When people start trying to lecture me about how steam is is ruining pc gaming

when people start trying to lecture me about how steam is is ruining pc gaming

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/mix/games_w_potentially_telemetry
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I always pirate games that require their own hipster launcher. At least old-skool Steam was light-weight and ignorable.

Most of the time, games like this are shit and not worth playing anyway. Valve still sucks shit though.

Go suck kike cock somewhere else.

There is nothing wrong with steam.
It even has auto refunds for a while now.

Except it wasn't. It was always a steam(ing) pile of shit.

One day, we'll have DRM-free games where we can just download launchers of a site and done. But until that day happens, I'll keep pirating games.

Green Steam was one exe that I didn't even need to run to play the game.

Origin and all these other shitty clients are DRM clients that connect to an auth-server and must always run for the game to function. They also fill my drive with multiple gigs and thousands of files.

user please, it's not healthy. Also I don't think anyone who hates steam here can give a viable alternative to buy your games other than maybe GoG, and the rest will just say >buying games, so pay them no attention as they are just retards.

it was awful on launch, a few years later it was not as bad and the games were stupidly cheap so people started using it. now it's an ever growing bloated sack of shit.
the ol' bait and switch

you'd be shocked what you can install when you have more than 3 TB of hard drive space

i don't bother uninstalling shit.

It's not about space, it's about downloading all that awful malware-tier shit. I would uninstall all of it ASAP.

i'd hope it's a vm and he doesn't actually use windows 10

But it is? Finally having competition on the PC platform is a good thing for consumers rather than having to take all of Valve's bullshit.
Never buy a game directly from Steam. Always try somewhere else if possible. I recommend Green Man Gaming.

False Equivalence: The Thread

GOG Galaxy is entirely optional and the launchers themselves can be downloaded separately and are DRM free. Best way to actually buy games IMO.

GMG is the reason why I have some of these off the wall launchers like the playfire one

itch.io and jewbundle offer (some) drm free games and don't include a file that reports to their servers when you launch the game.
i still buy from gog anyway because at least i can run the games from a backup without jumping through any hoops.

Alright fag

GoG has begun to sell games that have telemetry built-in user.
gog.com/mix/games_w_potentially_telemetry

OP, being a massive faggot, fails to realize that Steam largely made the idea of having to download specific clients an accepted thing. All those EA, Ubisoft and so on stores only popped up because they saw that it was working for Valve. Having to log in to play a game was limited to MMOs and maybe a few multiplayer games in the past.

That's a Unity problem, not a GOG problem. Unity engine has built in telemetry. Most indie games are Unity, so either you get rid of your indie section or you begrudgingly take them.

He is talking about the galaxy thingy, for some "strange" reason, some gog games have a galaxy files that call to home, but at least you can search for the file and delete it.

That's pretty shitty of CDPR but they're still miles ahead of Steam, the service that used every single fucking trick in the book to avoid giving refunds for 10 years (and now, even when they do, you can't play it for more than 2 hours in a 24 hour period). What they did was blatantly illegal as well, but of course Valve is the good guy.

Noting of value would be lost.

Finally having competition for an invented problem that didn't used to exist to begin with. Fucking hell are you shortsighted or far too young to be speaking without adult supervision.

I like how none of those quotes besides the first one are true

I fail to see the problem.

>>>/facebook/

Speaking of which, funny thing, Humble Bundle purchases DO NOT COUNT as "Supporting charity" expenses that are deducted when you do your tax returns later on. They even list it on the site.

DRM existed before steam dumb ass. longing in to multiplayer games because they were online, WOW most games are online now.

god forbid gaming is talked about on Holla Forums .