Does anyone else think this game is a little underrated?

Does anyone else think this game is a little underrated?

It's like if Michael Mann and some dudes from the True Detective production crew smoked meth in a hotel room and brainstormed for 18 hours.

Its an absolute trash video game
How much of shit taste do you have to call this turd which had to buy good reviews underrated?

The only faggot here is you for liking this turd
Fuck off back to your unpopular opinions containment threads.

First one was fine but rough around the edges, second one I wouldnt touch.

I've never played the first one, but I enjoy the aesthetic of the second. Like everything was recorded on a shitty early-2000s nokia

I never played it, but it's always been something that I've had a fleeting interest in. I loved the first game, and did a playthrough of it in one sitting the last two acts of the game fucking sucked, though. Turned into Call of Duty and it was all the worse because of it.

I do intend to give this game a go sometime, but I think they tried to be too experimental and fringe in all of the wrong ways. That would've been fine for a new Manhunt game, but it felt out of place for K&L since the first one was so enjoyable.

I remember being in high school too.

>>>/reddit/

the same thing happens in this one too. I'd like to see this IP go to a dev more experienced with 3rd person shooting. IO seems only equipped to shell out hitman.

I'm sure you do. I bet you think about it daily. Don't kill yourself too quick, now.

OP you don't have to be that defensive about your shit thread.

Saw your pic while on the front page and just wanted to let you know how unbelievably leddit you are.

please point to the part of the context or my post that shows that made you think posting that wasn't completely out of the blue

the game is like 3 hours long, they charged $60 for it

NO ITS NOT UNDERRATED

refer to pic related:

You showed those highschoolers, dude. They wouldn't dare step to you now. You have a managerial position at publix. You're going places.

got it for like 3 bucks on steam on year.

As always, OP is a massive faggot.

What the fuck is a publix?

oh it took me a bit to notice the >>> Reddit in the picture
awful format
but the rest is like… well… im not even sure if reddit views 9gag in a negative light, so there goes that analogy
i wont bother making a proper one, you probably wouldnt understand it anyway since you're from reddit

This game's visual effects are unbearable. I couldn't pass third level.

Afraid that your homosexual tendencies come out if you see man's bare butt?

no no actually maybe you would understand one
imagine I'm in a gun club, a typical day there, and then all of a sudden you, a stranger barges in with a bad handgun
when every member of the club calls him out on how bad the gun is, you just hold up pictures that signal how out of touch you are and DON'T REFUTE THE ARGUMENTS OF THE CLUB MEMBERS

Yeah, it's not perfect but it does beat GTA5 11-0 when it comes to doing urban crime.

I hated the shaky cam when you run. Legit got motion sickness

Gun clubs are for people with baby dicks, why would you be there lmao

Must be a great game if you have no positive arguements for it :^)

That was the prequel you uneducated fuck.

- >>

A prequel isn't whatever came before. A prequel is a sequel that takes place before whatever came before.

A gun is a gun, it can kill you regardless. I can sort of imagine a robber jumping at you in a dark alley and you start lecturing him about how the grip is of poor quality and the bullets are not even going to hit you. Lol

But you understood what I was trying to say, right? Fuck off then.

What now faggot :^)

Soccer is basketball because I don't know any better.

You could have picked a better comparison

rollin

Words have meanings, a prequel is not a previous work in a series, and basketball is not soccer. Seems like a fine comparison to me.

how are you supposed to roll the last three

Why do you care so much about some random sperg misusing a word?

Why do you care so much that some random sperg misidentified a game?

I asked first

rolling for nen

Autism, probably.

roll

I've never seen this one before and it intrigues me. Rolling.

I liked Kane and Lynch 1.
I wanted to buy 2 and play it with my cousin, but he lives with his parents and they wouldn't let us play it.
Multiplayer on 1, when it wasn't a killfest as soon as you started, was great.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD YOU FUCK

In an attempt to save this thread, I'll play devil's advocate and attempt to defend Kane and Lynch 2 on behalf of OP, because its blatantly obvious he lacks the capacity to do it himself.

Let's begin with the story. The game starts sometime after the events of K&L, with Lynch apparently having fled to Shanghai and Kane meeting up with him for some sort of arms deal, one final job to set them up financially, for the rest of their lives. Lynch gets sidetracked and ends up shooting the GF of some fucker that owes him money, turns out the GF was the daughter of an influential businessman. From here on out the story becomes one of survival and about how one small, but stupid mistake, throws all of Kane and Lynch's plans off kilter. As the game progresses, the situations Kane and Lynch find themselves in become increasingly dire, from Lynch's GF/Wife getting kidnapped, to them both getting tortured and eventually apprehended by the military. What keeps you going on an initial play through, is seeing just how bad these situations get and how somehow the main characters manage to avoid getting killed. The ending is a pretty damp squib I must admit, ending very much on another cliff hanger with Kane and Lynch blasting their way through dozens of armed police and escaping Shanghai on a hijacked airliner and the game then cutting to black. I will admit, there are still loose ends, many relating to the first game. But as a standalone experience, the story isn't terrible it just at times feels like a half-hearted justification for shooting up half of Shanghai.

As far as the gameplay goes, K&L2 is very much a product of its time as around the time the game was released, games like Gears of War were nearing the height of their popularity, cover shooters were the 'in thing' at the time. I don't think this is too much of a detriment, the gameplay in and of itself works, using cover is effective, you can blind-fire, and there's a decent variety of weapons to ensure the gunplay isn't too bland. However, one could argue that there's a distinct lack of variety overall, with most missions revolving around progressing through levels in a linear fashion with only one turret segment to pad things out. There are even less varied objectives compared to the first game, K&L2 also lacks the squad command abilities of its predecessor, losing the semi-tactical feel present in K&L, although it could be said that this gives the game a rougher feel, reflecting Lynch's shoot now, ask questions later attitude.

The graphical style is again a product of the time, 'shaky cam' style films were moderately popular around the time the game was released, following the theatrical release of Cloverfield and an attempt by other filmmakers to mimic this style. The shaky cam and blurry camera effects are not to everyone's taste admittedly and so the game does look rather gimmicky in hindsight. Thankfully the camera effects can be turned off in the options menu, making the game look more like the previous title, so I suppose this is something of a positive, that the devs were forward thinking enough to acknowledge that not everyone likes to be made to feel like they're being thrown around in a tumble dryer.

The multiplayer (which can be played with bots under the 'Arcade Mode' tab), is honestly what sets the game apart from a lot of other shooters at the time. 'Fragile Alliance' is a co-op mode which operates like a vastly slimmed down version of Payday, you start of in a section of the map, storm the Garrison, steal some loot and get to the escape point. The twist however is that you can be a dick to your team-mates and eliminate them mid heist, rendering you the 'traitor', this can work to your advantage in gaining more money and more experience to level up and acquire better weapons. There are other modes on top of this, such as the 'undercover cop' mode in which 1 player is chosen at random to be a cop tasked with sabotaging the heist. There's also the cops vs. robbers mode which is really the closest thing to a pure PVP experience that the multiplayer has to offer. I like the idea behind the multiplayer, the game doesn't fuck around and basically lets you know straight up that you are the bad-guys, it doesn't sugar coat things and there's something devilishly satisfying about playing as a team of untrustworthy, black hearted, bastards.

In short, the game isn't horrible but it was hardly GOTY material.

No, most people who have actually thought about it will acknowledge that the underlying ideas were interesting but that the execution was terrible. At the end of the day gameplay is king and both K&L games are boring as fuck to actually play.

I should add: there might be an argument certain types of RPG can live on the strength of their writing alone but that's the exception to the rule.

That's been known to kill threads.

Kill threads filled with plebbit maybe

I like the series too, at least they tried to innovate and do something different (especially for their time) in terms of plot, setting and characters. I mean, they're not GOTY material but are really underrated. I guess most people are just colossal faggots and don't like or identify with the gritty atmosphere. Gameplay wise they're not worse than Spec Ops: The Line, a game that enjoyed a much better reception.

Still, they're games one should play mostly for the story and characters to properly enjoy them, not for the gameplay (just like SO: The Line).

Bullshit. It might come close to 3 hours, if you're on your third consecutive playthrough on easiest difficulty and skip all cutscenes (which are plentyful)

You can individually disable each one of the effects or all of them in the settings. Faggot.

I legitimately liked first game. It had pretty neat gimmicks like giving orders to your npc partners or having snipers point of view, when you have to dodge them. So i disliked sequel on two levels: it's shity game on it's own and it's a shity sequel.

grocery chain in Florida

rollin

I liked the visual style.

Much like Drakengard, K&L 2 seems to have been intentionally designed as a piece of shit videogame. (Let me say right now that Drakengard pulled it off much better, however.)

The story is about two pieces of shit taking a simple weapons deal and fucking it up at every turn. Every character is awful. You spend most of the game crawling through grey, rainy urban shitholes filled with subhuman gooks trying to kill you. The guns you have access to for about 75% of the game handle like the no-budget chink pieces of shit they are and can't hit the broad side of a barn. And especially like Drakengard, the gameplay consists of constantly killing groups of enemies before moving on to killing another group of enemies, all while being followed by the world's shakiest cameraman and having to listen to one of the character's insane ramblings. The end of the game involves the pair hijacking an international flight which will surely end in them being either killed or apprehended. The hardest difficulty relies on you ignoring the cover system, where the AI can still hit you, in favor of exploiting the hitboxes of your character so you can safely hit the bullet sponge chinks who have pinpoint accuracy with your mac-10 which has a first-shot spread that means you're going to spend most of your ammo trying to simply hit the enemies in the first place much less get headshots which OHK both the enemy and you. Also there's a bug about 3/4 of the way through the game which makes switching shoulders, an important gameplay aspect, take about 20 seconds. Once you have the bug, it cannot be gotten rid of at least until you restart the entire campaign. (I wouldn't know, I'm not going to play it again.)

Played through the game on the hardest difficulty with my friend. Wouldn't do it again, it's a bad game full stop, but I admired the aesthetic and philosophy behind the entire thing.

Could have been good. Had some great character design and aesthetics. The Retomoto Tower level remains one of my favorite in any heist game. It even had a great soundtrack, courtesy of Jesper Kyd. I thought Kane & Lynch 2 likewise had great visual design and was placed in a really interesting setting.

Unfortunately the series was brought down by subpar writing and a lack of content. I'd love to see the IP sold to a competent studio who could give it a proper reboot, because the concept deserves a lot more love than it received.

it's not just florida, it's a huge portion of the southeastern united states

managers at publix are actually well-compensated and have great benefits, like healthcare and stock options

roll

I really like the first one and did not understand why it got so much hate. The gameplay was your pretty standard 3rd person shooter but the story had some decent emotional compelling moments. I don't understand why everyone says Kane and Lynch were both unlikable assholes, I felt sympathy for both of them especially Kane who is desperately trying to reconnect with his daughter while she hates his guts.

I agree, I liked that shitty Youtube filter and the pixelated/censored faces when you do a headshot. The multiplayer mode had a feature that was interesting (the robbers could act like lone wolves whenever they wanted) but ended up fucking up the game everytime because people were killing each others before they even started the heist.

please summoner or ranger

I am thoroughly disappointed and demand a re-roll

All of I can remember of 1st is that the graphics were weird and I felt like I was in heaven or the movie divergence.

Loved the first one.
Only played 15 minutes of the second one and forgot about it.

My only experience of this game (and it will remain that way) was a co-op LP. Retarded story, bargain basement spunkgargleweewee and motion sickness. It was dreadful.

>JPEG artifacts up the ass
What game is it?

Wasn't this game so shit even a game journalist couldn't shill for it in good conscience?

Hank Hill ass.

Rollin'

It got really stupid toward the end from what I vaguely recall, like borderline super soldier shit and I just threw my hands up and fucked off to something else.

What a gay.

The real question is "how are you supposed to roll the first?"
You can't get an 1 with 2 dice.

2nd one is the best
absolute shit tier

Yoink!

roll

Honestly forgot that there was a dice feature on this site. Is it still around? Anyway rollin.