Hey Holla Forums

hey Holla Forums

what keyboard do you have?

do you like it?

this is a Friday night emergency.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201083&cm_re=rosewill_9000v2-_-23-201-083-_-Product
corsair.com/en-us/k70-rgb-rapidfire-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-speed-rgb-na
pckeyboard.com/
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-t0mb3ry-gmk-yuri-custom-keycap-set
originative.co/products/miami
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i want to get a corsair rgb

thank you for your input

are you going to buy a corsair rgb now?

I spilled a tiny amount of beer on my old keyboard, and now the control and left keys are shorted together. It was essentially a thimble-full of beer.

Why are you thinking of getting a corsair rgb?

pic unrelated

K400
It's wireless, it has a track pad
But it's taken more vodka than I could and astileks be frinktual

You can program it to look pretty and even more useful.

Looks solid for an HTPC. I should have been more specific in the OP. I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard for my desktop, with a numberpad if possible.

Looks are hugely important to me, but the reviews look pretty solid; I'll put it on my list to check out.

Vodka mechanical no

Logitech K120
Could be worse, could be Razer.
I got it for 10 euro last year (back when it still used to good old Logitech Mouse logo) and it still works fine. If I had to upgrade something, it's my phone and my mouse.
My buttons when pressed are transported on the screen and that's all I need. RGB XXXTREAM GOYIMER ESPORTS MECHANICAL 250$ DEATHKILLERSUPREME shit is for dumb goyim.

Danny phNtom keys

It's actually a razer Blackwidow I'm replacing. In my defense, it was on sale.

It's way to expensive but I got my boss to pay for it.

It feels very nice for typing (but not >100$ nice). Can't really say if it's better or worse for gaming.

The blank keys keep normalfags away from my computer because they can't type their password, that's a big plus.

Yeah you better replace that Israel Approved garbage right now buddy.

but my wife's son got it for me as a birthday present :^)

MX Reds feel much worse to type on than I expected. I should've gotten something with brown switches instead.

Top taste. I have pic related. It's pretty nice.

shit yeah my k120 bro! that's the real stuff. i owned expensive fucking keyboards, middle range ones and others and this shit just ends up working the best and lasting the longest. it really is sad how the input hardware jews manage to play everyone with their "pro razer gaming razer extreme 1337 mechanical super good" pieces of plastic trash.

Das Keyboard Model S Professional with the cherry brown stwiches
I have dropped it so many times and it sill works, though the place the cord is possibly falling out so I fear it will die soon.
I have also spilled pasta sauce on it and while it was tedious to clean it out as I had to remove every key and carefully clean it the keys don't fall out or feel loose as having been removed.
Here is a picture from their website

Oh fuck, could I be a marketer and not realize it?

Das Keyboard shills all up in this thread.

Seems like a Das or a k120 would be the way to go.

Plain, simple, comfy, but very robust. and practically anchors itself to the table.

Exactly. I got it because it was cheap and has some localized keys, but the feeling of it is still perfectly fine and since I can touch type (if you cannot touch type you are a brainlet kill yourself) and my one and only issue is that it's sometimes too loud. That's it. Everything else is perfect. What the fuck is a mechanical key going to improve in Reflex Arena? Nothing. If I were to invest in anything it would be a mouse because better mouse sensors cause less spinout in flick aiming and have less acceleration.

Not gonna lie, I find typing on mechanical keyboards for long periods of time comfier than typing on 'regular' keyboards.

I'm not sure if it's the faster feedback, the clicking noises soothing my autism, or the resistance compared to membrane keyboards.

I have this one. The only problem is that I had to switch from PS/2 cable down to a usb cable that came with it because the keyboard would disconnected. I don't know if it was because of a faulty ps/2 wire or if there wasn't enough space for the cable to fit. It works now and there's nothing wrong with it. Its just one of those things.

Forgot the link
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201083&cm_re=rosewill_9000v2-_-23-201-083-_-Product

I'm a gamer, do you think I do some gay shit like typing?

None the less, what would you recommend replacing it with then?

A Leopold Otaku with Cherry Brown switches.
I absolutely love it. I've had a few switches die on me and this board is piss-easy to resolder. I've got a bag of brown switches. I've only had to replace 2 switches in the past 5 years I've had this board. It's awesome.

I have this thing.

It's shit

cut the space bar into three buttons, the first button is space, the third button is enter, the second button is backspace.
Like when was the last time you used your right thumb?

Logitech K200.
Don't need no click-clack shit in this house.

Leopold F660M with Green switches. I like having a smaller keyboard but no arrow keys is a dealbreaker so it's more or less the perfect size for me.

Forgot my picture. I don't even know if you can buy the fucking things anymore.

I got the K70 Vengeance with blue switches. It's a solid fucking board, even dropped it a couple times accidentally and it works fine. I regret getting blue though, and I want to get brown or red.

It's large so you can reach it with both thumbs. Typewriter had larger keyboard and were used mainly by women with smaller hands so it was important to be able to reach space with both hands.

Can you tell me why? I've been asking around for a difference between the switches and all I get is either "Get blue" or dead silence.

The good thing about blues is they feel REALLY good. Nice response, good bounce to them. The only problem is how loud they are. I fell for the meme for a while because people would get them, and you could hear them on their videos and shit. They're way louder in real life though. Browns, however, have the same feel to them as far as I could tell, but with a much more satisfying thud rather than a click.

If you're really anxious about it you can spend a little bit of money on a switch tester to prevent yourself from regretting a purchase. They're usually around 10 USD. Generally the biggest difference between Cherry switches involve a few things:
1) Actuation force aka how much force it takes to press the switch
2) Tactile bump, whether or not there's a pushback to your input that lets you know you've hit the switch
3) Tactile click, whether or not there's a click that lets you know you've hit the switch

Reds have no tactile bump or click, Black also have no tactile bump or click but require a higher actuation force than Reds, Browns have a tactile bump but not tactile click, Blues have both a tactile bump and a tactile click, Greens have both a tactile bump and a tactile click but require more actuation force than Blues, etc.

That is a clever joke there man.

I've replaced several mice and had a whole new build in that time

I had one of those, It was crap and didn't work half the time.

At risk of sounding like I'm asking for a spoon to be fed to me so hard it punctures my colon, what switch does this keyboard have?
corsair.com/en-us/k70-rgb-rapidfire-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-speed-rgb-na
It's the one I've been considering getting, and my main concern is if it feels similar to the one I've been using for the past fucking decade. It's an old alienware keyboard that shipped with my computer, and I don't know the model. The switch is clear on it, and it does have a nice amount of feedback.

It took me a while to comprehend what the fuck you were on about, but then I got it

Unless I'm wrong, I believe you can actually choose which switches you'd want that one to have. I remember seeing listings on Amazon for that keyboard with red, blue, and brown switches.

Looks like a modified Cherry MX Red with less distance to actuate? So no click or bump.

Been using this. Only problem I have is somehow I got 2 F8 keys and no F9 key, but everything works right.

I got a Cooler Master Devastator II; i use the mouse that came with it as well. I got Red.

Yeah, the store page has options for "speed" and RBBr.

I see that line now, sorry, I don't know what the fuck's wrong with me anymore. It's like I've lost the ability to read properly.
I just need a keyboard within the next few days, and corsair's out of stock on blues, and I'd while I'd like to just wait for blues to come in, I've got just enough money to get one, and that's a rare occurrence.

this exactly

whenever i used a mechanical keyboard, the clicking just ticked me off. it's obnoxious, needless sound. not to mention it somehow feels harder or slower to type cause of the damn clicking. it's like you gotta commit to every button press like you're launching a fucking nuke or something. i just wanna type a sentence.

Sounds like you were using reds, aka the worst kind

my family uses this computer for their desktop. Any time i've tried to use their computer it's a fucking headache to type on that piece of shit. how wonky the keyboard is. The home row keys aren't like they oughta be, the curve really fucks everything up.

Reds have no click and no bump at all, I don't know what you're on about.

I have one of these. It's lasted me at least seven years between three PCs and even worked with Monster Hunter Tri when that was still a thing.

i may have misunderstood what he meant by launching a nuke.

mine says dell and is pushing damn near 20 years.

Same

Mine says IBM and the sticker on the back says 1992.

Some old fucking Razer one I got for my birthday a couple years ago.

It's totally average although me spilling stuff on it has gotten to it over time.
I want me some wasdkeyboards one in the near future though since all I see in retail are either office keyboards or massive glowing "gaming" monstrosities.

newegg nigga

this tbh. bought a broke friend a four dollar one on there. lasted him longer than his previous razer bs. He couldn't take care of his shit whatsoever though.

Damn. You win this round fam.

Dunno man, I like touching the keyboards before I take them home.

It's curved just enough to make it the most comfy typing experience on the market without being unusable.
If only it weren't wireless and only allowed for 5 inputs at once.

Fuck that shit. Wobbling colored lights are pointless faggotry. Get a more traditional mechanical keyboard. I have an Unicomp Ultra Classic, love the way it feels and sounds. Fuck yeah buckling springs.

pckeyboard.com/

i use a terribly old buckling spring keyboard, i keep meaning to replace it because whenever i clean the spacebar is a huge issue to put back on.
i'd rather have cherry switches, but then again none of my keys have died in over a decade which i guess is becoming more of an issue for those.

I have a model M and a KBP v60. I love both.

Good taste. I have the classic myself.

Logitech K200, picked it up for $5 years ago. I don't see the point in spending money on a keyboard unless you are doing a shitload of typing.

I've got a Drevo Gramr with black Outemu switches. It's a pretty nice board for everything and it only set me back like $40 USD.

way to try and co-opt a meme for your own cat. good work

Mine and my brocap collection

I am getting a Mira keyboard in a couple months when the group buy ships
I am not huge into TLK or fullsize but the Mira looked great and I want to do another keyboard build

my NerD60 has blue switches but for my MIRA I will be doing a zealiostotle

that basically means using the clear houses and springs from Zeal switches and the stems from a chinese switch called Aristotle
the Aristotle housing is awful cheap plastic but the stem on them is fantastic, its more tactile and clicky then any other switch so its loud as fuck, exactly what I like in a switch

the clear switches here are zeals

anyway for anyone interested there is some fantastic keyset group buys going on right now
Yuri is awesome and Miami is just a unique colorway
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-t0mb3ry-gmk-yuri-custom-keycap-set
originative.co/products/miami

das my keyboard asshole

Fuck off, you tumor.

no

IBM Model M.

I fucking love it.

It might be sleep deprivation, but the first minute had me giggling like a dumbass.

Don't worry, it's not just the sleep deprivation.

That sound is lovely too. The Model F sounds even better, but good luck getting one of those.

IBM model M.
Reddit basically killed the keyboard market, but at least my model M has been trustworthy for 25~ years and modern switches aren't necessarily better.

I dont think you understand how true this is
its not just the model m shit but basically everything keyboard related has been touched by reddits grubby hands

like custom keycaps like brocaps it was always kinda looked down on to sell them but since reddit autism got popular in keyboards its now a fucking huge trade market full of parasites that just scout keycaps to resell

What's the emergency?

I have one of those generic ass keyboards the janitor from my bloc gave me for free when I was building a computer basically from scratch. It works fine, but the 5 key on the numpad is getting stuck for some reason after a couple of years of use. I think I should just clean it again. I see these keyboards in every office here, it's black with silver lining, can't remember the manufacturer.

what? like, it was a shady profession or what?

I got the First version in Blue, it was cheap and it works well in the dark.

It sounds like production hasn't caught up to the sudden spike in demand yet.

pretty much, its always very limited

CoolerMaster Storm XT with Cherry Browns. Best keyboard I've ever had. Relatively cheap, no bullshit macro keys or RBG, standard full-sized layout. It does come with spare differentiated keys for WASD and the tool to easily remove them, but I'm not a faggot so I don't use them.

I've been using the Ergodox EZ for two years. I recommend it. Comfy layout. Fully programmable. Order it with whatever type of switch you like.

Corsair K70 RED LED (Cherry MX BROWN)

is it any good? now that it's down near a hundred bones canadian i'm considering one since my steelseries apex turned out to be an unbelievable piece of shit. i'd really like a daskeyboard pro with the volume wheel but getting one for less than like two hundred bones

Old IBM clicky.

But I use the microsoft ergonomic keyboard at work. Works great.

im very satisfied with the keyboard
its expensive as fuck and i bought it almost a year ago and had no problem with it
hope the keyboard will last at least another 10 years

also there are mechanical keyboards for half of a price

your computer is as old as I am.

haha i get it because the keyboard is an input device, and he used it to reply. layered humor bonus

thanks doc

I have this and it's just fine

I've been using this for at least 15 years now, still works like a charm.

I use to be able to get a stady 80 Words per minute but recently after not typing much and practicing I can only get around 60 when I checked today

Ive also started getting pains in my hands so this isnt good
getting older sucks

People that call keyboard keebs are fucking cancer reddit faggots
Fuck them

Got it for 2,420 at Yodabashi. It is pretty decent.

I have 3 of these. I love them

I was worried the whole thread would be faggots until you fine anons posted those.

This is mine.

Cooler Master Devastator II
By far the greatest value you will ever find in a non-mechanical keyboard, and no one should ever spend more than $20 on a rubber dome keyboard. (It even comes with a mouse).

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200
Excellent build quality and extremely cheap. No media keys or anything, though.

Quickfire Rapid
Quickfire XT
Monoprice Mechanical Keyboard
All three of these are cheap and have great build quality. Perfect entry-level keyboards.

I'm personally using a Logitech G710+ because I got it really cheap on a Cyber Monday sale. I'd recommend it but only if you can find it for as cheap or cheaper than the mechanical keyboards listed above.

my nigga. I got that exact one.
only issue I have with it is the bright as fuck LEDs. But I have this autistic hate for LEDs so I don't expect other people to have this issue.

Got this pair together. It's a functional setup, though I'd prefer a trackball mouse.

Picked this up on sale for £50
No problems so far.
Gateron red switches, full size and full RGB with optional macros using software but I never use those.

I'm happy with a Code 104 Cherry MX Brown with red o-ring dampeners. $165 is fucking expensive but it's the best keyboard I've ever used. Only complaints are the keys are designed to be backlit so they have transparent markings which make them hard to see when the backlight is turned off.

Can you turn down the lighting level? It's the one thing I've liked about G610.

A piece of shit 10 dollar keyboard with one 'custom modification' (left side windows key is popped out) from Walmart. What do I care as long as it works? What justification could there possibly be for purchasing a 'fancy' keyboard?

Mine

Love it so far

i remember a keyboard i had a while ago had fancy buttons at the top you could set to various functions, so i had mine do volume control, that was kind of nifty.

looks cool but typing or gaming on that cant be comfortable can it

It's a mechanical. I haven't noticed any real discomfort but I'm already a big fan of the texture and size of the buttons as it is.

soon

thats a typewriter

it connects with usb. Lol

There are typewriters you can buy that are gutted to work as usb keyboards for computers/tablets. However there are a lot of notable downsides like the lack of several kinds of buttons. Like ctrl, alt etc. They're also very expensive.

Damn, it doesn't get more hipster than that.

I have that meme keyboard I forgot it's name, weighs like 3kg
I don't give a shit how big of a meme it is I just want it to not break since I smash like shit tdue to tourettes

i just know theres someone that got that for their grandparents to try to get them more comfortable with computers.

seconding this one, i never knew how much i would use multimedia keys until i got one, problem is it has no prev/ next buttons and other models that do don't last as much

I've been using a Logitech G510 for a while now. No major complaints.
I only ever really use the screen at the top for the clock, but I think I'm going to miss it more than I realize when I eventually replace this keyboard.

ramabeast is a nice keyboard dont get me wrong, I was very very very tempted to get in on it but went with the MIRA instead despite prefering 65% boards

grand budapest keyset is ugly as ass fuck though

Yeah I don't actually have budapest, waiting on gmk plum to arrive for it but I like the picture.

Got a corsair rgb. It's pretty good looking, the layout is fine, it feels good and so forth, but the software and general compatibility is fucking abysmal. There is a special switch on the back to put it into "BIOS mode" for it to work in bootloaders and the BIOS itself, but it only works after a delay or sometimes only after a reboot. There are also issues sometimes where the keyboard isn't detected on boot when not using the PC for a few weeks or changing the usb port of the keyboard. I would recommend it for vidya only, but keep this in mind if you dual boot or do any technical stuff, most other ricershit keyboards probably have similar issues.

I am currently in on
plum
Dash/dancer
Iris
Yuri
Miami
and Toxic that ive been waiting for 3 fucking years for because fuck that group buy hell that shit has gone into

Also really fucking annoying how there has been so many shit SA sets just clogging the pipes so nobody can do SA caps till those shit ones are done

This thing. I just grabbed the cheapest keyboard I could find and so far it has not disappointed me.

I have the g710+ I got it for 45 Trumpbucks on ebay. Its a pretty great keyboard but the question mark key is a bit fucky. I have to press it very hard for a few seconds for it to work and then it will work for the next few hours if i continue to use it somewhat frequently. Then i have to do it all over again. Is there a fix for this? Can i just take out the key and clean it or something?

Fuck these damn memeboards. I have this thing and it is probably the worst keyboard I've ever had to use. Mecahnical switches add nothing and the non-ergonomic design is shit to try and game on or use for anything else really. Tenkeyless was a mistake too

this is the most meme keyboard post ever
10/10

How do you use the numpad for games? I use it as ABCXYZ buttons when emulating retro 2D games and for binding voice/misc commands.

Not really gaming related, but you can use them as multimedia keys.
I used to have this sort of set-up:
4 - Prev. Track
5 - Play/Pause
6 - Next Track
7 - Volume Down
8 - Mute
9 - Volume Up

You can bind macros to them, too. Depends on the games you're playing.

Dwarf fortress and assorted roguelikes.

I thought I could buy a seperate numpad for those, and keep my keyboard numpad-free in order to cut down on size when playing shooters and such, but the tenkey pads proved to be hot dogshit.

I do not have a keyboard. I control everything with a 360 controller and a mouse.

Anybody who makes glowing keyboards that cannot be turned off needs to be raped. Especially if they wax and wane in brightness.