Dominions 4: Ressurection edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a history teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

If you have a hard on for history, and mythology and want to pretend to be a god leading your followers into apocalyptic wars this is the game for you!

Join the 8ch/domg/ Discord; we will screen you initially upon joining, just PM Booty Loving Pirates, Gone Fishing, Hog Rider, or Aceron to be promoted to the chat.

discord.gg/5Wj6De3

dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed) (embed)

jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.

larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

For testing battle formations and spells

dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

CURRENT GAMES
We blitz on the regular, and are now hosting long term direct connect games after everyone generally agreed that PBEM was frustrating and crap.

Anyone who is new and wants to get in on a multiplayer game is encouraged to blitz to get some practice in, and just have a good time.

First year is almost over, and everyone is bemoaning the map is just a bit too small, early wars are starting everywhere. What's going to happen next?

The New kids vs the Old Kids; Team Berytos and Team Helheim battle for supremacy over the northern channel, while the old blood in team Mictlan and team Vanheim battle for the right to stomp the new guys, it's still anyones game at this point except for Team Rlyeh who's team mates turned out to be a couple of wussy faggots and abandoned him, or maybe he'll nuke the world and get the last laugh, only time will tell.

Other urls found in this thread:

illwinter.com/floorplan/
youtube.com/watch?v=BzXktf_tXv0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This thread is shit. Posting best Snake

kek

Nah m8

Muh clique. Day of the pitchfork soon.

It had to be done because bronies from another dominions discord were trying to shit up the discord.

No one wanted it to be this way, but unfortunately faggots are always going to be faggots.

It's not like you have to jump through some ridiculous hoops, if simply pming someone to see the main chat is too much for you, then you probably were a spammer anyway.

But what if I m already inside

Then we got a problem, dork.

You niggers need to get some conversation going about the game and shit. Talk about possible thugs and SC's you've made.

I'm trying to figure out thugs for MA Nazca, i have bane lords, but after that, i ahve nothing.

I'd hesitate to use Banelords, they're vulnerablr to priests and so are your main free troops. How about some way of taking advantage of the Worm mages immortality?

I prefer to just use regular Banes they're cheaper and do the same thing. you just can't count on them to fight armies like some people do.

Bane Lords just have more hp the way I see it

I wanna shove my arm up an enkidu's snatch.

Right now, i'm able to summon ether lords, but they cost a lot of astral. Probably the first real thug i can employ will be flame spirits, as the inca's will be the main mage i will be summonsing mid game after my second mage factory is up. Banes will still be my early thugs, as i need a unit with a vine shield to tie up enemies and able to take punishment.

I can also potentially get dracionian chiefs, but i would mostly be using him to either be generating dracionian, or ferrying troops around. He dosn't seem like thug material, but i need to look into him more.

Either way, no real national thugs to take pain, only other stuff

Shit taste, to be honest

Don't be like that, we can all be friends.

You'd need to empower a worm mage for that, which actually isn't the worst use of fire gems but if you've got F/N it's better to just shit out fire ants.
Though I might be biased since I fucking love fire ants

I don't get this. Most high-level mage summons strike me as awfully disproportionate in cost and research to what you get.

they have beards dude.

New program from Illwinter
illwinter.com/floorplan/

That dark spot under her face is her neck.

That's /tg/ software.

An immortal with a 75% chance to just show up somewhere else in the same battle when killed and shits out beetles every turn is pretty fucking nice for 30 gems, and that's even before he starts casting.

The immortal I didn't know, nor did I know the in-battle rez stuff either. The cost is so prohibitive that the game really should let you view their stats beforehand to make an educated judgement.

In-game nigger, in-game.

Usually, high level summons got randomly good shit for what they are. Like the ether gat, gives you guys that excel at killing magic unit types, and a proper SC with good magic paths.

I agree. It's something Illwinter should work on, at least. We shouldn't have to need to experiment or resort to 3rd party tools to get a basic cost-benefit analysis.

I see it more as a more of a want, to make something complicated simple, but not really needed in the grand scheme of things. I would rather they worked on more things that effect in game, not out of game preparing.

How many wolfs is good enough to take out an army of a hundered regualr footman for tien chi?

Depends how buffed they are, but you'll need a lot of wolves regardless.

I'm thinking, if a hundred footmen with no buffs, each footman would be about the worth of 3 or 5 wolves

So about 300 wolfs? or 500 wolfs? so if you want to summon them, for 300 wolfs, you would need about 60 nature gems. It would be interesting.

How the hell do I get death gems? is there a different mechanic other than searching for magic shit in conquered provinces? i'm on like turn 50 at least, conquered 3/4ths of the map, have 100+ of every other gem but I can't find any death gems.

You can use the site searching spell, and you could use alchemy to change other gems to death gems.

But if your making a shit load of other gems, why not just empower your guys or some shit?

Let's brainstorm together what a nation influenced by the Ottoman Empire might look like.

There is so much potential. There has always been Steppe Nomads taking over a region and establishing an Empire, but arguably none as powerful and especially longlasting like the Ottoman Empire.

What should the "totally not Janissaries" be like? Should they have a lore similar to ancestor spirits to emphasize the indoctrination they must have experienced?
Should they be possessed?

Give me your ideas.

>>>/cuckchan/

Mindless slaves. We also already have a religion of peace mod in the works, so we got enough mudslime for now.

The Ottomans and the concept of Steppe Nomads who succesfully conquered much territory becoming civilized overtime is so much more interesting than "hur dur mudslimes. sandnigger, religion of peas".

The Ottomans wouldn't necessarily even fit in the game because they typically were relevant long after the game's time frame, with their rise ending squarely in the 13th century, where gunpowder was starting to be commonly used. All EA, MA, and LA nations don't use gunpowder weaponry, which was a large factor with the Ottomans. This on top of us already getting a dune coon mod makes the Ottomans a very poor fit overall, requiring a fuckhueg amount of artistic liberty in order to fit. While the concept of a slowly growing civilized nation is interesting, it's already been done. With Ulm, as well as Pan.

Who cares?

It's about what they represent. Look at the Medes for an ancient example of a steppe horde taking over an area traditonally hold by another Empire.

Many such cases!

It's not about fucking muslims. By Mohammed (PBUH), stop going on about muh Muslimes.

IT'S ABOUT STEPPE WARRIORS CREATING A GIANT MULITCULTURAL EMPIRE!

Shut you fucking mouth, you idiot. How many times do I have to tell you this? What is so diffcult to understand? I keep and keep repeating this and now you show me that you didn't understand anything?

It's not about a slowly growing civlited nation. Jesus. The Steppe Nomads didn't civilize in their steppe territories, you stupid asshole.
THEY WENT OUT AND CONQUERED. They often were reverse-assimilated into culture of the ones they dominated.

You stupid Nigger, fucking listen to me.

Nigger just face it, your Ottoman dream empire isn't gonna fit in the game unless they make several other nations to fit with it.
Do you even play nigger?

I don't like people who always tell me how something can't be done.

Tell me in actual words how Ulm and the kind of concept I am going on about is even remotely similar and give me a very good excuse how you can mix up these things.

There's also Tien if you really want your multicultural shit, considering you want barbarian nomads and not shit like Ragha.

Now we are actually talking.

No. Remember how the point was about a foreign warrior caste of people who conquer civlizations who are more advanced, but who couldn't compete with the martial prowess of these more "barbaric" people, but because of their High Culture managed to civilize their conquerors?

How is that similar to a group of people who stay the same culture, people, but just advance technologically basically?

They pushed back the mongols, so maybe have them able to recruit simple archer horses or some shit during EA.

Why is it you have such a massive boner for multiculturalism anyways? It's not like Islam has shit-tier folklore which would make for next to no summons/spells/sacreds because most of it directly intersect with Chrstianity or other Arabic systems of belief like Zoroastrianism, which is Caelum's domain.

Damn i missed you guys

Ulm comes across as more Mongolian too me, you know with composite bows instead of crossbows, at through the first two eras

They're Germans/Swiss who start off as their savage goth counterparts until they hit HRE glory.

Been a while since I've played this game though. How's sum1mod coming along? Is the playing field a bit more even now?

I just wish that EA Ulm could get ancesteral spirits like LA Tien Chi.

It was for mostly there mages, as they are from the shamans and shit. BUt i see your point

You're new, huh?

I've been thinking of making some OC for either flywhere you go, or the old vs new. Any memorable battles? or shit that happened that should be remebered?

I'd say you only need at most twice as many wolves as they have footmen, especially if you have the research and mages to drop buffs.
On top of that, 300 wolves will eat up 300 supplies, so unless you're marching them across unbroken farmlands they'll probably starve and sink their morale through the floor.

The fucking hellgates opening.

All the world events really
Shit's a fucking gold mine for OC.

Meanwhile R'lyeh just chills in the background because none of that shit can touch water.

I still can't believe some dipshit opened the gate. Hopefully they don't have the second and third gates too

Well, won't affect me one bit. :^)

That's too bad, so far the gate being open has been a pretty nice for me. Blood magic boosts, free units, free PD, province income boosts, etc.

Yeah, fucked around with them last night. Throwing 300 at like 20 dudes is not worth it. Funny, but ht gems could be put else wehre

Shit, ment like 80

C'Tis question: Are poison toads viable? I want to play them, badly, because big poisonous toads are awesome, but with the gem cost I have kept away from really messing with them.

If you mean Monstrous Toads, I have never gotten them to work. Most frogs/toads are pretty shit, as far as I can tell.

What are the most unique nations and strategies one can do?

The only use of toads I've seen that even began to approach effectiveness was a mictlan player who used them as HP batteries for a blood major bless, but blood isn't very good on C'tis since they have zero blood scrubs.
You're better off spending the points and gems on things Ctis is actually good at, like giving everyone cancer or calling up undead shit.

Too bad, so sad. I think that they are useful for their poison cloud but their numbers just don't match up to their cost to me in any other way.

Everyone post their favourite level/map

Anyone want to use the lyrics of this song to post in chat when they play Hinnom?

youtube.com/watch?v=BzXktf_tXv0

A few months ago I translated it somewhat, but no one picked up on it.

How about no

this is why america needs to die tbh

pls

Any new games starting soon?

I can play the Black ICE mod of Hearts of Iron 3 just fine but I can't understand this game at all.

Just read the manual user
It has a lot of the information

Its almost like you don't know how to have fun

They dont do that kind of stuff because Illwinter wants it to remain a game not a competition.

Hey guys what do you think of my new pretender?

You do not understand fun.

Nigger.

Probably if i get off my fat ass to make the jomon map, we'll have have a jomon game going.

That could be awhile tho.

Hey guys what do you think of this cool comic?

Is he for something other than Abysia?

Does he have a chest? or are his only body parts his arms and legs?

It's a bird with a man's head and arms under the wings, but the talons are replaced with a sun.

I'm thinking more for hit detection, thats all

But how will I meme?

Also you faggots still blitz on weekends?

We blitz like everyday, but we try to do everyweekend. We should post in the thread for the weekend ones tho

Play C'tis. Use Ammit. There's your meme god.

NIce

The memes are all I have now user

I played ulm and went dwarf autist crafter. I Just kept shitting out blacksmiths each turn and had them research if they weren't making shit. Iron dragons tear some serious ass apart, I brought them bitches underwater with me too.

Nothing wrong with memeing. You play how you like, cause at the end of the day, it matters if you ahve fun or not. Next time we blitz, you should go kek, and just make jagour toads and shit. Would be fun, and fill out that meme urge. You should look into exploding jihab memes.

what nation lets me play as pic related?

I was actually messing around with machaka and noticed I could spit out like 100 pygmies a turn after I got some income, I wanna see of the welfare blitz is viable, and if not, how funny it can be. I'm sure there is some cheap magic to make my fodder into the scourge of the first of the month.

Ummm, i think the ape nation gets monkey's riding elephants, so you can play as them if you want

Monkeys can ride tigers in MA

Get a mage that can cast flaming arrows and it could work very well

I know with earth 2, you can cast iron warriors, boosting there prot to 20, so you could try that. But that requires alteration 5.

Really, anything from nature and earth will make the fuckers tougher, and if you have water 2, you can cast quickness on some of them. See if you can fuck around with those.

Jotunheim has goblins riding wolves and goblins riding moose.

wanted to call you a lair, but I looked it up and they actually do have that

Im looking into nature now, maybe some giant pygmies, which mounts to slightly taller than normal guys, but there has to be a way to make it work. Also machaka has some nice access to magic.

Well, I am not sure how becoming a domicile would be involved with honesty.
Thanks though.

because I would invite you into my lair and do lewd things with you if it turned out you lied to me, user

how to water breath/cross fucking water. I can't seem to find the spell.

Thetis' Blessing, global.

The thing with enlarging your guys is, that for little guys, it dosn't really help them as they lose there advantage of being small. with six guys in a square becoming 3, your chances of hitting your enemy goes down. Enlarge your bigger guys to stop meduim tramplers. Maybe look at the spells that improve there prot, as pygmies can be rushed out, but have shit protection. If they can get 20 prot, those niggers would become scary

Nigger

Do it.

There's nothing more fun than ending the furries, Deus Vult!

I bet you faggots play those winged cunts
You know, Caelum, the "We Wuz Kings" guys with a fetish for ice

No, I only play MA Ulm because playing anything other than pure human is degenerate.

The only true enlightenment is knowing that faith and magic is unreliable. Only armies and iron will win.

at least you're half right

Its the first one i could find and there weren't any others without it
Pretty sure i saw a 9gag one as well

Maybe you should lurk moar and you won't have to rush off to google images every time you need a may-may picture.

I've actually got one saved somewhere in my tg image folder
Unfortunately since I've only been actually naming the things in the past 4 years, around 40000 images are still unnamed which means i can't find anything for shit since last decade
Also i didn't use google
what i mean was i found a few of them after 5 minutes of scrolling and this was the largest resolution of the ones i had
I also found one that wasn't corrupted but it was for ants

One of my favorite gimmicks is playing MA ermor, summoning a wraith lord, prophet-ing him, making him stupid strong with wish and the monolith armor and letting him take whole armies out.

Also, legion of wights OP

I forgot the forbidden light AND the ark on him at the same time. Un-fucking stoppable.

How the fuck do you deal with this shit in multiplayer? Priests? That being said, drowning my enemies in a horde of undead is metal as fuck.

Yeah priest will fuck Ermor up easy. You'll need to up your priest for protection of and power of the sphincter. Late game the basic undeads are pretty useless so you have to rely on summons.

One day i'll play ermor, but not any time soon.

You misread.
If you're spamming centaurs as Asspoodle, you are doing it wrong.

Priests and getting rushed, especially if it's by Pangea with all their mages shitting out supply boosters

SA is, unfortunately, the single biggest Dominions 4 community on the internet.

I've got 1000+, and will probably have 2000 soon, and I've still not played them.
Not even in SP.

skeletons just aren't my thing. I can see there importance, how they can be handy. I just perfer the living

Ashdod's skeles are fun because they are giant and horned, with armor most the time

Fuck that

SO TODAY IS SATURDAY

WE HAVE A BLITZ IN LIKE 8 HOURS. COME JOIN US FOR SOME SHINANIGANS.

So what would everyone think if I made an early age to late age nation based off Poland/central-eastern Europe? They'd start off as a group of lightning/death magic casting savages with a small focus on mounted units. Once middle age pops up their focus shifts towards sacreds a bit more while their magic falls off, fire magic becomes more prevalent while death starts to be less common. Finally they'd become a nation that focuses heavily on cavalry and priests, becoming a sorta less bless heavy Mictlan on horseback with less or perhaps no blood magic. I'm thinking a bit of blood influence due to the fact Ulm is next door and vampires also originally started in central Europe.

Go for it man. Will you make the sprites?

raven feast

You won me over easily. How much more do you have to complete

Not my mod. It's a 3 era Polish-inspired mod nation called Lachy. For Dominions 3. Would be simple enough to update for Dominions 4. Simple, not fast. It's a big mod. Get it off llamaserver if you want a Polish mod, or pre-made assets to work from.

I'm working on another project right now but if no one ports it over before I'm done I could update it for dominions 4. Maybe even fix some issues if I see any. Looks really good from the sprites alone though.

Which nation lets me be the vampire?

LA Ulm gets cheap access to the vampire queen pretender, and a national spell that summons vampire counts, though anyone with blood and death can get normal vampires.
They aren't that great though, since immortality only works in your dominion, and immortals drop any magic items they have when they die

ah, thank you

Conquest of Elysium has better vampires. they still drop their equipment when they die but they can resurrect no matter where they die and always have a 1-9(+6) damage great sword even if they die. With the balance mod too they become real freaks that can tear apart entire armies. Pic related, and not even a count did it.

Kill me

HOw do you save the map images from a COE map? We could make it into a dom maps if there any good.

To crush false pretenders is my wish, Lazy Fish!

Whatever happened to demos Holla Forums? If I want to try a game now to see if I like it, I have to download it and from that decide if the devs deserve my money or not.. Is there no other way?

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE and demand head slots for catgirls and best snek hound of hades

GIVE KRAKENS HEAD SLOTS!!!!!