RISING STORM 2 THREAD : IT AINT MEME EDITION

Have you heard? RS2:Vietnam is free on steam for the weekend. Try it out.
store.steampowered.com/app/418460/agecheck

What is your favorite
Rifleman
M16
USA USA USA

So far the game plays a lot like the previous red orchestra's, the graphics are better and the game is more polished overall.

bump

Ah fuck, didn't even know it was a free weekend. Installing it now.

sweet

IT

AIN'T

Does this game have proxy chat?
sage for double post.

ME

Not that i'm aware of

>SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

Rifleman Squad Leader
I don't need no teenage dream, I just need my M16 tfw no FN FAL
The United States

Didn't even know this was a thing. I've heard this series is pretty hardcore and I've been meaning to give it a try for a while. Might as well do it now.

or was this one casualized and are the older ones better?

Thankfully no. This is one of the few series that seems to improve upon itself. Not casual at all (Trust me, I have around 700 hours in Arma)

It's not better than Red Orchestra 1 but it's a fuckload better than Red Orchestra 2. However this game and RO2 are way more casual than RO1.

Compared to other shooters in general on the market though, this game isn't casual at all.

I just cant fucking play these tacticool shooters at all.

they made some things simpler and other things more complex.

they removed troop carriers but they added helicopters which are harder to pilot. They removed fixed radio locations but they created a radioman class and without them the commanders fucked. The recon plane is easier to avoid but the americans and send them out more often. They made the bullet physics more forgiving but smaller calibers are less lethal at ranges. Most of the gameplay is built around the US using their superior firepower and the gooks being sneaky fucks that leave traps and set up ambushes around the chokepoints. chu-chi exemplifies this concept.

I think it's silly that they're releasing the game may 30th since it seems like there's a lot of shit to be ironed out but it's still remarkably fun. Try out firefight mode, it's a blast. That moment when you're the last gook standing and you have to kill the rest of the round eyes is amazing.

I got into the Rising Storm 2 beta.

Marginally better than RO2 but still subpar. They got rid of zooming unless you're on a mounted MG, squad leader is no longer a class, character customization grind instead of weapon upgrade grind, option to change what weapon you want for a class and type of ammo or ammo loading depending on class and map.

Bad news is it's Tripwire, playerbase is still autistic like RO2, 6 fucking maps in which 3 are good and can be ran across in under 5 minutes, no ground vehicles and if there will be it's just a tin coffin on wheels because of the RPGs, M14 can't into full-auto, meme achievements, game is still Battlefield with one-hit kills, gooks are OP because they can have stationary spawn points and Americans don't get the LAW, the classes are just names and don't fulfill their roles i.e. combat engineer just given C4 and a PDW or flamthrower. They also somehow made the game more fucking arcadey and hollow than RO2, I shot a gook in the gut with an M14 at 100m and he didn't die.

The playerbase is also awful with people who don't coordinate, everyone doesn't group up and take their time aiming and checking around corners, squad leaders don't know what the fuck they're doing and just want to be the leader and don't have consideration for people who need to spawn on them, most people I've encountered are super serious, kids from 4chan, or southeast Asians.

>whatever helps the team
>Grease Gun and M14
>USA

dude people are TKing all the time right now, it's a new game with new patterns to recognize so it's going to be a bit before everyones in top shape.

just keep playing and don't beat yourself up for sucking right now. Some of the hardcore leddit faggatrons will try to give you shit but they're generally the ones that suck the most at RO2.

Really? I've shot gooks from way farther with an m16 in the chest and two shots drop them like a rock. Different situation sure, but still.

M14 not having the full auto capability is retarded, and it doesn't even make sense from a balance point of view. You never use the full-retard capability because you can't hit shit outside of dick touching distance.

I played in demo beta wave 7 so I doubt they changed much and while the M16 is sexier with 20-round mags there needs to be 30 but the game takes place in 1968 or something so they aren't going to do that. A full-auto M14 could be implemented along side a BAR for the machine gun class but knowing Tripwire they're going to release the game, patch up the glitches that will plague the game on launch, and abandon it.

There is 30 round mags for the M16. You get only 4 mags as opposed from 8, but that doesn't matter because you die before you can shoot all of your ammo. As for the BAR, it's not going to happen. The US switched to the M60 in '57, the BAR was an obsolete weapon even by WW2. Yes it was used in Vietnam, but only by the South Vietnamese and very few American units. The 30 round magazines were implemented pretty much since the beginning of the war, but you usually see the 20 round magazines in the old war pictures because there were more of them in the field.

That rice fields one is pretty funny, though.

Nah I can still zoom.

wew

Nice

How vehickle oriented are the maps? I felt liek RO2/RS felt far too infantry focused.

Even better, there aren't any ground vehicles but you get helicopters which the only useful combat one is the Cobra.

Half the maps in the game are infantry only, the other half have helicopters, though one of them doesn't have transport helis.

i don't know which emotion was stronger, the groan of "jesus this again" or the thrill of "hey this is run through the jungle and not it ain't me, good choice"

most maps are infantry only, there's only a few where the US gets helicopters. no other vehicles

Bummer, but I guess it sort of makes sense.

Pretty much the same reaction i had.
FORTUNATE SON IS JUST TOO MAINSTREAM

They should've went with, I heard it through the grapevine. Better than Marvin's original song honestly.

EoD had the best menu music

Will it be like Rising Storm where if you got into the beta before it launched, you still get to play the game for free but with a bunch of the classes locked?

RPG and Sapper
IZH-43 Hunting Shotgun
PPSH
gooks

Tks were abundant in RO1, they were abundant in RO2 and they were abundant in RS1.
Annoying if they run in your grenade but it happens.
I don't even want to know how often I shot or fragged friendlies over the years.

From what I've read full auto capability was uncommon and only few individuals were authorised to have a selector switch, supposedly those were stored seperately.

If everyone in this thread were to buy it it'd be from G2A or some place they won't get money I hope. The game is free for 10 days and Tripwire is the only company that fills the battlefield simcade niche, at least one that's alive.

Their games are cancer and only succeed because they have no competition. The sooner they go bankrupt the better.

those russians just buy it retail and take pictures of the codes. So I guess they get a handful of rubles

Buy it retail with stolen credit cards, and Tripwire gets dinged when the fraudulent charges get reversed.

Post your functional retard with a gun marine, faggots.

I don't think it's going to go retail, did RS2 and KF2 go retail?

Nah that's just some bullshit propaganda by dick sucking journalists who need to protect (((interests))). Why go through the effort of being a criminal when games are next to worthless in your country and on-selling is legal any way you put it. Even in russia credit card fraud will get you fucked

This game better blow my dick clean off.

It's practically the norm for games to be 30-50 gigs these days, I don't see how a mere 15 is anything to worry about.

Are there jungles/maps with more than moderate amount of bushes?
I fucking hate those. Couldn't enjoy rising storm because of that.

3 maps have a lot of foilage but spotting people is pretty easy because the graphics are muddy shit like RO2/RS1.

Is this satire or is Tripwire really this bad?

Where the fuck were you when KF2 happened?

I know…I wish it wasn't like that though. I have quite a bit of space left on my HD but It's more the principle of the thing. Devs assume they have pretty much all the space they could need so they don't bother compressing things anymore.

I miss the days where 10 gig game was the biggest you'd see and 5 gigs was was still "huge".

Does the ride ever end?

I don't know, it doesn't feel particularly amazing or that fun.

yea the "realism" translates into sluggishness.

Fuck, I should have known it earlier. Steam really should notify you whenever there's a free weekend.

hard drives are cheap as shit dude. you really have no excuse.

It's free but we lose it after the weekend, right?
I don't wanna play now but the site isn't sbeing specific about it.

Its free, its fun, i dont care it could be even developed by zoe quen or whatever that hag was called i dont care

I already explained space isn't an issue. I could download the game 10 times over and still have space to spare. My issue is devs not bothering to optimize their games.

What's the piont of some 15 to 20 gig monster if it plays like shit. I'll take a shitty indie pixel game that's at least fun and runs well rather than some bloated and unoptimized peice of shit.

I dipped my toes in and found the experience underwhelming.

Yea, if I'm going to test out unfinished games I'd like to get paid for it.

the size doesn't really have anything to do with the optimization usually though so i don't even know what you're on about now.

if you want to steal memes at least remove the fucking watermark

part in parcel.

If they don't care enough to compress things they probably don't bother with any other quality control.

Pic related, he cried upon seeing the scoreboard at the end of the round

I can't try it myself so I have to ask, is it any good? Worth a buy? For the record I enjoyed RO2.

It's okay. Not very well polished and actually buying it is a dubious prospect because tripwire really doesn't deserve anyone's money. I like it a lot better than RO2 though.

Though really, it's quite telling about the product as a whole and its mechanics as a shooter when absolutely nobody would give a fuck about this game at all if it wasn't Vietnam.

Also, does it run well?

I see, thank you for the answer user. I guess I'll wait for now and maybe pick it up on a sale in the future.

the game's good, that other guy is just a fag. Worth a buy in my opinion, especially since it's already cheap compared to AAA stuff

On my low tier X4 840+R7 360, it runs good with FXAA, high settings and no Vsync.

Aha, thank you for your input. Do you think it's worth buying now when it's cheaper?

On what resolution?

This game feels like a worse Insurgency in many ways. Shooting doesn't feel good and guns just shake instead of recoiling. Visual recoil is bullshit and I hate it. The audio design is poor, guns feel weak, some very loud sounds sound completely quiet. My grenade pin pull muffled out the sound of a full auto machine gun firing near me. Also, there are no supersonic bullet cracks, that's a good audio design and gameplay design decision in Insurgency, it tells you you are being shot at, and also sounds great in the middle of a firefight, and it's also realistic.
The voice acting is abysmal, Insurgency did voice acting really well, far better than this, and that game had a small budget and dev team.
United States forces feel a lot more powerful, they can dominate everyone unless you are in a tunnel and just rape points by spamming the GAU down range.

1920x1080.

Gonna download this shit now. I've been wanting to frag Charlie.

I wonder who's behind this post.

Destroyed two helis and a recon plane with RPG.

Thank you, I'm kind of conflicted now on if I should get it, the biggest draw to seems to be that it's set in Vietnam.

You're going to get over the game and regret your purchase once you get your fill, 8 fucking maps.

Just download it, it's free for 10 days.
I played it for an hour and I'll probably play it more tomorrow.

Fuck yeah hope I can snag one of those bad boys and go to town. I love flying choppers.

My impression (haven't played yet) was actually that the gooks were better, they don't actually have worse weapons and the helicopters are easy to shoot at even without a specialized weapon.

But aren't the players during this free weekends really bad and so the whole experience is kind of infuriating?

shilling is in full force today

They are all bad considering the game went on for a bunch of betas and then blocked

fuck off

Better than buying the game, is it not?
Other option is to wait until free weekend is over, buy it, play it for 1 and a half hours (time it, if it's over 2 hours then you can't refund anymore) and refund. If you DO go over the time, then you can just send an angry message to steam support with some bullshit about how you won't be buying again unless you can get a refund. That's what I did with Mountain Blade Warband since the multiplayer was really shit.

According to the steam page, the game isn't even out yet.
This is more like a public beta.

Money isn't the issue, I have a bunch of it in my steam wallet and I can't deposit it to my bank account, the issue is that I will feel tricked just for wasting time, yes I know autistic.

I'm pretty sure it's just free for the weekend, boss.

Misinfo I guess. It's the release that's in 10 days, instead.

What kind of performance has everyone been getting?

I've been struggling at 20-30 fps on lowest settings. My rig is a bit dated now, but I expected better.

Always tell specs, user.
You can do some funky shit by screwing around with Radeon Settings/Geforce whatever and DXWnd to try to get more FPS.

my 390x has been fine with everything on high at 2560x1440

Aye, sorry;
i7 2600k
AMD HD7850

I'll continue to play around with some more settings before giving up hope.

Your GPU is almost the same as mine and your CPU should be more powerful. This might be because of outdated drivers, maybe try updating them? That rig should be properly above minimum requirements, maybe Unreal Engine 4 hasn't been optimized for that.

Cuckwire. Not even once.

Im running the game fine on a 980. Game doesn't look as good as I would like but its a solid 60 on max for me.

Gameplay wise I like it but the chopper pilots suck dick because nobody knows how to fly.

Sadly Steam FPS counter did not stay on the screenshots, but in all of these I had over 40 FPS. My FOV was 85 and I almost never dropped to under 30, 27 was my minimum FPS.
I don't know why you would get so little FPS when your PC is as good as that.

Try running fullscreen.

Average was 40, highest was 50-60 and lowest was 30. (Same map)

Has anyone else encountered the bug when you deploy as a gunner on a wall and get stuck unable to move?
It's not fun. Other than that, this game is pretty nice so far.
It might be because there is so few vietnam games I'm not really picky.

Feels fine to me

Have you ever fired a gun before? They don't fucking jump back in your face retard, your shoulder is holding it in place, at most you have a bit of vertical and horizontal movement. 5.56 and 7.62 are intermediate cartridges and don't have much recoil.
Skip to 0:21 in the embed to see what I'm talking about.

Good point the sounds are still kinda fucked.

What the fuck? Are you seriously using this as a complaint?

And I feel like you suck cock. I've raped the US team before, no team is overpowered, if your players suck you're going to lose. And the gooks have the best gun in the game, the side by side shotty.

All your opinions are now void.

ahh fuck meant for

Some people like video games around here.

I don't give a shit about muh reelisum, visual recoil sucks ass in a video game.
Yes, voice acting matters, some monotone 20 year old new yorker faggot calmly saying he's being shot is garbage. This is directed at US forces. Insurgency VA was amazing, listening to them in a youtube video isn't the same as the guy screaming in game while machineguns are firing at all sides, in the game it sounds like actual combat.
M&B Warband multiplayer is shit, fuck you. Spinning and dual handed swording and 1shotting everything is shit.

Oh fug :DDD
I had not been following the development of this game, had no idea it was this close to release. I played almost a thousand hours of RO2, that game is the most realistic war game I have played (if you can ignore the bugs).
Installing now.

game's trash compared to ro2. audio sucks ass, controls are floaty as shit, helicopter flies like shit, almost everything is shit compared to ro2

Never played Killing Floors and don't have any interest to, but Red Orchestra games don't have any poz. They're just war games, they have no cutscenes, no dialogue, nothing enforcing an agenda for one side or another, just multiplayer action and nothing else.

You have shit taste and you should consider suicide via butter knife.

Why does everybody hate Vietnamese so much? We didn't even do anything to the United States, unlike Japan, yet everybody loves Japan. You came to our country to fuck us up.

t. Vietnamese

The only thing I know about the vietnamese is what I've learned from the Top Gear special.

The US has an inferiority complex and you're also filthy commies.

surprising to hear this because of how fucking bad ro2 is.

insurgency also fucking sucks.

Your food is awful and tastes like detergent. If that isnt enough reason for an holocaust I dont know what is

At least you can aim down the sights on the mg without having to deploy first.

are you a northerner

user, they're all northerners now

Fuck you faggot.

Fuck you too gayboy.

Feels good, too bad the game visually looks meh.

have you tried the different in-game filters? I initially thought it looked too bright and cartoony, but the war movie preset makes it look okay. shame it adds visual noise but it's hard to notice

I ended up trying it and I have to agree with what you said, it feels unfinished and it doesn't run very well on my PC. But I'll probably still buy it since it looks like it can be fun and there aren't many Vietnam games.

I am focusing more on the actual texture resolution and lighting effects. Is this game using Unreal Engine 4?

For the record, I'm the user you replied to, I just have a new ID now.

(checked)
What are your specs?

c

so what server are you fags playing on? I'm bored and want to shoot slant-eyes

Nothing specific, we're just discussing the game here.

RS2 is a steaming pile of shit. None of the issues in RO2 or RS1 are fixed, and nothing actually feels new. Its just the exact same game but its actually a mod and its being sold for full price as if it were some new and fantastic thing. Some of the maps they have are imbalanced as fuck, like Hill and Hue City. Anti air defences are useless, since its only a minute and a half or two for a new helicopter to spawn. Same clunky old engine too, and I sometimes get these period FPS lockups every 30 seconds or so. I have to leave the server during a match and restart the game when it happens. The PTSD inducing symptoms of the previous games, like soldiers rolling around, gargling and so on is still there but the lines they're sometimes given just rub off as something not so serious. For example when an American soldier is killed, I've heard "I'll get you next time Charlie, for sure!". Its just bad. Anyone who seriously considers buying this, or is actually planning/already has purchased this, thinking that all these issues will be fixed by release truly deserve to eat shit for the rest of their lives.

The only thing I've liked from the game is the improvement on the gore. If someone gets headshot standing by a wall, it wont just be a generic blood stain but a pink, chunky looking splatter. It will drip down the wall as will other blood. There are blood pools now, and more decals to shot up bodies. Any pooled blood will actually contour to the terrain its on, so a corpse on a slope will produce the effect of a trail of blood.

no
How? If you have a good team you can win any map. In my experience anyways. Communication is key.

Never happened to me

what issues? They seemed fine to me

You do know that TWI has the right to remove the game from your library if they catch you harassing others? They are gay sjw's and everyone who supports them is a cuck.

Well my steam name is Adolf Hitler and call people niggers, every few games they try to vote kick me. I'm fine so far

Not defending them, but you realize every EULA on steam says the same shit, right? KF2 just got called the fuck out because their current CEO was a fucking virtue signalling retard and worded it like a gradeschooler so he could brag and it bit him in the ass.

The actual people in charge of the games don't give a shit because if they dared it would cause a massive controversy and legal issues depending on the nationalty of who they try to fuck with.

I call people niggers all the time in KF2 and set my nickname to Moonman and haven't even been contacted let alone punished.

Wow you really are shilling hard for this game aren't you?

In my autistic opinion, these "super realistic" hardcore shooters go to shit as soon as you give everyone an automatic weapon. Red Orchestra 2 actually got that shit right, making automatics strong, but making them limited. Walking into a room, to catch Ivan squatting there with his nugget, both of you firing a shot, missing, then charging each other with bayonets is fucking amazing, while in shit like Insurgency, you do anything, and a single guy puts enough poorly aimed lead in your general direction to wing you once and kill you.

Not shilling, I just like the game.

Vietnamese people are cool by me, it's just a fucking video game you insecure nitty but the main reason is because you're savage commies.

GET OUTTA MY WAY VIETNAM FUCKING SHIT

This engine is super nasty and clunky.
I remember RO2 actually being fairly smooth. This plays like a very rough mod.

BC2 Vietnam is way better despite not being "realistic". Hell, it even has destroy-able buildings.

Gave this game second chance today and still didn't worked for me. I didn't feel like im in vietnam nor immersion, going to try DOI now since i liked Insurgency.
Also performance is fucking sucks i got like 40 fps and 20 fps when a smoke grenade is used. Fuck UE3.

Fucking this. It's very sad that no one is playing BC2 Vietnam anymore, the atmosphere were fantastic.

Yes retard, they sound like they have down syndrome and all they can call them is charlie. *gets shot and dies* damn VC!

This game actually improved on RO2 in that department, OP is an obvious shill or TWI dickrider and this company has made more bad games than good games at this point.

Feels fluid to me tbh. I've been playing all day and loving the game. I'm a little torn they got rid of the peaking behind cover, but I can cope since I've not relied on such a system in almost all other shooters.

It's using Unreal Engine 3.

Rifleman

M14

US of Motherfucking A

Commander
The double barrel is killer but i want to love the unrecognised beauty of the DP28
Whoever needs me

The FAL is going to be part of the ANZAC content, I swear i've already seen it in one of the trailers so that's something to look forward to.

The game kinda goes to shit if a couple of good players camp the heli landing zones. They get lowest position on the scoreboard, but win the game.

AK(M) semi auto is A LOT better than the other rifles. Especially since it penetrates walls, has a large mag, and is still spammable, with spaced out shots that kill everyone in one hit. Testing range really shows what gun is best.

battlefield vietnam is more fun

Do any of these vietnam games have maps that look anything like this?

i5 3330, 8gb, 950

I played in 1920x1080 on medium/low settings and was getting mostly around 45-60fps, but there were times it dropped to 20s. Also the texture popping was a thing, I hope they improve performance before release. (I'm guessing I'll have a new ID again.)

If there was more to this game I wouldn't mind playing it but so far it's just another multiplayer game focused entirely on TDM-focused gamemodes. Not my cup of tea. I think the vietnam map in Project Reality's been better than my experience with this game so far. If there's any modding tools that come out I might consider picking it up just to see what kind of shit comes out.

I didn't know Project Reality had a vietnam map.
But I'm so incompetent at that game, I don't think I want to try it.

you should've just check your left dude.

In all its pop in glory as well, even on the best hardware.

Supremacy mode a shit.

Well now you know. I've barely played the map as it is and it's still a much better vietnam experience than this game. It may be because no one is acting even the slightest bit decent with the fucking attackers charging in like retards while I'm the only nigger in my squad who's even looking out.

Don't get me started you fucking nigger.

Supremacy is a shit. But the other game modes still do not serve the game any sort of justice either. If I want a vietnam experience I want more fucking jungle and less buildings/entrenchments for fuck sake.

Ah yes of course, the mode that's been every installment and the CoD mode will surely quench our needs.

Tripwire fucked with the modding tools so hard that you need help from them if you want to make mod in which your team will be replaced by Tripwire goons and be made into a new game, this is what happened to Rising Storm. There won't be any fucking mods.

You're full of shit, this game feels much more casual compared to the previous titles. Especially Ostfron 41-45.

The way Vietnamese people talk is really fucking annoying, or is it just me?

got any sick tunes?

After hearing Chinese for a consecutive amount of time nothing in Asia bugs me anymore.

Yes.

they're too quiet

It is annoying. Also there is recycled sounds from Rising Storm, especially the yells when you burn a viet and he just start talking japanese

The Bad Company 2 expansion was fun.

wew
really?

Yes, he starts yelling "tasukete" = help me.
In the previous betas that i saw on youtube they were always talking japanese so i think they substituted the phrases along the development however this one is still in.
Or they didn't notice it or the beta build is old

Everyone hates to admit that we lost Vietnam and got absolutely nothing out of it besides a bunch of veterans with PTSD enhanced by LSD exposure, rare types of cancer, and a giant memorial wall. Also, no one likes Japan besides the US.

Also, is it just me, or did they remove the fade to black mortal injury mechanic from this game?

Every US line that doesn't have "jap" in it from Rising Storm has been copied over.

Thanks for this, gonna spend a few days riding this viet wave of music. This os what I love from ibs, you always get the one posting old music that you end up liking for reasons unknown, I dont even get what she saying but her voice is pretty good.

I hate all frogposters, fucking kill yourself faggot

Yes.

I also noticed that.
I think I heard a "nani" (what in nip) in there as well.

I did notice some US line from RS, didn't know they moved them all.
Also the hit reg is pretty meh some time.And you are right, the fade to black seems gone and along with the sound of getting hit most of the time

Mexico here, Iunno what is the mexico-vietnam relationship is but you guys are okay on my book, have one viet pal here and hes pretty cool beans with everything, only guy whos unflappable even with dealing with all my bullshit

Vietnam has its sweaty mitts everywhere, one side of Vietnam keeping strong connection with their "communist brothers" which is why they're so fucking many in Czechoslovakia and the other side that was once FREE(tm) that wants to reconcile connection between America.

It doesn't feel all that different from Rising Storm and so awfully many assets have been just copied and pasted from Rising Storm, thus making the problem even worse.

And then there is the small issue of the game having grand total of 6 maps.

I think I've heard some of the US call-in lines in IS Defense. Might just be the same voice actor.
The amount of minced oaths and the lack of racial slurs is really ridicolous.
And why is the option to have the gooks speak gook missing?

America does that shit too all the time, and yet we keep the relationship as close as we can because your corporations love cheap laborers and we love dollars. Not gonna shit on Vietnam for that. Just like I dont lose my shit over Trump kicking out retards because we do the same when centroamericans come here. We all do a lot of shit to others user, not gonna go on a long thing, but so far my contact with the culture hasnt been bad.

Hitreg concerning napalm airstrikes is all over the fucking place. I was set on fire by napalm after I stepped outside of a bamboo house. That napalm was burning 50 meters away on some rice-field, or atleast those were the closest flames I saw.

Oh, yeah, and white phosphorous and arty strikes blast you through brick buildings and pillboxes.

I got burned without even fucking seen it, no flames, nothing
One of the worst weapon i tried was the SKS, i need two bullet seemly every time

B-but they'll add more.
Too bad knowing tripwire they most likely won't.

Flown in the choppers a bit and they handle like ass. Either that or I'm just shit. Could be both.

It's trash.

Played for 4 hours so, got bored. I think I'll reinstall DH instead.

See, it's retards like you that have continued this fucking revisionist history.

We didn't "lose" Vietnam, the president was just fucking retarded and we decided to leave at the worst possible time. We had a fucking 10:1 kill ratio at the very least on the ground, and as time went on we were getting close to that in the air.

The reason we left Vietnam were fucking hippies. Joe Sixpack doesn't know jackshit about how war works, and had TV cameras been in WW2 we would have probably fucking pulled out as well.

After the Tet Offensive (which was a failure), the NVA as well as the Vietcong were pretty fucking exhausted and had we not decided to pull out then and there we would have had fucking tanks rolling into Hanoi.

This, no one bitched about the war until 1968 when cameramen and journalists were recording the Tet Offensive and the average Joe was shocked to find out that war is messy and gritty. Also the US brass confiscated footage of Normandy because they thought it'd be demoralizing to the American public. Peace was achieved in Vietnam but then Nixon was impeached and the gooks knew America was sick of the war so they rolled out their tanks and stormed all the way down to Saigon.

Did somebody say community map making contest?

If only

You are not pulling out of the middle east no matter how many cameras there are.

Still sounds like losing to me. Maybe not the traditional way, but lost all the same.

I wonder (((who))) is the cause for that.

Ok, got it to run at at 40+ fps (30 in smoke grenades). The key was turning shader cache off in Radeon settings.

CNN never recorded fucking mutilated soldiers like they did back then. There's no blood, they're far from the frontlines most of the time and when they aren't they use only safe footage.

Even if we got to Hanoi all those NVAs and Vietcong go innawoods in Laos and Cambodia, wait another 5 years for the US to leave and then absolutely destroy the soft as baby shit Republic of Vietnam. Same exact thing is happening right now in Afghanistan and it already happened in Iraq in 2014.

Don't forget Russian/Chinese support, who were practically next-door neighbors to the NVA and providing pretty much all the arms and training that was used.

after playing it for like ten hours over the weekend, i can safely say the game drives me crazy but i want to keep playing it. once the free weekend scrubs are gone i think this is going to turn into another RO2 which i actually liked. the thing that I hate is that so many maps encourage the gooks to just hide and camp. I get that that's what the VC did and everything, but it just fucking sucks to either lie down in bushes and click on heads or to be on the receiving end of that

The expansion for Bad Company 2 and Rising Storm 2 are the only Vietnam games I've played.
To answer your question though, kind of. The more jungle levels have the more deeply forested bits are spawn points for the VC.

some more pictures to go with the theme

Looks like the flamethrower is still OP.

Tripwire are worse than this

No need to spoiler, everyone knows this.
I wish In Country Vietnam didn't get die

The game is fun, i have mixed feelings if i should buy this, i can only see how they could fuck this up by adding shitty maps.

Yes, 2 was dumbed down over 1.

what do you mean by this? is shooting someone into their chest/stomach with a rifle no longer a certain kill?

Another fun day in Vietnam.
Now I understand what they meant with "you weren't there man".

Actually, yes. That's exactly it. From my experience, the gook guns do more damage or some shit. The AKM drops people in a shot or two, wherever you hit them, and has barely any recoil, while the M14 won't drop people in fucking t-shirts in two shots to the chest, and both the M14 and M16 kick all over the place.

wow, that's bad. i'm already regretting even downloading it. i guess i'll give it a try since it's almost done now but fuck, that sounds worse than ro2 actually. at least i could immerse myself into that game but there's no way i can do that if people just run around with bullet holes in their torsos like it's nothing.

the devs are living out their anti america hate faggotry through this game by gimping the american side, even though americans lost the war politically but were crushing the vc in terms of force.

The double barreled shotgun seems to be a hell of a lot better than the american shotguns.

The game is practically "Reckless Assault: jungle edition", it doesnt portray the overall war and it's been like that since RO 2 (that's why also RO 2 limits itself to staligrad)

GI GO HOME

The M16 has far better recoil than any of the AK's when comparing to single shot mode.

And having single shot on M16 is basically necessary because of the extraordinarily short magazine size it has.

Sounds like losing to me.

But you never need to shoot the AK in single shot, because accuracy really doesn't matter when you can throw 30 rounds of cyka lead at the GI's bamboo shack.

I don't know if it's the hitreg fucking up or what, but I've had several cases where I shoot some fucker i the chest with a rifle and he somehow manages to take aim and shoot me.

It gets even more retarded when a VC just continues to operate after taking a 7.62x51 to his upper torso. How the fuck do you do precision work like aiming a rifle and shooting that rifle after your goddamn chest cavity has been torn off?

This sums it up quite nicely. In all honesty, all they had to do was to copy how Project Reality worked in those Vietnam maps and go from there and they would have had a succesful formula essentially.

It's just like RO2 reskinned with worse voice acting and just 8 maps. So a slow CoD with stupidly low TTK based around knowing the maps and clicking faster on the other guy. At least the grinding is gone.

enjoy your game drought you pathetic fucking scrubfag.

I…
Where were you even going with this comment?

thats pretty fucking generic mod rules, even bethesda has that shit, tripwire is still shit though.

Ìs it just me or does changing the appearance of your character actually does fuck all? I can change to rolled up sleeves and pick the old guy skin and still enter the game with full sleeves and black skin.

yeah i noticed some odd aim discrepancies as well. they were most obvious on the sniper rifle. i kept missing shots i should've landed. i was sure i had it set at the appropriate distance as i even shot at a noticeable point on a wall to see if it was set correctly and the bullet did in fact land exactly where i aimed but for some reason when shooting at people (who were standing still) the bullet just didn't connect. i held shift while aiming to take breaths and everything and was surprised every time it somehow didn't hit. I even tried aiming at their chests instead of heads so that they'd be easier to hit and I still kept missing. then i randomly just got a bunch of headshot kills just by aiming at their heads again so everything must've been set correctly. the weird thing is i did everything the same way every time yet i still missed still targets half the time for some odd reason.

I mean, being black isn't a choice, what are you? Some kind of racist? :^)

are you changing the right character? There's 2 different teams for each team

Your skin option must be set on random. Select the one you want ingame and it'll stick for good.

Why though? Shit's pure ass.

t. gook

Does it not work? I had never heard of it prior to this game. Is it as intrusive and terrible as BattlEye or Punkbuster?

it logs your keystrokes while the game is running

cucks

you're playing in some shit servers, the ones i've been in have been very coordinated.

which one of you was this, because it absolutely broke me

Anyone want to join a server together? I found that "Chicago Server #1" with the twitch link in the title is a good one.

These are also the same people that cry that devs are shit and the game's not worth buying. Gas yourselves.

There isn't even that due to fucked up hit detection. The whole gun-play essentially boils down into "who gets lucky with the godawful netcode&hit-detection".

What is your favorite
Combat Engineer
Flamethrower
USA USA USA

Aint nothing better then rushing a building and burning it from the inside out listening to Creedance Clearwater and the screams of gooks

Bring a tear to my eye

I couldn't get this to run because of their anti-cheat shit, I'd just time out after loading in game. Oh fucking well.

tripwire is the publisher, antimatter made the game.

FTFY.

It looks like skirmish is dead on arrival like S&D.

Skirmish isn't dead just small, the reason all the post-release content for RO2 is dead is because the playerbase for that game were stuck with one mode for so long along with the game being underpopulated for stabbing RO1's playerbase in the back and having a glitchy launch.

This holy shit, you're still giving Tripwire money, did you actually think Tripwire gets no monies?

I don't think it's going to last long, it's exactly like Insurgency but worse.

Our goal was to prevent the growth of communism where ever it happened to be, and at least in Vietnam, we failed to meet that goal and got nothing positive out of it. Just because we weren't expelled from Vietnam by force doesn't mean we didn't lose. We left because everyone thought it was a waste of time and then the South got annihilated and annexed.

If what you say is true, considering how the Viet Cong didn't have an air force, getting less than 10 kills per aircraft is a terrible investment. It's not like that the Viet Cong had much in terms of notable infrastructure either besides huts and tunnels.

So has anyone figured out how to play now like we could during the last period where there was technically no beta?

awwww I just figured out RPGs got infinite reloads and could act as mini artillery. Almost as cancerous and abusable as the infinite knee mortars in RS.

who else /b2k/ here