ACE OF SPADES THREAD

ACE OF SPADES THREAD

What is Ace of Spades? A very fun voxel based game where you shoot filthy greens, build and destroy structures, become a tunnel rat, and steal intel sneeki breeki like. It's also available for the low price of
FREE!
So join now, everyone's welcome!

files here, just follow the instructions: mediafire.com/file/p2gy8aev8ua850u/aos054install.msi

Serb is aos://3396296108 (copy/paste into browser bar and press enter)

Other urls found in this thread:

buildandshoot.github.io/
web.archive.org/web/20150527221158/http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3571
web.archive.org/web/20160803044625/http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4820
www87.zippyshare.com/v/CsTmpfFI/file.html
filedropper.com/sks-45
aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/
my.mixtape.moe/gdhjqs.msi
github.com/yvt/openspades/releases/download/v0.0.12/OpenSpades-0.0.12b-Windows.zip
mega.nz/#!9Fp1TbzD!vq-ZYaVCPsQ_YG4vSUAxkgvYaGrlE6Y7Y3oG7Gum6FU
advsys.net/ken/slab6.zip
aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/normandie.html
aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/termina.html
aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/planecrashdisaster.html
aosblogjp.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-28.html
dropbox.com/sh/t61h2ira9u5cvgi/AAAWPkKDIYPyyi-yzkdD3qGAa?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I-is this the .75 version?
It better be, I love fucking with greenfags with my SMG.

Its 0.54
But 54 has the SMG too.
But I think you're an fagget, and I'm a blue

fucking homosexual
I dont disagree on fucking greens up tho

Nigga I was on it.

Is this the pozzed file? Some anons warned about one

who made the ww2 bunker at f7? its really good

What's the difference between the versions lad?

Are you the user that made that image, user?

sure am
I still have the other versions and some other AoS related OC somewhere in my PC

Anyone on linux and want to try VoxelWar?
Or feel like compiling it on windows?

What's VoxelWar?

something some people worked on that adds stuff to the game, like mortars and airstrikes. Thing is, the source code is available, so we could potentially make our own version of it, with an actual LMG and bolt action rifles.

It would be awesome if it added medicine spawns through the map, or maybe regeneration over time (very slow, so camping won't be an option). Although there's this MedKit addon many servers have.

the problem with medicine spawns is that they'll be camped everytime
I think something like a medic class would be good, to emphasize teamplay mostly
however, if there's this added, might as well make it the officer class as well, who can call arty but can only have a pistol

Voxelwar already has selectable spawn gear, so you could probably do this already.

looks like it had good potential, too bad it looks abandoned

But we can fix it, user!

This game doesn't need classes, don't be like Jagex user. Maybe you can get a certain number of medicines or bandages that expose you while using them, only activate health regen for some time, and you can only get them at spawn (maybe 2 or 3 rags/bandages max).
Or just add good ol auto regen. Some games do it well, like Age of Chivalry/Chivalry Medieval Warfare.

or have enemies you kill drop health packs

How about a one-time item, that'd heal maybe 20hp and you'd pack two at a time and reload it at the usual place (like grenades and other munitions)?
I'm still thinking that adding a SL of sorts could be useful but only if you have an actual group of enemies with you, since artillery would need a big cooldown and a pistol wouldn't get you far

No, that could make you go in a killing rampage easily.

That's almost the same shit I said you nigger.

Not really, you can always get shot and die quickly regardless of health. It's just a way to reward invaders since defenders have their HQ to heal.

Is because the servers not running yet or it just me…

user, that mechanic would work, this is a multiplayer game, not a singleplayer one, fag.

An 8ch Ace of Spades (or VoxelWar, whatever) branch would be awesome

It's just you, user. I'm in right now building up greenfort (soon to be green city)

If it weren't for my autism, we'd be up shit creek. Hopefully when we get programmers in on it, we'll be able to make our own AoS and have the servers hosted on Holla Forums that can still be updated.

How does Build and Shoot display their server list? Doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to change the address the game points to.

I wouldn't know, but the site's on life support now.

They're apparently making a new one on github.
buildandshoot.github.io/

Also, server's sorta dead.

I mean, i'm still here, but…

They should just build off of voxelwar and go from there.

I wasted 11 minutes building this.

The voxelwar guy is working on something else now I think.

20 days ago.

the fuck

We're gonna need someone to make better models than those shitposts of models. Anons need to get in on it ASAP.

Tutorials for modding:
web.archive.org/web/20150527221158/http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3571
web.archive.org/web/20160803044625/http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4820

Also, now that he's ditched voxelwar, we can pick up his project and make it ours.

Did you actually build it?

already done
I've made an LMG and a rifle, and they both come with sights
www87.zippyshare.com/v/CsTmpfFI/file.html
I do hope they work in game tho, but if not I can try something else
as for the anti-tank gun of sorts (which seems to be in) I can see what I can do, but I would sure like a copy of the game so I can try it out and figure something out

No that was the imgur he linked.

We really need someone to build it for windows.

bump?

Idling for a while, get in here niggas

Fuck yeah. Can you even fly those planes, or are they airstrikes?

they airstrikes, sadly
but we seriously need someone to compile
I'd give a succ to see and 8 of Spades happen

Revolutionary but we can do better

In that case I guess the client that OP posted doesn't work then…

LIVE SERVER
aos://3396296108

which one of you nogs busted up the gray tower in the greenbase and literally nothing else?

this is why we cant have nice things

Sure as shit aint me nigger

Idling again, come play

me neither

yall sleepin or what

serb down

sorry, serb is down for hdd replacement

can someone make an image that's 728x90 that asks for someone to compile voxelwar for windows

Here you go, user

what boards should i post the ad on?

>>>/cuteboys/
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/islam/
and if all else fails
>>>/furry/

these don't seem like boards with programmers
except maybe >>>/cuteboys/

Why hath thou forsaken us? Shall I make my own server with blackjack and hookers?

Server hard drive is about to fail, I'm backing everything up.

fugg my timing, I keep missing when servers are up

Guys why do we always stick to 0.54? Why not play modded 0.75? Theres a mod that disables SMGs and Shotguns that would make the game much better. Plus I cant stand the old client and having to connect by aos:// links.

OpenSpades is far superior and the 0.54 feel can be modded into PySnip

Y'all cuckin'?

bumpu

What mod is it?

Still waiting for though I might host if he still doesn't have it up this evening.

Go ahead, I wanna test out my new rifle skin. The original download link is dead, so I reuploaded it.
filedropper.com/sks-45

Alright. I found a script in the folder that disables the SMG. Do you want it on the serb?

Ok, user, but I don't see what this has to do with vidya.

Yeah.

why do you guys get mad at that shitty weapon barely anyone uses

Nevermind, gonna have to use vanilla for now. Server should be up at aos://834025646

I don't mind it so much, but the script was there.

Why's nobody on it?
aos://834025646
LIVE SERVER

I just saw Krak there but he disappeared the second I got on.

For those on Linux:
In this case

Live server at aos://834025646

Stop bein' losers and wait for the game night.

inderesdading

Hope I can get back on

bump

Going to bed, but I'm leaving the server up. If anyone wants to request a map there's some here you can look at: aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/

ambush, trenches, assault2, arenacastle, castleassault, latticebridge, lonetower, and whitebeach.

Again, why do we play in 0.54 instead of 0.75?

Because of some gameplay changes that most on Holla Forums don't like. I wouldn't mind switching though, since you can use openspades and I think there's more you can do with later pyspades versions. Also like said, you can fix the worst parts serverside. 0.54 server still up at aos://834025646

I 'member playing this back when it was for free.
Any SPQR here?

what gameplay changes?

Server down?

Random shit:

No!
WE BUILD

Post art. My collection is on my old puter.
Extra points for sexy green and blue grils.

aos://834025646 is up with two people

Anything from that voxel war shit come forward? I know some anons looked at it. It would be nice if we at least polished it.

Joining there too.

we're changing to 75 that's why your client crashed

Where is .75 download?

Working on that now.

Vanilla here: my.mixtape.moe/gdhjqs.msi
Open Sauce with bells and whistles here: github.com/yvt/openspades/releases/download/v0.0.12/OpenSpades-0.0.12b-Windows.zip
Linux users might find it in their repos or compile form source. Mac users can find it on github too but fuck off.

Is it up? I couldnt seem to join

no, will be up soon

I've still got vanilla .54 running.

I wait then. Either of you know whats up with that voxel war shit? What needs to be done with it?

Nevermind.

I really just need someone to compile it for windows.
Also, old serb will be back up soon, currently unpacking backups.

I'm not sure how other gamemodes work but 0.75 server up at the same address, aos://16951488

aos://3396296108 is back up

Oh wow I didn't even paste the right address: aos://834025646 But I take it we're going back to ?

wait Im confused, which is which?

Server connection failed on both of these.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ACE OF SPADES

its real

they want ot play ace of spades again

am i dead

we wanna edit voxelwar to make 8 of spades but need a code fag to compile and show us how to do things. It can't be that hard right?

Why are people playing .75?

We codefagged last time and we can do it again

it's more like this

Is there a mega or something?

No, I've wanted to play for a while too.

aos://834025646 is mine and is running pysnip .75
aos://3396296108 is OP's and is running vanilla(?) .54
Both are up. OP's has three people including me and mine is empty.

Openspades and newer pysnip/pyspades.

i'm not OP

what did I fuck up?

6 PLAYERS, GET IN HERE

10 players, join up

Server down?

Just went down I think, wait for fag to post ITT

Changing the map I guess. Have some maymays. I don't think I got any caps worth posting, but I was recording for a while.

we regenned the map

Back up, also I just dicked around with the smg and holy shit it chews up blocks

SMG is far superior, we play with rifles to even the odds

Ah shit, I remember that game. That was the one where I spent the entire tame making a Triforce and also that giant dick.

Oh yeah. I also remember that we were working on some massive underground tunnel system during a temporary truce with the green team I think it was green team only to discover that they already built one.

Am I retard?

we need more nerds
Good map, we had a bit of time to dig in

we strategy an shieet
get in here aos://3396296108

4v4 base assault surrounded by water does not work. Need more Deuce or better map

Why not compile it yourself?

but how dew i dew that?

The instructions are on the github, it looks like you need a D compiler and the libraries it wants

Guess I'll try and fuck with it at somepoint.

Complete green domination tonight

What server are people playing on? I tried connecting to the last two posted in the thread with the version OP posted and they're empty.

wew

Same.

You guys really need to up your game.

What server are you on you faggot

Hey, I made a skin pack with about 40 guns in it, about 90 if you count all variants, of mostly real world guns with a couple of personal designs back in 2011 during the game's heyday. No meme guns either, it's all good, obscure stuff that I never saw anybody post on the old official modding forum. Anybody want me to upload it? Pics related.

Pretty comfy base though. Posting screens.

There's nobody on now, but it was aos://3396296108
About an hour ago we had a single round that lasted almost two hours. The whole thing was tightly coordinated in the team chat and blue never even captured. For a while I defended the base singlehandedly while everyone else rushed the blue fortress in waves. Towards the end they were desperately tunneling to use like slippery mole kikes.

What's with the ridiculous bloom/reflection screenshot?

yes, please upload

It's just openspades on full settings. You can press F1 to save the map so you can look at it later.

Can someone do me a favor and list all the changes from 0.54, prefferably with numbers if you know them. I'm gonna try my hand at making a PySnip mod that recreates 0.54 in OpenSpades. Don't think i can do anything about the shovels and autoclimb tho.

Everything was going so well until the rest of the blues decided to stop defending the base and left me alone against three greens. Once we lost the intel a single time the match was over in like 15 minutes.

I swear I'm never playing as a fucking blue ever again

Okay, here's the full pack:
mega.nz/#!9Fp1TbzD!vq-ZYaVCPsQ_YG4vSUAxkgvYaGrlE6Y7Y3oG7Gum6FU

What software did you make those in?

Oh boy I fucking love AOS threads!
Have a bumb.

All of the models in Ace of Spades are .kv6 voxel models, which can be opened and edited in Slab6 (I forget what the maps are made in):
advsys.net/ken/slab6.zip
You can even modify the player models, but they have to have the maintain the default dimensions, so most folks only ever just changed the surface skins.

Also, if a proper Holla Forums server running maps besides fucking Hallway or Babel mode becomes a thing, I'll definitely hop on today, and I may start taking gun model requests again.

Sounds great, but please give some tutorial to add and select this models into game. We could include all in a pack for next time we play along with some new maps

I could do it if the other guy doesn't

Of course. Hallway gives me ptsd from all those servers full of underage spics and botters

You just replace the original files in C:\Ace of Spades.

I'm that newfag, I got there in the end, it's not like blue stood a chance anyway.
I still haven't figured out how to lower the sensitivity though, I'll probably just have to lower my dpi or windows sensitivity. It's pretty much nigh unplayable when one flick will spin me around 5 times. I can still headshot blues though.

Do you have mouse acceleration on? Your settings in Windows should look like pic related. "enhance pointer precision" is the box for mouse acceleration, which actually does the complete opposite and is pure cancer. The most accurate setting for your mouse is the sixth tick mark on the slider. There's a mouse accel setting in config.ini for newer versions, but it looks like 0.54 might not actually support it. Another reason to switch to servermodded .75 in the future. holy fuck my power might go out before i post this aaaa

yeah I've got that off, I guess I might be just used to low sensitivity, I usually just lower it in game settings but I guess I'll just lower my dpi.

Anybody playing again tonight?

Didn't see your post before, but I've got some other caps from it too. I wasn't there but somebody posted it in another thread a while ago. I see the dick on the map.

i can practice a little in 2 hours. Although i would prefer another map.

what do you mean replace it? i just change the kvl and png folders? what about the player models?

I downloaded OP`s client and it doesn`t work, I can only create servers

What server are people using/planning to use? I'm idling alone in OP's server.

Works on my machine

My guess would be still with 0.54

Trying some new maps.

You have to paste the server link into your browser. Current server is
You can also connect from the command prompt by pasting the link as an argument with a dash:

I mean each individual file. Like, if you made a custom rifle model you'd delete or dename semi.kv6 and put yours there.

Also, have some dank oc

the one you have on now is shit.

Run Normandie pls

Link: aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/normandie.html
This one looks comfy too aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/termina.html
aloha.pk/files/aos/maps/planecrashdisaster.html
with no survivors

You have to tinker around in compatibility settings. It's a bitch to figure out.

Oh, you also have to make sure you're using the right browser. We need to start a list.

Working Browsers:

Broken Browsers:

This building is comfy but change the map again please

bumpan

b-bumpan…

Bumpan with some webms from sunday night.

Bump, we're on normandie now.

I need to catch up on sleep, but I've got the time and monitor to idle for an hour or two.

Here's a rifle-only script if you didn't get that done yet: aosblogjp.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-28.html

You right fuckin' faggot.

Also, fucking hell, one of these days I'll be around when people are actually online. Too busy lately. This sucks, I miss these games.

it says edit right there in the filename bro

Yeh, obviously it's an edit of the original lot.
Typical greens, can't actually produce anything original.

Found the voxelwar client files and other shit.
dropbox.com/sh/t61h2ira9u5cvgi/AAAWPkKDIYPyyi-yzkdD3qGAa?dl=0

Protocol has changed too much for this to work, map fails to load.

It's on github, I even got it compiled and running. I couldn't connect to it from the client on dropbox so it must be too old. The one on github is a pain in the ass so far. i meant to post this at least two hours ago but i didn't see the fucking captcha

Huh, someone other than me is sleuthing this out, cool!

Why do so many spics play Open Spades?

OpenSpades is just a client. They're probably playing on the vanilla client is very toaster friendly.

It's not happening, is it?
Also normandie is a shit map, I miss muh mountains

The biggest problem with playing classic AoS is that you need like 8 people before it becomes fun, which requires a good amount of prep work or serendipity. One of the upcoming Holla Forums weekend multiplayer games is Ace of Spades though, so hopefully that will inspire some more interest on the board and make threads like this more active.
Fuck you, WW1 urban warfare is the shit. Sitting in buildings, watching the streets, hiding out in a church. Normandie is dope

bump!

It's only Friday, I assumed everyone was waiting for the weekend. I'd be up for a game tonight.

who /minetest/ here

I played on the Holla Forums server when there was one, but I haven't since then.

DEAD
FUCKING
GAME

oh shit

Good taste though. Are you the same guy that hosted last time? I spawned in the middle of some forest. Also, maybe a thread is in order.

Yeah, maybe I messed up the world name.
Also, I forgot the octal for rw-rw-rw-

bump?

What's 4+2, bro?

Currently in OP's serb. pls join anons, I feel so lonely in here.

Satanic trips?

Two people on now, just building a fort. It would be nice if we could get a real game going tonight or tomorrow night.

Got a pretty strong green fort going. I'm going to bed, but getting a nice big game going would be nice, maybe tomorrow.

oy vey it's like anudda shoa

I'm going to have a go at compiling the client and everything for windows, wish me luck.

Think we could get a game going tonight? I'll be idling for a while.

holy fucking shit i've been trying to compile radeonsi for like 3000 years help