I know this is a common trait for the series, but why is this game so horrendously overrated...

I know this is a common trait for the series, but why is this game so horrendously overrated? Why do reviewers still let so many things about this slide?

This is far from even being the best Zelda game.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/9v1tu
archive.is/Z85gZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why can't you let it go? I swear every time Zelda or BOTW is brought up it turns into a shitstorm of gays and assburgers. Why did you bring this avalanche of autism upon the board?

Reviewers are mostly fucking retards who

Because you're looking for ways to confirm your immediate dislike of it while people who "overrate" it just appreciate that something can be greater than the sum of its parts.

OP is a supreme totality of faggot.

(I've never played BotW, mind you, so his points might actually be valid, idk. His post just seems whiny and gay af).

So a shitshow full of turds isnt a shitstorm because rasins?

Nintendo probably paid em off

They don't have to. Reviewers are already scared of their minds for the wrath of the Nintendo fanboys.

Jesus christ this is the fucking tenth thread we've had on BOTW.
Let.
It.
Go.

Can i keep items from breaking in cemu?

Or we can finally settle this and explain the flaws without nintencucks going haywire and defending this trash of a game.

that'll never happen. Holla Forums is the breeding grounds for autism.

I was about to cuss you out because I thought this was another thread of the same autistic OP that acted like this game was fucking perfect and told every single critic that they didn't play the game. Why mark kept his posts undeleted is beyond me, as he's made the exact same fucking threads weeks prior.

hype wagon and casuals that didnt play through the game, pretty much>>12636507

That's because mark bought the Switch for Boy of the Wild. You think a Jew wouldn't defend its over the limit purchases?

OY GEVALT, THE GOYIM KNOW, SHUT IT DOWN

But I also bought a Switch for BotW, and I'm not shilling it. If anything I've been feeling let down about it

I'm a Jew too user
The Wii U left me disappointed, and I stopped after beating ganon
The Switch is going to be fucking worse, I bet
Are there any cheats for BoTW, I'll feel better fucking with the game that way

Brand loyalty, nostalgiafagging and developing gameplay according ro the trends with some gimmicks and a budget.
Same with Final Fantasy
Same with SFV
Same with Halo before the Bungie name was taken away

Its nothing but retarded faggots who fall for marketing.

How DAAAARE YOU. Zelda is the best open world game even though I've never played any other open world game!

Hundreds of Gamergate generals, 3DS homebrew threads, Persona and Dark Souls and The Sims and fighting game and Neptunia, VN, Fullderp, Paladins, Overwatch, TF2, Final Fantasy 14, WoW, "salt parties", Touhou, and Granblue Fantasy threads, and it's the tenth BOTW thread you pitch a bitchfit about?

This month?

Music is a step down from other Zelda titles, but it's still there and gives the game its own atmosphere. The first tune that comes to my head when I think of BoTW is the one that starts as soon as the rain clears up and you see a clear sky with the sun's light reflecting off of the wet blades of grass.

I'm not sure how much better it would have fared with more "composed" soundtracks and less ambience, considering they tend to be less soothing in Zelda titles. I remember in Twilight Princess I always hated Hyrule Field because it would play that extremely uncomfy theme song and it got on my nerves.

I do want dungeon themes back.
Nigger the barebones ass plot is probably one of the main things I like about the game. Not to mention the memories you get are just fine as far as writing goes. I never gave too many shits about them, but I DID collect all of them for 2 reasons: 1. Just to test my navigation skills 2. So I could get a more satisfying ending. The ending without the memories is blueballs as fuck
Some of the outdoor challenges where all you have to do is enter the shrine were great.
And don't act like Shrine Hunting isn't incentive enough to explore. It's a Zelda title, it's not designed around being an on-going radiant Betheshit RPG. There is a clear objective to the game.

In my playthrough, I turned off the map markers for the dungeons, and tried to find them myself. Then along the way I find shrines and points of interest until I finally spot a divine beast and look for a nearby village.
And it's the kind of shit you can't do in most other "open-world"shit games because they're ALWAYS designed with the assumption that you're going to be following a quest marker
This is true. The Hinoxes were actually pretty tough for me early on, but then as I got better gear, I was able to kill them before they even woke up. I have never killed a Lynel, mainly because I don't really see the point. I feel like Nintendo just knew that Lynels would spawn a bunch of shitty memes about how "le difficult" they are and just shoved them in there.
I haven't played the game since March 23rd, so I'll try to list them all on the top of my head
So, no, not much enemy variety. Not much visual variety either. Honestly, I love the weapon degradation system in BoTW my only complaint is that they don't show the exact percentage of your weapon's current condition, but I feel like it really kicked them in the balls as far as enemy design restrictions go. It meant that every enemy had to drop some kind of weapon otherwise they'd be a really bad investment for the player. I feel like they should have circumvented this by making armour deal more damage to your weapon's condition while attacking something like a plant does basically nothing.
And where the fuck are the Darknuts?
Most of the map is in close quarters so I never really noticed.
Only one that felt clunky was Stasis. And that was only because you had to position yourself at a really precise angle, otherwise the object would start flying diagonally and it'd get really annoying in certain shrines.
So??? Games reuse mechanics all the time. In fact, Zelda games are notorious for reusing the same damn puzzle over and over again in each dungeon. If anything, it felt like each shrine had its own gimmick.

If you're gonna complain about the shrines, complain about the visuals. I'd have like to seen some of the shrines be re-imagined into big ass temples or full-blown mini-dungeons, but instead they were reduced to little stubs in the ground with a blue interior.
The korok puzzles aren't a particular selling point of the game, anyway.

Overall, BoTW is tied up with TWW for my favorite 3D Zelda. There's a lot it gets wrong, but plenty it gets right as well. I see it more as a stepping stone for a superior sequel, given all the flaws that could be easily mended. Probably not the best Zelda, definitely not the worst, and certainly not a bad game at all.

Should probably mention, as well. Breath of the Wild was literally only a breath away from being a bad game. It managed to take a HUGE step towards "modernization," and due to a solid foundation they had to build off of to keep it a "Zelda" game, the game was not particularly hindered by this.
The last one was likely intentionally done so I don't see it being an issue in later titles. The first, two, however, feel like the developers don't even know how dangerously close they were to fucking it up. My big concern now is whether or not the developers are going to consciously avoid the deathtraps they almost fell down during BoTW, or go all-out and modernize it to an unrecognizable degree.

The prospect of a new Zelda game was one of the reasons I bought a WiiU. That being said I was pretty disappointed with the game. Especially fighting Ganon. When I fought him the first time I thought, "man, his second form better be better than this." It wasn't.

I enjoyed it. Didn't go for hundred percent completion and only played it once, but I liked it. Might play it again sometime. Valid complaints, but the fact that this is the only time weapon degradation wasn't completely retarded is impressive in my book. I mean, it still pissed me off, but the fact that I was saying "well, at least I can see why they would do that" made it better than Skyward Sword.

I dislike the game as well, but what makes BotW different from other Zelda or even open-world games is that it's a radical shift in design. Instead of designing systems based on mechanics it designs mechanics based on systems. Games have to be built up like pyramids, but most games first start out on mechanic design, then systems like enemies, puzzles, and other variables, and finally the world like level layouts and so on. BotW reverses the order by first establishing a world, then focusing on the variables and systems that would be a part of that world like fires, AI, rain, conductivity, physics, etc., and then it designs the mechanics around those systems, allowing for greater experimentation and abstract thinking.

Why are you on this site?

I'm a fan of the game but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't let down by the system abstraction. It was there, it was intricately deigned and highly appreciable, but it felt a little underused. Honestly, since Ocarina of Time, every Zelda game has had some kind of gimmick, and it felt like Breath of the Wild tried to have a gimmick but was too scared to rely on it.

When I saw the E3 demo, I was pretty impressed by the fact that they cut down a tree to make a bridge and put some flint and wood together to start a fire.

When I finally got my hands on the game, it turns out that the Plateau was LITERALLY the only place in the game that had puzzles even slightly remniscent of these. The hot areas can be overcome by wearing certain clothes or crafting certain potions. There are no areas you can't enter without a glider. Most physics puzzles involved just using stasis on boulders.
I wanted headscratchers that made me think outside the box, but BoTW seemed a little unable to embrace it's own identity.

I really like BoTW, but as far as puzzles are concerned, Wind Waker wins in the 3d department and Link's Awakening wins in the 2d department.

What? The only real music is at the very end of the game. The rest is shrine "waaaarrhhhhhgggg" noises, random children's piano plinking, completely forgettable ambient nothingness, and occasionally some of the worst, repetitive shit ever made, like what I've linked. The only thing of any value musically is the cooking music. I could have composed better music than what's in BotW except for the Hyrule castle music and I'm a programmer. And yet the legions of nintenyearolds will give it a pass.
It is in every way a step backwards from Twilight Princess and every character that originated in BotW is forgettable. The "it's so bad it's good" thing is transparently fandom speaking.
It fucking wasn't. There was nothing in any of the shrines of any value. Nintendo seemed to think a magic sword was a great incentive when those things were entirely garbage other than to cheese the temperature system. The gimp suit is the only thing that required searching for IIRC and it was useless as you get a 100% lightning proof item, and there's never a need for shock resistance anyway. Everything in the game is garbage other than Lynel gear which you can get very early in the game if you aren't terrible, even the master sword is better used to mine rocks and cut grass than fight with. Even Skyrim's dungeons were more interesting and valuable than this, and that's a very low bar.
The point is they have the only good gear in the game that doesn't break several times per enemy.
Why am I replying to a retard..

SO CLOSE. user.
(You) WERE /THIS/ CLOSE.

Whoa, what did he meme by this??

The Shrine theme was great and I didn't say BoTW's ambient music was good. I just said it's still music and still induces atmosphere. You'd have to be either a retard or an edge "Nintendoom" faggot to suggest otherwise. Take your pick, drone.
I think you missed the point. I prefer BoTW's approach because I'm tired of Zelda games prioritizing story over anything else. It felt like a huge "Fuck You" To the Tumblrwhales and Redditfags who want the Zelda franchise to "mature" into a "deep" and "meaningful" series.
I like the fact that BoTW does not put much effort into its story beyond just having 5 little sub-stories going on for a little incentive.
I'm sorry, I forgot that fun and stamina/heart upgrades are "no incentive" for exploration.

BoTW is not a direction-less game. It is a game with a primary objective: Infiltrate the Castle, Kill Ganon. Doing the shrines and Divine Beasts make this much easier, especially as a first-time player.
Yeah, but by the time you're even remotely ready to take them on, you're probably ready to hurry on ahead and beat the game. And at that point you seriously don't need much better equipment beyond a good set of hearts, armour upgrades, and the master sword.

Useless enemies.
Thanks for letting me know your main problem was a lack of gitgud, Knowing you, the only reason you went as far as calling Skyrim's dungeons better than BoTW's is because Skyrim is the absolute peak of your own ability, isn't it?
Yeah, I hear you, Reddit.

Don't. However you feel about LoZ:BoW, don't forget how much more overrated Skyrim is.
Fags like these don't know what is truly overrated.

It's no doubt disappointing and underused, but this development structure is something that I've been wanting to see for years in video games, and all the shilling by journos of BotW will hopefully have the side effect of popularizing this.

I'm completely serious - Skyrim was a much better game than BotW despite being an inch deep. BotW is even more shallow than that, with the vast majority of korok puzzles and shrine minibosses simply copypasted across the map literally hundreds of times over. It's absolutely shameless how much of BotW is copypaste to make it look way bigger than it is, and how rare anything unique is.

A Link to the Past is the best Zelda game. Fanboys for Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are kiddies that never played the classics.

I think LA holds together better because it's got less shit that's arbitrary.

I wouldn't say there's anything arbitrary about ALttP, but it does feel a little arbitrarily made in some senses.

Link's Awakening felt like it had more spirit behind the development. Not to mention I think it was the first game in the franchise to feature puzzles, and it did them really well because the puzzle relied on game mechanics as opposed to using item X at Y location.
Either way, LA is pretty good shit.

That doesn't really address my point does it?
And no, you don't "flirt" with men. See, now you're making shit up to fuel your own narrative. In fact, Link makes a look of disgust when he finds out the Gerudo woman is actually a man. Island gooks don't really give too many shits about gender politics or muh gay rights.

You don't need any of that shit. Stamina is pointless due to plentiful stamina food you can eat at any time, and Nintendo apparently realized it was so pointless that they had to put a hard requirement on getting hearts for the master sword to force you to bother with it. At no time did I feel rewarded for anything I did in BotW other than get Lynel gear, it just felt like grinding through low effort copypaste which is exactly what the game was.
You didn't even kill a Lynel you fucking gamefags nintoddler.

Someone obviously didn't explore the Gerudo area very well.

Because I play it like a damn Zelda game and not an RPG.
Are you talking about the sand-boots sidequest? You stupid fucking double nigger

He's right though.

They try to flirt with you but you don't flirt with them,

autism.jpg

Everything he said is absolutely correct. I think you have the autism.

No. You can call BoTW a shallow game, I'll disagree but I won't laugh at you. But suggesting that it's any more shallow than The Elder Scrolls V: "Kill this Draugr in this Crypt and fight this level scaled enemy" Skyrim is some hardcore fucking delusion.

The only thing that kept me playing was getting all the towers so I could unlock more of the map,
but after that I got fucking bored. Keep in mind I went out of my way to fucking grind shrines like a motherfucker to get the Master Sword,
get all the memories (which gave me a shit ending, but it was a little less shit than the no memory one), and kill CAWAMITITTY GANAHN DAH BIIIG BAD EVUL BAD GUY.

Then I got really fucking bored.

Its just a video game you loser.
lol.

It is less shallow than skyrim and skyrim is some fucking trash.

BotW has climbing and horseback going for it. That's it. BotW is utter fucking dogshit. If you don't think it's shallow and unfinished you haven't played many zelda games or open world games. It's sad because they have the proper framework for a fucking fantastic game but rushed it out and we got something akin to MGS5.

Also, the enemies were kinda shit.

Sure, they sound pretty diverse, but it gets really fucking boring really quickly since all of one type of enemy looks the same except with a new color and nothing else.
Not to mention, but the game world is fucking huge, and a lot of enemy typesturn into very few the bigger the game is

Also, one thing I fucking hated is that the enemies never really changed based on the region you were exploring. No enemies wore warm clothing in the tundra, just nothing but a shitty loin cloth. Also, the lizard fags? COLD BLOODED CREATURES THAT SOMEHOW SURVIVE IN THE ASS-KICKINGLY COLD TUNDRA, AND ON TOP OF COLD ASS MOUNTAINS. And all the enemies that you can kill with fire? Yeah, you can kick their asses with fire weapons but they can somehow survive Death-Mountain, which is covered is searing hot lava. Like, what the fuck, man?

Also, the stronger enemies that have more health only look different from others because all Nintendo did was retexture them. That's it. They don't wear cloths or armor, they just change color. It would be cool if they wore armor to make them have more health, or warm clothes in cold areas, or maybe some fire-proof clothes in death mountain. But no, they can survive any temperature without wearing anything, and only change color depending on their health.

What a boring shitshow.

meant to say more shallow but my points still stand

More enemy variety would be a huge improvement.

I hated how everywhere had lizalfos and the fire or ice variants were just one shot by the opposing arrow or weapon. Fucking stupid.

I think you all forget this is the dark souls of 10 year olds that is why even tough the game could be much better, it will never be because the little shits need to be able to enjoy it so they can ask dad for more nintendo stuff .

I could forgive the game for being easy, but not for the complete lack of

Magic in 3D Zeldas have been a let-down since Twilight Princess. I agree.
Sounds to me like you didn't actually play the game and you're just parroting what you hear on Holla Forums
If by World, you mean map, and by, "more detailed," you mean ""All these little small stories going on" then sure. But Breath of the Wild actually has unique, coherent challenges scattered throughout its overworld. Skyrim just has copy-pasted bandit camps and forts.
Literally just Bandit Bandit Wolf Draugr Bandit Bandit Draugr Draugr Draugr Dragon. Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot the skeleton.
Yeah, you're right. They aren't wet noodles in either games. Not sure where you're going with this. But Skyrim's weapons feel like pool noodles if that's what you meant.
The combat mechanics may be boring, but Zelda's main appeal has always been enemy AI patterns as opposed to combos. Which BoTW succeeds at. What you just said is true of every damn Zelda title. And you saying I haven't played many Zelda games?
Lol the only HP sponges are the Lynels. Go fight a fucking tiger in Skyrim and tell me there are no damage sponges.

Now I'm wondering if you even played Skyrim. The AI is retarded, and you can stand in broad daylight and not get detected. Stealth approach is challenging in Breath of the Wild but feasible if you aren't a complete retard.
Better writing, maybe, but the overall gameplay execution makes Breath of the Wild's quests more fun. I mean, a main pre-divine beast quest in BoTW will send you through a unique, well-designed dungeon, while in Skyrim you might get a unique variant of Draugr in a boring ass dungeon at best.
Not an argument against a series not centered around crafting.

Do you even know what most people mean when they say depth? Also, you still making a big deal about weapon degradation in a game where you can pick up a weapon from most enemies that you beat? Weapon Degradation made things like Dead Rising what it is. You think a game letting you butt fuck some viking by wearing a necklace somehow give a game more depth then not having a marriage system which is basically do one quest and live out your homo fantasy.

Nintendobabbies, will you ever learn?

Put 70 hours into it. Every shrine is identical in textures and very few are useful but just completely ignore my points.
Yeah all those korok mini games that a braindead child could complete. Also korok seeds are fucking useless over 200ish.
Literally just Moblin Moblin Bokoblin Lizalfos etc. etc. Skyrim dungeons have enemies based on tile set and BotW shrines have almsot none outside of guardians. The "dungeons" have those floating skulls and those eyes that spread calamity shit on the ground. Fucking dogshit enemy variety and skyrim definitely has more.
Weapons are usable beyond 10 hits.
Not Twilight princess, which has multiple combat techniques. Still better combat that BotW.
I already said you can get around the spongy enemies. Nice that you compeltely ignored what I said.
But it's true. Everyone fucking bitches about the lack of music when it was a focus in almsot every other 3D zelda.
Yeah you can level stealth to retard levels to be a master of it and stealth right in front of enemies.
Use stealth potion and clothes and it becomes a joke.
What gameplay execution? Dodge for QTE to get free kills? Use one of your useless tools to move a rock? Fucking trash tier.
Which lends even more weight to my argument because they fucking half assed it and didn't even fucking try. Is Nintendo paying you?

Is Bethesda paying you?

My complaint is that when you find a weapon you like, you can't just use it over and over which is a huge fucking flaw if they're going with the open world formula. The current weapon system in BotW is fucking dogshit. Either increase durability or add a smith in towns to repair shit.

I hate skyrim. It is objectively better than BotW.

>the open world formula.
You really are a Bethesdrone. Skyrim is for fags.

Why would anyone tell lie on the Internet? :^)

can you two at least start saging so you don't bump this thread with your ongoing argument alone?

Get bumped, faggot.

It's funny, the movie is completely different from the title.
The movie actual focuses and niggers and the entire messages is "Hey niggers! Act like normal fucking people for once and do your research." Surprisingly good movie, worth a pirate.
Unsure about the SHOW though.

I enjoy watching the botw shill barely staying afloat over the claims Skyrim is better, he also oddly responds in a very similar manner to another guy shilling zelda in past threads who went on for about 50 posts about how it was the greatest game.

Didn't get everyone lapping up your cockjuice in the previous thread? Don't worry, you can't make another one tomorrow as well.

There are as many "outdoor shrines" to BoTW's indoor shrines as there are "imperial dungeons" to Skyrim's "Draugr Catacombs". You're trying to make the argument that BoTW is more shallow than Skyrim.
They stop being useful at about 25, really. I'm talking about the outdoor shrines and riddles. Breath of the Wild has everything it needs in its overworld to be a Zelda title.
And they all have better AI patterns than any of Skyrim's enemies.
Sure, if you count recycled AI patterns and creatures like Bears and Tigers.
Hyperbole
That's only 1 exception and the combos in Twilight Princess were criminally underused.
Then why are you complaining about them in the first place?
The music is a downgrade from other Zelda titles, but it is still there. And it sounds better than the unfitting tracks you hear in Skyrim. I can't tell you how many times I walked around Whiterun and got annoyed by the sounds of women wailing in my ears really loudly as if I was stumbling upon some mystic creation. No, I'm just walking around Whiterun. Fuck off.
I thought you were trying to DEFEND Skyrim here. :^)
How about actually fucking doing something as opposed to talking to a sequence of 10 different NPC's before embarking on some boring ass crypt?
You're saying it lends more weight to your argument because they didn't put all their efforts into a minor feature of the gameplay?

Actually, the weapon durability system is the best thing they could have done for an open world game. It motivates exploration and encourages you to be on the lookout for new gear. In fact, the game started getting boring for me by the time I got the Master Sword because I had less reason to explore since I had a weapon that basically lasted forever.

You didn't explain why Skyrim is the better. Game, you just explained why it better qualifies as an RPG. BoTW has zero pretensions of being an RPG, unlike Skyrim.

You stupid nigger, if you read the thread, you'd know I've been criticizing BoTW enough as it is. If you think it is worse or more shallow than Skyrim, you are just plain retarded. Period.

Haha! no.
archive.is/9v1tu

Played the weakest gamefags argument when he's 100% correct. The shrines are tiny portal-style challenges in boring portal-style copypaste environments but unlike portal, almost none are interesting or challenging and are an inch deep. Golf is the only difficult one and it's only difficult because it involves coming up with an exploit to overcome the incredibly shit controls.
Lynels are not sponges if you fight them correctly, which you haven't as you've already told us you were too casual to fight any of them yet still think your opinions on a game you didn't fully play matter. They are the only enemy in BotW where patterns matter, the rest are filler.
There are no damage sponges in Skyrim unless you're hopelessly retarded. It's trivial to massively outscale the game with even the most basic of problem solving skills - a frequent complaint about the game. See video. Sorry to hear you couldn't figure this out. Maybe this is why you find BotW challenging.
Stealth approach is tedious, you mean. You walk slow, that's it. There's no reason to bother with it other than when forced to.
Is that going to be your excuse as to why it's such a shit open world game, too?

The one who came up with blackface in the movie was a black kid himself though. It was his party. This movie is more about settling your differences, and trying to see eye to eye, rather than let's say…"FUCK WHITEY!!" Though, I do agree "Muh trayboon" quote being dumb as fuck. The movie is center-left at best.
We need a movie called "Dear Black People", that shows how redundant and useless BLM is and how niggers have done more damage to the economy, and society, that any whites have done in the history of the USA, and maybe the world. Not to mention the "toxic" rap culture that feminists keep their ears plugged for. Also, the lack of coverage of when a white man gets killed by a black man by the (((Media))). There are a lot of valid things by both sides, and I will certainly agree with you that the right has a stronger, albeit more uncomfortable argument about blacks, rather than the other way around. The fact that something like a movie about that has not existed, is a damn tragedy

Still more to be said than Skyrim's """dungeons""".
Oh, you're that one faggot I was talking to earlier who was trying to play Breath like a fucking RPG, right? Nice of you to drop back in. Listen, as I told you before, I have no reason to kill a Lynel because it has nothing to do with beating the game. Breath of the Wild is an objective-based game.
Being hopelessly retarded doesn't have anything to do with the game's stats. There are damage sponges in Skyrim, plenty of them if you're playing at any difficulty level higher than "apprentice", and your character is below level 19.
Git gud.
A non-argument in response to a prompt about a non-argument. Beautiful, I just love how Bethesdrones seem so capable of articulating their retardation in such a sophisticate manner.

Feels good man. Give me some fucking Darknuts nintendo

I liked it. I think it had good atmosphere, and it's one of the comfiest games to be released recently.

You have no place telling people what makes a good game if you use shit games as measuring sticks.

I'm not watching the movie to find out. Buckley's response to this comic shows a problem in interpreting author's intent.
This is in regards to the show.
archive.is/Z85gZ

I think with any bit of luck Nintendo could easily improve on the systems they have in place with BotW. They tend to do so as they move to the next entry (Wind Waker, despite the "Muh graphix" fags, for instance was definitely a huge leap in terms of exploration). The main thing is that you have to remember is the series is usually, and I hope you don't think of this as a negative thing for once, is made for a large audience of all ages. The games are beautiful, big, and a journey to get through, but for the main stuff it's made so even kids that are smart and decently skilled can reach the end. That isn't to say things along the way aren't tough, dungeons don't leave you wondering how to get through them at times, but eventually you find your way through. BoTW was like this as well, but it was mostly in terms of items and how well you knew the system. With that in mind, a lot of the system is probably underused by the more casual players. Which is a shame, because there's shit that, even if it's extremely situational to pull off (throwing a metal weapon in a lightning storm at an enemy or three), it can rewarding in both the accomplishment sense and a gameplay sense.

Personally I think a third level of upgrading for all the powers, maybe a couple additional powers, making nights a lot darker and more dangerous (making a torch or source of light almost necessary) and then expanding on those powers in how they could be used would have been great. Making shrines a lot harder (with the exception of the first 4 that you do on the plateau) would have been pretty good as well, although I think there's a certain decency in that the shrines don't have a progression in how tough they are beyond distance from the start point, I think. The island trial where you have to scrounge around for things again was a pretty good one personally And of course maybe a few more dungeons would be nice. I will say that it always bothers me thinking about how I'm not sure if I was supposed to be in some places in the dungeon. I would end up gliding to areas on the Beasts that I think most developers would have left as something you either can't reach, would be returned as soon as you reached it, or just fell through it. It almost felt, oddly enough, like Morrowind, where instead of wondering if abusing stat boosting potions or making strong weapons or spells was intended, you weren't sure if being able to get to that ledge was an oversight or on purpose. I think they could have gone farther with them though.

with a clap of my monkey's paw, you now have nigger balls

Why did you pick the worst example for music? I don't understand the argument that BoTW has no music, it has a pretty decent amount, most of them sound great. Less tracks than other titles? Probably.

Why even fight Lynels though?

Lynels are a perfect example of why the weapon degradation system in BotW is awful, and why the enemy variety is also bad as each variant of Lynel has more or less the same attack style except the white and silver ones are more powered up.
If you actually manage to find a Savage Lynel Halberd/Spear it's more trash than the sword.

Is this the best music? It's still isn't that great maybe 6/10. Did they cut corners during music production?

botw is a game designed to make you feel good/accomplished in everything you do, while in reality taking being very shallow and taking very little skill. Reviewers and posers love that shit because they're too bad/lazy to do anything else but can still feel included

It sounds like a demo song from one of those cheap ass casio keyboards.

Because more people have fun with it than you, and you assume your position as logical and factual rather than emotional and personal. While other people recognize their own as their emotional and personal experience.
Basically you're pretentious.

Not an argument.

Too bad.

If you fight them correctly instead of brute forcing it it's fairly quick and you lose almost no weapon durability. The silver Lynels are a farmable source of >100 attack weapons with high durability and mats to max out the damage armor set. While you don't need to fight them, if you want to get any challenge at all from that garbage game you should. It's also fun because the game's fanbase can't kill them and you can mock them and their excuses.

Because Zelda is a shitty franchise held up by nostalgia alone.

If it came out today, nobody would bat an eye. It would just be considered some shitty hipster game where you play as a green elf named Zelda running around with a sword.

But because so many fucktards grew up with Zelda, they are blinded by nostalgia goggles so every Zelda game that comes out they praise like it's the next coming of Christ.

Just ignore the Zelda mouthbreathers, OP.
Never played it and never will, looks uninteresting and boring as fuck.

But what if Zelda was a girl?

Nothing in Skyrim was challenging except resisting the desire to do anything else.

Nobody ever said until now.

The fucking complaints about the music, though.
They're the same cunts that jizz their pants over TWW, and fucking Christ that OST got on my nerves. The fucking game seriously did not know when to shut up.

BotW is boring as shit, but it's OST is the second best in the series, only beat by Majora's Mask. Mainly because the music is perfect for the game, but perhaps not amazing to listen to outside of it.
Then again, this fucking song is amazing.

Nigger.
That is the single, sole and only purpose of a fucking video game. Are you fucking retarded?

Dead Rising also had magazines to decrease weapon degradation, whereas BTFO has nothing of the sort. The map in Dead Rising was smaller and had shortcuts too, so going back somewhere to get a weapon wasn't a complete fucking chore.

You just have bad taste, user.

So don't.

Your taste is pretty shit too, Bethedrone.

Bad taste and defensive.

Why don't you start a Prey 1 thread saying that it is shit and complaining why anyone care about Prey 2 and deny shilling nuPrey?

You are scientifically wrong.
Embed related, not the same song, but it gets the exact same, imbecilic criticism.

Hey, Todd, at least in BotW you can actually climb all the mountains you see.

It's a common excuse used for things that are obviously low effort.

Are you too ADHD to pay attention for two fucking seconds of silence?

Yeah, now I can suddenly hear how it's not absolute shit, because "science" explained why my hearing is wrong.

It doesn't matter how many checkboxes it ticks off in kike music theory, it's fundamentally ugly and requires you to be 'educated' to believe is anything more than ugly. You've fallen for the postmodern meme.

sometimes less is more

Said the Skyrimfag that fell for Zenimax's marketing.

Skyrim was better

Funny how Pic Related was not intended to be funny
Then again Tim's Best work is his "Serious" shit

Think about how many games worth a damn does the switch has.
There is your answer.

No need to hide anymore. Shills are not welcomed.

The same amount as a PS4, XB1 or Wii U
Z E R O

Raiden V is good you negro.

MGR:R isn't even on the XB1, PS4 or Wii U

Nice pasta, though it was fresher back in March.

I fixed your image. There have been more pro-zelda copypasta's than anti.
Nice try though.

You're deaf.
Just like every open world game ever, except this one actually has animals running around it. It feels more alive than most.

It's proven that Nintendo doesn't pay reviewers.

You forgot >no weapon repairs despite more than enough resources to make it conservative while not making you say goodbye to your favorite toys forever.

I spent 90 hours in BOTW and enjoyed every minute. You need to start things with an open mind instead of letting Holla Forums's autistic circlejerks command your thoughts. All your arguments are things that people who have never even fucking played it say, and have been saying since the day of release. Here's my complaints, from someone who actually played it.

1. "morning" brightness makes everything look washed out, dulling an otherwise great-looking environment
2. the music is sparse when you're just exploring, but it's extremely chill occasional piano notes instead of the energetic themes of previous games. I did a lot of thinking about the music because within my first few hours, I had the same complaint that there "wasn't any." But after playing it for tens of hours, I realized that if there was traditional energetic zelda music looping every 3 minutes, I'd have gotten sick of it VERY early on. There's music when you're fighting enemies, music in the memories and plot moments, and some of the best fucking music I've heard recently at the castle/boss fight. The sparseness of it when you're exploring makes you appreciate it more when it appears for dramatic moments, and what music there is, is GREAT.
3. Koroks are not supposed to be a full-fledged quest, it's just a mechanic to get you more inventory slots and make you explore the map more. They're fucking everywhere and their puzzles being "reused" is a blessing, not a curse. You recognize them at a glance and take a quick detour to grab a seed, then continue on your way. The koroks only bother people who have OCD and want to collect all 999 like a masochist.
4. I personally hate the weapon-breaking because it's something you shouldn't need to think about late-game. They should have kept it for shitty rusted swords and shields or sticks/leaves, but clean equipment should never break. Also the fact you can't use the master sword at all when it's recharging is BS, it should just do less damage. This is all offset by the fact that late-game, all enemies drop "royal" stuff which has massive durability, though.

There is plenty of plot and it's your fault for not finding the memories to uncover it.
The world is one of the most alive open worlds I've ever played in, it's not empty. There's something to do, find, or kill EVERYWHERE.
The enemy variety isn't enormous, but it's satisfactory. We've seen worse.
The sheika slate powers aren't clunky if you played Splatoon and got used to motion aiming, but you're probably a fucking casual who didn't play it at all or used the analog aiming.
The render distance is incredible for the system it's on, as is the local detail, and there's no pop-in. Complaining you can't see detail at zoom distances is a bitch complaint. Shut the fuck up.

I have yet to play Breath of the Wild. I'm trying to figure out why combat is being praised when, and correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like they've taken the unique weapons from other 3D Zeldas, and split them multiple times into weapons with one or two defining features in order to pad out the game and make it seem more complex than it really is.

It also looks like they've thrown in some of the tacked-on RPG elements from Zelda 2 and/or collectathon gameplay with rewards that fail to motivate in the same way that unlockables like the Giant's Wallet, Fierce Deity Mask, and Biggoron's Sword were in the other games.

I don't want to blow $60 on a Zelda game that's worse than Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword, so how much of this impression is correct?

I forgot to add that the possibility of weapons breaking looks like a major deal breaker and another potential example of padding out the game to make it seem more complex than it really is.

Because Zelda fandom is insane and will praise total shit. Look at as an example of that.
The weapons are mostly just damage applicators, the only ones that feel different are spears and spears suck. Combat is largely just mashing except for Lynels, and you can technically get away with mashing there too if you're willing to waste a bunch of weapons and food (people who complain about them being damage sponges are mashers). Note that there is zero challenge as there is no limitation on pausing to eat food to instantly regain health mid-fight. While the combat is awful, it's a step up from Skyward's waggle fighting and it doesn't force gimmicks too hard which is rare for Nintendo. It looks like they originally intended to force gimmicks as the starting area had a lot of items situated expecting you'd want to use the moooootion controools to hit enemies with metal boxes, but they give up on that not long afterwards and it's an incredibly ineffective way to fight.
Not really. Gear is almost worthless as weapon rewards from exploration will (literally) last less than 60 seconds, the armor set you buy a few hours into the game will last you through the end, and the only things that matter are upgrades to your armor through fountains which are soft-limited by requiring you find them first. Stamina upgrades are useless as you have infinite stamina through food and the only other is heart upgrades which are a staple of the series.
You don't need any of the 'collectables'. I didn't find the NPC that takes the korok seeds until after I finished the game - it doesn't matter. It just lets you carry a bit more, but since your inventory self-destructs so quickly you get no real advantage from it as you are still forced to constantly cycle in weapons from whatever you're killing.
Don't buy it, then. It's better than Skyward Sword but that's certainly not saying much.

Everything you fight shits weapons though, and picking them up is a single button press. You're never without one no matter how hard you suck. It just becomes part of the routine of playing it.

Have you never seen a nintentoddler? They're worse than sonyggers.

Destructible weapons shouldn't be happening in a Zelda game, though, other than the Giant's Knife in Ocarina, which is more of a joke weapon than anything else. If they're going to add RPG elements and fundamentally change the weapons system like that, they should just create a new franchise instead of shitting all over one of their existing properties.

Neck yourself.

Your opinions are invalid for trying to downplay how shit Skyrim is.

Skyrim is better than BotW. That's a fact. It doesn't mean Skyrim isn't shit. It means we've discovered something worse than shit.

No.

Yes

Kill yourself, Todd.

That's good

I don't quite think you understand just how absolutely shitty Skyrim is. I almost want to say BotW is Skyrim done right actually. At least you can actually climb the fucking mountains in BotW

Get fucked faggot

$$$

Suck my uncircumscied dick, Imkikefy.

I had fun playing it, put 80-90 hours into it before I went to the final boss. It's not a great game though, and it's certainly not high up in the series, although that's coming from someone who loves Wind Waker so take it with a pinch of salt.
It's basically just MGSV for kids, except MGSV had better gameplay, more/better music and better voice acting.

Pick one and only one.

I think valve's mistake was using their customers as playtesters.
It's like having a spelling contest with drooling retards and considering that the results the average person would get.

Because it isn't overrated at all, that's why. You are just stupid.

It's not perfect at all, but when games like the Last of Us, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, generic shooters etc. get 9/10s and even 10/10s, of course Zelda BotW has to get at least this much.

It's a 100% handcrafted, interactive, varied open world without any borders and, unlike all other open world RPGs, actual dungeons and puzzles.

It should get a 11/10, actually. It's ridiculous how inflated scores are.

If these facts hurt your feelings, so be it.

I am inclined to agree with you. Granted, I haven't even begun to delve into this game but, from what I can tell, its fundamental design choices are incredibly bizarre when compared to previous iterations. You can accuse the series of always utilizing some form of gimmick, but at least the older games were more focused around their respective mechanics. For example, the masks in MM were essential; the ocarina in OOT was essential; practically every item in LTTP was essential, and this game sort of solidified the 'Zelda formula'. BOTW seems like it's filled with half baked ideas that have situational uses, which can be used in creative ways, but ultimately for their own sake. In other words, all the creative "fun stuff" is merely icing on the cake; it's there if you want to fool around with it, but the player is never expected to truly understand the game's mechanics, and it seems like there aren't any scenarios that exclusively utilize said mechanics as the basis for their completion. There's always a conventional approach to every scenario. I get the impression that these mechanics are trying to appeal to two types of people; the guy who just wants to get through the game and the guy who wants to fool around with it and see what he can to do break the game's systems. While that is a noble endeavor, I think Ninty could've done more to give the second group scenarios that really test their mettle. I could be wrong, maybe there are some really taxing shrines in the late game. Without those scenarios, though, the game becomes a whole lot more shallow because, even though there is room for player growth, it's not really utilized to its potential.

The entire game seems quite directionless, and it suffers greatly as a result. Despite its flaws, I think it can be enjoyable, but ultimately the majority of its content seems superfluous.

zelda 2 is iconic for tacked on rpg elements unless you're going to try and tell me in what otherwise could be resolved as a skill based game is improved by arbitrarily extending the time you do things unless you improve certain stats

if you're going to try just kill yourself please

is this satire, or just the typical nintendo zealot's brand of delusion?

it's really obviously bait you retard

Botw should be measured on its own merits, not on how it stands up to unrelated games.
Technically any game that is not procedural/randomly generated is 100% hand crafted.
All games are interactive, that is the nature of the medium.
The game map has borders however they are soft borders and not hard borders. In fact part of the games varied environment goes hand and hand with the borders as several regions are themed around certain environments such as death mountain.
That is a pretty grand statement, care to back it? It would seem very difficult to mention every single other open world RPG that has been made and prove that it lacks both actual dungeons and puzzles
As for specifics I would like to point out that at the very least Morrowind is an open world RPG with both dungeons and puzzles.
Furthermore while portion of the statement is true, specifically that BotW has actual dungeons and puzzles, the statement is misleading as the games dungeons are very short and shallow.
Arbitrary scores on an arbitrary scale that has not consistent context are ultimately meaningless and no use for arguing the quality of something. It could get 27/√2 and a 7/11 and there would be no way to compare the scores because there is no meaningful standard by which they can quantified.
Nice tu quoque man.

I don't know man, it seems like a desperate attempt at marketing/selling a game to people.

forgot picture

I've already explained it before. Sony paid for Horizon Zero Dawns review, reviewers played BotW and HZD back to back, the problem is that these two titles would be undoubtedly compared, Breath of the Wild was well beyond HZD so the reviewers knew that when people realized this and if the scores were the same or less people would catch on to their scam, so reviewers realizing that they could only do one thing and give Breath of the Wild the scores they did.

I wouldn't call it overrated anyway, not for modern games journalism, Breath of the Wild is the best reviewed game that I've played in years that was the closest to it's actual value, I have seen far far more games get far more bloated review scores.

Uh, no. That's literally the point of ratings, otherwise they would be meaningless. You can't just suddenly give Zelda BotW a 7/10 when every western shti game gets a 10/10.

Reviewers are at fault here, not Zelda BotW.

What you could do, and I know this isn't very satisfying, is stop giving a shit about reviews, though.

begone wretch

disregard this is read it as Reviewers are not at fault here also i suck cock

The shitty video game comparisons trinity keeps coming up.

Yeah. I mean it's clearly like Shadow of the Colossus if anything.

>Introduce a minimum of 10 DLC packs that add more enemies and more fleshed out dungeons so that you can only fully upgrade both health and stamina by paying for it

People will defend this. That said, credit should be given where it's due, the world is excellent but fucking filled with copypasted garbage mobs.

Because it's good and you want to shit on it so you don't feel like you'll miss something not playing it.

Then I wouldn't like BotW.

I don't get this complaint. The draw distance is amazing most the time.

And aren't there only two DLC packs which are like 15 bucks combined?

It's so far away and you can still clearly see a very detailed forest.

What kind of retard would buy this game and its DLC when cemu is nearly perfect for this game?

Not that guy, but holy shit dude. You're sporting the Zelda cock in your mouth like I've never seen.

I know this is a common trait for this board, but why is this game the cause of such ass pain and bitching? Why do autists nitpick, make stuff up or make mountains out of molehills?

user, it's right there.

It's the only game nintencucks have to latch onto.

Don't think I've forgotten you, you retard. How's cuckhan?

that's one of the defining traits of autistic people user

Because it's far from nearly perfect and was even further from properly playable when the game launched.

You're probably the first user on Holla Forums who said "Aryan Protectionism". Stop projecting your stupidity on others and get your kiddy coke.

It seems like whetstones should have been a no-brainer. I spent half the game with an inventory of weapons I never used, instead just finding and breaking shittier weapons, all because I was worried I might need them down the line.

It's not a shitshow of a game. Honestly, they could have gone the safe route and just made another Skyward Sword.

I'm waiting for cemu 1.8 but I will probably do the same as I enjoy collecting all items in games like this

Nintendo never takes the safe route.

You're retarded.

same here, bub

Note how the average nintendo apologist will throw in a 3rd game into the argument to prop their opinion up. It's almost like nintendo games NEEDS that ugly friend to make their game look good in comparison!

Where has all the good bait gone? Nobody even tries anymore.

do you have brain damage?

Checking these beautiful numbers.

Reminds me of my father trying to fit in
Even if we were looking from the eyes of a 90s person the art style was still shit and the game was more aliasing than game.

I think in general this board will always have a kneejerk response to anything that is critically acclaimed or popular. You could have a group of Holla Forumsirgins create the perfect game, but if that game gets popular on tumblr communities and reddit the board would turn on those devs in a heartbeat calling them redditfags and shills. That was kind of an extreme example but to bring it around back to BoTW, the game was getting 10/10 scores from places like IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku, etc. so I think that triggers some kind of a "bullshit" response deep down, that most people aren't aware of. Holla Forums will probably give a game a better chance if it receives a 5/10 from IGN because 1. their reviews are a fucking joke and 2. looks like the publishers didn't bribe them to get a good score which means the game gets good Holla Forums street cred at least in that regard.

If you think this sounds stupid, just imagine a guy like pic related saying that [some decently produced game that is good in all critera] is unironically his favorite game. As petty as it is you'll probably view the game in a lesser light because of it. It's kind of like that except instead of one dorky looking idiot it's like a few hundred thousand idiots who browse reddit and post memes on their facebook and instagram accounts. It doesn't matter why they like the game, Holla Forums will naturally assume that the game appeals to a low common denominator (which would essentially mean it has dumbed down features) or the game or devs are trying to push some kind of agenda and that's why people like it so much. There's more than enough evidence to prove that that's happened before.

To sum it up I think it's a natural human response to become skeptical (or even scornful) of anything that your "enemy" likes. Considering that Holla Forums hates most of what the gaming industry is nowadays, there's very little room to "give games a chance" when we can clearly see where games are coming from and who they really appeal to. The schism that you see on this board with people liking Breath of the Wild and hating it is Holla Forums's cognitive dissonance, because it's a game that's actually pretty good but it's also really popular.

You wrote 3 paragraphs and what they all boil down to is that you think Holla Forums is one person. Fuck off back to class.

Well that's just because every single time it gets popular on those places, the devs drop their original audience in favor of them. Just look at Yandere Dev and Notch.

I enjoyed the game. There were some absolutely baffling design decisions, but I found that I enjoyed the time I spent playing. I would rate the game a 7/10.

It seems that all reviewers are compelled to suck nintendo's dick. Nintendo games get consistently high scores, the fact that metroid Other M and Zelda Skyward Sword received critical acclaim is really depressing to me. Both games suffer from incredibly poor design choices and are generally just not fun to play, but reviewers give them scores in the 80s and 90s and call them masterpieces. Similarly, Breath of the Wild is an alright game, but reviewers hailed it as the second coming of Christ.

It's almost like the reviewers feel like they have to give the mainline nintendo games a high score. In my mind it seems almost like a way for them to keep up their gaming cred. Zelda and Mario are probably the most casual level of gaming, and for a game reviewer to turn around and say "I think the new zelda sucks" might somehow damage their credibility in the eyes of the normalfags. Instead you get "Of course we loved the new zelda, zelda is our favourite series, just like every other gamer zelda has a special place in our heart!".

For this reason, I think the mainline Zelda and Mario titles will always get really high review scores. It's probably the single biggest piece of samethink in the industry: Zelda is the best game of all time.

Is it? I always read everywhere that it is a piece of shit with empty words, downgraded graphics and no fun.

God this game is gorgeous.

the only good thing about BotW is Link's boipussi tbh

It's more like they bring up a contrasting game to highlight Holla Forums's hypocrisy. I'm sorry this game triggers you.

Listen, there can't be hypocrisy. Just because you like a game doesn't mean it's law. By the same token, just because people dislike the game doesn't mean it's law. People have opinions. If you have the mindset of "lol Holla Forums is one person lmao" then of course hypocrisy will be shown to you, but that's because of your dimwitted nature.

Buckley's best work and the comic was intended to be a serious argument in favor of GTA's treatment over Hatred's treatment.

BOTW is more a foundational game for the next game to improve on. It tried to go back to the original Zelda's open world style and succeeded for the most part. It just lacked a lot of fundamental and polished gameplay elements that the previous games had. Good dungeons, fantastic music and a cohesive story to tie it all together would've helped to bump the game up a little, despite its many shortcomings.

Disposable weapons that degraded too fast and lack of repair shop made inventory management a chore. For their first outing in giving a Zelda game voice acting, they chose poorly and cheaply for such a highly regarded franchise. Actually having intricate dungeons along with the smaller ones they scattered throughout the world. Maybe restrain a bit on collectables because I think collecting 900 korok seeeds is going way overboard. A lot of the problems have easy fixes and hopefully, Nintendo will learn their lesson and make those improvements in the much better sequel using an improved engine of BOTW.

False. There is a fair bit of music throughout the game and it's used pretty effectively. Plot exists and has a lot of content associated with it but you can choose when to tackle it
I'd disagree. There are lot's of cool things to find that aren't shrine related such as the leviathan skeletons, the lord of the mountain or the great fairy fountains
Debatable. I certainly felt like mini-bosses were much less of a challenge halfway through when I was loaded up and stronger gear. Lynels are fun as shit to fight though
Fair point. I wish that there were more enemies unique to certain locations
Somewhat true. I think most of the important visuals can be seen from a good distance, though
I think they work well and can have some good implementation
Half true. Most of the puzzle based shrines feel unique. The most repetitious ones are the Test of Strength shrines
That's true. there are only so many times you can move a rock to a circle of other rocks
Overall, I'd give your post a 5/10

The Snes game was comfy

After that is just the usual nintendo manchild irrational hype that would make religious cultists blush

I wanna fuck the Inn attendant

That's true, this game is good but it feels…incomplete.

i don't even hate BOTW that much its just getting unwarranted praise for doing the same shit other games have but with the nintendo logo slapped on it so it gets away with it.

i want casuals to fucking die

no

Hey! These puzzles are hard to do without a brain!

/thread

The last line is the only difference between indieshit gamers and nu/v/.

Gamergate taught us that eventually, all elitists board the SJW train. They are attention whores craving for authority, so there's their natural habitat.

dont be dishonest. its always the same anons saying the same things to make sure everyone has heard their opinion.

That doesn't make them hyprocrites

not on its own, no. but they make sure you know its them across multiple threads

There is no way of fighting a Lynel "correctly". That has been mentioned three times in this thread now and no strat to back it up. Their health is stupidly high that brute forcing is the only method

The ONLY way to fight a Lynel without being at it for hours is to brute force it with flurry rushes. If you say otherwise you've never battled a white Lynel, their health is too high for any other strat.

Hya

What is with the huge amount of muh Holla Forums is ex bullshit? BOTW isn't a good Zelda game cause it barely acts like one now its not awful but it's simply not a good Zelda game. Sorry anons here aren't sucking this game off like 4chan is.

/thread

Its not perfect but I enjoyed it and sunk over 180 hours into the thing so it must have gotten something right.
I mean I've sunk the same amount into other games and most of the time came away feeling unfulfilled and bored. When i finally finished botw as far I needed more and had to force myself not to pick it up again
I'll say its a solid 7/10 and has plenty of flaws but also does a majority of an open world game right

t. Yanderedev

New pasta?

seems like the new goon pasta this summer.

Go read a book if you want a plot.

You really expect fanboys to admit it isn't good as a Zelda game, let alone an open world one? That's like wanting someone who eats table scraps to reject their food.

that one pisses me off more than valve cutting out the complexity of a repetitive cave maze

nigger Zelda has never been open world
open world means theres a bunch of half assed minigames outside the focused story proggression, the reason it can be a half assed taxi driving mission like in the non-shit GTA's is beacuse the gameplay of a Taxi Mission by its very nature makes you explore the map, the game doesnt force you to explore in order to be rewarded, youre rewarded as a result of playing the game, you get a $5000 insane stunt bonus, not because you looked at the map and saw a viewpoint™ marker, but because you found the car dealership next to the bombshop and the car crusher, and in it was a fucking dodgeviper that you stole and immediately starting driving like a madman looking for anything that vaguely resembled a ramp
, if Zelda 1 was open world, then so was every point and click adventure game and shitty RPG, Ass creed isnt even open world by any measure, but the amount of retards calling zelda open world means that the only thing you need is a shitload of (((viewpoints™))) (((radio towers™))) and (((outposts™))), im sorry (((shrines™))) which isnt fucking openworld you fucking half a momo its a repetitive collectathon with extra steps

Zelda is the ultimate normalfag series. It lets people play a simple adventure game that's shallow as a rain puddle while feeling like they're doing something "epic." Reinforcing this delusion is the best way to drive page hits, retweets, social media backlinks, etc etc. Everything revolves around social media now, and affirming the absurd seems to be the best way to keep making ad dollars.

isnt that vidya in general?

Git gud. You either hit it with an arrow to stun it or use the stun guardian ability, then climb on its back and hit it until it knocks you off. Repeat twice. Your weapon takes no durability damage from hitting it while on its back. It's over quickly, even with silver Lynels.

so you zerg rush it just like user says

Pretty much lmao

Man, I'm just hoping that we get modding that at least allows custom outfit replacers or something. I wouldn't mind being able to use Hyrule Warriors Link's tunic. Hell, I'd love a mod that replaces Link with Zelda, complete with her own versions of each outfit.

At least constantly looking at Zelda's thick ass would make this game worth something

Man, those horses were T H I C C.
Yes way, oh Jose I NEIGH, muy sexayy!!

Mmmmm MMMMMM MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

thicc horse

FTFY

It's more that Holla Forums isn't one person like the other anons told you.

Some people here really like it.
Some really hate it.
Which would be kinda okay, but since we all gotta frequent the same site, it's inevitable to see both groups clash together.
I like the clashing. It's a healthy discussion between two different points of view.
What I completely abhor is people who want Holla Forums to be nothing besides "hurr, we haet gaems" and the folks who want threads to be generic hugboxes where you can't criticize games.
Goes double to the generic "it's GOTY" or "It's fucking shit" posts. If you can't articulate your opinion, don't bother posting. You're just taking up vertical space in the thread.

"As long as a man has a point to make, his right of speech should be protected. Without a point, it is nothing but noise and he should be silenced" - some faggot in 1930, I forgot the name

What really infuriates me are people who have pull some kind of logical fallacy any time multiple people on the board disagree with them.
I saw this a lot with FO4 and OW.
You could list tons of reasons you dislike the games, but you'd still get shitters like saying you're just a contrarian or you hate anything popular.

Ad populum, you're doing it right now.
:^)

That makes them the contrarian-contrarian aka: conformist.
It doesn't invalidate your posts.
I agree with most criticism Overwatch received, but I still find it fun in a casual-relaxed way. I just switch to Unreal when I want something more competitive.
You have your opinion, and you got arguments to back it up.
If someone replies "yeah, nah, you're just a contrarian" then they have their opinion and no argument to back it up.
No reason to get worked up about it.

lol

I could've forgiven everything if there was at least real animal/monster variety and more villages/towns. Even villages made up of only 4 or 5 houses in certain areas would be enough for me. And the vast majority of monsters you'll encounter are just bokoblin and lizalfos, and you can't even cook em.

True.

Most nintenbabbies have never played an open-world game like BOTW until recently, so everything seemed fresh and original.

list them then