Game has amazing art, story, characters, setting, music, ect

What's her name Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IiK6YSTvPaQ&list=PLVDDl9QjMbTKH9_ldpS141l7glMuwJQUQ&index=50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Deus Ex

Morrowind.

World of Warcraft

I think you mean Warcraft, friend.

bait, even the tertiary aspects of this are not good, especially the sickening "art"

I do, but I really like WoW in every way except the awful fucking gameplay.

This fucking game

this guy gets it. literally everything but the gameplay of wow is great.

I'm hoping this is sarcastic but this is Holla Forums

El Shaddai is very pretty. Probably one of the nicest looking games since okami, art style/visual-wise. The meat of it is indeed pretty meh though. I wouldn't call it terrible.

this, 1000x this

Top-tier H-games.

Their art and setting is john morcock-tier trash

Oh and just about every exclusive on the PS3.

I cannot understand how anyone likes the art. Oversaturated Fischer Price plastic colors and proportions that have been dusted over with charcoal to appear dark. I immediately think less of anyone who appreciates WoW from an aesthetic standpoint.

hell, even the weapons are fun, but because its trying to be a character action game like devil may cry everything is spongy as hell so you can get super dank multishine 420 noscope taunt cancel into taunt double arial somersault triple sow cow combos on them before they die.
oh, and every battleground is a flat plane as far as I can tell.

nigger, morrowind's gameplay was good. eat shit

Suck my dick, Morrowind is the only time I've seen gameplay take a stepdown. It was worse than Daggerfall's. not that you played Daggerfall

The only good part about Morrowind's gameplay is how easy it is to break it.

Asura's Wrath is more like an interactive anime than anything else.

Quite a few indie games do this shit. Good artstyles, great atmosphere, near flawless presentations, but mired by questionable gameplay choices. Worst of all, it typically tends to be one single but glaring flaw that brings everything down.

you are the worst type of faggot. i did play it you millennial fuckin cuck. only one who proved you didn't was yourself.
eat shit underaged.

It's hilarious when a bunch of 14 year-olds argue about which one is underage.

Weak bait

I really wasn't expecting summerfags to start rolling in this early.

not sarcastic at all m8. i love wow's setting (i'm not a blizzcuck so i never gave the slightest of shits to play anything prior to wow, eventually i did and whattayaknow, they're all shit except diablo 1 and 2), atmosphere, the cinematics, the soundtrack, everything but playing the game is great.

You deserve a medal, user. I hereby award you the Honorary Australian cross.

Skullgirls

Nier and Nier: Automata

The fuck happened here?

Bloodborne
Yes I'm serious. The game shoehorns you into an aggressive playstyle. Rally almost makes this okay but usually just falls flat. Hunter tools using bullets is retarded. The only fun build, arcane, requires jumping on the gear treadmill. Chalice dungeons aren't fun. If I wanted to grind for gear, I'll play an MMO. NG+ is a waste of time. The camera is the worst in any from game with so many large and/or fast bosses, the camera makes it increasingly frustrating. I don't like bells.
Dark Souls -> Dark souls 3 (all dlc) -> bloodborne

But Alex Ahad is the character designer.

Lighter (or something else that holds flammable fuel) was probably left in the car on a hot day, and some of the fuel evaporated. Spark from the lighter ignited fuel present in the air.

I have to agree there. Gameplay is game's weakest point.

Idiots huffing butane in a sealed vehicle tried to light a cigarette.

Butane IIRC

Holy shit they had this coming.

Does warframe count? It's less the matter of shit gameplay and more of shit devs and business model.

the gameplay is still shit.

Solatorobo: the thread

It's not even that the gameplay itself is terrible, it's just that there's practically no variety and it's insanely easy.

I like magic and when your enemies are giant malformed beasts, barraging them from afar with cosmic meteors makes more sense than charging in with a toothpick poking their ankles.
The only other decent build would be bloodtinge/str for cannon, but the bullet cost is too restrictive and the other guns are just boring.

the only thing keeping me from selling it is that I adore Cyberconnect2 games.

Warframe, it's a shame that it will never be a good game and that it will always be a grindfest shithole

I'm kinda jealous, an unopened copy is worth a lot of money right now.

Do it for him.

I know. 200+ bucks.

Still, it would be awful if I finally got around to playing it, finding out I absolutely adored it, and sold a legit copy for money.

So buy an opened one. Or emulate it

Vampire the masquerade

Yeah, like said just buy an opened copy or pirate it. Even though the gameplay is shit I'd say it's still worth playing.

Legend of mana

-curls up in a ball crying.-

Nothing in WoD makes it a good setting.

I was about to post Asura's Wrath since it took a while for the OP image to load, but you obviously beat me to it.

I don't really mind the shallow gameplay though, they clearly were trying to make an interactive anime rather then a game anyways and the final result is still loads of fun.

I can't deny the gameplay being done by platinum in addition to the cutscenes would have been the greatest thing ever though

Skullgirls also has good gameplay though.

Oh and STALKER

Nigger what.

Fuck me, this on so many fronts. So much quality and production value was poured into that game, especially as time went on. Everything became bigger and better, but the gameplay (which was always terrible) went from bad to worse. And it enabled Blizzard to shit out a bunch of empty, soulless games afterwards, all with equally awful gameplay while everything else is incredible. How did this fucking happen?

I'm convinced that Blizzard was the subject if a monkey paw wish at the turn of the millenia, it's the only way to describe how a company can get everything right except for the thing that matters most. And the worst part is that people excuse it away because everything else is so grand.

This shit hurts my soul. Fuck you for mentioning this.

That's always an option, and my cousin has been pushing me to do that as well. Perhaps I will. I always just get nervous that selling something like that online would be really easy for somebody to try and pull a fast one on me.

What's to hate about the inescapable fights and laggy combat, which forces you to cumbersomely waddle around the battle area to collect loot and crystals for exp?

I thought that the minigames were pretty great. Fishing, racing, etc.

Witcher 1

warframe absolutely counts and I would've said it if you hadn't

The story is basically a prologue, but would have been ok if there were more of it and if it had a proper resolution. The characters are competent but nothing special. The music isn't bad, but isn't memorable. It sets the mood while you're there, and then is quickly forgotten as the scene transitions.

The gameplay, though… it's like 2 Acts worth of Gears of War spread out over 8 chapters (with the other 8 chapters just being cutscenes) and uses QTE the rest of the time to make sure you haven't fallen asleep during the movie.

The art design and concept are great, and I love the Victorian Era England setting, and the game could have been fantastic. But holy fuck, I feel sorry for anybody who actually payed $60 for what amounts to a tech-demo released a year too late for launch. I only payed $4 for it, and I still feel a bit cheated.

Worst part of the game, though. It's obvious that it was just a practice run to get down the TLoU/Uncharted mechanics before implementing those into God of War 4. They've even got those stupid fucking collectables you can find everywhere, an then flip them over and inspect them for no fucking reason at all except for that you could in TLoU/Uncharted, and don't actually fucking do anything or relate to the plot.

I wouldn't say they were great but they weren't that bad. The problem is you only play them once throughout the game (iirc) and it's in between hours of mashing A.

How so? Seems to me like a very weak Bayonetta clone crossed with a platformer. You're basically just doing ranged gun damage as you get in close, spam the attack the enemy is weak against, and then do your "lol nope" invincible dodge to teleport out of the way of the counterattack. If it had witch-time, I'd suspect that was exactly what it was.

No, they were getting high by filling the car with butane.

That's the best part, though. Not being able to turtle is a big improvement on the formula. Massive swathes of enemies basically can't hurt you because you regen stamina faster than they can take it down by just releasing your shield inbetween attacks, assuming you are using a 100% like anyone who actually uses a shield.

Every silver knight for example is basically a cakewalk because they mathematically can't kill you so long as you put down your shield once they stand up straight again. Also removing traditional backstabs, I fucking hated the backstab spinning in Dark Souls. It's like they took Dark Souls, removed all the crutches, and started having enemies run, grab, pounce, buff, switch forms, shoot and generally actually try to murder you rather than just kind of block your progress.

I'll give a pass to 3, since I haven't played it yet, but I'm not going back to 1 or 2 like this.

I love it when shit gets literal.

That Xbox camera game.
Something Nightmares?

It hurts user. I mean it's better than Nier, but they still fucked it up in completely unnecessary ways.

How, exactly? The one I see the most is "it has fetch quests," which, yeah, no shit, it's an RPG.

Fallout 3. Everything was prefect but the shitty combat.

That's the gameplay. Morrowind has an abyss that can turn you into a god when explored to the depth.

Learn how to use the fucking word right you autists.

Sounds like you just don't like it, not like it's bad.

I've seen the improvements emulation has had on DS games, and unless something is tied to the touch screen in a very weird way, I highly recommend emulating any 3D DS game that'll run well.

The leveling system is completely tacked on. Instead of making the game properly balanced, you will very easily over level unless you're doing a sidequest that happens to be a above your level. There's a chapter select very late game, that let's you refight bosses and get missed quests. Any replayability with new abilities made by this is wasted because you destroy all the bosses in seconds on any difficulty when using chapter select. Even when the game is at it's most balanced, enemies die too quickly. For any given level difference and difficulty setting that enemies won't outright one shot you, they still die too quickly. The game gives you a great wide variety of move sets and very little incentive to use them or experiment. Besides these problems that could easily be fixed by changing some numbers and removing the pointless and detrimental level system, the enemies in the game are slow and non-threatening. Other than a few exceptions, you should almost never be taking too many hits. There are two secret bosses. The first one is unique and special, but the second supposedly better one is mostly a re-skin of a previous boss. Beside the enemies being pushovers, there isn't nearly enough variety and unique ability using enemies. Many of them are reskins. Normal version, religious version, desert version, forest version, theme park version, etc. There are other problems, but I'm done for now.

Report from hell?

So essentially you are mad that it is a Cavia game.

I think it was called Rise of Nightmares for the Kinect.

Cavia is dead user. Nier killed it. You're essentially saying Cavia is full of retards who don't know how to make games.

Yes, putting a level select in after you beat the majority of the content means you don't know how to make games, or the fact that leveling up exists. Great argument user.

i feel the exact opposite. the puzzle missions were baller as fuck but literally everything else about that game sucked turbodick

Hot damn

It does if you make replaying that content pointless for reasons I already described which are tied to the leveling system.

The point is to not miss out on the story content, how are you such a dense fucking beep boop? If you want to play the game again with a lower level and without your perks you can RESTART IT.

FUCKING SPACE KIDS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But actually, I've been a bit of a jerk throughout this conversation, at least tonally. So what would you want to fix what you don't like about it? A Kingdom Hearts style level slider and EXP Zero skill?

What if I want the my perks? What if I want to fight bosses with move sets I could have used previously because I couldn't have unlocked enough weapons yet?

Simple fixes? Give debug mode a little more freedom. There's no reason it shouldn't be able to adjust your level, or enemy level, considering the other gamebreaking shit it can do anyways. Debug mode should also let you play any part of the game with any character. The first of the two secret superbosses can only be fought with a character that has a shit moveset, and despite there being no real problem with doing so, the boss cannot be spawned in the debug arena. Rebalance enemy attack/hp ratios so they don't break so quickly. The game was perfectly balanced for hard mode in the demo on the PS4, and they somehow fucked it up on release. Make most common enemies move a little faster, so they're more threatening. I'd make the EMP machines a permanent addition to various parts of the world after the story sequence in which they appear, and make them more aggressive in their EMP attacks, since they currently only use them when damaged sufficiently and tend to break before they can use them. They had more threatening and interesting combat than other enemies and it's a shame they were only used for a short story sequence. I might think of more things later.

couldn't* have used

Fun fact. If it wasn't for the Morrowind Xbox port we would have gotten Daggerfal v2. If had gotten Daggerfall v2 with modding then Minecraft wouldn't have existed. Essentially, we were cheated out of best ending by Activision's meddling.

*best timeline
fuck I'm tired.

Sounds like you're just bad.

(You)
Here, slut.

EVE Online.., God I wish there was something with the meta game of EVE but the combat of a space flight sim game.

Fuck you we all know that's not going to come even close to the hype that has built it up. And goddammit CCP why did you have to kill Dust 514 by developing it for a console at the end of its life span?

It does, in fact I like everything about it but even people in my region I struggle to get a decent connection with for some reason. Fightcade (which, they're both GGPO right?) and even SFV I've had more consistent experience with online.

My blood brothers.

You can always go get the ring from Daena's quest at the very beginning, but it only allows you to share EXP you pick up with your party members and not vice-versa. I can't recall if it could be equipped on Bud or Lisa, but I doubt it.

I also believe that although its crafting system (or really all of its systems) were too cryptic it would be perfect for an MMO. Where they sometimes like to try and sell you on the idea that you can be a legendary master craftsmen. With a system like LoM you could. A system where there are no descriptions for anything forcing only the most dedicated and autistic to figure it out through sheer trial and error and experimentation. They could reach new breakthroughs resulting in trade secrets and become notorious in the community for hoarding knowledge and being a huge Jew. Or become well renowned and celebrated in sharing their knowledge like with the Kelson Method. Hopefully there'd be a way to implement that without it being data mined.

Dunno. A man can dream.

sunless sea

good post, perfect example

At least they fixed Baynonetta's worst fault. And by that I mean Bayonetta. Alice is cute.

A E S T H E T I C

I love these fucking games, and I knew what I was in for before I started them, but there is no excuse for their shortcomings.
Thank you for taking the time to listen to the other user air out our grievances with the game.
Personally I would suggest removing the level system entirely, and make your character progression based entirely and obtaining and upgrading chips. Which was the most clever system in the game. Oh and to also remove the silly Dark Souls-esque system where dying makes you lose your chips. They can keep player corpses for dramatic effect and buffs though.

This I more or less agree with.

Metal Gear Solid

It's really the most glaring flaw. And not hard to fix either. At least on PC you can change your level with cheatengine.

I only tried Warframe once and quit shortly after I realized how much a of a grind it was gonna be.
I heard about that. Was it some new writer retconning shit?

Up until that update they were very vague about what the Tenno actually were. I would have preferred they had stayed that way. Hell they could have had something if they just said the ship was the Tenno, and they could have added the grind layers they wanted still.

>routinely dickfucks you if you don't know the EXACT pathway to the ending didn't grab BOTH keys while you were in the tree? Hope you like finding out 3 bosses later and 30 minutes of grueling gameplay that you're locked out of the fucking door needed to get to he last stretch of the game

It's a masterpiece in many ways but the gameplay isn't one of them.

The game is actually being given a quasi-relaunch at the end of June as Secret World Legends. Slight graphical improvements and a big overhaul to combat are promised. The original version will still remain playable, instead of getting the SWG "New Game Experience" treatment.

First post best post.
It's one of those games that are better watched on youtube than actually played.
Also drakengard.

And if I recall correctly, can't you lock variables at certain numbers, so you could be eternally at 0 exp?

this fucking game. glad it's no longer for sale on PC, at least

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY VEE YOU FUCKING CASUAL SHIT

Morrowind with a VR device is a life changing experience.

Killzone
Characters after 1 were trash though
Everytime

nice reddit meme faggot

Or what about the Mystery crafting system or the pet system

No clues no objective or the land placement. Random not intuitive crazy bonkers at every level You need a strategy guide to actually understand anything going in the game.

And yet still I love it I hated the combat i hated synthesis and the pure randomness of drops/sprits.

The storyline the art the strangeness there was a dispite the somewhat cutsey graphics such a undertone of somberness and darkness.

youtube.com/watch?v=IiK6YSTvPaQ&list=PLVDDl9QjMbTKH9_ldpS141l7glMuwJQUQ&index=50

Perhaps the greatest saving grace of legend of mana is that unlike chronocross Although the combat sucked the storyline never blue balled me like chrono cross did at the end.

Although I wonder about the ending. some interpretations are the world ending and the entire games storylines are the dying dreams of the goddess of mana.

For all its spooky oppressive atmosphere, nothing actually happens. That thing 2 seconds into the trailer, that's what the game needs. A leviathan under the waves that actually does something outside of a text box, something you can't actually fight against and just hope you can run from.

And, rather than make the fucking sequel, Ubisoft is making a "Kill the Dumpf Supporters" simulator.

>Yes, I know it's an adaptation of the comic.

Any of the Witchers

Dark Souls 3.

test0