Is there a meaningful difference between "it's a simulation" and "it's an extended dream sequence constructed primarily...

Is there a meaningful difference between "it's a simulation" and "it's an extended dream sequence constructed primarily out of actual memories from someone else"?

One of the first things you hear after coming to is "it probably thought it was a dream, that nothing mattered," but it's more than implied that your choices did in fact matter. For one thing, if you exit via an escape pod before the Apex shows up you're branded a failure and thrown out. That's a choice mattering.

What you do inside the reconstruction matters deeply, because it decides how much the people watching you end up trusting you, and therefore decides whether you ultimately live or die.

It can also be said that your choices, level of empathy, and general interactions with the world during the events of the reconstruction mirror what your character will eventually end up doing with its newfound self-awareness in the future.

Is there a meaningful difference between doubles and triples?

One of the first things you hear after entering this thread is "check my dubs" but a lot of times people get triples or even quads. For one thing, any number of repeating digits contain at least one set of doubles. A quad is really just two doubles.

Whether you get doubles or triples matters deeply, because it decides how many people end up replying to your post, and therefore decides whether you ultimately live or die.

It can also be said that your dubs, trips, and quads mirror what the board will eventually end up doing with its newfound self-awareness in the future.

sage is not a downvote

how can anyone who completed this trash actually like this?

why do you have so much bile and vitriol for a game you haven't even played?

It's "Prey" only in name and everyone understands that outside of you and the small circle of people that you've convinced otherwise.

Instead of remaking a thread while typing less like a faggot you just double down.
Atleast none of us will ever be this gay.

Not in the world of the simulation. Saying that they matter because somebody is "judging" you for what you do is meaningless because you could have substituted any moral choice in and it would have made just as much sense.

Please die.

nothing you're saying makes sense to me

yeah you heard me

Because it has denuvo.

Daily reminder that the original Prey is a second rate Doom 3 clone which sold like shit. Boards were laughing their asses off at the indian shit, too.

Have they officially removed Denuvo yet?

Original Prey? I just looked on Steam and only see another Bethesda masterpiece, fellow 8cahnner. You must be confused.

No
It was all a dream and It was all a simulation are identical, not to mention that it makes all your decisions in the story null and fucking void as it boils down to kill or spare the fag in the end. Seriously, it all boils down to one fucking meaningful decision that affects the plot, an absolute disgrace, and along the lines of fucking life is tumblr.

What about the gameplay though? Is that good?

It's ass.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/
Shills need to leave now.

It's basically RE7 with bigger levels, 3d printers and less charm, most enemies are bulletspongy af, but are killable, gimmicky weapons and barely anything you could consider a puzzle.
It's free anyway, and I do, at times, have something which might be considered fun playing this, but it's honestly pretty mediocre, like it's predecessor, it's just that there hasn't been much interesting on PC recently.

baka

Can I mind control enemies in RE7 and/or summon minions from corpses i.e. necromancy?

I havn't tried any of the alien upgrades yet if that's what you're alluding to, been spending most of my neuromods on shit like hacking, moving really heavy boxes and medkits, even though I have 20 or so medkits in inventory and the only resource I really need is minerals.
Y'know, crafting is the new big minigame and such but there's not enough metal in the levels compared to how common it is in practically everything you want to make.

Leverage is useless, just use Recycler Charges to get past obstacles you'd otherwise have to lift.

You can also use Recycler charges to get rid of most hazards like radiation barrels.

You won't have any trouble with Mineral Material once you give in to the idea that turrets are useless and start recycling them. They're nothing but a hindrance later on anyway (Technopaths will just permahack them and you'll be fucked).

Hacking and Repair are literally the only Human mods you need to get past every obstacle in the game without issue.

No wonder you think the game is boring, you don't have any of the Typhon powers which are all genuinely fun AND you've wasted every neuromod you have so far on useless abilities.

You should get Mimicry and Kinetic Blast at least so you can enjoy throwing yourself around as various game objects.

Typhon Electric powers >>>>>>>>>> that shitty Stun Gun, plus they're AOE and can take out a Technopath *and* the turrets they have. At level 3 it instakills the flamethrowing engineer fuckers.

Necromancy is OP as fuck because the Phantoms you spawn have 5x the HP of other Phantoms, and they still drop typical Phantom loot on death (which usually consists of ammo).

If I were you, I'd recycle the shotgun and its rounds and get to the Golden Gun ASAP (go to the Bridge to figure out how to get it) and upgrade that because it's objectively better in every way. Shotgun is absolutely ass in comparison, and is ass in general because it falls prey to the "shotguns are only good at spitting distance" meme.

I don't wanna say you're playing the game wrong, but you've made some pretty dumb choices so far.

I'm pretty sure I'm not that far yet anyway, barely got to the crew quarters, killed a couple technopaths (the big flying rocks that spawn some kind of electricity shit) and a nightmare with just dodging and shooting it with bullets a lot, not that difficult, just very costly in ammo, and ofcourse I found out quickly after killing the nightmare is a complete waste of bullets and time.
Every enemy telegraphs their attacks so hard it's not hard to dodge anyway, and with medkits that heal for 300% I'm basically invincible as it is.

Kind of figured I'd stay away from alien mods because the robot tells you it will have dire consequences or some shit, but I guess it doesn't matter all that much so maybe I'll give them a shot, usually got like 5 spare neuromods because I'm a compulsive hoarder in games with inventory systems anyway.

That doesn't look particularly fun.

The two options at the end were "Become a race-traitor!" and "Kill them all!"
Where was the option where you pretend to integrate and be outraged by the barbarism of your race, meanwhile you're actually plotting to kill them all when they least expect it? Like a muslim.

The "dire consequence" is The Nightmare, and it's scripted to happen anyway.

Literally no reason to avoid alien neuromods.

what do you want me to do, go grab an actual gameplay video off of youtube? Fuck you.

You're not betraying your race by saying "I acknowledge your existence." At no point do you agree to help them, you're just saying "not gonna kill you right here and now"

I've been playing it recently and just got to life support. It's pretty much a bioshock clone made even easier with how you can fabricate as many neuromods as you want. Any wrong choices you've made don't matter since you can just make more and get something else. Game throws so much shit at you that if you bother to explore, any semblance of challenge vanishes within the first few hours.

I wouldn't ever dare to call the game difficult. But you can have fun without difficulty.

Leverage is great because throwing vending machines and other heavy items and the aliens is ridiculously effective

But so is just about everything else.

I got my share of "throw heavy shit at the enemy" in other physics games and was more interested in using Mimicry to find unique ways around the game environment.

Combat never hooked me in this game, but exploration was fantastic.

I had a girl do that shit to me irl once
The desire to just fucking stick my dick in her mouth was unbearable

Shit thread.
Dubium.

Literally everyone knows what sage does/doesn't do.