What were some games that had a badly implemented or subpar feature that actually made the game better...

What were some games that had a badly implemented or subpar feature that actually made the game better. GTA IV for the driving and Starcraft for the limited unit selection come to mind.

Ask Meleefags, they love playing that clunky turd over more polished sequels with more and better content.

But GTAIV's driving was the one thing that kept it from being a great game

Why do people hate IVs driving again? I thought not being able to do a 90 degree turn going 100 mph was good. The blur was shit though.

If you really wanna a see a game with bad driving, try playing Payday 2.

IV's driving required skill and is infinitely more deep than what you got in other GTAs, it was shitty at first but each car had its own unique body physics and different handling and if you toughed through it you appreciated it. This was also extremely helpful in the multiplayer, helping your friends outrunning helicopters and shit.

Yeah wow, how fun
As we all know we all play GTA for its realism, that's why you can only get shot once and then die.
Or why piloting helicopters and airplanes is hard as fuck.

Demolishing a building with just a carpenter's hammer takes more skill than being able to use anything you want, but that doesn't make it better.

Driving fast in IV isn't hard and is still not that realistic.

say that to my face and not online see what happens

You don't have to be a bitch.
The driving wasn't good just for the "realism" (have you ever driven a car) it was good because it was varied and deep, it was rough around the edges and was sluggish but I'd take it any day over GTA V's universal go-kart physics.
What fucking game did you play, piloting helicopters in IV was easy as balls and you didn't die in one shot in GTA IV, there weren't even any airplanes in GTA IV.

Quads confirmed.

Look at this fag.

What the fuck does this mean
Are you people all mental?

it means my depth was varied in ur mum last nite. m8

gotem

It means the mechanics that were implemented in the game for it had enough subtleties and facets to keep it interesting.

All the cars controlled like shit user. There was no subtelty and the fact that all the cars felt bad to drive is a direct proof that they were not in fact well implemented or interesting.

You know it to be true, Bayonetta is the best character to ever hit Smash by the way.

I don't give a fuck about smash but
like you've never played fightan before

REEEEEEEEE

They are both grabs

"different attacks have different hitboxes"
yes. and the gif shows how unbalanced the game is considering that. there is no balacing with risk/reward taken into consideration. one character has a good grab the other has an useless one.

but the character isn't the same, is it?

Except Marth's hand visibly does not touch Yoshi at all, while Yoshi's tongue comes close enough to Marth that it would make sense for that grab to connect, especially considering how much slower Yoshi's grab is.

It doesn't change that the game has a huge lack of balance, most meleefags only care about muh fox anyways so it's not like they actually play anything beyond that.

in rainbow six siege you are not given the objective location or identity of enemy operators until you find them yourself using a drone or encounter them. I am convinced this is a fluke that made the game fun

but it's just one move, I don't have any idea about the whole movesets of both of the characters to judge which one is better or worse
also, tier lists exist for every game, some characters are just worse than others

Nigger come on

it's like that for balance reasons

Dear god you've just triggered me.

Maybe you're the one who drives like shit.

Watch Dog's driving required skill and is infinitely more deep than what you got in other GTA clones, it was shitty at first but each car had its own unique body physics and different handling and if you toughed through it you appreciated it. This was also extremely helpful in the multiplayer, helping your friends outrunning hackers and shit.

So it's shit then.

He's making fun of

GTA4 driving was fine

It wasn't.

It was, you scrub.

I know what everyone's problem with GTA4 driving is, you idiots floored the accelerator the instant you got into the car and never let it go when turning, you probably also tried to make the car turn all the way without being progressive with the input, if you did things properly, let go the gas before entering the corner, and turn the analog stick "slowly", without forcing the car to make an impossible turn, you faggots should learn about racing lines before trying to go fast.

filthy pedestrian detected

Totally the same thing.
Learn to drive fast before trying to.

If I want to play a realistic racing game or a simulator I'll play one of those
But I'm not autistic so I most likely won't

Are you retarded?

are you the biggest casual on Holla Forums

Arcadebabby detected, just because you have to put a little more effort into driving than in most other games doesn't make it bad, you fucking casual.

I don't really care, IV's driving still isn't fun nor good

Are you fucking dumb, you indicate on approach allowing people ample time to know where you're going.

Do you think that a casuals opinion matters here?
Go get your hand held while driving in GTA5.

I'll go play Vice City and San Andreas, you know, actually mechanically solid games where tech wasn't wasted to make amazing fistfights in a game where you exclusively shoot guns

that must be why it's called grand theft gunfight.

shooting in IV was actually great too

I honestly use Control Groups more often ever since I played the original Starcraft.

Shooting in IV is the same as any other game apart from rockets that were actually improved.

Are you implying you don't shoot in GTA?
This is some next level trashposting

I will wipe my ASS with you in melee, kid.

but the people you shoot behave much better, you can disarm them by shooting in their hands, things like that

Shooting guns in a game ≠ Exclusively shooting guns in a game, in Call of Duty, you exclusively shoot guns, in GTA, theres other shit to do. You also mentioned other two GTAs where you don't have to put a drop of thought on controlling the cars.

damn

We were discussing how you have to put the slightest effort on driving cars on 4, and you keep demonstrating that you are too much of a casual to do so while you blame the game for your shittynes.
Now stop trying to put words where they aren't and shut the fuck up.

San Andreas had the most fun driving.

No, we were discussing how the driving in 4 is shit. I don't care if you have to put effort into it or not, the way it is just is not fun.
I don't know what you're trying to prove by saying that you have to apply yourself for this crucial mechanic to not be incredibly annoying, because that's exactly why driving in 4 is shit.

A game or a mechanic being hard to master does not make it automatically fun, you absolute retard. You're just repeating shit you've heard on Holla Forums, you've got no clue what you're talking about.

It isn't shit, you're shit at it, it also doesn't require much effort, the game isn't asking you to be able to do a sub 7 minute lap on a rainy Nordschleife, and it isn't hard to master, if you stopped whining for a second and took 5 minutes to learn the quirks of the driving you would start having fun with it, but nah, that's too much, you only want to shoot people.

This isn't a character action game user. Quirks in a mostly physical based mechanic are called flaws.
The fact that you have to lower your fun to make up for a mechanic that is clunky is a failure on the part of the designer/programmer.

It's like asking someone to read the bible in full before enjoying religion. It's really fucking stupid.

that's a good argument right there

I don't argue with stupid people, I leave that to others

this reads a lot like
weird

Oh god, I sincerely hope this is some insane ironic humor because it is fucking gold.

Realistic or not, it still has much more depth than many games out there. Probably the only flaw is the suspension being a bit too soft.

And the stability control on every cqar killing drifts.
Other than that, it's fine.

WEW.

You could drift in IV but it was pretty hard to do but the Futo did it easily.

You couldn't just hit the handbrake once and use the power to make the car keep going sideways, that's no bueno.

Goddamn, if this isn't a shitpost then nothing is.

literally autistic.

The ironic part about Payday 2's driving is that the game is built on a racing game engine.

literally autistic

I enjoyed the GTA IV car physics. It's not fucking simulataion but it's something that GTA clones never get right. Everything, from the driving to the gunfights and even melee brawls, had a weightiness to them. It may have been excessive, and done just to show off Euphoria physics, but were far more fun than the alternative. It was fun watching every punch have a windup and every gunshot make a guy collapse into a heap. I spent days just fighting people on the street without using the dodge-counter (i.e. the "I win button") but instead using footwork and feeling the momentum as you closed in or ran back.

You really felt the difference between shitboxes and high-performance cars in IV, and it was more than just acceleration/top speed. It was legitimately entertaining to feel a car out (not just the sports cars) and see how fast you could hit a turn, and what amount of (hand)brake you'd need to do so. You had to plan out turns ahead of time and that really made the normally mundane parts of the game really satisfying.

Why bother with driving at all? Might as well make cars turn like fucking Pac-man.

>all in under 90 seconds

They needed to upgrade the police car AI though. 1v1 cop chase is too easy and cops only rely on excessive spawning. The only game with both challenging and fair cop AI is Driver: You Are The Wheelman.

I'm probably the only person who enjoyed Car Shop.

That's not even mentioning that you have to do all of this on some of the worst driving controls of the past ten years.
If you hit fucking ANYTHING you stop and the steering takes two hours to go 90 degrees.

It was easily one of the hardest heists in the game for awhile, so I can see why veterans craving a challenge might have liked it.

Is multi dead for IV? I used to have a great time being a driver.

You're an absolute NPC.

You'll get occasional Poles, Turks, and Russians but it's pretty dead.

I enjoy how everyone who hates the driving in gta4 are fucking shit drivers. Really makes me think.

Moonbase Alpha

This sort of hyperbole really just makes GTAIV fanboys sound irrational.

Are you implying arcadey driving is bad, V was arcadey but was pseudo-realistic making it fucking boring, there is absolutely nothing wrong with III's.

I always found Payday 2's stealth to be really satisfying, Shadow Raid and Framing Frame are easily my favorite heists in the game. Most of it's problems come from the shitty netcode rather than any of the gameplay mechanics, so if you're playing solo or with someone who has decent internet a lot of the bullshit it's notorious for is gone.

I'm also really good at games with shitty car handling for whatever reason.

Literally git gud
GTA IV needed you to apply just a bit of real world thinking with "traditional" GTA handling
IV had one of the best handling in all of the games thanks to that
You just need to
git
FUCKING
GOOD

Did you even read all of my posts you double nigger?

I did and it sounds like you seriously need pic related faggot
I can shit out a detailed response if you really want to

You obviously didn't because 50% of this thread is me telling the diot to git gud, I even told him how to.

Because you would need a wheel as a controller input that feedbacks the road vibration at high speed, also a hard/medium/soft steering wheel control, basically meaning you wouldn't be able to play with a controller.

No one can be that stupid, I knew that shit when six

True, compare it to saints row which everything feels like zero G gravity

Have you tried not driving shitboxes and letting the accelerator go before turning in?

meant for

I quoted you twice, nigger unless Holla Forums changed your ID because it does this lately for some reason
the whole thing is you saying "uhh the driving is not good you have to drive slow" which literally sounds like you need to acquire skill asap before you kill yourself with your inaptitude my man

The top speed in all gta games is absurdly low, but since you're in a crowded city, you barely ever reach the actual top speed of cars unless you drive shitboxes.
you ever tried doing hard steering implements when you're going fast irl, you nigger?
Call me from the hospital when you do.
And my 106 can steer even better than your echo what's the point?
I never said the game was entirely realistic
Yes, because thinking "hey I might need to slow down and apply throttle so I oversteer controllably and take that turn in the most efficient and quick way as possible" will be useful in the actual game
whereas in gta V the only vehicles that are some kind of bad in handling are fucking semi trucks

people are that retarded tho

Those two posts you quoted me are me bitching about the omnipresent electronic nanny on the cars, killing your power when the car goes sideways, not that "uuhh you the driving is not good, you have to drive slow".

what the fuck are you talking about?
I could at least powerslide the majority of RWD cars, if not entirely drift altogether a good chunk of them.

What I'm saying is that when I'm taking the highway and going at 120km/h in bright sunny skies weather, I can somehow change lanes without entering drifting mode and without letting go of the pedal.

you can do the same thing in IV.
Again, do the same thing as you do irl:
steer progressively and not all of a sudden.

Nobody understood the sarcasm here

Have you tried to keep it going?
The engine dies.

Never had this happen.
What car did you try it with?

Dont forget in GTA all the cars are significantly slower top speed wise than real world cars.
They go just over half as fast.

So a super car that can do over 200mph in real life wouldnt break 150 in gta.
So when your doing 100MPH you are much closer to the cars limit than in real life which may explain the handling.

I fucked with the files and the way everything is scaled is weird.
a blista compact weights 1450kg while a CRX weights barely 9xx kg.

Every one of them, try linking these two turns, if there was no e-nanny, you should be able to do it easily, but you're going to slow down to a crawl after the first turn

Brawl had more glitches and exploits than Melee, and had worse balance.

Literally a non-argument. I like how Holla Forums says AAA modern military shooters are bad, then changes allegiance and says shitty realistic driving controls are good because everybody says they're shit

Fuck off Polygon, learn how to play doom.

Maybe if I learn how to drive the Infernus, I can outrun the demons and shit

It's probably that, since they did half realistic handling then botched on the speed both pro-realism and anti-realism have a point, in that "it's realistic if you close your eyes" but then "cars go as fast and handle just like boats".

Maybe if you werent such a casual fuck that can't wrap their mind around "realistic-ish" because it doesn't even come close to realistic driving mechanisms, you could.

That's the fucking problem. It's not realistic, yet it's not fun ==AT ALL.== Skill has nothing to do with shitty driving mechanics, stop saying that just because you have no arguments.

Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

Wow great argument gaytron you sure convinced me with those spicy opinions :^)

That's even less of an argument.

That's even less of an argument than any of your previous arguments.

Stop being shitter shattered because somebody said that you were bad at a videogame, go play saints row where the cars have absolutely no weight and driving is as enjoyable as watching paint dry.

That describes GTA IV well though

Difinitely retarded.
Into the filter it goes.

Nobody cares kiddo

You do.
Filtered.

Get the fuck outta here snowflake.

Shut the fuck up you casual ass cuntboy.

>>>/reddit/

They couldn't git gud. 4 had the most fun driving in the series

GTA 5 with sliding cars cheat gets an honorable mention
It should have been that way from the beginning, though.

Togheter with the shooting, story, map, shitty port. things that make a game good like gameplay were shit, togheter with thinks that only matter for good games like the story and whatnot were also shit.
It was a shit game all along.
Fuck it you just reminded me gta 4 was nearly 10 years algo and now we have newfags who grew up with it and think it's an example of a good game.

Also i'm just going to assume whoever says gta 4 has realistic car physics has never been inside a car, much less in the driver seat.

Yure gramar sucs

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it a bad game.
For example, Total War games aren't my thing, but I don't go around saying that they are shit games.

It's a cover shooter with shitty car physics.
It's not "bad because It's not my thing", it's just bad.

Things are not bad "just because" dumbshit, try forming some actual arguments next time.

Alright faggot name one cover shooter with shitty car physics that's good.

Dwarf fortress. I still miss times when fat melted from bodies after any contact with water. Or truly immortal undead. Bugs and weird shit make a great stories.
Is it 1nd game mentioned after gta?

It's obvious that you don't like cover shooters, what's the point?

Carpal tunnel is fun.

So you're no longer attacked by zombies, followed by zombie arms and legs, followed by zombie hands and feet, followed by zombie fingers and toes; they just stop reanimating at some point? You used to need to completely eviscerate them using a drawbridge.

I mean super zombies that could not be killed by any means at all. Magma, rocks, magma+water, smashing, weapons, nothing could kill them. I think I tried everything and it was really entertaining. Regular undead works as before.

That's not even DF in that pic.

I dont see why that would be a problem, I dont need both a wheel and a controller to play other driving games.

I'll bet you were also one of those faggots who couldn't into drifting, so you had to get a mod to do it for you.

Off yourself, kike.