Psst! Hey, Holla Forums!

Psst! Hey, Holla Forums!
Small Town America is a great setting for video games, why aren't more of them in it when there's like a billion shows about it?
Only ones I can think of at the top of my head is Deadly Premonitions and Alan Wake and both of those had great atmosphere!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_town
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dear small town america fan, dreams do come true. Rejoice, for Life is strange is getting a sequel.

Far Cry 5 :^)

Pick one.

The entire fallout series
Harvester

Just reported one of the threads.

Joy to the world

How? It's a nuked out wasteland filled with crazy people
My nigga

Exactly

Why can't we have a truley american game that takes place where minorities live?

Fuck, now that you mentioned it I've seen 3 cults come and go though this area.

San Andreas?

That's like saying we shouldn't have war games because of CoD, Homefront and roughly half a million Russian source games. Or no platformers because of mighty number 9 and that kickstarted banjo kazooie knockoff.

What kind of game could possibly benefit from being set in small town america
It's possibly the least interesting setting you could ever have

A Hitman game.

And NYC is interesting because? What makes small towns so good is that they're intertwined, everyone knows everyone. In metropolitan areas you don't even know your next door neighbor. It's more personal I guess.

Not if you throw some Lovecraft shit in it

fucking harvester man. Crazy backwoods cults n'shieet.

The entirety of Left 4 Dead 2 takes place in the South. That said, I don't know of much that takes place in Georgia besides it, a little bit of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, and the Walking Dead in general, which is strange since after Hollywood and New York, Georgia or at least Atlanta's the biggest place for people to film shit.

Wanna quickly drop some cults i've seen around my local town.
Smith's Friends or Brunstad Christian Church. They had this big taboo for doctors if I remember correctly, my old boss' wife died around 10 years ago from curable cancer because she refused treatment.

Another one I don't know the name of is a family cult. Basically super Christians that have like 10 kids each while flying the flag of Israel, despite not being Jewish

Third one was some nut trying to rewrite the bible about how certain animals were gods, and some lucky humans were 'equal' to that of horses. Surprisingly got the second most followers before it collapsed in on itself.

lol my comment was removed. Good work mods.

Speaking of cults and murders, remember the West Memphis Three murders?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three
Johnny Depp famously came in their defence, who was in turn a close friend of Hunter S. Thompson, a known freak who was allegedly involved in child abuse and filmed snuff films as revealed after his "suicide". Why is it that nobody ever talks about this stuff?

Oh I forgot, the one who accused HST of ritual child abuse was the cameraman of the Franklin cover up.

I've got the perfect game for you and OP, it's an indie game called yiik.

Silent Hill

Does Dead Rising count since it's a small town mall?

Rural America > Suburban America
And I mean real Rural, not those shitass automated farms run by faggots that suck at farming.

Disregard I suck cocks

How about some games set outside of America?
For example, Folklore is based in rural Ireland and it's a pretty neat setting.

Is this on PC?

HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED A GAME SO AMERICAN YOU CAN FIND PERFECTLY GOOD FOOD IN THE TRASH

nope Folklore is a PS3 game only.

PS3 only iirc and you have to go through the game two times while it being very tedious.

PS3, unfortunately.
It's a great game, though. You can find it pretty cheap.

World in Conflict did Small Town America really well.

That game had some really great maps.

What about a game about a small town girl
Living in a lonely world where she takes a midnight train that goes anywhere?

Try and create a plot with it then Holla Forums.

In a small town America …

The Sims.

One overweight inbred furfag…

I take a fence to that.

Has finally grown tired of it all…

With two disappointed parents…

he decides to…

Yiff everyone with…

-out their consent…

to the tune of

Zippedy Doo Dah

Yiffedy Doo Dah, Yiffedy Day! My oh my what a /furry/ful day!

I almost finished an Oekaki doodle of a fat furfag raping some southerners, but it randomly shat itself and deleted everything including the undo history.

draw it again.

Because when you make a videogame, you build it from the ground up so you can set it anywhere in the world.

When you film a TV show, moving everything across the world to different locations is much harder so it's easier for people to just film it where they are.

Is that a joke?

State of Decay was k.

Redneck Rampage?

????

You're retarded user.

I'm saying the restrictions that apply to Television shows when it comes to location don't apply to videogame development. To move a television crew across the planet would take thousands. Of course you can still have locations in America, but when developing videogames you've the freedom to set them anywhere you can imagine so it makes sense there would be a broader range of settings for videogames as opposed to real life where there are more restrictions.

Don't forget Bully. That game had no supernatural shite or anything but still had a lot of character and atmosphere.

because less and less people are taking residence in rural america

because there's no fucking jobs here that aren't

bob's game :^)

It's going to be a boring, barren wasteland just like all the other Far Cry games.
Blood Dragon was a complete fluke.

True Crime

Life is Strange is set in the Pacific Northwest dude, Everytown, USA is typically depicted more of a place in the New England or Deep South region. The defining characteristics of a Small Town America is a more centralized form of town governance such as a powerful mayor. Something West Coast towns really don't have as most towns along the West Coast are more run by the county. In fact, New England Town is a distinct form of settlement type in America
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_town

Oh yeah, and I guess all anons are greasy fat neckbeards because that's how they're typically depicted. Small town america is small town america.

Its important to properly distinguish archetypes user, otherwise you get shit like Hey Arnold where everyone thought it took place in New York the creator of the show said it takes place in a fictional city in the Pacific Northwest. The Pacific Northwestern town is like the small town America except there's more liberals and hippies everywhere and its not as cold in the winter

It's not a great game, but it was in a rural America setting.

Naw, the main reason is most filmmakers probably grew up in some small rural American towns so they favor something that touches on their nostalgia. Conversely most game devs come from either Japan or the west coast of America

Sage for the double post, but I can recall pic related had a level that took place in such a place as well

Well there is barely any jobs in the city either

Sad thing is when people make a hyperbolic joke that's actually right. Don't look like a druggy piece of shit and sometimes you can convince places like bakeries to give you the excess good that goes "bad" at the eve of the day to give it to you since they would just huck it in the garbage anyways (or just wait near the trash like a druggy piece of shit)

user, how do you know this?

Heard dozens of stories like it. Got 2 free pizzas, cheese sticks and hot wings cause I got a pizza from a shop as they were closing, "we're going to their it away." The only reason you have to look normal is if you are poor and need food, people take less pity on retards who are looking to just survive on handouts rather than trying to get themselves together but are down on their luck.

Fucking swype

If you order the glutton free hamburgers at McDonald they're required to give you more shit on the burgers and thus more nutrition.

Fucking Mcdonalds
Why does anyone buy shit from them, it's disgusting and expensive as shit where I'm from.

Because KFC is more disgusting and more expensive

Dirt cheap in yank land bro

Its balanced out by the fact that the cost of living is also substantially lower

Where the fuck do you live? You get can a burger for 1 trudeau dollar and 20 cents here in Canada. That's less than 1 American dollar I'm pretty sure.

A burger is at the minimum 2 dollarydoos here which is about 1.70 in Leaf money IIRC

Video games are made by urbanite faggots.

A dollar is 18 currency where I live.
Imagine paying upwards of 60 for a shitty burger with shittons of mayo or ketchup on it, or paying something like 20 for a tiny burger that tastes like garbage instead of paying the same amount or less getting a decent burger from another chain or just making your own.

I know right? I wish I could get my daily dose of pozz and rape.

I've seen this kind of post too many times on leftyfur. Problem is they're not posting it ironically.

Are there any more games that are like Twin Peaks?

Holy shit, they're making a new one? In Montana? Why do I already know who's the main crazy villain?

We all know it already

Resident evil

It does, it has a rather small population and they said the only thing to do in the town was just kill time at the mall.

Re do it.

It's Ubisoft, AIDS skrillex will be the main protagonist

This place is pure red outside of Seattle

It's okay, there's a group of witches that hold "temple fest" on the hill across the street from me every year and my town isn't even that small.

A standard McD's cheeseburger is .99 burgerdollars in New England

yeah, came to say this obviously

We have several

wut

Reported.

A red dawn style game. At least it was an interesting backdrop for world in conflict l.

Kill every single jew on the face of the Earth.

mein nigga

pretty sure the original spinoff of XCOM that was going to be a first person game (which as far as I can tell was mixed into nuPrey) had lots of Real America(TM) environments and locales

It gets thrown away for two reasons. One being that if they let the employees just go home with free food, they'd be incentivized to not sell as much, because that would mean less free food for them. Two being that if you sold outdated food (at a lower cost) many people would just wait to buy it instead of buying it at the ridiculously marked up prices they need to make their profits at. Large store chains have such low overhead and squeeze by on virtue of having so many stores. Or a few very successful stores feeding a bunch of little ones which are there for the pure reason of eating away market share of competitors.

It's quality posts like these that keep me coming back, thanks Holla Forums!

This is just a guess but I think you're a Ubisoft employee trying to gauge whether or not the setting for the new far cry will be well received

How would they pull off lawless insanity i small town America, actually that reminds me of that /k/ story about the people that would go out into the wilderness to hunt each other for sport.

only designated shitting streets in india are a possibly worse setting than boring fatmerican flat fields with shitty wood houses inhabited by braindead jew-slaves

Way too late in development for that, they are already committed so why ask about something they won't change even if it's hated?

Red Dawn would make a great small town / surrounding farmland stealth / FPS game

can't you cure cancer AND turn people into dinosaurs?

WEll, I'm thinking about making my own game set in rural america in RPG Maker.

It would be a horror-thriller-silliness-RPG where you play as a sheriff and you could recruit anyone in town to solve different mysteries in your rural town.

It's interesting if you're not American.

They'd all just end up as walking simulators about evil creepy white people in the current year, so why would you want them?

You weak ass honkey

screw that, give me small town Britain. I want to survive in a local town for local people.

shit shill thread for Far Cry 7
glad you got called out right at the start

#dinosaursgetcancertoo

I want to colonize those lands

destroy all humans?

straya best girl

The primal urge to subjugate through my cock calls out to me…

theyre everywhere and its cheap. people are always short on time and money. voila

that is a nice gondola

wrong

One of the finest…

And yet, here you see a threadful of games and ideas proving you wrong.

Source on the second pic, please.

Is small town america the new fucking thing?
Kike in the Hoods, the new Far Cry, and outlast 2 aren't really giving me hope for the new generation of Small American Town setting games.
Resident Evil 7 was only okay, but way better than anything else that's come out of the setting 2016-17

Being a Washingtonian is suffering

Harvester is a small town America game, and it's fucking amazing. Check it out if you haven't.

Are you telling me you don't want a fetish game about your state?

There's plenty of jungle-themed games user.

Yes

Do they take place in temperate rain forests? Cause they are the best kind of rain forests.

YUPPIES GET OUT OF MY STATE REEEEEEEE

Where would you make your game in a shit setting like that?

I'll bet you do you filthy burger…

Are all out house's in Small Town America™ directly connected to the welling water…

Southerners aren't American

I wonder what kinda fetishes this state has…

Well you all sure pitched a issy fit when they said other wise…

We'll never have a Red Dawn game where local teenagers have to wage guerilla war on an invading force using their local colors as their rallying cause.

We'll never have a police drama where you play a cop solving crimes and playing mediator to the weird people who inhabit rural America

We'll never have a Harvester remake

south georgia reporting in

what is small town ? is that more mining town than farm town?

r u from here? ;'^)

I know that for liberals to exist they must have not met a lot of shitskins but the statistic there is just wrong.

The chart says people who describes themselves as black and non-hispanic. California is filled with beaners, not niggers.

Oh.
I have the reading comprehension of a commiefornian