Alright Holla Forums I want a good game that can scare me, like actually scare me, not this bullshit jumpscare shit...

Alright Holla Forums I want a good game that can scare me, like actually scare me, not this bullshit jumpscare shit, atmospheric n shit, I dont care what system it is aslong as I can emulate it or buy it on something like Steam or G2A

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/enedaqervvhccc6/Walking.rar
arx-libertatis.org/
store.steampowered.com/app/223710/Cry_of_Fear/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Isnt that a movie?

Play Arx Fatalis as a mage and actually drawing the runes manually instead of casting from preset. Then play until you reach ratman level.

Alternatively play Arx Fatalis for the Balrog level

Okay.
mediafire.com/file/enedaqervvhccc6/Walking.rar
Don't ask any questions, just download and play.

Try the first Manhunt game. I don't know can it even be called scary but you'll feel tense and disturbed most of the time. Good atmosphere

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth game is great for atmosphere(for most of the time IMO) if you can get it to run without crashes and bugs

I've played that

I did wanna try that

Never heard of it

Arx Fatalis is about a land where the sun died and so a bunch of fantasy race like trolls, goblins and dwarves and such live in an underground complex. The game's spellcasting mechanic let you draw specific markings on the screen to cast a spell and later on the spells can get ridiculous or fun little niche spell beyond the generic magic missile.

I'll give it a try

Play Homeworld Cataclysm

Is it spooky tho

This must be some sick bitcoin mining software.

Undertale has that one area

amnesia's pretty atmospheric

If you don't know, you should watch it.

Silent Hill 2

This. You don't know horror until you've seen/heard/read about WWI. The movie is top tier and so is the novel.

Video games aren't scary.

This game is fucking terrifying. It does still have a few jumpscares but the game focuses more on the atmosphere (for the most part)
Haven't played 3, but I know about one and two that if you love atmosphere in horror you will fucking fall in love. Almost 0% jumpscares too (or at least, none that feel cheap)
Just because of the nice atmosphere when shit does go down, and that it's a neat if buggy game regardless. The combat is like a bootleg resident evil 4 though but it's not the focus of the game so I shouldn't worry about that
Amnesia the dark Descent is good, I believe it still has SOME jumpscares but it's not chock-full of them like fucking outlast. Towards the end you'll probably stop shitting yourself and get bored, but until then, you will most likely be feeling it.
More action-y, but good. It's more of a fps with horror elements so you should only go for that if you enjoy that kinda thing.
Good game, very atmospheric. Play the remaster
Also good
Less horror and more action, but it's definitely there And in the late game especially
If you really don't care about gameplay at all, then just load up one of these I guess. Not really a game as such, but if you just want atmosphere, these titles have to have it to avoid being desperately shit like gone home I would imagine

Avoid:
You should already know that the majority of these games rely on cheap scares and youtuber bait for exposure, therefore they're practically no different to jumpscare simulator
A decent horror it may be, it's at least half jumpscare, and even silent hill has your characters defending themselves

And you should watch
This fucking film is every psychological and atmospheric that inspired silent hill. If you hate jump scare bullshit and love being disturbed and affected in a way other than shock, then you will probably fall in love with this movie.
pic somewhat unrelated but the dog is obviously scared

If you plan to play the game the right way, ignore the main plot and just go for every sidequest you can find and try and eat out as much as possible. Also play during rainstorms and at night time (ingame) for the comfier horror experience.

Try rainworld. The game itself isn't exactly a horror game but there's something really terrifying about the way the predators move and flop around and it's very scary once you're being chased.
There are also giant sea creatures but I don't even know if they're hostile or not. I never went in the water with them on screen

Explain what scares you the most first, lazyass. Body horror, splatterpunk, ghosts, skeletons?

Body horror.

What the fuck is the context of this pic anyway?

Some dudes having fun.

Ah fuck, that movie's messed up.

Make sure you use the Arx Libertatis source port, runs better than the original:
arx-libertatis.org/

wacky miner dawg

even though it doesn't really fit the game, I gotta say it's still incredibly well-done and terrifying as shit

Just go play Cry of Fear, it's free: store.steampowered.com/app/223710/Cry_of_Fear/

Summer is real.

Is this that one that puts eldritch abominations on your windows pc after walking down a hall for some time?

Believe it or not, Subnautica can be pretty unsettling. You take your seamoth down into the dark deep, and you hear the roar of a Leviathan close by but you can't quite see where it is, you're surrounded by total darkness. It isn't the point of the game but it has its "oh fuck" moments.

OP I'm not the youtube type or anything, but maybe you could post some webm's of you playing Holla Forums's scary game suggestions (just your voice as you play the game with the gameplay for us to see) so we can judge how scary the games are by how much you freak out, but only legit honest reactions?

hahaha i wonder what OP's eggs smell like sorry if this ofends anyone i just thought it was a funny thing haha

jacobs ladder is the most pretentious bullshit movie I have ever seen, taking that other shitty vietnam movie that I should be able to remember the name of but can't, and adding a bunch of superstitious bullshit to it, and not even the fun kind.

whats you're fucking problem? don't you dare stereotype me. I want to hear OP freak the fuck out when they play a scary game. not some annoying pewdiepie screaming idiot. I want legit human reactions from people who are actually enjoying a game the right way. Holla Forums are the only ones would would do that.

nobody on Holla Forums posts their own gameplay footage anymore. never get to watch anyone play a horror game for the first try, like an actual Holla Forums user.

Mein Neiger, hearing the insane druggies and thugs thumping around through the walls in poorly lit run down building was good shit, as well as the mall the first time due to the off tone christmas music playing and the mannequins
Also the fucking bear section in 2 it's even worse that it's a rabid bear

I loved this section because it introduces a realistic threat that isn't necessarily tied to the overall plot. Here you are investigating this dilapidated old lodge and suddenly you encounter a bear with rabies.

Shame C2 never got a PC port or a sequel, the fist fighting was satisfying as hell.

That game made me terrified of bears.

Even more reason to give my room a good clean I suppose

Somethings feel cheap before you realise that it was one of the first titles to actually have that idea in the first place, but it was just another approach to making a horror movie, one I thought felt a lot more satisfying than the jumpscare shit you see so often these days

Fucking play IMSCARED blind. I fucking loved it when I got done playing it. The only issue is that it has a bunch of convoluted vague puzzles. Trust me, the wiki/walkthrough will be your best friend.

The game can be pretty damn creepy, and it's one of those 4th wall break games that fuck with your computer, and sometimes you have to mess with files to progress. Don't worry, the game won't make you delete system 32

Also, I know idie horror games tend to be shit, but this one's pretty good in my eyes.

Is C2 as bad as everyone says it is, the multiplayer looked fun as hell.

That's a shit opinion, try getting a different one, fag.

full metal jacket?

I think he's referring to Apocalypse Now, which if he is he has shit taste and should be ignored.

petscop

oh yeah.

no you're shit. it was shit. total shit. I watched it from start to finish.

Yes, that's the one. apocalypse now was also highly pretentious, it was what felt like 5 hours of a hellishly stupind run-on sentance of a movie that just wouldn't fucking end. now don't get me wrong. I like long movies, if they're good. but apocalypse now was a long SHITTY movie only praised by people who want other people to think they are cool for enjoying "muh cult classic" because it's dark and edgy. there's nothing good about apocalypse now or jacobs ladder and they might as well have smashed them together into one long shitty movie to make it easier for me to not watch it.

2/10 at best for both of them.

(you probably also like the godfather, that sucked ass too)

legit opinions by the way, not trolling. ask me and I'll be happy to tell you all the reasons I have why I didn't like them. I actually like sharing opinions and having coversations, so don't think I want you to get mad when I say it sucked ass, I'm just looking for coversation. maybe you can learn something from me? maybe I can learn something?

You're right, it fucking sucks.

I disagree. The movie can be pretty unsettling even taken out of context of the time it was released.

Neither are movies. The instant you recognize the formula, you know every horror movie's ending.

I could see jacobs ladder being creepy for people when it came out, but today it's nothing. I didn't like the way it was presented or how the theme and atmosphere was executed at all. it felt like it knew it was bullshit but was smug and taking itself too seriously as if in a a condescending way to the audience. it did have its parts that made me think, but it lacked depth, and basically bullshitted at so many different things but never went anywhere with it. that's why I think it's pretentious. it basically pretends to know a whole lot of hot shit about so much but it's all flash and smoke to get you to ooh and ahh about "muh creepy mysterious shit" and then SPOILERS: he goes up the stairs/"ladder" and goes to heaven or something it's this really dumb ending that while nice for him as a person, completely fails the movie that's too busy going basically nowhere from the very beginning.

the first "the ring" was genuinely scary. something about that is just a well made horror movie.

It was entertaining, but not really scary. The closest it got was the scene with the ghost coming out of the TV since they try to convince you it's over, but you know he's going to die the second the well's on the TV.

The only real entertainment in horror movies is the amount of work and care put into the classics. From Beyond was always fun to watch as a kid.

The Myst games, because you're alone and it's spooky. At least, it was for me when I played it.

I'm sad that there was never a good game based off of john carpenters "the thing" would have been great. dead space doesn't count because ea is shit.

I agree, Devil's Advocate was a way creepier movie.

I need a reply on this. talk about what you would like to do in a game like this. I NEED THE DISCUSSION