So I'm a collector, of sorts. I'm a collector of second-hand autism, in a way. Basically...

So I'm a collector, of sorts. I'm a collector of second-hand autism, in a way. Basically, I look for people more knowledgeable than me on a given subject, listen to them, and now I know what they know. I know that there are at least a few people here who fit that quality. Xion-fag is one of the more well known, given he managed to explain the notoriously insane story of Kindgom Hearts, but there's a lot more of these kinds of people. There's the guy who actually understands the Sonic series' lore, although pic related has a lot of speculation, it might be better if you just read the manual translations on Sonic Retro and make sense of it yourself, it's not like they're a terribly long read like some things. There's at least two people who understand Digimon's somewhat complicated story spanning several animes and games, some untranslated to this day (I should have screencapped it). I'm sure there's people who both like and understand the Drakengard/Neir and Xenogears/saga/blade series, and half the games in those are kinda shit, not to mention Yoko Taro's penchant for putting parts of the story in things that aren't the game. I'm sure the list could go on, but I don't personally know any. I'm mostly interested what you know about a game or series' lore, if you'd like to share. Gameplay might be king in a game, but a good story is icing on the cake.

Drakengard's story isn't all that hard to understand, it only seems confusing because where another series would just have a plothole Yoko Taro writes a book introducing an alternate timeline that solves the plothole and becomes the canon version of events. Then he goes on and writes 20 short stories of irrelevant lore filler to cram in between games just because he can.

I seriously always felt like the second picture was someone samefagging/ID Hopping hard.

I implied that, it's kind of ridiculous though. Not to mention the fact that you can level up the weapon descriptions, Yoko Taro just likes writing shit. And making you depressed, apparently.

Just thought I'd pop in to tell you that you missed a spot

I actually forgot I saw that Legacy of Kain one, thanks for reminding me.

I missed your post. It's probably just Sonic fags being retarded, you know how it is.

Now I see why people compare Drakengard/Nier to LISA

Could I point out a problem with this picture? First off, in the third post, the user is wrong about Eggman being driven to madness because of the death of his grandfather and the evilness of G.U.N.. When Sega made the first Adventure game, they agreed to unify the Eastern and Western lore of the Sonic series. In the Eastern lore, Eggman's entire motivation for his actions is that he wanted to use the chaos emeralds to cook the world's largest egg. In the West, Eggman's backstory is much more tragic (And, probably the most canon of the two known backstories).

SoA created a document, now referred to as the Sonic Bible, that established the entire backstory of Sonic, Robotnik, the chaos emeralds, and everything else in the Sonic-verse. Outside of it's usage in the European comics series, the story was official published as a 15 page advertisement comic to promote the release of StH (I'll just post the most relevant of the comic's pages). The storyline for the comic is that Eggman started out as Professor Kintobor, who was working in a secret underground lab at the time. His life's goal was to rid all evil from the world, and how he planned to do this was by attracting all the evil forces on the planet with a machine he created called the R.O.C.C. and containing the evilness inside the 6 chaos emeralds (Which, he then planned to smash into smithereens). The only problem was that, he was missing the seventh, grey, emerald, which would neutralize the evil in the rest of the emeralds (Or, so he believed). While working in his lab one day, Sonic accidently burrowed into the place, and both of them went on to become good friends. Eventually, Kintobor caused a mishap to happen when he spilled his drink on the machine, and it exploded. The results were that Kintobor was filled with all of the "Evil" that was contained within the emeralds, transformed into Robotnik, and Sonic has been fighting him ever since.

Also, while that storyline can line up with the lore he's posting about all the 2D Sonic games, another thing Sega did when making SA1 was that they made only the Genesis games (And, Sonic CD) canon. All the events of the Game Gear games and Knuckle's Chaotix are considered non-canon material (Which they even mentioned when making Sonic Heroes and the 3DS version of Sonic Generations). And, since then, the only non-canon Sonic game has been Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. Even the Riders and Storybook series are canon to the series, but they do not have an established timeline like everything else does.

>Yes, I'm a fan of the Sonic series (For all the good it get's).

If you don't have this dude's autism in your folder, you're missing out. It's some pretty damn powerful stuff.

There's an argument to be made about authorial intent, even though Yuji Naka quit not long after Adventure if I remember. Not to mention while there's a strong connection to the Japanese story, there's almost nothing relevant from the English version aside from the Robotnik family name, which directly contradicts the Kintobor origin anyway. Lastly, with the fucking mess that SoA and SoJ were causing with their bitch fights is enough to muddy the waters so far that it's almost easier to just ignore everything. I think post-Unleashed that's been their plan anyway.

You seem to have the wrong autism thread. We're talking about constructive autism. If you want to get off the story topic, at least post Pannen videos, or if you really stretch it, Tamers videos.

In the Archie series, the "Robotnik" family name was disgraced, so they began spelling it backwords. But, then again, those comics (And I forgot about Spinball as well) are not canon at all.
Yeah, can't really argue with that. Until Sega says something official, everything prior to SA1 is a big blue blur.

Well in the last Touhou general someone dumped their autistic data regarding damage rates for characters, bombs and some other random shit for Touhou Eiyashou.

I don't know if that is what you are looking for but there it is. Not really lore related except on an extremely esoteric level requiring a fundamental understanding of how Zun's ethanol pickled brain works on a narrative and meta level.

I see.
On another note, weren't there more than 3 Xionfag describes whatever posts?

At least it's video games, and that's the kind of research that gets something good out of it eventually. Like how Romstar finally figured out how Digimon World worked.

That has to be one of the lowest effort screencaps I've ever seen made, frankly. At least it's not one of the obnoxious stretched funny posts spammed everywhere ones.

1. Up to 30 years ago, elections were done and over with within 6 months time. They didn't last a year, let alone 2.
4. IIRC, the reason those began starting up is because then it allowed the other parties to fuck with each other by allowing people from opposing parties to determine who the other parties' candidate is (IOW, a registered Democrat could vote to determine who the Republican candidate is, and vice versa).
6. Doesn't that only apply to the Democrats?
8. That's actually a good idea, but good luck getting it through. You underestimate the laziness of people, and the lengths they'd go to, and excuses they'd make, to maintain that laziness.
9. No, no, no, that is suppose already to be in place. Last I knew, the voting booths are suppose to be closed by 6 PM, and only allow in the people already in line prior to that time.

are you an alcohol too?

Does anybody have the pic were a user on /christian/ explain how the first three Halo games are symbolic to Jesus' journey or something like that?

The thread devolved into Holla Forums vs /leftpol/ and the user didn't come back.

what a shame

Not vidya, but interesting. Like that guy who speculated some interesting stuff on Vlad the Impaler, based off what little we know.

I don't know why that would need to be explained. The religious symbolism is laid on thicker in Halo than fucking Evangelion.

Is that the one about how Dracula the Vampire was not really based on Vlad Dracula the Impaler despite the name?

Off topic but we pasted Holla Forums? huh
Please no reply.

More about how Vlad lived, became the Impaler, and hated Jews (like everyone in Europe did at the time).

There is really not much else to get out of it. Once you know how scoring in Imperishable Nights works then you can just look at the data for the characters, figure out how best to use your Bombs, how to maximize and you should be able to maximize your score file. As long as you put in the effort to master Lunatic Spell Cards you can be on your way to a nb1cc on at least First Quarter. I mean with a little thought just looking at the numbers would give you the idea that supergrazing Keine's spell card Land Scheme "Three Sacred Treasures - Country" with Youmu and her 30% Human bonus and grazing at 30% with Yuyuko along with a proper strategy would help you hit the max value for each spell card. Extrapolating off of that and the damage that Myon and Yuyukow are capable of all one would need to do is train their skills to make best use of their individual abilities and use a clever Deathbomb on certain spell cards to achieve a decent score.

Well this isn't that thread, but what is Holla Forums drinking?

Surprisingly refreshing. I just came back from a half hour sitting in the backyard, petting the dog, and listening to Judith and the Holofernes. Pretty enjoyable on a warm spring evening.

I don't understand.

All I know about Vlad is that his way of impaling Turkish soldiers was done so that they could survive for days until dying from accumulated blood-loss or dehydration.

Bottom left of the third panel

fuck I mean right

that seems like some pretty cool torture

It's the Holla Forumsyps latest gimmick. They pretend to be offended liberals and then make a huge stink about how upset they are that reddipol is being posted that it encourages other genetic duds to kick in and start making fun of reason, common sense, and intelligence.

Yes reddipol is literally that retarded that the only way they can find someone to support them is to strawman a complete retard spilling his spaghetti all over the place.

Just watch he will come back and express how offended he is that you didn't understand any minute now.

It's just some retard saying Holla Forums dropped below us on the board ranking, calm the fuck down.

Oh it's you again.

Oh, he meant passed Holla Forums on the rankings? That makes more sense now.

You have to go back.

Both of you cut that out, this is one reason why post quality is dropping.

Not vidya (aside from having been a post originally in a Legend of Zelda thread), but here's someone that autistically tried to figure out a timeline for the various series/movies of Scooby Doo. Unfortunately my screen capture attempt apparently failed to capture the spoilered text, despite having the cursor on it, but I think it was something like a time reset, or looping.

I remember that, it was pretty great. I think that was the first time I tried to explain the Mario Paint canon too.

No it is actually a thing. Go check out /ameta/. Someone on there spent a good long time sperging about how evil reddipol and Holla Forumsyps are and then all of a sudden the board starts taking a hard right into trumpkin country.

So like what you're doing right now? Go back to Holla Forums, then.

Alright, have some autism.

Retards. All of you.

I understood your Retardese, please use English next time, this is a majority English speaking board.

W-why are you bullying us a-user?

Sorry, I never miss a chance to repost this shit. Some Russianon needs to get this book and translate it fully into English.

Polite sage as this isn't exactly 'tism, but a synopsis of a fucking weird book.

considering we have the ability to make new boards Whats just keeping the good posters from leaving for a new board while the rot festers on the legacy board?

The fact that we don't know who the good posters are. That and today's good posters become tomorrow's shit posters, and vice versa. What we should be doing, as people who think we are quality posters, is create a thread every day. Even if they're not amazing, or even good, it's certainly better than making a shit thread. This was my plan with this thread, it seems to have turned out OK. Not as much OC as I would have liked, but that's what happens when I post screencaps in the OP. Still a good chance to catch up on anything you missed, you can't be in all the threads all the time.

That statement doesn't make any sense.

says the faggot who can't fucking lrn2 English

thanks for posting those Holla Forums, especially that one about oxytocin and the music industry

Why would anyone go to /[board]/ if nobody else is there?

Another problem is Holla Forums's inconsistent moderations. We';ve seen mark and mods flip flop hard on so many fucking things and with summer coming it's just gonna get worse

Empty server syndrome is a pain. I've seen /games/ pop up in the featured list and seems to be a Holla Forums-/tg/ hybrid and looks active. In any case we can either bitch about it while the house around us burns down or move out and find a better one

As far as problems go, inconsistent moderation isn't too terrible. Mark and his janitors do need to put their foot down more often, but I don't expect them to. It's not as easy to fix as just making good threads, but I'm going to drag the quality of this board up singlehandedly if I have to, can you do any less?

That is indeed the big issue, and even if one does get popular for a while, it either gets shitposted against in retaliation, or a general decay spiral takes place where posters leaving for a more popular board cause more posters to leave for more popular boards themselves. And with the size of posterbase here in comparison to halfchan, it doesn't seem like there's been warrant for other non-Holla Forums vidya boards to have much of a community here. Unfortunately, Mark's the one that nabbed the legacy board name of Holla Forums, and thus owns the most active video game board on the site.

my favorite

I'm gonna try to forget all about that retarded shit I just read.

So no, then, is what you're saying? After all, he said more than three, and there's only three in this thread, which you pointed out.