Powerful gunshot sfx

How is this not considered as the best FPS game ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html#Guns
gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_id=23742&page=2&sec_id=11&offset=-420
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because most anons these days were still in diapers when it was made.

Objectively autistic.

post link

So was Doom and Quake, yet people pretend like they're the shit. Doom's 2D sprites are boring and Quake's gore sucked big time.

/k/ would be more into boring shit like STALKER and ARMA despite the nonexistant gore and unresponsive enemies because muh realistic guns.

Because the level design was a corridor simulator and the ai could be easily ran past on every difficulty. Why is it every one of these le old school pc goyim games is either heavily flawed or just outright shit? You know the more you attempt to hype this shit up as something special the heavier it'll be scrutinized, right?

Nigger where do you think you are?

Stalker is boring shit.

Nice shit taste you have there.

GTA IV.
Many other tactical FPS.
Doom and the first game.
Doom and the first game.

Besides those four factors don't make the game good just because muh realism and comic gore.

Dubs thread.

These are 2 different things.

Well, it is too difficult for most console plebs.

I'm sure you only play enlightened shooters like COD and Halo.

Be careful user, you've awoken the Bear!

The random mission generator was pretty decent too. Pretty much pure gameplay and some great hectic multiplayer.

Bad taste faggot, go back to your QTEs

Well, they aren't very open ended, but there's a lot of diverse area.

More like 2 variations of flat 2D gore, one is a shapeless gibs.

They make it fun.

So, STALKER?

You have to be 18 to post here.

STALKER has unsatisfying gunplay.

Try not playing on easy.

I've finished the game with every difficulty but easy noob.

You need to be 18 to post here.

Okay, how about I call you cuck instead?

I would say that you need to wait another six years.

u wot?

memeing the game as if it was any good in the first place was the biggest mistake

Reminder to filter ID hopping goons trying to shit up the board.

You play your Call of Duties on normal and pretend it's not easy mode either?

And why would you even finish a long ass game you hate? Do you also hate yourself?

Why do you keep repeating this? Is this some reddit term?

SoF2 wasn't much good.
SoF1 was better.

I think it was a bit too realistic for the time - and so didn't become so popular.
I remember finding parts of it unsettling, despite having played hundreds of other games and seen all kinds of horror films.
The stomach opening up and the innards coming out, the hostages begging and being executed, bones poking out and so on.

Not surprising it wasn't repeated - but it was very impressive at the time, a step forward in tech. Throwing knives were good too.
I forget the name of the hit detection system. Likely a millenial will look on kikipedia for it.

I'm not autistic.

I don't hate it, I only hate the gunplay. Tried to mod it and realized that it's shit beyond saving.

I agree.
Though most of these inept faggots seem to swallow whatever shit they are fed.

Stalker had a nice idea, but it was extremely repetitive and flavourless.
"getoutofherestalker"
"getoutofherestalker"

It was just a standard classical shooter like Turok and Unreal, only with better gore. I think SoF2's slower approach makes every encounter feel more meaningful and gives you more time to appreciate the gore.

You don't play it on master because it's so hard it makes you 1337 or some shit, it's because the difficulty is fucked and it's the only way the gunplay is actually fun.
Which you would know if you knew anything about the game.

At the end of the day, what the game does best, and is remembered for, is atmosphere.
You deal with the occasional bug, clunky gun and inventory management because it provides a truly memorable experience in a world where almost every shooter is a bland, linear, extremely easy, COD ripoff.
Shit, horror games that arn't Amnesia clones basically don't get released anymore, or the tension instantly dissapears the moment you get a gun (RE7 notably).

Very meaningful distinction you have there.

No. You'll have to extract the ltx files and modify the damage of every gun, also to get rid of the damage reduction. Having been modding Stalker, I'm actually skeptical that master difficulty changes your gun handling in any way, the enemies are just more likely to hit you.

It's a shit game with distinct personality. The devs have zero grasp of the basic fundamentals of game design, but they made it with love.

Well now I know you haven't played it on anything harder than easy. Unless you're just retarded and can't notice the difference.

Damage reduction? What are you even talking about? The difficulty changes the chance a bullet has to hit (both on player and npcs).
You went through the trouble of personally modding the guns when there's shitloads of mods that do it for you and you call other people autistic for playing on master?

Fuck man, I played each of the games once and I know this shit.

From the guy who created ZRP:
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html#Guns

gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&thm_id=23742&page=2&sec_id=11&offset=-420

Or maybe you're just delusional, because the facts say the otherwise.

Yeah that mod maker seems highly questionable, he keeps talking about how everyone else in the modding community believes it also changes accuracy, and his explanation for people noticing major differences with mods that fix this is that it's just placebo.
He just keeps talking about his "proof" how it's not in some .ini, but that doesn't mean it's not simply hardcoded or hid away in some obscure location.

Second link is just a discussion on a forum, just because some guy on a forum agrees with you doesn't make it so.

Note taken, but I don't think that they are all goons. Most of them are cuckchan refugees, i've seen them spamming their cuckchab discords before and crosspostingm

Reminder to filter this faggot every time you see him.

Like fucking clockwork

I need solid proof.

Clive Barker's Jericho is now the best game ever made.

wrong.

Multiplayer was great too, a shame I can't get the game to fucking run anymore.

Come on man.

You can't even fucking edit correctly.

This has to be bait.

The sounds are so awful and they clip over one another, I'm so glad games don't do that shit anymore. I forgot how bad the animations were and how utterly pointless the dismemberment system was.

Wtf kind of meth induced nostalgia goggles are you running there user?

How did the original have better animations?

this is how much of a shill you are

Low energy.

Isn't the first game free now or something.

Because Holla Forums is made of self-hating normalfags, who learn their gaming history from Top 10s. This place is swamped with marketers no less than reddit, but idiots drop their guard here thinking it's le sekrit club.

holy shit this is awful

I didn't like the stealth missions. Once you got caught, it turned into Serious Sam with aimbots. Still a good game though. Music was pretty awesome too.

I came here to laugh at how shitty your edit is.

Yes and it's awesome. Google Soldier of Fortune Community Edition. 6.2 is the latest but needs a forum account to download and it actually failed to install last I tried, downloaded 6.1 off theisozone.com instead.

I don't particularly care about gore anymore, I've seen so much of it I don't care that much.

I fucking love this game and have recently been looking into finding a way to make my own resources for it. I want to design my own character models for the game and insert new audio to change the story. I mostly just want to take that one mission Kamchatka and turn it into a story of sabotaging the israel nuclear program.

I think gore done right adds a lot to a game.

Gore is hugely important in an FPS because that way your weapons feel real. I love games that have cutom gore depending on weapon used.

Yes, yes Shill-kun graphics are more important then gameplay.

I didnt pretend i was different people dude, i have an id. Nobody said graphics are greater than gameplay either thats you putting words in peoples posts

What gore?

People I've seen on youtube are too stupid to do this as well.

It's an id Tech 3 game, the engine had no support for ragdoll physics. It's the modelling that matters. Head and limbs have several destructible points instead of only one, amputation leaves shredded flesh and bones, wound size depends on the gun you're using, and blood textures look better than most games made today.

What engine do you use? Looking forward to it.

He's right you know.
STALKER is the most overrated piece of shit I've ever seen. I'm willing to bet the only ones who think it's good are delusional slavaboos who only like it because of the memes.

STALKER is for roleplaying as tacticool khokhol.

It's okay

Wait, it's not?

The only widely played FPS that depicts realistically firearm handling is Red Orchestra (and they managed to cock it up in RO2).
Fixed camera with 3d ironsight when aiming, large freeaim rectangle tied with the firearm model with the firearm moving a bit faster than the camera in normal mode.

The one that did the most realistic is an Hl² mod called "Resistance and Liberation", with 3 positions of aiming: "normal"->"contact"->"precision".
The two first have dead zones, the last one the camera is fixed.

😳

The more /k/ the game, the better it is, faggot.

The guns were crap and arcadey as fuck

Movement was floaty

Enemy AI poor

Level design poor

Plot didn't even exist.

Easiest GOTYAY ever to make, yet retards just want to clone cawwduddley and gayoshock

You just went full retard.

you mean Crysis world/map design

Crysis physics too, of course '3'

oh, and also the perfect SDK that Crysis had bonus points if the game's corporate overlords don't nuke the game's modding site two years after release to stop the game's console sequel from having to compete with mods

As opposed to?
If you turned off the weapon innacurate option, most of the kickback would be camera moving upward, not your bullets going all over the place.

Only for stealth, which is admittedly shit and out of place in this game.

Who needs plot when you got John Mullins, the best FPS game character in existence.

FEAR AI maybe. The gunplay is shit.

I dunno, I disliked the faux open world thing.

How the fuck is this not replicated

I remember that too. I was really surprised.

Please explain.

Slavholes are dull and boring. Stalker is dull and boring.

Well then go play Overwatch or LoL, it's full of colors and explosions and wacky humor and powy wowy zowy!!!

I'll take F.E.A.R. everything, thank you very much.
The lighting is sublime, the atmosphere is right my ass (without any disrespect to STALKER, but I can't get enough of 90's-early2000's offices and construction sites), gore is there, not to the extent of SoF, but still immensely satisfying.

I'm not shitting on your idea, that would be the GOD of fps, but I just want another good F.E.A.R. game.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/ovens/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/out/
>>>/halfchan/
>>>/anywherebuthere/

couldn't have done better myself, but I did

Literally gay.

dubs

Le Exploding Cancer Colon Man xD

Because the first one is better lmao

SOF hasn't aged well at all and the repeating animations just looks bad now, but its a shame no one has tried to make a good gore engine again. I find it a real downer when i play a shooter and theres no good effects for shooting dudes

Tripwire tried with KF2. It isn't half bad, actually, zeds get chopped pretty satisfyingly with a coach gun to the guts.

the gore feels flaccid, frankly there's 5th gen games in all their untextured, jittery polygonal glory that have more satisfying gore even if it's just a simple particle emitter that shoots out red squares for blood and spins around a chunk of meat in one direction before it lands on the ground.

those are better and more satisfying than the flaccid, unsatisfying details in kf2.

Physx adds nothing but buggiest blood I've seen in a long while.