What are some good pirate games?

What are some good pirate games?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/420290/Blackwake/.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sid Meier's Happy Sailors.

every game is a pirate game

What about free games?

Black Flag not even kidding. Basically ignore the Assassin stuff and play it like a pirate simulator.

This is a joke right? Struggling to recall any Tales game that didn't put me to sleep.

store.steampowered.com/app/420290/Blackwake/.

If only one could ignore rams on frigates, level defined areas, p2w tier grind or the lack of any economy.

Empire Total War with Darthmod can be a lot of fun playing as the Barbary States and pirating the shit out of the med. You'll need a basic grasp of naval combat in the age of sail (group ships in a line, don't sail into the wind) but googling 'darthmod naval combat guide' will get you there.

Underrated game, even if it was more like playing a mod of Tropico 1 than a sequel.

This is a fierce pirate.

Pirates of the Carribean aka Sea Dogs 2.

Very much so, but what's the point if we regurgitate the same two-three games each time a topic pops up?

Puzzle Pirates was comfy.

But like all MMOs, it turned into shit.

It's always worth mentioning Tropico 2, from the outside it looks like a lazy rehash so many skip over it I did for many years and finally tried it a few months back.

Anons recommending black flag aren't joking.

The best part was swearing and see the filter turn it into pirate insults.

If you remove the shit combat and all the creed shit, there could be a solid pirate game.

Yeah, it's amazing how all of its problems come exclusively from being an Asscreed game.

I tried the Sea of Thieves beta and it actually seems very interesting. Shame it's going to be a Windows Store / Xbone exclusive.

Blackwake is basically dead. Maybe 2 active servers in prime NA time.

God, it would be so great if we had an open world game made by Rockstar set in Colonial-era America in the same vein as Red Dead Redemption

Ignore Blood and Gold, at first I thought it was god's gift having a M&B pirate game but that fucking game is buggier than hell and has several gameplay-ending issues. I liked the concept but it's a fucking mess, can't believe they charged money for a halfassed mod.

Ass Creed Black Flag is pretty fucking solid. I have to agree with the other anons here.