RIMWORLD THREAD

RIMWORLD THREAD

I've just started playing this and its great, any suggestions for my cosy cave tribe? Any stories? How the fuck do I thrive when the very air itself kills my tribe?

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/blog/2017/05/alpha-17-on-the-road-released/
pastebin.com/jaHkuPy9
pastebin.com/6tzc3ZnT
pastebin.com/tTpmNyLs
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28747.0
loverslab.com/topic/73498-rimworld-sex-mod-rimjobworld-rjw/
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30082.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28066.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31526.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29310.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24975.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19068.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26108.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22120.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24432.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9521.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28731.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11272.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32497.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33631.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30938.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31119.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33606.msg343027#msg343027
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22598.0
patreon.com/posts/11681869
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/361798516951528733/#c350542145687491683
imgur.com/r/RimWorld/5TGVL
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a17 is out
ludeon.com/blog/2017/05/alpha-17-on-the-road-released/
i'm waiting a week in case of patches

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
SAUCE.

I've got it, its pretty neat, attacked a base with my dudes all armed with steel long swords and tribal wear, they hacked one dude apart and the other guy fled, but a rabbit went berserk for some reason, bit my main guy Saio and caused major bleeding and killed him. all in all, a great mission.

What a faggot

who loves rimjobs?

i love rimjobs

a little radiation never killed anyone

tell them not to breathe retard

There's a fashion mod that adds job specific clothing, and among that clothing is a gas mask that decreases the effect of toxicity.

i was bored with this base anyways.gif
question
i've tamed cougars and wolves, both 2.5% manhunter chance, but thrumbos (same chance) always fuck my shit in the first two taming attempts
does wildness affect manhunter chance?

it does, you basically need to have a god-tier tamer or pray that it self-tames.
Or box it in somewhere and either starve it out or mortar it to death/surround with turrets for it's loot.

shoot it to shit with you colonists and then rescue it. make sure to use a comfy animal bed to maximize bonding chance. anywho that's how i did it(on accident) in 15

It'll pass. And here's a suggestion: don't built from wood unless you like bonfires.

rimworld combat logs when

and wooden floors are flammable now

That sounds very exploitable.

It should just be 2.5% manhunter chance, probably bad luck on your part. But even at lv20 animal skill, you have a greater chance of it going manhunter than of actually taming it.
Unless you just want it for the sake of having it (in that case shoot it til downed and treat it like said, Thrumbos take dozens, sometimes hundreds of wounds and every time an individual wound is treated gives a tiny % chance for a wild animal to instantly tame and bond to the doctor), Thrumbos really aren't worth taming even forgetting the difficulty. They're worth a lot more silver dead than alive and they have a hunger rate of 4.5, which is the equivalent of 9 colonists or 4.5 muffalo. Taming it with the bonding method also means that should your doctor die, the Thrumbo will go berserk in the middle of your base and butcher everyone.

when was the first time you realized you liked other men and when was the first time you realized you could sample another man's anus?

gotcha
i can't help myself, i just gotta have a zoo of everything
tame everything, recruit everyone

Nice digits but you make me sick sharing your living quarters with filthy animals like you do.

wewe lade
In future, for wargs especially, tend them in the freezer. The food your animal tamer feeds them in their daily tamings isn't enough to keep them above the hunger threshold, and as soon as it drops past that first bar, they'll hunt the nearest pet/colonist they can reach (I believe it's possible for them to hunt each other, too, but they prioritize your dudes). This is important for wargs especially, since they only eat raw meat and corpses, which you can't just leave laying on the floor in the dining room (like you could leave piles of kibble or pemmican for other predators) without them quickly rotting away.

silly user, wargs sind der Überwolves desu

odd, i don't remember having an incident with them (pics are of last colony)
i knew they'd fuck my shit up if they go hungry, but that's why i had my tamer/crafter only on taming and waking up the tamer to feed/tame them when their hunger gets low
had plenty of meat thanks to a cave bedroom turned bug meat/glowstick farm
though i faintly remember a warg eating a pet rat

You need to go back and reread that post

But not to derail too much, did that rimjobworld get it's much promised update? How about any other recent mods worth mentioning?

Only start breeding dogs if you're planing to stick with the fuckers and not sell them.

old caps.

ayy

What possible fucking purpose. How hard is it to make the WHOLE map scrollable and to fix these goddamn performance issues for bases over 10 people?

Rimworld is a fun game. I played a shitton of alpha16 and I'm currently seeding but not playing 17.

That said similiar games such as Kenshi is a better game and Mount and Blade Warband is better than both, so if you haven't played all 3 I highly recommend it.

Looking forward to version 55 or so of Rimjob though.

WTF is this.

in that they are squad/army games with bases.
yeah, i know.. it might seem like a stretch.

M&B is in no way similar to Rimworld, and Kenshi is aimed in a different direction. Also, Kenshi's performance is utter shit

what the fuck is this sorcery this is playing with my brain

if you say so. nigger

What, you don't know how faggots operate?
pastebin.com/jaHkuPy9
pastebin.com/6tzc3ZnT
pastebin.com/tTpmNyLs

Huhuh he said rim

Talk about selection bias.

Holy fuck my sides

Is this dwarf fortress with more sodomy?

Reported for being a queer. Try harder.

What makes it completely unreliable is the fact that it makes claims about "x percent of homosexuals" when it is very obvious that the studies will inherently over-report those things.
Homosexuals that would admit to being such in the 1970s were vastly more likely to engage in degenerate behavior that those who kept it hidden. If you want to measure how much group X does behavior Z compared to how much group Y does it, then counting any members of X who don't do Y as being in Z makes your study completely fucking worthless.
The nature of those studies means that all of their results are vastly higher that reality, and you'd have to be retarded to deny that.

Also Kenshi is utter shit. I want to like it really bad, but it's just garbage currently.

I started working on my Children & Pregnancy mod again after leaving it unfinished for ages. Now women can breastfeed babies/toddlers, children can be beaten for misbehaviour (or scolded depending on the adult) and parents can play with babies so the little shits don't need to watch television all day long to stay happy. Also implementing crying baby mechanics when they're unhappy or hungry, which will give a strong mood debuff to anyone in earshot.

Because recently they have been working on features that allow you to see beyond your starting square, like expeditions and such.

Right from 10 tome of Overlord i see.

It takes from the Lovecraft Mythos. Dark Young are the spawn of Shub-Niggurath.

Keep working on it, always good to have mods that enhance the life on the colony.
Hopefully you can make it compatible with Rimjobworld or whatever that mod's name is.

Now just missing the standard Psychology, Hospitality and Leaders mods for A17

I'm fucking sad & livid. I've spent a fuckload of time and resources converting my 3 starting colonists into deadly bionically-enhanced women of destruction. I send them into the closest, simplest, dumbest item stash and they get fucking mauled by attack dogs within seconds.
Should I just send my disposable colonists? Or just not bother caravaning at all? Permadeath is supposed to be "roll with the punches" not "fuck you for playing".

ohmy.jpg

That's basically Rimworld's tagline.

What story teller do you guys use?

Phobe is too laid back
Classic is too interested in fucking murdering me
Is random a meme or is it actually fun?

play the game. randy will fuck your shit up. the game in general is meant to be like that.

Always play randy

the other two AIs constantly ramp difficulty no matter what, eventually you will lose and lose hard

Two of those fags are still alive. Send someone quick to drag them out of harms way and rescue them.

I was told that it's just utterly random, which can fuck you over at the start, but easier than classic in the long run and will pose little challenge later.
Just babby down the difficulty from whatever you were playing at if it's really that hard. Classic is still going to be your best difficulty progression.

welp

cass
there's only so long i can stick to one base before itching to see it burn down, so it works for me

I got a distress call from a model at the beginning of the game. Decided to let him in because I didn't have a warden. Turns out he can do literally nothing but Social. So I captured the weaponless 8yo tribal girl chasing him (with massively better stats), used him to recruit her, then had him executed. No one minded though because they were all high on smokeleaf that the girl was carrying when she raided.

wat
youngest i've seen was 17

Youngest vanilla can go is 14. Children and Pregnancy mod adds exactly what the title implies

Why does sending caravans out into the worldmap make the game so fucking unstable? If I don't get a crash while one is in transit then the entire ui will disappear and I have to force reboot my fucking computer (fucking ctrl-alt-del becomes unresponsive).

What the hell gives? this happens with or without the Set up camp mod.

Probably a new bug. Playing with a smaller section of world gen might fix it. As it is, the dev doesn't recommend playing with a full map as it's so hard on performance.

Bump-a-rump

I'm just waiting on the laser drill mod. Geothermal power is pretty much the only option for late-game bases. Anyone know any mods that add constant-power options that don't suck but aren't OP?

I'm actually only waiting on a few mods like the Rimjobworld one for A17, but maybe it's not worth the wait. But on the other hand, I'm just missing rivers and a few balance issues, I think?

Bump

Can you genocide brown people in this game?

Holy fuck that sounds amazing. I need this fuck mod.

Anyone has any guide or idea on how to change the Storyteller's default values? I'm sure it's just XML tweaking but I'd like to hear it from someone with more experience.

From what I recall, all 3 storytellers seem to prefer a population of 4-5 colonists and will consistently screw with you until that's all you have left. Problem is, that's far too small for me. 1 Grower, 1 Cook, 1 Crafter (assuming multitask here with Craft, Tailor and Smith), 1 Research\Warden\Medic and 1 Builder\Miner. There's no one left for combat, no spare medic, crafting is all done by the same person and mining competes with building for time.
I'd rather have a stable population of about 10 and everyone beyond that would just be cannon fodder.

Also testing the Warhammer mod. Seems pretty fun and the Orks look neat but still gotta see what the psy abilities are really like.

Are there any good modpacks? I tried playing but quit after 10 minutes after I realized it's really not that different from 5 versions ago.

Wait what? pregnancy mod?

Where can I find it?

You can canibalize them.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE RANDY

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28747.0

Do you guys know if we will be able to make underground building? or the game is programed in a way that is impossible?

Does it work?

But like I said, you can’t actually see them concurrently without massive frame drops because the game is unoptimized shit.

I feel like this entire ecosystem should be crumbling

I do, I live in caves, but I mean Z axis and going down to the core of the planet.

Are there any good mods available yet or should I stick with A16 for now? Also what mods are you running?

i need more mortars

3 is good, but the problem is they can't share ammo bays, so you need to somehow make a maximum amount of ammunition for one with qualities or something, and then make a dump for each one, otherwise your retard crewman will stop using the mortar since someone else is using the stockpile.

Notice the separation.

It could, maybe, but not really.
Terrain is coded in a way that doesn't lend itself to z-levels, not yet at least. Water, for instance, is just another tile like wood or stone, it has no depth to it.

Considering we can have multiple maps now, it wouldn't be too far fetched to treat each z-level as it's own map with some conections, but then you'd require a different pathfinding to take the transictions into account as well.
Then you'd need terrain in one floor to change the other, for instance digging holes on z-level 3 should open tunnels in z-level 2.

The biggest hurdle would likely be water mechanics, considering how the damn thing is quite static as it is.

Look for a user named Fluffly something in their forums, he does a few mods that are essential like Colony Manager. It lets you automate a fuckload of tasks as long as a colonist spends a bit in front of a table every now and then. Tasks like auto-woodcutting to meet a quota of wood, auto taming, butchering and training of animals to reach the defined quota, auto forage to meet a certain amount of food, etc.
It's pretty great for large colonies.

There's Call of Chuthulu that is pretty neat so you can have your cult and see weird monsters all the time.
If you want even more of the same, there's a Warhammer mod that includes Tau, Eldar, Orcs and other things as well as psychic abilities, dropships and altars to worship the Emprah or the Ruinous Powers.

There's Psychology and Hospitality but I dunno if they have been updated yet for A17. The first one gives a lot more variety to the behaviour of your colonists and the second makes dealing with other factions more interesting.

Expanded Prosthetics and Operations lets you craft protheses and eventually make your very own Robocop\Adam Jensen.
There's a mod made by an user here about pregnancy and children, pretty sweet mod.
There's another about Hygiene where you start with buckets and latrines but eventually can make proper restrooms with water filtration.

Aside from that, Mai Robots for automation and the roller mod too.
If you want more farm stuff, Vegetable Garden is pretty neat for food variety.
Aparello is great for a lot of different armor.

Also, mandatory fixes like Maintenance, a mod that changes a random event that breaks\explodes your shit to a system where things need to be maintained from time to time.
There's anoter mod about Pests that changes the Blight Event to spawn bugs that eat your plants but you can kill.
If Surgery is too bullshit for you, there's several mods to fix that and change how it works.

There's also Rimjobworld, a mod up in LoversLab (previously in Nexus until the mods figured out it had rape in it) but from my testing, it's buggy as fuck and colonists will just be sexually frustrated the whole time because they are too busy not dying to chat with girls.

a man's ayynass

are you playing on super babby mode or did boomrat packs get scaled down
in A16 on I think Intense I had a pack of either 32 or 36 rats vs 4 colonists in early game

Children & Pregnancy v0.2C is very stable but I'll be refining breast feeding and adding tutoring and skillbooks to the mod (since newborns start at zero skill for everything), so that's bound to create a few bugs since I'm not a real programmer.

Yeah, there are a decent number of good mods available for A17- almost all of the "big" ones are. Some of my favourites:

Prepare Carefully - Fully customize your pawns on game start
FashionRimsta - Apparel for different jobs, military fatigue, cook uniform, scrubs etc.
Simple Sidearms - Carry more than one weapon, balancing up to the player in mod settings
Fences & Floors - Adds fences and adds more floor types
More Vanilla Turrets - Expands the available turrets in a vanilla friendly way
RimFridge - Adds little 1 or 2 square coolers that act like an Equipment Rack but keep their contents cold
Nackblad inc Rimhair - Lots of cool new hairstyles. Unfortunately beards disappear when wearing a hat- I actually made a mod to fix this in A16 (Simple Beard Framework) but haven't updated it yet.

Does anyone else play Rimworld just as a farming sim?

I normally do. A cannibal one.

Basic generators are decent. You just need to have wood.

Is there seriously still no way to limit the quantity of items in a stockpile?

Do you guys know if slaves are going to be a thing in the game? to do something with your prisoners besides using them as organ banks, cattle or just air wasters.

rimjobworld lets you use them as sex slaves

Without pregnancy that is empty. Besides, there are better games to masturbate with.

So far, the game as been damn brutal on my ass but i've managed to keep my base running for almost 10 years.

I've bombarded the game with tons of mods in order to get amazing weapons, armor and better defenses, but i need more time to invest in it and a lot of steel to make reinforced concrete and build bunkers.

So far, i lost 3 colonists and a few of them are on the way to become cyborgs. I need to get brain chips and make more synthetic organs

The problem with this game is that I can't help but cheat. Is just too tempting.

Yep, some of the things i'm doing feel like cheating, like making synthetic livers and hearts to prevent my colonists from dying of heart attack or a carcinoma, making LasGuns or Bolters, which are incredibly powerful or making fuses to prevent electric explosions.

But there are also a lot of mods that give much needed things, like the refrigerator mod, agriculture revamp or furniture mods.

It's because the game feels so unfair, it doesn't provide proper ways to deal with disasters no matter how good you are at the game.

Electric wires can just decide to explode and set everything on fire. It's not that you forgot to maintain them, it's not that they were placed in a bad location, it's just RNG saying "fuck you" for no reason.

There's no way to valid way to counter boomalopes/boomrats if they're in bigger packs than you have guns for, there's no way to kill centipedes without also getting fucked yourself and there's no way to stop them from invading you, blight can't be reduced or prevented or even contained, people can go on autistic rampages for no other reason than something out of your control (i.e. getting rejected by someone or insulting each other or psychic drones or illnesses)…

Isn't that the point of being Dwarf Fortress-like? trying to surprass the unfairness.

The thing is that I'm just a faggot who abuse the Debug mode and the Prepare Carefully mod.

At least mods can help you with all of that. The RNG wants to fuck you with an exploding wire? Have fuses that eat up the energy and nullify the explosion.

Having problem with big packs of manhunting animals? Install mounted guns that have massinve amounts of firepower. The mechanoids are fucking your ass without lube? Have some reinforced concrete walls with embrasures from where you can shoot them with a 99% cover, making the chance of them hitting you as low as black parenthood. And if you think that's not enough, get some heavy bolter emplacements, which are pretty much grenade machineguns.

Mods truly help with most of the game's bullshit, even if they they require incredible amounts of resource investments. If you want to have a good chance of making it through, get mods

To me the appeal is the challenge, being in this cruel and unforgiving world where danger can come from any direction and you can die very easily, struggling to deal with it and slowly gaining the tools to fight back. The world was your master but now you're the master of the world.

There's nothing in Rimworld that couldn't be made more fair without removing it entirely or nerfing the danger. I already gave an example for the electric wires; increase the chance of explosion depending on how maintained the wires are. You'd have to assign a constructor to maintain them regularly or else they wear down and may explode.

How many alien race mods are out besides the cat people, the Mass Effect Asari and the Star Gate Jaffar?

The only hard thing is that there is no compatibility of bodyparts between races.

I wish they implemented 40K race mods.
I want a rowdy colony of greenskins

why
i just want to make an impenetrable tower

I know of fox people if you're a fucking furry and then elder things are one of the Rim of Madness/Call of Cthulhu submods and the only ones I've played with.
Pros:
Cons:
Neutral:
Fun to have one in a normal colony. Haven't tried an elder thing-centric one (there's a game start preset with 3 elder things and 1 human colonist to haul/clean).

That sounds fun, but I tried to use that mod once and broke my game.

It is interesting that the lovecraftian mods are the best mods arround regarding content. How is the Lovecraft storyteller? better than classic? I just want a storyteller that gives me interesting events and doesn't focus in one faction.

Its realism, bitch. Sadism at most. Also, pregnancy takes ages, and rising a child pawn even more. I don't know you, but my colonies don't last more than a couple of years AT MOST.

There is SCIENCE! to turn fetuses or recently birthed babies into young adults.

Anyway, tell me more about rimjobworld. Can you attach slaves to chairs so they are forced to lick your ass for eternity?

Nah.
Modern studies show otherwise. They’re just as degenerate now and always have been. Do you know what faggotry IS?

Atm it's like Cassandra on crack. Get hit with three hostile events at once then get 4 cargo drops, a pack of huskies and three self-tames. Pretty wild but not really Lovecraft-y.
Mod creator says it's what he's currently reworking and plans to make it unique. I think he said something about buildup into big horror raids.

Oh cool, I hope he rework the typewritter to and let you make books and maybe a library with maddening rambling.

You can do anything you want with those dubs.

When will colonists be able to have children?
animals can do it, so why can't they?
Did it get added somewhere and i didn't notice?
it's so werid that i can't make more babies and throw them in a line as bait for wargs and bears

Some user made a baby having mod

where it be?
I had one colony that actually was thriving, and two married couples, although one of them was a man and his brain damaged waifu who was deaf and mute so i'm not sure if that's a relationship

If this user is telling the truth, he should be the mod author

She must've been amazing in bed.

she had no opinion of him either way
i don't think she could do any social skills either
she was just brain dead in the frontal lobe, so she was essentially just a fuck doll that could work

It was a bit underwhelming, to be fair. There is a new sex need that can be covere automatically by maturbation, lovers and sex slaves.

Everybody rapes the sex slaves, even women and animals (zoophilia can be turned off). They get massive mood penalties and little bruises.

Thats pretty much it, to be fair. Some new traits and some need diseases.

Also, shooting off genitals is always funny.

6/10

Improvement respect the core game. Far from really adding depth. In development. There is also bondage gear, but I did not try it out yet. It seems convoluted and far from adding anything except disguising your sex slave.

Also, you can't have an actual colonist do sexual jobs. It bothers me.

I didin't make a male sex slave, but I am expecting him to be raped by hetero males. That might be the reason I did not yet

loverslab.com/topic/73498-rimworld-sex-mod-rimjobworld-rjw/

how do i survive a heatstroke with cavemen?
i just started the game on randy, people haven't even finished reasearching stonecutting yet and already there's a heatstroke
everyone died since passive coolers are shit

lrn2temperaturecontrol

Make a small room and add a passive cooler or two. If your room is too big it's harder to cool down.

Whenever the situation becomes too dire you can always pack up and run. Stuff like heat waves and toxic fallout don't affect adjacent tiles.

huh, did not know that
if only water/shade actually did anything in the game

You gonna mod it in yourself and give it to tynan to incorporate into base game.
This is how things done this days.

Hehe silly modder goys, give us your mods.

More like…
RIMJOB AM I RIGHT!?

What the dev is suggesting seems like a good idea but also seems like it can go bad so very quickly

Just build the passive cooler like said, fgt. A cheap, disposable item exists for the sole purpose of saving tribes from heat waves, so use it. Also keep in mind that they're wood-intensive and choose your map accordingly. Tribes in a high-temp, low-wood map like a desert will still have a real hard time with heat waves.

Into the hurt locker it goes.

Isnt there a random chance for taken people to appear as raiders in future attacks?

How so, homo? Are you saying they should have had heterosexuals report on homosexual behavior? Are you implying that AIDs didn't exist in the 80s?

Your post is intellectual word-salad and you are a moron and a fag.

Sometimes the randomized stats are super retarded.

To be fair I haven't seen a mod from the forums get integrated wholesale into the base game yet. Some mods have been made obsolete by similar but vastly more refined versions of the same thing: there was a mod in the works back in A15 for sending out caravans but it had no world map; Crafting Hysteresis was integrated in A17 but rewitten. There was a simple mod that allowed you to close vents and the same functionality has been added. So what's actually happening is Tynan is getting less experienced ideaguys to generate good ideas which then may or may not be redone by the devs depending on community feedback.

Also, there was a Russian modder making a mindblowing mod for A16 that allowed you to build your own spaceship and fucking fly with it across the planet. Last month he went MIA saying he was going to be arrested for political reasons. The source code is still available but Jesus Christ.
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30082.0

These random wanderers are becoming a joke.

those must be the richest niggaz in africa

thanks randy

The whole "incapable of" system is beyond infuriating. It really ought to just give them a mood debuff for doing "hated work".

What's so bad about this?

Modders are going to make mods either way, what's wrong with getting recognition and having it included in the base game?
This only means my mod will be used and seen by even more people.

you autists need to calm down. this is a niche hobbiest's community, not AAA megabux.

but randy the idiot pacifist ruining everything is poetic

As jewish as this is, I would probably do something similar in my game.

The main problem I have with it is that he's using other people's work to profit himself. He's not taking the idea, he's taking the mod itself.

If someone modded my game and people love the mod and I also thought it was a good idea, I'd want to add it to the official version too. I would write it from scratch myself though and tweak it to suit my style, and probably help the modder get familiar with that code in case they want to change their mod into an extension of the now official features.

Kill thy self.

Read the rest of the post next time.

No, kike. kys

So… where's the link?

Nevermind, got it.

And that was the first winter of this colony! Fun!
Can't wait for the next.

On the note of keeping a 28 man stump dungeon for chinese organ trafficking.

How do you assign prisioners to the right cell?
I usually have trouble with this.

he's right though

When everyone is in the barrack, cancel the jail designation on the barrack so that only the recruitment villa is available, then prioritize on capturing those you want. Once someone's nabbed them and started moving to the cells, you switch prisoner designation back on and have the rest of the fort capture everyone else again. A roundabout way I know but it werks.

Bam

So I'm at that point again where I'm overflowing with resources.
One of my colonists Got 5/10 brain scarring. Installing an AI Persona Core seemed like a good idea (Expanded Prosthetics mod).
She's constantly losing her shit, going into dazes and berserk rages. Does this escalate into something?

Yeah, winters can be rash. I ended up eating the colony harem, the prisioner I wanted to recuit, the just recuited guy that had lost a leg and some of the dogs. Second winter.

Hard times. I really need to get a good plantation going.

One time I had an extended winter, I basically roofed up the essential farming area, brought out the sunlamps and heaters and pray to god I get sunlight so my batteries can be charged. All the while my settlers don't use any electricity except for heaters. That'll teach me not to into hydroponics asap.

fug

1% recruit chance isn't that rare tbh. I had a trigger happy vat grown space marine (The perfect build for a shielded minigunner for holding chokepoints) with really good stats I really wanted to recruit and that took me about 2 weeks to do.

I'm fucking spooked.

There is no need to be unsettled. It just (((pure coincidence))).

God damnit.

Maybe autistic thrumbos are easier to tame.

There's something sort of endearing about a dopey autistic Thrumbo

I have an easier time in winter biomes than in hot biomes. Mostly because I like to play as Tribesman so getting electricity and cooling takes at least a year.

Also Medieval mod is a must tbh.

The guy's job is a bodyguard, I think he's too cool to be useless as a blind sniper.

Bam

So I found the release version of a17 off the share thread, does anybody have an upload of the updated version? I imagine it's not a big difference but I'm autistic about wanting the latest bugfixes.

Anyone got an evaluation on how practically effective the new chain shotgun is?

Kind of want to start up an A17 mountain-colony, & assuming the new shotgun isn't shit, it sounds like it could be really good for infestation control, letting me create a maximum /c o m f y/ base. Haven't touched A17 yet.

Just don't want to get invested into such a colony only to find out the new shotgun is a meme.

A raider just Wounded Knee'd the fuck out of my brand new tribals with a poor quality one.

10/10 would colonize the new world with

It's not human anymore

IIRC there's one tranny backstory somewhere but the pawn's skills and limitations are so fucking useless you'll probably never keep it around long enough to find out

I swear that every colonist I get has at least one trait like that. Ruining them I mean, not tranny.

They really need to make it so that in vanilla, you can vet wandering travelers before they join you. You would think there'd be a "who goes there" before they join the colony.

Pic related. That entire colony only had ~3 good colonists. Everyone else was either on a hair-trigger or had some significant fuck-up about them. I mean, look at this guy.

sometimes I wish I could view the drama going on in other settlements

what a badass sniper

Haven't played since A14, any mandatory mods I should grab before I jump into A17?

You'll need HugsLib for most new mods:

These are the one I use that make the game better without strictly changing vanilla's design
> Vanilla Friendly Weapon Expansion ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31526.0
> A Dog Said ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29310.0
> Improved Surgery ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24975.0
> Cheaper Components ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19068.0
> Chemical Extraction and Neutroamine Crafting ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26108.0
> DESurgeries ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22120.0
> EDB Prepare Carefully ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0
> FashionRimsta ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24432.0
> More Vanilla Turrets ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9521.0
> RBSE Lite Edition ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28731.0
> RT Solar Flare Shield & Fuse ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11272.0
> Simple Sidearms ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32497.0

Thanks, user. Grabbed all of those. Time to start a colony and get assfucked by bad luck

Just finished the initial release of my slavery mod. Back to working on Children & Pregnancy then I guess.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33631.0

Gross, yet inevitable.

cool

pretty awesome, I hope they give water a purpose soon enough
anyone can share this version for Linux? feeling like scratching that itch

did they redo that depending library that also added a bunch of improvements?

That's shia le'bouf user.

Yeah, HugsLib is basically the new CCL. The problem that CCL had was that it grew too big and couldn't be updated by the people maintaining it. HugsLib appeared late into A15 and only has a small number of common features, most of which don't have to do with game mechanics, unlike CCL. It also integrated the awesome C# Code Injection Library named Harmony which was developed by a RimWorld player. The way Harmony works is C# generic, so it doesn't even need to be maintained with each RimWorld Update.

That said, CCL's guts are still very much floating around in different mods. I picked out a decent number of files from CCL for my children mod for example.

Just kill yourself you emotional wreck of a normalfag

Should have been "how certain people were playing the game."

For those who want to see what I am talking about look at the user Thirite's posts. A literal fucking moralfag getting upset at how pixels interact in a videogame. Even Holla Forums can draw the line at fiction, you are just a hyperautist my dude.
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30938.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31119.0

awesome, some of the most necessary mods, I remember the one that toggles power automatically within work stations, shit was the best
also that one that featured better vents and thermal mechanics, are these working?

I just hope they don't do whatever they have on their hand to break the Prepare Carefully mod.

today bullying was a force for good

Undress everyone and keep them indoors as much as possible. Order doors to be left open at night, and kept closed during the day. This will help rooms stay slightly cooler.

Pardon to be the autist here, but this is the EXACT same shit as what happened in minecraft modding scene a few years back. The massive autist known as GregoriousT, who made one of the grindiest mods to exist, put code in his mod that hard-crashed the game if it detected Tinker's Construct, with the author of which he had some disagreements or somesuch. Modders are often huge attention whores and power-trippers.

All this game needs are z-levels, physics mechanisms like air pressure, fluid pressure, temperature radiation/convection, and mechanical things like draw bridges, anti-air batteries (to shoot down incoming drop-pods) and maybe cruise missiles and tactical nukes (for those massive 30+ member raider armies that show up on the very edge of a gargantuan map and build a fucking fortress.)

Problem is, your "all it needs" list would require a pretty thorough rewrite of the whole game. I don't disagree with it, but don't expect it any time soon.

I don't expect it ever, honestly. It's just a list of dreams.
The game's good enough on its own, I just wish that it could someday become excellent.

I think that it could compensate for these shortcomings if they ever polish the overworld gameplay, with possibility of simultaneous colonies and complex interactions between them. Set up a steel and plasteel mining settlement in the ice sheets, bring over the mining results with caravans, send food and fuel with return trips. I would fucking kill for gameplay like this, with regional scarcity and proper management.

You poor, poor soul

doesn't work for me
don't have any other mods installed
i tried starting a new colony but unless i garrison my people and manually order them to do shit, they wouldn't do any kind of work

If you are well prepared you can feed off raids. The thing is that you'll have so much flesh and human skin you won't know what to do with it.

Oh shit, this is the infamous pissy fit I read about?

I heard that someone got anally pained and put DRM in their mod, but I didn't know it was for RimWorld, let alone someone who would post here.

Like I said on the forums, I did it for laughs to upset 4cuck pedos. I wasn't trying to be a moralfag. It was clearly a bad idea looking back because while cuckchan was behind the mod it got a lot more use than I suspected; I figured a dozen /vg/ users would have their game hang and that would be the end of it. Evidently not.

user really

All was going well until the Traitor Legion appeared now everything is going better due to the assload of steel, plasteel, and components I got from all those drones.

Rimworld has inspired me to give rimjobs to people IRL. How much do you think i should charge for rimjobs?

Bout three fiddy

so where the fucking Linux link?
back in a day someone always released everything together, I think before the steam release came
aw fuck, might as well but it, this game already gave me enough enjoyment anyway

Honestly, I don't know why the population is so small in the game. It really doesn't make sense to me and I think the game would be a shitload more fun if you had a few times more people.

Reminder the non-Steam version is superior and doesn't line the pockets of the eternal kike.

That said someone uploaded A17 1546 to the share thread. Most recent is 1557 but I think it's just a minor bugfix update

Enslaving and executing children is fine, but raping one is where you draw the line, and in fact this is where you will be as intrusive autistic fuckface piece of crap as to break shit for other people. In a fucking videogame.

Just kill yourself.

What are you niggers talking about?

Stay mad, degenerate

He intentionally made the children mod crash the game if it finds the rape mod is also running.

You've already been force fed shit down your throat to the brim on the forums and have already recieved substantial portion of it on Holla Forums, and you still want some more? Fucking autist. I don't even play rimworld, just came to tell you are a despicable subhuman filth, probably a jew too.

Hahaha are you this guy? You seem very upset friend
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33606.msg343027#msg343027

I said I don't play rimworld you dickweed. That by extension means that I don't visit rimworld forums and don't participate in rimworld threads.

Even a quick glance at the three links provided reveals that people are disgusted of you and your reprehensible actions. Make no mistake, that's not a badge of honor and is nothing to brag home about.

Right, you need HugsLib to run it. I probably should have mentioned that.
You can get it here:

Based motherfucker, pedos BTFO.

niggers tongue my anus

This.
Rape, even in videogames, is never acceptable.

If your mod intentionally breaks other mods, you're a scum of earth worse than people who make paid mods.

Stop misquoting me nigger, pedos are mentally ill

So… what does the enslaving mod do? Does it let you have cheap labour?

Not really interested in the Loverslab mod for a game like this if it doesn't have pregnancy.

No.
If he wasn't a fag he'd just disable children from being able to be raped.
Breaking mods for moral reasons is "green mohawk and ear-gauges" level SJW faggotry

Where's the WALL?

Holy shit, this is literally SJW-tier faggotry right there. It's like that Nier mod that crashed your game if it found you bypassing Denuvo or if you were on the mod-maker's blacklist

Hey im gonna give this game ago again. I played it for 60 hours, but havn't booted it up in maybe a year or so. A few alphas ago 14 or 15 I think.

Anyway I never played with mods then, any "this mod simply makes the game better 100%" I should try?
So far I got
Efficient light
Rimfridge
Hand me that brick
More furniture

Thanks fags.

added the advanced organs/bionics thing too since that seemed cool.

Are they ever planning on adding zlevels to this? It's the one thing that makes me not give a fuck about it compared to DF.

To me, the game seems like it'll try going wide rather than deep. There is no attempt to add depth levels, but the stage seems to be getting set to manage multiple maps

Have you considered that maybe not all people who use both children mod and rape mod will use this combination exclusively for child rape? Have it not crossed your mind that maybe most people would want to simply have non-consenting adults sexually assaulting one another and simultaneously have children running around? Have you thought that some people may want to role play one of their characters being a sick in the head child rapist?

The reason why people use mods is because they don't want their experience to be limited by the saying of some faggots in california of what they can and cannot do in the game. You know you failed as a human being if the thing you create does the opposite of ONE JOB it's supposed to do.

alright, i got it working
caught a prisoner, enslaved
minor complaint though
the prisoner works for a while, then she stops and just stays in her cell. after a while she starts working again
but when she stops working she loses her work priorities, and everytime she comes back i have to set them all over again

No. z-levels will never happen for this game because Tynan is an idiot. People will defend his choice because they too are idiots.

Why would you even attempt to sell a shittier version of a free game?

Because you make money even if it's shittier.

this is by far the best post in this entire thread
step it up you cuddly candyasses

I can fix the work priorities easily enough, I think. When they go back to their cell, that's supposed to be after a failed escape (when you catch them and being them back). I'm guessing that's not the case.

see

is there any way i can change my tech level?
started out as a tribe, i've researched the first 5 things but i'm still neolithic

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22598.0

It was clearly a bad idea looking back. As I said, the "plan" was to just fuck with some fags from cuckchan /vg/. With that said I'm 90% certain the people sperging out about it are the furries I caused extreme butthurt with on the forums because I publicly called them degenerate fetishists a few months back. They've been howling for my blood ever since.

user, I've been trying to avoid getting in this argument so I'll just say this. It's your mod if you don't want it to work with the other mod okay, If you want it to be compatible with the other mod then you do it, but what you should never do is have someone force you to change your mod unless you want too.

My code to make the game hang was laughably easy to bypass; keeping it there would be pointless and trying to make it forcibly incompatible with future versions would be an incredibly autismal "war" that would just take time away from me making the actual fucking mod. It's not a case of "personal integrity", it's a case of not acting like more of a faggot than I already have. I shit on the /vg/ faggots, but it also affected a number of people that were totally unintended. That's being a faggot. And I don't plan to continue doing that.

Well okay then user, as long as it was your decision

Get fucked, faggot.

another issue, once they've stopped working, they're technically prisoners, so they need prisoner beds
but when they are working they need colonist beds
unless i constantly switch them, i'd need multiple beds for this
might want to fix that
and it would be ideal for there to still be a recruitment option for later rather than just releasing them

Didn't mean to trigger you user

Yeah, I plan to make them have a good chance of joining your faction if you release them under certain circumstances- if their willpower is broken, if they made friends while a slave etc. Stockholm Syndrome or something, right. With almost all pawns (except ones with the Traits Steadfast or Iron willed) you'll be able to see that their willpower is broken when their Enslaved thought gives them a positive mood- "Safe and sound with master +5". It's also worth mentioning that pawns who are Neurotic, very Neurotic, or Wimps, are increasingly easy to break (in that order). Pawns who are Iron Willed will never break, even when their willpower is at rock bottom.

Jesus christ, this post reeks of reddit. No, even worse, this is a kind of "you're my special little snowflake" shit that coddling parents tell their kids.

How is she calling me?

Well, I never downloaded the rape mod, but from what I heard, it's more like a forced prostitution, were you take your prisoner and have people raping them to satisfy the new sex stat. In other words, the rape is completely voluntary, you could have rape and pedo sickos in your team, but their desires is only satisfied when you press the button. If it was something also spontaneous and random it would be more natural, another weird vice that the player must confront in order to survive, the thing could happen in a mental break or in the thrill of a raid battle, that would give it a considerate amount of drama, like rescuing your son who was kidnapped and serial raped by bandits or having pawn randomly raping someone at the mines when it felt like it, but to my knowledge this doesn't exists. Forced prostitution with children is blatantly pedo-enabling.

so what?you do know its just a game right?

oh hey it released 5 days ago
patreon.com/posts/11681869
neat

Yes, I know it's just pixels, but it attracts pedos, and I hate pedos, but yea, I don't like "censorship" either.

Bitch please, you don't have to want to fuck children to have such a mod - in fact, I'd say if you use a child rape mod, you probably hate children with a passion.

Thank you for keeping this Christian imageboard free from salacious inequity hotpockets ;_;7

I know what you meant, but dear God that phrase sound so wrong

besides that, anyone heard about the redist heat mod?

It's not censorship. If a program scans for unrelated software and sabotages performance if it finds something the programmer disagrees with, it's called malware.

Well shit, I can now boil my colonist and they'll be just fine. I think it's time to shut off all cooling and heating. I'm making all my clothes from wool from now on.

I wasted a lot of time before I realized how beneficial cowboy hats were
they're cheap and quick to produce and don't have any downsides
also I was try to tame meme animals that were difficult instead of alpacas or muffalo
in addition to suddenly not-dying of heat stroke wool dusters seem to help a lot when facing incendiary launchers
I have my outfits set up for leather shirts and pants, although I'm not sure if the few % of damage vs sharp and blunt really matters

Rare types of leathers like thrombofur is worth the sacrifice of not wool everything since it gives a shit ton of armor you can wear underneath your power armor.

look at this meme

you know what to do, user.
they will just keep coming, and your colony will die because the last person not incapacitated will be some sjw who cant put out the fire, fight or treat the rest of your guys.
just do it.

she can firefight and fight she is actually useful since i needed a researcher

yeah, a bit op if I'm honest,
but what I do is leather for duster and hats, because of muh role-play
they op either way

it's the sheriff back story that gradually makes them useless
however that is one sweet science soldier, fellow huelander

First time waking some group from cryptosleep the motherfuckers woke up vomiting everywhere and shooting everything on sight, they hunted both of my last pawns to death and not satisfied proceeded to melee my house down, one of them went full retarded and melee a boomrat and got downed, the explosion wasn't fatal but she starved to death due to the completely negligence of the rest of the party, the rest proceeded to keeping destroying everything they could see until they passed out because tiredness, and they never woke up because they never bothered eating my stocked food and starved to death. I've never seen such behavior in the game, but I'm pretty new.

I can only suspect of a collective mental breakdown due to cryptosleep sickness, but their needs weren't so lacking, and their mental health, I wonder what the fuck happened, try to imagine to imagine a fat motherfucker banging his head to the wall until passing out and staying there forever.

Only retarded normalfags concerned with MUH DIK and rimjobbing any AIDS shithole that moves would download the rape mod anyway. Nothing of value was lost.

Oh god you actually landed a landwhale. This is why I have unoccupied rooms connected to the ductwork of -20 freezers. If they're shit, they get freezed

PLEASE

To be fair, other companies have done the same thing like Mojang, but without asking and without offering any recognition.

There's your solution. Eat them.

Which mod is that?
The only warhammer mod I found doesn't work on the most recent version of the game.

>>>/reddit/
None of this coddling shit. While I'm laughing my ass off at the butthurt pedos, what you said was so fucking gay it stopped my laughter.

Also tips about coldsnaps for pre-electric anons.

This also highlights why planning your fields is important. The biggest you can get away with is 12x12 tiles with 4 walls on the outside to build your roof on. Any larger and you'll need a central support wall.

So… how did Rimworld turned into the best lovecraftian simulator?

what the fuck, how was -25 not winter

Fucking masterpiece of a show, thanks for reminding me of this I will now download every episode available.

It's listed as Astra Militarum and in about 4 seperate mods.

well fuck

save your doc

That will have to wait until everyone gets over gramps dying or a quarter of the fort's going down the depression spiral.

share thread is gone and new one doesnt have it wat do

rate confyness/10

I'm thinking in expanding four squares either side, or maybe another building separate (like a barn or something)
how manageable is to have very separate village-like buildings?

I have the perfect setup to carve a cave base with defensive position, and this farm house near the fertile land of the area

gas station/10
BUT WHERE ARE YOUR DEFENSES

Fucking hell, that makes me want more variety in location purpose. I want to be able to create a "gas station"–a comfy place that, because of what it offers, is visited by all of the available factions FAR MORE FREQUENTLY (every day) than other types of settlements. From this gas station you could then transfer the things you buy to your main settlement. Why have them separate? Because the pirate/raiders are going to go to the gas station more often, too.

its a mountain map, to the north is a wall of rubble
to the south a narrow river passing under a mountain, provides the perfect leverage for shooting
still too soon for anything too dangerous to come along, plus why I'm considering the cave bunker

Okay, mountains. If you can get a map with mountains covering up three sides, that's spectacular; you can be totally fucking safe. BUT. What happens if you start mining? If you begin to mine one of the mountains and mine all the way to the edge of the map, can caravans/wanderers/raiders come in from that square (I'm guessing 99.9% yes) or does the game recognize that there's more of the mountain on the other side (not rendered) and prevent it?

now that i think about it, i want vehicles
either to increase map speed or caravan speed

Fuck yes. We have roads now; there's no reason not to have vehicles. You should be able to create your OWN roads and have the game register them as such. Make roads between your multiple settlements across the map.

Fire hazard/10. I hope you don't get visited by your local fire safety authority.

its actually relatively safe, except for some goddamn disaster
I built a rock wall to the north and a river to the west, the other sides are mountain, so any fire can be safely cut off

please respond

finally cracked open the "ancient evil" chamber on my map, killed the insects and captured the people in the cryptosleep chambers
what am I supposed to do with this cunt? I think that the hyperweave t-shirt and pants she's wearing are more useful than she is

user, you know what to do…

and btw any porn/hentai related to rimwold lore?
thats all I can think when I see some of those back stories like sex clone

The extra food they cost is pretty worth it when they can haul produce into the freezer and they'll eat the simple meals you create on the floor then transport the rest of the stack into the freezer. Also they can survive on hay if times get desperate.

>was considering going full bionic then read steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/361798516951528733/#c350542145687491683
Interesting, bionics are glass cannons? Are there any other trade offs with going bionic?

they don't bleed?

slept like a baby

Less pain tradeoffs during combat since a bionic limb getting shot doesn't affect pain, just the manipulation. If you have a painstopper mod they will literally keep on fighting until they die.

new thread when?

We still have this one and is nice enouth.

what values would i modify to get rid of the gays

break the mirror

Oh god, the trained dogs and boars do chunk haul orders as well.

imgur.com/r/RimWorld/5TGVL

picture and link not at all related

New thread when

what are your shelves made out of?