Final Fantasy 14 Stormblood hype - 4x Fell Cleave Cause Fuck You Edition

Didn't see any other threads up, so here it is.

>WHM actually viable again please make it so
>Yda still best girl younger sister edition
>light farming confirmed for being annoying but not as annoying as unidentified objects or fucking umbrite

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vuAa0eFS
clips.twitch.tv/PleasantCaringPotCurseLit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty sure whm is going to end up being trash again since they seem to want to make it a pure healing class which is essentially useless. sch/ast will forever be the new meta and whm will be the casual class that you play during a 24 man when you feel like trolling with the new tether skill.

while on the one hand im inclined to share that level of pessimism, on the other, i want to wait and see what encounters they'll be doing in SB. depending on how they have fleshed out the changes in the combat system, we may see more encounters that fit the whm style of play than there were in HW.

there also might be some number tweaks regarding ast so as to bring them down a bit

but seriously, that pld skill at the end just screams "GET BEHIND ME"

Noticed the one skill shown seemed like a pull to their side. I can see it used for good and evil.

I'm hoping SE does something about our mana management. It's bs that Ast and Sch can ignore it while Whm can easily get fucked by it. Acc and Parry got removed from the game iirc. Acc is now another stat that gives bonus damage and parry is another stat that does bonus damage and damage resistance. I'd be worried that Whms will troll in pvp with that new pull ability, but it looks like pvp is being changed so that only pvp abilities can be used.

Blm is looking good, but that Bahamut summon has caught my eye. I really look forward to what Smn brings to the table in terms of their other abilities. Smn has great aoe burst, but their limp dicked afterwards for a minute and the pet nuke is on a 3 min cd. Blm may still have them beat.

Thank goodness the meme is gone. Fuck those cunts who tried to take over Brd in HW and make it something totally different. Mch can stay a caster imo, because it was built around it. Brd was not built to be a caster and its playstyle was fucked because of it.

Pld is looking good. I'm hoping that Sword Spin was placed at a lower level. I'm really fucking tired of not having any sort of passable aoe damage for most of the game. Circle of Shit sucks and the cd was a retarded decision when Plds had an aoe attack back in 1.0.

That did look cool. I wonder if it places a damage resistance aoe behind or around the Pld?

What? They actually said they're gonna focus it on pure healing. Which is already it's focus and why it's shit compared to the others.
Also

I can see the dumbing down of combat already. WoW status here we come.

check'd.

maybe. im inclined to wait and see, because as things are now, most classes are full on hotkeys that can be reasonably accessed without special mice/keyboards. thats part of the reason for the condensing of skills. if they stay at about the number of skills they have now, plus or minus 2-3, then i wouldnt call that "dumbing down." we'll see though.

thats what it looked like to me. an aoe damage shield with the pld adding dmg resistance to everyone behind. pretty friggin cool tbh.

How hard of a time will I have if I want to solo/duo this game? Wasn't interested until I saw RDM, oh baby.

check'd

whole game is solo-able. although you have to do some 4 and 8-man stuff for story reasons, you can solo queue into the dungeon finder and get a group within minutes or instantly if you're a tank or use the cross server party finder to set up you're own group. people are inclined to help newbies because it comes with a bonus. just stay open minded and be ready to take advice if you're having trouble and you'll get through content in no time.

Nigger all you have to do is copypaste pastebin.com/vuAa0eFS and change the relevant bracketed info. If you can't be bothered to do something that easy then let someone else make the thread.

WHM HAS LIFE GRIP
A WHOLE NEW WORLD OF ENDLESS FUCKING GRIEFING HAHAHAHAHAAHAH

go fuck yourself.

yoshi confirmed pld for being able to block magic attacks too. pld relevant now?

i love how the example was a whm pulling a blm out of ley lines, then the blm porting right back to it. this will be the new meta.

It's been posted multiple times. Alternatively, you could have just copypasted the old thread. Oh, wait
You're one of those niggers
I didn't bitch the first time because shit happens, but the second time in a row I get home after the thread hits 13 and some nigger throws up another thread with all the info missing so that I can't you bet I'm gonna call you out

I'm already envisioning the memes

We both know the way it's gonna really go is

oh god thatll be glorious.

some info here, apparently confirmed by Yoshida. explanation starts around 5:10.

I'm checking the leddit thread with the tooltip translations and hot damn there is some great shit for BLM

bout damn time. wonder what the CD will be? it's something BLM has sorely needed for some time now.

As a PLD I'm very happy with what I've learned today.

Triggered

I'm really hoping this works. They gave PLD all of the mitigation in the past in exchange for shit dps and it completely blew up in their faces.

I thought someone said 90seconds, but that may have just been speculation.

It depends on how they build future encounters. If the incoming damage remains really high, then PLD will be in a fantastic spot. If Yoshi pushes the same shit with all of those dps checks, then PLD can easily end up back in the shitter.

Playable Viera when?

Never ever.

remember, it's not just for pld, it's for everyone standing behind the pld too. and supposedly it's set at 15%, according to the live letter, so that's almost a level 1 tank LB pretty much on demand. considering an expanded Bole card is 10% across the raid, that gives pld better raid-wide dmg mitigation than an ast can do without the RNG. granted ast has more flexibility in terms of applying it across the whole raid regardless of positioning outside of normal range limitations that is but given that it'll probably stack with Sacred Soil, you're looking at ~18% raid-wide damage reduction on demand for any big things that come.

and yeah, Bole will probably stack with it too, meaning probably ~25ish% raid-wide dmg reduction, which kinda screws over whm again, unless whm either makes up for it in dps, or they just have so much non-mitigatable things flying that you need the raw healing.

whm is looking increasingly like it's going to be the troll heal class

I've been leveling up Gladiator (just got Paladin a few days ago) and Marauder, which is at level 28. Quests at this point don't seem to do nearly as much for gaining levels as they used to. Should I just be spamming duty finder for dungeons?

While we're at it, is it worth it to do the Duty Roulette more than once? Since I'm leveling tanks I always seem to have the Adventurer in Need bonus ready, I'm just not sure if that winds up being more XP overall than just running Thousand Maws over and over again.

Speaking of, when the hell is the next dungeon because Thousand Maws is boring as fucking hell.

lvl 28 you get haukke manor as part of the MSQ

The next dungeon is Haukke Manor, which you unlock at level 28 as part of the Main Story Quest. So you should already have it unlocked, or be close to doing so. After that it's Brayflox's Longstomp at 32, with a new dungeon about every three levels.

it's also helpful to get one class to the cap before you hardcore level the other classes, because by doing so you unlock a passive xp increase to all other classes based on how low they are relative to your highest class.

FATE's are also solid, if you put up a group in party finder, or you can try deep dungeon (but if it's your first playthrough i would avoid DD, just because you end up getting skills before you would normally get them via regular progression).

Every MCH I know hated it too. Hit 52, job is suddenly completely different. So happy it's gone.

This is true regardless of whether you're at cap or not. If your highest class/job is 40 your other jobs will get bonus XP until they catch up.

Bravo Yoshi, glad we didn't get a third job because of this shit. Wonder what the hell the "triple the budget" actually went to.

I'm pretty sure PLD received a bunch of attacks and like 1 mitigation skill. Particularly notable is an AoE attack, and attack where the PLD aims his swords heavenward and then strike the enemy with lightning and a small, single target Holy. I think the only real new damage mitigation skill is the Blue wing skill.

Replied to the wrong post, I'm guessing, but for my own two cents I'm surprisingly hyped for PLD.

Was ment for

bout damn time. only took them 2 expansions. im pretty hyped for everything in general, but im a little concerned about war. initial impressions seem to indicate that bloodbath is now a melee dps role skill and not a warrior skill anymore. if they kill off my nearly-immortal-in-solo-content warrior i'll be a bit miffed. 6x fell cleave is great, but not as great as 6x fell cleave that heals you for thousands of life.

Why won't you ever learn?

3 hot bars full just for some of mch skills already another set of new skills added nah fuck you mate. the only dumbing down happening is pvp, most of your are doing now at lvl 60 will pretty much be doing the same at 70 but with a different coat with flasher moves.

also the free movement on brd and mch is now making me just go fuck it lvl up mch to 70 then get rdm to 70 cause that quick casting does peak my fancy. if i don't like mch at 70 and end up liking rdm oh well can always have the other for shits and giggles

I don't raid, so as long as they make it actually fun to play I'm happy.

Great!
I am aroused, but sickened at the same time.

eh ok

Not flashy enough in my opinion. I'll still use it anyway.

The fuck?

The monk ability just clicked for me. It makes Skill Speed potentially useful. If you have periods of increased DPS but lower attack speed it decreases the drain on your TP.

That also reminds me. When you activated whatever the fuck that skill is that gives you chakra stacks upon skill usage in your party, you pretty much get fed a "free" purification without needing to charge up manually.

you wot m8? nin confirmed for summoning the avatar of kek.

but seriously, that mudra chain they can do looks pretty tight.

i think you have the right of it user. it sounds like something you would want to do during a limited time burn phase, where high damage per hit plus access to high damage skills more often is more important than a greater number of GCD attacks.

I LOVE FINAL FANTASY

I'm not used to altruism in an MMO like this.

For all i know they probably offer to skip scenarios as well, prepare for alot of shit players in stormblood and kick them out of dungeon and raid runs

They were talking about items to allow players to skip the main questline up to certain points, but they're fucking outrageously prices to the point that I say if anyone honestly wastes their dosh on something like that, they deserve to get kicked.

I just wished for once Squeenix would ignore the cancer crying in droves for muh level boosters, they'll have profits for sure but fuck the people buying the level boosters. Other than that, the new job actions are pretty good so far, not sure about thunder 1 automatically replaced by thunder 3 as i tend to use the former for its short cast time then the latter when thunder dmg procs.

I mean, I get it, but I also get it from a business perspective. The way WoW is fucking up, they're basically taking the chance to rake in as many new players as humanly possible. If it fucks up WoW for good, I don't entirely care.

I mean sure if you're a poorfag maybe. Compared to the amount of hours it takes to get a class to 60, $25 is nothing.

I'm new so I've been looking over the general changes coming for Stormblood. The specific class changes don't mean a great deal to me since I don't really know 90% of the skills they're talking about, even for classes I have some levels in.

1) Cross-class skills are out entirely, and instead every class in any given role has the same set of role skills to choose from in place of cross-class skills?

2) Jobs no longer require you to level a subclass? So I guess they're only reliant now on the main class level?

3) Spells with direct numerical upgrades now replace each other instead of occupying different slots, and level sync appropriately.

4) Piety, parry, and accuracy are being reworked or removed entirely.

Anything else in the general gameplay level that I should be aware of?

closer to 50 total user, because the level boost potion doesn't do the same thing as the MSQ skip potion. so you need two potions just to do end game content, and that doesn't beat stormblood for you.

granted, a level skip potion and quest skip potion is still bullshit in my eyes, but at least the people who would do this will have to pay 2-3 months sub just to get it. which is about the time it would take normally anyway.

yeah, basically.

i dont think classes have been changed; you'll still start as gld/mrd/thm etc. i didnt see anything in the LL talking about how classes were being removed, just there's been talk that the class system is going to be phased out.

yup

yup, with some other stuff being added in as secondary stats. technically, piety will now be a secondary stat too, as opposed to a primary stat, but acc and parry are being removed. accuracy is set at 100% for people facing an identical level target from the front, 110 from the flank, and 120 from behind.

acc is being turn into Mini crit stat as well as everyone being able to 100% enemies your level so old rule applies don't fight shit higher level kinda of shit misses. that crit stat also stacks with your normal crit and its inbetween normal dmg and a crit dmg.
the tank is getting a stat that allows them to tank less dmg and deal more dmg
Str stat for tanks is making a comback but the shitty thing is accessories are getting role locked now.

Was anything ever mentioned about the job crystal requirements being changed? Will it still require two leveled classes to unlock a job crystal or does it just require the one class that is getting the crystal. For example, Paladin requires 30 Gladiator and 15 Conjurer. Would that still be the same or will it just require the 30 Gladiator?

rip pvp healers. They're going to get one-shotted now if something else doesn't change.

i havent heard of any changes about job unlock reqs. maybe more info will come out, but for now i'd say thanks aren't changing.

honestly im torn about this. on the one hand, yeah, it's needed, and nothing stops healers from slotting vit in accessory slots regardless, because as it stands now a 2v2 with a healer on one side but no healer on the other is impossible for the non-healer side, simply because you won't be able to burst that healer down, ever. in mass pvp this is less of an issue, since any healer that gets caught out in frontlines will get destroyed anyway.

but then again, pvp in general needs to be revamped to a big degree, and ive seen how quickly low vit healers crumble. they need to find a happy medium. maybe make more baseline vit on pvp gear or something.

as a side bonus/detriment, you can no longer use off-role accessories to fudge the level reqs of an instance. if you want to run dps but you're ilvl is 304 instead of the necessary 305, you can't toss on your level 320 tank ring to put you over the top. but then again, you won't see people who clearly shouldnt be in an instance on a job fudging things because they slotted their melee dps accessories onto their tank or some shit.

dont you mean heavensward? or have you never played this game?

doesn't matter for pvp everyone has a set amount of hp and such now in pvp

Has anyone gone full goy with an expansion collector's edition before? They seem pricey.

its like you guys didn't even watch the stream

WoWfags shitting up the FFXIV threads are common.

Well what can you expect when FFXIV is becoming the next WoW.:^)

Oh my, you got me. Did you know the sky is blue and it's the current year? What other random facts should we discuss user? Did you know you have 6 posts? Truly shocking.

I pray there will be some obvious sign showing when the potion is used. All the points Yoshi made for them just amount to being a normalfag and having shitty friends or a horrible FC. I'm mad as fuck about this, this shit is only going to drop the quality of the playerbase even further.

Triggered.

WEW LADDIE, the wowfags certainly are here and I'm talking to one.

It's okay user, everyone talks to themselves sometimes. It's healthy.

No amount of smug anime grils will shield you from the basic truth. You should be trying to voice your opinion to the devs instead of defending your choice of company. That is how WoW fell.

Don't blame him user, it's probably his first MMO.

Actually pic related was. I got vampire tiddies, so I was satisfied.

Your opinion on the subject is worthless.

Oh user, I'm so sorry. It's no shock you're retarded.

1v1 my PLD nerds.They'll be offering boosters and questline skips so you'll be able to catch up quick.

Not a huge surprise, normalfags and leddit frequent this thread.

no, i watched it. i just forgot what they said about pvp because pvp is this game is shit so i rarely touch it and pay even less attention to it

also bullying the plebs that use this shit. they should stick out like sore thumbs to any veteran.

Are they dealing with this utter laziness over on Holla Forums too?

They've been saying they're gonna improve PvP since before HW user.

You know you should at least have a proper argument when spamming your smug anime girls. You are becoming a stereotype.

It's painful how obviously new you two are, but I had some fun before work. Thanks.

I'm sure he's the type of retard that is still waiting for dogfighting in WoW since WotLK.

And this is the type of person defending level and scenario skipping potions. Let that sink in.

Take your ADD back from wherever you came from sir.

see

So not only are you normalfag scum, you are also lying normalfag scum. You really are worthless.

I was referring to limit breaks and melee limit breaks in particular. You need 10k to survive it and the the random damage they would hit you with before or afterwards.

I don't see where he defended potion skips, but all three of you seem equally retarded.

Job unlock requirements are changing. Only need the main class at 30, no second class at 15.

do i think potion skips are retarded yes
but I also think they are needed. getting new players into this game is hard enough once they start having to do MSQ they get turn off form the game pretty quickily. getting them straight to 60 is pretty bad thou lvl 50 would be more where I would want new players to start from.
I mean at most only time you'll ever interact with these losers are 24 mans and random dungeons outside of those you should be running Linkshell farms and with your fc. those bad players still won't get shit down even with echo bonus

This kills the MMO

considering the story is the biggest part of the game I really dont understand why you would wanna skip it. In WoW all teh quest text and story and shit is completely irrelevant but in XIV if you just skip to level 50 you wont have any fucking clue what the fuck is going on.
just give them a 15% exp ring and tell em to just do the main story quests if they really dont wanna side quest.

Players already get a 30% EXP ring a few quests into the game. I mean, sure, it's only effective up to level 30, but still.

It's bad enough that through normal fucking around you can end up high level then have to grind through literally hundreds of shitty story quests to get to end game. If the story was above Spanish soap opera with dragons tier it might be worth it but you seriously just have to sit through dozens upon dozens of stupid fetch quests and "go here talk to guy then do fetch quests then talk to more guys then do dungeon" formulaic garbage.

If anything should be skipped it's the quests, EXP gain is actually pretty good right now in my opinion. just give an option to do a DPS check quest to skip like 50 quests or something and unlock all the cutscenes in the viewer for people who really give a shit.

I wouldn't wish the 100 quest grind from the end of ARR on anyone.

Good goys want to jump to the skinner box. Fuck that old content. That shit is gay.

I just beat Titan and now I'm spam queueing the dungeon; why is his theme so smooth?

It's rock.

The msq is beyond bloated for all of the arr content. The level skip potion is pointless as it's already really easy to level in this game. The msq skip potion is bs and laziness on SE's part. They should have cut down all of the sidequest fat rather than go for more shekels.

I'm sure a bit of the hw fat can be cut, but I don't remember it being that bad. The arr fetch quest spam was pure cancer though.

There are some gems here and there, but a lot of them need to be cut from the msq. It was okay to do them when we were still in arr, but that isn't going to fly now. I'm not saying to remove them completely, but to make them separate sidequests instead for those who want more lore.

It was tedious back then, but manageable. It doesn't work now at all. The msq skip potion is the lazy option. The +40 inventory slots is the lazy option as well when a glamour log, tackle box, etc. would take care of most of the space issues. The only reason I see Yoshi avoiding them is to continue bringing in retainer money.

What is a themepark mmo. This game and just about every mmo post wow has gone themepark. I still remember when mmos that sprang up during and before wow started shitting all over their playerbase in order to cater to the wow crowd.

That's fantastic.

shit game, shit expac, why does anyone play this garbage

This is similar to what happened to WoW. As if PotD doesn't make players a freaking noob, now you can reach level 60 without learning any of the job rotation

yeah, most likely. that's why it's up to us to bully the shit out of them until they either git gud or git out.

loud public outcry against the idea may also change SE's mind, or at least keep it limited like it's planned to be up until 4.1.

Please tell me that's a joke

They'll end up making it unlimited eventually.

Another year of this then.

bads are gonna be bad whether the level thru FATES, PotD, the potion or slowly like everyone else back in the day.

This will just make it more obvious who as more money than time and will treat this game just like wow

Why do peoples think this is somehow a great retort for allowing P2W garbage?
When peoples are at max level, I expect them to be the best at their job, not a fucking scrub trying to learn Fire IV or stance dancing. SE can do this better like giving exp boost to speed up the leveling while giving the player time to learn their rotation, what works and whats not. Instead they go "Boom, you're level 60 now, go do this end game dungeon and ruin everybody lives by wiping 100 times". Nobody want to hand hold you when doing endgame dungeon. Aurum Vale is the ultimate casual filter but now scrub player wont bother doing it.

Have you played since POTD came out

POTD is fucking cancer I had a healer a few days ago in Balsar's Wall and holy shit fighting the griffin was pain. The healer would constantly look at him when he was doing flash bomb and died to the AOE after that like five times before he finally understood to not fucking look at him when he does that.

I've always felt that the job quest was where the people had to really learn their class or fail over and over again.
Now that I think about it they might just go to dungeons anyway while missing half their skills with no fucks given.

Yeah the DRG job quests all had instanced fights that took knowing what to do to get through. One in particular I remember requiring cross class skills since DRG had no way to heal at all at that point. MNK and BLM though I don't remember having any issues with though.

And now we get to enjoy them dragging people down on 60+ content. The lack of foresight in this thread is staggering. At least the PotD/kinna weapons were a good indicator that the player is a shitter but now we get kinna players AND p2drag down your pt.

That's enough of this game for now.

seal rock does weird things to people's brains.

all classes are viable you retarded cucks, you can even bring them to speed kills and do fine.

That's the norm for any mmo

You act as if this is your first mmo. Most of the people that play this game and even those that complain are retarded to some degree.

That's also why it's best to play with a group of friends rather than pug it. If players can't handle the pug life, then they need to find friends or gtfo.

Your mistake was thinking ff14 pvp is actually focused on pvp in frontlines. If you end up on a team of 1v1ers then you're going to have a bad time unless you get a premade on your side that can roll the other groups.

So let's add more garbage to exacerbate the problem! When we ignored problems before it never blew up into a huge cluster fuck!

Haven't these potions already been the Norm on all the Asian servers are they fucked?

That one slide tells me they didn't think of the long term effects of adding this potion to the western market. The western playerbase and the eastern playerbase is vastly different. Enjoy this picture being the sad reality yet again when doing ARR and HW EX fights in the pf.

I dunno how im supposed to prove it then
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

She blew up because she got the hate and attention she craved. Dont enable the next professional victim that comes along. Ignoring is the correct choice.

I was mostly shitposting but you have to admit that in any MMO there will be "the best" setup in a party/raid situation. That said, every class can beat a fight if the player is competent enough but when you are talking about speed, then there will never be a such thing as balance without homogenizing the entire game and who the fuck wants that?

I dont want them to homogenize the game, which is unfortunate since a lot of these changes for stormblood seem to be intended to do just that. people complain about whm/pld/mnk not being meta but they're perfectly fine up until the top 99% of clears. knowing your class, knowing the encounter, and being respectably geared is like 95% of someone doing well, not class.

I blame the sudden speed clear meme that the west has fallen into. If the average normalfag can't be dragged through the fight in under 10 minutes and skip every mechanic then the pt is garbage, no exception.

even on "speed" clears, unless you're pushing for a record, class is still mostly irrelevant

Okay, I am actually interested in playing a Samurai.
I don't know what I expected, but it's not that.
I guess this was to be expected.
After watching a 12 minute video of characters doing their attack animations, I'm not sure if I want to get Stormblood or not, not sure if I want to get back into this game.

FF14 seems like the best MMO on the market, but the best of mediocrity doesn't make it necessarily good. Am I simply expecting too much from the smallest genre?

I wouldn't say that. A blm, brd, war, and sch will clear Gubal HM a hell of a lot faster than a brd, mnk, pld, and whm when both parties are played on an even level. When the game asks you to farm a shit ton of umbrite for your relic then the average western player will be upset if they are stuck in the second pt rather than the first one. Because of that situation the player is forced to either farm using a job that is more suited for the job or suck it up and do their best. Normally there isn't a problem with that but even you see how the devs are trying to fix this non problem. I hate the average western "gamur".

you don't get rid of cockroaches by ignoring them user. you get rid of them by exposing their hiding places and purging the area.

id say play it for the story and for the fact that the dev team seems to be constantly learning from their mistakes and making the game better as time goes on, bit by bit for the most part anyway; see: zurvan EX

also more yugiri and not-yda are always good things.

Why play through the story when you can skip it. Here's the story, give SE 25 dollars so you can start farming tombstones. :^)

Naruto lifts heavily from Japanese mythology. Jiraiya didn't originate with that show.

Why not just give it a shot when the expansion comes out by trying the free trial. I'm not sure if it's still locked to 14 days or if it's unlimited now. The game is story heavy because it's a fucking final fantasy game so take that into account when playing. To this day I will never understand why someone wants to skip the story in a fucking rpg, it boggles my fucking mind.

Free trial is unlimited, still level capped at 35.

Even better, he can play it now and witness the horrors of server queues when 4.0 launches!

I can't understand how can you guys play this game. Shit servers, shit community which consists of absolute shitters and spergs with nothing in between. And you're paying money for that.

You can say that about any video game made in the last 5 years with online play, kek.

I have an account already, but I let my game time expire. My character is an Au Ra Monk.

2.5 second GCD and button presses not registering? Or ping directly influencing how much dps you do? Getting hit by aoes even though you're out of the cone?

If you want to play it cheap then go to a local walmart/cosco/ukshitchainstore and head to the electronic section. Dig through the discounted shit they are trying to get rid of. Felt real fucking good finding some 60 day time cards for five american dollery doos.

Need I go on? Besides,

user, people have been complaining about the aoes since the release of the game. I don't know what happens in those games you mentioned, but if I press carve and spit during gcd 5 times and it doesn't register, that's a problem.

wut

I've never seen a game time card discounted ever, are you teasing me?

You could hear yoshi or the guy next to him mention Naruto when they used the skill. It's clearly a Naruto reference.

You have to rely on the stupidity of the workers. The place I got that deal was more or less ran by niggers.

Yeah. The problem is your are dc'ing dipshit, kek.

Yeah, you're the perfect example of game's cancerous community, just insulting someone during normal talk. And people actually pay to deal with shit servers and anime posting spergs. At least my sub is out in a few days and I'll be done with you shitheads forever.

You seem upset, are you okay? Have you taken your medication today?

Don't you understand, if he blows up small issues in the past that were corrected then he obviously has SOME merit to his ramblings! Hell, I would have even given him an inch if he mentioned the server move to commieforina but he's just another low effort shitposter with way too many holes in his shitpost.

Can someone answer some of my questions regarding Stormblood?

Will there be there Jump Potions?

Are they improving the glamour system?

Are they actually pruning abilities for more fluid rotations?

Is the housing/apartments scene still a cluster fuck?

What are some important things I should know going into this expansion? I only reached level 60 and didn't get much further than flight in each Heavensward.

Yes.
Don't know.
Yes, plus special UI for each job.
Yes, but now it will be an asian themed cluster fuck.
Get gear to unlock Weeping City. Farm gear from there. Then unlock Dun scalia and farm 260 gear. Use the tokens you get from those two and Void Arc to upgrade your 260 gear you get from spending tombstones of scriptures. Also, spend that shit and don't let it cap.

I saw the special UI. Are there going to be awkward abilities removed though or are they all staying and adding even more to our hotbars?

Do I need gear going into Stormblood? I don't really want to jump back into the game until the expansion hits. Got pretty bored of it.

Hi guys, quick question.
Is "super RP-ing" really a thing? I've heard tales of WHM not doing DPS because they are RPing as a conscientious objector, and BRD not doing songs because they had strep throat. Is ridiculous crap like that really true?

Some skills are just getting the boot while others are being rolled into existing skills.
What am I, a fucking seer? If they followed the same quest trends from HW then probably not, but it will be an uphill fight without it.

Only Balmung shitters. They are universally hated for a reason.

Thank goodness. I thought this was somewhat of a big thing.

I'm on Balmung and literally never see this. If it happens, it's trolls using RP as an excuse.

You need an average item level of 230 to be able to do the Baelsar's Wall dungeon, which is the last dungeon required for the Heavensward MSQ. Getting that level of gear is just a matter of farming lore/pvp gear, which shouldn't take too long. Scripture gear is 260, so any of that you can get along the way will get you there more quickly if you're only looking to get the bare minimum.

only time I've ever had that happen was a Dark Knight refusing to use Darkside as he was a "Light" Knight, apart from that most of the rp shitters stick to there own servers and pre made groups.

Isn't that just a paladin?

I've seen plenty of healers refusing to dps but most of them just say I gotta focus on healing or it isn't my job nothing to do with rp bulshit. It's the most enraging thing to see everyone fighting stuff and a scholar just standing there doing squat.

Is Baelsar's Wall required for Stormblood?

Yes.

Can Jump potions be used to pass it up? I don't want to have to slog through Heavensward's MSQ bullshit and hour long queues to get shit done.

Again, why is this even a retort?
How about you kill yourself

Consider suicide first.

Fuck you guys. I'm not slogging through one of the worst MMO story lines and suffering through hour long queues (that frequently fuck up because fags can't follow basic mechanics) just so I can get a chance to play new content that's relevant.

Are you new to video games? Is this your first MMO by any chance?

Nice. Now if I could just get my FC to party up for Castrum Meridianum I might be able to plow through the 2.x shit in time for my copy of Stormblood to arrive from Amazon.

There won't be jump potions that skip Stormblood's MSQ so you might as well get used to it.

Ah, that settles my earlier dilemna about whether to play again or not.

You can't be fucking serious.

These are the kinda people that level skipping options bring to the game.

Nigger Heavensward is literally one of the most Final Fantasy stories the series has had in fucking years. If anything it goes to show how sad the mainline series is if an MMO surpasses it.

The injection of dragon eyes everywhere was pretty fucking hackneyed.

I'd say be a healer and it's guaranteed < 10 min queue time.
However, I see that your enjoyment would be quite stunted while playing FFXIV. Please go back to Guild Wars 2 where W+Autoattack works on every single thing.

Ignore my mistake I meant to wipe the name field. Pretend like the name didn't exist.

I have used up any luck i needed in stormblood or ever again holy fucking shit

well he could want to play DPS, I mean 3 hour queues aren't that bad, he should feel lucky for it to only be 4 hours. If the queue is less than 5 hours for any dungeon as a DPS you're lucky. Fucking whining casuals complaining about 6 hour queues. In my day we were lucky to have a 7 hour queue.

STORMBLOOD DPS QUEUES: Coming Soon

yeah i ain't winning shit in stormblood now. but it was worth it.

>This happens clips.twitch.tv/PleasantCaringPotCurseLit
I really wish I could have a group to raid with tbh.

bls no
Also, is there a confirmed price for the expansion so far?

The idea that adding more tank classes makes more of the population play tanks is an idea that seems flawed in my head.
Tanks are just a different species of players and most people who tried DK from what I've seen were people who already played tanks before.

Tank class is harder than dps and healer because when you fuck up, the whole party wipes. Its easy to notice that you're a bad tank while dps can hide their incompetence from average player that dont have parser. Healer can pretty much spam cure all day and think he's doing a good job as long as nobody die. Tank have to know every mechanic of the fight, know how to do crowd control and maintain agrro. Failing any one of these and you gonna get shit on even if your party a fucking retard.
If you want to be a tank, you have to be better than subpar because there is no way to hide how scrub you are.

Eh? It's been up for preorder for ages now. $40 for standard edition.

So, to sum up…

Whm/Mnk/Pld probably still suck along with lolbrd, War is losing inner beast healing and fell cleave nerf, inventory is still fucked from jewry, no new race and the already simple combat system is being even FURTHER dumbed down. And crafting is probably still fucking atrocious as usual thanks to the aforementioned inventory niggery.

Great triple triad, Yoshi. Look forward to me shitting on your game next month.

They pretty much said this is why they're not adding a new tank or healer to the game.

which I'm almost 100% certain they're pulling out of their asses.
At least new classes you have a little bleed to try to negate Ninja Queues 4.0 that stormblood is gonna be.

As a tank player, I agree. I think we're fine with the tanks we have now. At first I thought Samurai could be a tank class, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense for us to stick to the number of tanks we have now.

He's a laid back guy but his reasoning is flawed as fuck. Are they not adding a new whatever to the game because they saw the jp and corean market? I know the west is second class citizens when it comes to this game but if his thought process was similar to how we got these normalfag potions then another tank might be needed.

What the absolute fuck were they thinking when they made machinist?

They were hoping players would git gud

Nah fuck that. I want more classes to play. You can use the same argument to not add anymore classes to the game. It'd be boring as shit if for the rest of the time the game is alive we're just stuck with 3 tanks/healers.

No their argument for being lazy and not adding a tank and healer was because they said they needed to re-balance the current ones first. Which they didn't seem to do at all. So bravo SE.

Then play DPS. We have enough tanks.

We shouldn't add more DPS, we have enough DPS. :^)

I'm not saying add more DPS. I'm just saying if you want to play more classes, play DPS.
This being said, if we don't get at least 1 tank, 1 healer, and 1 DPS along with Viera race next expansion, I'll be upset.

When I said that I meant I wanna play more tanks/healers classes. Now I'm shit out of luck, stuck with the same 3 healers/tanks for another 2-3 years.

His point was short-term vs. long-term. DPS queues will be bad for a few months tops and then go back to normal. Trying to bait more people into playing a tank or healer by adding more of them doesn't work long-term, any more than adding only new DPS will affect queues long-term.

I've just beaten nidhogg and saved estinien, how much further am I on getting up to date with the story?

About 10 hours worth of story left

That has to be the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.

i hate the warrior circlejerk but that doesn't stop the class from being fun

except that's easily disproved by the ninja update, that shit was horrible for a year before it recovered and even then it was still worse off.

So pointless clone classes are an attempt to increase player skill?

Technically vidya as a concept is pointless.

MCH boosts Physical damage, BRD boosts magic

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ABOUT JUMP POTIONS
SON OF A BITCH GIVE ME A FUCKING LEGIT SOURCE, NOT BULLSHIT HE SAID SHE SAID RUMOURS AND NEBULOUS UNFINDABLE QUOTES
IM ABOUT TO POP SEVERAL FUCKING VESSELS HERE

Sorry user. If you don't think this is legit go watch the latest live letter yourself.

SIXTY NIGGERS

Whoops posted the wrong one. That's the story skipping potion. Here's the slide of leveling potions.

The fuck is this gay shit?

Some furry goon shitposting with his avatar. He got kicked from the fc too.

It was pretty bad in there, let me tell you, but I saw it through to the end. Thank the twelve for small favors.

And oh my, the smell…

They could use a good maid service :^)

He got kicked from nWo and is eternally butthurt about it.

Personally, I can only look at it and laugh. There are actually people out there so cancerous that they'd buy a videogame, then pay a monthly subscription to play that videogame, and then pay additional money to surgically remove content from said videogame.

You have an interesting theory, user, but I merely wish to educate my fellow Eorzeans of the degenerate behavior that lurks in the housing wards. Quite troubling really.

It takes a great amount of care to study such evil. For when you stare into the abyss, it has a way of staring back.

I guess you could say, it's something awful?

Holy shit, it even sounds like a potato with a chip on it's shoulders. What is it with potato players being the worst part of the playerbase?

~O hohoho!

Oh come now, user. Our people have been the backbone of the Eorzean economy. All these backward nations rely on Ul'dah for military support, trade, etc. It's why so many Ala Mhigans come here for work. And they work well, for such low wages too, haha.

Potatoes players really are the scum of this game. Now fuck off and make more meme name alts.

Finally done with this shit, unless there's one more step I need to take. This thing is gonna be phased out by the time I hit 70 after Stormblood launches, isn't it?

Yes, but if it's the same as the 2.0>3.0 transition it'll still be relevant even at 70 until you start getting your real endgame weapons, since despite being slightly lower ilvl it'll have way better stat distribution.
If you don't want to let go, (of course this is assuming it's the same as 2.0>3.0) it will definitely stay relevant until you can upgrade it to the 4.0 relic

Face combinations in this game are strange sometimes.

Best part is he's a "functioning adult" and brags about how hard he ebin trolled the awful Star Citizen furries with a single montage or two. Poor fella seriously believes he's so great.

they seem to work alright for me and most people with only the occasional fuck up.
nah man, most people I have met are above aaverage with only the occasional dumbass coming in and getting replaced within 5 minutes.
yeah sure, I would pay good money for other mmos with better combat to be as good as this.
I miss filthy casuals.

I still wanted another DPS heavy tank like WAR so to come in but I guess thats not really happening, not unless they decide to add one next expansion.

I appreciate the admiration. Exploring that guild house was a true test one one's courage. It also helps to have a strong stomach in such matters.

What I found in the lobby did nothing to prepare me for what I found downstairs and in the personal chambers. Don't worry, I won't leave you in suspense for too long, but you must be patient :^)

I seriously can't decide if I want to level a Samurai or a Red Mage for my DPS. I'd like more than anything to learn Dragoon but I can't wrap my head around it.

Thank you brave one, your trials of might have been proven once more. I cannot wait for an update to the terrifying and wonderful adventure that you partake in.

Not hard at all. It may seem that way, but once you play it for any length of time it becomes much easier. It's only "difficult" to play at 60 because of the fucking retarded clipping and RNG of the 2 50+ abilities. And your jump weaving.

I tried playing it and basically got shit on in every dungeon for my low DPS. I already know I'm shit at DPS, which is why I main as a PLD, but still it would be nice to do some high DPS as a Dragoon. Once Stormblood comes out I'll give it another try.

Is it an attention thing or a physical thing? It's by FAR, in my opinion anyway, the most demanding job for paying attention to your bars. MCH was easier for me at 60 than DRG.

Practice makes perfect unless you have an actual issue that makes it harder to play DPS since they require more input on KB+M or controller. I had to use a controller for DRG because of my shitty wrists.

I'd say a mixture of attention + not entirely understanding the class well enough. I'm getting better at paying attention to my bars, but I've always had a weird way of learning shit. It can be stuck in my mind for weeks, and then randomly it just clicks and suddenly I become godlike in whatever I was stuck in. Is this autism?

Just get over it already. You got kicked for being an autist. You rampaging around the thread making an autistic comic is gonna change the minds of anyone. In fact in just reenforces the fact that you're(U+200B was here) an autistic spaz.

Yeah, that's just practice. Had the same issue with MCH/SMN when I played them more and I had spent most of the game tanking on WAR not needing to really focus at all. If you "git gud" at DRG then you'll probably have an easier time with most of the other DPS classes.

DRG is such a shit show with it's rotation. Pic semi related.

That was my hope. I've always wanted to be a better DPS, and I thought tanking as a PLD would help me get better at paying attention to my bars, which it did in a way. That was the same strat I had with Sc2, just use Zerg to git gud at micro and paying attention to macro, go back to Toss, and just rape.

I can't do it anymore

You speak in such a strange tongue, user, but I'm no stranger to adversity. Your dissuasion only fuels my resolve!

I feel now that what I discovered merely scratches the surface. Like an Thavnairian Onion, I must work to peel back the layers, no matter how pungent.

With the game going to use a new engine will the requirements become higher for the same graphics you currently use?

I can't believe someone as autistic as you has kids. I'll be praying for those poor children.

Always respect your elders, user. :^)

he doesn't actually have kids, does he?

I consider tanking in this game to be very easy. DRK especially.

PLD is probably the simplest job in the game. If you want to "tank" and practice bar management then I'd recommend WAR. At least until your ass gets buffed a shit load in the expansion. DRK is just a headache with how often you need to baby sit your mana and manage Dark Arts to do shit.

Also, would you rather be a faggy caster or a glorious nippon warrior? SAM all the way, bb. Either way you'll make yourself look good if you even try to play them right. Fucking shitters will be rampant in those jobs.

It is everyone's responsibility, not just parents, to leave Eorzea a little better than you found it. That is why my cause is just.

thanks papa potato!

I was considering leveling a WAR anyways, but the new skills for PLD look badass. DRK is for shitters that are too impatient to wait for the rest of the group.

Seriously… why the fuck is the charge only useable with rage, our infuriate combat only and zerk nerfed? And them swapping maim/SE buffs is the MOST retarded shit I've seen yet. Everything about WAR is fucking disappointing now. Sorry for blog post.

Fucking shitter, Yoshi.

If I came back to the game for the expansion I'd switch to PLD. Fuck the WAR changes.

I haven't paid much attention to the changes aside from PLD. What'd they do?

Read the part above my response. That's only some of the stupid shit.

Oh I see now. I don't play WAR so I don't entirely understand but it sounds enraging.

Dude, you're dumb.

You forgot the part of being the embodiment of Holla Forums while being married to this

Can you elaborate on this part?

Fuck you, Carlos.

I'll explain the swap just so you can hopefully understand why it's fucking retarded.

Maim is a level 18 ability that currently gives you a 20% damage buff for 12 seconds(24 trait). Storm's Eye is a level 50 ability that places a slashing resistance debuff on the enemy that allows for 10% more damage. Now swap those additional effects. See why it's fucking stupid? Especially when you get Defiance(shield oath) and your damage drops by 25% during dungeons. Makes shit take longer for no reason. Leveling, dungeons, etc.

That's so fucking stupid.

That makes much more sense, but not in a good way.

Somehow not surprised.

As stupid as it is, will this at least stop Ninjas from panicking when they see their Dancing Edge debuff get overridden by me?

This shit is normal on west commie-coast because all the "available white girls" are brainwashed + used goods.
Please purge this commie plague and save me already, burger brothers.

Removed WAR stun in favor of DRK kick for "job actions", nerfed berserk to 30% AP down from 50%, gave us 6 fell cleaves which breaks even thanks to the zerk nerf, lose half rage when stance changing(rip stance dance), currently unknown if we have a move to generate "rage" outside of combat now and made the new AF look like dog shit. That's the sum of WAR's changes thus far. It and WHM are dumpster diving now.

WAR was bashed with the nerf stick thanks to shitters rolling it in 3.0. Not gonna play 2.0 WAR again. PLD looks so much more appealing now as a tank. Hell even some of my friends that swore by WAR since 2.0 are dropping it for DPS or PLD.

So how do I get over my social anxiety when playing mmos? I really want to have fun with this game but I spend 1 hours standing near a dungeon entrance with my cursor hovering over the find party button what do?

Even in the south it's getting bad, and you would think because it's the bible belt, you could just find a good christian girl, but for some reason in the last couple of years, all the white christian women are hooking up with blacks or spics. It's annoying as fuck.

Doubtful. Most NIN are playing Naruto.

Because in the last couple of years people themselves have become shittier. $5 it's them doing it to get back at daddy or mommy. Really dumb shit like that.

most people dont talk anyway its fine man

Yeah don't sweat it, just pretend they're NPCs or something if it really bothers you that much, that may on occasion talk to you.

then play with friends or pretend the other party members are npcs

atleast its better than erping with a catnigger from 4chan :^)

I wasn't putting up Dancing Edge anyway, nerd.

I don't have friends….

Don't worry! I'll be your friend.

I'd play with you but I'm not resubbing until stormblood releases. But I hope you get over your anxiety user.

I'm not in any of the NA servers, since muh poor australian internet.
I'm in Tonberry and my name is Erotic Roleplayer
Do not worry, I actually fucking hate erp

Are there any known changes for AST yet?

They're getting two new cards, Lord and Lady. It's a new discard option for if you get a shit card you don't want. Instead of having to click it off, you turn it into a Lord or Lady, which you can play on an enemy or party member respectively. No idea exactly what the cards do though. Media embargo will be listed at the end of May so expect a shitload of new information pouring out then.

embargo will be lifted*

So they're default cards you always have access to essentially? Having some sort of dot or debuff would help a ton with personal dps, but the effects can't be that strong if they're always available.

More or less. Don't know whether it's RNG which one you get or if specific cards give specifically Lord or Lady. They also have some sort of AoE looking thing that explodes after 20 seconds and heals everyone inside it, but no clue how it works. Also a new Draw that immediately gives you 1 of every card-related thing. The gist of it seems to be that they've mostly added new card/constellation stuff.

So what, draw that gives you a random road effect and a random held card? That doesn't sound terribly amazing and that skill slot feels like it could be used on something better.

Random RR, random draw, random spread, random lord/lady

Did anyone notice that Whm is potentially getting fucked again with the new role skills. How many skills did they lose to the new role pool and do you honestly believe Yoshi is competent enough to give them something meaningful in return?

I might be over-exaggerating, but I am a bit worried that Whm might be getting fucked again.

A bad tank is very noticeable and is very likely to get the part killed. A shitty healer can do the same thing, but you'd have to be especially retarded to mess up at healing. Dps are easy to play without bringing attention to yourself. However, if all the dps are shitty then you'll know it.

Mch is fun, but very strict and pretty dull. You set up for one big explosion then do mostly minor damage until everything comes back off of cool down.

The Anima relic will more than likely last until level 65 or 67. I hope you enjoy your glamour weapons, because we're going to go through it again in stormblood.

Why does Yoshi hate Whm so much?

I'm very much looking forward to it. I really need to see how much damage was done and whether or not the game will be worth playing in stormblood. The changes did look fantastic at first glance, but a lot of the information that has since been streaming out is not good.

The level 70 AF gear that you get for finishing the level 70 job quest is IL 290. So if you're in full IL 270 gear now, it'll last all the way to 70 without any problems, including anima weapon.

Of course, once you hit 70 it'll immediately fall off a cliff in usefulness because of item level ballooning, but it'll last the whole leveling journey this time.

That's good.

He doesn't hate WHM. Him and his team are just too incompetent to balance it correctly. One look at how MCH/AST came out at first should tell you that. They both sucked complete dick.

Anyone feel like explaining to someone who never got to max level with their whm why the class is bad, and why it's getting even worse?

Meh. As a new player I see others go into an Extreme blind. So jump potions mean jack and shit in the end.

Is this a free company, or a cult perhaps? Organizations that hide in the shadows have always been a passing interest of mine, hence the foray into an unholy household. I mean really, you'd think the Maelstrom would know of such things, or maybe they did?

Well, I'm not exactly infallible, dear user :^)

Is it really necessary that you resort to racial slurs. It's the Third Astral Moon after all.

I did see a few things in that free company house that referenced a female Miqo'te. Thank you for bring this evidence to light.

I too found something interesting. I gather that it involes this fellow?

I think it's because of the last live letter. A bunch of skills from whm were taken off the job and put into the "role actions" section. These include, and someone correct me if I'm wrong: Esuna, Protect, Divine Seal, Stoneskin(gone completely I think) and Shroud of Saints. Cleric stance was a nerf as well depending on who you ask.

So, with all that taken out, WHM is the only healing job that has to take almost all of those back along with swiftcast just to be how they are now. Some people argue Esuna isn't required, but those people are usually retarded.

It was, new cleric stance is a 5% damage increase that lasts for 15 seconds on a 90 second cooldown, old one was a toggle that increased damage by 10% on a 5 second cooldown when activated but swapped INT and MIND so sticky cleric stance was a mild annoyment and caused a rare wipe, also SCH and AST no longer have access to Aero which is a DPS loss for them. But hey I'll take that nerf if it means the nodpsfags get to eat shit now as they have no excuse for not dpsing.
I don't think Stoneskin is gone and SoS is most likely replaced by Lewd Dreaming but we won't know till release or leak happens. Still moving Esuna to cross roll seems very odd to me unless they removed all the other healers despell, which is also just weird.

too bad unless the meta changes something hardcore, you want DPS+healing as opposed to healing+dps.

Which is really the problem with the FFXIV meta right now, you basically just want everyone to dps while managing whatever role gimmick they have.

Problem is that healers are far FAR too powerful for what little damage raid damage there is in end game crap. Yoshi said he didn't like the idea of a main and off healer but the content is balanced around doing as much damage as you can to skip mechanics, and with damage being really low people are naturally just going to have the offhealer in Cleric 90% of the fight and main healer DPSing in small bursts or straight up drop the off healer for another Deeps. If they seriously up the raid damage in Stormscunts and make AST not retarded I think people would consider WHM more. Giving a healer a raid wide damage increase was a fucking mistake.

So they took the bottom tier healer, actually took away its skills, and forced it to waste other class bonus skill slots on its own fucking skills? While at the same time giving all the other classes access to those skills? And to top it off, it does bad DPS compared to the other healers?

Also forgot to mention that they don't balance fights around healer/tank damage, so even more reason to dps hard as healer and tanko.

I can't do it anymore, I gotta filter you out. Seek help please.

Retards having kids isn't new. I know a hwite drug dealer that is raising another man's kid. Having a kid doesn't mean shit, and the fact that a potato is raising a kid badly isn't a huge surprise. It would be like finding out a nigger can't take care of it's brood. It's sad at the very most but not surprising in the least.

Yup they gave a big Donte style "Fuck You!" to whm players this expansion.

That's a shame, user. We were having the most pleasant exchange :^)

>[email protected]/* */ posters allowed
outside of the post-stormblood changes discussion, i truly believe that potato brights up this dark and disgusting thread.

St ill wondering what the fuck they spent their fucking "triple budget" on. Beastmen quests are all shallow, HW gave us 3 jobs and even ARR gave us 1 with a patch, there's not a new race(viera), two zones that will be seen once by players and then flown over while they watch netflix while gathering, pretty sure it's still 2 dungeons instead of 3 and really stupid decisions with job "balance".

I miss anything?

From what it looks like they did. At least three people I know are dropping healing and tanking after what they saw of whm/war and just going straight dps. Along with my SO bitching every day about whm and probably dropping it as well.

Pretty sure triple-budget was a meme spread by shills.

Could have sworn Yoshida said he was given a bigger budget for it after the success of HW. After looking at SB you're probably right.

WHM has the highest DPS of any healing job. People who say otherwise are factually incorrect.

Give it to me straight what dps class is the easiest to pull off? Which one can you halfass a bit and still do decent dps as long as don't go afk inbetween gcds?

Monk. Trust me.

Backing up. Monk is incredibly easy.

Monks largely kept the same rotation from arr. Once you learn it, you're set forever. Ninja is in a similar position for now. The other dps all got some shit to juggle in hw to make them more like monk.

I've playing an alt on Gilgamesh and if Yoshi doesn't want to put in the work to cut out the msq bloat, then why can't they give every npc a link pearl? A lot of the lost time is running back and forth between npcs who could just as easily contact you from afar. The questline leading to Hauke Manor has you running back and forth, just so the npcs can send you back out across half the map to click on an object.

so very hard. Monk is my favorite job for zoning out in dungeons.

Any good people here that play on Leviathan? Only people I used to run into were ERP or shitters.

Anyone got a compiled list of the Warrior changes so far?

Maybe I'm just way too willing to roll with the punches but my tolerance for that kind of thing is pretty high. There are instances where the amount of pointless back and forth strains my patience, but that one isn't one of them.

i wouldn't call this definitive, but it's what i've seen reported by a variety of reputable sources (complete with source documentation providing proof)

>bloodbath shifted to Melee DPS cross-role skill, so warrior doesn't have it anymore no word on whether or not there's been a replacement
>maim buff has been swapped to storm's eye which, if true, is a metric asston of stupidity on the part of the devs

that's all i can think of off the top of my head. the WAR demo wasn't nearly as eye-popping as the PLD or SMN demos were. no fuckhueg "GET BEHIND ME" raid-shields or "let's summon the fucking dreadwyrm" bullshit. tbh, as a lifetime WAR main since it first became available in beta, i'm more than a little scurred about the WAR changes. not to mention pissed but i'm reserving judgement until i see them for myself in the context of all the other changes

Where does the difficulty in Ninja come from simply the fact that you have to remember the word combinations? I'm trying to decide between monk and ninja both seem quite relaxing but if it's between positional requirements and remembering some button codes, the codes seem way easier.

Positionals aren't as hard to land as they seem. There's two sweet spots behind enemies where all it takes is a step left/right to go from "behind" them to "flanking" them, indicated by the gap in the circle around their model when you're targeting them.
Plus, even though it's a dps loss when you miss positionals, it's an even bigger loss when you hold off on attacking just to land one.
So if you have a tank who keeps spinning the mob around like a goddamn record, just ignore your positionals until he stops.

Nin difficulty comes from your connection speed and how much lag your getting. If your connection is shit, you're going to fuck up your mudras and lose a shit ton of dps. Going slow on your mudras is clunky as fuck too.

If I could change them, I would allow them to be woven into other skills rather than back to back or else you get the bunny.

Thank god I'm not the only WAR main that's pissed the fuck off with some of these bulll shit changes. Zerk nerf still has my ass salty. I want less cleaves and big numbers, not more cleaves and small numbers.

Both monk positionals and ninja mudras become muscle memory with practice. has good advice - you can easily see the spot where "flanking" becomes "behind" and hop back and forth across that line as needed without much movement.

Ninja's rotation is a bit more complex, in my opinion, because you have three dots/debuffs with different durations which requires some juggling if you want to keep them all up. Playing monk efficiently is more about managing your rotation to make sure that Demolish stays up but that you don't reapply it too soon and waste ticks of it.