I find that I know almost no interesting Sega games from any era...

I find that I know almost no interesting Sega games from any era. I never owned a Sega console and I never went back and looked them up.
Nobody also ever seems to suggest them.

Anything I should play from the Genesis (CD + 32X), Saturn or Dreamcast?
On the Genesis I only played Sonic and Snatcher, for the Dreamcast only Jet Set Radio.

Anything good after they went third party?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GbELDqMPZ3k
youtube.com/watch?v=xkN9oru-qCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought Sonic Adventure was good. I haven't touched it since 2011 though, and now I'm worried it's gonna be shit when I play it again. What do you fags think the best version of SA1 is? SA2 fags need not apply.

The only exposure to Sonic Adventure I've had have been videos on youtube. And it looks really really clunky.
Am I wrong?
Is there any reason to play it?

It's rough around the edges, but I remember liking the levels in that game more than in SA2.

Vectorman series
Ecco the Dolphin I and II
Sonic 3 and knucles
Shinobi series
Streets of Rage series
Golden Axe
Virtua Fighter
NiGHTS
Rocket Knight/Sparkster

yakuza is unironically and no-exaggerating my favorite game series that isn't dead

I've only played Yakuza 1 (because I ain't spending 80$+ for Yakuza 2), and I dunno, it felt really rough around the edges.
I got stuck at the funeral part for 30 minutes at least.

Are the sequels better?

Definitely Dreamcast. DX isn't even a "Director's Cut" in the true sense, since Naoto Ohshima's name was conspicuously cut from the credits.

Really? How many others changes were made to the Gamecube version of Sonic Adventure?

The first four Yakuza games all got reprints recently. Granted, each one is $50, but depending on where you live and what the average price on it's been, it might be better to look into if VGP (or whatever that Canadian vendor is) still has some copes of Yakuza 2 in. And I've heard that the games after the first PS2 one make a number of improvements to gameplay (as well as having JP dub instead of English, even in the west); might take that with a grain of salt though, as the series is still on my backlog, and I'm just going by what I've heard.

Phantasy Star is pretty underrated. It was mostly overlooked in favor of Final Fantasy in the west.

JSR

Yakuza 4 and up are when the series came into its own in the west, they dropped the stupid translation errors and stopped censoring most of the side material. Yakuza 3 is pretty good, but you have to put up with having the Hostess club material be non-existent due to censorship. Yakuza 2 has one of the better stories, but you might as well learn Nip and import a copy from Japan. Yakuza Zero is a good game and I recommend it for anyone willing to buy a PS4. Sega is supposedly releasing an HD remastering of Yakuza 2 and 3 after they release the remake of Yakuza 1 that's coming out in August. I recommend playing them in release order, trying to play them chronologically is a nightmare because of the change in mechanics between Zero and One.
Also, I recommend trying Ryu Ga Gotoku: Isshin, the spin off game where Kiryu and friends are reimagined as Samurai in Meiji era Japan.

GUYS I'M SO EXCITED OVER THE SEGA ROAD TO 2020 THING AHHHHHHHHH

Genesis
X-Men
Jurassic Park Rampage Edition

Saturn
Guardian Heroes
Panzer Dragoon

Dreamcast
Bomberman Online
Spawn in the deamons hand
Shenmue

Most of these are going to be for Genesis, as I'm not all that familiar with the Saturn and Dreamcast libraries.

-Anything by Treasure. Even the tie-in games, like the McDonalds one.
-If you like shmups, the Thunder Force series.
-Ranger X for sweet 2D mecha action.
-Pulseman is a fun platformer with a fan translation
-If you're a Space Invaders fan, Space Invaders '91 is pretty good.
-Zero Wing is fun beyond the meme.
-Castlevania Bloodlines
-The CD versions of Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
-Afterburner II
-Beyond Oasis for a nice Zelda-like
-Contra Hard Corp.
-Herzog Zwei is an RTS by the people who made Thunder Force.
-Landstalker
-Monster World IV, which also has a fan translation.
-Splatterhouse series
-I usually don't see this one recommended, but I find Pac-man 2 to be hilarious.
-Lords of Thunder for one of the most metal fantasy shmups you'll ever play
-Magical Pop'n for a cute platformer

The games continuously get better, the best games in the series being 5/0/Ishin. The main reason with the original game being so clunky is that its the first game of that type that the developers made, and it shows. Thankfully the sequel improves on the combat by making it much smoother to control and has more content. If you just want to play the original game though without it being clunky, there's a remake on PS4 coming out in August called Yakuza Kiwami which has the best combat mechanics and doesnt have the annoying loading screens on PS2.

In case you ever do want to get into the series, check out these video series, one being information on how the series came to be and the other being a retrospective on the entire series.
youtube.com/watch?v=GbELDqMPZ3k
youtube.com/watch?v=xkN9oru-qCQ

Holy fuck, someone bomb Vevo alreary

For the Saturn, you should play Psychic Killer, Elevator Action Returns, Layer Section, Nights into Dreams, Panzer Dragon 1, 2, and Saga, Dragon Force 1 and 2, Virtual On, Mega Man 8, Bulk Slash, Baroque, Quake, Sega Rally, Daytona USA, and Saturn Bomberman.

Illbleed is a really fucking weird comedic horror game for Dreamcast. I can't believe I forgot that one.

Well, on the PRO side, they added a Mission Mode that gives you more activity to do in the Adventure Fields after you've beaten each of the character stories. The GameCube version (though not the ports, but more on that in a sec) also adds all the Game Gear games as emblem unlockables if you haven't already played 'em on Mega or Gems Collection. Admittedly a pretty good incentive to collect those things, even though you can find the superior Master System versions on Virtual Console now. Oh, and they also lifted the bulk of the Chao system from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, if you care about that (and fixed the Mystic Ruin & Egg Carrier gardens so they're less broken).
On the CONS: they got rid of the original shading engine for no good reason (it was in working order in a prototype build), and replaced it with something that makes the models excessively shiny and plastic-y, probably in an attempt to mimic the GameCube's cell-shading made popular by The Wind Waker. The developers also gave-up on giving the game a proper face-lift halfway through, so areas like Station Square look different but windows and reflections still show the Dreamcast textures, and there's an obvious clash when untouched Dreamcast models show up like Eggman. The framerate was increased, but unoptimized, so it's very unsteady compared to the original, and there are actually more bugs overall compared to the supposedly bug-ridden original Japanese version. Loading is also slower for the most part (it seems faster at first due to the FPS, but it's an optical illusion).
It gets worse: all subsequent ports are directly built off the previous port, losing certain graphical quality with each version. So the latest version, the 2011 Steam release…is a port of the 2010 XBLA release (also for PSN), which is a port of the 2004 Windows release (that's right, back to PC), which is a port of the 2003 GameCube release, which is a port of 1999 International Dreamcast release, which is an enhancement of the 1998 Japanese Dreamcast release. And yet, even through all these revisions, the Game Gear games are still present in the game data and fully playable, despite the menu being disabled after the GameCube version. Recently, there have been restoration patch attempts for the latest PC version…but at that point, might as well boot up the Dreamcast version on an emulator.

Genesis Shadowrun best Shadowrun.

the first one is rough but from the second game on they keep getting better and better gameplay wise, plot wise 2 is the best one

the thing about SA1 is that it feels like it has physics to it. It's not as polished as SA2, but it feels like a 2D sonic game in 3D.

kolibri: quite possibly the best hummingbird based shooter for the 32x

I thought the best version was some PC release after extensive modding and restoration

Is is

Current mods can only fix so much, though. The one that got attention recently, the lighting restoration, isn't so much a restoration is it is a recreation. The guy disabled the modding engine, then looked at the Dreamcast version extensively and wrote his own very hacky, bloated code around the PC version to approximate the original lighting. The result is that it admittedly looks pretty close and much better than DX, but it's not a very elegant patch and drains resources.

Sega really hates Oshima's guts.