It's that time of the year again and I want to scratch my soulsborne itch

It's that time of the year again and I want to scratch my soulsborne itch.
After the surge turned out to be boring and mediocre with next to no variety in both enemies and equipment, I'm contemplating to give DS3 DLCs a roll.
Did they ever fix or done anything at all to the poise system? Was it ever really solved? I remember reading some pants on head retarded analysis how it adds to something-something hyper armor during certain moves with certain weapons that didn't make any fucking sense.
I mean I don't have the problem with amor being purely cosmetic really, but is shit like wolf rings and weapons with long animations still useless?

Weapons with long animations have hyper-armor, which triggers when you swing so you can tank through hits without staggering. Hyper-armor has a health pool, and when you get hit during your hyper-armor animation your hyper-armor health depletes. Wolf ring increases hyper-armor health. Also armor isn't purly cosmetic, the damage reduction and hyper-armor health differ quite significantly.

bigger weapon, more hyper armor, more poise, the harder it is to break your hyper armor. at 34+ poise you can trade against 1 UGS swing

ultras are great for PVE but will always be shit in tryhard duels, that's just how it always worked. invasions they're fine, usually preferred if you crowd control

armor is good, just go with the herald/knight set and RoSP for PVE

That's a sensible way to put it.
So they made new poise to be used with heavy weaponry but not something like dagger or rapier? Not sure if it makes sense from devs' part.

I miss some cloth/leather sets from DS1 and 2 though. They didn't being pic related in any DLCs, did they?

You're the dark souls 2 is good memer, aren't you.

they brought two waifu sets from DS2 and 2 new semi-waifu sets in the dlc, rest are just heavy armor

No, that is me. I am the memer.

No? Dark Souls 2 is fucking shit.
Also this is Dark Souls thread, you can discuss anything related to the series. Don't be a drama queen.

I usually play as traps, so that works.

I wish there was a softer male voice option so my character doesn't have to go "HEY~" like a total manly man…

Traps with deep low voices are the best traps.

Now I know you're baiting.

In pve it does.

Just play it.

There's no outright bad Souls contents, even DaS2.

Have you played Nioh yet?

go fuck yourself faggot
>>>/reddit/
there is already a souls thread

a) Bump
b) That thread is about demon's souls
c) get fucked

Surge is the only souls game that legit makes me angry. If only because the basic bitch enemies do more damage and are harder to deal with than the bosses. Seriously those fucking tripod dog robots need to die in a fire and whoever designed them should be commended because they are legit hard, but satisfying to kill.

I got a question for ya'll niggas

why the fuck is the asylum demon here on the return to the asylum

i'm pretty sure i killed that nigga on the way out

You didn't notice the second one in the hallway on the way there?

No, no, I know about Stray Demon. When I went into that room to fight Asylum Demon, the floor collapsed and Stray aggrod and promptly eviscerated Asylum.

Why the fuck was Asylum Demon there at all?

That's weird. You sure you haven't fucked with the game?

It's the game that does the fucking. Even on ps3 I'd get shit like Black Knights in Firelink Shrine. I thought my ps3 version was haunted but no shit like Ninjaflipping Kirk followed me to PC.

I miss dark souls 2 times for some reason despite hating that game when it was first released

Your inner contrarian is leaking.

factually wrong

The only shitty part of the Souls franchise was the second half of the first Dark Souls game.

As to your question OP, yes, of course get the DS3 DLC. Ashes of Ariendal has better enemies overall, and is probably more fun from the perspective of individual encounters and how you deal with them. Ringed City is longer and gives better lorejobs.