Anyone actually enjoying this shitshow of a game? If so, dear god - why?

Anyone actually enjoying this shitshow of a game? If so, dear god - why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LpAOxCMma64
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=LpAOxCMma64

throw this jew propaganda in the can

Checked

Game's an utter disappointment, but I do enjoy a spot of fun with the board that's so similar to cuck/pol/ it might as well be a shared server.

Fags, all of you

I am. It's Dark Souls with a technological flair. Too little variety on rigs though, I'm halfway through the game and I'm still using the first weapon and rigs.

I don't remember Dark Souls being shit though.

Consider the following.

The game tries to be something cool and unique, when you first start the game it looks all well and dandy until you go further in and the cancer kicks in.

The game is a complete garbage, they started off the game just fine, and the more you delve in the more you see how crazed they are with the idea of being better at Dark Souls they completely forget what makes a game fun.

This whole experience reminds of Dark Souls 2.

Not fun.

There are really quality moments and really shitty moments lost izalith is literally indefensible garbage that luckily averages out to an above average game.

But they do. For example, the three legged cyclops with the lightning rod:
-When charging, he'll recoil for about half a second, then charge
-When swiping, he'll withdraw the rod for about a second, then swipe twice, counter-clockwise then clockwise
-When doing the static discharge he won't attack for about two seconds, giving you time to react.
-When sucking you up, he'll charge it for about one and a half seconds.
The one enemy I find annoying to predict are the Berserkers, but they do have one combo that will give you a window of a couple of seconds. They'll charge, fast attack, then turn to you and heavy attack. That's when you hit them.
That's defined by your Stability stat. High stability will prevent you from getting comboed.
Sometimes. But that also happened with DS, especially the second for some reason.
Funnily enough, I disliked that system. It makes progression meaningless, since you can respec to be a heavy and lose little in the process, or nothing if you're using the same weapon class.

Did you stop playing after beating Anor Londo?

I see what you mean about the visual cues.

But the game basically rewards you for being an armored fuck when my play style is more of being armorless and dashing and dodging around. I find hard to do here.

Dark Souls 2, was, eugh, it was hard for the sake of being hard, it didn't have balanced encounters, it was a complete steaming pile of shit.

The upgrading system is no factor in my opinion in any way, I was just stating it, randomly, though I do like your opinion on the matter.

I wish I did, but I continued for titty chan. Anal Rodeo isn't hard if that's what you're implying.

Dashing and dodging is the best playstyle. Armor does almost nothing, blocking or dodging is the only way to stay alive. Jumping around like a rabbit on crack and using the jump or sprint attacks as much as you can is borderline overpowered compared to other combat styles. Twin-rigged weapons even have a combo that automatically jumps you backwards so you can re-initiate; vertical vertical horizontal.

The biggest problem I have with The Surge is that the game has a decent amount of mechanical depth but does a fuckawful job at teaching you any of it. Did you know that you can hold down the drone attack key while not targeting any enemy, and if you have enough energy the drone will store an attack that you can use later for free? This isn't explained anywhere or taught to you in any way, and it's a very useful mechanic.

hey

mom

look

at

my

retarded

ass

I

did

it

again.

Some people like things that way.

Combat in the surge is really about charging in with a fast attack from a heavy weapon and then killing the enemy while they are staggered from that. If you can't finish it confidently before it super armors your stuns, just back out and get ready to do another sliding attack.

If you are struggling with space you are doing combat wrong. The only enemies that really becomes an issue with are those robots that you have to attack from behind.

The ARC robots you have to attack from behind are easy once you know the trick. Use the drone's physical attack on them, and they'll be stunned for several seconds, making it very easy to get behind them.

They are easy enough as is unless they decide to stand in a doorway. But that's a neat tip anyway.

Yeah it's fun. Has some issues but it's been very enjoyable.

How could someone blessed with quints be so very wrong?

that's just wrong,
This is an improvement. Gotta work for those lost scrap.
Then learn to stop spamming buttons. You aren't trapped in a combo, you just stupidly queued attacks and get rekt because you queued too many at once when you shouldn't have.
Git Gud, haven't seen a single boss attack I haven't been able to dodge.
Yeah the horror that they want it to time it correctly instead of it being cut off instantly.
Just plain wrong, the level design is great.
There's only once in the entire game I felt that I lacked the space to fight an enemy.

Honestly user you sound like you really just need to get better at video games.

Only 5 bosses, and I'm thinking the rest are gonna be in DLCs, so fuck you gamers!

short and sweet. The enemy and weapon variety is somewhat limited, so it's good that the game ends before it becomes too repetitive.

Horse shit. This is the most blatant and pathetic attempt at targeted marketing ever.

I love how this idiot doesn't know how to favorite weapons and switch them on the fly (with keyboard, press C in inventory to mark a weapon as a favorite, and then press G during gameplay to instantly cycle between Favorited weapons)

pretty much. unlikely that it's not the devs trying to say 'these guys are so evil, they even subvert glorious diversity' and just being totally hamhanded about it

That's not really how things go though. The people in charge aren't trying to kill everybody (MAYBE the lead behind project Utopia, but he's pretty crazy). They simply refuse to admit they can do wrong. Hubris. They basically have their heads buried in the sand and whenever anybody tells them what's going to happen they get rid of them and call them crazy.

I'd say it does a pretty good job of accurately portraying how that will end.
The corporation in question silently scraps the idea of saving humanity in the way they advertised and instead goes with a plan to annihilate all but 5% of the human race. Said 5% being those that can afford the price tag of being turned into a shitty cyborg via NANOMACHINES.

Except before they were killed they were voting on whether to use project Utopia and the majority had voted Yes. Also if the Utopia guy was crazy wouldn't have given him full power and support while kicking out the Project Resolve team.

The project resolve team admitted to having problems. Utopia guy said he could make it work faster. So out with the problems and in with the new guy.

It's not even clear if the board knew that Utopia would kill everybody. If they were informed at all they were probably all in denial over it, at least the 3 who voted yes.

Exactly he could kill the population faster, which is what they wanted.

No what they wanted was their big project to be on schedule and under budget and without any failings to leak to the public, because the corporate image must be pristine. All of those little details are for the science guys to resolve.

I seriously think you're underestimating the people running this. You think they're seriously gonna dump millions/billions onto this project and not watch over it?

You can argue their backstory making sense but they're still retarded.
Well, good fucking luck Billy as that thing is now welded to your spine.

Nigger, I got bored to tears in less than two hours. Sure the exploration is cute but you keep fighting literally the same enemies time and time and goddamn time again and then some robot or shit cheapshots you round the cornerbetter fight those same enemies again!

Real talk I got the game, Don't ask how but I cannot pick up or interact with anything period. I can pick up the first and then it just "saves" forever. Anyone else have this issue?

Better hope you're not fighting those R&D security guys who can take off half your health with a kick that has no startup, or some weird tracking charge that's a one-shot if your health isn't exactly full. Or who could forget those security bots whose jump tracks perfectly through doors and around corners/obstacles, to the point that you might not even see them before they do 90% of your health because their aggro radius is 5x the other enemies. And tying enemy shields to a drone that'll permanently float outside of weapon range is just great too, no problem there.

Forcibly locking off earlier areas, either physically or with nigh-invincible enemies, is complete dogshit. Better hope you farmed up enough mk1 resources to make those proteus and gorgon sets, because nothing in those areas will drop the resources again. Only a compete retard would do that without some way of buying/converting basic materials from high-grade ones.

And despite your quick dash, half the weapon classes have a one-second startup on their first attack, and an equally long cooldown that leaves you to eat one of those kicks the enemies can pull out at random if you didn't get lucky and stagger them. You have no ranged options worth a shit, no shields, and are generally clumsier than the enemies. It's the work of someone who tried to copy souls mechanics without actually understanding why they're done that way.

Don't forget my favourite of die while channeling the bullshit finisher button.

Except for charging attacks, no input in a souls-style should ever have a forced input delay like that. Especially one where you have to stay close to an enemy.

You can craft directly to any rank (except 5). You do not have to start at mk1, you can craft with nothing but mk4 materials. You can similarly skip ranks when upgrading. I THINK the game adds together the scrap cost though, so it still costs the same either way.

This is the exact sort of thing they need to include in some sort of internal manual, or compilation of loading tips, or fucking something. Loading screen shit should be item descriptions, not essential gameplay mechanics.

I've seen some people claim that this is the most innovative soulswhatever. Full of fucking shit. The limb targeting and dismemberment are a marketing gimmick.

I do not believe that these games would benefit from a limb targeting system like this in the first place and is in fact a negative since it makes dealing with multiple enemies more annoying than it already is.

I was never a soulsfag so I've barely a point of reference in that regard. But I do have a massive problem with the game design in which this faggot I just beat to an inch of his miserable life suddenly takes half of my lifebar because I'm just standing there, holding my dick, and charging this thing.

I'm not to thrilled with invulnerability frames twenty+ second animations during which I can phase thru boss tier attacks because muh finisher actually locked in.

Are you blind per chance?

Maybe if you're garbage and don't stat correctly. Easy to do on a new release, though.

You hit armored limbs 4 times to get each class of new armor and occasionally if you need the extra mats, and then never fucking ever, because unarmored limbs both increase stagger and do considerably more damage. If it's all yellow, then hit the head.

Seriously, getting the body piece on those flamethrower/grenade launcher cunts was infuriating. Whoops, you didn't time one attack perfectly, let's kick you into a gas cloud and halve your health.

Visual cues don't matter when the starting attack on most weapons lasts 3 seconds and generally doesn't stagger. They can shoot out a halo of light, but it means fuckall if you aren't able to react because you're locked into over-long animations.

You're a visual cueer.

The real question is, does it have denuvo? Because denuvo actually fucked over the performance of lords of the fallen so I hope these faggots learned their lesson

No, I don't think it does.

No, it does not. The best thing I can say about The Surge is that the devs are learning from their mistakes, if slowly.

it's just a steam game, so if you have that crack it works IIRC

Woah I might actually buy this game after seeing if it runs on my system

This is like darksouls if people with less talent made it.
This might actually be worse than Lords Of The Fallen, at least that game was just forgettable.

It nice that the absence of anti-piracy makes people more likely to not pirate something. It's almost as if piracy is some sort of customer service/ease-of-access problem or something.

That's exactly what this is. It's a clone of dark souls made by a developer who isn't as experienced. Their last dark souls clone was shit, this one is ehh/10. I hope they get to make a third game, because that one might be actually good.

Almost completed NG+. Most of the enemie's attacks are telegraphed, but some such as the point blank sliding attack from Black Cerberus/Late stage enemies are terrible. At the same time, I started the game using Single Rigged, but switched over to Heavy after picking up the 4th's boss v.2 weapon. Most of the time I only start the fight with a dash attack, as the heavy weapon staggers most baddies on the first hit. The police doggo's tail can be cut off to reduce their moveset.

They do mention the drone charge up, right when you get the drone. One of the last sentences in it's brief explanation is (for xbox controller) hit Y to charge the drone. Many of the explanations can use more details. Such as blocking, you can only block in the one direction, with hitting up/down to dodge different attacks I.E if the berserker is charging at you, but hits you with the side attack(or the side jump) you would have to hold block, and slam down to do a duck, or just dash out of the way. And the low attacks I assume you can do the block+up to jump over them, or again, just dash out of the way.

I have no sense in taste, so I'd say the story is okay. Could of been better, but I do like collecting all the audio logs and looking at the reading "spots" in the R&D section, along with a little in Biolabs.

Yeah, the gist is Project Resolve: A toxin they are making/releasing into the atmosphere is trying to fix all the shit humans did to it, but it is slowly killing off people. A lot of humans are expected to start dying in a couple of decades based off the Resolve compounds. Dr. Hispanic Female (who was fired 3ish years ago and has been working "underground" in the biolabs is making/found the solution to Resolve's problem. So she wants you to give her new research to the Executives.

Project Utopia: They shoot Nanomachines into the atmosphere to fix it within a couple of months/years instead of decades. But this comes at the cost of 95% of the human population. Dr. R&D dude is making a "new" species, Homo Mechanis, to live as the better alpha race. The 5% would be people who paid for the nanite nervous system or whatever the hell that was, but Homo Mechanis would kill the 5% anyway/ the 5% turn into Homo Mechanis in order to survive. Perks include mental ability of a 2 year old or being controlled by the nanites.

The Indian dude trying to sell you CREO, and all their "benifits" hangs himself before you find him so that's pretty cool.

The Board Members are all dead, except for the barely alive one who hasn't voted on Project Utopia. I believe the Board did know what Utopia would do, as the founder has an audio log about being filled with regret about what they were going to do. Along with Black Cerberus(4th boss, and Leader of the Security team Echelon 9) has an audio log about 95% of the pop dying and how it's right in the long run. So even the security team knew, and them being the lapdogs they were, were going to be included in the 5%.

I'd rate 7/10. (I'm trash and I rate like trash)

Also git gud

Lol.

Would have been much better if there were enemies that lived and changed their attack stlye after they lost a limb.
I haven't played the game so that might be a thing, but I haven't seen anything like that from gameplay. Are there are least cool armor set or weapons?

I just want to know, is it still the same as Lords of the Fallen where youcan just do sprinting attacks over and over again because any other attacks with heavy weapons are worthless?

Later on there are some enemies that you have to kill twice, and if you killed them the first time via limb amputation they'll change up their attacks on their second wind. It mostly plays out how you described it would.

Never played Lords but yeah pretty much. There's also a dodge attack that's about equally useful

is right, you fight cyborgs who crawl around or do martial arts after you de-limb them. They're more a nuisance at that point rather than a genuine enemy. There's also some robot enemies where you can cut off limbs to get extra drops/remove attacks, but they only have the one limb, so it's more a case of "hit the only target that's not the main body."

Does the boss weapon still have the horrible windup the hammer and bloodhound do? Heavy weapons seemed to lack the reach to actually mitigate that windup compared to a Volatile Spectre.

Oh alright, that's pretty cool. How's the enemy variety? Is it mostly humanoids? If it is, are they at least noticeably different between areas?

Mostly humanoids. They are pretty different depending on which weapon type they use. There's a lot of difference between a dual wielding guy who rushes you, heavier weapon users that are mostly fodder, security guards with staves that block and stun all the time, and fucking flamethrowers, there's a couple more. Also 4 main types of non-huminoid 'bot.

is it fun

Around how many hours to complete the story?

It's not a masterpiece but I've yet to encounter any bugs, lopping off limbs is fun and the options screen has attention to detail which you only see if the devs actually give a fuck.
The leveling system is pretty lackluster and there isn't much incentive to experiment with builds. Enemies also don't stagger nearly as much as they should which means you can't experiment with combos.

The negatives of this game I'd chalk up to inexperience on the part of the devs rather than straight up negligence which you see with most games. I'd pay $20 for it.

Also OP; why the fuck are you posting threads about this game if not to get people to talk about it, eh?

Yeah, the windup is still bad. I use the judge v.2 for the third vertical in a row. Doing three verticals with the v.2 makes it shoot out an electric slash going for a couple of meters, so that's free damage. Or any dash combo+ 2 Verticals gets you the slash.

too bad in order to get the v2 you have to cut his arm, which isn't guaranteed. The v1 doesn't seem to have anything special.

Fucking mongoloid.

Oh man you had trouble with those retards? I bet you must be furious when you get near the end of the game and those become more common.

user, you can dodge that attack easily you just need to get better at dodging. They gave me trouble at first too, but those things are easy as sin now once you figure out how to time your dodge.

Except it doesn't. The only time you get locked out of earlier areas is during your trip down to R&D which once you clear that level you have access to all the old areas again and R&D. The game even rewards you for going back to the old levels and using your new skills/level to unlock things. As for the "nigh-Invincible enemies" that's just bullshit you can kill all the enemies, also not only that you can fucking run past them if you're too much of a shitter to kill them you god damn retard.

That's why you should plan how you're going to attack. You can quick dash around them and hit them from the back, you can bait them into attacking first, you can do a quick dash attack which will hit them first it also let's you do follow up attacks fast and you could just attack them normally if you know your weapon is faster then theirs.

Not completely unfun, but wew tbh.

This is pretty much what's planned. Shit.

The execution animation throwing you over a ledge doesn't happen very often, but it is infuriating every single time. It happens most often to me with single-rigged body-executions, because that animation moves you to directly behind the enemy whether or not there is actually a floor there.

This game has a nice combo system, then why am I being punished for using it?
seems like the only way to play this game is to cheese everything with dodge attacks and butt slides

The limb system is cool but underutilized. It's basically just a traditional HP system with execution moves that get you gear. You should have had to cut off a limb to kill something instead of just reducing its HP to zero, and each limb should have had its own HP bar. Once that HP bar hits zero it either just falls off on the next hit or, because AAA game studios love awesome buttons, you can press a button to do the execution animation but get rid of the chargeup time as you need to use the execution animation to kill everything now. Humans you only need to cut off one limb to kill, cyborg zombies two limbs, industrial/security robots as many limbs as they have. Obviously some enemies would need to be redesigned to account for this; maybe the ARC robot's faceplate could count as a limb?

You gotta make them stagger. Make sure your weapon has at least medium impact; if the weapon doesn't have medium impact make sure your arm gear has +X% impact. If you're not trying to cut off a particular gear part, target the head, that makes them stagger more. Once you start your combo they'll eventually stop staggering when you hit them, so as soon as that happens jump back and look to re-initiate.

*target the head OR an unarmored body part. If they don't have armor on their head they're basically dead already.

the only combo I use is the flame spin or the flame kick of the firebug weapon, they are the only one fast enough to do to their whole combo before I get slapped away

Don't worry about doing whole combos. I'm not even sure there is such a thing as a "whole" combo, I'm in the endgame with enough stamina to do 5 or 6 strikes in a row with a single-rigged weapon, and the combo still doesn't look done. You can keep going until you run out of stamina, so just hit them until you need to dodge something.

I knew it was gonna be shit the moment I read it was by a German comanpy
Germans can't into games (any more).
t. a German.

Was spell force 3 going to be done by a German company?

Problem is, I'm screwed, am I not ? I couldn't activate any shortcut to the area past the boss before the glitch brought me back before it. Are there any ways to the area past the boss or am I stuck having to throw myself at it ?

IIRC that tunnel does come out somewhere else, but you need to unlock a shortcut to get to it without going through the boss area. That tech scrap is lost unless you can kill PAX in 2 minutes or I'm misremembering things.

That's when the real Dark Souls starts

the level design in this game is amazing, short cuts everywhere.
the environment design is horrible, everything looks the same so I get lost all the time.

I finished it in 14 hours

Actually that's explained in one of the million loading screen tips. What's really bullshit is the alt boss kill methods that give you slightly better weapons, it's like tail cutting, but the tail is actually the legs. All of them. I mean seriously why doesn't either firebutt version have elemental damage there's flames right there on the model I mean come on you stupid fucking stats screen.

people actually use the drone during combat?
I just use it to pull enemies to 1v1s

How much stamina do you need to block enemies in NG+?
everything breaks my block when I try to parry

please use your head

Every single time with you niggers, fuck off and learn about proper formatting.

Turns out the game is a lot more fun once you get that constantly attacking unarmored parts is a terrible idea. Collecting shit from your enemies' bodies is inherently pleasing.

Is there much difference between the two starting rigs though ? You get different starting gear from the voucher and the dash seems a bit shorter on the rhino but I think that's it ?

It's easier to collect an entire Lynx set than it is a full Rhino set when starting out.
Rhino's set bonus augments the effects of certain implants so until you get those implants your only real advantage is high stability.
Full Lynx gives you an attack speed increase and isn't reliant on implants. Wearing full Lynx while wielding the not-chainblade will get you pretty far.

reply 2

what is hard to understand about this you overreacting waffler? sorry your poor feelings got hurt because somebody took two seconds to use basic organization instead of steam of consciousness

Nice strawman

the spacing doesn't matter since they're complete thoughts; It's functionally identical and you are complaining about a problem that doesn't exist

how close to the screen are your eyes for a single extra line break to make a substantive difference

IF I CAN'T TANK WITH ARMOR, I'LL JUST TANK WITH HEALTH

Restarted yet another game with lynx, and yeah, full gear's not too shabby. Discovering new secret areas and duking it out against a machine miniboss was pretty fun too. Level design's not too bad either. I didn't like it at the beginning because I didn't get the progression system, but this might turn out to actually be worth some shekels. Lord knows I'm having more fun with it than Nier 2.
I saw some reviews saying it becomes worse past the first areas though, any truth to that ?

navigating the second and last area is a nightmare, everything looks the same

I cut all the arms (the 4 welding torches in phase 2) on the third boss and only got the v1, so I'm not sure how that one works. The 4th and 5th bosses I assume you just have to successfully cut their weapon arm, I failed for both and got v1. Shame, because the final boss weapon is nice even for v1.

I know I did not explore the last level fully, which is extremely disappointing. There are a few implants I never found at high mks that I would really like, for instance I never found better than mk2 of the one that restores energy or the one that heals on execution.

Set bonuses suck IMO. The +20% bonus health bonus for instance isn't worth losing all that attack speed and stamina and energy reduction. My current gearset is cristalid head+body, bloodied proteus arms, and lynx legs. The head is -50% drone cost at no downside, the body is -10% stamina cost with higher armor than Lynx, the arms are +15% impact, +3% attack speed with good armor, and the legs are -20% run -10% dodge cost.

It's far too slow to use its attacks during combat. By the time they go off either the enemy is dead or I'm running away. The shield drone however is very useful.

gibe spec screen

It's ng+ and I'm right before the third boss

This might interest you as well. I may be a little bit greedy.

that's odd, it only says youre wearing 2 armor pieces

set bonus is only those 2.

YOU WHORE

Still only get the v1 spitfire rod. I have no idea how to get the v2 from this boss.

Don't bother with the arms and just run and smack the boss at the second stage

It's mindless dumb fun, like Dark Souls 2.

The fun part is exclusive to the surge though.

I wasn't digging it at first, but after I got past the first boss and into the second area, it started to click with me.

It's still a pretty clunky game and is probably more like Lords of the Fallen than I know, but the level design is top notch (better than DaS2 & 3) and it scratches a certain sort of itch I've had.

Now, if only it were a game about cute robot girls instead of some bland slab of meat in an exo-suit.

Yeah, for the third boss, you have to keep one arm up on either side to get v.2

A lot of implants don't have a mkV version. The only ones i found where just for healing/health/stamina/energy and some injectables.

And I mostly use the drone just to knock down enemies before the fight/ during the first hit of the combo. You can repeatably knock down the fourth boss, and the second phase of the last boss with the drone's melee hit.

What in the actual fuck.

Yeah that confused me for a long time too, but there's something you are missing.

Damaging it's legs triggers it to use its missile attacks (maximum threat mode or something). In order to expose the weakness you need it to hit itself with those attacks

That is amazingly unintuitive.

What? No you keep smacking it's leg until it falls. Make sure you focus on one leg.

lol wat? I've been getting enemies that shoot rocket attacks to kill themselves like that for decades now in video games. It happens all the time in anime, tv, etc, too. You know the missles follow you and do a ton of damage so why wouldn't you at least attempt to fuck them up with their own attack?

It never falls if you keep slapping the legs. You slap the legs to build up it's missile bar, and then you get it to hit itself with the missiles.

no, you wait for it to stomp you then you smack the leg it's standing on so it falls, first you have to remove the shin pannel of it first though

What? You can knock it down without it ever firing it's missiles. Also the second one you fight later doesn't even fire missiles at all, or if he does I never saw them. So you can definitely knock them down without missiles.

This might be possible. I just know I smack it in the legs a lot and it falls.

Those rockets were all slow and tracking. We're talking about a rapid-firing rocket shower.

Wait until it gets stompy and then wail on the leg that stays on the ground and he'll topple over like he took a missile hit.

you got it all wrong kiddo.

plus the game gets a bonus from me for not using Denuvo.

end game regular enemies do that attack but faster

The pajeet faggot is just a talking head. He does jack shit and has no involvement in any of the projects going on. He's there to showcase his stupid hair and shill for the corporation, that's it.

I love that the shitskin hangs himself at the end of the game realizing he got used by the Jews.

Why the fuck does blocking continually drain stamina?
I get that you're encouraged to keep moving rather than block and retaliate, but what's the in-game explanation? Is your character such a weak pansy that he can't hold a weapon up for more than 30 seconds without getting tired?

try keeping your entire arm lined up with your shoulders and see how fast you get tired

Firstly, it would take longer than 30 seconds for you to get tired from that unless you were holding something heavy. The starting weapon looks to be maybe 5-7 lbs.
Secondly, it still doesn't make sense since the PC has a fucking mechanical exoskeleton or whatever the fuck to help support that weight.

I tried.
Maybe I can fuck you in the ass until you accept reality, would that help?

not what you are asking, but Block basically functions as Parry in this game. If you successfully block an attack you get to use a special counterattack while the enemy recoils. The stamina cost and complete immobility are the risk tradeoff for that. Note that there are also two dodge moves while blocking for high/low attacks that also supposedly trigger a counterattack, but I've never actually used them

Is there a specific timing for it or can you just stand there holding up your stupid steampunk pipe and get a "parry" off?

you could just stand there, but then you run out of stamina, can't turn, and I think the enemy won't attack or will only use an unblockable attack.

I don't think a human without a power assisted exoskeleton like the protagonist would ever be able to wield that thing as an effective weapon.

There is. If you block just before the attack you get a parry, if you block too early you don't take any damage but you get staggered a bit, if you block really fucking early it does nothing.

I'm starting to wonder if there is some anti shilling going on with this title. Its an inoffensive bloodborne clone that is a solid 7/10. But every so often online i see these "YOU SHOULD BE MAD, LITERALLY THE WORST GAME EVER, I CANNOT EVEN!" posts that are so over the top it stinks.

Is there some similar competing game releasing right now that would try and astroturf?

Only recent souls-clone I can think of is Ni-oh. But the "established" gaming industry hates Dark Souls and fromsoft for being outsiders, I know that much.

I'd honestly take the negativity with some salt. Given how disappointing DS2 &DS3 ended up being for a lot of people, they're going to be nitpicky over any other game that tries to adhere to the same formula.

Idk, I haven't played it but I think it looks kinda fun.

The complaints about DS2/3 are nitpicks themselves. Yes they aren't perfect, and in some ways they might even be a step back, but they are still both some of the best games of the last decade in spite of their flaws.

Checked.

The window for it is big enough that blocking a second or two before an attack will give you a counter attack. You can also jump an attack for a higher damage counter attack, but unlike the basic one, that attack can be interrupted.

I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm only as far as the first boss. The attack queueing doesn't seem to be as bad as I'm hearing, it's only fucked me over a few times. Reminds me of pre-patch ps3 dark souls.

It's strange how little equipment is available. I've seen two sets of armor, and three or so weapons, not counting the piston.

Given how fugly the early armors, at least, are, you'd think they could come up with more sets.

That's just the first area. Each area tends to have at least 2 new armor sets and a small assortment of weapons.

Post full armor sets.

In the second area you fight a lot of Rhinos and those dual blade fuckers for a while, and then towards the later sections you start encountering the Scarabs and the dudes in the toxic area who both sport all new gear.

Also pretty interesting to see Holla Forums warming up to this game. First few days everyone was pretty meh about it, but now that people are getting to NG+ runs, everyone seems to be enjoying it a lot more.

I still think there's a lot of wasted potential. The directional attacks aren't utilized as much as they could be, and the lack of enemy and environment variety makes the game feel like a slog.

Lynx is available in the first area, abandoned rocket production
Rhino shows up in the first area, but it's mainly available in the second, Central production
Scarab shows up in a few parts of central production
Liquidator starts showing up late in the central production
MG Gorgon can be obtained from the non-respawning security in central production, or the respawning security later in the game.
No new armors are found in bio labs
Elite Hazard set is found in R&D
Proteus is found on the enemies that "get back up" in R&D
Bloodied Proteus is on the respawning miniboss in R&D
MG Cerberus is found in the Executive wing
Black Cerberus (not pictured) can be obtained from the 4th boss, either by cutting limbs or killing him in a special way (make the PAXs shoot the big tanks) Increases attack instead of defense.
Crystalis is from the end-game enemies
IRONMAUS is a secret armor, obtained with 5 coins at a vending machine in Central, right outside the door back from R&D

"Enemy variety" really is only a problem in the way they look. As far as how they fight, I think there's plenty for the length of the game.

You start with what are basically zombies. They move and attack slow but occationally lunge. Then you come to the berserkers who rush you constantly, and the three distinct types of bots (the jumpy fucks, the ones you can only hurt from behind, and the regular flying drones). That pretty much covers the first two levels unless you decide to fight the security guards who are basically martial arts masters who love to block/parry and dodge.

Third level introduces flamethrowers and laser bots, R&D introduces the shield drones, teargas launchers (actually a bit before R&D there), and later the mecha-skeletons who get back up again after you kill them. Finally you end up fighting a fast heavy-weapon security and then the crysalis with their helicopter attacks and armor growth.

Considering the game only has 6 levels, I think that's a fair amount of variety. I'm even lumping together several different types that fight similarly. The lynx zombies and the liquidator zombies are similar enough, and I even lump in the rhino heavies since they are just as slow.

Go fuck yourself.

Right, because killing the same groups of the same enemies that look the same, act the same, stand in the same spots and fight the same ad nauseum is perfectly A-OK?

So in other words, you are complaining that you die too much and don't like having to repeat the level. The answer is git gud.

Real easy when you died to getting stuck on geometry, bumrushed by hidden enemies in a new area, rolling off a cliff or due to the game crashing. Pure skill XDD.

For fuck's sake.

Just look at who you're not allowed to criticize instead.

git
fuckin
gud

Yeah, you're totally not trying to distract on how half-baked or shit this game is by shitposting. No sir.

Dark Souls had some things going for it, this is short but tries to pad content with backtracking and trick you into grinding parts and proficiency. It somehow manages to have worse and overall less responsive controls and the combat is for the most part dogshit. Hell, not counting the bosses I doubt you face as many as ten truly distinct opponent types in the whole game. Especially since you're actively punished for even thinking of using that shiny new weapon.

See

11 by my count, maybe 12 or 13.

And any time you are forced to backtrack (when you are passing through central after R&D) they change up the enemies

"Actively punished" would mean that the game does something to put you on an even worse footing. For instance, if you could only get X total proficiency levels across all weapons, or if your proficiency cost to level was based on your total proficiency across all weapons, THEN picking up a new weapon would be "actively punished". Instead you are simply back to square 1, but considering you can find all 5 weapon categories in the first level, it's really up to you how you use the proficiency system to start with. Also I really doubt the scaling adds all that much anyway, but I could be wrong on that since the game doesn't break it down.

sorry miscounted, that was 12, really 13 but I always found the heavy rhinos to be pushovers and not worth mentioning except where they have turrets.

Oh, and I totally forgot about the crystal blobs! I almost wish I hasn't remembered, definitely the most annoying enemy in the game bar none.

(28) (30) and rising! by my count. You can probably bullshit someone who didn't play enough of the game so give me a break. And the proficiency actively scales your damage to the point of the starting pipe by far outdamaging boss trophy tier weapons past a point, but you're the "expert" so what do I know?

The starting pipe has very low proficiency scaling, so you'd need to have something like 200 one-handed proficiency for it to start doing more damage than a boss trophy of a different weapon type. So you're technically correct, the best type of correct.

Far less when you take into account damage types or that I didn't say which boss weapon, a feature that the game coincidentally doesn't bother explaining. But, git gud, right?

I mean the story contradicting itself when it bothers having any exposition at all, the main character lacking any character, the level design being shit, the character and gear development being linear garbage. Or how about the game looking and playing worse than DS in just about every way. Hell, how about the game looking and playing worse than Bound by Flame in just about every way. You can git gud past all that, right?

Weapons with lower proficiency scaling also tend to have higher base damage, and higher proficiency scaling weapons tend to have lower base damage. Boss trophy weapons all have quite high proficiency scaling for their weapon type, so if you're unskilled in that weapon type they'll do less damage than a weapon with lower proficiency scaling, but rapidly catch up as you gain proficiency.

Yes, the starter one-handed will have a higher damage number on it than a twin-rigged boss weapon because the damage number is not DPS. This should be obvious to anyone who knows what attack speed is.
It's explained in the stats screen. Git gud at reading character sheets.
now this is podracing

Yeah, sure you will. And by design you only need to whack the same, respawning enemies for hours on end to do it. Pure skill, everyone.

You think I'm kidding? Check the character, gear or area design or effects in that game and come back. I'll wait. They couldn't even do a slowly descending/losing your humanity with more invasive implanting visual representation in this one.

I've got 5 heavy weapons skill in NG+ and it just took me three kills to get to level 6. It doesn't take a lot of killing to get proficiency levels if you're low.

Maybe they weren't trying to go for that theme. Maybe the theme is something else.

I THINK proficiency gain is based on damage done, so you can get two or three times as much in NG+ since your weapons do more and enemies have more health.

Maybe you're purposely leaving out how massively it slows down the higher it gets. Maybe you do it for free. Maybe the theme isn't let's cover up the lack of content with grind and backtracking.

What's real funny is how the game feels the need to plaster retard-tier shit like move your mouse to move your view or press sprint to sprint across the sky/wall/ceiling/floor but doesn't go into any explanation of what proficiency actually does or how the different damage types actually differ.

It slows down at higher levels, but that makes it easier to switch weapon types and catch up, not harder. You're not switching from a skill at 50 to a skill at 10, you switching from a skill at 20 to a skill at 10, so the damage difference between a weapon you're highly skilled at and a weapon you're moderately skilled at is lower.

Funny, when I complained about how the game doesn't explain things earlier, I got told that "some people like things that way".

>They couldn't even do a slowly descending/losing your humanity with more invasive implanting visual representation in this one.

I remember years ago there was a game on steam which had this premise, or at least advertised itself that way. I don't remember if it was source engine or not, but you essentially had to balance the benefits of cybernetics against humanity, and it may or may not have impacted on the story. I've always wanted to try it but I haven't been able the find the fucker.

No, what's funny is how full of shit you are or to what mental gymnastics you'll go to defend this garbage.

S-space siege.

Holy shit thanks user. Time to see if it's actually any good.

It's like these faggots actively ignore their primary target audience.

And yes I do realize that most of this shit is industrial work equipment and isn't supposed to cover anything at all, but there is no fucking way that Gorgon or Cerberus aren't military suits, and they leave your belly wide open.

At least now I know there's no reason to ever swap from lynx gear.

They're more like mall cop suits, really. All of this shit is meant to work with the Creo iRig™

Because it's literally Dark Souls but it feels fresh (no medieval shit with dragons and skeletons again) and more engaging and satisfying with 1) me being satisfying to target specific limbs which is very useful for certain enemies and with 2) parrying that's satisfying and, unlike Souls, very easy to pull off because developers didn't have to worry that it could be overpowered in a multiplayer mode. So far I also have less frustrating shit like "shockwaves" or glitches.

Now what I really don't understand is how you mentally disabled children and those terrible video game reviewers can praise this horrible piece of shit series that is Dark Souls all those years but now shit on this game.

Now this is the actual question.

Why would mall cop need a fucking power armor?

How do you even parry in surge? I know you can block, but it retardedly drains your stamina constantly rather than just stopping its regeneration.

That's because you know absolutely nothing about game design and/or you have ridiculuously low standards paired with a confirmation bias. And you probably got baited by the "if you don't like this game, you are not hardcore" marketing back then like all the NeoGAF Sony drones.

All From games are absolutely terrible in about every single way. Even the OST is pure trash and Sakamoto's worst.

Because the mall rats have power armour

Worst archery ever in a video game.

I won't for my life understand how people can act like this From shit is anything higher than 5/10.

Even this literal who game The Surge is better and that it gets so much lower scores just proves how reviewers are braindead chimpanzees.

Oh OK I get it, you're mad at the game, fine, take it to the souls thread please.

this is some really dedicated shilling

70% the posts here are dedicated to Souls and made by mentally retarded Souls drones.

Your games are fucking dog shit.

Now the funny thing is The Surge and Souls have something else in common: The terrible performance and shit framerate despite shit graphics. I guess shit performance is just a part of the Souls "formula", sadly.

Ebin trips.
I hope you enjoy them.

Haven't finished it yet but so far I'd rate The Surge 7/10. Actually feels like a mix of Souls, Metroid Prime and Monster Hunter (hitzones, cutting off body parts, crafting, focus on armor) with some fun gimmicks. The hubworld and the music in it alone are more atmospheric than everything in disgusting Souls games so far.

Souls games are usually 3/10 games that get a bonus because they make casuals feel hardcore due to the marketing.

I can't tell if you are shitposting or if you are actually retarded.

Back to cuckchan.

Of course you can't. You are a confused teenager.

You probably never even played a Metroid because you're 17. And you could never in your life solo a level 136+ Monster in Monster Hunter. Stop wasting my time.

Oh, yeah, because the N64 looking characters that never even move (not even their mouths) and always say the same "kekeke, it's dangerous, we are so lost, kekeke" bullshit matter so much in those Souls shit games. That's why I played those games.

And don't even get me started on Metroid. What would Metroid be without all its amazing characters?

I tried to like this game, but the setting and visuals have to be the most generic and boring thing I've ever fucking seen. My brain skips over it, like seeing cheap mobile game on the google play store.

It's okay to have a scifi game, just like it's okay to have a fantasy game, but if you're not even going to bother having some interesting or unique lore or world building, then fucking hell I don't see the appeal.

Dark souls is basic as fuck in terms of gameplay. Sure it's enjoyable, but the atmosphere the game gives from its lore and visual design is what draws the majority of players in.

This is just shit game design, same with their other game.

Just a series of tubes.

I want to know who got

what happen

That was almost 20k posts ago, maybe you misread it as 2k but 20k posts ago are long gone.

Well, then that's what it is.

I gave up on set bonuses entirely. The attack speed is nice, but I'd rather have the consistent bonus of better armor/stats than speed that only activates at full health.

In particular, increased impact is incredibly valuable. I use the Bloodied Proteus arms, which give me +15% each while also keeping the + attack speed instead of the negative that Rhino has. Better defense too. I keep lynx legs because they do great stamina reduction, but since I'm not using the full set anyway I grab the Crysalis chest/head. The chest has the same stats as Lynx with better armor (-10% stamina cost), while the head has a whopping -50% drone cost with no downside.

surge shills should die

Pleasently surprised that the game isnt 40GB+

a fucking wasted opportunity to be quite honest fam

>fun

Only played the game for a handful of hours so far (just got to personnel arrival and rescued Davy and Hobbs), but overall I'm enjoying it. The limb targeting is more relevant than I thought it'd be, and the environments are simple, but still open enough to be interesting and still full of secrets and treasure chests. I even had a real "oh shit" moment in the rocket yard:
Shit, dude. I knew that area was the boss area - I even looked at the mech the first time through and noted it - because of marketing footage, but it still took me by surprise. The fight itself was quite poor, but the regular enemies are interesting enough. In particular, I like how punishing everything is - perhaps it's my lack of upgraded gear, but it seems like every enemy has the potential to kill you because you can take upwards of 50% from a single combo. It reminds me a lot of the bullshit in Dark Souls 2, but the crushing punishment for making mistakes is more consistent, so I get the impression The Surge wanted to do that as a choice, which makes it more bearable.

While the game may not be perfect, it's good enough to hold my attention and seems to be a huge improvement over Lord of the Fallen, which is a good thing. If more studios improved like this from game to game, the industry would be a much better place. Also, no fucking cutscenes and a godlike options menu. Can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

Same exact shit happened to me. Just keep in mind that once you get ahead and start upgrading your shit, it will become increasingly easier to go back and farm even more scrap in even less time. Don't sweat it. Keep chugging forward,

Wow, fuck me.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e1b852a889190da2835ebe92373e1e6090898dff&dn=codex-the.surge&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fp4p.arenabg.ch%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.aletorrenty.pl%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Feddie4.nl%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ilibr.org%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ilibr.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.zer0day.to%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fp4p.arenabg.com%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2710%2Fannounce

Exact same thing happened to me, couldn't wait to fuck that hammer guy up with the rage of a thousand suns

I forget public trackers are practically not a thing anymore since I have private trackers to fall back on. Where do you even get that from anyway?

I wish more games had options menus like this one. It's so refreshing to see
and probably one or two others I'm missing since I didn't use them. I wish more companies had menus like this in their games.

Dude, I have no idea how any of that works. I just find trustworthy-looking torrent files on the websites in the share thread OP pasta and go from there; if I need a magnet link I generate one from the torrent file. My client is Transmission, so it doesn't have the search feature built into it like Qbittorrent.