NieR Automata Thread: Canadian Edition

So how are those crashes going, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/1p195o818um85d7/HF pAppLoc.exe
drakengard.wikia.com/wiki/Cult_of_the_Watchers
lparchive.org/Drakengard/
drakengard-3.com/timeline.html
drakengard.wikia.com/wiki/Singularity
steamcommunity.com/id/sinkitsune1/
steamcommunity.com/id/LastRespiration/
gematsu.com/2015/11/nier-automata-leads-discuss-main-characters-gender-skirt-destruction-more
dropfile.to/yK5Psdn
my.mixtape.moe/wxrqtk.7z
nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Project Gestalt Report 10
nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/[Top Secret] Project YoRHa
youtube.com/watch?v=XfZJNxxY1go#t=9m40s
youtu.be/bLye5K_wIOs?t=11370
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what crashes? I'm playing the DRM free version and I've had no issues.

Hasn't crashed for me, yet.

That motherfucking parade mission's gonna give me ptsd I swear it.

I was getting loads of random crashes however I just managed to play for many hours without crashing using:
1. Fitgirl Repack with Triplesec+CODEX crack
• Magnet Link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:F1BD99F861F75C1F981A371A0D4C2BED2971CB0F
2. Run with Japanese locale as Administrator
• HF pAppLoc adds locale option to right-click menu of executables.
mediafire.com/file/1p195o818um85d7/HF pAppLoc.exe
3. Open task manager & set affinity of NieRAutomata.exe process to real cores only (no threads)
• Example. CPU 0, CPU 2, CPU 4, CPU 6,, etc.

I also had to fix that "Jet Engine Sound" problem by renaming BGM.bnk (in "NieR - Automata\data\sound\bgm") to BGM1.bnk, load game, save game, rename file back to BGM.bnk, load game, issue is gone & music is back.

maybe stop being shit

i prefer to just put the disc in and press play

you get what you payed for

no crashes for me so far, only have about 12 hours playtime though

What crashes?

Do it on your second run. Hacking makes it trivial.

Every thread, I suspect the posts about it crashing are just shills trying to put people off from running the crack. That and maybe one or two anons that can't figure out how to used a pirated/cracked version. Big releases like this always bring out the newbies.

Yea it does faggot, and everyone else I know.

Have we found a consensus yet on the optimal camera settings for ass screenshots?

Auto use item + anti chain damage Literally just remember to heal when you're at like %50 health and the WHOLE GAME becomes trivial.

L3+R3

That's not a camera setting silly, everyone knows about the instant skirt stripping

The parade mission is different because it's not you have to worry about but half the dozen LGBT robo faggots following you.

I just did it with hacking though, was easy enough.

A FUCKING LEAF

No crashes since the CPU affinity trick. Just started route C yesterday and I'm feeling like shit.
Why must robutts suffer so much?
It's honestly hitting me harder that I expected and I'm kinda resenting the game at this point.

still no patch on pc?

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT THE GODS AND THEIR LACKEYS, THE WATCHERS GOT AWAY WITH EVERYTHING

THEY SIMPLY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

AMD released new drivers that supposedly fix the crashes in Near A Tomato, but still no patch from Square and support responses make it sound like they're not going to patch it at all.

if you crash the game you win!

Has the fucking jet noise been fixed for this?
There was a supposed fix that involved deleting some files but it eventually comes back again, and disabling the music is a shit workaround.

Honest question: what's up with the sun and how is anything still alive under all that insolation?

Is there even a single quest which doesn't make things worse for the world? Every time the quest giver's last words make you realize that it would have been best to ignore his request.

I ve wasted a lot of time doing the quests for shitty rewards, but it seems this game's writing is too pretentious, i wish 9S would choke and die. Now i know he wont.

Why must the Japanese always have this kind of "teamwork is best so we will handcuff you to these NPCs "? There is not even a dynamic teamwork where you can use 9Shota to achieve a higher combat efficiency. Just fuck my game nips.

It may be that i come from Toukiden 2 which does this and manages to completely ruin the game too. Another game that comes to mind that at least tried to do better was Dragon's Dogma.

The game doesn't crash for me either, i heard this was a problem of the cracked version and some old cards.

Game doesn't explain a lot of stuff. The sun being fixed would imply that Earth stopped rotating (???) and on half of it is always night.

set sound effects to 0 (the noise should stop - if it doesn't do it with music or voice or whatever is causing it for you)
turn off the game
turn on the game
load your save
set sound effects to their previous value

In the segments where you don't have 9S with you you'll find your damage output is NOTICEABLY worse. He actually does a fair amount alone without you realizing it.

Get Ending A and then keep playing, you'll see a lot more when you play as 9S that he's actually mostly focused on the glut of information he is getting that 2B is blind to.

Finally finished up the 9s playthrough.
And holy shit did things get intense.
I took my time going through as 9s, did 80% of the quests, half the weapon upgrades, 80% of the pod programs
Going to eventually try and Plat the game.

But god damn things have gotten crazy.
I have done two of the "Resource Collection Unit" towers and gotten two keys as 9s. This also confirms that 9s is truly a top tier lad. I am now on the A2 section as apparently 9s is too mentally unstable

It is a damn shame we dont get more time to play as 2B in her battle armor. Also the whole "logic virus" nonsense kind of pissed me off. Hope they explain it more as I progress.

I just set him to passive because it annoyed me when he stole my kills. Doing so didn't make the combat any more difficult tbh.

Isn't 9S too fucking skeptical and curious to be a machine? I was wondering why won't 2B report his ass the moment he questions authority and have him recycled.

I thought everyone was serious business like 2B, but it seems not since that one call from operator 6O who was crying because her lesbian crush rejected her. Should have installed a dick module before trying tbh.

You would know what the logic virus is if you played Drakengard and learned it's lore.

It's just the android/robot version of the Red Eyes disease

drakengard.wikia.com/wiki/Cult_of_the_Watchers

Opposite for me, playing as 9S was a slog and I only tolerated it because of the new story content, so I rushed through that route. I just want to go back to playing 2B but the game keeps giving me a middle finger at every turn.
A2 is alright but she cut her hair right at the start. That was gay, I wanted that long hair A2.

I might look up lore for the games, but based on gameplay of the Drakenguard series, I dont think I would like them. They first off look broken as fuck, fps crashes, game crashes, bugs out the ass, the combat is mostly irrelevant, and the character design is too weeaboo for my tastes. But Nier I could play and most likely will assuming I can find a way to once I am done with this game.

I dont know how far you are into A2's quest but there is a reason for the haircut.

Prepare yourself, if the situation of Automata story makes you sad, knowing why the world is in such a precarious situation will make your hearth bleed.

lparchive.org/Drakengard/

Here's some funny summary to make things a little bit more lighter.

Anyone have the pirate version of FAR?

Wow. These are the least erotic 2B drawings I've seen yet.

To keep track of things.

drakengard-3.com/timeline.html

drakengard.wikia.com/wiki/Singularity

i guess i'll buy it on sale assuming the actual retail copy has something approaching QA regarding controllers

I have one, you need DS4Windows for most PC games.

I want 2B to sit on my face

Get in line.

what a shame, are there any games like that? (I mean not with those problems)

What is the reason for the haircut?

She has 2b's memories. After defeating the desert worm, it appears she is having some internal conflict with 2b.
I assume she cut the hair as an homage/identity crisis type of deal.

Anyone have a link to the latest FAR without antipiracy?

Well if there's a thread about Nier then I might as well post this here. Anyone want my spare copy of it? My friend didn't want it and idk what to do.

steamcommunity.com/id/sinkitsune1/

github.com/marcussacana/FAR/releases

I'll take it if you've still got it.
steamcommunity.com/id/LastRespiration/
Actually, I can't log in to steam right now. Is it down?

Fitgirl repack. Starts up fine but crashes every 2 hours. I'm so done with it. It's getting shit on in Steam forums for no fixes and lots of crashing.

I had no crashes on fitgirl's version after doing the cpu affinity thing.

I don't use virtual cores. I have 4 cores so I run it using 4 cores. Hyperthreading is retarded and leads to poorer performance because stuff stuck in single threads is running on a half power processor.

i'd like to enjoy 2b ass if possible

Added you.

Damn, this was too good to be true. It seems the technology isn't there yet.

I don't know if that's what going on.
I have an i5 6600k, specifications say 4 cores and 4 threads, I have only 4 available cores in the CPU affinity setting, yet unchecking cores 1 and 3 still fixed all my crashing issues.
It is a mystery.

ran it on windows 10 smoothly, except poor optimization paired with a faulty gtx 970 made some drops in performance while maxing settings
so i install win7, because whythefucknot
so i relaunch without changing anything, nothing bad happening, and i play until first checkpoint, three hours later and the game crashes for no fucking reason, from then on, crash every 20 minutes, fixed by disabling cores: 1,3,5,7 on affinity and setting priority to high
by this time the shill had already started showing his colors, begging for a job, so i download previous version of the mod
i'm now only at 12h in the game, AO disabled and AA disabled so i have a constant 60fps
the only things i'm feeling good about are installing Win7, getting used to a controller for the first time, not killing the robots in the amusement park, and a little bit of hope for a V2 crack by BALDMAN
but i'm starting to wonder if this is worth it for a shitty port

Ending A and B both cut to the credits prematurely for me. I don't know what would even cause it. About halfway through the final cutscene of either route, it just goes but the audio keeps playing. Really weird and I hope its only for A and B. Would suck having to look up every ending online after I get them.

doesn't hurt to try, to be honest it didn't have so much issues and it's not like i bought it so i don't really care

user you lucky bastard

Other than using Borderless Gaming and the occasional crash, I'm fine as well. Oh and this>>12593763.

Its a pretty shit port.

Is there any way to freeroam as 2B in the high level areas from route C?
It seems all I can do is replay the first route, which sucks because I'm overleveled as fuck for those areas.
I really like 2B's design better than A2 and I feel like I didn't get enough time to play as her.

Why does 2B have Kaine's clothes instead of A2?

Hey guys, do you think I could back up my save externally in order to get all endings AND still keep my save ?

Also how does that ending work exactly ? Like is it the last ending you get ?

Fuck off Dawn.

Did you finish all the endings? Pretty much everything you are asking about begins to clear up after ending A.

Yep, it fixes it. No crashing. What the fuck.

4 core machine, no hyperthreading. Create new text file in the main folder. Rename to .bat. Edit

pushd %~dp0
start /affinity 5 NieRAutomata.exe

Save. Right click and properties on Nier, compatibility, uncheck run as adminstrator, exit. run the .bat and the game starts up with 2 of 4 cores activated. Does not crash.

Alright I've been messing around a bit with cheatengine and just lowering your EXP value automatically lowers your level and stats, I tried setting 1,000 EXP and that left me at LVL6 and I was doing and taking proper damage for LVL6. So that takes care of the overleveling I guess, but it still sucks that I can't fight the new enemies and go to the new areas with 2B, maybe there is some way to model swap A2 for 2B since they both play very similar.

By the way, searching stat screen images on google gave me EXP values for various levels in case anyone else wants to customize their level:

Lv09: 2,954
Lv17: 13,123
Lv31: 62,735
Lv46: 170,400
Lv62: 369,488
Lv99: 1,812,236

That should give you an idea of what EXP value to use for the level you want.

WHOOP WHOOP

PULL OVER

300 pounds of PUSSY and ASS!

But it'll be worth it

just think how strong you will become through consistent coitus

Worth it.

but there was one bone she couldnt break. notice anything missing from those skeletons?

F U G G

This was already asked before, but I forgot the response. When you beat the sea goliath & a bunch of quests vanish from the list do they come back? I recovered 9S, but I assume he must rejoin me for those quests to be available again?

Also, the copied city looks really neat.

Yeah
They unlock when you play as 9S

IF YOU ARE A FAGGOT WHO HAS NOT GOTTEN THE FINAL ENDING DON'T ASK TO BE SPOONFED ANSWERS ABOUT THE STORY AND QUESTS

Keep playing

He's not fucking up your shit user.

This the correct thing to do.

While the logic virus can be seen as analogous to the Red Eye Disease in some ways, it's not a perfect analogy and has no relation to it unless we can figure out what connection there is between the Watchers, Eve, and N2.

It's called skintendation user.

Beat the game.

And now the PC version is objectively superior.

Step it up user.

You have to finish the game and you start over as 9S there you can do any quests you missed, but if you want to do them as 2B you'll have to finish the game a second and then third time to unlock a chapter select menu, which lets you replay chapters and do quests at your leisure, with some limitations, as mentioned in

Emil's definitely got something LALALALALALA and the new artbook has a Drakengard novella included, I think it's best to assume something screwy is going on
Maybe after they discovered Earth the watchers kind of spawn camped until Machines and Androids developed souls of their own

This game is decent but overrated tbqph.
The "open world" structure is repetitive and doesn't serve the game well. The RPG trappings in general are pointless once you get the optimal chip build (auto-heal, auto-use item, offensive heal, and maybe counter or a few other chips). The dodge is way too easy, since you can cancel from a dodge into another dodge. Route B is repetitive, boring, and unnecessary. The game plays too fast and loose with the plot, especially near the end–what's supposed to be a cavalcade of revelations gets bogged down by ambiguity over exactly what the machines' and machine network's capabilities are. Some of that probably comes down to the fact that it's a translation.
I liked the game overall, though. However, I liked it in the same way that I liked Dragon's Dogma: a decent but flawed game that people with high standards might want to borrow or pirate rather than buy.

you don't get the purpose of the open world, then. I don't think your criticism is worth it if you can't comprehend a surface level detail. Reassess it.

I think I understand what they were trying to do. They wanted you to become familiar with a relatively small number of open areas that connect to each other over the course of revisiting them. The thing is that you end up revisiting them enough times to be more than familiar with them, and it becomes too familiar and boring. If they really wanted to go for an RPG structure, it would have made more sense to have a mission-based structure with one or two hub areas (like the bunker and the resistance camp).
To be fair, they do one thing well with it: permanently changing the landscape and opening up new routes over the course of the game. Things like the crater, or unlocking the hidden elevators, are a decent use of open worlds. They just don't make up for the repetition.

which is why they change after every chapter and even dramatically after some in both the layout and enemy groups. Repetition is negligible and the way the over world is occupied makes compelling use of various sidequests, main quests, and accommodates hasty travel, grinding, exploration, and resource collection adequately. The repetition is at worst 2 minutes of travel time for only part of the game. mounts help with this and warps as well.

What confused you? The only people who I've seen actually confused about the machines were autists reading into things that weren't there.

It has native support for the 360 pads even with chink off brand wireless adapters. The problem is (you).

Repetition is a problem which could have been somewhat alleviated if I had known no quests would disappear before unlocking the fast travel. While it may not be one of the most major problems in the game, it is indeed a problem.

Instead of just shit posting "works on my machine" I wanted to explain the issue with crashing/gamepads in case anyone is having trouble running the cracked releases. I'm using the Fitgirl repack and like some other anons I'm running it with no mods at a stable 60fps in proper full screen. I also have all settings on max and have experienced no crashing. Pic related is the machine I'm playing it on. I've been playing on the 4th and first monitor. I play all games in [email protected]/* */ or 120Hz, I can't seem to get 144fps or 120fps from this game so I've mostly been playing it on the TV and turned it back down to 60Hz. So it is a highly unoptimized piece of shit for sure.

Most anons with no problems seem to be running on i7/i5 processors and Nvidia graphics cards. I suspect this game was developed and tested only on such hardware so people with AMD hardware are running into more problems. If you have a GTX980 or above everything seems stable at 60fps. I think a few anons are running slightly older cards without much trouble too. AMD cards seem to be all over the place and the processors need affinity for more than 2 cores disabled to work correctly for some (most?) people.

It does not support the DS4/DS3 but does support 360/Xbone controllers assuming your drivers are installed. I've run it with wired/wireless Xbox controllers with no issues. If you need to use a DS4/DS3 do the usual thing and get some software to make it work with xinput. Standard bullshit we have to go through with every game that doesn't have support for direct input devices. Same problem SF5's PC port had. Don't know why Japanese developers are so horrible at this.

Like I said I suspect the game was developed and tested on a high end Intel/Nvidia machine and once they got it stable they called it good and shipped it. It is a horrible port but it runs fine if you have the right hardware. Not trying to make excuses for the developers just saying this is the trend I've noticed since the crack was released. It doesn't seem to be an issue related to the crack itself I just think more folks are trying the game now on lower-end hardware than before. We should really make a pasta for this so we don't have to go through it every thread. If some of you anons that aren't having issues could post your system specs maybe we could track this down.

Fitgirl repack comes with mods by default unless you removed them dork

an incredibly insignificant problem that might amount to 30 minutes of buffer time in a 70 hour playthrough.

The FAR mod isn't on by default either at least it wasn't for me. I purged the directory of anything modified before I first ran the game to see if the problems reported were real. I've had no issues so I didn't install any modifications. Didn't want to risk my save file.

I 99% this game in about 55 hours and the only things I didn't do is catch the last few fish, and get the last few rare enemies. This is a 60 hour game at best, and that's with a ludicrous amount of time spent on fishing and respawning enemies hoping for a rare one that might not even spawn there.

By the way, I crashed. On this setup.

So is One to blame for basically the entire setting since she's the catalyst for The Watchers cult which proceeds to fuck everything up for everyone ever?

Her actions, though she believed they were her own, were likely influenced by the flower. He brother is essentially a tool the flower made her create as a fail safe to carry out it's will if Zero succeeded in stopping it. That a guess I just came up with though. Who created the flower? As far as I know, it could be some dumb fuckwit who didn't know what he was doing and was just experimenting in Cathedral City. It could be somebody intentionally trying to begin the apocalypse with knowledge they gained in Cathedral City. It could be some tother shit. I'm tired. Goodnight.

Still not significant

Various people who both have and have not enjoyed the game have brought it up. It is.

Doesn't one of the loading screens say the flower came from space?

Why are human intelligences (the red girls) in the machine network in the first place?
Why do they want to cover up human extinction?
Did they create Project YorHa? It seems implied that they did.
I'm sure all of these are answered somewhere, but they aren't conveyed well.

Is wearing the memesweater backwards against protocol?

I already went back to a previous save. There were too many things I needed to do. I'm avoiding the Sea Goliath fight for now & doing every side quest I can find.

>tfw Father Servo gave his life for git gud

You can do them at any time later on. Best to just make progress. Or at least not revert to old saves.

An hero yourself as soon as possible.
Many things are explained indirectly in a poor to mediocre way or they aren't explained at all, like

Also, there should have been a lot more callbacks and (in my opinion) a FEW well placed retcons to spice the story up, which would have made the game much more enjoyable to the old fans who follow the lore closely. But of course, $quare €nix had to make sure the game would be as "appetizable" as possible to the majority, marketing 101.
I quote from an interview with Taro and Saito:

Source: gematsu.com/2015/11/nier-automata-leads-discuss-main-characters-gender-skirt-destruction-more

What's the actual name of the sweater though?

New Baldman Crack:
dropfile.to/yK5Psdn
mega:#!xjRRGKSK!mC7pADZxAPj79_4M9fH1-dfvcspStTYd6p9pJXFo2F8
If you're using FitGirl repack you only need to copy the exe from this archive overwriting your current crack. It will use CODEX steam emulation that FitGirl repack has by default.

File has been deleted, can you upload the copy you have somewhere user?

It's still on MEGA. Well, whatever. Here's a third link.
my.mixtape.moe/wxrqtk.7z

Is that the exe in the Baldman folder or just the one in the general Automata folder?

Thanks user. Should I back up the old exe just in case?

Why wouldn't you?

I did, I was kind of typing my thoughts.

its honestly not that hard to play with kb&m, i mean its not fuckin amazing but its not impossible

where were you when you realized P33 is the reason the machines are so persistent and eventually succeed in the machine wars to eliminate the androids?

oh and where were you when one of the key themes of the drakenier media ends up being the persistence of humanity because despite how things have fallen, everything remaining retains elements inherited by humanity or being driven by the existence of humanity and how ultimately it is a surprisingly hopeful message to derive from the games

You have no idea what you're in for.

Virgin killing sweater. No joke.

Tried it and played for a few hours without the affinity trick. No crashes.

Pretty good.

sugoi

so someoneone mentioned it all began with modern city showing up in drakegard1 but all I can find is just flying fortress of empire/watchers

Actually, it shows up before Drakengard 3, which is before Drakengard 1

Use the timeline

856: A city appears over night on the Iberian Peninsula.

995: The Cathedral City is reduced to ruins (Beginning of Drakengard 3).

1099: Prince Caim of Caerleon forms a pact with the Red Dragon (Beginning of Drakengard 1).

This retarded sweater triggers me so hard.

I think it's actually less stupid worn backwards.

Couldn''t make Reshade + FAR work, only either, ruins this crack for me, guess i'll keep using the old crack

This user. After completing route C you unlock Chapter Select and could have gone back to one of many checkpoints to complete any quests.

Also Father Servo was meant to be fought then or during route B. I can only imagine you spent quite a while whittling him down.

It's okay, I have autism too

Well it's quite ugly tbh, i mean it doesn't look sexy at all, obviously the artist isn't a fashion designer

You are aware that the sweater was a real fashion product before it became a fetish meme right?

I was only pretending

So after ending C (and D and E) there isn't much for me left?

Of course user how could I think otherwise.

You can do the secret bosses and get best ending Y.

What does A2's ending mean exactly ?

So is it that she sacrifices herself to save 9s and destroy the tower, thus granting her peace making it a grim but yet kind of happy ending

Personally I like ending C better the idea of **joining an Ark and blasting far away from this whole fucked up planet seems nice*

They're not human intelligences. Did you read the Jackass report? N2/Terminal/The Red Girl is the ego of the machine network after it underwent shift caused by discovering information on humanity.
The machines don't and they could care less.
No. Project YoRHa was made by androids fighting the machines in order to boost failing morale by giving the androids their original purpose back, saving humanity. Please read the reports. They're important.

Delete your post.

You're completely misinterpreting what I'm saying. The sun/the Earth's rotational speed being fucky is an established fact. I was talking about autists literally seeing things that aren't there, there is no evidence for, and that there is evidence for things contradictory to their claims. I'm mostly saying this in reference to the one or two autists in the early threads who were so adamant in their unsupported claim that the machine network created and manipulated YoRHa from the inside and from the beginning that they ignored direct canonical in game reports that proved otherwise because "literally everything in this game is a plant!", despite only one document ever being shown to be fake by another document with higher authority.

'no'
If I could edit the spoiler, I would.

In retrospect, my favorite ending is O.
The idea of 2b and 9s running away from it all to live together makes me happy.

I am still a bit confused as to what Ending D meant exactly.

Maybe the location for the safe games just changed to a different folder.

Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, they were the most human.

No, from what I see the files just are completely different. New ones are encrypted somehow, old one is plaintext with numbers and Done/Disabled.

I could never get FAR to work with ReShade even if everything was in the same directories as another user that did have it working. FAR would detect it but never loaded it. So I gave up on FAR & just use ReShade alone.

I was using the FitGirl repack, only replaced the exe and all my saves worked perfectly with the new crack.

Should I be doing this? They make out like it's really evil & you shouldn't be doing it. I want the prizes though.

Cynically speaking, that's the problem with "morality" in vidya. You wind up just telling people in the game what you think they want to hear or making decisions you think they want you to make. Usually there's no true freedom of choice as you're just going with whatever seems to be the most "good goy" approach believing it will net you the best rewards.

So just like real life? At least for most people, anyway

Same here. Except for me, the new crack suddenly wouldn't launch for some reason so I went back to the previous crack (which still works when setting CPU affinity). Saves were compatible with both.

Yeah, that's how political correctness has so much power over people because it's just not worth expressing your real opinion even if it's based on facts given that most people have been hammered with propaganda since birth thoroughly programmed to ostracize & attack anyone expressing "unapproved" views. That's why many people, here especially, "hide their power level" around normalfags as they are simply too indoctrinated to handle it. For example, Jontron learned this when he stated racial crime stats & although they were entirely factual idiots still lost their ever-loving shit over it & his voice got removed from cucka-laylee.

they're just machines user, it's okay to kill them because they're not real people, just repeating sets of information

I pirated this game and I like it enough to buy it if it'll ever stop crashing.

I was in that one thread too, couldn't get mine to work either until two days ago, turns out only the version of FAR provided with the fitgirl repack worked with Reshade, but also only with the old cracked exe.

To make my Reshade work with FAR i had to disable the Nvidia Capture Server from start up and reboot the PC, but this does not work anymore with the new crack.

Finnally got ending E.
I want to die.
Fucking moonman piece of shit couldn't even give me some closure.
Fuck.

Read all the weapon stories.

Gonna go ahead and do that.
But I'm still dissapointed at not even getting a 9S 2B reunion.
Especially since if there's ever a new year, they will be most likely long dead.

What? You did get ending E, right?

Got this shit working finally

I used the Launcher provided with the new crack called SmartSteamEmu and ran it as admin

But i lost my fucking 20 hour savefile

Yeah.
I mean, following the moonman pattern, the new story will have to do fuckall with the old characters, and they weren't even concious, all there was, was a hopeful conversation about the future by the pods.

I mistook year for game.
I don't know how I fucked up so badly.
I need some sleep.

>still don't understand anything
I haven't been this confused since End of Evangelion, but at least with Eva I had some sort of closure.

Fuck. Was I just not paying enough attention?

My mind is a complete mess right now thanks to this game. I need to replay it this summer and see if I understand any more.

Fucking gay. On top of that you get needlessly overblown guilt-tripping along the way.

Being entirely unwilling to wait until I'm retarded high level I used Cheat Engine to change my level temporarily just to get the outfit then changed back to my original level afterwards. Seriously, fuck leveling that much just for one outfit. Reminds me of those absurdly tedious flash porn games where it takes a century to get anywhere.

More screenshots, & since we're Canadian edition I included a moose.

the aliens lost and machines were the last attempt
they invaded a long time ago and emil beat them, then they sent the machines
machines
yorha are machines
red dragon fell from the sky in tokyo, failed gestalt project
nier is the 5th installment in a 5 game series, and the second installment in its own franchise
automated
to destroy the server on the moon and perpetuate machine existence
the watchers
recursive timeline where emil's mass distributed mind becomes the network which becomes the watchers who are a metaphor for the audience/creators.
machines have to be made from something - connection to drakengard
network became corrupted after adam & eve both died, who is to say connected machines weren't compromised like androids were considering they are the same?
p33/beepy

you need to read up on or play drakengard and nier

there's a sidequest featuring Emil which is a character from the first nier. hes literally the ultimate weapon and fought off the aliens singlehandedly by cloning himself for thousands of years. the Aliens created machines to fight him (which could be why all of the aliens sorta look like Emil). the Aliens failed the takeover.

Aliens took over earth, Emil drove them out, they sent out machines in response

machines

project gestalt is from the first game. to summarize there was a disease and everyone died.

the tower sends things to the moon as sort of a launcher. popola and devola are not related to the tower at all.

well, if you look at it from the perspective of machines imitating humans then it seems like they are just imitating cannibalism. think of it like a bit before you fought Adam at route a and b. remember those machines fucking even though machines don't have genitalia? well its like that. the machine network was going haywire at the time as well.

i left out questions that I don't know the answers to. I don't know how accurate this timeline is and I want you guys to call out any mistakes you see.

>weren't even conscious.
They weren't done being reassembled yet.
>all there was, was a hopeful conversation about the future by the pods.
And that was about the pods hoping that history doesn't repeat itself. There was no doubt that they'd be able to rebuild 2E, 9S, and A2 with most of their memories.

But why does he have teeth though ?

I thought there were some androids, not sure if YoRHa, up there to do routine maintenance?
Are you just running with that meme theory from about a week ago?
Actually, I thought the cannibal machines were used to "collect" resources from machines that couldn't be hacked (i.e. their wifi is off or something) during the collection phase.

Unless you believe 9S, then the only "things" the Tower attempts to send to the moon are missiles aimed at the moon server.

To clarify. Only YoRHa androids are based off of machine cores, because the regular android believed it would be inhumane to use standard AI on units ultimately destined for destruction.
To destroy the human genome on the moon server or to send the machines to deep space in an ark. Depends on whether you believe 9S or A2.
Play NieR.
Material for the Tower/launcher and Ark or missile.

To bite the metal off of other machines for resource collection?

Notice that you didn't have to play Nier to understand what was going on but you did to understand the context of

Please play the original Nier first so like a third of your mysteries can be solved. Also, play the secret bosses of Automata, I forgot if it's the first or second that gives you back story for what happened when the aliens invaded in person.

time to visit sadpanda.

You should watch this instead if you don't plan on playing DoD3.

Their design is based off emil

fuck, its "english" dub

That summary is pure cancer and I have no idea why it's getting reposted all the time.

Point stands, further interaction didn't happen on camera, and probably never will.

Fuck, I knew the game was gonna be sad, but these two things in particular really fucked me up. And after going for the best ending, crossing my fingers and hoping the "best end" would have some really happy resolution, it's not. It's barely closure. Everything is still as bad as before. The only peaceful Machine settlements have all been wiped out. The Android forces are barely capable of holding themselves together, especially with the collapse of the Bunker and Yorha. Both forces are just stuck in some perpetual war with no end in sight, with the original causes (The aliens and humans) having died long ago. Nothing is OK and is going to be OK.

My main question So was the entire Yorha project just a ploy by the machines? Were Yorha just made to pretend to be Androids and eventually disposed of? What was their purpose?

Also what was the deal with the cannibalism stuff with the Machines? I saw some people say it was from the network but I saw several Machines native to the village cannibalize, and they say in game that the machines turned on one another. I thought the village machines had all disconnected from the network.

What do I do now?

Can we appreciated the Plug-in Chip system for a minute? You can change a good deal of the gameplay with certain chip sets. I've made A2 a glass cannon, 2B a damage sponge who can heal and 9S a ranged specialist.

No, the very original intention of YoRHa is to start a large ruse that humans are alive on the moons and that the only andriods aware of this (YoRHa) all die meaning nobody can prove nor disprove that the humans are alive on the moon. This is because andriods were getting depressed that the human race was already extinct and needed a moral boost. Since all YoRHa units were destined to die, they had the black cores because "true ai would be too cruel for andriods meant to die".

They were andriods but specially built ones that had black cores, yes they were meant to all die to hide the moon plot.

wait so were humans extinct by the time the androids came around?

who created the androids then?

Humans created andriods (Popola and Devola were some of the earliest models) because humanity was dying due to illness (play fucking Nier you secondary) and someone needed to oversee the project who wasn't vulnerable to illness.

If you mean who created YoRHa specifically, other andriods because again the war effort was failing due to moral.

Shameful.

What confused me, was did the whole "Yorha was meant to be destroyed" mean that there were prior iterations of Yorha before we started playing ?

It sure seemed like it with the whole 2b is actually 2e and therefore has had to kill 9s before unless that was just related to the operation of Yorha itself and having to quench 9s's curiosity.

Also Androids were originally created to oversee the Gesalt Project, because if humans were trying to leave their bodies, somebody i.e. the Androids had to be there to clean up

Before YoRHa came into existence non-YoRHa andriods built them for the sole purpose of the moon plot. There are past generations of YoRHa units that did die though. A2 is from a failed mission the generation prior (watch the stage play).

This is true, 9S is such a damn good model that they specifically assigned 2E to kill him again and again if he finds the truth but because he is so god damn amazing they keep rebuilding him.

popola and devola were the only androids in the nier universe at the time. they were created specifically for overseeing gestalt. there was no way they could have created more androids and there was no way that they could have created project yorha either.

where did the other androids that started fighting machines come from?

and while I am on this topic, did the androids even interact with Emil at all when he fought off the aliens? why didn't they form a partnership or something of that nature?

You are objectively wrong on this and even Automata says it, they were some of the first MODELS but there were multiple of those models all over the world. Which is why you have the flashback to Popola and Devola current getting harassed out of every place they settled in due to how much other andriods hate them. You're also failing to understand that to create those two specifically the scientists must have created dozens of prototypes for the Gestalt project. While we only see Popola and Devola in Nier that does not mean that other andriods didn't exist we just never saw them.

The andriods leftover from gestalt project failing were still there and when the aliens started attacking they started researching how to make better andriods to fight them off or to at least create more of themselves. It could also be assumed that they were working after humanity extinction to revive the human race via genomes but the aliens attacking kind of interrupted that.

YoRHa pods had enough information that they could identify what magic Emil was using as "old world" so there database might have something on the guy but you have to realize the andriods probably don't know what Emil even is or that he was human at one point because he sure doesn't act like one. Hell 2B and 9S try to kill him the first time they found him because Emil is weird. I don't even think the original andriods had information on Emil's existence since he was a high grade underground military project involving torturing children,

When it happens I restart my PC and then the sound works again.

try if you haven't already.

When it happens I restart my PC and then the sound works again.

try if you haven't already.

I am wondering if the humanity ever has a chance of being revived in the future - the human genome (possibly) is being stored on the Moon server, but I am not sure if that's even remotely enough, considering the eternal struggle the machines and YoRHa are locked in (Emil's Heads weapon story tells us that the war is still raging several hundred years later, the date for Emil's entries is 12422). Kinda hard to build up an industrial complex for cloning humans from the leftover genome, teaching them all about the old human civilization, and setting up a new one. What's more, who's to say there is enough genome diversity stored to create a sustainable population? You need several thousand unique individuals to create a human population with no inbreeding.

It's canonically stated in the reports that the genome is there. So it's not a possibility for that. As per the andriods ability to revive, the war could theoretically continue until the sun dies, we just don't know. And all the other problems you list can not be confirmed nor denied but I'm pretty sure if they can put a base on the moon the andriods can do plenty of things required for a revival of genomes since they are self-teaching.

That doesn't answer the fucking question.

I emulated the Drakengard PS2 game, I never had any crashes. The gameplay is shit however and I would describe the story as interesting rather than as good. Quite frankly reading the wiki is better than playing the game.

Do the watchers have anything to do with this world, other than white chlorination from the giant woman? As far as I know Caim and the giant getting transported to our world was accidental. Was there something about the Watchers in Nier?

Once you realise this, you can't unrealise it, you just have to make the choices you want to make regardless whether or not they give you the optimum reward. You get more fun out of the game if you make the choices you want to make and live with the consequences than if you follow the game designer's morality or do whatever it takes to get the best in-game reward.

What I find interesting about the whole thing is how Nice > Correct. It doesn't matter if you are entirely right about something, if it is seen as not being nice, you are Evil. A good example of the is the Bell Curve, some people really hate it, but instead of disproving it or criticizing the data sets or the methodology used they attack the author. Ideally they should scientifically disprove it. If they could do that the truth will have settled the matter. But since the conclusions of the book are not Nice, they don't even try, its just assumed that it must be wrong, because the democratic majority says so.

Me too, I'm waiting for a stable release that includes whatever DLC/extra content might come out. If nothing else comes out who cares, but I don't want to have to buy it in pieces.

Yes, White Cholorination Syndrome was basically a forced pack, if the person accepted they turned into a mindless legion and if they didn't they died. Watchers were forcing packs on people turning them into legions while the rest of humanity was just dying from disease.

Not "just dying from the disease" . They died if they rejected the pact. Turned into salt.

Is it confirmed that it was the watchers doing it? It wasn't just like magic going haywire or a side effect of the giant or something?
If it was the watchers, it seems kind of anti-climatic that the Watchers play so small a roll in Automata.

It was confirmed that the watchers were making legions out of people but with literally everyone dead and no other fantasy races existing on earth there wasn't anything else to corrupt. I'm uncertain if the Watchers would give a shit about a planet inhabited by artificial life. Were the watchers interested in Golems from the original Drakengard as the seems to be the closest thing to reference considering how the only inteligent life on earth after humanity died is… Emil I guess? And the andriods.

Get fucked piratefag

And no crashes, I'm not stupid enough to buy a japanese PC port of a console game.

I think a lot of these unanswered plot points are a result of how Taro writes his stories. The whole backwards script-writing thing. I think the watchers not really playing a role is a result of Taro no longer caring about them and wanting to focus on the meaning of life / reason for living themes.

Already fixed it, have no crashes anymore and continued where I left off. Get fucked denuvofag.

The Bayonetta port is pretty close to perfect, the only problem is that it's somewhat hard to get into the trainings stage since the loading times are so fast.

I don't doubt the androids' ability to revive the human genome if given the opportunity. I doubt the circumstances and the viability of the whole idea. In fact, thinking about this issue long and hard has led me to some questions and remarks that, I feel, need answering in order to determine just what the fuck is going on with humanity:

1. What, exactly, are human souls in the NieR universe? This is the most crucial question, the cornerstone of the whole Gestalt project, the future of humanity, the nature of Replicants etc etc. What is the soul in this case? Is it an amalgamation of a person's nature, memories and personality? Simply a cluster of information? Or is it something more ephemeral, like a spiritual body? I would more assume it's the latter, given that the soul is what is needed to form a pact. In that case, is the soul immortal? It seems very killable in NieR, but what about before project Gestalt was initiated - did the soul of a human die when the body died? If so, how is this different from a Gestalt being killed outside of a physical body? Does the soul follow an eternal cycle of reincarnation, that somehow was interrupted by encapsulating it into a Gestalt? How do newborn children obtain a soul? What about ones that were grown or cloned in a laboratory?

Answering this first set of questions leads to the second one:

2. How come Replicants became sentient and what's more, sapient (i.e. they weren't simple animals)? Does sapience not require the presence of a soul? Or did Replicants somehow obtain brand new, fresh souls? If so, what happpened to those brand new souls when the Replicant bodies were "recycled" and new ones created to maintain the cycle of maintenance? Is the Black Scrawl the result of a conflict between a Replicant's body and a foreign soul, kinda like the body rejecting a foreign organ? On that note, why didn't every single sapient Replicant get infected by the Black Scrawl? It becomes very apparent that the disease is the result of the related Gestalt relapsing, which is the result of the Replicant gaining sentience/sapience.

3. What exactly does the merging of a Gestalt and a Replicant mean? I mean, yeah, it creates a full human being again, but in practice, does this simply mean that the human gets its memories and personality back? It's a very important thing for building up a modern civilization again, but strictly said not necessary for the survival of the human race as a species.

4. Why did the failure of Project Gestalt doom the human race to extinction? Why couldn't the androids clone people from the existing genome right away? Or simply use sperm/egg cell banks to artificially conceive new human beings? This isn't any different to what we already can do with modern technology - cloning a human is fully possible if exceedingly difficult. Even easier is artificial insemination. In the case of such action, does the cloned/artificially inseminated human obtain a brand new soul? Or does it receive a reincarnated soul from a (now depleted) pool? What even happened back when human population was just a few million, before the industrial revolution and the population exploding to our modern day billions? These are common questions posited for any kind of religion or belief in soul reincarnation.

5. Related to 4, is there even any use in the human genome data on the moon server, if 4 is false? If humans can't be born without souls, is the humanity truly fucked?

P.S. not only humans have souls, remember the Loyal Cerberus, the dog/wolf Gestalt.

Twice as shameful.
I'll wait for the remaster, thank you.

Most of that is just philosophical bullshit questions that simply won't be answered in your vidya but I'll try. Souls in Drakengard look like the first pic. It's that little glowy ball. In Drakengard people have the ability to pull these out and fuse them with other creatures to form a "pact" (Play Drakengard you filthy secondary) which makes both their lives dependent on the other. This is what Chlorination syndrome is except packs are being formed forcefully with malevolent deities instead. Considering the fact that a sapient human can take their "soul" out of their body intentionally in Drakengard verse, it's nothing like "emotional data" or "personality" or anything stupid like that. It appears that a standard human soul is, much like magic, very poorly explainable with any terms we are aware of. Closest I could say is a "will". Now, sealed Gestalts, which are not just souls, they are SEALED souls in a special form that souls usually don't take. (hence all Gestalts are not glowy orbs). This sealing process I assume also involves taking the personality of the person along since again, Gestalts aren't just standard souls, and therefore have gone through some mysterious magical process to be a thing. Also they record genetic information somehow, as replicants get their data for their construction from gestalts, do not ask me for specifics, they aren't fucking stated.
The word would be "indestructible" but sure.

Correction, Gestalts, which are specially sealed souls and not standard souls whatsoever, are very killable. Presumable because their connection to this existence is incredibly weak. If you break the seal the soul goes away.The soul doesn't "die" just like a soul doesn't die in other cases, your body does and what happens to your soul after that, whatever. A gestalt
Because a Gestalt isn't a normal soul it's a sealed soul trying to exist without it's body.
I don't believe reincarnation has ever been a canon anywhere in the Yoko Taro universe if someone wants to correct me feel free to but the answer here as far as I am aware is no.
Since reincarnation isn't a thing as far as I am aware it's hard to tell what a soul is because "magic" so there's no good answer to this question period. In fact it's not even a useful question you dumbass as it helps literally nothing else.

First off, they were always meant to be sapient, because there is a secondary underlying goal for the Gestalts. Not only is humanity dying from a disease but the one's who aren't are turning into horrifying monsters that the more you kill the more likely you are to die yourself from the disease. Gestalts, in addition to being storage units for bodies to develop a cure for WCS were also meant to fight off the legions (humans that did not die from WCS but chose to become mindless monsters) because those things were killing everyone too.
Obviously no to the first question as they were always sapient. No because then everyone after the end of Nier wouldn't have died. All the replicants died because they can't reproduce and their souls died along with Shadowlord adn the gestalts that he was keeping alive.

There I turned three sentences into one. Black scrawl is what happens when a Gestalt relapsing into a mindless beast due to faults in sealing process. With the genetic information for the Replicant gone the body degrades. There is no "conflict", the source of data for the Gestalt (which aren't normal human bodies, Gestalts can't reproduce period) is cut off and their bodies become unstable causing them to die.
Because not all of the gestalts relapsed, well, until Shadowlord dies, than all Gestalts died, then all Replicants died.
Completely and totally incorrect. The Gestalts relapsing had nothing to do with the Replicants gaining sentience, the reason they relapsed was due to the seals on the souls going bad from the process and them losing their minds (again because Gestalts are not souls they are a specially made vessel for souls using magic). This became a problem only after Replicants got tired of crazed Shades killing them because they want their bodies back.
It means having humans that are actual humans. Since Gestalts aren't humans and Replicants definitely aren't humans either. They can't reproduce, so while all the Gestalts are just a generation of humans on hold, they can't reproduce to make more humans nor can any replicants be made that aren't based off of existing gestalts.

REPLICANTS ARE NOT HUMANS. Replicants can not reproduce, Replicants don't have souls, Replicants had to have the specific lacking of a soul to fight legions without dying in the process. Replicants are magic vessels meant to help store the physical information for human souls to reattach to and gain bodies.
It's incredibly important since it's the difference between reviving the last generations of humans that got wiped out and having to start humanity from scratch with test tubes.
Because not only was WCS killing people war was being fought with Legions at the exact same time.
You mean revive them when the thing killing everyone wasn't gone yet? So revive humans so they can be immediately killed/converted to legions again? And then after that, revive them so aliens can kill them? Or after that, where you can revive them so that Machines can kill them? We didn't even develop a cure for the WCS at the end of Nier and the andriods lost all of their research material when Project Gestalt went up in flames. Then aliens. Then machines. The andriods have their hands full.

They could literally right now or at anytime if it weren't an incredibly bad time to bring humans back when things are trying to constantly kill them always.)
You're the one who pulled soul reincarnation out of your ass when it's never been mentioned anywhere in the games to my knowledge so I don't have to answer them as it isn't related and will never fucking be stated.
There's no reason to think they can't, humans in Nier were able to have high functioning andriods before or at least shortly after WCS started. To assume they weren't already doing the things you describe you would need it specifically stated somewhere they couldn't. But as far as artificial semination, they probably did it, and those humans got infected by WCS too. So no, test tube babies do have souls. Why? Because literally magic you faggot.

How did you port your save?

Read the weapon stories user.
You do know this a Yoko Taro game right?

It's not much different from a max carry weight equipment system and Taro barely did anything interesting with OS chip. I was overall disappointed by after having played the demo.

I believe the soul is made up of memories/consciousness. This is why NieR can sacrifice memories and himself in order to form a pact to save Kaine. Since Replicants inevitably gain consciousness and new memories, they grow a soul. The implication of this is that, yes, humans are born without souls and grow them as their memories grow. I believe a lack of understanding of what constitutes these "souls" played a part in the failure of the gestalt project. A clump of memories/consciousness cannot maintain itself without a physical body to contain it, and thus the gestalts were destined to relapse. Somebody correct me if I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I can run most of Bayo on mid tier settings on a laptop that's significantly below the minimum specs. The port is great.

It kind of is - it's important to the question of revival of the human race.
nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Project Gestalt Report 10
So replicants are sterile artificial human bodies. Alright. But what prevented the androids from extracting the genetic information from the gestalts and creating fully functional humans? NOTE: at the time of the events of NieR, maso has long since dissipated. Noir's willingness to merge with Weiss (hence completing Project Gestalt) proves that either Noir is a dumbass who doesn't remember about maso, or the time is right.
Yeah, the original explanation is that, but I started questioning it after I started questioning the sapience of Replicants (who were not meant to be sapient).
Alright, yeah, that makes sense.
I might have phrased it badly, and you are right, a technological error in the Gestalt process causes the relapse. But the results of the relapse are BOTH gestalts going apeshit and Replicants becoming sentient. They are two symptoms with the same cause.
Better start from scratch in tubes than go extinct.
Project Gestalt officially failed hundreds of years after the Legion died out.
By 3288, all traces of Maso were gone. That is when Project Gestalt supposedly entered the next phase. Project Gestalt failed in 3366. The aliens arrived in 5012. That's about 1600 years of time in order to revive the human race. One and a half millenia.
The things that posed a threat to humans were gestalts around that time. And even replicants, with their melee weapons, could deal with them for the most time. In fact, the only time they got truly fucked was when gestalt nier organized a whole army at once - which is impossible with his death. As good a time as any to revive human race.

Oh, I should correct "hundreds of years after the Legion died out" to "about a century".

Relapse cases have been recorded as early as 2045 while the memo stating that the Replicants have been gain a "sense of self" (which I don't see the original Japanese so I'm uncertain if sense of self means they have a sense of self different from the original, or if they gained sapience, which are two very different things) don't start until 2764. They are two different things.

I don't know where you pulled 5012 out of because humanity genetic information was sent to the moon around 4200 according to nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/[Top Secret] Project YoRHa
this means that the andriods were losing morale starting at LEAST in the 4200s which is possible because the remaining replicants had huge lifespans even if they had to be remade once in a while. According to this report the androids were losing morale after humanity had officially gone extinct in all forms (gestalt, replicant, otherwise) which doesn't make sense that people were worried that troops were losing morale if the war didn't start for another 1000 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=XfZJNxxY1go#t=9m40s

I know this is a propaganda piece for YoRHa, but this only tells us of the alien incursion, which I have no reason to doubt.

The human server was created before the aliens invaded. The Commander also states to 9S when he discovers the truth, that humans have been extinct for several centuries before the aliens came to Earth.

You have plenty of reason to doubt humanties end came 4200 according to S-Level documents that only Commander and above can see. She only states it was before the aliens attacked, she gives no timeframe and she just states they were dead before. youtu.be/bLye5K_wIOs?t=11370 And it makes no sense to worry about moral in a war that took place a thousand years later when there's no reason to believe a YoRHa propoganda piece over an S-level document.

It never said in the document that the loss of morale was in a war time. The androids that were built originally were meant to sustain Project Gestalt. After its failure, they lost purpose in their existence.

This also confounds Emil who screams about the fact he was fighting (presumably aliens) as his "friends died around him time and time again". So he isn't referencing Nier as no one actually died in Ending D except Nier who was wiped from history, Automata is strictly after ending D not E and what was Emil fighting about watching his friends get killed by in a war like scenario that WASN'T fighting aliens?

Oh wait I think, the king of Facade and his little group died but um, Emil talked to that guy for only one day.

I assumed he talked about his copies, which had the exact same personality and personally befriended one another. Or maybe they were androids, the old models, pre-war ones. Regardless, hundreds of years have passed between NieR 1's events and the aliens.

nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/[Top Secret] Project YoRHa
>he news of humanity's extinction was meant to be a closely guarded secret, but rumors of the event eventually began to leak out. Having lost the one thing which they were programmed to protect, android morale began a precipitous decline.
Morale did not have to go down in the 4200s. It likely wasn't even a major issue until the machine wars had gone on for sometime.

See for the timeline. The space wars between the ayys and Emil in the 5000s have been an established since before Automata even came out.

does her ass get smaller in the other costumes?

It's not smaller. The black dress emphasizes her rear.

Now that I've completed ending A do I have to do all the quests again as 9S or can I just skip any side quest I already did?

Play the fucking game and find out you retard.

I don't want to do the same shit again if I don't have to you retard.

Play the game and you'd fucking know.

What?
If you mean I used incorrect terminology, it was because I couldn't remember the on camera equivalent for games.

Most of the events in his stories are told through implication or non-game supplementary material.

Okay, so there are some of the same quests, but also some new quests that I have not seen before.

I'm being thanked for quests that I, chronologically, could not have possibly done yet such as finding this machine's sister in the desert as I have only just arrived in the Machine Village. Are there going to be more inconsistencies like this? I had a feeling things like this would happen.

The game wasn't hitting me with the feels, but that moment hit hard. I had to go with killing him to end his pain. Resetting his memories is like the suicide Anemone faced and simply is the wrong decision to me. You have to take the good and bad in life, all the way to bitter end.

Why then didn't you let him live with the guilt?

You mean I could have walked away? Shit, didn't think of that. He would have got himself killed regardless, so I just did it there and then

those posts are 4 days old, and you're still a retard who doesn't own any games thanks to the jewish man in washington

Wiping memories is the best course of action. It even cures his communism.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
IT'S 21O
O FOR OPERATOR
WHY IS EVERYONE SUCH A DUMB FUCK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Once you've completed a side quest, it's done forever, no matter what playthrough you're on.
Also, route B is basically the same as route A, but from 9S's perspective–though there are some important differences near the end, when 9S and 2B get separated. Stick with it; C is much, much better, and is basically the second half of the story–there's no repeated content there.

Yeah, you can walk away. He will ask you how could you leave him like that and then he disappears for the rest of the game, his fate left unknown. It's quite heartbreaking.

>fate unknown
Check the bottom of the canyon

I will. Thanks for the tip.

Whats your fucking point?
This isn't a fucking IM or cuckchan
My HDD full of pirated games will survive longer than your PissPoor which you will play just as much as your PS3.
I guess I don't own all the Roms and ISOs I've downloaded as well.

Brother Nier > Father Nier

Brother Nier's backstory makes more sense, and his interactions with Kaine are also more relatable, but Papa Nier's father-daughter relationship is more relatable than the brother-sister one (although the slight incest undertones are definitely a plus in the latter). Plus, brother Nier's timeskip appearance is better. So yeah, brother Nier is better, but dad Nier also has merits.

brother Nier is canon while Papa Nier is marketing decision

Pascal stops being a fag and fights honorably to protect those he cares about, he deserved a clean death

wat

It's really annoying that you do not mount this machine like you mount the animals thus making dismounting impossible. The machine must be self-destructed just to dismount..

Is this DLC? I thought people were memeing when they said you can ride the robo moose?

You have to Hack, Subjugate, & then jump on top of it. At first I was hitting B to mount it like anything else. It makes no sense that they didn't make it like the other mounts.

Can you ride the dragon?

I doubt it. Also, remote controlling the dragon was disappointing as fuck.

you mean this?

How the hell do I do Ending E? Pretty fucking clever, Square, locking an ending behind always online DRM.

Get a trainer or use cheatengine, or even easier, just watch the ending on youtube.

I'd really prefer to not doing that. It sucks that I'm also really bad at the hacking sections as well.

Accepting help is like cheating too, if you're going to be a faggot, at least be a consistent faggot.

Just get good, it wasn't hard for me.

buy the game or just fuck off to the drm thread I guess

Grinding for materials to upgrade weapons is a pain in the ass.

I really want to see what the secret boss fight plays like, but this is pure pain.

Music’s pretty great. I just wish Weight of the World wasn’t sung by a nigger.

You can buy everything you need for the weapons.
The pods on the other hand …

They probably spent half of their budget on that doll destruction montage

you can buy most of them in shops, depends on what part of story you are

also Legion vs rest of humans game never ever

Is that that video which was released alongside the game? I already watched it.

Accepting is not cheating, the game wants you to accept help, since it goes with the game's theme. Not accepting it hinders the impact and meaningfulness of the ending.

what's wrong with that?

Just beat the game, up to ending E. What a load of bullshit, it's just a few "thank you" messages: I expected some motherfucking resolutive video.

I'm glad I savescummed and didn't lose no saves for this.

Alright, already finished all major endings except E. I'll look up where I get get the materials.

I think I have all the upgrade parts for the Pods,but the resources are a whole other ballpark. I think I only did ONE upgrade the entire playthrough with 80%+ side quest completion.

Get out.

Not worth it, you're not missing anything. Watch it on youtube, it's 2 mins of pods talking with no real resolution.

stay mad.

Who thought this was a good idea?

I threw in the towel and did that. Totally not worth the effort. To be honest, I felt Ending C was a letdown as well. Wrapped things up too short. Overall, I enjoyed the game but it went out with whimper, not a bang. Maybe my fault for getting hyped up a little too much.

The ending was a whimper, but the meta of the ending blew me the fuck out.

I am satisfied with Ending C + E. The veteran completes the mission and the 2 young heroes get to live.

At some point, I thought for sure that the unlimited clones used to fight the aliens had actually become the machines. They do look like mechanical Emils.

It would have been more logical to say that they did, but those were wiped out by the aliens.

I don't get why Yorha has to be destroyed whenever they're about to win. Are the machines secretly pulling the strings, or are androids run by some retarded secret authority? The terminal was saying yorha is a good stimulant to keep evolving, , but they still felt pretty antagonistic like they were actually 2 warring factions.

That DLC was disappointing as fuck. Are there going to be another other DLCs or is that it?

No one, because they weren't fucking thinking. The enemies are also all so shit that there's hardly any incentive to do this.

The aliens likely based the design on Emil after they lost to him

PROTIP:

buy them from emil - he changes his stock based on what area he's patrolling.

I want to reply to this to add some discussion to the mix:

We the Androids as well as Eve infected by the watcher's plague? Their eyes turned red. They are machines but The Mother's disease is just that, a disease that interacts with the consciousness of intelligent beings. Machines are not alive they do not have a brain or soul they act on learning on top of programming.

Why did Eve and 9S's eyes turn red and they started doing illogical things?

Secondly, do people say 9S is the main character because so late in the game it is revealed 2B exists only to kill him making her a plot device and not a character?

Pure water is not sold in the game user. It's the only farming material that isn't.

People say he's the main character because you use him the most, which is unfortunate from a gameplay perspective as he has the worst moveset. 2B gets all of route A. A2 gets half of route C. 9S gets all of route B and half of route C.

Reported. Kill yourself, coalburner.

Well that's no way to judge who is an who isn't the main. I would like to add A2 is the best written of characters because the amount of change she goes through and how much self discovery she has emotions with. 9S is just muh 2B/06 99% of the game until the one instance he feels bad for Pascal after A2 deletes his memories.

Completed ending B. Now I can finally play as A2 & look at the Destroyer outfit. It looks neat, but doesn't really accentuate the ass much at all, rather it instead accentuates the crotch.

>tfw couldn't remember everyone whose PSN IDs appeared in Ending E

Who's being fed tomatoes here?

>tfw it wasn't even the last fight
I almost drank bleach before coming to terms with the fact that maybe, just fucking MAYBE I don't have to fight him at that very moment in time.

Also, killER*, not killING.

Well hey, it's the current year!

Isn't the actual purpose, to send an ark of machines into space to colonize other worlds?

You can find in for sale under both names, but the original name was killING.

Depends on whether you believe A2 or not.

Source? Asking for my dad.

but you won't get that great angle ( ° ʖ °)

My dad said to give his thanks.

It's enough that I can't get off to art and sfms of 2b for emotional reasons, but this is even worse.

Look at this plebeian.

Mother fuckers. That switch up got me good. They put the "Yes" where the "No" was. Either way the game was satisfying as fuck. Some of those messages you can leave for people are quite funny. I love games who show that a lot of care and effort went into them and this game has that in abundance.
Too bad PS4 automatically saves you stuff to a Cloud so I got all my saves back automatically :^)
Now if I could just figure out how to get screenshots off this piece of shit system, fucking thing is worse than Windows 98.
There was a few funny messages I got screenshots of and wanted to post, oh well.

Use a flash drive.

Either an usb stick or upload it to twitter/facebook. In the latter case you can set them as invisible and then delete them after saving.

Heard there is before-automata and after E-ending books and play? where can I find these in text form and in english?