Looks like we finally have a release date.How bad do you think its gonna be?

Looks like we finally have a release date.How bad do you think its gonna be?

It's Ubisoft, right? How many layers of DRM is it going to have?

Denuvo.

There was also a new trailer uploaded yesterday

South Park was never funny, and you should shoot yourself if you actually think it is.

it was funny when i was 17

I think denuvo and the ubisoft online bullshit is confirmed. Another thing is how a lot of the people working on the game at ubisoft keep bitching about having to censor things in the game. Then there is also how retarded Matt and Trey have gotten over the years.

You have to buy it from Steam and log in with your Uplay account to authorise the Denuvo layer after using three factor authentication (mobile app and Mountain Dew verification can), but this is only after you've had your fecal sample authorised for Dorito dust by a licensed GameGoy Pathologist.

I thought the episode where they poked fun at family goy was hilarious but overall you're right.
There was some other eipsode where kyle called his mom a kike or something that I liked too.

How bad have they gotten? Other than having to rewrite an episode because they thought Shillary would win.

It's all just centrist bullshit and shitty political humor, or at least the 2015 season was. I didn't watch the season last year because the one in 2015 was just awful. They also tried to make an overarching plot that lasted longer than the previous established 3 episode max and went through the whole season. It's awful now, and I thought the first half of season 18 was pretty okay, but the drop in quality over just a season and a half is astounding.

I dont have the source on hand but Trey and Matt said they would stop making the show once their kids were old enough to understand it. That time has to be coming soon. For all the good and bad they have had a good run. Either stop while you are ahead or keep going and become another Simpsons.

Why does this series still exist?

It had its few moments, but most of the laughs had while watching it was due to novelty.

>18 fucking seasons
I can't imagine why anyone would watch more than one season, south park is a televised meme generator for grade school kids. It was airing when I was in grade school for crying out loud, and if you didn't get the "chef's salty chocolate balls" or towlie meme, you weren't with it. I remember the first exposure to the christmas turd where it summoned a tsunami of shit, and it was one of the least funny things I had ever seen. If I was having a seizure that forced me to laugh hysterically until I turn blue from lack of oxygen, south park would probably snap me out of it.

I think the only reason I watched so long was because of nostalgia because my cousins introduced me to it and we would watch it together when I was a lot younger. The only reason I saw the later seasons my friends would watch it when we hung out. It's extremely jewish humor and I'm finding I just don't like it anymore like a used to anymore. I go back to a couple episodes I find funny, which is like 3 in total and the rest I can't stand now. Also last season was the 20th season. I'm amazed that it hasn't been cancelled yet because the show's ratings aren't great, though granted they're better than anything else on Comedy Central.

I only watch it because I want to suck Kenny's dick.

If you watched SP you might have seen the Indiana Jones raping episode. If you watched it you understand what the rape metaphor was. There's an interview with Trey and Matt somewhere around 2013, discussing the episodes. They briefly said they felt that the Indiana Jones IP was raped by Lucas and Spiel and that they should've just ended the movies when the time was right. Later then said that they would never "touch the boys" (referring to South Park as a whole) and that would end the show rather than seeing it be morphed into a money printing machine. That episode was in SE12, we're at SE21 now. SP went from a show about 4 kids with the humor mainly focusing on them, to a show that panders to reddit and is full of political and cheap shock "humor".

Yeah, this last season was more about Cartman, and even then he was second banana to the election.

What is the appeal of these games ?

After season 6-8 they ran out of ideas and resorted to current events to stay relative, kinda like the simpsons. They also turned cartman into a right-wing, conservative pinata and Kyle into a "rational", black-as-paper center-leftist.

They're supposed to be RPGs but they lack the elements of what makes RPGs. Any class can wield any kind of weapon with efficiency, stats are mostly worthless and health potions up the wazoo.

So just the South Park logo ? The usual brand loyalty ?

Oh no, something isn't totally right or left winged therefore it's shit! Holy shit /lefty/kike or Holla Forumsedditor, there's a reason why people think your boards are the most easily trolled.

Political humor isn't funny no matter what, and being a fence-sitting faggot just makes you worse than anyone.

The first game was a novelty. Worth checking out simply because the show's creators were closely involved and as an adaptation of the show - it did pretty well. If you think the source material is shit, well garbage in, garbage out - but the process of reformatting a TV show to a game was as competent as I've ever seen it done.

But now that it's already been done, I don't see a point in a sequel.

That just sounds like you didn't have at least one friend to laugh at stupid shit. The movie was the height of the IP, but after that it all slid downhill.

Well you DID say that you didn't watch the 2016 series so…

Previous one was actually a fairly good game, and I say that as someone who isn't a south park fan. It's too easy, but the combat does the Paper Mario thing well.

Stick of Truth was alright, but with UPlay + Denuvo + Obsidian not the developer but a San Francisco (lol) studio + Ubisoft in general all factoring in to this sequel, no way am I touching this one. Fuck, probably not even going to be worth a pirate.

I imagine they went overtly liberal with drumpf shit. Am I on the right track?

That was actually somehow funny. Turmp is goldmine for jokes. If hillary would be president it would be cringe.

I know most people will probably get upset on here, but I actually agree. Trump has a lot of quirks, I think it's easy to make a caricature of him. There really isn't much to Hilary in my eyes, she's just a politician. In fact, most of the time comics just use Bill as a proxy to make jokes about her because he's a much funnier target. That being said, Trump has been in the limelight for years now, well before his presidency, so all the jokes that can be made kind of already have. I think that's why we see lazy stuff like just lampooning his appearance a lot. His mannerisms have been done to death.

no u

Except they did an entire season on PC culture and liberal hypocrisy, which resulted in the entire millennial generation that watched it to swear it off.

You don't know what you're talking about yet adding your two cents of criticism anyway.
You're a retard.

Faggots like you hate moderates because you lack the rhetoric to convince them over to your way of thinking, but are terrified of having them go over to the other side.

Moderation is a virtue, which was held by Greek Philosophers, which Augustus the greatest Roman emperor followed, which led to an empire which Hitler tried to build his Reich on.
^I had to say this because if I don't you will post a picture with an argument you didn't come up yourself, and don't fully understand, acting like that is 100% refutation of my point.