Where did all these fucking idiots bleating about self-moderating and trying to justify why they're (1) saging a thread...

Where did all these fucking idiots bleating about self-moderating and trying to justify why they're (1) saging a thread come from? You cocksuckers weren't here a week or two ago

Its summer

They've always been here retard, now get ready for 404.

Stop making shit threads.

"Summer" might've flown on 4chan but I sincerely doubt kiddies know about Holla Forums in comparison.

I did already see I got a slap-on-the-wrist ban and a bumplock but no 404 so I can appreciate Pewter actually knowing what the goddamned rule is on meta threads.

check user stats my nigga

Lel

2816 users on Holla Forums though I can't profess having paid attention to what the numbers were before whatever jump occurred. I know /waifuist/ got a jump of over a thousand "people" recently but last I recall that turned out to be the chased-off "young girls thread Holla Forums xD" types from back when the Dost test was being paraded around here and also a shit-ton of bot activity on top.

don't talk shit about mokou

Those mokou images are the most forced meme I've seen in a while, fuck off.

What is the complaint here exactly? Why aren't you reporting instead of making yet another meta thread

I do report and nothing happens because this board generally has one vol on at a time that moderates in fits and spurts. I'm not even going to get into any of the other hotpocketeering trappings.

There are no rules against what you mentioned in the op, bring it up in the next official meta thread if you want that changed.

No, that spot is taken by japanese undertale

Having the queue open in another tab while you jerk off isn't the same as checking it, you know.

Problem is you and I both know the rule probably won't change when Mark leaves a meta thread after maybe one or two posts and thus his job is done, and that's providing an official meta thread is actually forthcoming at any point. If there's been one within the past week or two I haven't seen it at all, there's no schedule to these things anymore and more often than not I just see Mark sanction one currently-running meta thread to be the official one.

Do you want hard moderation or do you want the freedom to talk shit?

We have neither.
Mods only delete and lock shit that triggers them individually.

Only if we make drive-by cocksucking illegal as well.

They aren't mutually exclusive. This thing could be hard-moderated while still leaving quite a lot of room to talk shit. Hell, I think the board's biggest problem is there simply aren't enough vols on at any one given time, seeing two doing stuff at the same time on the log is a rarity. There's a hell of a lot of ground to cover and vols generally aren't interested in moderating anything that doesn't appeal to them, so we might as well stop pretending that isn't the case and shove more vols on in the hopes their domains will cover a wider span of the board.

Being a (1) and done faggot isn't to be lauded, user. Bonus points if you happen to be complaining about (1) and done OPs at the time.

My offer still stands
If I'm not allowed to say something bad about something you like or your shit thread and then leave, you shouldn't be allowed to drop into a thread only to praise a specific game/person/hardware and leave for the next one, and neither should you make (1) and done template threads that are just a setup for you to do the above on a different IP.
Do I need to explain the problem with not being allowed to call shit out?

Yeah there's "calling shit out" and then there's being an obnoxious faggot who complains about template threads while leaving a "shit thread sage"-tier response and absolutely nothing being done on the part of the moderation to clean it the fuck up like the rules state will happen because they're not actually interested in enforcing their own rules. I don't care about seeing a negative reply, I care about seeing wastes of time, energy, bandwidth, eyesight and patience all over the place and nothing being done, all while this goddamned board mouthbreathes about quality posts and quality threads.

It doesn't leave room for shit talking because you want us to moderate (1)s, if people already falsely believe vols only delete things they don't like, what do you think is going to happen if moda subjectively apply a rule against (1)s?

The only shit talking we moderate is the extensive and disruptive kind, like spamming weebshit all over the board.

We're thinking different things when we refer to "hard moderation" then, I'm thinking less selective rule enforcement on a thread-by-thread basis, more vols in general so there isn't just one guy doing shit for about an hour or two and getting to stuff when he can, and maybe a wordfilter to fuck with people every now and again because the sheer amount of assmad you can harvest by banning the hottest new buzzword-of-the-month (ie "cuck") would be biblical and shake the board up in a good way.

What I'm wanting is harsher moderation on the aforementioned "shit thread sage" type posts on account of their being probably the laziest possible way to "call out" a thread on the face of the planet. Believe me I'd love harsher moderation in general but I'd want a cleanup of stuff like the total meandering mess the rules page is in the same stroke.

but they are cute

But there has been an increase in shit threads.

Why do you have a problem with users letting OP know that he's a faggot before reporting him? Others may learn from the example. If it's just one guy, why can't you ignore it? Why are you more asspained about a bad reply than a bad thread that pushed another off the board?
Should all moderation consist of quietly disappearing anons without anyone even knowing that it happened, or what it was for? Do you still have no idea what this, and deleting (1)s, but only negative ones, would lead to?
Board already has a problem with vocal autists and possible shills trying to force a consensus on things, as well as low quality users making more threads on average than people who think before they post, and now you want to make it look like nobody has a problem with it?

(you) know OP so much of (you)r issue would be solved if you listened to

We've had more generals, yes.

Because I don't have to bite the goddamned bait and the worst thing you could possibly do to a thread you deem unworthy is deny it attention period. You're still keeping the thread alive by responding to it at all and that sage was doubly wasted if you're doing it in the middle of an active thread that has no signs of stopping. Congratulations, retard, the thread's still up, and if it's still up two or three hours later then you've accomplished nothing but heap shit onto an in-progress thread.
I do by reporting and hiding, the problem is it's not one guy.
If it was on page 15 it's been dead for quite some time anyways, nowadays even up to weeks, and you really want to pull that "a perfectly good thread just got pushed off the board with THIS trash" card? You know what other boards do with bad threads? They turn them the fuck around and produce something interesting out of them instead of gathering in a sewing circle and announcing what a terrible thread it is. But in fairness Holla Forums simply does not have the mentality to support such practices.
Do you really think many people will be broken up by five posts along the lines of "great thread op" going missing in a thread? I'm not going to entertain your slippery-slope because I have absolutely no intention of moderation on such a subject going any further than as I've mentioned, enforcement of the existing rule on not shitting up a thread. I can't profess to having ever seen a one-off "this is a really great thread"-type post that wasn't being a dimwitted ass who just wanted to get a (1) in before reporting it, or probably not reporting it.
Sounds like Holla Forums to me/.
Like? I can't say I haven't noticed the exact pattern you're describing but it's a breath of fresh air in an increasingly slow board to see more tertiary threads or "low-effort" threads, especially when a multi-paragraph OP stands the same or lesser chances. The only real quality differential I notice in the recent wave of threads is a different mentality and starting with nowhere near as much information; being open-ended can let things develop in unexpected directions. At least it's not another goddamned general.
Don't skip over that part where I said I don't mind a negative opinion, I mind the text equivalent of somebody saying "I wasn't listening".

No

Grow thicker skin faggot. Filter what triggers you especially hard. That's not rocket science.