Monster Hunter on Switch confirmed. Does this mean the 3DS is officially dead now?

capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/XX-Switch/

Monster Hunter on Switch confirmed. Does this mean the 3DS is officially dead now?

Other urls found in this thread:

freshlive.tv/capcomchannel/106911
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why don't they make a sequel called monster fucker? People here would eat it up. Fuck, at least make them date you

too bad it's XX which is agreed to be the worst fucking one.
Also they did the same thing with 3 on the Wii

Not even Monster Hunter 5. Because that would take effort.

freshlive.tv/capcomchannel/106911
It seems this is where they'll stream it. Quickly. Someby dig through the site and see if you can extract any hidden videos

Yup

Oh, great…

For the worst monster hunter? Lmao

Nintendo already won E3? Nintendo already won E3.

You know this fucking thing will replace the 3DS, Nintendo is pretending it won't but we all know the truth.

Kill yourself Cody

They always do that, they did it during the GBA era with the DS and they'll do it again with the Switch.

Not until the 3 last EO games drop. There's EMD2 (IDK y tho), PQ2 and EOU3.

Who's cody?

Are you implying there can no longer be a handheld market so Nintendo made a compromise and merged console and handheld into one tablet, and now they made yet another revision to their 3DS line to try to milk a few more dollars out of their consumer base? I believe you.

Cody I swear to fucking god

SHUT UP CODY

When they say they won't replace it is when they do.
I almost broke my DSi when I realized it had no back compat with GBA games.

FUCKOFF CODY
U
C
K
O
F
F

C
O
D
Y

The 3DS will be six feet under when the Switch gets and Animal Crossing game.

Call me when MH5 comes out on switch.

Why is this shitty series so popular?

Call me when it gets a decent MH game.

pls no bully •∆•

Bump so every other thread is deleted
CHECK THE TIME THIS THREAD WAS MADE VOLS

Nigga I'm just gonna pirate them. I love my EO though.

nothing could possibly go wrong!

Oh wow, another Monster Hunter game. Thanks for being so original Capcom…

Holy shit, this Cody dude is legendary if he baited retards this well

Nintendo merged them because they were spreading themselves thin over two separate platforms. The 3DS was in trouble so they pulled resources from the Wii U to save it, and then the Wii U died. With the amount of effort it takes to create HD games these days, and Nintendo being the only company fighting on two fronts (let's face it, the Vita was abandoned at birth, Sony never cared for it), they knew they had to change it up.
Anyway, a cheaper, smaller, no-removable joy-cons version of the Switch is likely to a) get that sweet handheld market on lockdown for another generation and b) get the "full size full price is too expensive" fence sitters on board.

So a vita?

Sony didn't have to babysit the vita, it had good 3rd party support. What killed the vita was the memory cards and nobody bringing over a large amount of its library.

I'm glad you've figured everything out, but you seem to have forgotten a minor detail: it's the Nintendo handhelds that print money, 3DS included after the slow start. This Switch shit is not a proper handheld, no matter how much they like to pretend that it is.

I guarantee there's some overlap in opinion.

I don't even own a 3DS
I just want to see MH out of that limited as fuck console.

Buying Skyrim for 3 platforms, plus a remaster, isn't the same as picking between two consoles for a game that only just came out.

But hes not doing that at all you obtuse nigger.

MONKEYS PAW

MHXX wasn't released overseas though.

Has he come here on 8/v/ to shill?

Countless times

Countless times pic related

Oh man, how many threads do we need about this today?

This was the first thread made about this and cuckchan is flooding if you haven't checked the catalog full of attempts at template threads and console wars.

I bet he's the cunt that makes zelda botw threads

But user it's the most openiest and worldiest game that's ever been crafted from the finest thousand folded japanese aryan pixels.

Its one of the ultimate grinding games.

its just a remake of the same game that came not too long ago.

In any case its only the first console adopters that will buy it. Its not a system seller, its kinda like the HD remake of the MH portable 3 when it came to ps3. No one bought since they could play it on psp.

o-oh…okay

I'll get a Switch eventually, but they've gotta put another MH on the platform and not do what they did with the Wii U. I really just want No More Heroes 3 at the moment.

It is when you're giving Capcom money. Fucking kill yourselves for giving those incompetent cunts even a penny.

You guys are missing the point. Putting MHXX on the Switch is just a test, a chance to practice with the ins and outs of the system capabilities. The real announcement, and the real reason Nintendo's stock jumped in value, is that it's effectively Capcom announcing that MH is going to the Switch from now on, either exclusively or with the 3DS. Or at least, that's how I'm reading it. It may end up being the same as MH3U for Wii U and 3DS, as in just a one-off, but I personally doubt it. The Switch solves Capcom's two issues of both supplying a console version of MH, which there is always demand for, and of not having to spend too much time and money updating their textures, models, et cetera to look good on the big screen.

My friends and I will love it if it comes stateside, as we dug MH3U because one player could use the TV while the rest of the team used it as a second angle on the action. The Switch would let us do that much more easily than by doing the save file shuffle MH3U had.

You should see his metacritic review for it.

sauce

They are just milking a corpse at this point. Oversaturation is a very real thing.

It's mayonnaise I think. Could be ranch.

source

lol the NA market alone would make it worth doing

Not until we can hack the Switch for free games.
Seeing as how the Switch uses FreeBSD libraries, most likely for shit like Jails, I doubt it will ever happen without some elite autism working on it.

They don't pretend anything though, they stated multiple times that they consider the switch a home console.

nigga, me and probably every other person who's played a monster hunter went rock hard at the sight of MH on switch.

Fanboyism is a disease

No matter how pretty the whore is, you'll still get AIDS when you fuck her.

INTO THE OVEN

wuz wrong white girl? U mad cuz white boiz and being attracted to our BBB?
Big
Black
Butts.

I'm still certain that the next major Monster Hunter game will come to the PS4, you know Capcom will make the stupidest decision possible instead of taking advantage of what you said, a smaller increase in dev costs/times over a PS4 version and Monster Hunter simultaneously on a portable and a home console.

When was the last time a monhun game came out on a console besides nintendo?

monster hunter portable 3rd

It came out on PS3 and PSP

Freedome Unite?

That is a mainline monhun game and not any of the MMO spinoffs

I don't really care, I'm still waiting for the real MH5. The X/generations games feel way too much like frontier.

I'll place an impossible bet. MHV is going to be multi-plat now that all consols are virtually x86 architecture except 3DS. And yes I'm including PC. And all platforms can play together online.

Maybe, more likely than a Switch version, and Switch is ARMS architecture, same as 3ds, maybe not same iteration, don't know.

I was also thinking that Capcom might use Unreal 4 for MHV like that China exclusive monhun (obviously more polished than that one). If the Switch is easy to port Unreal 4 builds to and the game is at least 720p60fps on Switch then I can see a Switch version possible.

I'm also hoping that MHV's artwork would be a bit more stylized to look like a realistic painting rather than realism in favor of framerate performance over cinematic 30fps. Tried playing X on New 3DS v MH4. Framerate's better in MH4. I play better in that game.

What is this image from?