archive.is/Uv8f1
LUTHER'S BACK BITCHES

Other urls found in this thread:

psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why!?

Because they're bringing it back
Star Ocean 3.5 soon

Wasn't this the game that everyone hated because of the "It was a simulation DA WHOLE TIME" plot twist?

Also because the gameplay sucks and you spend most of your time in some medieval fantasy world.

Are they adding diapers to this one too?

Wish it had more than just a re-release.

Dual audio? I can't stand English dub anymore.

The year of our lord 2017
It was a game the 4d people were p[laying, and even got addicted to, to the point most 4ds have become neets and society has begun to stagnate because of it
Welch is heavily implied to be a 1337 haxxorz by randomly showing up with a different avatar in every game
Probably because she gets banned for using the 'npcs' for slave labour

It's an awesome game, but when for pc?

FLYING GUILLOTINE
There I just saved you 50 hours

But what if you don't get Nel back
What if instead you get Peppita and Albel

I still find it surprising that the PS4 can't even manage playing PS1 games when every prior system could (be it physically, digitally, or both, depending on the system).

It can definitely handle PS1 games, considering even the fucking PSP could. They just haven't developed/ported their PS1 emulator for some insane reason.

There's literally probably 10 people in the world who would want to play PS1 games on the PS4 in all honestly.

What's more insane is the PS4 genuinely has a working PS2 emulator in it but they locked it down so they can release only a limited amount of games and charge a lot of money for it.

The PS3 has a working PS2 emulator as well. And it's better than the buggy PS4 emulator since it runs at native resolution.

Wouldn't surprise me if the idea has been to find some way to "officially" prevent the previous PS1 PSN rereleases from working with the PS4 (and thus requiring people to repurchase games they'd already bought). At least with the prior PS1 games on the store they could effectively work on the PS3, PSP, and Vita, regardless of system, and you could buy them a single time and put them on/transfer them to other devices as much as you like.

I don't know, PS1 games were pretty popular on the PS3's PSN. Or do you mean a notion of people keeping their PS3s due to lack of backwards compatibility and thus having little reason to urgently need the PS4 to have PS1 games in its store?

What I find worse is that, most likely, the sheer bulk of them are going to be common to find, cheap games that anyone with a PS2 can likely find for a fraction of the cost, leaving the perks for the ones on the PS4 store to be "HD" rescales (or however it works) and trophies for junkies. The rare, expensive games that could most benefit from a cheap digital rerelease option aren't likely to get the treatment, at least in as timely a manner as the best selling titles.

Only certain PS3 models actually have back compat with PS2 games though.
But I think all models do have back compat with PS1 games.

Nope, they all do. The PS2 classics from PSN are emulated and they work on all systems.

Absolute shit, I'm talking about physical with no net connection.

I hated it for the combat, but i stuck with it until the enemies started doing serious MP damage in a game where LOSING ALL YOUR MP KILLS YOU AS IF IT WERE HP. Also you couldn't manually trigger private actions and the whole item creation/patent registration thing was retarded.

Star Ocean 2 was this bizarre shining star where everything was kind of dumb but in an entertaining way and none of the later games captured that feeling.

Physical games would work if Sony didn't lock them out. My point is that they all are capable of directly running PS2 games.

I'm talking about back compat, thats not back compat

I only remember ONE boss that does serious MP damage and then it just doesn't happen anymore.
I thought SO3 was kinda fun tbh

It's exactly the same as running a PS1 game on your PS3. It uses a PS1 emulator rather than PS1 hardware. The only difference is that PS2 discs are arbitrarily locked out, to force you to buy them from PSN.

Pretty sure that for the PSN rereleases those come with an emulator specifically to get the game to work, as opposed to some all-in-one thing. Older PS3 models (namely the NTSC 20 and 60 GBs) had actual PS2 hardware inside them or something that enabled proper (or reasonably proper) physical backwards compatibility, which was stripped from later models.

Then its not back compat with PS2 games.

It doesn't matter if its capable or not, the fact is that it doesn't play physical PS2 games unless you buy them again on the digital store.

The ones on PSN are completely compatible, but the emulator is capable of playing other games unofficially.
psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Reminder that they were nothing but data

In all of the SO games.

Except Welch

I bet Welch IRL is a fatty dude begging his 4D mom for tendies

Why? Star Ocean 1 and 2 is connect to 3?

The rare, expensive games that could most benefit from a cheap digital rerelease option aren't likely to get the treatment, at least in as timely a manner as the best selling titles.

Well videogames are a business believe it or not. Also Sony can't just port all the games. A lot of games from that era are caught in copyright Oblivion. Especially the JRPGs.

Turns out nobody in 2002 foresaw that one day someone might want to play Xenosaga on the PS4.

this is now an OST thread

To say nothing of the fact that that franchise has been passed around like an STD. First Square, then Namco, then Nintendo. Now it's semi-canon with SRW.

At least apply the effort user

mmmnah

More that other anons can download and spread them

This time with diaper use user :^)

SO3 reveals the "3D" universe is actually an MMO played by people in the "real" 4D universe. And for some reason they are able to will themselves into a real existence at the end.
Remakes of 1&2 have been adjusted to line up with the storyline presented in 3.
tl:dr:
SO3 killed the franchise's lore. But to be fair the games only get exponentially worse with each new release from that point forward.

Then go back to cuck chan.

tri-Ace is run by literal retards apparently.

Well damn