imgur.com/a/g8DxW

Game List feature by emuparadise: good source to find hidden gems
emuparadise.me/list/

Launchbox get competition:
Metropolis launcher: made by a anti-trump developer
metropolis-launcher.net/
gameend:
gameend.net/
anyway, launchbox crack is already in the wild. Startpage is your friend.

also:
What are you emulating?
What gamepad you use to play emulated games
CTR/scannlines/filter yes or no
What game is worth to emulate?

Emulating Kartia right now on BeetlePSX-retroarch, play perfectly fine.

Other urls found in this thread:

geocities.jp/gponys/desmume_aa.html
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version
forums.elysianshadows.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9171
lutris.net/
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Star_Fox_64
gamefaqs.com/ps/930722-snow-racer-98/cheats)
youtube.com/watch?v=FFUaCGfAsa4
problemkaputt.de/psx-spx.htm#gpustatusregister
boxemulator.com/
gamejolt.com/games/super-mario-64-hd/225464
emuparadise.me/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(SNES)_ROMs/Laplace_no_Ma_(Japan)_[En_by_Aeon_Genesis_v0.95B]_(~Laplace's_Demon)/34359
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That screenshot is supposed to be a joke, right?

yeah, actually just a meme.

What's with all the never evers actually happening recently?

Ok so I have a hardmodded 360 with Retroarch and I want to play Sega CD games on a CRT. How do you plug it to one though?

Anyone know how to make DeSmuMe filters not force the giant screen size?
I'm trying to get HQ2XS to work, but it's forcing the screen to double size which fucks up my visibility of the bottom screen.
Same for all the filters, in fact. I can either have no filter and tiny size or filter and hueg size.

Screen resolution is 1366x768 if that helps.

Side question:
What frontend does everyone use? I'm just sticking with plain old folders and ROMs/ISOs, but something like GameEnd looks bretty good.
Anyone got a download link for the beta?

Honesly wouldn't get my hopes up too high, due to the nature of how they achieve emulation it basically means very few games will work properly for quite some time and it's gonna large amount of time and effort to get anything else running.
Still if all you care about is PD:Orta and JSRF you'll have your fill somewhat soon.

Component or S-video, composhit is an option too but yeah it's composhit.

You use the RA port, the change in size is due to how desmume badly handles filters.

original emulator is shit, the dev seems to be a fag. Some randome japanese guy changed a few things:
geocities.jp/gponys/desmume_aa.html

That has been in the main version of Desmume for over a year now though.
Thankfully there are efforts to replace that piece of shit altogether.instead of duct tapping it.

fuck yeah…. I was looking for this
now we get beefy PCs can run all of those gamecube/ps2 games we missed

xbox is actually microrobbed windows on disguise, so I'd guess drm issues
on the other hand, how is the current state of gamecube and other nintendo consoles?

The Gamecube seems to be emulated semi perfectly, same for the PS2.

N64 emulation is shit. I don't want it to be shit, but it's shit. Even with all the fancy plugins (mudlord, rice video plugin, etc) it's a hot steaming ladle of shit. Why?

do you know which emulators they are (names)?
I remember back in a day PS emulators wouldn't work without one proprietary file or something like that,

Dolphin = GameCube and Wii, I think recently they started making progress with the WiiU.
PCSX2 = For playstation 2.

PJ64 1.7 works great on my machine tbh

nah

extremely timing heavy platform means it needs to all be run on a single core so IPC is very important, and all n64 solutions are based on hacky shit from the year 2000.

play goemon's great adventure or anything not nintendo/rare

if it works its good enough, do you have idea how hard it was back in a day? practically most of the consoles had completely different architecture than PCs

awesome, I do remember these are also ported to loonix,
last I remember I've played FF7, Chrono Cross and Majora's Mask on emulators,
everything after that was basically undone on emulators or my hardware couldn't handle,
so I basically lost that whole generation of console games, most noticeably Zelda windbreaker

for GC/WII/WIIU/WIIWARE use Ishiruka
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version
it's actually the dolphin emulator for toasters. Take a look in the share threads for games.

also,
The few N64 wad's from the nintendo shop actually runs better in ishiruka as for original roms emulated on mupen/pj64

I don't think this is as good an excuse as you think it is. If a group of people have the expertise to reverse engineer a console and write an application that will mimic the console's hardware, then it stands to reason that they can at least write some documentation and release source code that would allow a larger pool of people to improve upon their already established work. I think the issue is that N64 emulation scene is dead, nobody cares enough to take up the reigns and improve the existing code. I'm not even sure if there is available source code for the major N46 emulators out there.

I think they weren't just ported, they were coded on Linux.

If I recall, there's a way to inject N64 ROMs into the GC to get much better performance.

gc really has no games

there are a few out there you can find in the share thread op's. But sadly there was never an autistic user injecting all n64 roms.

it wouldn't work with all of them anyway, there's a hard limitation on the compatibility of nintendo's emulator

if you want to play n64 games without issues get an everdrive

That list is shit, but what else did I expect from the niggers of gaming. :^)

Ah true. I haven't played N64 emulation in a while but I think I remember that game working on 1964 0.99

First time emulating ps2 games and been having quite a bad time sadly. Drakengard runs well enough for me to get through the game but as for other the fps dips. Also to my surprise I really enjoy Drakengard despite it's age.

you are forced to play some parts of the game in wireframe mode to see where you're going lol

emulation is a joke

To anyone who uses PCSX2, is SSE4 the best option for video plugins? I've been using it for Persona 4 at 1080p D3D11 and for the most part it runs great, but sometimes there is a stutter before a battle, move, or dialogue. It's not a big deal but I'm wondering what could be causing this. I have a i5 3570k 3.8ghz btw. GTX 960 4gb edition too.

Also, what is AVX? I heard it's only for software mode, is that true?

SSE4/AVX is the type of instruction st specific optimization, rule of thumb is if your CPU support AVX2 use that if it doesn't SSE4 is the next best option, this has more of an impact on SW simply because SW is purely done on the CPU.

As for the stutter you could try updating, builds from late 2016/early 2017 had a regression that caused stuttering across some configuration.

never knew this was a thing

is it better than the other though? because I'm not on a toaster anymore…

PCSX2 has better compatibility than Dolphin. This is despite dozens of obscure shit on the PS2 not even being tested on it.

for a few fps always worth it.

I've finished Goemon's Great Adventure on PJ64 myself without any issues
Maybe get rid of your fetish for outdated shit.

That shit works so much better. BTW where can i get the bios files for DS? I've already looked around for firmware.bin biosnds9.rom biosnds7.rom and all I find is junk.

never-mind found it.

I like emulation as much as the next guy on this thread, user. BUT you sound like a faggot and probably a poorfag.

A computer to emulate N64 games is more expensive than buying a used console with its controller
Sounds more like you are insecure in your purchases being invalidated than anything else.

Kill yourself

In a bit of unexpected news a guy is working on a Dreamcast VMU emulator. While others existed for a long time before this, this one seems to have the most features so far and is in active development.
forums.elysianshadows.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9171

Nigger what? Stop acting like a dumbass.

lutris.net/

Anyone have a recommended Nintendo DS info graphic?

its also a lot worse

funny you say this because goemon's great adventure is only known to work on an outdated version of pj64, emunigger

I have also completed it on Mupenplus
You can drop the pretense of knowing jack shit m8, nobody is going to buy your scalper trash when emulation exists.

lol, nice deflection, stand by your fucking point you spineless nigger

Faggots like you are the reason why people use terms like emunigger.

the only nigger here is you
Take your scalper buddy
with you fuck off to ebay you kike

PJ64 is shit
SHIT

the only person buying and selling bullshit in this thread is you, buddy :^) Despite it being a decade old, N64 emulation hasn't even improved. Well, that's a lie. It's gotten a little better. Last I heard they finally got the dithered transparency effect correct in mario 64. Only took 17 years.

kek, for all you brag about being able to afford a PC which probably also means that you enjoy playing the superior version of multiplatforms, I find it amusing that when it comes to emulating retro games from known hard to emulate console you settle down with shitty innacurate emulation. Bet ya play the game stretched to 16:9 with a bilinear filter too.

which platform/console do i miss?

Wonderswan, NGP, C64 (Turrican mate) and Virtual Boy (Wario Land, Teleroboxer)

yeah was looking for to get wonderswan/colore but the games variaty is thin actually.
i don't know, still thinking about it. Not playing much neo geo at all.
on my back log
ah, no. you know, well. maybe, not.

PC-98

Hello fellow cucks, I've always been enjoying my subpar experience.

what's the best way to emulate on linux? what are the best linux emulator for the usual consoles: nes, snes, gba, n64, playstation etc. Help a dumb nigga out

Retroarch

Hello third world shitskin. I'm so sorry you can't afford a proper setup, are a double digit IQ subhuman and absolutely cannot work with any form of elementary level configuration.
>>>/suicide/

Retroarch with associated cores (nestopia, snes9x, mgba) or standalone versions of those cores.
I don't mess with those very much but I hear mupen64 and pcsx are the good ones. If they have RA cores use them.

don't reply to the bait

Also, this link really should be in the OP. 4cuck's wiki on the subject is pretty comprehensive.
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

>get the urge to replay hybrid heaven
why are we born into suffering

where did you get it from?
The official installer has nagware but that is easily disabled.

That wii list was made by reddit, wasn't it?

because pj64 dev is a fag.
go to your installer folder - config - pj64 cfg and open it, scroll down and change the fucking nummber to -1

mupen64plus might the better choice here.

is there a good reason to updating the the latest version? I have never had any performance issues with Project 64.

there are certain cases where PJ64 runs better and the development on standalone mupen64plus has been largely stagnant.
If you want to use mupen64plus then get retroarch and use the core on it.

Latest version has seen some improvements but that is largely because of Gonetz working on GLideN64. Don't think you can use the latest version of that plugin on older version of the emulator.

not sure but i think the older version had maleware or some shit. Faggot dev removed it but than put this nagware in.

the mupen64plus core in RA is actually better. But do not use any filter with RA on the mupen core or you will kill the core with a black screen.

Why the fuck would you use PJ64 over Glupen64?

What, Ishiiruka/dev-build Dolphin has Wii U support to some extent now?

already doing it. I use Launchbox and have set up 3 different emulators plus wad's with ishiruka to run every n64 game perfect.

The virtual console emulation is worse than emulating games on a decade old emulator. Nintendo really didn't give a shit when it started selling those.

Nah, Dolphin/Ishiiruka is never gonna have WiiU integrated because it's a fucking terrible idea and a lesson they learned from doing the same thing with the Wii.

thats actually wrong, for some reason the wad's run better than in a actually emulator.

no, sorry, i just put it in because i am a retard. bully me.

The Wii is basically a Gamecube though, it made sense to include it. The Wii U has an entirely different architecture

wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Star_Fox_64
The VC release of Star Fox 64 had bugs which weren't even present in the N64 emulators of its time.
SM64 also uses that fade out alpha effect instead of noise dithering for invisibility and teleport effects on VC.

I'm sorry baby

Nah, out of all 3 it's the NGC that stands out the most with it's GPU being very different to modern GPUs in some aspect, then there's the whole ARM security chip not being a thing and having an OS vs not having one.

Guys. I'm running spyro on my phone. It's so fucking great. I didn't know I could overclock either. I do wish controls weren't so slippery though.

I can't believe PS1 emulation is fucking better than the Nintendo 64. This is crazy.

I do remember they explicitly said they wouldn't be doing Wii U since they kept getting fucking stormed with 12-year-olds requesting it.

EWWWWW

For the love of God get a Bluetooth controller if you're gonna be playing emulated stuff on Android.

Spyro is 16:9, just like Crash Bandicoot.

No it isn't

well the best emulator i encounter so far is bsnes

Anyone knows of a N64 emulator that can run The New Tetris perfectly? PJ64 is cancer and fucks it all up. One of the cores in retroarch is better, but still a bit sluggish when there's too much on the screen.

Are you fucking blind? It's native 16:9, THIS is 4:3, and THIS is when it's actually stretched. Fix your fucking eyes, you piglesome biiiiiiiiitch.
Go to jaillllll
Go to JAIIIILLLL

Here's a list of all the PSX games that natively support 16:9
Aqua GT (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Bloody Roar 2: Bringer of the New Age (anamorphic 16:9 option)
C3 Racing/Max Power Racing (letterbox 4:3 option/anamorphic 16:9 option)
Codename Tenka (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Colin McRae Rally (anamorphic 16:9 option)
F1 2000 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
F1 Championship Season 2000 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Formula 1 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Formula 1 98 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Ghost In The Shell (anamorphic 16:9 option)
J's Racin' (1997) (anamorphic 16:9 option)
J-League Jikkyou Winning Eleven 2000 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
J-League Jikkyou Winning Eleven 2000 2nd (anamorphic 16:9 option)
J-League Jikkyou Winning Eleven 2001 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
J-League Jikkyou Winning Eleven 3 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
J-League Jikkyou Winning Eleven '98-'99 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
JGTC: All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship (1998) (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Ms. Pac Man Maze Madness (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Moto Racer World Tour (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Need for Speed: Porsche 2000 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Pac-Man World (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Puzzle Bobble 3 DX (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Racingroovy VS (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Rush Hour (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Snow Racer '98 (anamorphic 16:9 option) (through code, see gamefaqs.com/ps/930722-snow-racer-98/cheats)
This is Football (anamorphic 16:9 option)
This is Football 2 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
TNN Motor Sports Hardcore TR (letterbox 4:3 option/anamorphic 16:9 option)
TOCA Championship Racing (anamorphic 16:9 option)
TOCA World Touring Cars (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Touge Max: Saisoku Driver Master (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Trap Gunner (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Triple Play 2000 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Triple Play 2001 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Triple Play Baseball (anamorphic 16:9 option)
V-Rally Championship Edition 2 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Wip3out (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Wip3out: Special Edition (anamorphic 16:9 option)
World Soccer Jikkyou Winning Eleven 3: World Cup France '98 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
World Soccer Jikkyou Winning Eleven 4 (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Worms Armageddon (anamorphic 16:9 option)
Yarudora Series Vol. 1: Double Cast (letterbox 4:3 option/16:9 friendly option)
Yarudora Series Vol. 2: Kisetsu o Dakishimete (letterbox 4:3 option/16:9 friendly option)
Yarudora Series Vol. 3: Sampaguita (letterbox 4:3 option/16:9 friendly option)
Yarudora Series Vol. 4: Yukiwari no Hana (letterbox 4:3 option/16:9 friendly option)
NO SPYRO

Go dump the VRAM for the game and see for yourself

How do I map the right shoulder button to fast-forward on SNES9x?

You're the type of people who play ZOE2 in 1:1 or something?

Are you seriously doubling down?
LMAO
It's as if the point of an emulator is to make games support things they wouldn't normally support!

You're right. This section makes me want to fucking kill myself.

Go to Input>customize hotkeys

Internal resolution and VRAM dumps are different things you tech illiterate retard.

Forcing a game to output 16:9 when it natively doesn't is HQ2X filter tier.

Holy fuck, you're autistic. There is no correlation, it gives you a better view without stretching. There is nothing to compare. It's all beneficial. You sperglord.

Oh yeahhhhh. This is the life baby.
Adding things to a game that trigger the puristcucks.

So you are telling me that this looks good ?
Because it doesn't, the onscreen-overlay is just what kills me though.

A VRAM dump of a PS1 game is gonna present you with the game at it's internal rendering resolution and a bunch of other elements obviously but point is there is a section of that VRAM dump which will be the actually visible screen without Aspect ratio correction.
The only differentiation there could be is that if you increase the interrnal rendering resolution the emulator likely will have to separately render the game in native due to some games relying on the things in VRAM being in native res.

Personally. It looks hella good. It's cinematic (;

I want to murder you

No it isn't you fucking retard
How about you actually do it instead of wasting everyone's time with your stupidity?

Let's call it a deal and have you hatefuck me and breed me good, then I'll let you change the settings to complete the screen. Deal?~

Stop giving me boners

Come on user. You know you want it.

Huh, never seen the full image before

What leads a man to this sad and sorry state ?

The framebuffer is present on the top left of the VRAM
Said framebuffer iis the size of the native internal rendering resolution of the game
Stay assmad user

Pic related CB render internally in 512x240 and as you can see the framebuffer at the top is also in 512x240

oh niggers, when will you learn?

use the original hardware and you can play it right now at 60fps

cucked by emulation

At first sight I thought it was some post modern "art" sculpture.

Good post full of valuable information

Stop sucking dick any time…

Well said Satan.

Yes, yes you are…

That post is supposed to be a joke, right?

Crash Bandicoot reserves full widescreen resolution in VRAM unlike other PS1 games which only reserve a 4:3 one. Thats not the native rendering resolution, in case you didn't know 244*2 isn't 1021.
Its literally made to be a widescreen game that your autism can't deal with because you've never used non shit CRTs.

Yes, it obviously is?

The shadow is supposed to be a circle not an oval you retard.
Accept the fact that Spyro and Crash were made to run at 16:9 instead of throwing your baseless autistic shitfit.

Now there is a way to get it to work in 16:9 the only problems is that the side don't completely render in for a split second like pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=FFUaCGfAsa4

Oh, I guess the people who
FUCKING DEVELOPED IT AND HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE THAT YOU EVER WILL
Lied to me or something!

Well one of these is correct, so your either saying it doesn't natively support 4:3 or 16:9

I don't mind buying original hardware if it's decently priced, but someday all the remaining Xboxes will be dead and by then emulation will allow us to preserve games with reasonable accuracy. It's not in the best state now, but emulator devs are making good progress so stop screeching about your forced "muh emuniggers/niggers of gaming" meme.

Excellent trolling Holla Forumsro?

…it had a PC version, why are you emulating it? You can get it, native to PC, for less then a dollar.

That's what I'm fucking doing. Look, nigger. It even has the same glitch in the left side

Why should I pay developers money when they keep their software proprietary? Should've licesned it under the GPLv3.

Every fucking time

Check ID's my guy. I think you replied to the wrong person, I only said the emulator allows 16:9, native or not. It's nice

That was the wrong image lmao
**Now people are gonna think I'm anti-pirate when I haven't bought any games myself in years"*

What was the one working sega saturn emulator again?

sorry I didn't know chrono trigger was supposed to look like this
kys tbh

because I want to play it in 16:9 like the devs truly intended it, payne put on a lot of weight since he avenged his wife and kid

good, no one is telling you to buy a turbo duo for ebay prices. Only idiots buy shit like that off of ebay anyway.

this is why you do basic maintenance for anything. Replace thermal paste, clean fans, dust, etc. You do this for your PC, right? Not hard to do it for consoles either. I hope you do it for your PC at least.

not quite, it's already happening, but dmc HD is a great example of it. There's a few missing effects in the re-release the games got and who is to say the next re-release won't be burdened with even more issues? for a lot of people, this was their first experience with the game, and with the many issues PC emulators have, who is to say that isn't peoples first reference for the games as well? This is the problem with emulation. It is, and always will be a "budget" solution to a preservation issue. No one seriously interested in preservation uses emulators like that. If anything, for electronics components, FPGAs are far, far more desirable.

There are two
SSF and mednafen.
Use mednafen first and if something doesn't work in it then use SSF.

Sweet

Also, could someone explain me why N64 emulation is so shit? And why everyone hates Project64?

Good thing emulators can switch the resolution on the fly unlike your shitty CRTs.

huehuehuehuehuehue

Nothing wrong with being Anti-Pirate, as long as you are fucking reasonable. I'm a buyfag, but even I don't see anything wrong with emulation of legacy games, it's closer to game archiving then piracy. Same for pirating Denuvo games, because fuck Denuvo.

You can believe in supporting game developers and not cross the line over into being an obnoxious, moralizing superior faggot. People who scream at pirates about how they are thieves and people who mock those who buy games legit can both suffocate on a barrel full of dicks.

Thanks buddy

So, I spent the better part the other night downloading the better part of the entire Dreamcast library. Which emulator should I be using? I heard DEmul was the best, but a lot of the games look and run like shit on my system. NullDC runs games beautifully, but I heard it was abandoned years ago and doesn't have the best compatibility - especially with WinCE games. Also, it crashes when I try to use an Xbox One controller. Haven't tried using a DS4 yet.

hey, hey, heeey… this is emulation thread.

I don't want fucking 4:3, that was just an example that I was using 16:9 and not stretched 4:3

Why won't you people ever fucking listen

because N64, unlike many other systems required extreme precision in the timing of its hardware and software, literally every piece of hardware is working in tandem with cpu and memory timings and things are prevented from execution based on these timings. Not to mention the system was created at a time where 3D APIs weren't really a thing yet, and unlike later consoles which based their 3D APIs over existing PC APIs, N64 has its own which functions like no other, and add into that, there is the very poorly documented microcode which allowed SOME developers to bypass hardware timings which makes it a very unruly system to work on let alone emulate.

because its shit and it's based off ancient hacks used to get n64 emulation running on pentium 3's back in 2000 and 2001 and it has not moved on from this crippling flaw in over a decade. The gimmick of showing your highschool friends playing zelda on their dell school boxes got old and emulation crippled a generation essentially

I have a pro monitor, I can switch aspect ratios and resolutions on the fly with the press of a button, but I don't want to because the games are meant to be in 4:3, you dumb nigger.

they don't know that PGXP exist

although playing panzer dragoon zwei or saturn bomberman in their widescreen/high res modes is really cool tbqh

The development on N64 emulators was stagnant for a long time for various reasons(lack of talent, closed source, developer ego) for a very long time. Its getting better with the advent of an actually modern video plugin GLideN64 and Zilmar audio plugin both of which are getting active development and bug fixes.

The developer/maintainer of it is a huge kike. He block off access to latest version of the emulator behind a donation wall(never mind the latest versions were actually worse), added malware to the installer once the donation wall was removed and currently has a nagscreen in the emulator(which is easily bypassed). He also refused to update or abandon outdated shit(PJ64 still ships with a video plugin that uses Direct X 8 instead of GLideN64) and focused all his efforts on making an android port instead of fixing anything.

Neither do you apparently.

Compatibility wise Demul is the best but it performs like ass and has bad vsync implementation.

I am not the autist forcing people to use 4:3. You can use whatever looks good to you.

So, which N64 Emulator is best then? I never beat Hybrid Heaven back in the day, my saves kept getting corrupted and I had to start over. I keep meaning to go back to it.

Just because you can stretch it doesn't mean it's meant to be like that, I can stretch anything I wanted on my vizio tv tv/games ect. but it's not going to be at the proper aspect ratio.

Because Yoshi's Island and Super Metroid were totally made for 4:3 despite future rereleases and sequels using 8:7
Or do they not count because they directly contradict your retarded "muh developers intent" logic?

fucking nothing

I've completed it on PJ64 without any issues.

Now I get it, Is there any good N64 emulator or I lose any hope?

Despite all the issues with PJ64 it is still the best thought you might need to juggle plugins for different games.

32:15 isn't a valid widescreen aspect ratio, any other game using hires mode would have similar aspect ratio discrepancy because surprise the framebuffer is actually the size of the internal rendering resolution

CB render in 512x240 internally, both the framebuffer are 512x240, it seems to me they are the exact same, most game just happen to use 320x240 to render internally which is 4:3

resolution are Width x Height not Height x Width, so yeah you have two framebuffer side by side and they take 1024 (1021 is only because I'm using the snipping tool and it's not pixel perfect)

Stay assmad and retarded.

Thanks.

well yeah, nintendo exclusively had 4:3 monitors in their office and all the artwork and design was done on these. Also because 8:7 displays didn't exist and the inherent analog functionality of a CRT doesn't cripple it so the way things are drawn on screen looks far better than what you get on your shitsteen by nein cuck display

if you can put up with its persistent flaws, 1964, mupen64 lle, pj64 (lol) but they are all plagued with issues and it really is a joke. system sucks anyway there's only like 30 good n64 games and you probably played them all anways. just play sin & punishment and drop that shit box

Top kek you fucking tard
The PS1 doesn't render at 320x240, it only outputs at that resolution.
Next thing you're gonna tell me that Genesis and SNES also render at 320x240.

Yeah the circles were actually meant to be ovals and nintendo fucked up later
Right

nope, they didn't account for their 8:7 stupidity unlike competent devs like square enix because nintendo is renown in the industry for their sheer technological incompetence with their very own hardware.

how much do you need it stressed for you that nintendo really has almost no idea what they're doing and the snes is very well known for being a hardware shitshow like e v e r y o n e o f n i n t e n d o s s y s t e m

>This specifies the resolution of the display. The size can be set
as follows:
>Width: 256,320,384,512 or 640 pixels
>Height: 240 or 480 pixels

own notes. Most of this is the result of experiment, so not all info might
be correct. This document is most probably not complete, and not all
capabilities and quirks of the GPU are documented

Literally the first paragraph of the "design doc" you quoted
Next time find actual design docs instead of being retarded.

Yeah so your argument literally is that you know better than someone who reverse engineered the system and has put out docs that are still used to this day.

Even with good maintenance all hardware eventually kicks the bucket or needs replacement parts. Good emulation allows us to bypass this hassle and run legacy software on both modern hardware and whatever exotic hardware we have in the future.
Also, professional software archivers like Archive.org do use emulators. Do some fucking research before shitting out your retarded opinions.

Get out sonygger and stop shitting up the thread.

Do you have a single fact to back this up?
Those docs were collected back in fucking 1999.

take your console wars to cuckchan, faggot

they'll likely outlast you and I, and even then, replacements and replacement parts are abundant
convenience of delivery for the plebeian masses, how's it feel being a plebeian?

You can ask the owner of >>>/psx/
Or if you want ta second source there's always the no$ docs which are the same except way more indepth and complete.

problemkaputt.de/psx-spx.htm#gpustatusregister

You sure fucking hyperbolize a lot.

I doubt the 360 outputs 240p, can anyone confirm?

Those are rubbish plugins. Use a proper RSP and Angrylion.
No public docs.

All infographics are reddit tier.

No they aren't

It doesn't work that way you clowns.

easily makes me the most engaging poster around tbqh

Don't lump me in with you and your AIDS-riddled buttbuddies.
And what's wrong with convenience? Expecting everyone who wants to try some old arcade game to buy a fucking cabinet or find some place several hours away with a working machine is ridiculous when you can emulate it with reasonable to near-perfect accuracy.

Autistic screeching aside, I've been playing a lot of Game Boy and GBC games using the BGB emulator and I'm having a blast.

Games I've been enjoying lately:

Does 8/v/ have a GB/GBC recommended list image? If so, can someone drop it?

Have some old NES and SNES lists.

I'm not defending Nintendo either, fucking faggot. You started shitting up the thread in your very first post and have gone on and on about how emulating and nintendo is terrible (which is true in the case of nintendo). Take your consumer whore ass back to reddit.

sure, go for it, but it's always exciting to strive for excellence instead of settling for mediocrity.

That's true, it makes for some interesting conversations

as mad as I might make some people, no denying I've given some unique perspectives, and as much as I shit on emulation whenever these threads pop up, I still use emulators. I prefer not to, but there is a convenience in them. Personally I've taken on the approach of get system X, experience library in the most cost effective way possible, learn all about it and fall in love with it in a unique way. Emulation is a convenient way to preview it, although, obviously for something like the original xbox it was a matter of jumping in blind and finding about the awesome modding ecosystem that's been left behind after a decade and discovering a truly neglected library of games.

oh would you look at that. His own emulator's vram viewer contradicts him.

That's exactly what emulator devs are doing and we're getting neat shit like that really accurate N64 Vulkan renderer thanks to their autistic dedication. There's nothing mediocre about good emulation: it's an impressive technical accomplishment even with our fancy x86/x86_64 hardware.

Stop flattering yourself, you're just a pretentious buyfag and you haven't said anything remotely new or interesting in all 20 of your posts.

Unwarrented self importance
You've said nothing that countless buyer's remorse suffering fags haven't regurgitated on top of spreading provably false FUD based on a decade old list

I still have Pocket Bomberman and Warlocked cartridges lying around, they kicked ass

Being a consumer whore isn't excellence. Calling it excellence is you compensating for getting jewed by making yourself falsely believe you did the right thing.

You're grasping too hard, make a proper dump of the VRAM which is always 1024x512, then come back, in the meantime enjoy some more non 4:3 framebuffers

despite this, original hardware is still better except when good FPGA is available
why is why most emulation discussion these days circles around mediocre emulators providing sub-par results
can't disagree

would be true if I bought any games for these classic systems, but there are far better back up loading solutions, and even then, I've forced you all to think about things like aspect ratio, display types, developer intent, and many more things. Direct confrontation is a great way to reconsider things and understand why you do the things you do.

you need new material, it wasn't true before and you aren't convincing anyone, I can tell even you're beginning to doubt it.

Stop flattering yourself, the only thing you made me think about is what type of death I wish upon you.

Not really, you just screeched about things people were already discussing and patted yourself on the back for enlightening the world.

you really can't make an argument like that considering previous posts.

Tried that. Only wants to accept keyboard keys for that.

Get Snes9x 1.54.1

Have you checked in the mirror recently pajeet? You're the one using a poorly coded program to play games wrongly. I can enjoy the games exactly as I'm supposed to while pirating while you can't even get full compatibility or have to play games with hacks because the shit coders can't into programming.

I don't need anything tbh

It's what I have.

Thats strange then.
Well just use the Retroarch core of it. It should register your controller inputs.

Nevermind. I've fixed my problem my problem by manually editing the config file.

Anyway to stop the fast-forward text from popping up?

Why are there always these stupid homos in every fucking thread? Emulation is completely playable and it's free, the developer is no longer getting your money for 99.9% of the stuff people emulate anyway.

why do you people keep thinking this is what is being recommended? like nigga, just get a mod chip, nigga just back up load lmao

A vertical resolution of 448

Because those faggots most likely are the Jews selling used consoles, games and, in some cases, chips.

That still requires you searching ebay and other merchants online to buy an overpriced used console assuming yours no longer works or you never had one and is a lot more of a hassle than just getting an emulator. Someone that is retarded might even brick it and waste even more money. I also like giving games a makeover to make them less of an eyesore like with the PSP and DS.

Yeah
Trust the "professionals" of console modding

a very lucrative market at $10 per chip lemme tell ya

nah actually you get piss for these in reselling, games are the only thing worth dick yet I always tell people to back up load rlly makes you think….🤔🤔🤔

don't use ebay modders like douchendance learn to do it yourself, soldering is easy as shit. its like you niggers gotta invent these problems when the most obvious solutions is have some confidence and learn a skill

then again that's why I call you niggers, because you lack both confidence and skill

Fucking Drakon

Emulating is also easy as shit as doesn't require me still owning a 15+ year old console and TV. All old games look and play like fucking SHIT on any newer TV. Like the majority of people, I don't have a scrapyard in my home.

What's the best PSP emu?

don't be a cuck, learn your shit

get real equipment for it then lol

Why can't we OG hardware and emulator fags get along man. You ain't gotta act like CRTs have no benefits.

Nah

PPSSPP

Nope it's 480x320

I respect that if that's your hobby, but this guy is coming in and acting like it's what everyone should be doing. Majority of people get rid of outdated tech for space or whatever.

Because both sides act like smug bastards for their choices and try to push their own choice as the only option. I actually own almost every major consoles going back to the 3rd gen and a CRT yet emulate almost everything because of convenience.

sad, sad

can't handle a little banter? Just cuz you don't like it when someone pokes fun at emulators, doesn't mean you need to take it so personal.

480p xbox on a CRT is truly a sight to behold, if you don't have a good multiformat, an old PC CRT will do the trick for that 31khz fix

Also, as a side blogpost, I used to keep a fat ass CRT too, but after a few moves I just got tired of lugging that heavy ass motherfucker around when my 60" flat screen weighs like 10lbs max.

Where are the 32 pixels?

Cut by the way emulator deal with overscan.

Except it doesn't do that on other screens using the same settings

Greetings fellow hardware cuck. Isn't it great spending 600 dollars on a framekikester? I know I love getting jewed out for carts that 10 years ago cost at most 1 dollar before scalpers came around.

It's simply because it's considered to be a very slightly different black which is how emulator detect overscan.

In my experience, I never had issue with hardware fans. I honestly respect that dedication to stick to the original home console experience. But the hardware faggots here stir shit up because they're that autistic or just want to shitpost where harmless discussion is had.

Price somehow can make something lower in quality

I'm not familiar with chipping, what's the problem and why is it bad?

Jesus fucking Christ
this thread surely developed into a shit storm, never expected it to be most active Holla Forums

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Let's make a hardware thread so we can shit it up. Little banter never hurt, right?

It's hardware cucks and their usual bait. Oh sorry, "banter".

It's not bad in itself, it's mostly bad when done by absolute morons who end up bricking their consoles while attempting to mod it.

look at all that fucking hotglue and the fucking electrical outlet wires used. Essentially someone ordered that mod online, the person doing it had no confidence their solder joints wouldn't go cold and shit the bed, and the awful cabling job they did with low quality cables would likely break during the shipping process.

It probably doesn't even look good. It's why you find a trusted modder who's work you can preview, or learn to do it yourself so you can take responsibility for it, improve it if need be, and have something to be proud of.

nah, too general, wouldn't gain any traction. Need to focus on specific games, genres, platforms, etc. Works well like for the xbox threads, PS2 threads, etc. When it's just "post anything under this massive umbrella" you get some really disjointed conversations.

Only logical explanation, different emulators have different way of dealing with overscan, that or you just discovered the totally undocumented by anyone in over ten years despite being present on the title screen of one of the most popular game on the system 448px height rendering mode of the PS1.

Hilariously large globs of glue used to attach hardware mods. This guy was supposed to be a goto modder for a while until people realized how much of shit job he does.
The entire console modding community is filled with hucksters and scammers.

What happened to Xqemu?

mostly on ebay really

With no basis in reality?

Nigger you're using documents that were written in 1999 and never updated and a shitty emulator(with a respectable debugger) as your source.

So it's an efficiency problem, the hotglue won't fry the board or anything, right? I've considered learning soldering just for installing modchips, but my motor skills are below average. I also have no way to ground myself.

There was a huge kerfuffle with an "officially" sanctioned guy over at Freemcboot forums who cut and loose with a bunch of memory cards.
Like how much of a penny pinching kike do you have to be to steal PS2 memory cards

Its possible.
Its also possible that the hot glue is just a compensation of a poor(or no) soldering job which creates even more problems.

it won't fry anything, it's just a really shitty job he's done to protect his own incompetent ass from getting ebay returns. Then a few months down the line, when the buyer moves the system somewhere, tosses it on a couch while he gathers the wires, it just comes that little bit loose that all the sudden the sync signal is no longer being transmitted and shit's all fucked up. So then a competent modder has to deal with it, the good modder asks "who did this to you?" and they find out it was some fuck like douchendance.

embarrassing really. fmcb memory cards are like $5 a piece if you feel you can't do it yourself.

The dev are busy doing something else.

The PS1 doesn't do 448 height resolutions according to two source that are far more credible than you
You also assume pete's plugins is faultless in it's pixel aspect ratio mode (there's a reason why it's labelled "try to keep pixel aspect ratio)

You say that like pete's plugin isn't over 10 years old and shitty in it's own right.

Its an injector in the plugin that has gotten more development in the last few years than no$psx has gotten in its entire lifetime.

Are you pretending to be retarded to mask your legit retardation?

have any of you ever heard of boxemulator?
boxemulator.com/
The site claims a ton of shit that sounds too good to be true, and when you use the stepup .exe the sites download gives you, it tries to send you to an update page that is 404'd.

The you're just using a plugin that hasn't seen any real work in over ten years but with an injector that doesn't anything on top.

lol bro this totally works man you'll be playing halo 3 online with no xbox live gold too promise

Please stop talking about things you don't know jack shit about.
Or are you just harvesting (you)s at this point by pretending?

Well user if you're disabling it in the setting like you're claiming then yes PGXP doesn't do anything.

What's framebuffer res

The plugin injector and PGXP are two completely different thing you luddite
Stick to your retarded shit tbh. Maybe you'll get someone who is actually gullible next time.

I just want to know what the deal with it is.
There is a facebook page with no posts the youtube channel has 3 video with allot of views and likes but no comments. it doesn't make sense

its a scam

It's obviously fake.

chinese shit with chinese bots liking and attempting to give it a sense of legitimacy

fucking around aside, it's a quick way to get your credit card (or your mom's credit card) info stolen with a lot of mysterious btc purchases being tied to it.

Framebuffer resolution is what you console render to like in , you never see it because for older console the TV just stretches to 4:3 (more or less) and for newer console it just upscales before sending to the TV (which is how you get a 1080p signal out of games that actually render at other resolution like 900p or 960x1080 like the killzone multiplayer)

If you disable things they don't do anything, shouldn't be that hard of a concept for you.

Regardless if you're disabling it it behaves the same as the old plugin, the PGXP dev himself said he wasn't gonna touch shit not directly related to PGXP.

Been trying to run Digimon World Re:Digitize on PPSSPP for Android (1.1.4 I think), and it won't even start. Just sits on a black screen with the virtual pad in view. Anyone else have this problem?

Old news so no need for a new thread, and tangentially Emulator related I found this Demo build of a Super Mario 64 HD remake that is actually pretty fun. Nintendo already took this project down officially and the creator had no intentions on finishing a it. But its not half bad.
gamejolt.com/games/super-mario-64-hd/225464

Only faggots play on HDTVs, likewise using carts when modding is available and so are everdrives

Creator is a cuck and should have taken proper OPSEC.

Stop trying to bait, the other one had far more success.

Thanks Kotaku.

who was the creator? From what I understand it never was planed to be every finished, it was just a test build for a "Character Controller" Unity asset.

honestly what does ShitTaco have to do with the demo? All I am saying is its better than civ 5 with the brave new world expansion pack

Because you sound like a newfaggot.

Creator was a cuck since he didn't intend to finish the job. Kill yourself for recommending a half-aseed attempt.

>>>/cuckchan/

But user, we all came from cuckchan.

wew there kiddo

I sound like a newfag? How is that in particularity sonny?
btw you don't fit in yet

Nice (you) there user, good way to answer to any of my facts

Go back.

"Go back" doesn't disprove that we migrated from cuckchan, user.

That's not how you spell reddit

it actually is how you spell that now

I didn't know we migrated from Reddit. Explains a lot.

"but we're from cuckchan!" is never an excuse. Now fuck off.

I'm I from 4chan or Reddit? Which one do I go back to?

Anywhere but here.

Well that's not helpful. How can I go back if I don't know where to go back to?

If you cared about quality you wouldn't be playing the shit ass PS2 port of MP2 in the first place, cuck.

Any PS1 emulators which can run on pic related?

This is why you belong on reddit.

I only ever emulate GBA
my keyboard
fuck no.
megaman battle network gets more shit than it deserves, it's pretty fun
Obviously pokemon emerald (or sapphire)
Summon night sword craft story 1&2
harvest moon friends of mineral town, just for the nostalgia.
sonic advance is ok.
I really liked sonic battle too.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Are you really this fucking late to ps1 emulation? I was running epsxe at decent frame rates on a dirt cheap pc running windows xp about 15 years ago.

to be fair epsxe is a bitch to set up. And ps1 ISOs suck. And you have to find a bios to download. And I still haven't been able to play The Misadventures of Tron Bonne like when I was a kid damnit!

I can confirm this.

Back in 2006, my Pentium 4 PC fried and i got stuck with XP on a pentium 3 at 600mhz, 32mb integrated video with 256mb of SD Ram, Epsxe would play perfectly fine. And this computer was already ancient by that time, i was also quite surprised.

I tried using PCSX on this same machine and it ran slow, best i could get was 40 fps.

user, don't you wanna play the masterpiece that is Dino Crisis 3, which is so revered most fans of the series don't even know that the game exists.

(You)
Crash and Spyro were not designed as 16:9 games, they just used the wacky framebuffer resolution because it was the most effective resolution they could get the games to run at with the best visual quality. The games were not designed with square pixels in mind, but to be squashed to 4:3.

i use the launchbox crack, fuck the Metropolis dev.

Hoshigami for psx. Damn hard SRPG
Old dual shock for ps1. best game pad
for old pixelated games i use light scannlines, thats it
every translated snes game!

this

yeah, it is not as user friendly and you actually have to Switch to different Emus to get a game perfectly running but thats not a reason to be a ´faggot.

thanks

I'm running PCSX2 and I'm having memory card problems. Recently when playing SMT Nocturne I ran out of space on the default memory card. So I went and switched to the second one and everything was fine for a while. When I tried to run a new game, Okage, and every other game I've tried to run since then, the games no longer recognize the memory card as in the slot. When I load no disc the memory card is still there, and for some reason it's now empty. I get the same problem with any newly created memory cards with no option to format them. The first memory card still works, so for now I'm just deleting excess saves to make space as a temporary solution.

Are there any nude mods for any PS2 or other emulatable system's games at all? The only one I know of is for FFX-2 but I tried playing it and the opening cutscene was too much cancer for me.

For some reason both the internal PS2 memcard manager and the one in PCSX2 are kinda shit, I use the one included with Gran Turismo 3 (near the bottom on the main menu/title screen), it should allow for formatting and copying to another memcard, just make sure there's a memcard plugged in both slot

You can also use mymc to export and import content to your memcard if you really can't find a way to make it recognize any other memcard

I can emulate most games on my laptop unless they just don't work for the emulator.

I think I might just be able to duplicate the first memory card, clear everything on it and reuse it. Not gonna test it right now, but will post again if it works.

Lurking emuparadise translations and found this
emuparadise.me/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(SNES)_ROMs/Laplace_no_Ma_(Japan)_[En_by_Aeon_Genesis_v0.95B]_(~Laplace's_Demon)/34359
never heard about this. Anyone played it?

Jesus christ this thread, why are emulationfags so fucking aggresive?

Pathetic.

Is this board really so fucking casual? Googling PS1 BIOS is hard now? Spending a few minutes setting up plugins is too much work? Kill yourself, I was setting up epsxe when I was 15 on a shitty Gateway laptop in 2006 with playable results.

It's been while, so I can't remember if this is true.
Top fucking kek. Kill yourself.

I think we agree that a real console, crt, and flashcarts are the best way?

Was too busy with snes, gba and ps2 to notice how ps1 emulation was going. Mostly never focused on that since there aren't many ps1 exclusives to care.

Pretty much this. And converting bin/cue shit to ISO can be a hit&miss sometimes. Emuparadise's shitty compression format make it even worse.

Kys

Are about as accurate as emulators i.e. they play most games depending on the system but not all of them.

Holy shit you fucktard bin/cue files are usually playable already you don't need to convert shit.

If you fags are going to come in an emu thread and bitch at least stop spreading bullshit.

anyone know a good hack?

Anyone know how to remove Texture filtering in N64 games? I am wondering how good it would look. I hate the AA and blur of old n64 games. I searched all over and cant find a solid answer. I even tried tweaking the Glide64.ini.

Thanks to all this autistic screeching I finally sat down an played Spyro. Fucking Comfy and the Music is top notch. Reminds me of some hippy Jam band like String Cheese Incident, Sound Tribe Sector 9 or Moe.

My irl friend stole my xbox controller for my pc, are there any games that play decent with keyboard/mouse? If not i have to buy another

In the core options in RA. You can do it in a certain standalone but i can't remember which one. Also you do not want to to it, the games literally look like minecraft without filtering.

You guys are unhealthy to the sociaty and the industry.

bait

don't forget jack bros