Remember this? What cheat code site did you guys use when you were children?

Remember this? What cheat code site did you guys use when you were children?

Or were you 2 kewl to cheat?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20060114112333/http://www.911cheats.com:80/
cody2819.newgrounds.com/news/post/918496
imgur.com/a/ZfpJ8
tasvideos.org/5384S.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

by the time i got the internet most of the fun cheats were gone from games. i had fun with ones people wrote down in rental game manuals though.

gamewinners was the best site for cheats

Yeah okay sure

I still feel a little embarrassed about it every time I remember

I didn't know these sites existed as my parents never exposed me to the internet and I just got cheat code books.

cheatcodes.com was my playground to beat games- specifically the PS1 and PS2 sections

I think it was called cheatplanet.
I'm not sure.

I went back to gamewinners the other day for a couple of cheats for a ps2 game. Everything is gone. It's just a forum now.
Before gamewinners though I used another cheat site before it closed down. For the life of me I can't remember it's name. All I remember was that it's name was humour related and it also sold BB guns.

I didn't have Internet until 2004

I miss gameshark, I know I can use NTR in the 3DS, and the Wii U has save data manipulation, but it's not the same.

I remember how badly I wanted an action replay as a kid, and how amazing it felt to finally emulate it thanks to Wii Homebrew.
Fuck, these feels.
I still need to get a GBA flashcart and maybe get a GB Micro. Maybe stick with an AGS 101 GBA

I wonder what the last game was that had a big head mode/cheat. I seem to remember it being pretty common.

I used a website in the late 90s called ALLPSX, kinda of a misleading title as they had cheats for other systems as well.

Die

Children are not human, die you underaged fucks.

Now I'm also remembering the Infinite animal glitch, you give an animal to a chao with a far enough distance and you can reuse it.

I seriously wonder how SEGA was able to design so many fucking chao, and how Chao were able to transition between power/fly/etc so seamlessly. It's insane now that I think about it.

You can do that in Super Mario 3D world, unless you meant with AR Specifically. Then I have no clue.

I'm 27 you retard

I tried to find my submission for PSO, but they turned it into a forum and got rid of the cheats?

It was one guy behind it and apparently he left SEGA ages ago. RIP Chao garden.

Man I remember all the cheats I got off that fucking site. I also remember getting all my fap material from pic related, and it's barely a fraction of what it used to be, God rest it's soul. I remember getting Bloodrayne nudes from that site ;_;

What's the point?

cheat codes? what are you talking about op? oh wait, you mean achievement guides and special discounts for dlc, right?

I used the Dirty Little Helper offline database that came with cover CD-ROMs of PC gaming magazines

i got the internet in 1996 user, i'm hardly a child.
fun cheats died in '94

Cheat code central was my go to. I can't believe it's still up after all this time.

I guess its transition into gaming news and peripheral culture was only a matter of time

I didn't have Internet until 2008.

Honesstly that shit just makes me sad because knowing a dev and knowing built in codes made everything worse.
And don't get me started on their Animal Crossing: Population Growing page, bunch of fucking stolen Tom Nook codes from Project Hyrule.

This shit right here.

I hate how many fake Zoo Tycoon cheats were on these sites. It was made worse by the fact the game by default has real obscure cheats and lots of them.

Most cheat sites never knew the Jellyfish could be put in shows. But they all listed the same easily tested and fake cheats like unlocking a dodo.

I honestly didn't think you guys would want to discuss anything and would instead shitpost this thread to death. I'm proud of you.

Nigga fuck you that's gay

"We're not merging with GameSpot or with any other site. We won't strip out the soul of the site."

-CJayC

cheatcodecentral.com before cheats themselves died

Why?

Nigger, I had to have books. I took a pen to a bookstore and wrote down interesting ones on my hand.

Children, swerve

Was paper not invented back then?

I remember going there to remember how to unlock the smash 64 characters and other shit.
Also checking zelda ocarina songs and stuff.
I remember seeing a "cheat" to make all the characters in smash looks angier/eviler by achieving a certain total high score among all characters. No other site mentioning that but skeptically attempted it and it and of course nothing happened. What simpler times those were.

I did this too.

My nigga.

Anyone else ever get one of those "Totally Unauthorized" CDs that had a ton of cheatcodes and even demos on it? Mine had stuff like Yoda Stories and even the PC version of Megaman X on it. I can't even find a picture of it in image search.

Hey bro follow these 17 steps in autistically specific detail in the Safari Zone to get Pikablu.

:^)

Its funny though, but with arbitrary code execution, you really could insert a new pokemon data into RBY

"Those kids" ended up being right by sheer luck and for entirely the wrong reason

At least it isn't hanging around like a zombie with a shitty layout made for tablets with posts about white privilege everywhere.

Funny old world.

Pffft, yeah alright kid.

I called him out on his shit, and no one believed me because he was the cool kid.

I'm too old for this tread. 40. old fag.

The flower really made it. It's like it was congratulating you on finding a nice thing.

holy shit, is this real? did he just, I dont

The original Pokemon games were essentially a series of bugs set up in a Rube Goldberg machine that fell elaborately and with great care into being a game. It was quite easy to knock a domino out of place and suddenly have something completely different happen.

1001cheats

Gamewinners was dope.
Good info and best user interface

tell us, what was it like when the stegosaurus roamed the earth. Did you get to meet Hillary when she was only middle aged?

Trucoteca

What are you doing on the internet, gramps?

I doubt the person that made the video did all that. However, in theory, everything they did IS possible.

With ACE, you exploit a hole in the game's programming. Maybe it's a buffer overflow, or maybe two things share the same memory address. You keep fucking with it and make the hole bigger, and basically feed in machine code into the memory addresses which gets executed when the address is read. If you push data into the right addresses, you can do things like inject scripts, new graphics or audio, that sort of thing.

The key importance here is that it doesn't use any outside method to do so - it's all technically possible within the game itself, by exploiting bad programming, even if it's not feasible to do with human inputs (which is why many are TAS'd)

Someone made pong and snake, for example, in SMW

There was a thing some pioneer waifu-fag wrote there about Ocarina of Time's Saria being in Banjo Kazooie, you had to reach her by typing a really long Saria related sentence in the beach letter puzzle thing then a secret passage would open to a cave where the wall textures would be pictures of Saria and she would be at the end of it.
I could not make this shit up.

Humans existed only after dinosaurs went extinct, shithead

Hold the fucking phone, we got freaking Sherlock Holmes here.

You dont need to resort to ad hominem goalpost moving just because you were proven wrong

Yes actually

I remember before the site died it never updated past PS1/N64 era I don't think.

web.archive.org/web/20060114112333/http://www.911cheats.com:80/

also enjoy

if life has taught me anything, it's that everything you like is going to go to shit

Some things get better. I just found out that Nuclear Throne Together updated and now supports 4-player co-op.

cody2819.newgrounds.com/news/post/918496

imgur.com/a/ZfpJ8

Feels bad man. Reddit is tainting it.

Funny takes a backseat to munny, my friend.

Can I learn to be funny?

Just watch a bunch of standup and rip off their acts. As long as you aren't doing Jeff Dunham bits girls will have no fucking clue.

But how could I do that? Humor is contextual and requires wit (i dont have it). The thing you said earlier wasn't in a comedy routine.

Sorry friend, but I didn't make that old man joke. Unless you are referring to the carlos-tier munny pun, then there is no helping you.

why?

Because that shit wasn't funny.

cheatplanet, its toobad they got absorbed by gamesradar…

Closest I had were those "100+ games" CDs. The kind that have obscure freeware/shareware games on them. By obscure I mean shit you can actually post in a games-only-you-played thread and not get a single person saying they played it.

oh…ok

For the record, this is legit. This explains it.

tasvideos.org/5384S.html

The Spongebob part is the best.

I used CheatCC until I found GameWinners. Both were good but I found GameWinners had more cheats sometimes. Before that I used any random sketchy site I could potentially find new cheats on, most of which were filled with fakes.
That should feel good but it doesn't. Want to cheat/unlock shit in new games? Only $4.99 goy!

NeoSeeker was my favorite place to look up walkthroughs.

i used to have pages and pages of GTA 3,VC and SA cheats used everything

I remember a cd i had that had a bunch of games and demos, especially megaman x demo on ms-dos, it had a yellow overlay, a list of games and a preview screen on the right showing what the game looked like, it came in two cds for part 1 and 2. I dont have the cd anymore.

O CANADA

OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND

TRUE PATRIOT LOVE

IN ALL THY SONS COMMAND