Persona General: Kawakami Edition

Discuss anything Persona related.
Romhack links for SMT and Persona 2
romhacking.net/translations/2616/
romhacking.net/translations/1249/
romhacking.net/games/2547/
Also that moron Connor is still trying his best to shill that P5's Localization is bad archive.is/Z2sr3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SKje-V2TRVo
twitter.com/decodomo/status/862128124594503680
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop shitting up /wooo/

u wot m8

Patrician taste, my man. I really do want to fuck Rebecca and Kawakami

I want to give Makoto a head pet when she's scared

Anyone got the original text of the second picture?

I was going ask that too.

only retards and normalfags play with the default western audio

Into the ovens with you, shlomo!

ARGHHH!!!! NO NO NO, FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. CANNOT UNSEE. CANNOT UNSEEE!!!!!!

With Jews you lose!

Oh nice! I was wondering when someone would make that edit.

Finally.
Thank you user.
He was needed after seeing him rub his hands together in that boss fight.

Honestly. I'd tap that. Isn't she banging a black dude right now, though?

go back to Holla Forums
and stay there

you need to leave

Fuck off niggers. I've always been Holla Forums and Holla Forums.
And a little bit of /monster/

This

I'd fuck the whole Jojo Cast too. Those fucking lips. I'd fuck Igor as well.
Fuck, know what? I'd fuck everyone in this thread RIGHT NOW.
At the exact same time.

L I K E P O T T E R Y
I
K
E

P
O
T
T
E
R
Y

The BEST version!

That's not her va though.

tip top kek
[spoiler]Pathetic, really.[spoiler]

huh?

two people jacking off rebecca sugar?
thread already fucked

Nigger, I just said Rebecca Sugar wasn't her VA to someone who thought she was Kawakami's english va.

my bad, i took it as you were trying to defend dub over sub.

Alright lets do this.
Post your favorite track in the OST.

I don't think the dub is that bad. If someone wants a sub or dub it's they're choice. I think Michelle Ruff did fine with her imo.

youtu.be/SKje-V2TRVo
I also liked the piano rendition of this.

The actors provided a fairly lackluster performance. The only one i could give some credit to would be Jamieson, but he is kind of a one character voice. Probably a mix of bad acting and poor direction from whatever recording group fatlus usa hired for the game.

I thought the dub was alright. makoto was better in english

no

Disgusting.

Too bad Holla Forums lost it's quality. Right after that PGA incident, and the sudden influx of cuckchan fags.

And you like watching anime dubbed because reading is hard. Have you listened to sub makoto? blows asuna out of the water. The twins/igor dubbed should be enough to drive you straight to the sub. Unless you enjoy poor acting?

Muh nigga
I thought she was adorable when they went into Sojiro's house and when you're with her at the school festival

Ive listened to both. I honestly prefer english makoto. But just about all the main characters VAs are good enough. The random peoples va's make me want to kill myself.

All anime randoms cheese it up for some damb reason. Hell, they even do that shit in western animation.

No, it was more the obvious black actors playing asians. I expect a completely different voice coming out of these people.

Oh yeah! Fuck that shit. You're right it was soooo damn obvious with that shit.

You aren't understanding Makoto's character, despite your shittalking of how she is your best girl. She is written to be a somewhat sheltered girl who, through mc and the plot, finds her purpose and goals. You can hear her tone generally change after her dungeon, and late game. English makoto is the same, bitchy, nasally valley girl all the way through. I understand that american acting doesnt usually take that into account, but subtle character traits like that are important on a game that prides itself on character development within the main party. You can safely admit it was a subpar dub, all persona dubs have been.

i have stockholm syndrome for persona english dubs

Why
Fucking
LIVE
?
also, stop taking the bait

Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery, user. Now go and Play persona 2 subbed: IS on PS1 with translation patch, then EP on PSP. If you are having problems with anime, just go watch classics from the 70's-80's. Almost all of those are subbed by this point, and show good quality anime before the yakoozies took over the entertainment biz.

just stop user

Ive already played p2, and i dont watch anime at all. Hell, most jap games i play dont really have voice acting at all. or theyre arcade games with hilariously bad voice acting. I dont know how they did it, but HOTD2 has my most favorite acting of all time.

I never got this part.

you arent fooling anyone.

Acceptable, i pray you dont watch talmudvision in lieu, though.
good man, but i never am one to replay acrade shooters a lot. Most of my arcade experience growing up was beat em ups, fightan, and racing games. The only shooting/light gun cabinets were at the local theater.

The only reason i have a tv is to hook up my consoles.
hotd2 was released on dreamcast. Ive been playing it. It is maybe a bit hard to play on controller.

Any other encounters like these?
I only did a few.
>Makoto with Larry

so youre a masochist, huh?
The only acceptable input for light gun games is numpad, but a lot of games stopped using a 3x3 grid for shot registration overtly.

The other arcade game with hilariously bad voice acting is zombie revenge. Fucking awesome game but i burst into laughing every cutscene. "what is going on (slight pause) HERE"

Yea I noticed that too it was a nice touch.

Kawakami is too beautiful and Rebecca the kike is too damn fugly for you to ruin it for me.

Nice try sucka

Am I the only one that doesn't like Makoto? Her design looks nice, and I like her motorcycle persona. However, she's completely shallow, and feels like a half character. She went from being the bitch that was blackmailing the party to "our awesome new member" as I think Ryuiji put it way too fast. For the bank palace she really didn't help. She ruined MC's investigation by disrupting his talks with Kaneshiro's goons, and she ended up putting the party in trouble by dragging them into a premature confrontation with the enemy boss. Meanwhile, all the party could do was praise her for how intelligent, strong, and awesome she was. Her socials link was one of the least interesting It wasn't even really about her, and at rank 10 she loses her most interesting feature, the motorcycle persona., and it had some of the highest requirements. You had to meet an intelligence level to begin talking with her just to remind you she's so fucking smart, and later you need maxed out charm to continue. Combat-wise she was pretty weak until endgame where she gets marakukaja and decent healing. The character just seems forced. I think it was probably one of the writer's waifus, and he filtered out any criticisms of her in the dialogue.

So can I tell all the shit main characters to fuck off yet or are these games still unplayable?

wait a second… the only way to get almighty boost and amp is through network fusion? thats some shit

I think I have a problem, im playing NG+ and I immediately want to go after Kawakami again even when I said to myself that I would choose a different girl.
She's just too good for this world and I can't seem to choose anybody else.

No, but don't say that as she's for some reason attracted the largest following of autism I've seen since that one guy posted NO MARIE NO BUY for basically every persona thread.
But not to worry no marie user, if you're reading this, P5C is going to probably introduce another character just as bad

Honestly, she falls into my most despised character trope in all of gaming - the normalfag's understanding of a shy person. She's the prototypical "oh I'm so socially anxious but if I try hard enough and believe in myself, I can be the life of the party!"

Then again, I suppose that having a character that doesn't want to be friends with you, or refuses to, would be counteractive to the entire point of the game.

For my first playthrough I was planning on romancing her because I thought it seems like she is the one the developers wanted the protag to go with, then I saw that I needed full charm to continue her ranks. At this rate I'll just romance one of the christmas cakes or Futaba.

When do you learn network fusion?

im not sure but network fusion is bullshit from what i have heard. its basically 100% rng that no one really has any clue how it works except atlus

We already went through this. She already apologized for that and MC has already been through that situation where his record was on the line Kamoshida and Madarame.

I probably started her story too late to be able to spend time with her in Hawaii. Guess I'm gonna lose my Confidant virginity to Toranosuke.
Overall, I'm starting to get Confidant panic - Makoto, Yusuke, Ryuji and Tae all hit a Attribute wall, can't start Futaba and GET SMOKED!, just started Iwai (I compared him with Kiryu in the last bread but I didn't think they'd be this similar) and, meanwhile, Igor is already rank 8.

Meanwhile, even if Morgana was being a pain in the ass, all the cat-bullying ever since Futaba came in, isn't sitting all that well with me. I liked the dynamic with Ryuji where they're constantly giving each other shit but that was just banter; now Ryuji's being a cunt, probably because no one in the party has a shred of respect for him. I want to think they're being dipshits but then Ryuji's all "PHANTOM THIEVES!!!" everywhere we go, I stop pitying his stupid ass.

These bits are so good. I wish the game had more moments like these you've a chance to say something witty and get a positive response from everyone.

Also forgot to mention that her sister went to full bitch mode that made Makoto go on edge when investigating Kaneshiro.

I had a harder time when romancing Tae my first playthough.
Mainly because her schedule changes when you hit the romance option and it disrupted my night schedule. But it was worth it in the end.

Kinda wish they would have more encounters if you're dating multiple girls. But i guess the developers waiting for this until Valentines Day.

Sae needs a good dicking.

I think P4 had a two-timer event but IIRC it only worked when Yuu was boning a party girl and one of the Sun girls.

Agreed.
She needs to relieve her stress from overworking.

I think that was P4G but sadly is Marie

Makoto isnt shy, she's distanced from her peers. Sae put too much pressure on her to study for her enterance exams, so much she cant really do alot with friends, and when she does, sae bitches at her (see the scene before she goes full suicidal).

All she gets are Akechi's lifestyle tips "Stress will make your tits sag, Sae-san."

As for the P4 dates, they happen if you accept a invitation from a non-party girl when you're in a relationship with a party girl. I totally forgot Piggyhara.

KEK

twitter.com/decodomo/status/862128124594503680

The writers for Persona have never actually been friends with girls, so of course the class president archetype is romanticized to the point of being meaningless. Despite what her autistic defense force might say, Makoto has no interesting character to speak of.

are people saying that the pacing near the end of the game is bad because of the 7th palace not having a lot of save points and those long ass mazes? sounds to me like they need to get good

there is a lot of cucks in there. why do these people play persona when its sooo not made for them they really need to go away.

Why do they play shit like dragons crown and senran kagura when its not meant for them? To complain.

They play the game to fit in but if they see something they don't like, they get triggered.

Im surprised there isnt a vore comic yet, but I guess that would mean the artists actually playing the game.

Now i cannot unsee user.

Morgana is fucking shit

if you look on game faqs you will see a lot of people complaining about the game. its amazing how persona 5 is peoples first ever atlus game and they are complaining that they dont like it or its too hard and complaining about no female mc is guaranteed replies

There's your fucking problem, user.
P5 was long anticipated, and probably Atlus' biggest game to date, so it WAS a lot of people's first entry. And of course, these people are fresh off of [insert western RPG here]

People will complain about anything. Especially on GameFaqs and NeoFag.

Why would you want to go their in the first place?
They're just as bad as Neogaf.

At least it's not Something Awful

Im playing in hard and I got raped, then semiraped, later I did the raping, those faggots need to git gud

I want to avoid the lowest hanging fruit user.

It's fun sometimes to poke the autists.

Doesn't safe mode just let you revive in battle as many times as you want? That's what I heard in these threads.

Kek

Akira is redpilled

Is this game really getting released?

If you chose to romance one waifu, are the other waifus romace chose blocked?
Or can you romance everyone and get your ass kicked later?

The latter.

Atlus is probably too nice to sue the fucker, but they should.

You can date multiple girls, However too much waifus will ruin your laifu

Time to impregnate everyone

That gif is one of the main reasons why western animation must be cleansed with a firebomb.

What are you, a nigger?

user, thats, an anime made in mexico.

Strike 1
Strike 2

Prove it, please.

What are the odds of being DLC?

Seriously, make it a "joke" ending ha ha

I disliked this attitude as well and some aspects of her. I felt like her costume for the metaverse was just not fitting at all (design and colors). Maybe something more aikido-like would have been better. The whole plain jane turns rebellious just does not fit Makoto IMO. However, compared to Anne I liked her much more and I ranked her whenever I could. It was just that Makoto's confidant plot was weak and I wish they could have made another one for her. The whole host plot was dull and I wish that it was more about MC showing Makoto other things in life than books and studying and doing what your big sister tells you to do and that Makoto would become less serious about everything in life it started out like this but then Makoto became very serious about the host crap and a "friend" she barely knew.

However, after Hifumi was available I lost interest in Makoto anyways and I felt like Hifumi was the better smart girl. It is also important to notice that Makoto is not the clichee introvert shy library girl. She is the rolemodel student who is in the student council and had good ties with the school principal and teachers and she has no problem to communicate when necessary. She is probably even one of the best students in her Aikido club. She appears to be more like the prodigy girl who is meant to be some high ranking official one day and she has someone Sae who pushes her into her role without asking if she even wanted all of this.

Hifumi on the other side is the genuine socially awkward introvert girl with a good heart. She always struggles with everything she says, unless the topic is about her hobby and she wants to help her family the best she can. Unfortunately her mother wants to abuse this kindness for her own selfish plans. Some of Hifumi's qualities:
10/10 in my book already, she looks beautiful as well

Based politician
I got him to rank 10 (along with Hifumi, Mishima and Caroline/Justine) on my 1st run

I think her social link was more about her investigating the girl that was rumored to be in the red light district rather than outright helping a friend.

What do people even mean by this? Dating isn't relevant to the plot and never acknowledged outside of the confidant, how would you even shove an ending like that in there without it being painfully out of place and what would it even entail?

Something like this, but with all the waifus, I'm guessing.

GTFO

Probably, looks like a fun game. Definitely gonna be warry of it though and pirate it first

It's likely at that different enough sweetspot that Atlus can't sue

i pointed this out several threads ago

shilling your hotline wannabe again?

Wait, who?

Writers could manage

should've been hitting those baths.

This
Or start some Frui-Tea when available.

The dub was done by okay actors playing characters that don't fit their voices. Like they didn't even explain their character. English Sojiro sounds like he's constantly doing movie trailers, not like an old man.

Jesus this cuck just wants to embarrass himself, does he?

You know since they've already made a game about being phantom thieves and experimented with those events in bosses you think they have enough precedence to do a sentai ranger version of persona? With transformations and cheesy theme songs and all?

I would prefer if the MC would come out as the Kamen Rider

i'd get behind the idea just to see how fucking stupid the end result would be.

Every time.

I'm really surprised people LOVED the voices. There's only one or two that genuinely put in a non-generic performance. Otherwise it sounds like an episode of Pokemon in the background.

I call shenanigans

because the average persona player is not like us. they're mostly normalfags who don't know good voice acting even if if bit them in the ass.

as long as its in a language "they understand" its "good" for them

I can relate to this. I played on merciless which is just hard with something like 40% exp gain and 4x critical damage both ways. My game started out really hard: Maderame would have been the end of my run if I didn't decide to grind it out. However, that was also the peak of the games difficulty, and I didn't explicitly grind again. Once you level up a bit and get the ability to customize your party the bosses stop being so undo-able.

why are people complaining about the requirements of social stats? do these people just not know about the juice you can drink on sunday that takes no time or not give their plant fertilizer?

Also the books you read can help on specific stats.
I aimed for my charm in the first run

BEST EDITION
BEST CAKE

Well you finally got the (YOU) you've been fishing for over the last three threads.

Are customized guns any good? I didn't get my guts to a decent enough level in my first playthrough to take advantage of the social rank bonuses since I maxed hifumi, mishima and arcade shota.

I will never get tired of these things. Best version of this pic yet.

AT LONG LAST

Yeah if you cross your eyes hard enough you can see anything.

Sounded pointless to me and I was right. It's not even fun when you know the guns are just "super realistic airsofts".

It's okay, user. That just means you have good taste.
Why choose another dessert once you've got the best cake?

Why even live?

I thought I beat it, but then I didn't.

GET FUCKING SMOKED CONNOR!

Anyway, Hawaii's a bust. Despite having Kawakami at rank 9, the only options I got are Makoto and Hifumi (both around rank 5-6) and Ryuji.

NO PIXIE S. LINK NO BUY

Nice analysis of your wife, user. You inspired me to repost mine as well.
YOU CAN'T STOP ME
Sadayo is a virgin at heart. It is ambiguous if she really sold herself but really naive to think she is still a virgin in that industry for so long.
However, Sadayo outright says that no one has ever seen her (blushing face, romantically), that you are the only one, and that it has always "been a dream of mine" to go on a date on the ferris wheel. That and a few other hints prove the idea that she really has never been in love before. This is emphasized by her clearly inexperienced and rather regressed behavior on dates, wherein she behaves rather like any one of the teenage girls. In contrast, Tae is a cutie but acts more her age - that is, she doesn't collapse into uncontrollable blushing (as far as I know).

The working idea is that Sadayo really was a Christmas Cake who, out of extortion and grief and terribly misplaced guilt complexes, forced herself into the Maid prostitution gig. There she was rarely picked, and since her go-to line when showing up for a job is to suggest sexual activities (and since she even gets upset thinking you had called her over for that on Rank 2) it is likely that she did, in fact, have sex with at least one (or more) of her callers but none of them were loyal since she's not a schoolgirl prostitute.
Unlike Ann, who managed to remain a virgin despite Kamoshida's advances, there is no reason to believe Sadayo is a virgin, and yet she (like Ann) never once had a boyfriend or former lover! This would mean that Sadayo is a Christmas Cake who, due to severe guilt and need for money for extortioners, lost her virginity to random men who only used her and never cared to even call her Maid number again.
Then you come along, rescue her and give her the love she never experienced.
Note: She never ONCE speaks of former lovers and never ONCE implies that there was ever another man in her life. Ever.

She says she "feeds stray cats by her place" and that she helps the "latchkey kid" next door with her hair (hence why she can do the pigtails in the maido outfit). She talks about how it was her dream to have a date on the ferris wheel and how no one has ever seen her blushing face. She routinely talks about her age in a self-deprecating way and literally needs you to tell her to be confident in her life choice. Futaba is obviously the most abused and traumatized so in that sense she had it worse, but Sadayo's hints at being this utterly alone, despairing soul feels all the more real. It only makes it so much worse to consider that she very likely lost her virginity while working as a maid-whore.
Even the way she is willingly sacrifice her entire career to be with you if you were ever discovered (she says this smiling at Hawaii) shows her clinging to you not only as her love but essentially as her hope.
–Of course she's not that bad when she's not romanced. She just places more emphasis her students and being a teacher than on your love for her.

Sadayo is the story of a lot of whores in real life, and her sense of futility, loneliness and self-loathing really drives this home. I can only imagine the reality of her backstory was kept vague and only in such hints because, like with everything else, the writers were too cowardly to really delve in-depth into the subject.

TL;DR There are more than enough hints to figure out the truth behind Sadayo, if you want to look at it. Maybe it's because I'm used to it after all the Souls games but there really is a lot of story to discern from her dialogue.
Sadayo deserves love. I mean, she even starts crying when you give her the Heart Ring. Why? Because it is actually a diamond engagement ring. Check out how she describes it. She is crying because someone gave her an engagement ring.

With that bit of typing masturbation done, let me ask you anons something: What would a proper Sae S.Link even be like?

She probably never told him because MC is still minor.

Hopefully you can make her overcome her jealousy from others and her sister, who she believes they have more freedom than her. Also making comforting her for her father's death, which is the reason why she's acting like an angry bitch the whole time.
Also romance
>tfw when romancing both the Niijima sisters for a hot threesome

We also deserved better for Fates, where was your stupid ass then, fucking crippled faggot.

They just can't fucking stand that a japanese game came out in the west, untouched, unpozzed and was highly successful without gatekeeping.

Persona 5 is precisely the localization I seek in jap games.

Well ok.

YES

16 is legal in Japan, user.
Though let's be honest, all of these characters of the main cast (aside from Futaba) were modeled after college students not highschoolers.

That could only end well

I've been holding on to this for a while. I hope there's a "in-between" ranks 9 and 10 for me to give her the ring. All other times felt inappropriate to me.

Arsene clangin' the shit out of Leviathan.
In all seriousness, I imagine it would touch her relationship with her father (she seems to resent him from what I gathered) and go about rekindling her love for her profession (only just got back from Hawaii but I'm a bit inclined to think she doesn't have much of that).
As folks said before, the S-Links tend go ignore the actually important parts of a character's life to go for more superfluous, "feel good" things.

Holy shit now that you've said this your absolutely right, the main persona users all act more like college students then high schoolers.

She does plan on marrying him, only if you date her

True but she seems very careful with her job.
She doesn't seem to rush things between her and MC so they don't get caught or she could get fired.

Its the only solution.

That would be priceless.

There has been far far far worse voice acting recently
I think comparison to Fates is perfect for P5 on how awful fates was and how averafe the english VA is for p5

Even then Fatlus gave japanese VA thats shit most dont even do

Wait until after rank 10 when you go on a nighttime date with her and she starts speaking openly about loving you. The final date, in your room, you get the option of saying "I want to be with you forever" and that's the best time to give it. More realistic.
HA But I'd like a good in-depth confidant link with Sae so she can learn to stop being such an ass and stop being SO INCREDIBLY CORRUPT AT HER JOB

It could be they wanted to go for something like that but then somewhere along the way High School became mandatory, since it would be the first Persona with college students (and the second with adults).

No I know. It makes it even more funny considering the subject is brought up during the confidant link and she chuckles and says "It's too early for me to think about that now".
You'd find a way. Never underestimate the raw charisma vortex of the protagonist.

Has anyone tried to rip all of the models yet?

I'm still missing some.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if P6 is full on College students.

What are the essential Persona games to play? I've wanted to get into the games, but I also value my life, and have heard that these fuckers take months each, and some are shit. What do you guys think?

Is there a reason to play the fan translation over the PSP remake that was localized?

the P2 games are a must user

Just bought the game. Do I need to update it or connect online?

Persona 2 and its sequel on the PSP. Persona 5 borrows quite a bit of from Persona 2.

Persona 1 is an alright game but you have to be a masochist to finish it.

With the exception of Eternal Punishment any game can be argued as a good entry point, for different reasons. As for essential… I'd say only Persona 1 is one I'd recommend with caveat, all the other games are good if you like your JRPGs.

I don't know if there are any updates yet, but there's a bunch of free DLC that you should download if you can.

Yeah. Sounds wiser. As her story progressed, every moment seemed terribly timed to give her the ring.
Incidentally, it's the only gift I bought; maybe next run I'll shower everyone with gifts in hopes of speeding the rank ups.

Even Akechi lectures her on how she's overstepping her bounds.

A particular moment has me underestimating it though. The meeting after Humpty Dumpty's death, everyone gets into a argument and MC just stands there as Ryuji chimps out and Mona storms off. Pretty shitty part. Back in P4, even Yuu had the initiative to tell everyone to calm their tits.

Being online lets you see what other people chose to do with their free time and how they answered questions given by teachers.

Online is just for advice or sometimes they can help you in rare situations

The Japanese PS1/PC release are the least fucked with content-wise.

Well Bancho-Sama-Sensei-Senpai-Coon-Oniichan will only ever be second to Tatsuya in take charge attitude.

It's funny that the leader this time around has the least amount of initiative, especially in the second to last palace.

Why are the Niijima sisters so hot?

The PSP release is good too. They added back in basically half the content they took out.

*what was basically half of the game's content that was taken out for the PS1 release

Yet, he seems to have a lot more sass about him which makes his muting at critical moments pretty dumb.

Meanwhile, ran into the new dynamic duo. This game really has every color of the 'tism rainbow.

Bit of a random note, I'm surprised there still hasn't been a Brendan edit of the MC with the "Are the Phantom Thieves JUST?" question underneath it.

I see Ohya in the trash but I don't even see Chihaya.

She looks like a One Piece villain…

HAha Exactly

Needs a pic of Chihaya with the Jehova's Witnesses/Watchtoer cult behind it

honestly I'd just put text somewhere saying "did I forget someone"

KEK

people were saying that there was a pill to destory palaces but there is not. the pill induces you into a death like state so if you are dead your palace will be gone. the pill is in metal gear solid 3

Frui-tea is a waste of time. Watch DVDs, read books or hangout with Ohya, better way to build charm.

Forgot about Ohya and also No-Good Tora builds up your charm as well so both of those confidants are useful for stats.

Which is stupid, since a palace exists because of someone's heart's distorted desire. So, unless the person who took the pill comes back without that ditorted desire then the palace would still exist.

This was in the first level of the game. It was explicitly explained that this is why palaces exist, hence why they are destroyed if the distorted desire is removed - and not that this is also when the heart is changed utterly.

So the pill thing was STILL intensely stupid and retconning the metaphysics detailed in the earlier part of the game. It's not surprising since everything about this game screams "rewrite", especially the botched narrative framing spoiling everything in the story for the sake of setting up a twist that makes no sense since
1) Why did no one notice the huge-slam Casino they were waiting outside of for the Phantom Thieves? Yes, it's established that the metaverse can be easily walked into if it is not wildly distorted, but just beyond the police station was the casino and the police gathering was beside the casino since it was in the casino that Joker was running around and out of the casino window he jumped.
2) The police gave you a drug used by agents to get people talking. It's a sort of truth serum and actually exists, but it's not like in the cartoons. However, this serum/drug they gave you to be cooperative and talk also selectively made you forget certain memories, each conveniently about the traitor (and all of them only appearing in the last third of the game, too. Hmm…). THAT IS NOT HOW DRUGS WORK! Let alone a drug meant to get you talking, not potentially knocking you out and making you forget.

There is a lot more, like how Mishima seemingly doesn't know you are the Phantom Thief on the Hawaii trip despite you already doing jobs for him at that point (and his first rank of S.Link is him telling you he knows who you are and wants to help, and I'm pretty sure that's unskippable), how Haru's fiance is still molesting her in the limo in the cutscene despite you potentially having gotten him away from her during her S.Link before then, etc.

The story is a mess. Everything after Futaba is a rapid downhill that only gets worse. Then the final act with the Holy Grail is good, mostly, but still fell horribly flat with how weak the boss was in design and fight. We went from Eldritch abomination in P4 to…pale robot? Okay.
Don't even get me started on how garbage Shido was, both as a character and boss despite being slowly built up this whole game as a mastermind in his own right. What a joke.

Game's fun and finally gave us cakes in JRPG, so there's that.

Was it ever actually implied that taking the pill would permanently get rid of the user's Palace? I just assumed it would disappear while they were 'dead' as their cognition would have been disabled, deleting everyone inside, and the Palace would then reappear after the pill wore off (if Shido's treasure hadn't already been stolen, that is).

I think they explicitly said that they were using the pill to kill whoever was in the palace by collapsing it.

Yeah, that much was obvious. But the poster I was replying to implied the pill somehow contradicted the rest of the story, which I don't think it really did.

Oh, and to address some of these other points:

The police sent to capture Protag and company might have been handpicked officers on the conspirators payroll, like with the guard outside the interrogation room, and been told to just ignore it.

It was probably less a 'truth serum' and more of a 'dope the guy until he's so out of his mind he confesses to crimes he may or may not have committed' serum. We know the police were, at this point, willing to fake confessions/evidence to get convictions so this seems plausible to me.

It's fiction, there are going to be convenient coincidences.

Now this I didn't understand. Did he show up in her SLink or something? I didn't get around to doing her's.

How I understood it is that if the palace collapses the thieves would die even if it came back later.

The kind of drug used makes you cooperative but not necessarily fully cognizant. In fact it probably fogged up is memories. They were only interested in getting a confession and get the names of confidants, not necessarily get the truth out of you. The game mentions it wearing off towards the end may have something to do with him being able to remember less and less clearly. How I interpreted it was that he the protagonists was fighting against it to be able to do what he wanted to do but started getting weaker and weaker as the time progressed.

That's cause the real villain was Goro and the conspirators. Shido existed to justify Goro and make hims somewhat sympathetic.

I meant Holy Grail aka Sloth. Shido had much to gain from this but he was being used as much as he used. He didn't need much more development than what happens during his boss fight.

No they said "temporarily":
I won't even go into how Wakaba could possibly know about palaces to this extent, let alone being able to enter into them, let alone collapsing them, considering no one but Akechi and the theives have ever even been to one, but whatever.

But you are missing the point. The issue is that the palace only exists because of the distorted desire and only collapses because the distorted desire - the very thing it depends on - is removed. Morgana says as much during Kamoshida's palace and it is what is shown every single time. The only difference was Futaba's palace, but that's because she adopted her shadow as a persona and thus got rid of her distorted desire naturally.
-Skipping over the fact that Futaba had a trauma and not a distorted desire, the reality is that the palace only collapses because the distorted desire is removed. That is pure metaphysics and psychology - NOT biology. The pill functions biologically, knocking the body out to a near-death state. There has not once been any implication that biology effects the metaphysical to this degree, not one time the entire story
People knew it was flu season so flu season affected the mental metaverse of Tokyo. Same with heatwaves - or do you want to start telling me heatwaves could effect palaces? It never did. It effects the shadows but not the palace/labyrinth itself.

It is stupid. We never get to look at anything of Wakab's research so they have free reign to pull things out of their ass at-will and we can't argue against it because
No thank you. Work with the established rules you have not the stuff you make up on the spot. What is this, a Nasu story?

That's hysterical to consider:
"Yeah we're gonna head downtown to finally get the Phantom Thieves, men. It's what Shido wants and we worked with Akechi to time it just right so we could pull it off. Oh, and before we head over there, just ignore the giant neon-lit Vegas casino. It's no big deal, just focus."
Would have been nice if they had remotely addressed something so glaring, though. Even something that silly would be better than silence.

Not like that. Not ones that break common sense.

I know what you mean, mate. My friend did and he actually shows up all of once for her confidant story as I recall. Only once or twice at most. Then he's shooed off-screen via Haru asking the new director of the company to annul her garbage father's arrangement, which he does. Never see him again. Never change his heart. That's it. You just let Japanese Uday Hussein run off into the sunset to probably rape and abuse of some other poor girl who falls into his clutches as a politician's son.

I really like how that's never addressed, too. Who was the politician? Doesn't matter. Why was his hair orange when Nips aren't Scotts? Because anime? How about Futaba's hair, because that's the same color hair and those are the only two orange-heads in the whole game. Also, how did Futaba get orange hair when her mom had jet black hair? Who was her father? Doesn't matter, I guess.

Game would have been better if the villains were just the shadow government. haha Just go full Rothschild and get it over with instead of this limp-fisted "two guys and a doctor" conspiracy. Yeah I know they are meant to represent more people but come on.

Well I suppose that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the superpower to see into other places of the planet in the past. What kind of drug was that which gave the protag the ability to see all those scenes he had no part in and never knew about?
haha Just being cheeky and pointing out how the framing device was clearly a shoddy after-thought and they didn't want to rewrite what they already had to fit a narrative account from solely the protagonist's perspective.

They could have shared that info with him or he could have deduced what happened. Or they didn't happen and he bullshitted them just to appease the interrogator. What really mattered at that point was him getting out alive.

Was this ever confirmed? I suppose it's possible, but I don't really understand how Wakaba could have known anything at all about the Metaverse in that case.

Palaces only exist because of the person's distorted desires. Their distorted desires come from their cognition - their mind. Using the plot-device pill to put Shido in a near-death, almost braindead state temporarily eliminates his cognition and his desires, making his Palace disappear as well, fucking up everyone inside it. Makes sense to me.

Given Japanese 'don't rock the boat' culture I don't think it's THAT out there. The one guard was perfectly fine with letting Akechi, some high school student, walk into a police interrogation room and casually murder a suspect, after all.

That's assuming you need to have physically entered the Metaverse to study it. A lot of it is based on psychology so the Wakaba or the conspirators could have been acting on extrapolated theories. I don't know much about psychology though.

True, but I don't see how you could do so much research on the Metaverse, much less know enough for a shadowy cabal of kikes conspirators to form around it, without being able to somehow physically interact with the place.

Observation, if I recall. Just thinking about it it'd have to be observation since she did not have a persona and would not be able to defend herself from shadows.

That's not the same as putting him to near-death. Even a comatose man has the same brain as when he fell into the coma. You're talking about nearly vegitating the guy and that's not done by a simple magic pill.

user, come on. Come on now.
He was a famous detective and the guard knew the deal anyway. Even so, turning a blind eye to a guy murdering someone is not the same as turning a blind eye to a giant magic Vegas casion that came from nowhere and sticks out even across a lake. Remember that they showed a helicopter nearing the location in the opening cutscene to the game. Remember?

For that matter, how did no one else notice that thing? It was massive and had lights all over the place! At night!
LOOK AT THIS! UNHOLY BLAZES LOOK AT IT!
HOW DO YOU IGNORE THIS? HOW CAN ANYONE IGNORE THIS?
Best part? Helicopter is never once brought up, shown again or explained, meaning it was either a police chopper that the writers forgot they put in there or it was just a random chopper. Though since it's headed towards the casino I think it's a police shopper, which means the radius for accidentally getting caught up in this metaverse is far larger than any other. But that chopper, man… Where'd it go? What was it doing?
And HOW DID NO ONE MENTION THE GIANT MAGIC VEGAS CASINO?
HAhaha

You don't need to know everything about something in order to use it. Just enough to fiddle with it to get results.

That's the beuty of never showing us or remotely detailing for us any of Wakab's research: they can keep it vague to hand-wave any plotholes they knew they would have.
Course it is rather obvious no one has ever been there but the thieves and Akechi, hence why Akechi did the hit jobs and was even taken in by Shido since he had the power.

I thought he shot the guard, too.

Post which Persona would you fuck?
I would let Pixie give me a body job

That one persona with like 16 titties sounds like a fun fuck

What about mara?

Diana? They're no longer boobs, just boob like lumps.

retard

My God you sound pretentious. "They're not like us"

That's the size of the actual picture, bab.

kek. a pretentious hipster weeaboo

then find a better one, there are no consoles or handhelds that work at a 259x194 resolution

>>>/4chan/

you cant have a distorted desire if you are dead. killing the shadow or killing the actual person is gonna have an effect on the palace.

It also makes so incoherent that you falsely remember Makoto being forced into drugs and prostitution because you failed to meet Kaneshiro's deadline. This obviously didn't happen, but hey, drugs.

The Demiurge. Mechanical angels are kinda Law's thing.

Do not sexualize the personas!

>Body stops having distorted desires because its dead and can't think
Not that hard

It does when you have an invisible assassin to destroy your enemies.

The Snow Queen Quest, which was essentially an entirely different arc that players could unlock if they turned the school upside down looking for a mask to start the damn thing.

Also, Mark isn't black in the PSP version.

Awwww. Can't we sexualize them just a little?

Do not listen to him. SEXUALISE THE PERSONAS

there has to be a doujin of pixie being used like an onahole, at least one somewhere

That's good, user. Because, Personas are for sexual. Look at me, everyone!

Thinking about a re-release with all the DLC and some kind of expansion to the game content(like every Persona game has recieved). I have to wonder how they plan on balancing DLC Personas for that. Because as it stands when you buy DLC Personas you can just get them immediately and have a fucking Lv 70 Thanatos Picaro from the get-go. So it's basically purchasing cheats at the moment. So would they restrict DLC Personas to NG+ or level-gate them or what? Would they be retards about it and just let you get all the OP Personas right out of the gate? Or would they go full scumbags and just charge you again?

Thanatos isn't that good, at that level you can use his spell once before running out of sp and then you're stuck just normal attacking, which is only going to do a lot of damage for the VERY beginning of the game. I found izanagi and cross slash more broken, especially since he gets null phys right away

It's coming off… I'm going to show you everything!

The point is you get high level personas that can destroy everything without even trying at any point and I'm worried about a potential re-release just falling into a trap of "Well you can get these OP fucking things right away so might as well"

Part of the reason I never really bought anything until after the first playthrough (barring Makoto's Theme… and even then, I bought one set of outfits and no persona.

Here I am! Everyone look at me!

does this count as avatarfagging?

Hmmm… Are you going to just sit there and whine or are you going to get your cock out? I'm sure it's inadequate, but that doesn't matter… I need dicks!!

OH I FORGOT THIS
HAHA Yes that's right. Man this game's writing is embarrassing.
You really know something went belly-up when Persona 4 has a more sensible and cogent story.

They could have done much better. It's inexcusable the amount of ass-pulls are in this game. I mean, were we ever meant to think that their super magic palace switch-a-roo plan would even be a thing, let alone would work, when the entire cast is essentially various degrees of painfully autistic?
These people couldn't keep their mouths shut the whole game but now suddenly they can work together to pull off this incredibly intricate plan? That was funny.

Fun game, though. Cakes are good.

user…

That's some Bloodborne shit right there.

Yusuke looks at you in disgust.

Mmmm.. I think we've spotted the softcock in the room. Ah, the rest of you, give me all you've got!

Welp, off to look for a doujin.

You can't max Haru before 11/20. I've tried in NG+ and it was impossible. She just stops being available after Rank 8 if you rush her. I would suggest someone with her Christmas gift to try and see if you can. But I'm pretty sure they story locked her Rank 9 like Sojiro's Rank 5.

I believe one of the weakest things in this game is a shitload of unnecessary exposition dump because the writers assume you are retarded. But by reading this I realize that, yes, there are retards like you in this world that must be spoon fed everything. It is clear on how it was written that the drug Shido takes collapses his palace because it virtually kills him, but as soon as he wakes up the palace would probably reform (if his shadow didn't return to the prison in Mementos). It doesn't contradict shit and the fact that this wasn't spoon fed to the player with further unnecessary exposition is a plus, not a minus.

Why do you think they didn't? Are you dense? Sae even acknowledges during your interrogation that your story about the Metaverse corroborates with the testimony of the officers that arrested you and that's why she's willing to believe your outlandish tale. You are so hung up on this while I found this to be one of the best exposed bit of info in the whole story.

This is bullshit, yes. It is a dumbass contrivance that overstayed its welcome. This is probably the worst written part of the whole game. Everything from when you remember the arrest is part of the plan until you enter Shido's palace is a trainwreck of forced (and contextually nonsensical) exposition that treats the players like retards.

The game's writing is a mess, especially at the end, but all your grievances are actually the type of grievances that makes these kinds of story have bad writing in the first place. You want everything about the plot fed to you on a silver spoon and you seem incapable of making simple assumptions in order to connect the dots of events and facts about the plot. It was because of faggots like you I had to sit down an hour to listen to the characters explaining "to Sojiro" (actually to me, but they use Sojiro as a crutch for that awful exposition dump) the clever plan they made to trick Akechi when I had just saw it clearly as it happened a couple of minutes before.

It was dumb. You remember everything that happened since April in late November, but conveniently forget the most important things you should know at that point in time and that was planned just weeks before that moment because those memories conveniently give a twist for the player. It is awful writing, there is no sugar coating on it.

Nah my friend definitely told me they got the fiance away from her in the S.Link by the time he saw that cutscene.

And again, you clearly missed the entire point of my argument that they never once have biology influence palaces to this degree. Ever. The palace is a metaphysical concept tied to one's mind, but at no point does it ever once show biology factoring into it, only visual suggestion.
Good to see you pull things out of your ass to defend the game's ass-pulls. Mind showing me where they said that whatsoever? Also mind showing me how they could know this much about palaces despite no one ever being to one? Oh right, the magical never-detailed research of Wakaba. Got it. You know, you'd think someone researching palaces and got enough info to suggest this pill method would also be able to figure out a way to not get ganked in her mental space. Shido did (Akechi cognition), and he's not even the tippy-top researcher of this metaverse.

Back on point though: They hardly know anything substantial about palaces or the metaverse but they somehow know that bringing someone to a death-LIKE state will stop it? Mind you, Shido doesn't actually die and get resuscitated. He's basically just knocked out. To destroy a palace like you are suggesting would mean he'd literally have to die - all brain functions would cease. Do you know how stupid it is to have a man die and then just wake up a bit later? What, is Shido a Japanese Lazerus? That miracle method they used was moronic.

Also note that they had no way of knowing or seeing the Thieves in Shido's mental space. Seriously, they just gave him the pill and sat around hoping for the best. No means of directly observing the palace? How did they even know what they knew if they can't even see the palace? Ah, the vague research. Got it. Okay then.
You either get metaphysics or science. You do not get to bring both to the table and then pick-and-choose at-will. You established rules for the palace and then rewrite the rules later on. The pill was an ass-pull and you know it. Don't try to complain to me about pointing out the stupid in the obviously rushed last third of this game.

And did anyone else notice how Death Note the last half of the game was, what with the Akechi murders no longer being mental shutdowns but pretty much just heart attacks? Why are they clutching their chest if their BRAIN has been targeted? Is the mind located literally in the heart? Is that seriously what we're trying to go with here?
And what's the black fluid that starts pouring out of their mouths? What is that?
Let me guess, it's explained in the vague magic research Wakaba did.
NO ONE EVER MENTIONS THE BLACK FLUID! Not that I recall.

wait now that i think about it if it makes protag forget shit how is it beneficial to the interrogators at all

its probably just supposed to look spoopy

They've already been sexualized user

You also remembered what Makoto and her sister were doing in the privacy of their own homes, what Sae and Akechi were talking about in the station and what the SUI director was scheming via his private phone calls. That's some wonder drug!

Because they don't! Look at and try to defend them not having a single scene about the cops freaking out about the magic casino. And the helicopter? What about all the implications in the helicopter's presence (and then absence, since it is never seen again)?
And then repeatedly tells you that it sounds like a fairy tale that won't hold up. Right. I played the game, too, but it seems only one of us paid attention.
I do not recall even once does her saying that the testimony of the cops about the casino leads her to believe your story. In fact she is skeptical the entire time right through to the end and only helps you/trusts you because of the pieces of information which line up apart from the metaverse.

And did anyone think it was stupid for the protagonist to get caught in his thief outfit but get put into his highschool uniform? What, did they have him change into a set of school clothes they brought with them? Or is it that the Thief outfits don't exchange clothes but just cover the clothes they are already wearing? That's not how it looked every time they poof-changed into the outfits. Maybe that's what it is. Funny since that'd really complicate how skin-tight Ann, Makoto and Futaba's suits are.
Because these details add up to make the whole thing a mess. Why was the protag in the school outfit? Because if he was in the thief outfit we'd know from the opening and interrogation scenes he was in the metaverse. Why did the cops not freak out about the magic casino? Because then we'd know it was the metaverse and not a real casino in the opening of the game. Why did they never follow up on the issue of the Wakaba research with any detail? Because they needed room for ass-pulls and that research was a good excuse. How did a band of misfits who could barely keep it together and keep their mouths shut the entire game suddenly concoct a masterful intricate ploy? Because plot twist, I guess.
WHY DID WE NEVER GET A SINGLE SCENE WITH FUTABA AND HARU DIRECTLY CONFRONTING AKECHI FOR ''MURDERING THEIR PARENTS?
Because the writers are hacks.

No, if the writers were as anal about details as I am then they'd actually have written a better story. They never would have put the story into such a self-defeating framing device that makes no sense. They would have actually followed-up on Wakaba and would have had a better set up for the twist they were going for which, if they did it like the actual Lupin story instead of using metaverse magic hackery, would have been great - with the player and his team working to set up a surprise that the player would have the satisfaction of seeing pulled off. But no, it's supposed to be a twist to the player also, utterly disconnecting the player from the character and leaving the writers to desperately mock-up some asinine reason why you, the player, would not know about the surprise the player character had cooked up.

There also would have been actual thievery, actual guns, and everything would have been better - not because I'm a masterful writer but because even myself at 14yrs old could write a more cogent and straight story than this! You could, too!

Defending any aspect of this mess is embarrassing.
pic unrelated

It's not supposed to be. The more unreliable the MC is in his testimony, the less likely Sae is going to take what he says to heart. Increases the chance of her just walking out on him, which lets Pancake boy do his duty… which is to say, put a bullet in your head.

Why does everything have tits?!

makes sense, i sorta forgot that the suits were in cahoots with akechi

OH! I FORGOT! Notice how in the portion that plays in the beginning of the game and replays after you beat Shadow Sae the shadows all look like special agents, yet during the actual palace they looked like bunny waitresses and bartenders/bouncers.

Want to know why you never saw those special agent shadows? I can't remember seeing them once. All bouncers and waitresses up until after the boss fight. But I think they switched shadows because they either got lazy or they wanted to trick you into thinking the police are shadows. Except those weren't police. We see the police in swat gear later on. So why did we never see shadows in suits until after the boss fight? Why did the shadows never look like people before that final casino stretch after Shadow Sae? Why did things suddenly go all Matrix like that? Was it perhaps because they were just reusing the intro scenes and the intro scenes were designed to make you think everything in the casino was happening in real life?
It's a mess.

And did none of the other agents, who began your interrogation before Sae, know it was the metaverse? That one guy also looked like how the shadows were dressed. Maybe the answer was tucked away in Futaba's non-voiced info dump along with the cat and Sojiro when you get back from the station that night. Sorry, my memory is a bit fuzzy.
Must be the drugs.

Best part of the game is that you never actually committed a crime - and you never actually protected that woman Shido was gonna rape. You just turned him around and he drunkinly fell and hit his head.
Everything was so weak.

All they wanted was a confession out of him, user.

The plan was also to trick real Sae near the end so that she wouldn't suspect Goro so you're basically bullshitting near the end too.

And if the mind stops functioning, one could safely assume the Palace would disappear as well. This doesn't need to be explicitly said unless you're a drooling retard.

It wasn't a 100% certainty the plan would even work, the scientist-dude was clearly worried about doing it, but Shido was desperate enough to go through with it at that point.

You assume Wakaba would even consider using the Metaverse for mental shutdowns. That might not have even crossed her mind, and just been something Shido/the conspirators inferred from her research. If she didn't consider that way of using the Metaverse, she wouldn't even think of developing a defense like Shido did.

They didn't know for sure, it was a theory and they just went with it as Shido was out of options.

It isn't necessary to completely die, we know that brain functions slow and change during a coma. It isn't unreasonable to assume that such a state would have an affect on the Palace.

Shido could clearly feel the change of heart starting to occur.

There really wasn't any rewriting of rules.

I'm pretty sure the mental shutdowns never directly killed anyone. I believe the TV confirmed Okumura died of cardiac arrest, probably because he was already in poor health and the mental shutdown put him under too much stress. In Wakaba's case she got killed by a car or something.

It's just a device to make the scene more dramatic. You are autistic.

Do you need every single thing spelled out for you?

She pretty clearly says at one point that your explanation of the Metaverse lines up with other evidence.

He was already in the highschool uniform, the thief outfit only exists in the Metaverse. His regular clothes returned after they left it, you retard.

He wasn't in the Metaverse at all during the interrogation, you dingus. Only Akechi got brought into it, the Protag was in the real world the whole time.

Because having a scene about it would spoil the plot. That's not a contradiction, it's the game hiding information so as to not tip off the twist too early.

There is no reason to assume they couldn't pull off that plot. They're all shown to be pretty intelligent Ryuji and Ann aside, maybe

Except Haru did have a line towards Akechi about him murdering her father. Pay more attention, dumbass. And are we sure Akechi killed Wakaba? She died when Futaba was really young, so Akechi would have had to have been younger than 8 or so.

There are problems with the story, but you are complaining about seriously trivial shit, when you aren't just making up issues with it.

Damnit Shinya, go and do your homework already and stop shitposting!

Because tits help make the world go round?

I think Diane has a lot of breasts because of that one story where someone sees her naked, and she turns them into a stag…

Tiamat and Satan have rows of boobs to differentiate them from human boobs, as certain animals have them.

And Antioch looking like a vagina because… *shrugs*

the sent out the biggest calling card in the world to him though

Is this the same guy who loves Caligula Effect?

Probably.
Satomi is nothing more of those creepy idolfags

I need to beat the game again getting all S-links and requests, mad as fuck about missing requests because I forgot check my phone.

It's so tedious that the FFWD doesn't work non-stop, it stops every scene transition instead of just every choice, really really shit.

Otherwise game is good, story is trash but the game has so much effort put in all over the shop that it's hard not to have fun playing it.

Eh, if it was Caligula-kun, I suppose they would've brought up a bunch of references to Caligula Effect by now.

i'm on NG+ and i forgot that you can miss requests on the phone so now i'm concerned i blew it already on my NG+ run while blitzing through some early stuff. going into NG+ with kawakamis max bonus already is hilarious though

If you have her already then I am pretty sure you fucked up, That little faggot mishi-kun messages requests on set days.

Satan has a point and he IS a persona so I think we should take his word on this.

i got and did early ones i remembered but i know somewhere around 3rd dungeon i was ignoring lots of texts

And I rushed her exactly because I wanted to expose that same plot hole and she became unavailable after Rank 8. But I will take your friend's word and concede that this is a plot hole (because I wanted it to be true as well)

Cognition affects palaces. You surely realize that cognition only exists while higher functions of your brain are up and running. When your body is a vegetable in a virtually-dead state guess what isn't working? Your cognition. There is even a whole class lecture and quiz foreshadowing on that shit.

They don't say, because it is irrelevant and saying it would be… bad writing on their part. When Shido is back his Palace would be gone regardless so what are the after-effects of the drug is a moot point. I assume his palace would simply reform and yes I'm pulling out of my ass using simple logic, but you can just as easily theorize that the drug might even caused him a forced change of heart (why the fuck not?) a mental shutdown and eventual death (if his Shadow hadn't returned to the prison) or any other effect. We'll never know and that's a-ok. Not everything about a plot needs answers and that is exactly my point about needless spoonfeeding. The drug was clearly hastily developed by doctors using Wakaba's research as base, because Shido probably made them find any and all ways of stopping people from entering his Palace. It is very logical that a pill that shutdowns your cognition would fuck up your Shadow and Palace, but not with unintended consequences and that's why Shido only used it as a last resort.

Thanks for proving my point that you are the type of people that makes stories shit by demanding unnecessary exposition.

Because they don't! Look at and try to defend them not having a single scene about the cops freaking out about the magic casino. And the helicopter? What about all the implications in the helicopter's presence (and then absence, since it is never seen again)?
Yes and? You want everything spoonfed to you like a retard. It's ok, I got it.

And did anyone think it was stupid for the protagonist to get caught in his thief outfit but get put into his highschool uniform? What, did they have him change into a set of school clothes they brought with them? Or is it that the Thief outfits don't exchange clothes but just cover the clothes they are already wearing?
What the fuck are you talking about? As soon as the protag returned with the police to the real world his clothes changed back to the school uniform. Actually, even leaving the casino vicinity in the Metaverse would poof his clothes back. The phantom thief clothing is just a figment. Cognition, son.

I have to agree to this entire part tho.

Akechi's death breaks all characters so bad that I almost stopped playing there. I got really revolted by the awful writing of that part.

I'm more showing why you are a retard and how your behavior and grievances enables this kind of shit writing we see in JRPGs, VNs and Light Novels. I agree. P5 writing is a huge mess, no way around it. But a lot of it is to appease idiots like you that wants every minute detail explained to you like you are a 5 year old. You are the polar opposite of the souls lorefag and just as a cancer as they are. All these demands creates contrivances, unnecessary/boring shit and, for shitty writers and/or time-constrained writers, paradoxes and contradictions. P5 has less contradictions than you want us all to believe and has more contrivances and completely unnecessary shit, exactly because they wrote this mess of a game with people like you in mind.

I cucked morgana instead of doing romance with the older ones.

Also is it just me that has 90 hours inn and not finished it? Also can't wait to get the cawkdemon, its only 7levels left.

Special agent shadows appears as the police enters the Metaverse. It plays the same during both runs and you only fight a Moloch both times. Since her treasure was never stolen, the palace was still working at full alert level. But yeah, it is contrived.

They probably knew/went there to arrest you. And all of them probably were on the DIU/Shido's payroll. The guy saying that the protagonist will not leave the interrogation room in one piece is a huge tell that all of those guys are part of the conspiracy. Not that it matters, it is a minute detail.

No. As soon as they enter Sae's Palace they talk about how many human-looking cognitive beings are there and also before Shadow Sae raises the alert when you meet her for the first the shadow security looks like regular human security. This one isn't a contradiction, just contrived shit.

those filthy whore lobsters just begging for it

Sorry for focusing my autism to expose another autist's autism.

I think so, they've been bringing up the same points for like the past 4 threads. I think he just realized no one cared about his Caligula Effect shills.

It's likely supposed to be blood, but Japan is strict as fuck about that, and it would have given the game an AO rating. Same thing happened with Dead Rising and Left 4 Dead

I saw shadows in suits in that one control room you weren't allowed to go in.

Well, Satan, I personally had 200+ hours on my first playthrough… but that was probably because I left the game running more than once, and that time just sort of adds up.

Kind of want to hit the Okamura facility later on and test a possible XP exploit with the employee bots.

i miss japanese hyperviolence, their blood censoring sucks major dick

where's the pic of kawakami with wig on then wig off and the guys go nuts

This?

thank

it's not a wig, I know it's her hair. It's just that I'm still used to initially thinking it looks more like a wig. It looks like she grew a lot more hair for the becky style

Am i the only one who bas only 140 hours over 2 playthroughs with one of them being an all slink run?

I was at my third play through when I loaned my PS4 to a buddy so he could play.

They probably didnt see the casino just look at the true end dungeon they're all blind to the metaverse unless they;re brought in via the app

No. It was never explained but the most logical conclusion to take is that they entered the Metaverse with Akechi's cellphone and app. Logistically, I would even assume Akechi did this shortly before the heist took place, keeping the officers ready at the cognitive police station. But there is a contrivance that the police stormed the casino at the perfectly exact time for the convenience of the plot, which is… well, pretty shit writing, but not that offensive.

That's what I was saying. How are you not getting this? I specifically asked "Do you know how stupid it is to have a man die and then just wake up a bit later?"
That same question can be "Do you know how stupid it is to have a man become a vegetable and then just wake up a bit later?"
It is moronic. Stop trying so hard to defend it. They gave him, at best, a super knock-out pill. Doesn't work that way. Or they shut down his brain to a vegetative state and magicked him back to normal, or they actually killed him for a time and ressucitated him (though they were pretty specific that it was a death-like state). Both are stupid.

Wait, hold up- They SHOULDN'T explain the mysterious black ooze that pours out of the victim's eyes, nose, ears and mouth?
You are amazing. No, user, you can't just have people have a heart attack and pour black ooze and not explain that. Eng101 students aren't that pathetic and these writers can't even manage that much. Just don't have them ooze black fluid! Simple! Make their eyes roll back and have a heart attack, that way we don't have a glaring issue with no one being freaked out about the anatomical anomaly - unless P5 thinks everyone who aneurysm just starts oozing black fluids from the holes in their face.
LOL Spoonfed! Yes, yes I'd like to be "spoonfed" as to how you can have multiple riot police envoy and a chopper not react to the giant magic casino with lights shooting into the air. And the chopper especially, since that's either more police or a random chopper, but either way it shows just how wide the range is for Sae's cognition unlike the other palaces, which means with a range that large any shmuck should be able to waltz in accidentally and suddenly see a giant vegas casino in the legal district of Tokyo. It is a huge deal.

Where? How? They were still in the casino vicinity, weren't they? That's why they were able to get that whole deal with the exchange in mental spaces between Sae and Akechi. If not then I'll give you that one since the answer is probably again stuffed away in some hamfisted exposition from futaba that I skipped through because I didn't care at the time.
Still find it funny they had enough know-how to pull this mental space metaverse trick when all they knew about was all we knew about.

Everyone does, mate. It's indefensible.
Same here, buddy. That last third of the game is atrocious. Even Shido's palace was a worse chore than Futaba's orb-swapping dungeon.
Thanks a bunch I need that info
Not even remotely.

pfft

Technically, considering how Akechi has the date set for the heist, he could have figured out a way to either signal them to take position in front of the Casino before the gang left with the Treasure.

For instance, an officer with a pair of binoculars could have spotted the Phantom Thieves and started the positioning when they went inside.

What's her codename Holla Forums?

semen demon

If we're sticking with the conventions of the Phantom Thieves, it would probably be something short.

Joker (2)
Mona (2)
Skull (1)
Panther (2)
Fox (1)
Queen (1)
Oracle (3, cause Futaba's special)
Noir (1)
Crow (1)

I'd go with something like "Judge."

Cougar

Christmas Cake

pickle tickler

Seconded.

Judge I can get behind.
"Law" strikes me as something that could fit her too.

That's what I was just thinking, yeah.

You know it's good writing when you leave your audience/readers going "Well they probably", "maybe they", "Might have been", "Perhaps they just". That means you left something undone and didn't care to clean it up, like an oil painter scratching the canvas.
That entire riot police envoy? All of that? Every single guy there was on Shido's payroll? Either we really did brush against some Rothschild stuff that was never broached properly or we're straining for logic. That level of conspiracy involving common cops doesn't exist - too many hands to grease.
A few guys around the interrogation room and that one guard aren't much of a stretch for involvement. A city-block's worth of riot officers plus more officers on the rooftop nearby is too much. Way too much.
Not really.
Cognitive beings, fake people. Not shadows. Not everyone there was a shadow - though it is funny how naturally human these mental NPCs acted. I thought it was funny for Kamoshida's palace and it only got more silly here, but metaphysics and mental figmants and etc. Not too big a deal.
I didn't notice that. Fair enough, and it is contrived.

So in the end, aside from a couple points I've made, we really are on the same page with the hackery of this story. You just don't like that I want more answered. Honestly I'd have preferred an entire rewrite of the last half, if not at least the last third, of this game instead of more exposition. Far more preferable.

The only reason I like Ann is her body, her child-like innocence, her uncanny ability to humiliate Ryuji (and I hate Ryuji) and her usefulness in getting vengeance against that damnable cat.
Stealing the Irish prize from Mona is a great, great feeling Sadayo is best, though, so it's worth not cucking the cat for her.

I've always felt that Ann had great taste, having sexy female anime villains as role models.

Oh good. Another reason to hate that we didn't get Sae. Good job fatlus

I kind of like but we'd need something to exemplify her job.

"Hunter" might be better since it aligns with the etymology of her profession:
Plus she looks like a "hunter" or sorts with that mega gun.

Of course, we could always just go with Levi-tan.

Agreed, though if she had let her hair down instead of keeping it in pigtails the whole game it would really have been hard not to choose here

I can see it now - "Welcome to the gang, Cunt."

I like it

I'm guessing #4 is official art, yes?
I'm surprised that didn't show up once in the game, not even for relationship path.

that's a hearty kek my friend

So a way I found out to make good xp was mementos and not using the navigation to a saferoom. Just start from the beginning of the dungeon/palace and go up to the boss.

Also you get lots of cash too. So working or something becomes meaningless.

I always had max money from confusable bosses, with gallows I didn't give a shit about levels either. Then when the flu season happened I let the reaper an hero and was 99 in about an hour.

Actually I think it's just a good shop. Agreed, though. It should have been in the game.

On a side note I like to thin Ann would grow into an Okusan type of wife.

not really my type but okusan sure is a sweet heart

I started this but im too fucking lazy to finish it.

That's more how it would play out, honestly

Cunt or Dominatrix, i dont know

THE CLOTHES WENT AWAY BECAUSE THEY LEFT THE METAVERSE
BEING IN THE CASINO'S VICINITY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AKECHI RUSE
THIS HAS BEEN EXPLAINED TO YOU MULTIPLE TIMES, IN THE GAME AND IN THIS THREAD
YOU ARE RETARDED AND AUTISTIC

Also you have shit taste, Ryuji is the best of the 'bro' archetype Persona party members.

Honestly, the story was completely fine. I had only two real issues with it. The major problem being the poor handling of Akechi. I don't know if they just ran out of time and had to strip his role down or what, but he was clearly set up in the beginning to be more of a foil to Joker than just a crazy guy. I had expected them to do a sort of law vs. chaos thing with Akechi (using the Metaverse to gather information on criminals and convict them in reality) vs. Joker (use the Metaverse to force criminals to have a change of heart and confess their crimes), with a discussion on means vs. ends and whatnot, which I think would have been a lot more interesting than what we got.

The other, more minor problem I had was just that the final boss was handled poorly. The narrative with the last dungeon was fine, but it wasn't really necessary to shoehorn in the Holy Grail and everything. They could've just used Shido to drive the Sloth point home as well, seeing as he was set up nearly the entire game as the final villain. I think it would have been more emotionally engaging than some random 'god' we had no exposure to before the last few hours of the game.

is marie supposed to say all those retarded jumbled sentences in the original translation or is that some translator "quirkyness"?

It's an accurate translation. People don't realize the "funny" that NuAtlus brings to the table even in Japan and blame Atlus USA for foul-ups. No, it is that embarrassing.

THEN HOW DID THEY PULL OFF THE AKECHI RUSE SMART ASS?! THEY NEEDED TO BE IN THE METAVERSE TO PULL IT OFF TO EFFECT THEIR COGNITION
RAAAAAAAAAAA

the clothes appear when both conditions are met
A) you're in the metaverse
and
B) you are seen as an "enemy" or "intruder" by the shadows/palace, someone who "shouldn't be there"

both Akira and Goro were meant to be where they were in the interrogation room, so when sae shows pancakeman the phone, he moves into the metaverse unaware and his clothes don't appear because he's part of that place, as is Akira in that specific moment because he was a "prisoner".

why are we still arguing about this?

ryuji is top tier

huh, alright then. i can understand the dialogue being reddit-tier but im actually fine with it as long as its loyal to the source material.
ie: if the source was reddit tier, then let the translation be reddit tier too, and in the next game well, maybe put in a complaint or two to get better writing.

NO ONE NEEDED TO BE IN THE METAVERSE OTHER THAN AKECHI YOU SILLY MAN
THEY MOVED AKECHI INTO THE METAVERSE AND HAD HIM KILL A SHADOW VERSION OF JOKER (NOT JOKER'S UNIQUE SHADOW BUT SOMEONE ELSE'S COGNITION OF HIM) TO FOOL HIM INTO THINKING HE KILLED THE REAL ONE
NO ONE WAS IN THE METAVERSE EXCEPT AKECHI

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's actually simply than that, his thief clothes don't show up because he isn't in a Palace at all. The police station is outside of Sae's Palace (the courthouse).

This is truth.

so speaking of P4G, whats the point of the scooter? is it a new SL or what?

I cut him some slack at the beginning because his beef with Kamoshida is pretty justified but then he goes on a neverending sperg spree of being, at best, a nuisance and, most of the time, a liability. Is a insatiable attention whore, constantly undermines the MC as a leader, triggers cats and I'm surprised Makoto hasn't asked us to vote him out of the group (that said, I don't like how EVERYONE gives Ryuuji shit).
I'll take the Emperor fags any day. At least Kanji and Yusuke always have the MC's back and never try any borderline coup shit.

Just managed to clear the space station in one sitting but that was a very close call. Everyone left without any SP and a lot of health lost. The damn place is crawling with enemies that either resist or negate physical damage and the most popular weaknesses are Psy and Nuke. Fortunately, a lot are weak to gun fire too.

I should specify, by 'bro' characters I was referring to the male party members that join you first thing in 3/4/5, Junpei/Yosuke/Ryuuji. I'll agree that Ryuuji can be annoying sometimes during the main story, but he's infinitely better than Yosuke and slightly edges out Junpei due to Junpei being somewhat whiny during much of 3. I also rather liked Ryuuji's SLink, where he's a lot more mature than the rest of the game has him.

the lesson is, don't offer people to hit you as a choice.

Its time to break the law

No. It is forced on you for one event, but it is just more optional shit that doesn't matter.

yeah i just finished the "event"

eh. i suppose it was worth it a little, that was a bit funny.

It gives you access to more stuff, most importantly, the costume store

And the coffee shop that gives you skill cards.

I forgot about that, haven't had the chance to play Golden in a long time, had to sell my vita to make rent a long time ago(I kept the few games I had for it though(

The vita was a good console. I wish i had more money to get all the games i wanted for it. I had to sell it because i used it so much the left stick was drifting. I had 240 hours on p4g.

im 30 hours in and my neck is fucking killing me already

I manged. I also had about 70 hours in dungeon travelers 2, 200 in MHFU, about 150 in issac, 60 in disgaea 4, and 200 in p3p. Best 300 is spent on a console.

WELL THAT MAKES MORE SENSE THEN I AM SORRY FOR NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE STUPID AND BADLY SET-UP NARRATIVE-BREAKING TWIST BUT THIS PART OF IT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Touche, user. Well played indeed.

Anons stop. Your taste can only get so bad before your tongue literally carries the flavor of feces.

Ryuji is terrible, as he said
Ryuji was a knock-off Kanji without the unique character story of trying to break away from society brainwashing him into being a fruit. Everything about Ryuji screams "let's do that again but LOUDER!"

That's a lot of names, user. Good thing you have Best Girl on there.
You are going to choose Best Girl, right?

>tfw Rise, who genuinely likes you, is forced to watch you the whole time

at least ryuji isn't GAY

Kanji's just not good with women. In P4, who can blame him?

ryuji > gayman

Liability and Loud Mouth < best friend in P4

Liability and Loud Mouth > Liability and Loud Mouth in your ass, you prancing lala homo

Anyone else see connections with girls named Makoto?

Going to wear the ring the whole game now.

I also wore the Hawaii present the entire game after getting it. You are a good person.

SMT Nocturne. I just got the 250000 macca and the demon says "come back later for some info". Getting down there is a real pain, so when exactly is "later" and is it worth it?

come to sleep, joker

I went through the whole game with out ever starting the empress link once. it comes way too late and by that point there was other links more important

It's part of a side quest to get a key so you can go further into the Kalpas.

I wore the Tiki Keychain for like 80% or more of the rest of the game when I got it from Makoto. One of the best gears in the game providing +5 to MAG and END, and something I only took off when I was trying to replenish SP through Invigorate Patches.

I'm still rather fanny flim-flammed I didn't get to spend time with her in Hawaii despite the fact that she was at rank 9 and I already made my feelings clear, so to speak.
Ended up spending it with Hifumi which was nice too. Not gonna cheat though, they're both too good to be the side girl. That's where Ichiko comes in. :^)

Been meaning to ask - have you been bothering to do laundry and make lockpicks? Besides doing tools in the day we send the card, I've been fully neglecting that shit. Laundry in particular since doing that shit gives no attribute boost (apparently, MC is the only jackass on the planet that doesn't take a book with him). I've also fully missed out on the pyramid's locked treasures but I have the impression these re-appear in the Memento that repeats that Palace's enemies and treasure.
That said, I'm already set to do the Eternal Lockpick (had to farm Anubis in Mementos though).

You can actually get Kawakami to do your laundry, make coffee, make curry, make thief tools, and so forth just by doing her Confidante route. Kind of begs the question what she thinks of you before Rank 10 when you have her make Thief Tools though…

I personally only really made Thief Tools on the day of the Calling Card or in class (ended up getting two Eternal Lockpicks that way because of 1337 skills). Laundry eats up a full night period, so Kawakami doing it for you tends to be the better option, even at the 5000 yen price tag.

I'm starting to feel like a complete jackass because I completely missed out on her actual services. I thought the prompts would appear when she came by but nothing. Oh well, her rank 10 service is the one that actually matters, anyway.
Also, I'm almost certain I'll be leaving a ton of confidants undone. I've 20 days to steal Okumura's heart (gotta send the card) and most of the party is at R6, all locked behind a attribute requirement, Futaba locked at R1 (need Kindness), Rusty at R3 because his fuckin' S.Link takes a million years to rank up, gonna start GET SMOKED! now (just learned it's locked behind a Memento request) and I guess that's about it. Everyone feels very far behind while the game seems like it's about to end in a couple of months of useful time.

Nicely done, user

Building a harem is not cheating, user

with you?

of course~

The game is starting to enter the point where I can go full fusion 'tism now that there's Personae with assorted affinity related passive skills.

Also got pretty lucky with my first public execution - ditched a Setanta and got a Ose.
And got my first botched fusion; I didn't understand why the hell I couldn't skip the cutscene until I see the guillotine blade stop halfway through and one of the wardens pulls out a chainsaw to finish the job.

That's where the fucking key is? God dammit.

I wanted to give you better photos, but my tv screen and camera sucks, also looks like I need to train more

Whats the meaning of this?

Well, it's part of a chain of sorts. I think you have to hit the locked door in the kalpas, talk to someone to trigger the appropriate flags, maybe kill Beelzebub so that miasma stops destroying your HP, talk to the demon at the end of that spiral corridor with the end level monsters, and maybe some other things.

I think you also have to go back to Nyx's bar or something. It's really annoying.

One of the best Persona unlockable for one of the best waifus.

Agreed.
Next thread should be Makoto Edition if OP hasn't made one yet
Bonus points if he puts her ass in the front pic

Finally punched my Confidante card. I was surprised that she figured it out and brought it up.

The bit that irks me is that MC never says a word of what happened to him. Even just saying he crossed a very influential asshole would be enough.
Anyway, it was a very interesting S-Link given you see her change in attitude from a sexual jew to a legitimately caring person.

I wore the ring for the rest of the game as well
Why would you not?

making the new thread

here