Games where the protagonist(s) dies in the end (And, stays died)

The first ones that come to mind are Bioshock 2 (And the Infinite DLC), Dead Space: Extraction, Hotline Miami 2, and Halo: Reach. There'also Zombi(U) and the original Bioshock, but those are reliant entirely on the player as they can walk out of the game's events alive.

What other games end with the PC(s) dying?

Persona 3, Mother 3?

[actual spoilers that ruin the quadrilogy]

Mega man Zero 4

>Persona 3

Wait, then how is the PC alive for Persona Q then?

n-n-non-canon!

Persona 3 MC can be saved. Elizabeth is working on it

Time Travel

Final Fantasy 10 and I imagine that's not unique to the series

Shadow of the Colossus

It is canon though. But the whole thing doesn't matter because it's space/time bullshit and the ending makes it so no one remembers what happened in true "We can't make this spinoff matter to the overarching narrative" fashion

We WISH he stayed dead. X-2 100% ending says otherwise, and DEAR LORD, that fucking audio drama bullshit!

Red Dead Redemption kind of counts sort of

Oh right, I keep forgetting that game exists.

Persona Q is an interquel that takes place during the middle of september, during the typhoon

Persona Q is canon, but it doesn't count because fuck you nobody remembers anything

His soul can be saved from being a door, but his mortal body is irrevocably, undeniably 100% dead. He might stick around as a velvet room attendant and chill with Liz if she can free him, though

Model Z wants a word with you.

Call of Juarez. One of it's protagonists dies at the end of the game

Don't kid yaself, that audio drama was a masterpiece

LA Noire

Well of fucking course all the characters in every CoJ game except the Cartel are dead, they're all based in the 1800's.

Everyone is fucking dead in Mother 3 and there's no way that you can get past that.

drakengard

Neir

Resistance 2

Good ending of Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Though, whether or not it would count under OP's statement is iffy, as somehow his mind/soul is sent back to his body in the chronologically prior game shortly before that game began, with his knowledge of events intact, apparently being given an attempt to redo things to avert future events.

The Walking Dead: Season 1

medal of honor that 2010 one or some shit i dont remember

Holy fuck, I actually forgot about that one, but I'm pretty sure that's not from the audio drama.

real life

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
HATRED
Crysis 2

It's weird to have a thread where you can only know if it's a game you want by pretty much spoiling it.

Far Cry 2

FE4

Sigurd gets literally roasted by Alvis after being cucked.

Holy shit I didn't even realize

I thought he was completely dead, whisked away by what's her name to the afterlife. The only one who got the future thing was the red-head which if I remember right and kinda weirdly makes her his mother, if I'm remembering right from all those years ago from playing it.

Gahdamm it I just ruined persona 3 for myself . Curse my curiosity….

Does Issac get away alive in dead space 3? as far as i remember he fucking dies when the moon exploded/fell on the planet.

Karen got stable time looped. She's born in Germany sometime close to when Yuri was (they're fairly close in age if memory serves), but is sent back to somewhere in the late 1800s Japan, winds up Yuri's mom, and is murdered some years prior to the events of SH1 as a spot of revenge for her husband royally fucking some Chink's shit up. As for Yuri, the series wiki has this to say (it puts it a bit more concisely than I could):
>In the good ending, Yuri chooses to beat the Mistletoe's curse by ending his life before the curse destroys his soul. Yuri's is impaled by the upheaval phenomena in Takamagahara, killing him but preserving his memories. His soul is raised from the Mistletoe tree in his mind by Alice, and the two embrace.
>Unexpectedly, this also sends him back to the time and place he remembers most fondly; the Manchurian railway in 1913, the fateful day before he met Alice. It is suggested that he retains his memories of what happened in Shadow Hearts: Covenant. In a developer's interview within the Japanese Shadow Hearts: Covenant guidebook that this is the 'canon' conclusion to the game, and Yuri would go on to relive the events of the first game and save Alice's soul in the process, thus making both endings of Shadow Hearts canon.
So effectively, he did die, but his consciousness is sent back for whatever reason, maybe having earned the right to try for a better life for him and his beloved. He seems genuinely happy at the realization, even remarking "I feel like a kid again". Hence why I'm not sure if it necessarily counts as what OP wants.

Also an issue though that if the good ending of Shadow Hearts Covenant is canon, and both Shadow Hearts 1 endings are canon at different stages (Koudelka BE -> Shadow Hearts BE -> SH: Covenant GE -> Shadow Hearts GE -> FtNW???), Yuri still has to find some way to convince Karin to let herself get tossed back in time and fuck his dad-to-be, which is one hell of a complicated mess if you're going to use knowledge of the future to avert not only Alice's death, but also potentially some of the things that happened in Covenant as well. After all, she started traveling with him due to the sense of sadness from him, even in Amon form, a sense of responsibility for helping get him cursed, and wanting to stick it to that smug, traitorous literal bastard Nicolai. Something that Roger says in From the New World hints at the game taking place following the Good Ending timeline (him never having witnessed an Emigre Ritual prior to a certain fateful day), and clearly some of the Covenant events still happened, namely the unleashing of Malice from the prison in the Vatican, so it would seem as if Yuri still would have had to find a way to let things play out, to a degree anyhow, to keep time from getting too fucky due to meddling with events.

Hoping I've got all the spoiler tags in the right spots, or this is post is going to be fucked,

Yeah, that's the issue with a thread about games where the way they conclude is outright in the topic, thus anything talked about is going to be spoiled for you if you so much as roll over anything (or read some one's text they couldn't be bothered to spoiler in the first place.

Fuck these games.

pls no i don't want to feel today

Isaac and Clarke survived the crash, there was a DLC, DS3:Awakened.

I meant Carver

No, he died after that. Hew and literally everyone else.
Never say deadspace didn't get an ending :^) :^(

Not only the entire PC party except one, but the ENTIRE HUMAN RACE was fairly explicitly killed off at the end of FF7, and any chance of an afterlife was prevented because magic soul-eating goo.

The fact that they apparently decided to ignore that part of the ending when they realized they could profit from countless sequels and spin-offs doesn't change this.

Squall dies at the end of the first disc in Final Fantasy 8 but the game keeps on going for 3 more disc, so there is that.
Issac in the Bind of Isaac.
Fallout 3 before Broken Steal, though I expect you are looking for story driven games.
There is a bit of that In Sam and Max season 3 I guess.
I guess you could say Geneforge has that sort of going on.
Mass Effect 3 but same for Fallout 3 I'd wager.