Interesting features that can be toggled on/off or changed

I've noticed plenty of games from older times not only had sliders for blood and gore levels, but they also allowed you to change its color to be more child-friendly.

What are the most interesting features you could change in your vidya?

Serious Sam FE and SE had option of replacing gore with flowers, I think it was called 'Hippie mode' That franchise also has most comprehensive graphics settings menu I have seen.

turning off the blood in Turok 2 pacified the zombies because they can only attack by spitting blood.

What?
They could smack you too though.

World at War had some interesting censoring if you put it on. It was so blatant in what they cut and spliced that it became comical.

The Last of Us has an option to adjust the dynamic range. I wish more games had that

Funny how the most well optimized games a have great graphical settings menus

anyone have the pick of the Talos' Principle's graphical setting menu? It's fucking insane that a bunch of Slavs in Croatia made something such that

Makes seeing as it was from the Serious Sam devs.

In Mafia 2 you could turn the car physics to "realistic" which changed how the cars handled pretty heavily.

AI War let you control how much system resources were dedicated to the AI.

???
As in, the draw distance?

I guess it's commands they implement to test said features and figure they might as well keep them in the final product as a good gesture towards the player.

That's actually extra neat.

HDR, difference between darkest and brightest pixel your display supports. And it's a fucking necessary option as [CURRENT YEAR]s HDR displays are in early access alpha stage at best. VR is mature tech when compared to HDR.

That's actually a good part of the reason they give so many options and optimise so well: they're used to everyone having slav-tier toasters so they develop their games accordingly.

going from CRT to LCD was a mistake.

And also why they let graphics scale down so well.

Obligatory.

The PC version of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory lets you toggle whether enemies speak in English or in their own native languages.

STALKER's difficulty changing universal damage, while totally not how you change game difficulty, is an interesting option that I've not seen before or since.

I think it's for good reason. Doesn't really make the game harder and does more to show the flaws in the games design.

That'll be why then.
Still an interesting option that I'd like to see more of in shooters.

I'm not against it being implemented well, but needless to say increasing damage both ways in a game with armor being a necessity at the late game where armor is irreparable and also a limited resource in the game world and its effectiveness goes down the worse condition it is in, well

it's basically the opposite of the mechanical implementation you want in a game.

Croatia has some pretty good crafting skill when it wants to.

Double dubs of truth

As in the range of the audio. The high range between the quit sounds and the loud give it a much more real experience