Corpse Party Thread

archive.is/C7plv

Are you hyped that Corpse Party 2 has now returned?

What a shame. I haven't gotten around to playing Corpse Party, despite having both the steam version and the 3DS version. I should get started.

Is it still chibi?
Also BLOOD DRIVE IS SHIT

I was gifted the steam version for my birthday. I should really start it.

Oh nice, can a Nip connoiseur provide any info on the quality of the game?
How does it compare to 2?

no thanks

You're missing out

It's a horror game user. It's not supposed to be happy. No one real is dying.

I bet you also hate bullying, you fucking faggot.

Where to start with Corpse Party? The GoG version?

PSP and PC version are basically the same, with slightly different sprites and different VA

Hyped? No. Book of Shadows was the first sign of terminal cancer, and Blood Drive was the funeral.

Never again.

Book of Shadows was fine

I gotta get around to finishing the first then, I guess

What are you a pussy user?

Ayumi did EVERYTHING wrong

Of course.
I wish she would have died instead

That's true. It sure was a great pixel hunt game. With 80% of the stories being spin-offs of Wrong Ends from the previous game, and therefore having no relevance to the plot, 15% being prologues to the first game and having no relevance to the plot, and a single ~20 minute scenario, locked initially and only available after replaying every previous scenario enough to get every single ending, which only serves as a fucking teaser for Blood Drive.

Book of Shadows was shit. It's only redeeming grace is that Blood Drive makes it shine in comparison.

To be fair, she's pretty much dead, too bad the cost was immense

The locked one wasn't an issue for me because i had a CP save on my PSP. Well, i went in knowing it was mostly side-stories and wrong-ends so i knew where i was diving into. Pixel hunting wasn't really that bad as people make it be, generally the stuff you need to get would stand out. Nothing beats missing the fucking notes before meeting Naho in the reference room from the first game though, i was stuck there FOREVER because i saved after entering there without all notes and couldn't figure what was wrong.

She is dead but she hasn't disappeared

Book of Shadows was good, but holy shit, how they managed to fuck up Blood Drive is beyond me.
Regarding presentation, the environment is too simple, like a PSX game and the characters models aren't better. The dynamic shadows cast from the flashlight is nice, but it cripples the frame-rate. The voice acting, though, is top notch as it was in BoS.
Now the plot… Oh God… Secret societies, black magic, world invasion (only Japan), it got too much like a generic anime. I can only recommend to hardcore fans.
I hope CP 2 is better. I played the Rebuilt version first, then Blood Covered and Book of Shadows, I had a blast with all. Then Blood Drive came along and well… no game franchise is forever good.

It was made in the Unity engine, so of course it'll run like shit.

It's not just a matter of the low-poly models. They're chibi. They're fucking cutesy chibi models in a horror game.

There are stories and settings where that can be used effectively and still be unsettling or even outright horrific. This is not that story or setting. The chibi models (even the fucking enemies are cutesy) are vastly out of place for the story being told. It detracts from the entire experience.

Almost as much as the stupid fucking story.

Blaming Unity is like blaming the hammer for a sloppy carpenter job. Indeed, Unity may not be suited to Vita, but the developers could have chosen to not use dynamic shadows in favor of more detailed environments and characters.

Ayumi is the perfect example of how you can destroy the entire world with good intentions. She pissed me off a lot, but I would still fuck her.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you, but chibi was fine for Blood Covered since it's an overhead view and the brain filled the gaps. Now for a 3D presentation it ended up terrible.
Case in point, here's a unsettling CG art and the execution in 3D, look how this potential killer is cute.

I want to hatefuck Ayumi

Fuck me that really IS terrible

Woah woah woah.
When did it come out it 3D?
I still have my fan translated PC-98copy from forever ago.

I know I'm a slowpoke here , but goddamn that looks bad, but yet, it looks better than Mugen Souls.

That's Blood Drive, the newest game on Vita. If you have a PC-98 copy, then you're talking about Blood Covered. Different games.

Oh fucking joy. I just took a moment to attempt to catch up with the remakes/re-releases.

On one hand, I'm glad they brought the series westward.
On the otherhand, like Higurashi- they decided to go full retard.

Time to dust off the 3DS and Vita. Thanks bro.

D-don't

Tell me more.

Can that even be called a horror game anymore? The Brave Little Toaster is more disturbing than chibi low-poly homeless man out in the open with a bit of red on him.

Honestly the games aren't that bad, sure there is some pretty gruesome scenes but they are still enjoyable for some spooks.
Personally I enjoyed the the original PC-9801 version the most, Blood Covered is also enjoyable but I felt some of the forced characters deaths were stupid, Book of Shadows is shit with the only good thing about it being some of the artwork and scenes, it pretty much starts off with a big fuck you and goes downhill from there, and who the fuck cares about Blood Drive, I wouldn't even call it a Corpse Party game it's so shit.

Now the anime on the other hand, fuck that shit, I NOPED fucking hard at what I can only assume was Yuka's death scene and never bothered to finish it because I don't hate myself that much.

Just tried the first Corpse Party and I now can't get that intro music out of my head.

It's a guro eroge.

It's a guro eroge and that's great.

SET SAIL FOR DISSAPOINTMENT

Is that the one where she literally shits her pantsu at the start of the game and does nothing about it?

I played the first one on my PSP, slasher shit for weeaboos with terrible writing (butter up my pooper)

The first game will never live that down, but the rest is fine
i swear

I could not stand Blood Drive because of the horrendous story so I gave it up as soon as chuuni crap started coming in.

I never knew it got worse.

Do you actually find that picture arousing? I would love to see how your brain works, it's clearly not wired right.

>weeb friends tell me I should play corpse party
>weeb friend lets me borrow his copy

I'll never understand the appeal. Always saw threads like this in passing and thought it looked neat, but then I play it and it's just feels like the otaku-pandering-going-though-the-motions nonsense we've all seen before. Shame too, some Jap horror I've seen online has scared the shit out of me, but this was laughably bad.

well gee

Is there a point where a point in the series where the characters are not either trash mii characters or the bland, pandering moe?

That depends on where you draw the line on bland pandering moe. I don't think the original games are pandering but you could reasonably think they're bland, or moe I guess. But seeing cute chinese cartoon girls get violently mutilated was always part of the appeal for me and you just played the worst game in the series to illustrate that point.

No, there's no such thing in the series as far I know.
However, there's Yuka that pees herself since the very first game and has an incestuous love for her older brother.

What?

Tortured Souls Yuka best ending

I just watched Tortured Souls and Yuka barely appears on it and dies anyway, damn. That said, holy shit that was brutal, the ending surprised me.

Will it be good though? After reading about the plot turned batshit and should have ended with the first game, I really dont know.

The biggest problem I had with Corpse Party was how stupid some of the deaths were.

>I did a thing. Then everything went black. Then I heard something. I thought I recognized it. *splat* GAME OVER

I just wish some were skippable after the second time. This game really loves to hammer in the fact you fucked up, especially if you have 0 clue what you're doing.

hello reddit

Pic related is ten times better horror VN than what this garbage claims to be

That game was pretty okay in a shitty sort of way if that makes sense. It got the suspense right but the gore was too over the top.

That's why its good, dumbass
CP should've followed its example

Not over the top in a good way but in a comedic way. I guess it wasn't really trying to be a serious game to begin with but when the masochist Yandere started disemboweling herself and asking the M.C. to fuck her organs I couldn't contain my laughter.

WHAT

The best ending you can get in the game Yandere, masochist girl can't get off on normal abuse anymore so she cuts herself open and plays with her organs begging you to stick your dick in them and you go to prison for fucking a dead girl's organs.

That sounds like one of the most batshit VNs ever made

you mean awesome