There's a lot of fags recently that have made their own games...

There's a lot of fags recently that have made their own games. Shit like Stardew Valley were successes despite being one-man teams.
I've always been into the idea of making my own Harvest Moon clone, especially because the new Story of Seasons games are shit and are so far from what my favorite HM games were like.
How would I go about doing that shit? We all like complaining about games, but where would I go to learn how to make games? I hear that you don't need to know much programming to do it, and I'm decent at art, so I'm not concerned about lacking skill to do a basic pixel game similar to SV.

Do you guys have any resources? I mean, I know there's shit like RPG Maker, but I'm not a fag.

>>>/agdg/

The thread on v is faster

If you want a game use Unity
If you want to learn, make your own engine

An indie game is only popular if it has amazing gameplay, tons of polish, or lots of waifubait. Pick one

Tell you what, Fenoxo made a walking sim in flash with code so spaghetti that it supposedly made a professional programmer sick. I mean, literally take a sick leave, fuck my life, sick. 4/5's of the content is contributed and or someone paid for it to be in. He makes just under 30.000 USD per month on patreon alone.

Comparatively the guy that made Heroine's Quest makes 150 USD and I doubt bomberfag of Embric made even that.

So, yeah, you decide now if you're making a game or if you're into whoring out to furries and other deep pocket tumblr denizens on patreon or whatever. As for making a game stop talking about making games and just. do. it.

Take a classic Japanese game and copy everything like a chink creating a knockoff, then add a big drizzle of 'progressive' SJW diarrhea, and bravo! You've got a million seller on steam! It helps if you pretend to be gay. 'The game press' will give you free marketing in spades.

hire me to make it for you

Yeah sure spend 4 years working on something that might be garbage. Not like you have better things to do than make subpar games goyim. Put it up on the steam shop and fill it with even more indie garbage.
Oh and your one chance to be popular is whoring out to game journos.
Go on goyim, it is your destiny.

Except SJW games don't sell. Just look at the last Deus Ex.

Yikes. Let me put it this way: you do not have to program much with all the technologies we have today, you still need to be aware of good techniques your code will turn into a Lovecraftian abomination that would driven the the Great Old Ones insane.

Let me give you an example: if you have a platformer you want your character to be in different states: walking, running, jumping, falling swimming, and you want to transition smoothly between those states. Here is how not to do it:
if (standing) {...} else if (starting_to_walk) {...} else if (walking) {...} else if (accelerating) {}
You get the idea. This how spaghetti code happens. For this you would use a finite state machine and transition from state to state depending on player input and events in the world. Writing code is easy, writing quality code is hard, an no amount of game engines can solve that issue for you.

Of course you could just grab a sort of kit like RPG maker or some platforming kit and make a game that's a generic reskin of a template, but then don't be surprised if no one gives a shit.If you go that route follow and pander to some shitty fetish, then give yourself the bullet when you start getting fanart sent your way.

Douche Ex is a shit Western game and not a knock off a Japanese game. These little indie titles on steam like Undertale and Star Jew Valley are exactly what I described.(earthbound / bullethell knock off and harvest moon knock off topped with some progressive diarrhea, both sucked off hard by the media, with tumblrtale made by a literal furfag.)

Just, like, make game

But Stardew Valley sold plenty well.

i ask myself why am i not making video games.

Pretty clear you didnt play Mankind divided

Any good places to start learning how to make your own engine assuming you have basic knowledge of C and it's variants?

Is that even a SJW game? I don't give a shit about the developer, just about what it's in the game.

It's the premier bara dating sim.

You say that like it's a good thing because it is.

Kill all faggots.

What the fuck am I looking at?

the gay community

Make Rune Factory 5.

Just like learn C

t. yesdev