So fallout 4 is free for two days. I'm gonna try it out and see how shit my computer is at running it...

So fallout 4 is free for two days. I'm gonna try it out and see how shit my computer is at running it. I don't think I'd buy it right now since it the GOTY version is probably going to come out in a summer sale or something like that pretty soon.

I heard the dialogue is pretty cringe. I'll see if I can get through it with my sanity intact.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/tag/en/RTS/#p=0&tab=TopSellers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get ready for some mediocrity. It's not even so bad it's funny, it's just the blandest shit.

Firstly, don't buy it for fuck's sake, it's the worst game of all what Beth has done in about every regard.
And yes, I mean that. It's below mediocre.

yea. I heard the gunplay was good though. I guess they had to have something redeeming since the story is shit.

I've been replaying New Vegas to finish up honest hearts DLC.

It's not. Trust me.

It's good in the same way that Call of Duty has good gunplay, which is to say it's utterly bland.

It's been free to play since day one and even then it's not worth the wasted bandwidth.

You're thinking of Fallout Shelter. Though, come to think of it, it isn't too different to Fallout 4 in many ways.

It's been free for a while now user.

No i'm thinking of pirate bay.

Oh man I remember I could actually pirate BEFORE the actual release. I didn't of course.

You silly goose, they're talking about piracy.

on fallout shelter- I didn't mind fallout shelter's gameplay that much but the idea that your characters out exploring can get fucked drove me away from it. If you could tell them to come back after x amount of time or if they're in danger that would be one thing.

The time locking businesses and premium lunchbox shit were also highly cancerous.

Where the todd posters @?

Did you consider the Fallout 3 gunplay "good"? If you did then Fallout 4 has "good" gunplay.

OC

Cut all contact with whoever told you it was good.

FYI if you want to pirate it you can download it via Steam instead and then crack it by just copying a crack into the Steam folder.

The gunplay is shit because everyone is a bullet sponge that has knockback to every single attack.

I figured that would be the case and I was considering doing that to save some sheckles (OY VEY).

Care to recommend your preferred crack website? I haven't done any piracy in a while.

Game Copy World is a classic and still works.

SHILLS OR REDDITORS, TAKE YOUR PICK.

I think everyone is aware of how bad Fallout 4 is.

Good, it was always cancer.
Also this

See

These people are actively wishing to play the game.
They do not belong here.

We don't often get threads about the free weekends on Steam, and now we suddenly have two up at once. What a coincidence.

You heard wrong. Unless you consider point blank shotgun shells to the head to slightly inconvenience an enemy is "good gunplay".

Did the second one get deleted? I can't seem to find it.

Calm down spergy, it's not that much of a hive mind here.

Rising storm is also doing a free weekend thing. I already tried it. Found it was shit.

Why don't they belong here? A game can be shit but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to make a thread about it.
I don't like Overwatch, Rainbow Six: Siege, Persona, Fatlus, Fullderp, visual novels and all the other weebshit garbage but I just hide and filter them. Also the shill accusations are just retarded at this point, I highly doubt viraling occurs on a board that has, at most, 5000 users. 4chan, sure, but that place has millions of users on all boards.

Yes, it does.

There have been shills caught on this board before, it's silly to think that just because we only have a few thousand people that we're somehow immune to shills, bearing in mind that these shills get paid shit all and have a lot of time to make posts, they're going to be aiming for as many different sites and demographics as possible.

have they released a complete version of the game with all the dlc yet? what the fuck are they doing

it's meh at best

So your Holla Forums is just
I don't even like Fallout 4, I played it a month after release and found it painfully average but I still bump this so I can see something other than general threads and weebshit on the first page.
A lot of the hate towards different genres/games on Holla Forums is just following the hivemind, I don't like MOBA games but most of the faggots shitposting in them have no knowledge on how the games work and regurgitate what others said, most common being one unit with 4 abilities and taking little skill, those that have actually played these games would know both are false, they just hate it because everyone else does.
I'm pretty sick of Holla Forums at this point, I don't even know why I keep coming back here. There's very few good threads a month and those that are good are just absurdly slow, good example would be the AFPS thread back in march.
/rant over

I should hope not-
>>>/out/

Yes.

So you indeed are everything wrong with this board.

Great bait. Very well crafted one. I'l give you 8 stars out of 10.

Also
Fallout 4 is always free.

As I said, all the other good threads are slow. Might as well piss off some autists that skip a heart beat when they se the name Fallout 4 uttered.

Do you think imageboards are fucking joke? We allowed undertale and overwatch to stay and they formed a community. Allow bethesda's fallout few times and fans of it will gather.

Impossible, I've never made a zenimax game thread.

Not legally

>ha ha! I'll just copy this bread from the merchant!

it's not good. It really isnt
t. wasted precious time on pirating it

cringe isn't even the word for it, its just dull. i borrowed a console copy of it from a friend and after a certain point i realized if i kept pressing the X button on any dialogue it would advance the story. the choices don't matter worth shit and since the main characters is fully voices a lot of what he says doesn't line up well with whats presented on the dialogue prompts.

other than that you'll probably get bored in a few hours, once the game lets you run around you'll have a bit of fun just shooting fuckers and stuff until you realize everything you explore will have some "legendary" at the end of it, yes this even means a "legendary radroach" if the games RNG/scaling wills it. it will drop a random generated item that could be completely useless or just carry you through the game. since so few rewards for exploring are actually through it its just gambling for decent loot.

OH NO HERE COMES THE CYBER POLICE
EBRBRBRBRBRBRBRRBR

And communities stick to themselves. What actually happened after we "allowed" (as if there's a vetting process for games) Undertale and Overwatch to be here? If everyone actually stuck to their own topics that they were interested in this place would be a ton better but of course we can't have that happen since Holla Forums culture is just so bad at this day and age.

Reminder they tried to make you pay for the mods too.

It's pretty okay, in all honesty, as long as you are okay with a mediocre shooter with shit RPG mechanics, shit dialogue, shit story, shit weapon varienty, shit sound design, shit enemy design, and decent building mechanics that have a crippling flaw what makes it shit too.
But about half of that is fixable by mods. So after that, it results in a only mostly shit game, with decent shooter elements so long as you avoid actual quests and story like the plague.

Poor oldfag here just wishes to talk about games made by companies that are objectively making the hobby much, much worse.
I mean, what could be the reason behind people who have spent fucking years playing video games simply abhorring companies like ea, zenimax, activision and ubisoft?
Why, the reason can only be one- the toxic Holla Forums culture.

You're fucking retarded. Stick to sucking dick.

Please, explain.

Gunplay is barely tolerable, assuming you're playing on survival or with mods that make them actually do shit and not just pink down health of stupidly tanky enemies, and you're using mods what give you more weapon variety than five different kids of suckish boring trash or a million pipe weapons.
Clearing buildings of raiders is pretty fun in all honesty. But it's only fun if you're running some nice SMG what actually feels and sounds good in the hand, doesn't look like scrap, and never use VATS.

I hope you like fighting one single enemy type ever, though.

Hulkamania is about to run wild on the wasteland. Should I go for for younger Hogan or a further back hairline?

The capitalist market we have today just fills any niche there might be, that's like saying Harry Potter made books worse or Monopoly killed board games.

Sure it does, shitwad.

Headcrab_bunny.esp

Woah, you sure proved me wrong.

It isn't like he'll starve.

You sure proved yourself right.

I tried that "frost" mod, but it crushed all the time so fuck it.

The system we have in place goes where money goes.
No high-cost investment for a quality game is going to happen when Fallout 4 is perfectly fine and makes load of dosh.
We can say, objectively, that shitty games what lower the bar of what can be done successfully result in shittier games overall.

But that doesn't mean good games don't exist. If everyone went where the money goes all developers would be making Clash of Clans ripoffs.
I like AFPS and as small as the market may be, there's plenty of options for me to choose from, Reflex Arena, Quake Live, Quake Champions, Diabotical, Tribes Ascend, Warsow, Xonotic and Midair. Just because all you look at is just AAA garbage doesn't mean the medium is bad or dying, and you may say that Fallout 4 makes a lot of money, well, why doesn't anyone else have a shot at the formula? There are very few first person action adventure games where you can go inside every building and kill anything.

We certainly have many fine quality RTS's now right? And all those quality arena shooter and 3d platformers to choose from right?

Don't forget stealth games and rpgs. Squad based strategies too.

And remember, you can thank this fucker for all of that. I'm still mad that he basically said "fuck your canon," when lorefags asked him why ignoring Fallout 2 story elements was okay.

ED-E a cute. A cute!

Well since we have no new vegas thread I will ask here: Why didnt the legion conquer all east north america instead of pushing against the ncr? Even they are ashamed of getting anywhere near washington and boston arent they

If Fallout 4 was the RPG normalfags pretend it is, then you'd totally be able to build the Hulkster, spec for hand-to-hand combat, and run wild on the wasteland. Instead, it's just a complete bland pile of casualized shit with no reason to every play through more than once.

First one looks best, by the way.

you know what to do Holla Forums

It's hard to compete against something that already exists, retard. It's why we don't have that many people trying to make a WoW clone any more. Oh, they still try now and again, don't get me wrong, but they keep failing because it's hard to compete with something already established and successful.

Anyway, old shit is old. It ages, often very poorly. I may like a few old shooters, but that don;'t mean modern mechanics are a good thousand times better.

The medium isn't "dying". It's just getting complacent. We're going the route of movies. Fewer good shit, more generic nonsense and re-releases, sequels, and the like. Fallout 4, for instance.

Because they have. Or did you miss the massive number of sandbox games we had not that long ago?
And, again, you can't just make the same thing someone's already fit in.
Also, you can't kill anything in this game. Not without mods. Even then, it glitches the game up, and sometimes results in crashes.

1. Because Edward Sallow (Caesar) is an NCR citizen, so he was interested in its territory and people, rather than the unfamiliar East.
2. The Rocky Mountains are in the way. And even if you get past those, the Appalachian Mountains are in the way.

aaah interesting I should study burger geography

I just listed 8 different AFPS games, free or paid, in the post above yours.
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/RTS/#p=0&tab=TopSellers
From what I see there is plenty of RTS games to choose from.
If you ask me 3D platformers are a bad and bland genre but you can just look at what's there and play it instead of complaining. I recently saw a thread about a game called Snake Pass, I haven't played it for the reason previously stated, but if you like the genre, why don't you?
I'm not too much of a stealth game nut and I stick to what I know and love best, Thief and The Dark Mod custom maps.
A few RPGs I remember as of recently is Grim Dawn, Tyranny, The Witcher 3 and Shadowrun, I haven't played any but Grim Dawn.

Pretty easy to spot a dumbfuck who has no idea what it's talking about.

The only things that might have attracted me to Fallout 4 was the base building and the weapon modding, especially with all the mods arrounds. Still, the game looks so bland and boring there aren't even decent sex mods of it.

Yeah, it would be a real shitshow marching a nomadic tribal army across 2,400 miles to reach the East coast. Probably not possible.

Whoops, posted that too early.

But there's plenty of WoW clones and more people play them in total than they do WoW. WoW was also a good game from what I heard, these clones may or may not have been. May you tell me what first person action RPGs other than TES and Fallout have come out in the recent years?

See the picture in this post.
Please, enlighten me with your boundless knowledge and tell me how those games are not RPGs, they play like RPGs, I heard they were good, why not play them? Holla Forums sounds more like
rather than
With the average poster being people like you.

Yeah, the base building was okay, but there was just so little you could do for the longest time regarding that because they took forever to give people an updated Creation Kit, so a lot of mods had to be done through some Skyrim modding tool someone patched, where they couldn't even import new models or anything. By the time people could actually make good content for the game, everyone got bored.

In fact, it seems to me that the settlements themselves were pretty poorly planned out. Especially when you can clear that one hippie commune of feral ghouls, build a massive wall, then fast-travel there and kill a Super Mutant raiding party for a guaranteed Mini-Nuke every single time.

Your buddies over at rpg watch?

>Spoilering a random word

You of course conveniently you can't name any games in the genre's that don't fit your argument, regardless I can tell that you don't play RPG's, because most of those are garbage and don't hold a candle to the old school rpg's of the past, the closest I can think of is underrail which still suffers from it's indie roots. Regardless your argument that AAA studios rehashing the same shit doesn't harm the rest of the industry is flawed because you can see that the overall quality has dropped in other more forgotten genre's and in many ways irreversibly damaged them, take dishonored and thi4f for instance and more recently dow3, any RTS fan will tell you straight up that there are very few good quality RTS's released in the last few years and DOW3 is not helping.

Maybe the idea of calling the game shit genuinely bothers him.

No, word of mouth from everywhere from Holla Forums to gaming press to friends. Again, care to tell me why the games I listed were bad?

Holla Forums called Tranny good? Amazing tale, you lying piece of shit.

First issue here, you're arguing my point now. You brought up "well why don't they just copy X!", and now you're telling me that's exactly what they do.
Regardless, out of all of them, combined, there's more than in WoW.
WoW is also a shit game, filled with grinding, that ruined a genre. A great example of what a single successful shit game can do. Prior to WoW, most MMORPGs were going their own way, focusing on exploration, story, and interaction with one another. Now, most all MMORPGs made are grindy fetch-quest filled shitholes.

Anyway, as I said, they only amount to that level when combined. Simple fact is, most none of the WoW clones were actually successful. The investment into such games is simply too high, for the numbers they got in most cases. Especially when those numbers were rarely kept over time.

Never attribute anything to malice that can be attributed to stupidity. The real question is: reddit, summer, or both? You decide.

buy it.

I think school's still in.

Thief 4 was universally hated as a cheap knockoff of Dishonored, and Dishonored 1 was a relatively fun game in my opinion, although it lacked some things.
I think that your standards are just stupidly high and can't accept that not all games can exceed your favourites.
I don't know too much about RTS games, the only one I was ever invested in was Age of Empires 2.

That's why people nowadays categorize sandbox MMORPG such as Wurm and EVE with theme park MMOs.
I never was too invested in any MMORPG but Wildstar, Wurn and EVE, so again, this isn't a topic I can discuss too in depth.

I didn't say that game in specific, no, I heard Holla Forums hates it because they hate new Obsidian and the SJW stuff in the game, but I did hear plenty good of The Witcher 3, Shadowrun and Grim Dawn.

I came here for dubs

It feels fucking nice winning. Here's to hoping that TES VI will be an even bigger flop.

Very nice.

"So bad it's good" is incredibly difficult to do with games, much more so than with movies.

"So bad it's good" usually applies to games that are buggy, horribly unfinished, or extremely. Like Isle of the Dead or Superman 64.
I actually have fun just aimlessly flying around the tutorial level in Superman 64

Castle Shikigami is one example, but that's more the English dialog that is so bad it's good rather than the game itself which isn't so bad.

Now you're just ass pulling it was hated for being a bland game overall that tried too hard to be too many things at once failing to be liked by either new fans or old ones.

Now you're just strawmaning (for the record i actually like dishonored as well), The reason I mentioned dishonored is because it's literally one of the only stealth games in recent memory, but more importantly it's nothing like a stealth game where blink makes any stealth in the game absolutely trivial, now if you're a fan of the genre in the last couple of years you can pick between dishonored (a decent action game, but not a stealth game) or thi4f. I'm done with you, you criticize people for ad hominig you but then turn around and basically do the same shit and out right dodge questions, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Are you the same fag who has tried multuple times to start a fallout 4 general here?

Oh and check these digits

>shitty games what lower the bar
Learn your own language, bong.

I found being called a Dishonored clone a very common argument against Thief 4.
What about Deus Ex, MGS V and Hitman? Those are all stealth games.
Blink is something the game is something the game plays around and is balanced by having massive maps and hard to reach places, it's automatically not a stealth game because you have a short range teleport tied to a resource you can't use too often? My strategy in the game was to infiltrate silently and assassinate the target with something loud and escape as riskily and speedily as possible, that was a lot of fun for me.
What really is a stealth game in that case? Does it just have to be a Thief clone?

Yes it is Fallout Shelter is actually good

Fallout 4 isn't even that bad of a game really, it's just you cynical retards insist on shitting up the board with your mediocre bullshit where only certain opinion are tolerated

Hitman is a stealth game (except for Absolution). Deus Ex and MGS aren't, and never have been. They're action games that happen to include stealth elements. That doesn't make them bad, it just means they aren't stealth games. Same goes for Dishonored.
A game where getting caught is a punishment, rather than an opportunity to simply engage in a combat system that has its own risk-reward structure.
No, see Hitman. Though I think Hitman, and games like it, are the only sub-genre of stealth game that manage to not be Thief clones. But, calling them "Thief clones" is reductive; it's like calling FPS games "Doom clones."

It's a bad game.

I can answer that.
Deus Ex is not a stealth game, stealth is just a tool you can use but straight up shooting people is still an option and despite the game doing some things right, it also did a lot of bad things to the point that it almost redeemed DX2. It's still not a stealth game any more than Dark Messiah for instance.

MGS V is also not a stealth game, at least not in the classic sense of it. Stealth is indeed an option for gameplay but failing at stealth just forces you to shoot a bunch of people anyway. Whether you like the game or not doesn't matter very much here since it's gonna be compared to the previous games that were actually stealth games, where combat was far more punitive than in MGS V. For the record, I did like the game just like I liked the previous ones, but I can understand why someone wouldn't like it as they are not the same type of game anymore.

Hitman is also a bit of a rotten apple now, considering Absolution (I think that was the name?) and how they changed the gameplay or the missions into something far more casual and railroaded. Thecnically it's still sorta of a stealth game depending on how you look at it since it could also pass for a puzzle game now. Just find the scripted way the devs included to kill your target and follow said script.

You have to understand something very important about Dishonored, though. It is indeed a stealth game but the stealth genre has a very particular sub-genre not favored by some people: predatory stealth.
The point of Dishonored was never to give you a proper chalenge. Even if you increase the difficulty, at most there will be a spike when you meet the guys with the music boxes and you're still not very well equipped but everything else will always be piss easy.
That's because the point of the game was to be a power fantasy about being a supernatural assassin. Whether you can or cannot kill that guard or your target is never the question, how you'll do it is what it's all about.

You compare that with Thief and you get a very different experience, where the idea is that you're some weak but crafty dude that must avoid detection because combat is a shitty option and considered a failure state, not an oportunity to show off. Thief was about your skill at actual Stealth while Dishonored allowed you to ghost it but it could also be about your skill in combat with both things sorta screwing with each other.

You get a better example if you try Mark of the Ninja (which I find weird not being mentioned). It's a 2D stealth game about a ninja who goes fucking crazy because tatoos are bad life choices and you can switch clothes for different playstyles.
You can play the game as a murderous fucker and have lots of fun using fear itself as a weapon against your foes and it's an amazing experience.
Or you can don the outfit that removes lethal options from the game and instead it's all about not being seen or heard ever.
Both options reward you very well (pacifist makes it easier to get higher scores actually) but they are fundamentally 2 different games altogether.

But in Hitman you can just kill everyone as well, it's not hard. Hell, not even Thief is a stealth game by that logic since fire arrows one hit most targets and stealth killing with broadheads is easy and they're really cheap as well and killing enemies with the sword is easy too.

it's a terrible game alone and the worst fallout game

So just don't fail? It's not a stealth game because if you fail at stealthing it just gives you a option to kill them and be done with it or have them be more alerted, which Thief does as well?

No, it actually objectively is. It's so bad there are thesis and hour-long movies detailing why it's actually bad.

I tried it and I can definitely see the appeal it can have, but at the same time it's a waste of the Fallout IP and you can easily spend the whole game going "why didn't they added X here, why doesn't Y do Z, why are there W instead of N here, why can't I do M?"

The gunplay isn't that bad considering it was mostly Id Software working on it (so Bethesda didn't even did that right) but most people going for Fallout were looking for an RPG with action elements, not just a simple FPS with fake RPG elements.
Do remenber how Fallout 3 was compared to 1 & 2 and especially how Obsidian basically made it an actual RPG with New Vegas. 4 was supposed to be "we learned our lesson with the cowboy knockoff, here's a better game" and instead was "here's all the things we think you liked in New Vegas with all the features that you actually liked removed".

There's also the fact that there's no character in FO4, there's just the Player. It's appealing for those that don't care for roleplaying at all, but it sucks for everyone that wants an actual character interacting with the world and recognized by the world.

its a middle of the road game despite being considered AAA thats the big issue. when a game like fallout 4 succeeds the bar gets lower and lower

Its actually worse than Fallout 3 in almost every single way and Fallout 3 is absolute trash.

You don't have that much health in Hitman at all (except for the later ones that gave you shitty ways to come back), killing everyone is an option but it's actually far harder than using regular stealth and you'll be using at least some stealth tactics to help you or you'll be fucked.

You're oversimplifying this.
Dishonored and similar games are like this: you are playing a stealth game but get caught, losing said game. So instead, they instantly switch it for a kick ass action game where you can win and if you do, it invalidates what happened in the stealth game.
Meanwhile, Thief gives you an option to kill but it's really shitty, considering how much more powerful your enemies are than you, how limited your healing supplies are and that higher difficulty levels require that you kill no one.

Thief is strictly about avoiding detection and if you get caught you are punished for it. Dishonored is about avoiding detection if you want and if you're caught you get to show off your awesome magic powers, ence the distinction.

Daud's DLC ain't so bad since it fixes the two major issues the game had, very little non-lethal arsenal and not having more supernatural enemies that make the game actually hard. It does become almost a stealth game at that point but it's an unconvential one since your enemies have patterns and mechanics uncommon for most stealth games, like the respawning dogs. Combat is still perfectly viable though.

Depends on which Hitman game you're playing. But in any game, including Hitman, if engaging in combat with multiple enemies and avoiding sneaking is easy enough that it's not a punishment to the player, then it's not a stealth game. So maybe certain Hitman games aren't stealth games, or only become stealth games on higher difficulties.

I bought a 1017 last year and have done fuck-all with it. Would this be a good something to put it through its paces on, or does it look like shit without mods?

Or you can alternatively run away in the same situation in both until they go back to a less alerted state and try your hand in stealth again, I forgot if guards ever entirely lose alerted status in Dishonored, I know they don't in Thief.
Combat is really easy in both, in Dishonored you slow time or blink to their back, in Thief you flashbomb or backpedal/circle strafe sword or run away and kill them with arrows.
Healing supplies aren't that limited with a lot of food on most maps and in most fights I hardly lost more than a sword slice of health, the AI is also really bad at combat.

Enemies in Hitman are usually pretty scattered and can be easily defeated, in Hitman 2 and Blood Money (there you also have character upgrades so it's not too hard plus the weapons can be made absurd like a fully auto extended mag akimbo Silverballer) it was. I think the hardest combat was in Hitman Absolution because that game FORCED you to keep fighting and die or just run away and wait for alertness to die down then change disguise. Your HP was really limited even on lower difficulties.

It ran perfectly well on my 560, I wouldn't call this game very graphic-intensive.

Don't listen to the normalfags.

sageroo, fuck you, and fuck this thread, too. rollan fer dubbles

Is this a dubs thread? Checken.

Again, it depends. Basically, if you can play through the game without sneaking and it still works as a game, it's not a stealth game. Dishonored, for example, has a pretty good set of core combat mechanics, which you can rely on exclusively in lieu of stealth. That's why it's not a stealth game. It may be more fun for certain people (like me) to play the game as though it were a stealth game, sneaking around and occasionally assassinating people from behind–but at that point, stealth just becomes a riskless method of traversal, rather than a necessity. It can still be fun, though.

Well fug.

I never did play Crysis. Maybe I should try that. Has anything beat it yet? It was the golden standard for years.

Oh also forgot another one: Styx.
It's a pretty neat stealth game, lots of verticality and combat is punishing since you die very easily and some enemies can't be fought at all (but environmental kills are still a go).
Even when it comes to killing people, it often requires that you setup intricate traps or fully use the environment around you.
Only problem it has really is that some sections do feel a lot like a puzzle to be solved with obvious solutions spelled out for you, but the large open areas do make up for it.
I heavily recommend it, especially considering it even has a sequel.

It really doesn't look that great without mods. It requires pretty good specs because they are fucking retarded at optimizing shit (before some patches, there was actually 2 floors being rendered for some reason) and a few areas are terrible for your FPS.

It can indeed look better with mods, but last I checked modding tools for it ain't that great and considering how lacking the base game is, you're not gonna get anything better than a pretty loot-and-shoot game. If you like Diablo with guns (but no skills)…

Last I checked in thief, doesn't happen. They stay alerted forever, at least the competent guards. Dishonored does happen, though but it can take a while.
You're still failing at stealth and being punished for it by being driven back, instead of making progress with bullets\stabs. At the end of escaping, you're not closer to your goal while at the end of combat, you just got an empty room to explore and move at will.

They stop being stunned at the first strike. Unless you want to carry about 5 bombs per guard, it's not a very good strat.
Also doesn't work. They have good reach, movement and reflects. You're better off trying to parry but it's risky.
Doesn't work in the highest difficulties anyway that require killing no one and there's often far more guards that require far more arrows than you can carry around.

Food barely heals you, don't count on it.
Now I'll have to question what difficulty you play at because at the highest one, Garret does down in 3 strikes, the first 2 leaving him at death's door.

They follow noise and mass near you. First hitman had a mission in the jungle with a house where you could find some disguises. If you fired a weapon inside, you could expect almost the entire camp to rush in.

It's sorta fun, but it kinda feels railroaded. Like, you can't really see invisible walls much but you'll still know where the boundaries are and what road you're supposed to follow, etc. Stealth in it is still a crapshoot, despite the camo and the gunplay can be annoying since you're a one-man army against an actual army being shot from all over the place.
It's fun and all but not THAT mind-blowing.

Color me surprised.

I think it's kind of funny, really.

Also roll.

Circlestrafing and backpedaling worked really well for me, and I usually escaped without a scratch.
If I remember correctly, there was Normal, Hard and Expert, and I played on hard on most levels.
Flashbombs allow you to use blackjack and knock them out in 1 strike.
Running away doesn't get you closer, but it does allow you to get them to back off so you can try to infiltrate again.
Food barely does heal you but there's so much of it.
You don't kill every guard with arrows and you still can knock out a few with blackjack before you get spotted.
I never played Hitman 1 too much, only got to 3rd mission.

I don't like MOBAs and I don't want to talk about Fallout 4 but my defence of MOBA games was that most of the people shitting on them when they are clearly not interested in the game or genre just regurgitate what others said, which is very often false.

It's shit and so is your taste :/

IMAGE BOARDS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS GUYS, HOLY SHIT

Shit taste confirmed.

Finally. Rollan.

Rollin.

Looks like I won.

Yes?

I remember trying this and it really didn't work, what the fuck?
Regardless, the point is that combat in Thief sucks because it's not a main feature but rather a shitty backup in case everything else fails.
Are you sure? Playing on anything but normal makes you fail the moment you kill anyone.
Unless you're talking about Deadly Shadows, which is a different beast altogether.

Please don't do what any of these fags are saying and do stay on this board. It's very worrying that most people here can't point out the many flaws of an inherently broken genre without just parroting shit that's often not even true or at least debatable, instead of mentioning the actual bad points of it.
It's good to know that at least some people do care about why something is bad instead of simply that "it's bad so we never talk about it, lol"

Considering there's a fucking community around the board, yeah. It's annoying when some clowns come in, talk about their worthless games, and invite others like them to come in and do the same. It's the same reason my local FGC meetup went from a small Project M setup to dominating two-thirds of the
fucking room in about a year. You let the nu autists in, they take over, and the original autists become a minority.

rolling

Sounds like your FGC meetup is composed by a bunch of weak limp wristed faggots that can't handle competition or adversity at all.
I mean, for fuck's sake, it's a bunch of Project M autists, if you lose to that, what videogames did you even play? Super Street Felatio?

Or perhaps it's because you had a fucking stale community, like it happens with a lot of these, where only a small selection of videogames was allowed and when something new showed up, everyone was willing to try it because they were tired of the usual stuff.
Instead of bitching about it taking over, you should have had allowed it in early, let everyone try it for a bit and discuss how shit it actually is so people went back to real videogames instead. You know, like it should happen in Holla Forums

The only positive score is the profit it made them. Did it actually sold that well? I recall people bitching that it was basically just FO3 DLC all over again.

A lot of dumb fucks bought the season pass, so probably.

Flashbomb knockouts worked perfectly all the time for me.
If I recall correctly, in most levels of Thief Gold killing people did not fail the level, however I savescummed A LOT in Thief and used guides for most levels because wandering around with no idea where to go just got tiring fast. I have only done one run of Gold and 2 though.

Thank you, and I can say the same to you because I haven't had a discussion this good in a very long time, in years, maybe.
You remind me of another Holla Forums guy I know on Steam who does perfect playthroughs of Thief and other stealth games, you're clearly a knowledgeable guy and we need more like you and less (1) and done and sage [smug anime face.jpg] posters.

2013, bruv. We're all newfags here.

There's a reason why we would say you lost the game, but I suppose you weren't around for that, were you? :^)

I think the irony of using that picture to post is lost on you.

To expand on this; an unknown enemy is far less preferable to a known enemy. Caesar has no idea what waits in the rest of the US beyond geographical restrictions.

I did and then spoiled it for all the fags excited for it

This seems like a desperate move, but unless I missed the memo Fallout 4 sold really well, right?

Normalfags know nothing about culture, I never considered shitty internet jokes people made for fun culture until I realized normalfags are attentionwhores that never contribute anything and latch onto things like parasites and perverse it with cancer because they were born into a poisoned environment.

Seriously get out
The games market matured, over capitalised and then stagnated due to rising costs and shitty management.

This cycle happens every time. There is a good chance it will implode and have back to basics revival.

Under any socialism there would not even be a market and very good chance that wasting the peoples resources on frivolous past time that pollute the socialist mind would earn a bullet in the back of your head comrade.

The games market is more active than ever when it comes to the number of people playing them and putting money into them, can't see how it's stagnating aside from more crap churned out and buggy overhyped releases.
There's plenty of good indie and AA games released, why don't you play them? You aren't gonna expect the AAA market to be good are you?

If it's not top-down, turn-based combat, it's not really Fallout. Video related, the actual modern Fallout.

Creativity? Number of active genres?

it was always free

They're trying to sucker some late people in to buying it before they announce a GOTY edition.

Most genres are still active, just have games you might not like, diversify your game pool more and play more games, go out and look at what's new on Steam or something.

How utterly fucking hilarious that you think I don't already do that. Except what's coming out is complete dogshit either from incompetent faggots or has-beens.
Just like the fag before you who suggested fucking Tranny and Grim Dawn if I wanted to play RPGs, you also have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
I guess if I want squad based strategies like X-Com and JA2 I should play nucom, right?
I'm tired of retards who started video games with shit like ps2 telling me how good we have it now.

When playing the game becomes and endless search for mods.

ENGINE SPEED TIED TO FPS IN CY+2

Does the CBBE mod affect the female deathclaws one?

Ignore main story and limit side quests.
Stuff is so bad I felt insulted while playing.

Gunplay was made by same people who made Doom.
Running around shooting stuff in some skimpy outfit is only option to enjoy this game.
Settlement building would be good but you need a LOT of mods to make it good.

Yeah the gunplay is super great man, I'd recommend installing the Call of Chernobyl mod because it combines all 3 games as well as adds some difficulty and new weapons.