 4
Role-Playing > PC/Windows
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 4

Could it be Cold Steel 1 and 2 PC ports and Cold Steel 3 translation?

FINGERS CROSSED

Could also be Crossbell. Pleeeeaaasee.

That would be even better than Cold Steel ports.

C'mon guys, stop deluding yourself when there's nothing that indicates that.

And you know Falcom wouldn't let them get the license of their games before they get released on Japan, right? Unless the whole thing changes now, but no idea if that would happen now.

It's probably just CS for PC. Which is ok because it has to be released.

*yourselves

Damn. Eh, I'm just saying, don't get hyped up when it's probably not going to happen.

I'm not hyping myself up, but I would very much like it to be.

Even if it's not that, I know the fan translation will emerge… sometime.

What's a getting a switch port? Senran?

Maybe the YS 8 thievery scared them into making negotiating harder.

Shit, I just meant negotiating harder.

Actually, it seems plausible that NISA started translating the PS4 version of Ys VIII before the Japanese launch. Knowing how production works for translating games, if they started just recently then there would be no way that they could have the game out by September. I'm not just saying in the sense that they'd have to machine translate it, it's literally impossible. That's 3 1/2 months. You have to account for sending the translation to Falcom, having them implement it, getting the translation back and testing it (even NISA tests it a little bit, though their thoroughness obviously leaves a lot to desire), and then they'd have to submit the patch to Sony once it's done, wait 3-4 weeks to get it approved, start production of the discs, get them to their warehouse in 3-4 weeks after THAT, and then ship them out to retailers.

For most developers the game goes gold 3-4 weeks before launch, which means that the first production run of a game using test discs has finished. NISA tends to get their productions out a bit earlier, but the only way that would be possible with Ys VIII PS4 is if they started before the JP launch.

If there's smoke, there's fire. Falcom might be relaxing that policy.

In this case, the game's already been out on Vita, so Falcom hasn't changed their policy except when approached about their own console ports. XSEED easily could have done the same if they weren't outbid.

I don't think any of this means XSEED could already be working on Sen III. Falcom's still protective of their scripts, and Sen III's likely going to get last-minute changes before going gold, which would be tough for XSEED to localize at the last minute and send back to Falcom.

I'm still convinced it's that Falcom doesn't trust XSEED to be able to do Ys 8 and Cold Steel 3 at the same time without massive delays, so gave them the project that requires a more nuanced translation.

Alternatively, they couldn't handle a day-and-date PC port with the translation which Falcom wanted.

Gaming is a business.

Falcom is not interested in the best translation. It's just a videogame not a press conference.

Nisa might just be "good enough".

It's really too bad that that's how shit is, and the general consumer is too shitgobbling to even take notice. And if they DO take notice, they'll readily defend the practices.

Why does virginity matter? Are we the Muslims?

Who cares how many times some girl has been fucked. Cosmetic surgery/orbal magic can fix a lot nowadays. Bleach it all out.

Fate Extella

But you'll never be her first, user.

She'll always be chasing the next thrill. You cannot tame these women at all.

Women have diminishing psychological investment with each partner.

"I can't believe I'm being best friend-cucked by my worst rival, Josette Capua!"

Field Attacks are back.
Combat Links are back
Unbalancing/Attack Affinities are back
There's Rush (the linked party members attack) and Burst (all party members attack)
Pursuit seems to be a new one. I'm not sure what it does.

Gaining Triple Advantage has changed, I think. You have something called Assault Points that you build up while running around the field and collecting from destroying stuff. By using AP you can guarantee a Triple Advantage.

No clue what that could possibly mean. It sounds like a follow up attack, but those already happen after unbalancing an enemy.

Sounds like a tedious change. Triple Advantages are easy to get provided you're not a retard with dead cat like reflexes.

From the way it's worded in the article it feels like you can get Triple Advantage normally, but using Assault Points guarantees it.

I see. Then it's slightly more worthless than I thought, unless it works on field bosses.

Huh, I always wondered how that worked. I thought it was just random. And it seems pursuit is just the name given to the follow-up attack, nothing new. Thanks mate. Do you have anymore translated articles?

Sounds like pursuit is just a different name for the standard link attack

It isn't even a different name; it was already called pursuit (追撃) in the previous games.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Pretty crazy

Yep, Vagullion.

That guy is a fucking pain in the ass to fight. Only final boss and Khonsclard suck harder than him. Yogleks n' Omulgun are bad, but they are much more manageable somehow. Pictimos is easily the easiest boss I had to fight.

It's because Vagullion is fucking bullshit. Everyone says Dark Fact is so hard and whatnot but Vagullion is even more bullshit luck.

Vagullion's point is to trick the AI into thinking you are running away and you won't be able to get back to attack him when the bats form together.

Imagine there's a line that triggers that event. You have to keep putting yourself over that line but always ready to get back while you avoid the bats. It's kind hard, but when you get used to it, it's extremely easy.

This user has the right idea.

Anything can happen in the realm of 2D user, you can totally get a total slut and convert her to care only about you until the end of your days. That is why 2D is a magical and unreachable realm.

Well, getting back on topic, I finished Ys Memories of Celceta today, pretty good game, I would love to get hyped for Lacrimosa of Dana but with NISA on board guess I will be cautiously pessimistic until the release. Worst case scenario I will have to import, which sucks, how could Xseed drop the ball in this way, anyone knows if their relationship with Falcom is souring or have they just become the "Trails guys" and other companies will have to pick up the other games?

It's most likely because NISA bid higher for it and offered a faster release plus a PC port.

Maybe Falcom wants XSeed to work on CS 3 and having them both work on Ys VIII and CS 3 would slow them down.

NISA was desperate for games so they outbid xseed because they wanted the game no matter what it took

Devolution translation patch for FC got released today.

So has anyone played the Ys Origin vita port? Since I'm not buying Ys VIII I figured I might as well use that money on Limited Run Games's Ys Origin limited edition.
I'd prefer to play it on the vita, but if the port is shite I'll just order the PS4 version instead when it goes live

Apparently the PS4 and Vita versions censored the blood that was in the PC version. Other than that I don't know.

Considering NISA also got their hands on the Japanese dub, it might be that Falcom has been getting more aware about their Western fanbase lately and gave licenses to NISA and Aksys to speed up the localization process.

Apparently the Vita release has some nasty frame drops during boss fights.

Just announce the date for CS you fugs

Does it add anything?

Someone explain the steamspy meme to me. Why do people treat it as gospel? If you actually pay attention to their numbers on a day-to-day basis, what you notice is massive spikes and drops in the number of owners, I mean games will gain or lose like 20% or more in a single update. Frankly I'm not even sure how much I trust it, but everyone seems to act like whatever number they see on any given day is THE absolute number.

Steamspy said that Bayonetta had sold 170k around the same time that SEGA confirmed that they had sold over 160k copies, so at least for games over 100k sales it seems to be accurate enough.

At least there's some basis to the numbers, unlike fucking VGChartz.

It gives you a general idea on how much a game has sold. Although numbers under 30k are not accurate at all.

Oh shi-!

That really got the discord riled up, didn't it?

So what are the chances that Becky might get some voiced lines in CS PC?

e3 user.

None. This isn't an Evolution re-release user. It's just a let Rean talk at school enhancement.

IIRC they normally announce their stuff before the E3 starts. That's if I recall correctly.

After checking the previous years, they normally do it one week before the E3 starts. So maybe in around 5 days they announce their lineup.

Psst
operationrainfall.com/2017/06/02/xseed-brining-zwei-ilvard-insurrection-west-pc/

It's happening!

No Zwei!!?

I guess it's going to come a little later.

I'm glad they are bringing Zwei II but

Looks like this was Nick's mystery project. Brittany just tweeted saying hers isn't going to be at E3 which I assume everything Trails falls under her now. Which means she inadvertently announced a Trails game, maybe Great to see more Falcom games coming either way.

Also

Release: Summer 2017

This would be called Zwei: Zwei in Germany, fucking retarded.

Fuck German

Fuck YOU rabbi.

Germany confirmed for having the truest title

gematsu.com/2017/06/xseed-games-announces-e3-2017-lineup

Why are they announcing a Switch port like a new game?

Pretty weak lineup this year..

Let's make them cry by writing more of NiSA's Pathsverse then.

Fairly sure you're the only one autistic enough to keep using the same language you do, tearfag.

Nigga I am half tempted to go "Crash Retold" on this shit.

Same reason why Shantae is there; because easy switch bucks

A whole lot of fucking nothing. Apparently they still have more to announce, but I'm not holding my breath.

They keep bringing shit like Akiba's Beat that no one fucking wants.

Yeah, it's underwhelming as fuck. I'm still more excited for Sakuna and Zwei more than anything else confirmed for E3 this year. though Except maybe 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Sakuna looks nice, Zwei 2 looks neat.

I am excited for 13 Sentinels. And I really hope Vanillaware/Atlus does a PS4 port of Muramasa. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Greetings, people from the past, I come from the year 2017 and in my time, we just got all these Falcom games released for the PC

While I can't prove anything, I ask you to believe me and get excited.

I'm still holding out for a GrimGrimoire remake

That would be sweet too. But I think Odin Sphere and Muramasa are my favourite games from them. I don't have a Vita and I'm aching for a port to PS4.

I don't blame you for wanting a port, Rebirth is fucking amazing and shits all over the Wii release

Also hatsuu just teased she's working on a secret project that didn't make E3

Actually, no, they don't have anything more to announce. Want to know what makes matters worse? They had Shantae and Fate/Extella at the show LAST year too.

XSEED IS DYING

What? You want a PS5 port in 10 years?

twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/870730438788079616
Zwei's enough for me anyway.

Man that's weebshit that not even I would touch.
Like modern anime.

I'm a storyfag anyway and all I want from Xseed is TitS.

Fucking really?

Archive

archive.is/WOk1s

Why do you do this to us

At least add in a disclaimer that it's "not zero" so we know not to start thinking about it

yfw nayuta pc

Nah it's most likely not trails and here's why

If you look at her bio on Twitter, it lists the games she works on. The trails series as a whole is listed, but there's also one that's all question marks (????)

Seems to me that has to be the mystery project

No, because then I'd have it on PS4.

I still have my PS2 and play that.

He makes me unbelievably livid. What a rancid snake.

If it's Rune Factory 5 on the Switch I'll be happy, otherwise I'm gonna need some convincing.

Wow finally the west can experince my most treasured game, hopefully they can fix the bloom and how nothing fits right on widescreen, also the tiering over HDMI. The shit may say windows 10 on the box but the patch from falcom is garbage. No I use 8.1 but I have the newest version of the game.

If it's not trails, and the question mark project on her bio suggests that it's not, then I don't really care, personally. Doubt there's anything out there it could be that would interest me.

I was just joking trying to raise everyone's hope :^)

What the fuck are we going to do?

So what happens when Ys 8 is revealed to have denuvo?

Talk about other Falcom games? We can shit on YS VIII's localization fuck ups and we might get a good game out of TX.

I go on halfchan and shitpost like my life depends on it NISA BTFO etc

Does Falcom release any other game outside Trails? I think they were funded back in 2004 along with the rleease of FC.

I might get Ys8 but generally JRPGs like kiseki are the only games I play for the most part.

This is why Xanadu Next bombed

SHAME ON YOU

By get you mean pirate or import right?
RIGHT?

digitalemelas.com/archive_tom.php

Yet another Ys I+II port/remake?

There's no reason for me to care whether or not xanadu next bombed. It has no impact on whether or not Trails games are profitable for xseed.

Oh course you're under no obligation to buy Xanadu Next to support Trails games, but overall sales of all the projects a company handles has a direct effect on what a company can do.

But honestly, a lot of xseed's problems could be fixed if they actually had an advertising budget they could use without dipping heavily into the localization cost

You've got another thing coming if you think I'm going to buy the bullshit that I have to buy a completely unrelated game in order for Trails games to be feasible for xseed. This is the kind of stuff that makes people hate xseed. It needs to stop.

???

He's not saying that, he's just saying that it's basic economics that another project failing could jeopardize another.

Nothing got debunked. His fearmongering nonsense does not change the fact that the sales of xanadu should have zero impact on trails localizations

Imagine if your favorite band told you you had to buy an album put out by the lead singer's side band despite having zero interest in it or else they won't be able to make any new albums. It's total bullshit, and not a good look when a company tries to extort their own customers for money like that.

Nigger that's how it works across the industry for smaller companies, not just xseed. It's fucking grade school economics.
If you're a smaller company in the industry you got two choices for growth;
1. Hope you get enough support for all your projects to kickstart growth
2. Do the wayforward approach; quick shovelware work to pay the bills and use that money to work on the shit your really want
3. whore yourself out to bigger companies

You may not like it but it's true; all game sales effect the companies decisions as a whole, But if Senran Kagura's popularity keeps growing the way it is, then they don't really have to worry and can just do the wayforward approach

I'm not sure I buy the argument that xseed is in such dire straits that they can't even afford to do the localization. It's not a matter of being financially able to do it, it is a matter of how profitable the project turns out to be.

Half of their E3 lineup this year are games that they already released LAST year, but not now on Switch.

ignore the not, dunno what happened there

If that's an indication of their financial status then they're pretty much fucked. Nobody owns or cares about the switch so it seems like a doomed attempt to make money. They certainly couldn't get my money because i don't even own a nintendo console

NISA sold more copies of Disgaea 5 on Switch then on PS4.

The fuck is with me today…?

I never fucking said that though. You ask why buying X would effect Y? My answer was a simplified version of how businesses work; profits and sales are how every business makes their decisions.
Video game companies have a similar financial ecosystem to auto manufacturing, just look up leaked manufacturing reports for shit like Honda or Ford; one negative impact in one sector has repercussions through a plant as a whole.

Well, in any case, the point is I won't be buying non-trails games expecting them to make more trails games possible. Will I buy the PC version of cold steel even though I played it on PSTV? Sure. But xseed simply doesn't appear to have any other games in their lineup that appeal to me.

Phew, this sure is some hype. I can't believe we're getting Zwei!! II (and maybe the original Zwei!!) so soon. Year of Falcom indeed.

Take heed lads, Nick @ XSEED confirmed they've licensed the fan translation effort run by Tancients. This confirms that they're willing to license other fan translations depending on context…so that makes Dinosaur Resurrection and VM Japan releases more likely.

Has to be something he's worked on before. This makes Ys Seven PSP to PC a possibility since it was his first big localization at XSEED. I doubt it's Return to PopoloCrois or Brandish since he aced those.

Their E3 booth doesn't have all their announced upcoming games in the first place, and that doesn't mean they have nothing to show for CS PC or anything else. Tom just posted this explanation of why their slate's this small: xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/sakuna-announced-for-e3.29271/#post-948138

Worst I can say is their timing's shit, and conversations lately make competing firms like NISA, Aksys, and PQube look better because they're having the kinds of surprises and logical announcements that XSEED had in 2015 and half of 2016. XSEED likely has a lot of savings thanks to massively successful PC titles (and they haven't added any employees in a while other than Sara, I think) while ensuring that even 10k sales for the average project breaks even or a little more.

Falcom tried to get their games localised before but no publisher cared. Also considering nobody jumped on the Kiseki games for years I very much doubt there's a lot of profit in this series for a Western publisher.

These games require dedication and care. You can't just shit them out like Idea factory does with NepNep.

I think the more I see of Sakuna, the more I like how it looks.

(((Xseed)))

its a game by edelweiss. I don't know why it's being posted in a falcom thread but I've been mentioning it since it debuted at comiket a year and a half ago.

Have you been living under a rock?

Xanadu Next bombed because it's a nice title from the early 2000s. Zwei will do better because of the waifus and shinier graphics.

Looks like a less shitty version of Dust: An Elysian Tale.

Um, considering the sales numbers of the Switch (which are quite large), this doesn't seem like a bad move at all. You can think the Switch is as bullshit as you want, but it still sold extremely well. Especially in Japan where it has basically revitalized their dying console market. It sold very in the US too.

Mostly because XSeed is localizing it. It looks like fun. Not sure how the food/farming aspect will link with the combat but I'm eager to see.

I've never actually played Dust. How is it?
Aside from god awful character designs the backgrounds look pretty. Really looking at it just makes me want to play Muramasa.

Also speaking of Zwei 2, I've noticed that the main of Tokyo Xanadu has a weapon similar to that of the main of Zwei 2. The kind of chain-whip thing.

Well at least the United States isn't the only country full of dumbasses, I was starting to get concerned after the election and all

Did you vote for Killary?

Moku sold out.

It's actually pretty good but the art is so fucking awful, like Deviant Art-tier awful. It's clear that the entire game is just some autistic furry fantasy and the main character is probably someone's OC but apart from that it's actually pretty good.

Did you vote for Stump?

Not a burger, but I would've voted for him.

Someone leaked the Zero no Kiseki translation on Halfchan apparently, but it's from 2015, which means it's the shitty old one with Edios and Zen and all the wrong names.

Man that's amusing.

I kinda wanna download it and try it just so I can play Zero earlier.

But, user, the part that I played through does say Aidios.

Oh really? Sweet. I didn't get an answer when I asked people I just assumed so because they were joking about Irritable Fantasy and Mr. Wolves.

Part of me wants to DL it just so I can finally play Zero…how would one go about this?

An user was kind enough to patch the ISO and put it up for download already done

dropfile.to/nLcqhJr
dropfile.to/nLcqhJr
dropfile.to/nLcqhJr
dropfile.to/nLcqhJr

This is the most tempting shit ever.

Is the entire game (badly) translated? Or just certain parts?

It's dolphin porn

It's not "bad" per se. It's just very literal. You can understand what it says just fine.

no

I like how Falcom has been keeping CS III's story close to the chest. I still can't get a good read on what it is. We see pieces being set up but no idea of the grand strategy.

Hnnng

I've got the next thread set to go if someone would just make some threads to push us to 13.

We're on page 13.

NEW BREAD