Alright faggots I'm finally gonna get around to playing this. Any general tips...

Alright faggots I'm finally gonna get around to playing this. Any general tips? I know I need a patch but should I get the unofficial basic, plus or true patch?

\Someone post the guide Game changes radically based on which clan you pick, so be careful. I'd suggest not touching Malkavian or Nosferatu till a second playthrough. Focus on social and utility skills in the beginning, then slowly transition to combat skills, cause the game gets very combat-heavy round midway. DO NOT invest in useless skills like hacking, and get the Clan Quest mod (no need for any patches then). Also, don't open it.

Don't pick Malkavian or Nosferatu on your first playthrough.
Don't waste your time with intimidation and bargain, persuasion is much more effective. Seduction is only useful for blood.
Don't neglect combat abilities completely or you will regret it midgame.
Unofficial basic or plus is the way to play, the added quests are non-intrusive and pretty nicely done.
Don't try to drink zombie blood.
don't open it
Being nice to some characters can get you a free ability upgrade.

Unofficial basic patch for the first runthrough, plus patch for subsequent runs.

"true" patch is for faggots.

DON'T OPEN IT

open it

Don't listen to these cammy faggots.

the plus patch modifies a few things but not in such a way that you aren't getting a genuine or expert mode experience. In addition to bugfixes and some minor changes to item locations, it also implements some things that were known to be in the developer documents but had no implementation in the final game whatsoever
I don't know what this true patch you mention is

playing as Malkavian will be full of spoilers and insights, and is really best saved for future playthroughs (though when you do, listen to the news reports and people on the street. It gets delightfully weird)
playing as Nosferatu will radically change the game, turning it into something more akin to stealth

there is a strange glitch in your character's downtown apartment where the props will be replaced with other props randomly (fishes become couches, everything becomes dumpsters, etc). When I asked him about it, Wesp said the biggest obstacle to fixing that one was that he had personally never encountered it. It's been a few years since then so maybe it's fixed

don't open it

t. Sabbat and anarchs

as there a mod to make heather attractive?

It's the one with the tits. It also throws around the town useful items that reuire high perception to notice. They are just lying there, in the middle of the street.

Yes, it's called vanilla game

you could ask her to change her look. The companion mod adds the option to embrace her so she'll get a vampire look there

other than that check nexusmods and moddb

I think this is the best option fellas

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Go be assburgers somewhere else Wesp

not him. Never heard of it. Mentioned I hadn't heard of it to clarify that I could neither endorse nor oppose it

here are some of my older textures I used when I was playing.

There's a mod for a gothic Heather I think, and if you disinclude the skin texture, she get's a nice set of clothes out of it.

kay
tl;dr gay drama in the Bloodlines modding community. Wesp develops the Unofficial Patch which is bugfixing and restores cut content etc, True Patch is developed by another guy and is basically bugfixies only

Put a decent amount of points in both melee and firearms. Use melee weapons for the first half of the game, then switch to guns around the time you get to Hollywood.

Just open it.

Kill a werewolf if you have the balls to do it.

Be aware that there are some buildings in Hollywood that are not coded, so if you open a back door in an alley near a convenience store, your game will crash and you'll have to reload from your last save.

I have always sucked at this game, so I have always cheated to get Obfuscate and Celerity even when the game thought my clan shouldn't have them.

Also the Warrens/Sewers between Downtown and Hollywood are ridiculous, the Nosferatu are annoying, so you can just noclip past the sewers.

This user's advice is sound.

First time playing and you're already looking for a mod for that? What the hell dude, did you already read about the game or something?

I got this saved on my comp, not sure if it's up to date, should be good enough though.

Beef up your combat stats early on, regardless of what kind of character you want to play.

Remember there's lots of ammo in the sewers, as well as doors to get back up to the surface if you need more blood.
Lockpicking is a useful skill and I mostly stick to range weapons with spells for back up.

You can look up the passwords to the terminals online if you're lazy.

I blame Activison

Just give him the key.

The only thing bad in the game is the beginning, from a history telling perspective. You're just shoved into the vampire society just like that, there was no sense of transition. From a clueless mortal to a vampiric errand boy looking down over the "cattle" in less than a week.

Blame the Blood of Caine. No really, just about every personal motivation in the game is pretty much thrown out the window because Vampires HAVE to act a certain way because the blood their given pretty much removes a good chunk of who they used to be prior. The more I played the game the more I realized every vampire of a clan pretty much had little sense of individuality.

From a gameplay point this actually works pretty well since you don't have to have a backstory to you being a vampire prior. From a story telling point this is a pretty fucking lame excuse.

Wesps patch, use the basic (i.e. non+ version).

Also you can happily play a Malkavian for your first playthrough if you're willing to roll with it. I did and paying close enough attention to the mad shit my character said actually let me predict a few things. It's not great if you want to understand everything right off the bat though. I'd agree Nosferatu should be kept for the second or even third playthrough though.