Playerunknown Battlegrounds

Does anyone play this game except for weird russian people on youtube?

I play it and I wish I didn't. It's fucking killing me, my blood pressure should not be this high

It's FOTM ebin youtube game, a shitload of people play it currently. Although, it looks like it's kinda losing it's spotlight to Rising Storm 2.

I play it sometimes,
It's OK. will probably remain in the "OK" category.

What is up with the games' retarded as fuck name?

Playerunknown is the name of the guy who made the battle royale mods for arma 3 & h1z1

I think some studio offered to make a standalone battle royale game with him involved. I'm probably gonna hold off playing until the new weapons + map gets added, which knowing early access games will probably be a while

He sure does have a goofy ass name. I thought it would be a YouTube cunt at first.

You realise it's the number one streamer/youtuber bait all over the world right now and that it's constantly in the Steam top sellers list, most of the time at the top of the list?

By anyone I kinda meant like anyone that has real thoughts and opinions not generated by some throbbing hivemind in Google's basement.

whatdya want to know?

streamer bait

It's streamer bait just like that 4v1 survival game I've forgotten the name. The game will be dead before it leaves early access because the (((hype))) will be on another streamer bait game.

you mean evolve?

The third person camera allows you to cheat by being able see other players while remaining hidden yourself. So no, I do not play it.

First ad I saw for the game was using streamers to advertise it. It's the newest "early access" cancer that will die within the year.

from what i gather its one of those games where nothing happens, but when streamers play it stuff happens so people buy it

No, I'm thinking about that game that was released last year, 4 people have to build traps to escape while being chased by the killer who is in 1st person.

I've been playing on and off for a few weeks with some friends.
It does lead to some really intense moments.
The only thing holding it back is shitty optimization, lack of variety in guns/items and some polish.

Let's play a game
Okay now predict what the indie Survival scene will do next.

Dead by Daylight.

Next is muh pseudo realistic last man standing/hunger games shit. Since quake champions is getting universal praise (no, fucking seriously, kill me) next is gonna be "fast", hero based games. And then, when Rising Storm 2, which is getting publicity from all the shitty battlefield streamers comes out, they're gonna go with a PTSD simulator fad.

That's the one. Thanks.

I've watched a few streams of it. Seems ok, I'd give it a shot if it didn't cost 30 fucking dollarydoos.

Your timeline is fucked. Playerunknown's original battle royale mod was for Arma 2:Dayz which was released before DayZ standalone, and was incredibly popular. He then went on to make another battle royale for Arma 3 which also became incredibly popular. After that the H1Z1 devs trying to cash in on the Arma 3 Battle Royale's contracted Playerunknown to make their "King of the Kill" which is just Battle Royale again. Then Rust trying to cash in on H1Z1 and Arma 3's Battle Royales popularity made their own Battle Royale clone.
After all of that The Culling is created and now Playerunknown gets his standalone Battle Royale.

The open world survival zombie and the battle royal games do both come from Arma 2:Dayz but their development isn't as intertwined as you make it out to be