You know fighting Gods to free humanity is fun and all...

You know fighting Gods to free humanity is fun and all, but it's tiring to see religion being portrated constantly as evil.

What games portray religion in positive light? I think Actraiser is one of the best games that did it well and not in at all cringy way. Closest that I can think of when I think of a good "Christian" video game I know it isn't exactly Christian, but it shows that Christianity was the biggest inspiration of the creators

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Age of Empires 2.

Wolololo

If we're gonna get on this topic, I want to see games where Hitler isn't always portrayed as evil. That's much more cliche and much more inaccurate.

You can make another thread on that, can we please stay on topic? This isn't really related.

Don't even try to start a political discussion in here nigger, this isn't a place for it

Just about any game with paladins.
Using the power of your god to smite evil is almost always positive.

I wasn't saying Hitler was good. I was saying religion is evil. Games are one of the only mediums where we have more than a couple works that don't constantly kowtow to religion.

Pretty much all of the Dragon Quest games. You ultimate goal is always fighting a demon lord on the behalf of God(dess), either directly or indirectly.

That's about as stupid as saying "science" or "philosophy" is evil, given that they're all the same exact thing.

This is b8.

Yes, a process by which we try to prove things to gain knowledge is the same as holding "faith" (belief without evidence). Exactly the same thing.

The biggest inspiration for Actraiser 1 was greek/nord mythology. It wasn't till Actraiser 2 that it became more old christian based.
JUST SAYING YOU FUCKING NERD
As for the good Christian games, try Ark 3d or Bible games. Faggot.

Since when is faith a requirement for a religion? Pali Buddhism, Brahmanic Hinduism and traditional yogic paths all reject religious or philosophical faith as a basis for metaphysical knowledge/action. Further, their ascetic paths (and most ascetic paths) across the world are entirely experiential.

Saying religion is evil is like saying politics or the judicial system is evil. It doesn't make sense because you are using individual labels and applying them to institutions. An institution may be corrupt, but an institution cannot be evil, only the humans that make up the institution can be evil. Expand your thinking, my man.

Pol ruins yet another thread.

Some religion can be pure Chaotic Evil though bro, look at almost all Semite religions.

Not to mention religion doesn't have to be institutionalized. The entire "le evil religion" is all just anti-christian nonsense.

Yes user, generalizing different fields as being the same thing is a stupid point to make.

The thread is fine.
The real question is, how many of you mother fuckers beat Actraiser 2 on hardmode? apparently its the hardest game ever made for the Snes.

Any piece of media that isn't Christian is Jewish.

They're not fields, they're terms that express the level of acceptedness of a proposition under our current religion.

Sure, if you want to frame them that way.

I clearly don't need your permission to do so, as I have been before receiving it. Besides, the vast majority of today's science does simply operate on faith. It's not like anyone actually checks citations anymore.

That only works under the new reddit definition of "science". Science refers to the organized acquisition of new knowledge, not the studying of already accepted knowledge.

I was asking for the cases of games where religion is portrayed as good. I know it can be evil but fuck, we have examples of religions that are basically Neutral Good.

>implying that Christianity isn't basically a Neutral Good religion and all the evil connected to it comes from someone corrupting it's meaning

I'm asking for vidya in which we can see examples of such religions portrayed in a positive light. Vidya in which a good religion fights an evil religion could be cool too

Science observes the objective world, religion doesn't.

Nigger, Japanese Actraiser 1 was insanely inspired by Christianity. The final boss is even named Satan.

Games made for the purpose of promoting a religious ideology are shit just as much as those promoting leftist ideology for the exact same reasons. After all, there are many parallels to be made between Abrahamist religions and progressive ideas coming from the modern left. Games and entertainment should stay away from those as much as possible or at least be extremely subtle about it. ActRaiser did it surprisingly well by simply removing almost all references to Christianity, instead favoring a story about some vague deity deciding to rebuild a world destroyed by monsters. It was not like that obvious propaganda being shat out constantly by shitty devs like Ubisoft, where they absolutely have to shove the leftist agenda in everyone's face. That description of Marx in Asscreed still makes me sick.

So like Islam?

Astute observation.
It sure is nice to make claims like this based on faith.

Praise the Lord.

There's like three, fam. And only one is chaotic evil. The other two are lawful evil and lawful neutral.

I always thought the more positive perspectives of religion put it in the lawful column of the D&D alignment chart, especially when it's Catholic-flavored like so much vidya Christianity stand-ins.

Oh, so everyone before the acceptance of the scientific method was dealing with some sort of phantasmal world?

Science is a sheet covering ten thousand irreducibly different fields pretending they sit together comfortably as a single lens.

Find me a citation for how many citations are actually followed up then. :^)

I don't remember if it had crosses and other symbols in the Nip version so my last post might be misguided. i do remember the last boss being Satan but not much else referring to Christianity directly.

I'm not looking for religious propaganda in form of video games, I'm looking for video games that use "religion is good" as a theme.

Nah, the main hero even looks like a Nordic Knight, all the troubles and monsters you destroy through the levels are based on mythology. Keep sucking that Semite cock though.

Eh, I can't really think of any. I never go into a game bounding myself to a religion and think that it should do go. I do it myself as the Hero.

You were the one who made the claim. You have to substantiate it. The burden of proof lies on you, friend.

Using fallacy accusations are for lazy niggers.

Actually it doesn't, as you're the one asserting a self-consistent viewpoint based off of it.

It seems like you made a claim with nothing to back up said claim, and are now refusing to provide any sort of evidence to try and prove your claim. I suppose you can say "no u" infinitely and win any sort of internet argument, though.

user arguing to the refs isn't going to make your reddit tier inability to defend your own arguements any better.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews

There, petty first year uni argument over.

What does this have to do with anything?
There was a world, scientifically unobserved.

Most old school JRPGs, then. Many used churches and/or temples to save and revive your party. Post-2005, I can't think of any off the top of my head. By then, kikes had a grasp on vidya and we all know how they treat religion, just look at Hollywood for fuck's sake. Every year around Easter they have to show an old 1970s film of Jesus of Nazareth , because there was nothing else produced after that really showed him in a good light and was damn near what is told in the bible.

Once again, you haven't actually made an effort to prove your claim. Making a claim and saying that its true doesn't instantly make it true, and similarly doesn't require someone to go out of their way to disprove it; it is false by a lack of evidence until you provide some.

Yeah, I was kinda in shock when playing through Dragon Quest 7 for the first time. The chapel dude said God bless you and was pretty awesome.

And you've now conflated scientific observation with something being an objective phenomenon. You're stating that people's experience, which objectively happens, is secondary to a subjective verbal transformation (science).

Prove this claim.

You blame Holla Forums for destroying threads, when in all honesty, its philosophy major drop outs.

Yeah, generally oldschool JRPGs often seemed to at least have some kind of good god or a few of them helping out the party, or at least allowing them to take blessings or to revive their characters now when I think about it.

Geez user, it's almost like you're arguing in cliches you've heard before, rather than using any actual formal logic.

Does DOOM count?

Now this is quality b8. I'll stop replying and let the thread get on topic.

I acknowledge your defeat with the humility of a spiritual aristocrat, fully and truly divorced from the ends of his actions in the most noble and aryan way possible, with profound whiteness.

if there is evil, all it proves is that god is not omniscient

if a god chooses to let good servers suffer, why call him god?

Mandatory playing for any self-respecting Christian vidya enthusiast and any non-Christian vidya enthusiast but not exactly what I was looking for.

Their shitflinging is just made to derail the thread.. I often wish people who drank the Marxist kool-aid served in colleges would get sent back to their containment board and that Holla Forums would stop taking the bait.

That assumes that suffering is evil, which is entirely based on sentiment.

People's experience is subjective, while science is an objective representation and meaurement of the world (although limited to a certain point).

The second conclusion is not necessarily true.

Wasn't the Biblical answer to this problem: "There was a perfect world at first but we fucked up anyways, so this is our punishment"?

Because what you call good servers are worshiping a false deity. Not to mention, suffering is what makes a person grow and mature, faggot. Without suffering, you end up with pussies who think everybody is good and no wrong consequences can happen, no matter how absolutely retarded their actions are. Evil exists and they call themselves God's chosen. That's how badly removed from what matters people are.

SMT series.

why would an infallible, immortal ,omniscient god make his creation suffer, unless he is evil?

One, why would I assume a god or god to be omnipotent? In the earliest human religious (that we know of), this is not the case. The gods are the animating forces of the world or revered ancestors, the idea of a god of totality comes very late in civilizational development and mirrors the formation of empire, hence is earliest attested to in urban civilizations.

In either case, the functionality of worship is obvious, to ensure continuity of the soul after death (as seen in the Odyssey or in megalith cults), or as an apotropaic sacrifice to ward off misfortune. Both of which are eminently practical and not something that should be waved away as meaningless because it isn't "perfect."

This is why I don't get my philosophy from slaves. They're always fucking pessimists.

Why is suffering evil? You do realize that pain has neurological utility, right?

if god were really god, he'd allow us to be pure omniscience like he is.

There is no god, nothing awaits us after conscious death, and just try to be a good person despite a meaningless existence.

/end edge

religion IS intrinsically evil. regardless of which, all of them seek the same 3 things

control peoples actions
control peoples thoughts
control peoples property

think about that for a minute and why its almost always portrayed as evil in videogames before you pull out your folder of meme hats.

also, Dragon Quest. there, you're wrong.

Because he was thought up by Judeans. Agian, suffering =! evil. If you didn't suffer while touching flames, your whole body would immolate itself and you'd become a pile of ash.

Also, the thing that makes suffering bad in our world isn't suffering itself. It's the fact that we don't know if the suffering has a point or not.

If you lived in a world where you would have to suffer, but were sure that there is some meaning to it, then you wouldn't consider it evil. Imagine for example a good person, sacrificing himself in the name of a country that he loves, and being 100% sure that his sacrifice will make the country survive. Wouldn't he be a happy man?

Excessive suffering with no cause or consequence doesn't make anyone grow, it breaks you over time.

how are either of these bad

the majority of lemmings devolve into hooting apes without something forcing them to overcome base instinct

How is that different from any structure that would give order to society, including your post?

Freedom is what separates a man from a slave
You can keep arguing your retarded ideas but nobody wants to be a slave.

To go beyond the sentimental version of suffering as "unpleasentness", remember that the word is traditionally the latin "passio" as in "passion" as in "things that one bears." Suffering is traditionally understood as privation not, bad feeling. The latter interpretation is all 20th century nonsense and probably some woman's fault.

Then why are there countless defenders of the status quo?

No, what separates a man from a slave is honor. Even a slave is free.

It's only bad if it's done to a too large of an extent. Some form of government is necessary, but when government becomes opressive then it becomes evil.

This is why the user you're responding to is a retard.

Because they perceive whatever bullshit you're peddling as worse than their current living standards.

Shut the fuck up you new age hippie.

THIS IS WHY I LOVE WEEBS
H
I
S

I
S

W
H
Y

Yes user, I'm sure you righteously oppose badness and support goodness. Use concrete terms. Oppression of who, in what circumstances, through what means?

Nigger I am a straight up fascist, you need to crack open a fucking book

Oppressive is entirely subjective.

So, they'd prefer to be a slave than to be free? Guess that means that people want to be slaves.

top kek
Kill yourself you collectivist retard.

how is my post trying to manipulate people into giving me their money and their worship?

when you use them to rape children and evade taxes world-wide.

Yeah I keep forgetting that basing your entire identity on what shit you buy from the kikes is the fullest expression of freedom and masculinity.

Freedom is ONE OF the most important values there are in the world, but I hope you do realize it is not the only one. Sometimes you have to give up a bit of your own freedom for yours and other people's well being.

Nigger, there are thousand of ways that a government can opress a human being. It's not important to my point where the line is. I'm just stating that there is a line. I know this is quite obvious in itself, but 43b6ef did not seem to realize that But if you really want some examples here is one: Freedom of Speech >inb4 freedom of speech is bad

What the fuck are you talking about?
You haven't established a single thing but are already pulling out jewish subversion? Go learn some basic methods of argumentation from your kike overlords before interacting with other people.

If you're weak, yes. I've lost family members exactly because of that. Yet others with the same conditions managed to go through it and came back stronger. Today they are not affected by what some bumbling idiot would think is the end of the world, exactly because they couldn't give a rat's ass about mere passing feelings when they know exactly what true pain is. Cripples and war vets share this thing in common. Last 3 generations have really become sheep who won't dare endure anything that hurts their feelings thanks to that wide-spread lack of suffering

When you say that something "IS intrinsically evil" because it
and encourage people to reject religion, you are trying to control their actions, thoughts and property, thus making you intrinsically evil.

And I'm stating that your "line" doesn't exist because the moment it was crossed you would make a new one, because your decision making is based on your personal sentiment rather than an exterior circumstance.

Also, don't expect me to use specific terms, when the thing I'm arguing against is put in vague terms itself.

Because
is the most vague shit you can come up with.

Not even going to engage your stupidity.
Do some self reflection before drowning in whatever regurgitated rhetoric you are drinking.

By that reasoning, using reasoning is bad because it can be used to learn how to make weapons to kill people. But that's retarded, because it can also be used to help people by say inventing medicine.

Tools aren't intrinsically good or evil. It's who's using them and for what.

Neither have you, lad. If the conversation is going over your head Maybe you mshould sit down for a bit while adults talk.

Or maybe you should have some standards that aren't so vague they can be applied to ANYTHING.

I don't need to
I am not arguing in favor or against anything. I am just calling out your stupidity so that you either think before you type or people don't fall for your jewish tricks.

how am i doing this you retard? telling people facts is not trying to control them. im not telling them to do absolutely anything so how am i doing what you're saying im doing?

you're making that shit up to deflect making an actual point

you're doing the same except instead of flat out lying your face out you're stretching logic to the limits of retardation.

if you keep going with that line of thought we're going to reach carl sagans "everything is just starstuff dude lmao".

0/10

Yet you seem to insist on trying.

Oh, so you think people tell each other thinks are evil to ENCOURAGE them to engage with them?

The line is objective and completely independent from my opinion. I'm not stating anything else than the fact that some form of control over people is necessary and is good for the society as a whole, but government controling people too much is evil while 43b6ef seems to be suggesting that all forms of control are evil.

I don't think that's too hard to understand.

I guess people shouldn't talk to each other either
fucking retard

It's reddit trying to pass of as Holla Forums. user is saying he's fascist, while using the Frankfurt school definition of science and spewing old Marxist talking points about religion. Incoherent contradictory babbling if you look at the whole posting history of the thread. I'm off, this shitshow is giving me a headache.

You're insisting that controlling behavior is inherently evil. It's not. A father teaching his son a skill he'll need to survive and encouraging him to use that skill isn't evil. It's genuine kindness.
Oh, I'm dealing with someone incapable of grasping language, let alone concepts this abstract. Never you mind, then. Carry on.

You're the one who put that definition of evil forth, not me, you fucking idiot. Keep insulting yourself, though.

It's almost like I'm trolling people and you guys are fucking summerfag redditor scum.

user you're too retarded to even seriously reply to.

Everybody has a breaking point. I hope you find yours soon.

Castlevania without a doubt.

From a Religious institution with no authority it absolutely is.
A father has authority and a duty towards his child. Religion only has authority towards its followers. Despite this it tries to control even people who don't give a shit about the religion.

Your entire post reeks of babbys first 4chan post. I suggest you go back to that place and leave this site alone.

you're cancer given physical form.

You really are just sperging out like a tard, at least learn to ID hop so you just don't seem like a schizophrenic for fuck's sake.

I did, dealt with it after 2 years of having to build myself back up. Now you won't see me bitch and moan because things didn't go my way and I don't have any attention. Believe me, what pretty much every body live in their everyday life is chicken shit compared to what horrible things can happen .

Because in video games, they are not omniscient.

Sadly the closest thing I have ever seen to this is mods for various games. But hey maybe someday I would hope.

Your futile denials are amusing.
:^)

Sounding a bit Law there bro.

Sounding a bit Chaos there bro.