ITT games that flopped that you really liked

ITT games that flopped that you really liked.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/336300
archive.is/t6nBH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its a shame that we are in a time that RTSs could be really complex and have a lot of things go on, and the popularity of them is gone.

The average PC gamer is too dumb for them or at least that is what companies think. I disagree and think if Dawn of war 3 wasn't a casual shitfest it would have sold well.

Shattered Horizon

Strike Vector

Archimedian Dynasty (well, it did well enough to get two sequels, but I do wish they'd expanded on what they had and made underwater freelancer instead of just trying to be a really good looking but otherwise forgettable 6dof shooter)

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy

Why do they have to have lots of things going on? To this day I'm convinced that everything after C&C1 is bloat.

I'm gonna guess that flopped because of the name.

I don't even know why this one flopped. I mean sure the voice recognition sucked that's about it but everything else was pretty high quality, it looked good, the voice acting was great, the characters were likeable, your decisions had actual impact on the story, the gunplay was satisfying and the gameplay was varied and the PC port wasn't too bad either.

it might have drowned in the sea of all the other TPS at that time

seriously. what an awful name.

It's a name that only works among sci-fi geeks, forcing it into a niche. Even then they could have picked something better.

I vaguely remember hearing about it at release, to reviews in the 7.5 range. I also remember a big deal was made with the voice recognition, implying it was a core part of the game. That turned me off big time. Of course, now that I have it through sega's giveaway, I know that was bullshit.

It's kind of a bummer this year's giveaway was so shit in comparison. A bunch of roms and DLC. Fucking SEGA.

Stop posting about grey goo already. It was a failed RTS because they dumbed it down into the ground in the name of making it "accessible". Not because there's no market for traditional RTS.

Giggty Goo's name played a part yes, but there was more wrong with it than just that. Like the Goo being OP as fuck and the other two factions, in particular Humans being at too high of a disadvantage
Overall though it was surprisingly dull and boring somehow. Nothing about it had any "meat" to the feel if that makes sense? Ashes of the Singularity suffers from the same issues.

It didn't feel dumbed down at all. It just focused on different things than the teams previous C&C games.

there are plenty of reasons why it died so hard but no other game does so many things so well.

i think they tried to be clever & market off of a weird name that would stand out from every other war shootman game. whether that was a bad move or the game was doomed by from the start for not being a -craft sequel i assume blizzfags are like capcomfags

Honestly I was kind of expecting it, the first one was blowing too big a load. And they didn't have all that many PC games to give yet

I hope after Vanquish Yakuza is the next one in line to be ported.

It suffered from being really slow in gameplay, heavy on the system and having uninspired units. But it was not a dumbed down RTS.

Terrible advertising and annoyance from fans of the developer at them not rehashing the games they normally make. Add into that the voice and trust systems which, while they didn't hurt the game, featured in marketing to the point where the game looked like it was built around those two gimmicks and there you go.

When an RTS focusses on PvP multiplayer it often ends up feeling bland because they put no real effort into the setting/factions.

For some reason, I just couldn't wrap my brain around Grey Goo. I fear Starcraft 2 made me retarded when it comes to RTS games.

That was probably it yeah, I never see the marketing for the game and only got it through the free Sega bundle. Shame really, the game is great.

Not only was it under-marketed what trailers were released were fucking terrible, you can find them on youtube if you want but it's depressing watching.
Yup, at least if you turn off the voice command nonsense and push through the first hour or so of gameplay.

Also having a quick look through some reviews it seems it was the popular game to hate on in 2012. Also apparently the story triggered some reviewers for not being 'progressive' enough or for your character apparently being sexist or something. I can't say I'm surprised…

This was a surprising amount of fun once you got over the first few hours and learnt how the combat worked. There are a few notable areas of obviously cut content and all but I probably enjoyed it more than the mainline console X-Com games. I was one of the people who shat on the Bureau when I first heard they were going to make X-Com a shooter and I regret that now. I wish they'd made their original FPS instead of having the make the compromise tactical TPS.

it flopped because it didnt offer anything new. rts rarely do, and the ones that do get dumped on by "purists" who are really just tired of the genre in general.

mouse movement was beyond fucked. I had to put it in the 'unplayable' category because it required quitting the game and then run a separate configurator to adjust mouse sensitivity. I tried three times to get the settings right before just giving up.

fantastic taste

Not a great game nor one I truly liked but I always felt Rage had a great base for a series. Just needed a sequel to fix a lot of the problems.

Grey Goo wasn't really good. Never got into it somehow. And I'm a big RTS fan.
Played the (((VIP))) beta of it(why the fuck would you choose such a name?).
I don't know, I might be simply waiting for a new replacement for C&C instead of some new Starcraft copies or E-Sport PvP try-hards.

Well I bought a game called Epigenesis, nobody is playing it anymore.

Act of Aggression, Grey Goo, Ashes of the Singularity, they all miss what made them good.

This was still better than X-COM: Enforcer.

If only someone made an actually good sequel to this game.

That was a game made before it's time and badly needed Online Multiplayer

I got that from PS Plus and I never even bothered trying it since it looked so generic.

It's anything but generic, you should really give it a try.

Shit box art

Its death verdict was somewhere between American McGee (an idea guy) being the director and EA being a complete bitch when it comes to reasonable launch date expectations.

Well I would never have guessed just by looking at it. That's probably why it failed.

Pretty shitty marketing in general it seems.

Split Second and Blur releasing within the same month was the dumbest idea ever. The winner: nobody

Ya but what were they thinking with that cover.
Here's the japanese box art for comparison

I honestly thought it was a western game until now. The Japanese box art there says it's from the Yakuza studio, they should have used that to advertise the western release too.

Honestly, with the launch embedded related had, it deserved to flop. But after v2013, its a legitimately good game.

Alternatively:

I don't care that people say PN03 sucks, I don't care that even its own producer says so, I still had a ton of fun with it.

I liked Gladius but it was a pretty shitty game.

You will never know my pain

This game is constantly on Steam sales for about a buck.
What is it about?

Its made by the same guys whonare conceoting this and are making Rock of Ages 2.
I've never played it but Ace Team makes really unique worth playing stuff so I would say give it a try.
I know I will now since user just reminded me of it.
Also the same dvs who did Zeno Clash

Hows the Deadly Tower of Monsters?

That explains the incredible facial animations during cutscenes and the great cutscenes in general.

This isn't entirely true. I had one playthrough where I went out of my way to make everyone hate Dan and the overall arc of the story doesn't change. The girl still falls in love with him even though her affinity was dropped as low as it could go.

Which is what exactly? What is the missing ingredient that would revive the genre with a new smash hit?

ugh

Speaking of actually good sequels, it pains my heart that Majesty is permanently dead thanks to its sequel.

There was a new game I saw on Steam recently that looks similar.
steamcommunity.com/app/336300

Dunno if it's any good though.

My interest is piqued.

I had a single scratched disk of this game and played it until it crashed many times. Loved how fast it was.

Really miss some of the custom maps for WC3, namely 'The Plague' against computer controlled zombie hordes that turned your units after death with a surprisingly intricate backstory. Also, this was mentioned in another thread but Eternal Silence was the best Sourcemod. One of my all time favorite games and it died so quickly, probably because the name and advertising were so bland even though the gameplay, both flying and fps, were so excellent. Even though I played this mid 2000s, it's still better than almost any shooter around.

Personally, I'm just happy that Hotline Miami became such a hit.

It ends when it feels like the second half of the game should have started, and Square Enix fucked the game with retarded microtransactions, DLC, preorders and shit, but it was legitimately great in most regards save for some of the writing. Almost liked it as much as the original Deus Ex up until I realized it was hilariously incomplete.

But due to all of this the game wound up flopping in sales, and the team was split up to work on Marvel movie tie-ins. Given one more game I think we could have truly had something great on our hands.

Yes I know that the original Deus Ex will always be the best of the franchise and that everything after it has paled in comparison. Yes I know it has some retarded socjus shit in it. Yes I've seen Ross' Game Dungeon. You aren't going to say anything that I don't already know and it isn't going to change my opinion of the game any.

That's like the definition of this thread.

firefall

user most things are better than X-Com: Enforcer.

It was intentionally trying to appeal to western audiences and ape western games in general.

Pretty sure it just changes who survives the ending.

Eternal Silence is going to be one of Holla Forums's gamenights in a month or two.

Alpha Protocol flopped for understandable reasons: its 'flaws' were just a result of being a true RPG but you'll never market hardcore RPGs to normalfags successfully so it was doomed to flop. Some of these other games could have succeeded with a few small tweaks (better marketing primarily).

desync

had a lot of fun and the devs are cool (your name in the game goes purple when you reach 100% unlocks and the devs send you an email) wish there were more players on the leaderboards

Feels bad man.

Aquanox Deep Descent is in development by THQ-Nordic and looks like it might actually be a worthy sequel to AD.

You just liked watching her gyrate.

Looks more like a city builder with a heroes gimmick than Majesty. Not that I don't like city builders but Majesty was unique. Still it can't be worse than Majesty 2.

Toxikk

Both were good games. Neither were good followups to their preceding games before them

Its garbage AI was one of the reason why I didn't like it. I also didn't like the game in general, but I also didn't like Mass Effect games so just not my type of game I guess

That's really not an achievement

really needs a PC port or a copycat game.

Didn't think the game flopped, the devs said they recouped and made a profit enough to make IS Defense, now they're making that Ancestors Third-person/RTS game

G8 B8 M8

WiiU game flopped
PC game flopped

Stupid Nintendo
Stupid Nexon

I R8 8/8

The THQ bankruptcy might have fucked the game up, it was interesting, but goddamn what were they thinking with their deals with Nintendo and Nexon

Lets hooe Sega and Platinum actually port them

If the AI wasn't garbage and your teammates weren't tied to you with an invisible leash things would better. Nothing was as frustrating as trying to get a firebase going, then flank an enemy just to see that your buddies that you were using to cover you are now right next to you.

The studio who did the game made it into a Bioshock-clone but XCOM edition fps with horror elements and investigations, when the fantard outcry happened, the suits decided to scrap like the entire game even though it was almost done, imagine a studio that specializes in FPS games forced to redo the entire thing and make it into a shitty Mass Effect third person shooter, with no personality and choices that really don't fucking matter. After the garbage sales, the studio had to let go a lot of people, XCOM fanboys are fucking retarded pieces of shit.

Woah fucking XCOM fans, Syndicate fans are also such retards for not buying that mediocre FPS either.
kill yourself

Now you're talking like a retarded money-grabbing kike. they finished the fucking game and looking at all the videos before it got turned into a gigantic turd person shooter with stupid ending choices, it was a better spin-off game, but you actually agree with the suits who ordered the studio wasting even more time and money while the quality went to shit making into into that garbage? no user, you should kill yourself but first reevaluate why you're a gigantic retard who can't differentiate a spin-off prequel that would expand the franchise's setting and scope and a FPS rebboot published by EA, now kill yourself

Eat shit, I don't have to do market research for them, it not the fanbases fault these suits are fucking retards and out of touch.
Kill yourself for defending them, you sound like a fucking journo.

Holy fucking shit, not only are you retarded aspie faggot, but you can't even argue that the FPS game was shit or even worse than that gigantic piece nor was it economical to even sell and market the game as it was than make it into a third person shooter with veteran developers who made fucking SWAT, Tribes, and System Shock 2, all fucking fps games and did I defend the fucking publisher you underage cuckchan newfaggot?
Yeah, get the fuck back to cuckchan, oh wait, it's down no wonder you're showing your cancer here.

It flopped in open beta long, long before it left beta and officially flopped, but closed beta/alpha were good enough to feel like the game was already 90% complete. On the plus side, Hawken taught me to finally realize that there is no such thing as a good freemium game.

The final nail in the coffin was them trying to proclaim their great virtue in equality, glad they fucking closed down. archive.is/t6nBH

ACTUALLY.
Bomberman Zero was more inline with the original bomberman concept than the little man we know today.
Bomberman Zero actual referenced the game that the franchise was inspired by as well.

Guilty pleasure. The wingsticks and pop rockets were a lot of fun. I 100%ed it for some reason

You're not the only one. It didn't feel cohesive, for some reason. It's hard to put in words. I really wanted to like the game too.

Brink

Didn't they release an expansion with a new race

It pisses me off knowing the game franchise ended on the 2nd act and it was all because of the publisher being a kike. This game could have worked great if
And now the Deus EX IP is dead

It's only the size of a briefcase.
t. owner of both a briefcase and an OG box.

Reminder that if the patterns holds true, in ten or so years we'll see rumors of a new Deus Ex with a new setting that will in turn be just as good as HR and DE1 by a new set of developers that also understand the appeal to a strong degree.

The original is still the best though, yeah.

Never heard of this, Jesus Christ how horrifying.

Another case of shitty boxart but decent game.. Why the fuck is it all blue!? The guy in the front looks like he's trying not to shit himself and those blood splatters look like 2d milkstains. Also what room are they in, and why does it look like they're is a fucking semi circular tv behind them? The difficulty on this game was fucking next level and the gameplay was actually decent but the box art was so bad that it actually repulsed most people except fans of the franchise. Holy shit.

I will never not be salty over their constant mistakes. Everybody expected a revival of chunky robot games when it came out alongside MWO and somehow 'both' of them failed. That disappointment is worse than Hellgate: London.

The vehicle creation mechanics were great, I'll admit, but the levels and missions were just terrible. And I really wouldn't say Act Zero was "good" in the sense that it didn't really need to be a game in the first place. The classic mode you can find in any Bomberman game, and the new mode is largely shit. The art style is shit, as well, and it makes it difficult to tell what's going on, compared to traditional Bomberman. The campaign is atrocious, and there is no fucking local multiplayer. I need to repeat this. It is a Bomberman game with no local multiplayer.

For this reason alone I REAAAALLY wanted to get my hands on twisted metal black, but my ps3 only had backwards compatibility for the ps1.. Fuck it. Also they put way too much effort into the main story, it was quite cool but it shouldn't have just scoped in on three characters (pretty blatant retcons at that), something like twisted metal black would have been way cooler.

technically 4 if you count the preacher

That's all you need to play the best game in the series though.

Doesn't help that PGI killed off all Mechwarrior IP competitors, including Mechwarrior Living Legends, Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries, and the AT1:BT which was the Mechwarrior 2 remake being made in a more modern engine cause they couldn't afford competition from non profit free competitors. They also shot down Solaris Tech, which was going to be basically Solaris 7 Arenas fighting but that's because they demanded that Mektek pay them 6 gorillion Shekels to license the IP which priced them out with doing anything with the Mechwarrior IP

I really enjoyed playing RTW's APB, back before the company collapsed and the game was made F2P by the new owners. It was pretty rough around the edges but I thought the core gameplay mechanics were solid. A lot of people shit on it for the driving but I never thought it was that bad. In my opinion, the only major issues were weapon balance and the prevalence of hacking. I spent hundreds of hours in this game with my buddies from college and these remain some of my fondest gaming memories.

I've had my eye on that game for a while but never bought it. I heard it was developed by a lot of ex-Westwood guys. How good is it?

Original MNC > SMNC

I wish this played more like an LA Noire/X-Files game than a combat-heavy TPS. I really liked the setting.

I've played a lot of Blur at LAN parties. This is great for pick-up games. The systems are simple yet coherent and make for a really fun racing game.

I really miss the modding scene of the 2000's. We got some real quality content back then.

That's how it was originally planned, from what I can tell. It was going to mostly be non-humanoid enemies.

What killed it for me was not the lack of complexity but the generic as fuck faction/unit designs and sluggish feel.

Any game that lets me be a complete moron and get a reaction from the NPCs is okay in my book.

must
resist
hype
I know I will fail if it gets VR support.

I love the original game especially Chris Hulsbeck's music.

The game is filler with retarded decisions like these.

MY NIGGA
The music was top-tier too, ROCKETS 5 LIFE.

Man I remember getting a wizard to level 122, or something, fucking meteor storms on everything and anything that pissed him off.

>My lord the evil creature ___ has come

And every time it was this old ass wizard coming out of the elven gambling hall to fuck up the creature stupid enough to fuck with the kingdom that supplied his gambling habit with the fury of a 1000s falling celestial bodies.

Also the sun warrior priestess I got to level 88 was pretty good too.

I guess you could say it was, dead on arrival

i fucking love these edits of sam running people over

looks like she is about to develop a case of skin cancer on 99% of her body

sad

im thinking its more lobster aesthetics

Simcity 5
I cannot stand skylines
It seems that there is no objective, cites are the same.
Where as in simcity 5, every city is a challenge, and is specialized diffrently.
I have sunk more than 200 hours in simcity but less than 10 in shitelines.

It really bothers me how the ass cheeks are glued together.

Horrible bait

whatever you say, EA

is APB no good atm?

doa6 with ass jiggle when? I'm obsessed with tits but a jiggling booty would add a lot

from what i remember when i played there was a lot of cheesing like getting in a car and driving away with a briefcase and just wasting half an hour driving in circles while people scramble to stop you or taking the case to a few point on the map with a single entry/exit point and camping with the whole team. there was also for bombing or deliveries people would just ram the objective point full of cars to block it

If you wanted to play Grey Goo you should have bought it when it first came out. Multiplayer was fun (though fairly unstable) at the start, but the popularity crashed and burned. THEN they started on balance patches that killed anything fun in favor of t1 spam. I don't know what happened after that but I doubt it was ever anything good.

Even if the gameplay WASN'T complete garbage, I would write that game off for getting rid of Mickey Cantor. He was my favorite part of MNC.

There aren't nearly as many players as there once were, and the cash shop weapons are overpowered. It also has typical F2P nonsense, like weapon purchases with ingame currency being just rentals. Also, they "fixed" the "bug" where you could ram into people outside of missions and cause them to explode (imo more of a feature than a bug). Otherwise I don't think it's much different than it used to be. It still has the best customization out of any multiplayer game I've ever played.

The studio seems to be on life support - they recently cut their UK office and moved everything to the US, and my understanding is there's around 20 employees or less still working on the game.

is it still worth playing for the campaign or skirmishes?

Maybe? The balance patches hit SP too, and at some point they fucked up the AI, but that might be fixed. Probably still less-fun than at release. On the other hand, you could pirate an old version if there's any sort of issue.

The original campaign was mainly a tutorial for multiplayer. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't really do anything really interesting. They did release a DLC expansion for the campaign at some point that was probably better but it was long after I'd lost interest so I never played it.

RTS games only require a baseline level of intelligence and like many other games simply require that you follow the most optimal pattern to a higher degree of precision than your opponent, and of course make adjustments based on your opponent's actions.

Innately the actual "complexity" of RTS games if they were actually complex wouldn't involve much input from the player during the actual action phase. That's why RTS games died, high speed micromanagement is the dunning krugerite's idea of something that requires intelligence.

Whereas the more an RTS would make I guess you could say "realistic" use of improved technology would be in how everything is simulated. So the overwhelming majority of player input would be in the preparation, pre-action phase.

People get tired of the typical Starcraft formula of madly clicking in a pre-determined fashion to micromanage bullshit like muh vespene gas and build queues and shit. I don't know how anyone who isn't very easily amused can enjoy repeating those patterns over and over again especially when there's little to no variation once everyone knows the most optimal pattern to take. It then basically all becomes a matter of who can click and macro faster which is not that different than what arena shooters devolve to at the highest levels.

when I say it was a tutorial I don't mean one mission to walk you through how to play an RTS with no story at all. It was just I think 6 missions per faction (played in sequence, no faction select) where you are introduced to each of the faction's tech gradually and forced into situations where each new piece of tech is necessary to advance, thereby teaching you how to make use of it and then you put it all together in the last mission and move to the next faction.

This being different from a much longer campaign that eventually takes off the training wheels and starts mixing it up with situations that are nothing like you would find in MP.

I wouldn't say there's a single such thing, but there are three main ones:

1) Every bum-indie studio trying to create the next big e-sports, making a boring campaign and very lackluster singleplayer modes.

2) Uninteresting and uncohesive faction design and sound design. You know the meaty feeling when you kill an enemy vehicle with a couple of MiG's in C&C:ZH, or when you land a massed Onager shot into a group of infantry in AoE II? None of that exists in any of the recent RTS games, their sound design lacks impact, oomph and feels floaty all the time. Good sound design is incredibly core to making an RTS game that is engaging to play. Secondly many units in new titles seem interesting in concept art but look just terrible ingame from the top view, often leaving you squinting at the screen trying to tell things apart. One very good example of this is Grey Goo, which has interesting factions and units in theory, but they blend into one big mess during gameplay.

3) The third reason is, well.. it's a pretty outdated genre in all honesty. This one's actually a bunch of reasons and not very easily quantifiable, but there's so many issues at the core of the RTS genre that require either finesse to avoid or boldness to fix. On a mechanical level most RTS games are pretty uninteresting and too mathematical. There's too little decision making and too much execution. This wouldn't be a problem were the mechanics themselves interactive or engaging, but it's usually just individually clicking attack move or following the build order and keeping your economy going by executing a bunch of pointless make-busy tasks. Many games in the past decided to take a different route in fixing these problems and so many sub-genres were born, most notably RTTs and 4x. The recent titles trying to 'go back to the roots' or 'bring back the golden age' have not the finesse, instead they stumble over every type of problem inherent to the genre, and as a result fall flat and flop.

I hate that Star craft make RTS about APMs. Strategy shouldn't be about how many moves you can make a second but how good your strategy is. It ruined the genre because people think they can't play an RTS because of how fast their hands need to be. I liked Grey Goo because for the most part it wasn't about APM bullshit but about a long term plan that needed to be adjusted as time went on.

Means they don't have to stick a no entry sign on her.

there was still a lot of APM intensive stuff in Grey Goo, even if it was designed to avoid that. Lots of situations where you needed to manually disperse your units so they couldn't be killed by AOEs especially.

Why did this flop so hard again? I admit it may have played too close to StarCraft but I kinda liked it.

Rubberbanding AI sucked all the fun out of those games.

Thanks for reminding me…

Elaborate.

Majesty 2 wasn't that bad. Had fun with it.

It still hurts

"Holy shit this feels good! And it's free?!"
"Well alright, it's still beta, kinda steep now, but maybe they'll balance it out… I don't have much free time to play it, would be a shame to be forced to play with just the 3 stock mechs"
"I uhh, I guess I'll upgrade my machine eventually, will probably feel great when I do. In the meantime I can play these new maps with no textures! It's like cp_orange and that's just fine with me!"
What the fuck.

I'm almost glad it's dead. But only in a way you can be glad your favorite grandfather that has gone senile, loud and abusive to those around him is finally dead.

Imagine a competent studio having enough time and resources to create a hybrid of the two.
Being an ideas guy feels like being an idiot: you want to be as loud as possible, but you don't know just how stupid your suggestions may be.

GRIP. The guys made a failed kikestarter but they still released what they had. R.I.P Rollcage

How come all cool racing games have the exact same sort of shit soundtrack?
Nail'd
Burnout
Motorstorm
I guess Need for Speed as well…

Everytime its name is mentioned its like an icy dagger into my heart

Goodnight sweet prince ;_; you never will go into battle hearing this theme again

The game pissed me off more than anything, especially with their whole progressive bullshit. I happen to like the microwave on oven look since it reminds me of some militia tier mech cobbled together and some old battletech mechs as well, but it is bullshit how they get rid of more options over time.

One thing that infuriates me more is how robotech ruined the mecha franchise in the U.S. and a lot of oountries for that matter since the faggot who made it wanted more control and money. They tried to even get the rights to the actual japanese shit. Harmony gold is the worst fucking thing to the many franchises.

Not to mention how some of the original creators and current team for battletech are now massive SJWs.

If they ever get punched in the face, it'll never be hard enough.

To be honest it used DX10 didn't it?

Yes, that's the primary reason that it couldn't be on XP. As far as I know, it'd be unreasonable to re-make everything to work on XP. But all of this was happening around the time that Vista was revealing itself to be kinda crap, and their insistence to dive into a pool of shit was baffling and insulting.

What part of intentional sabotage do you not understand?

I wish SupCom had a full sequel instead of the Campaign Expansion that was FAF is still fun tho

the released around the same time as mass effect 3 which was a death sentence

i was going to post this, i even imported the japanese version when the delay happened. i had lots of fun but sega murdered this game and it did have flaws. hopefully platinum uses the characters in future games at least

whole reason i got BD myself was because i knew that and i'm a big fan of yakuza games, if i only saw how they advertised it as "soldiers shoot robots" i probably never would been interested

i hope itagaki recovers

It means she didn't wipe and now she's got a stuckie. :^)

This

or wathever it's called

Holy fucking shit, I wanted to get it after a few months, and a friend just told me "No."
He wouldn't even elaborate, just said "No." and when I pressed him for more info, he just said "if you don't put money in it, the devs will shit down your throat"

That's the fucking mech they give you for free? And they pair you up with ultra-murder-machines anyway?
Fucking hell, how much do the other mechs cost?
Holy fuck, what?
Without all the internals and other shit?

i saw them charging $80 and promising more features and just ignored it from that point on. a lower price point probably would have gotten me to at least look at it.

I keep seeing this game popping up on this place so often, why not make a thread about it?

Their fucking screams, man.

Many fans where upset about that, but the new guys they brought on had really good chemistry. Having two announcers to play off each other works quite well. Their writing got really strong towards the end of the games life. Though it would have been amazing if the game had not died for Mickey to have come back and have lines with the three of them together.

Rage
Shadows Of The Damned
Urban Chaos: Riot Response
True Crime series
The Saboteur
Enslaved
White Knight Chronicles series
Brutal Legend

I will eternally remind people how SEGA fucking kneecapped this game at launch, and did everything they could besides outright cancelling it to murder it.

I got it for free on PS3, played it for 30 minutes, and dropped it because I thought it was generic garbage.
I then got it again with the free SEGA bundle and everyone was talking about how good it was so I tried giving it another chance. The mouse aim is so utterly fucked that it's unplayable. Mouse accel and negative mouse accel both baked in and active simultaneously. Fucking what. I ain't playing a shooter with a goddamn controller so it went right back into the "fucking dropped" pile.

same thing that kills all games..
no r34

it still hurts and its even worse because no one will probably ever do anything like that again

rage felt really rushed, but the gameplay was fun. if i remember it didnt even have proper multiplayer it was just the car stuff for online, so i never played it after i finished.

Walter Hill's best movie bombed fucking hard.

its 20$ on console right now, but if you want to go fast get it on pc

Did the PC port even see the light of day? I remember being decently excited for it but I never saw any news about it other than the announcement.

I pirated it and after being half way trough the game it crashed and when I turned it on the next time there was no save file. I instantly deleted that shit off my drive. I was having fun tho. but fuck that shit.

did you meet the best character in the game yet?

I dunno, it crashed in some building that was flooding with water and I had to go upstairs I think, don't remember too well.

id recommend reinstalling and playing it all the way. i had fun and even reinstalled it a few years after and played it again.

What's the point in making a thread for a dead game?

Unfortunately Shattered Horizon was always meant to be a tech demo first and a game second. They didn't want to bother making it compatible with XP because the entire point of the product was to benchtest DX10.

Still pretty depressing though. It was a fun and unique game.

Being able to queue up and produce multiple units simultaneously. Units with special abilities. Upgrades.

Most of the good Sega Saturn games I grew up with - Shining the Holy Ark, Burning Rangers, etc.

The flopping of GreyGoo only demonstrated that Petroglyph learned FUCKING NOTHING after all these years since their founding. Them releasing 8-bit armies and other 8-bit shit is only confirmation of that. It's like they don't play RTS, or never playing the good OLD RTS, or even played C&C that their fucking predecessors made. Petroglyph fucking infuriates me with their incompetence because I WANT them to succeed, but they only know how to disappoint.

The fuck is this? I looked it up and looked like CS if a weeaboo and parappa fan modded the fuck out of it.

Come on, The Streetfighter recouped thanks to Euro Time

It's got game play kind of like Smash Bro's story mode but a lot better and 10x more interesting.

I played with keyboard and mouse which was a bit funky. It's definitely meant for play with a controller.

It's good. It's challenging. I'd recommend it.

it's a smash clone, but I doubt anyone bought it for the multiplayer. Singleplayer is a shallow but fun rogue-like-like. The game's main gimmick is that you can "capture" enemy souls, allowing you to play as them.
Interesting enemies include a bronze bull that shoots lasers from its eyes, a mimic chest/skeleton with lots of superarmor, and a large winged-lion boss that takes up a forth the screen.
If there's something I really like about the game, it's all the interesting enemy/character designs, and that it's a decent pc smash-clone that plays as fast as melee. Multiplayer is long dead though.
pic is armless bird waif that fights with kicks

its also all based on chilean folklore, of all things

RIP Troika

VTMB was great

I've seen a Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U thread.

you still have all the cars to choose from

unless you really don't want to play as a killer clown that is barely visible inside the vehicle

It had good lore and atmosphere. The gameplay was fun and there was always something to do unless your team was filled with retards. Best assymetrical multiplayer game since AvP2.

Die you degenerate Wraithfag.

Fuck you.

i really liked chivalry when it first released, but months and then years later cracks started showing and the devs pretended like nothing was wrong and started huffing their own farts. it will never stop hurting.

i played that game with my friend and his dentist for a while. i think his dentist still plays, shes apparently one of the better players worldwide.

And now an inferior, but graphically shinier game is really popular.

Splash Damage were never going to make a game worth playing at that stage, you know. We should have expected it. Fucking hell they were bad at balance and game design. The ingredients for a fun game were there but they were the kind of people that Gordon Ramsay tries to save on his TV shows, except game devs instead of cooks.

this hurts me

I enjoyed going fists-only in Chivalry. It was such a great feeling to go up against a knight who thought he was tough shit with his big-ass sword and then just wail on him until he died.

you sure about that famalam?

Please, I play vidya to escape.

That time is long gone shitlord, its current year

Was that game secretly red pilled?

Lawful Evil vs. Chaotic Evil

I'm pretty sure that having sub-humans roam the bad parts of your towns is still a bit better than a foreign political cult dictating how you should live your life to the most minute details, you degenerate closet-commie.

Fam I recommend you brush up on your political ideological history and differences from something past 12th grade public school sources
Nazis are much closer to Lawful Neutral, and Joseph is best Jojo

On topic of the actual thread, I have a big soft spot of mediocre, middle of the line RPGs. Stuff like Mars Wars Logs and that one Game of Thrones RPG by the same studio are mechanically bad but the story is always just interesting enough to keep me going

It really is more of an anime then a game, but unlike every other story heavy, interactive "cinematic" game, it's actually fucking fun.

In fact, It was the most fun I ever had with something since I was a kid and I found DBZ for the first time.

Capcom really dropped the ball on it: The Walking Dead came out only 2 months later, had Asura's Wrath not been a 60$ title but each episode was like a 3$ purchase, it probably would have sold a fuck ton.

That's pretty minute detail. And every fuck up the commies made was replicated by the nazis to some extend. They didn't value human life or decency. They were power-hungry animals that wanted to assimilate/enslave everybody to their idiot cult or have them removed from the existence. Nazis were literally what would happen if the most rabid SJWs were smart enough to get total power.

Ya the campaign was ass but the online was really fun. I also enjoyed that the fastest way to get around corner was just to smash you car into the wall.

It was a game-long tutorial with just one fun part, the bonus stage that was suspended in the air. They fucked up.

I see you haven't studied Nazi Germany whatsoever. Everything you just said is like some jewish propagandist's wet dream. Which is to say, absolutely incorrect. Did you know that Hitler even set up a program for jews to move to Israel (back then called Palestine) with everything they owned? Sponsored by the government and everything.

And I'll just reverse your greentext back at you

If anyone wants to be salty about this derail, blame the faggot I'm responding to for being wrong.

Archanum
Rise of legends
Heavy Gear
Anachronox
Septerra Core
Tron 2.0
Gorky 17

the sound track on this holy shit

I got it on a CD from a gaming mag like 15 years ago and there isn't a single game I hate more in my entire life. Just complete shit on multiple levels, and frustratingly broken to boot. Arcanum which you also mentioned is broken as fuck too but at least atmospheric and enjoyable, Septerra is just awful.