All my friends love it

What's that game you want to love but no matter how hard you try, it's just not fun to you?

I cannot enjoy the original Mario games, I simply cannot.
I've tried them so many times, but I just fucking hate them.

I've never found a game that I haven't found fun.

Deus Ex and Morrowind. I don't really like stealth games in general, but I feel like I'm cheating by going in guns blazing. What kills Morrowind for me is the movement speed. I've focused every gold I've earned to pump up athletics, but I realized how that's going to fuck me when it comes time to level up. I also felt the same way about your game OP. It just felt like a chore to play.

SS13

Your movement speed is more heavoly based on speed. If you want you can use console commands to put speed up to 80 or 90. Morrowind was kind of in that awkward spot where it really wasnt supposed to be an open world rpg or a dungeon crawler. It was kind of shit at both. Its a meme game to break and thats it.
Deus ex on the other hand is completely viable to play either steath or fps.

Literally any waifu bait game or JRPG.

They all just look utterly uninteresting

That seems weird, because I don't get the point of athletics then. I'll try to reroll again with a focus on speed. I don't mind everything else, it's just so fucking slow to move around that it hurts. If I'm still chugging, I'll go to the commands, thanks. Then I'll give Deus Ex another chance with a bigger gun emphasis.

Athletics i think minorly effected speed. Its mainly a stat you pick if you cant think of anything else you want or if you want to power level. Speed is the big one you want if you want to go faster. I think there is also a quest that gives you a pair of boots that makes you go so fast that you could clip into walls but it makes you blind. There is a spell that negates that i think so you can use those to really get around the map.

LoL. Can't stand the assfaggots/crapcunts shit no matter how hard I try but everyone I know loves the fuck out of it.

They hate it on the inside and only pretend to love it because theyre 200 dollars into it and dont want to leave. Thats how they get you.

Appreciate the help, hopefully this will work out.

You should be thankful you're immune to that crap. It's the only genre of gaming I've seen that is irredeemable.

(checked)
Boots of Blinding Speed user.

The farthest I've gotten was the 5th Colossus, the game is really not what I look for in a game

Got it.

It is the boss rush focus and/or controls?

More so the boss rush, I had no problems getting use to the controls.

Nier automata.
Every time I push myself to play more of it, I'm just bored to tears and sometimes even annoyed by the characters.
1 wasn't like that, dammit, what happened?

Dark Souls.

Love the art, hate the controls/camera.

Taro is a dumb ass who can't write for shit so he relies on tropes so that you're having the same points hammered into you that you clearly understood by the first ending and you have to suffer through so many more endings that beat it in even more.

The fact that he's such a self-centered egotist he thinks he's being "Profound" by wearing that stupid mask of his everywhere doesn't help either.

"I'm only known for Nier and thats what I will always be known for because that was my biggest success! Pity me for I am an artist"

Yeah Shia Labouf did the same thing with his "I'm not famous anymore" paper bag mask and look what happened.

The gameplay was pretty interesting though a bit tedious at times. The problem I had is the story is complete shit and there's so much dialogue. I will never understand why people praise it around here. Also, losing a battle and having to skip through 10 minutes of dialogue then having to go step by step through the battle plan is infuriating.

Most people in a video game group I'm in love realistic military shooters (Rising Storm, Project Reality), WRPGs (OG Fallouts, New Vegas, Underrail), and RTS (Age of Empires). I've gone into all genres with an open mind and just can't get into them. I'm a console/arcadefag at heart and there's only one or two other guys like that in the group. Ironic since the group's main game is Serious Sam.

You're fucking retarded. Show me one single time where Taro has praised himself. For every positive thing he says about himself, he has a 100 negative ones. Dude is a top-tier autist. And you really think he wears to mask for "art"? Jesus, you're completely delusional.

But no user, forgive me. You're the smartest and best and know everyone's intentions and you're better than them for it. You don't know shit about his games and less about him. You probably haven't even seen his GDC talk.

No fix for that, you're better off putting it down. If you liked the atmosphere and didn't mind the controls, maybe try Ico.

There's your problem, user.

Looks like I activated your almonds really hard there. Did I say he praised himself? I said he was self centered you dong gobbler.

Also, why the fuck would I keep playing his games when the point of them is hammered into me so hard over and over again that it's too annoying to play anymore?

So tell me, why does he wear the mask?

MMORPGs. Ive tried WoW, I've gotten to level 50 twice on seperate servers in FF14, I've tried playing Lineage 2, Ragnarok, Tera, FF11, Aion, EQ2, and Blade and Soul. I didnt like any of them. Out of all of them Lich King WoW was probably the most enjoyment I had. It doesnt help I stop reading the quest text after the 100th one. So much filler.

You're really bent out of shape about this years new JAP DEV WHO CAN DO NO WRONG

Last year it was kojima but i think they're both hacks in equal measure.

Yea, not like his giant stupid mask he wears in public because "I don't want to be famous" (your local grocery bagboy has a chance at infamy than a video game lead of all fucking things - or at the most - can pretend to be famous like kojima) isn't an indicator of his huge ego.

any conceived notion about his humility is completely self-styled and disingenuous.

Like those attention whores at Cons who wear skimpy shit and then pose behind a THIS IS NOT CONSENT poster despite the fact that most of them will have sex for money from sad weebs like yourself.

tl;dr blow it out your ass and stop playing shitty games, you hemorrhoid.

You also sound like a potential ex-girlfriend of his or something.

Stop being pathetic.

After rereading your comment, I felt inspired to make some OC

What're you his gay lover?

Hey friend, you don't have to double space after

every

single

line

I just hate the controls especially for air combat.

Stop being a faggot and you'll enjoy Valkyria Chronicles

I don't even care man, it was fun.

Almost all multiplayer games. Especially games like MGS5 that are basically pretty good single player games that have horseshit multiplayer tacked on to make everything more ass. I don't think I've done any online related stuff in MGS5, but that doesn't mean that half my inventory isn't stored online, and becomes inaccessible whenever they update the server.

Chrono Trigger I've tried a number of times and even got pretty dang far but it never stops looking, feeling, acting like baby's first RPG to me, I also don't get the big attraction to the multiple endings other than the fact that the devs/writers actually pulled it off. I think I did beat Lavos once it just sticks in my craw.

I could never get into any shmups.

ahh fuck that game was so bad

…but then again the rule34 of those cow udders… fuck I've fapped to those countless times. So maybe it's not so bad after all

Which is ironical, since you weren't even born when Chrono Trigger came out.

Witcher 3.

That's because it is. Nice music though.

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. It hurts even more that I waited nine years to finally buy it with my own money, only to be so disappointed with something that sounds mechanically great on paper. But it's honestly just not enjoyable and broken as shit, even with patches. Hmm, I was pretty bored of Binding of Isaac as well and I really wanted to get into that game too.

World of Warcraft is also another game I wish I could love but it's just so fucking boring to play, even with friends. I don't think I've ever played a MMORPG that I've stuck with till the end.
It bewilders me that anyone still plays the trash that is MMORPGs and this new trend of multiplayer open-world survival sandbox games.

Project Zero. The combat's a pile of shit, and this is coming from someone who likes classic Resident Evil.

Every MMO except Guild Wars 1, League of Legends, CS:GO, Magic: The Gathering.
My friends played them all the time and invited me, but after 2 weeks i always stopped because of boredom.

I always get the 'empty space' simulator feel by the time I get like 4-5 levels in and get bored

Main, actual CS in general. Bomb Defusal can't hold my attention. I have more fun in prison game, deathmatch, and surfing.

Breath of the Wild is not just a shitty game but it is a lazy in its art choices and everyone gets mad when I explain how shitty its is.

I get bored of it pretty quick, honestly

We have the technolgy to make amazing things render in real time and what do they make the main collectables look like? A fucking sphere.

But its not just the main collectable that is a sphere, its also the "boss" drops.

Contrast to MM where the technology was fucking archaic and yet they made specific models for each boss drop. They didn't just slap a symbol on a sphere and call it a day.

To compare, WW did indeed use spheres with symbols on them but it made sense thematically because they were pears. Pearls are related to the ocean, the ocean being the main fucking stich for the entire game.

Why are they orbs in BoTW

Fucking hell, in OoT they could have used the same exact model for the medallions with a different texture for each of them but they didn't. They put in the effort to at least change the model a little for each of them

He's autistic you normalfaggot. The guy admitted a while back that all his games are shit.

There is also the fact that much of the games content, the shrines, are unrelated single room puzzles.
Not to mention the fact they put in god damn level scaling in a god damn zelda game.

Yeah pretty much my experience. I dont mind the shitty art as much as the boring gameplay, the enemies suck, the mini dungeons are ok but the main ones are too small, it was a step forward for the zelda games but two steps back in complexity

Yeah the camera is retarded, even if you turn off "Camera auto wall recovery".

There is also the fact that they only way to regain health in a combat situation is to eat food.
But monsters don't drop food, you have to forage for food separately from combating monsters.
But killing animals takes up weapons durability so after hunting you may end up having to go farm monsters for weapons.
So if you get hurt while fighting monster you either have to go back to the food gathering, creating a cycle that interrupts gameplay or you have to interrupt gameplay and find a bed or a fire to rest at.
And if you do choose to get food by hunting you can't even do so at normal walking speed, you have to fucking sneak around which slows down the game even more. Hell you can't even get fairys without having to sneak.
If you run out of healing items in a "dungeon" you can't even just find the one fairy they left and bottle it so you can stand a better chance. You have to leave the dungeon to go get food.

Can you provide specifics as to how it was a step forward in any regard?

Persona 5. I played through 2 3 and 4 multiple times, and have played and enjoyed many other SMT games.

I'm on the third dungeon and haven't touched it in weeks.

The dodge-counter system is a step behind windwaker. In WW when you you did a counter attack after a dodge you wouldn't fucking teleport if the enemy was a long distance away because the combat wasn't needlessly open.

BoTW also doesn't have a hookshot meaning the only way to make vertical movements is to start a fire and use the updraft with the para-glider, attach a fulton extraction baloon to an object and ride it up, climb; and pray to god that it doesn't start raining, or use the glitch with za warudo stasis and standing on objects.

The world is not just linear, its also way bigger than any other game, the survival like weapon system is good imo , people that are afraid of breaking weapons and complain about having to hoard them do suffer for being greedy, because there are a ton of high damage weapons lying around.

I also liked the food system because you have to be prepared to face the adversities. Asking for enemies to drop health just takes away that element of the game.

I liked the survival style even if its not perfect and the open world. And I did not like the lack of actual content. Thats why say uts a step forward in one thing and two steps back in another

Windwaker had a god damn ocean, and just like how the navigating the great sea was spent traveling from one predesignated place of importance to another with the occasional enemy in the way, so is BoTW a metaphorical sea of nothing with islands of relevance.

What it takes away is unnecessary padding to an entry in a series that is known for its dungeons.

Survival style? There is no fucking survival system. You can't starve to death, you can't pass out due to overexertion, there is no mechanics for sleep deprivation.
Sure you can die to heat or cold, but thats it and all you have to do is change your cloths or eat a food that makes it less bad and that is barely a survival mechanic.

It's not an exploit. It's unfortunately, 100% intended.
I wish it wasn't. It was more fun not knowing about scout rushing.

Assfaggots (specifically Dota)
Path of Exile

Holla Forums shits on a developer that might as well be their kin
The great irony of imageboards

He's right. It's absolute garbage as an open world game and worse as a zelda game.

Hearty items completely destroy the food crafting system. Also the lack of a magic meter was disappointing. Would have been nice to make rods go off of that instead of the pointless durability system.

No need to pretend that some malnourished, autistic normalfaggot fucktard stands for Holla Forums.

SMT

1/10 made me reply.

Anyone who actually plays video games knows BotW is an achievement in actually accomplishing things so many liars have promised in the past. Anyone who says BotW is shit is just a baby who takes Holla Forums way too seriously and ACTUALLY hates everything. You know you're not supposed to take Holla Forums seriously, right? How old are you?

It's not the best game ever, but whether you like it or not, it's definitely not shit.

Protip: Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it's "shit". Learn to communicate properly and you won't sound like such a mouthbreather all the time.

You seem to be taking it pretty serioiusly

It's shit.
There is more but I'm too lazy to add it all.
Even MGS5 is more finished than this tavesty. Hopefully in the next one they give us a fucking game.

In response to this post, I'd just like to ask you the same questions you're asking your audience:
You know you're not supposed to take Holla Forums seriously, right? How old are you?

Yea I gotta agree with the user here, BOTW feels like they got together and went "want if we added this" but never really fleshed out a lot of stuff, its a boring game through and through.

Thought I hated the most was not being able to keep the monster mounts, guess it was to much effort to program a monster stable for my skele horse and bear.

7/10 made me reply good on you. You really got me with the reddit picture

Anyway, further comparison on the lazy use of orbs can be made to OoT's goddess' gifts. Indeed in OoT they used an orb effect to signify the transmitting of a power to the player and the items art and models do in fact have a sphere, but at least they added more to it then just leaving it as a sphere.

I realize at this point I probably sound obsessed with spheres, but the thing is, if you are designing a magical object then the easiest thing you can make it is a sphere. This isn't to say that all magical objects must be complex hard to describe things, its just that there are implications with geometric shapes. Spheres are as basic as you can get.

This is the direction that Zelda will be going in from now on. It has been watered down to the point where retards can all enjoy it with no difficulty but think they are accomplishing something worth their time.
Also to be fair IIRC the master sword has broken before.

For story reasons though. Not every 20 swings.

But in BOTW you can get one shotted easily within moments of starting, wouldn't that make the game harder?

Same thing can happen in Skyrim. I understand what you're trying to say though. The one-shot bullshit is really just padding play time.

Wait, I just skimmed the recent replies, but are you niggers really bitching about the breakable Master Sword in BotW now?

Has Holla Forums really gotten this casual? Jesus fuck. Having an indestructible infinite-use master sword would make the game complete fucking shit and easy after getting it. The point is to continue to encourage the player to actually explore the world and gather items

It's more of a lore thing, I'm assuming.
Imagine a game where the goal was the get Excalibur, the holy sword of legend spoken of only in legend, only to actually get it and realize it's about as strong as an Iron Sword +3 and breaks when you beat a highwayman over the head with it.

Nigger the entire durability system is shit. I actually wanted to use the giant broom for most of the game and they wouldn't let me. It's one of the weakest weapons and I couldn't even have fun with it.

I suppose, but even then the Master Sword is never truly breakable, and its completely OP against Guardians, and the Full Health Power Shoots are still there as well. People are just autistic I guess. Don't get me wrong, the game is shit unless you're one of those people who can appreciate solid Open Worlds, but the Master Sword is not one of the reasons why its shit.

I think it encourages players to get more creative, I've had weapons break in the middle of fighting moblins so I killed them off by throwing shit at them with magnesis. It actually gives an extra element to what would otherwise be generic press-A-to-win Zelda combat

Players were plenty creative when they had 10+ tools to approach a combat situation, especially in LttP and TP.

As opposed to morbidly obese socialites?

Crusader Kings 2, in fact any game where the goal is to "make your own story" I just can never get into it enough, and I hate it because I can read others accounts and laugh my head off having your paragon of virtue accidentally birth the antichrist.

I try playing it and all I feel like is I'm reading a spreadsheet, and doing it poorly as well.

I'd argue the opposite is true
People are more creative when they're constrained as they're forced to think around their constraints

Nah it was pretty shit, my dude.

Of all the things you could complain about in BotW, that's what you pick?

Wouldn't it be the opposite if that were the case, waifu bait is pretty accepted around here.

God tier doujin series.

Every single thing made by Atlus

I can stomach through the tedious gameplay of valkyria, but I really can't stand tthat half of the units have drawback traits that makes them unplayable. That and being hindered by a comrade because they have a certain characteristic is bullshit, especially if it's a fucking war.

Undertale. I'm a sucker for that 4th wall garbage and integration of gameplay and story, but the story itself has to be good in the first place. I loved NieR despite its uncountable amount of flaws, but that had a good story. References to anime and singing kumaya at the end is not a good story.

Try The Metal Age and Deadly Shadows. TMA is a vast improvement whilst Deadly Shadows is different in a good way/

user pls, i can't find anything. google, tineye, and saucenao give me nothing.

Total War, or any grand strategy game in general.

Well, the point is that much of the Militia is made up of conscripts/draftees, so you end up with the old folks/youngins, pacifists, the witless, etc. It makes sense that you're forced to draw from a soldier pool filled with flawed individuals. I'd be more concerned with the fact that the professional military is doing so poorly that they're getting surpassed by old men and children.

To be honest the game's pretty forgiving in how you still build up an entire squad of skilled individuals who have all the necessary traits to be professional soldiers. Moreso when it's not just understandable situations like pic related where you get people who were hunters and shit, but a goddamn florist ends up being an excellent shocktrooper.

I think the single biggest flaw was making your battle success based almost entirely on how many turns it took to capture the enemy HQ. Time should have been a factor, sure, but if I managed to capture a town after annihilating all opposition forces without a single casualty on my end, that damn well be considered a total victory.

Final Fantasy Tactics.
I've tried to get into many, many times. I find it slower than death and boring as hell. I like other SRPGs, but I can't find a single fuck to give for FFT no matter how hard I try.

Doom 3 & Resurrection of Evil. Beat the main game but still don't like it. NuDoom is better tbh. I also don't like HL2. Half life one was fun but HL2 was 90% boring go-karts shit.

that pretty good bait user

(checked)
I forgot that one. I love tactical rpgs but could never get into FFT. But I think its just because I never splayed enough of it to understand its systems fully.

Nigga what