Castlevania on NES >>>>> Super Castlevania > shit >>>>>>> Symphony of the night

Castlevania on NES >>>>> Super Castlevania > shit >>>>>>> Symphony of the night

SNES castlevania was made for casuals because they couldnt time their attacks properly in the original, so Konami decided to casualize that by doing that shitty 8 direction ahip which makes the game too easy.

Also why do people like Symphony of the night? The game is too fucking easy, and the voice acting sucks ass. Also the loading times were atrocious.

I hated that stupid gimmick whip, was like it had erectile dysfunction.

Rondo of Blood is the best Castlevania, and you're a faggot pleb if you think otherwise.

You are making too narrow a focus there Vampire Killer and Haunted Castle are good too. VK in particular is a very interesting take on the Classicvania formuls.

It's 2 days before summer, can't you at least wait for that long?

Castlevania III >>>>>>> the rest

Castlevania 64 > Castlevania 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reverse incest with your parents >>>> SNES Castlevania > Symphony of the Night

The RPG Castlevanias are fun, the PSP port of SoTN doesn't have loading times.

Reminder that Dracula's Curse is undoubtably the best Castlevania game, followed by Rondo of Blood.

I played the arcade Castlevania in mame a while back for shits n giggles and IT SUCKS FUCKING BALLZ

Vampire Killer was Castlevania with bloated, experimental gameplay changes (seriously has ~90% the same level maps), and Haunted Castle's biggest contribution was showing Simon get some well-deserved pussy.

I went to the Galloping Ghost a little while ago and they had the actual machine set up there. I think I played for 10 minutes before my arms tired out. Somehow they managed to make the controllers worse than a using a Wiimote.

You answered your own question: the game is casualbait.

dicks > chicks
dubs

fuck you

dubs confirm
It's Super Metroid with shitty abilities that require less skill to use (no need to learn to wall jump or shinespark child, just tap the ability button) and with a leveling system so if you suck you can simply grind until you brute-force your way through a tough section.
It hides its shallowness behind loot and XP, and the entire second half of the game is garbage.

Are you retarded? The second half is the best part of the game. The only shit part is the Richter fight afterwards.

You know what I hate? Rule 34, it shouldn't exist for some things like pic related.

Circle of the Moon was best

Best Metroidvanias are Circle of the Moon, Richter-mode SOTN, and Order of Ecclesia, best Classicvanias are Adventure Rebirth, CV3, and Rondo

Best Belmont is this nigga, who got fucking neutered in Dawn of Sorrow and played like a neutered version of Richter in the first place with AoS, never understood why he didn't follow Richter gameplay via having proper subweapons and item crashes. Grand Cross as its own subweapon (not even available for use until several level-ups later) sucked ass.

CLASSIC CASTLEVANIA AND METROIDVANIA ARE BOTH DEAD AND NEVER COMING BACK YOU FUCKING FAG

There's that one Kickstarted thing by Iga, I think, but It doesn't interest me in the slightest

Oh yeah?

forgot the flag FUCK

I've been checking my local retro group for a copy of this
I always miss out by minute to get that glorious copy

Wow, not even a chance, huh?

Lament of Innocence>>>>everything else

Go play Rondo of Blood, and Aria of Sorrow.

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.

patrician taste

Ah yes, the two most overrated Classicvanias by nu-gamers of all time.

The patrician choices are the original and X68000, also known as Chronicles Original mode in the west.

CotM is the only decent nonlinear castlevania. SotN faggots can fuck off.

That stage 7 is a blight on the game and the reason why I tend to take Sypha's route. Other than that it's a good game.

This shows you have zero knowledge on game design. The 8 directional whip isn't the issue, the issue is not having the game built properly around it. And anyway there is something you've failed to realise with what it does bring to the table that other Classicvania's don't. It brings options on how to play, you know the thing Metrovania style games get praised for, but in this case it's built into one weapon.

Die monster

well. uh. i guess
maybe
IF YOURE GAY

hipster faggot

This is like some advanced form of hipster

How long have you been a homosexual?

Sounds like you're projecting, or bad at the game, or both.

Fucking pleb.

Chronicles is a fucking shitpiece. Might as well have been called Haunted Castle 2.

Pretty much all the castlevania games are good. You can at least play just the sequel n64 game cause it has both games within. But there isn't really a bad castlevania and I've played all of them. The 3d ones are obviously worse. But the 2d games are godly. The worst is 2 and there's the fan made version which gives you more option/knowledage.

Trust be told? You don't have much perspective if you bitch about castlevania in comparison to other series. Its never hit the lows that some did. There's a lot of fun to be had. Just play the games, stop taking what random anons say on Holla Forums as word.

any pics of maria drinking tea?

My first Castelvania game was Adventure on the GameBoy. Probably one of the worst in the series. When you only have one game that you can't beat it becomes all you play. So I got pretty far in it. but only ever got to drac before I ran out of lives/continues.

I've only played Castlevania 1 and 3 on NES to completion. I know Symphony of the Night is the one to absolutely play, but what's the best way of going about it?

Symphony is more meme than essential; that said, the one to play is the PSOne original with the fan translation. Stay away from the PSP port with its fucked up screen ratio and unique bugs.

If you want the game to be any kind of challenging whatsoever the best way would be to use the code for 'Luck Mode' (google it), and even then the difficulty will still fall apart the second you get access to some rare equipment drops, which will come easier thanks to your abnormally high luck stat. Basically the game ends up being easy no matter what you do, even in Richter mode all of the challenge is limited to just getting around the castle, bosses are a complete joke as Richter.

Game is broken.

They're overrated for a good reason bud.

Luck mode cheat is not the way, because of the critical hits, especially on fast weapons like the Baselard, or god punish you, Crissaegrim (Val Manwë to non-fags). A better way is to use a cheat to set your character level to max, so you can't level up, as well as setting your MP to be enough for the mist power. But I'd just suggest he plays the original first, USA version for cheesy, JP fantranslation for those curious how bad a localization it is.

There was another clever take on this, which is to use a webcam as an eye tracker and only display what the eye is actually focusing on, blurring everything else.

The Adventure isn't that bad, but it's very slow, even for a CV game. At least it has really great music and decent graphics for a GB game.
Have you played Belmont's Revenge, the second GB game? That one is actually pretty good.

Who's the retard responsible for not putting in Bloody Tears as the theme? Who chose the fucking music?

Repeat after me.
Bloody Tears is SHIT.
Heart of Fire is good.
Cross a fear is good.
Bloody Tears is the SHIT.

Battle of the Holy is nice.

10/10 osts

The remix is godly

I had the misfortune of playing that piece of shit too.
I never even tried emulating that garbage.

Although the old CastleVanias still bring a lot of nostalgia and the music was perfect, I can't forget how Portrait of Ruin was one of those few games that spoke to the autist in me and made me unlock 100% of all the stuff (including getting 100% of loot).
Best grinding I've ever made.

That intro still gives me the hype

No love for Bloodlines / The New Generation / Vampire Killer (Mega Drive, not MSX)?

Japs got rondo
Genesis got Bloodlines
Nintendo got Super Trash IV

What a world.

He's not sucking Igarashis dick like most of this board, so I doubt it.

Jesus christ

Other way around - Bloodlines came out in late 1993 and the others were released a few months later in 1994. Both box arts suck - PAL / Japan is boring but Morris and Bartley were beaten with an ugly stick in the United States. I guess I prefer the US version since its style looks closest to the older games, whereas you can see the inklings of Ayami Kojima-ification in the other artwork.

why?
Lecarde was so cool to play as. Especially that pole vault move.

He looks much manlier in Portrait of Ruin, so even IGA, who had Simon wussified, is aware that the original artist messed up.

There's an idea floating around that the Lecarde family is a descendant of Alucard and Maria Renard, which would explain why he's in possession of the Alcarde/Alucard Spear and is capable of unlocking the Vampire Killer whip's power. Alucard + Renard = Lecarde. I guess Alucard has a thing for blondes in green.

I liked the idea of Bloodlines but had some problems with the execution.
The "Stinking Old Sanctuary" music was the best thing that came out of it.

I agree. I'm sure in Konami's super secret encyclopedia, Belnades (Sypha) was always meant to mean Fernández (Carrie) but Japanese language butchered the surname.

that dash mechanic is pure fucking cancer though

Still waiting for an autistic version of Castlevania, with accurate costumes for each era plus proper depiction of geography and ethnicities.
If Dracula's castle was somewhere around Wallachia and he's opposed by a guys named Belmont, i want a wallachian/romanian orthodox looking guy with some traits of french ancestry fighting against an hungarian/wallachian vampire lord.
Tired of seeing Eastern Europe fellows wearing trench coats, belts without a proper beard or moustache.

The voice acting was pretty good for Dracula. You might be thinking of the writing.
It being easy didn't mean it was bad.

Even the cover art look like he's grabbing someone's dick and looking up to him while he's on his knees

Then you can't have skeletons on motorcycles.

"This land is peaceful…"