Growing up I never knew anyone that had a Rayman game. Nobody talked about him

Growing up I never knew anyone that had a Rayman game. Nobody talked about him.
No magazines I've ever bought ever mentioned him. Not even here have I ever heard a mention to Rayman that wasn't that new sidescroller game.

The only contact I had with this series was a demo of Rayman The Grat Escape for Pc and it was so terrible I had actually completely removed the memory of playing it from my memory up until now.

What is this franchise? Does anybody remember these games fondly?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/CharaSqueeze
raytunes.raymanpc.com/
steamcommunity.com/id/CuteLittleGirl
steamcommunity.com/id/DruceusDrec/
raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9466
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, I'm still waiting for a proper 3d sequel similar to The Great Escape and Hoodlum Havoc.

Rayman 2: TGE is a surprisingly solid 3D platformer, why must you have shitty opinions? Rayman was huge in Europe by the way, especially France. Avoid the Rabbids titles and 3 is not that great either. Both Origins and Legends are the pinnacle of the series. Rayman 1 is okay and quite the looker but the very unforgiving. Sage for you being a faggot.

I'm italian.
Literally never heard of Rayman outside of that one demo.

Also it controlled like shit, could've have been that I was playing with keyboard, but it still did.

I played and enjoyed the GBC and GBA games as a kid. I envied those who had the console games.

What's that supposed to mean? Can't you counter what I said with words?

Try playing it with a controller for a change you dense fucker.

Rayman 1 is one of the top selling PS1 games.
Rayman 2 did gangbusters across all platforms
Series lost its charm around 3 then gained it back with Origins and Legends.

Series director wasn't involved with 3 coincidentally.

I read about Rayman 2 in a magazine back in its day, and decided to rent it (N64 version). I was not disappointed.

Good times.

Good luck. Developers don't know how to make 3d platformers that are not collectathons. Even if we got one it would likely be butchered in the west like the great escape was. Speaking of great escape is their an emulated version available? I would have to get a japanese region locked ps1 to play it on the console.

Threadly reminder ubisoft has already gutted the team behind origins, and legends.

There was a cute russian girl in my apartment who had it on her computer.

in my apartment complex*

noone remembers tonic trouble

But he is not wrong. They are great games user.

I remember seeing them in Game Stop and Electronic Boutique but I went trough an edgy "I'm too grown up for video games" phase between 01'-09'

Wait what? How could a western game be butchered in the west?
Why would you play the godaeful PS1 version?

this is bait user

God, I love Italians.

yes o had it on my 486. it took me years to finish the game since you can only finish it with 100%. but still i loved it

I remember the first game being a total bitch and impossible to finish.
The Great Escape was good and had a cute fairy I still want to put my pee-pee into.
I got very close to finishing Hoodlum Havoc, but it was not anything special. It had a lot of forced wackiness and meh humour.

I played a little bit of Origins, but have yet to finish it. It left me with a good impression.
I never touched any of the rabbits trash, though.

Overall, Rayman is a great character although terribly underused and lacks a dedicated main series.
Also largely unknown.

Sadly Ubisoft doesn't know what the fuck they are doing with him
Poor guyo

Rayman 1 was a medicore platformer with some beatiful sprite art and great music. Rayman 2 was one of the best 3D platformers of it's era.

Well if we're gonna talk about Rayman then I might as well give away my spare copy of Rayman Legends. Here, take it. Someone…?

steamcommunity.com/id/CharaSqueeze

Guy*

Yeah, I remember playing 2 on the PS1 and 3 on the PS2. They were pretty fun.
The new 2d platformers are also pretty fun as well.

I had a ps1 at the time.

What did he mean by this?

Correct me if I'm wrong wasn't a lot cut out of the great escape in the american release?

That's not Rayman Gold.

Was that the one with a level editor?

No idea, but the game was made in France. It was always Western.

Yah I meant US release. I have not been able to confirm it myself, but an user here told me that a lot of content was apparently cut from the american release when I told him that TGE wasn't very good.

All I know is that the PS1 version had a few cut stages and less moves for Rayman. But you are probably baiting.

Yeah, the "Rayman Designer".

I played the UK N64 version. I'm not aware of anything being cut from that. I know the Playstation has a bunch of cuts and changes.

You grasp at bait that is not there user.

This is probably closer to the truth, it was a long time ago. We don't have rayman threads that often.

The only differences are between platform versions, like for example how the PS1 has a few levels cut out of it an a lower number of total lums in it.
I've just looked it up and there doesn't seem to be any major differences content-wise between localizations in any of the versions.

Yah on top of that it was apparently released on the PC to. This is the first I am hearing of this, not even a need to emulate it then.

I remember the PC version having some drawbacks of it's own, but I don't remember what they were.

Its missing the globox village from the dreamcast or something and its a straight port of the n64 version graphics wise.

I think they changed the soundtrack from the N64 version, or something. People used to consider the N64 version better than PC. Maybe just fanboyism.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Rayman was huge in Europe.

Still waiting

Check your comments pls

I vaguely remember playing a ps1 rayman and it sucked.

Of course you never heard of it, you were probably too busy playing the umpteenth FIFA game.

Italian c o c k

Speak for yourself, I played the DOS version of the first game all the time when I was a kid.
Maybe you don't have any memories of it because it's a french series and you're american or something.

There was something magical abotu each and every Rayman, game, from sound, music, and beautifull art direction, and there was that awesome fucking Funk in all his actions and joyous motions.
I fucking loved his Sleak 3 Design, it just spoke COOL to me, you know?

I never played rabbits, but I gazed upon it and new it for the shit that it was, like how the fuck do you go from 12&3 to THAT?

Fuck it I'll give out Rayman Legends too. Comment on my DeviantArt page and I'll let you have it on Steam. DA is StoicZS

If I just ask for it nicely will you give it to me
steamcommunity.com/id/jinjosexual

Where can I find Rayman Collector

Are there any patches improving the game?

I greatly enjoyed Origins and Legends, but they have a different nu-feel to them than the older games. Definitely worth playing, and somewhat challenging to 100%, but I don't think they're the best in the series.

Rayman TGE / 64, pretty solid. Great soundtrack. I always seem to get to the On Top of the World level, 100%'ing as I go, and just dropping the game and never finishing it for some reason. There's also a Lum Cage in the fire mask temple or whatever that I can't seem to find, it's the one waaaay high up above the lava that you ride a plum through, I don't know how to reach it

The first game is definitely the best, and as others have said, incredibly punishing. There's some secrets you have to blindly jump to cause triggers to appear, lots of instant death spikes, and a little backtracking. Oh, and you HAVE to 100% it to get the last level unlocked.

they are sexy

I was "fortunate" enough to end up with a Jaguar and a pile of games after it flopped, so I spent a lot of depressing solitary youth with Rayman. I ended up playing the second one on PC very soon after that. That game kinda blew me away for how good it looked coming from playing mostly fugly N64 games prior.

Tell me about it.
Origins > Legends

I remember this shit being a 3DO title. No wonder nobody cared about it.

It was also on playstation and PC. All the important games in the series have PC ports.

Rayman 3 did NOTHING WRONG

And Jaguar lol

youre hired

Fuck you retard. Probably what said.
I'm also italian and i loved rayman growing up. Everyone i asked about loved it too. Here the only game people played were fucking soccer games, cod and other normalfag games.

Those games are fucking dull, after about 10 levels in you've seen how most of the levels play out.
Like really Land of the living dead should have been like a world 2 or 3, not an optional extra place
What's the appeal of these games, it feels like playing Sonic Unleashed in 2D, you're going fast but you're not really doing all that much skillful platforming.

I actually knew quite a few people with a Rayman game on their PC.
however, I didn't know anyone who had actually bought the games, they were all pirated.

What that made origins great in my book was the sound design, art style, and thicc fairies.

Rayman has always had great sound design, except in 3 where you need subtitles to understand the dialog.

I'm also still waiting on another 3d Rayman platformer.

Oh boy, the autist arrived. Here's that (You) that You want so much.

I have more vivid memories of fucking Bubsy the Cat than I do of Rayman. That shit just appeared out of nowhere as an apparently popular franchise, even though nobody was talking about, and I never knew anybody who played one.

Sorry I'm not dick sucking that fancy looking Ubiart engine left holding simulator.

Youtuber reviews shitting on the game aside how is it past the first level?

It was better than the actual Rayman games themselves.

Rayman gave us super THICK fairies so theres that, also.

I had the pal version called rayman M Fuck that last stage which is 9% boosters, 90% shock floors and 1% instant death barrier running towards you (like you're out the race if you get hit)

the only reason you played rayman origins was because everyone inflates and blows up when they die

Fuck outta here with that talk. 1 might have been gorgeous to look at if you were playing on anything that wasn't one of a billion ports and 2 might have taken itself way too seriously, but 3 was fun. The game had humor that didn't feel too out of place, and it made the more beautiful parts of the game like land of the livid dead more fleshed out and three dimensional. I can understand that humor is something that won't work for you if it doesn't hit the mark.

I had the PSX version, it lacked the fighting mode.

What did he mean by this

There's a GBA port, where all they did was zoom in the screen to ridiculous lengths. The first boss's attacks, where he zooms in from the side with all of his body being positioned obviously so that you had a good amount of time to prepare took place entirely offscreen, so you only had one pixel's worth of notice before being sideswiped.

Italian Rayman is a faggot trash fish.

That looks pretty bad, I never played that version myself. I had the PS1 version.

How young are you?
Everybody from my age group had superb taste, nobody even had fifa

The GBA version was ported 5 years after the original release.
What is it with ports of games and screen crunch. Pic related is sonic advance for mobiles

You are right, most people played CS 1.6 back then

user, CoD came out in 2003.

Rayman 1 and 2 had a bunch of shitty ports for tons of systems
Ubisoft really screwed the pooch on the first game and all of its ports.

Cause it's easier then trying to recreate smaller sprites and a better physics engine then just taking all your assets and dumping them on the floor, and it's easier to justify it as "Preserving our artistic integrity"

ouch

Rayman 2 DS is absolute worst, the wonky hit detection and analog movement on a dpad aside there's a glitch that makes rayman slide off both the Golem at the end of the 2nd mask level and in the fire temple on another platform, so for these segments you have to pray he doesn't fall of instantly killing you.

Not to mention the idea of fighting boss battles when half of the bosses could never physically fit onto your screen. Mr Sax and Mr Skops were the worst for that reason.

I still own the PC version, the races were pretty cool but I fucking hated the battle mode.

My circle of friends played Rayman 1 on PC back when we were little shit eating kids.
It's one of my favorite games ever and I still, 15 years later, pretty much know all the secrets and tricks by heart.
OST is easily top 5 and Betilla theme is GODLY.

Surprisingly, the 3DS got a port, and it's supposedly based on the superior Dreamcast version.

Dunno, never played it. I just remember them advertising the shit out of it in those Sega Visions magazines I used to get. Pretty sure my cousin's neighbor had the game, because he was a spoiled rich fuck and had everything it seemed like. Whenever we'd go over, I was more interested in Lethal Enforcers and Sewer Shark for his SegaCD. Had another friend who's dad owned the local videostore, so he got all the free game rentals he wanted. I remember seeing Bubsy on the shelf, since they had like two or three copies.

Rayman, though, I honestly don't recall ever seeing it until that Raving Rabbits game on the 360.

Rayman seemed to be really popular in Europe and the UK, I've known tons of people who've played at least one of them growing up.

Reviving some classic memories

Who /RaymanDesigner/ here?

What happens when you get all the lums? I have a finished version of the game installed but I never bothered to go back and get them all. In some of the levels, it's impossible to go back. I'm guessing that would make going for completion pretty tedious.

I played this as a kid and went back to it for the first time this year. It's been over 15 years probably. Funny how I still remembered a lot of that stuff, especially from the beginning.

The +7 hour long soundtrack of rayman 3 is absolutely amazing and I've listened to some of the tracks more than 30 or 40 times by now

You're god damn right I remember these games fondly

It just unlocks more lore

StoicZS on DeviantArt here. Still waiting for someone to take my copy of Rayman Legends. Leave a comment on my page.

hey guys

can we talk about Rayman 3

Welp, I'm off to download it. Thank you user!

Rayman was pretty big in France, I even remember they gave out Rayman toys back in the day at McDonalds there inb4 baguettefag, I worked there for a time

What's wrong with being french? Fuckers have big dicks.

Someone should post those song level runthroughs.

why live

Tonic Trouble was interesting, and it was their test for 3D platforming before jumping into Rayman 2: TGE. It's very intelligent to practice what they need to do and build on it before just jumping right into it

altough the rabids are the worst in the series, GBA rabids is quite fun

Thanks user been looking for underated gba games.

it's kind of like 1 but with different mechanics, altough it is kind of short, it ussed allot of assets and levels from the cancelled rayman 4, basicly it looked like a unfinished rayman 4

I remember rayman being advertised pretty heavily in my local store all those years ago but when I asked the other kids in the store if they played or what they thought of it they just shook their heads.

I remember getting stuck near the end of the game because I was missing one or two things, from a pyramid/undead level, and I assume I needed it to pass some kind of spiral gate in the last level?

Apart from being the sewer of europe? Maybe their mohamed and dindu infestation. Also

They're actually surprisingly good. Fiesta is easily up there alongside Origins and Legends.

I meant, before the shitskin infestation

Kill yourself jesus christ

At least play it before jumping to conclusions, Fiesta is an excellent game. Being on mobile does not make it inherently(U+200B was here) bad.

I have you fucking retard. It's a shitty runner with a kick and jump button.

Calling it a runner is misleading, that bands it with games like Temple Run. It has levels and plays like Legends does, only it runs for you.

Yes. Rayman 2 was the first non-educational game I played.
Pretty much all the rayman games are great. Certainly the platforming ones. Just be careful which version of Rayman 2 you buy and avoid any 3d handheld Rayman games. They're all really terrible Rayman 2 ports.

I have Rayman M on PC

Is there more r63 Rayman?

Huh. That's weird. I guess the GBA version is the only thing that survived of the original vision for Raving Rabbids.

Reminder that the Nymphs from Rayman Origins were removed in Legends because of SJWs

And replaced with sexy barbarian girls? That's stupid.

Lol no, It's clearly just an empowered stronk female character replacing a "damsel in distress"

I thought Rayman 2: The Great Escape was a pretty good game.

Plenty of the variants were attractive, even if the base was too rough for you.

Growing up, the only Rayman game I had was an educational game that I hated. I thought that the entire series was shitty educational games and I would avoid the games completely. I recently watched a guy on youtube review the entire series and it made me want to play it. I emulated Rayman 2 and had to buy Rayman 1 (Forever) because it didn't come out on a Nintendo console and all non-Nintendo emulators are fucking garbage. Kinda mad at myself for missing out on this series. The games are really good and Rayman 1 has one of the best soundtracks I ever heard in a game, even better than Pac-Man World 2.

We all know which variant was best anyways.

Mednafen is just fine for ps1. And you could have always pirated the PC version of Rayman 1.

Dobsooooooon!

Years ago I would have not thought anything of it, but after seeing the bubbilizing death this is exactly what I thought.

this just saddens me old hearth

my dick is empowered

Sexy…

alot of french art is like that, same as wakfu

i'm italian too and i 100% Rayman 2 when i was a kid, i even had that Rayman M game that came with kellogg's or whatever.

If anybody wants a decent download for the soundtrack this is where I've got mine from

raytunes.raymanpc.com/

I'm also Italian, don't listen to this faggot who probably grew up with sophisticated visual novels, every one of me mates knew of Rayman but the only ones who owned the original title were a couple of 'em. We all had the PS1 version though.
lmao eat your heart out paisano

That's not how you spell ISSPRO and PES :^)

Even a lot of the stuff I grew up with

By the by, come to >>>/ita/ within the next hour if you want an ass woopin by a bellissimo son of a mama

Are you retarded, my child?

Rayman Designer was pretty boss at the time. Though, I'll never understand why they retconned the other people to have limbs…I mean, Globox has no legs, and the odd limbless character like the General still shows up every now and then, so it seems like a rather pointless change.

Add me for freeRsyman Origins…. need friends.
steamcommunity.com/id/CuteLittleGirl

How did this even get in the game? Now I really want to play Origins again.

It didn't. It's from a cutscene in the trailer showing Rayman's origin, back when the game was actually supposed to be a prequel or reboot before they decided against it and made it a sequel. There's still lots of obvious jiggle physics for a children's game, though.

There was an edit from way back when origins released that replaced her expressions with aheogo faces.

Just give me Rayman 2 Part 2

Add me for Rayman Legends. Send me the message "Boom sent" so I know you're from Holla Forums

steamcommunity.com/id/DruceusDrec/

You got a larger version of that gif?

Doesn't look like it. No webm either.

I always knew Rayman was a thing, but never payed any attention to or played any game EXCEPT Tonic Trouble. Granted it was years later that I learnt it was Rayman related (The floating limbs kinda tipped me off but didn't think much of it).
I don't remember it being that great but I only played when I was too young to be a good judge of anything (For the record, despite renting Conkers Bad Fur Day super young, I didn't make it out of the tutorial zone.)
It's was first used to test out Rayman 2's 3D engine and has a PC so you don't have to run an emulator to try it.

That game was always the strangest thing to me. That they would make bizarro Rayman when they could have just made a Rayman game. I guess it's a good thing that they respected Rayman enough to not want to risk tarnishing it's name on their first try at 3D.

get out

what I find is interesting is their are like 6 ports of Rayman 2 and almost every single version has something unique about it.

Why?

but user, i was already there.

The 2nd and third games are pretty fun. Origins and legends are decent too

I came for the obscure lewds and was disappointed.

No wonder it wasn't that popular.

my uncle in texas would play rayman 2 on the nintendo 64 but that is all i recall, nobody else i knew was very familiar with it. but i do remember playing one of them on the playstation 2 so i think as a brand it did reach out. i am interested in playing 2 and i have given 1 a shot and its good fun albeit way too fucking hard, the entire game is a fucking casual filter. i really like the graphical direction, the controls are solid, and it works with every controller ive tried but i specifically use buffalo classic usb pad. if you want to try it get rayman optimum, fully patched with all the missing music and other shit every fucking other release is missing
raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9466
you have to click the second broken imgur "image" which is really a link

ive also played rayman origins with my brother which has a really good multiplayer mode, though im not sure i like the infinite lives shit just because i feel like i could just throw myself out anywhere like a retard, and thats exactly what i end up doing and still winning. still enjoyable though, and it looks great