Grinders

Do comfy grinders still exist?

Why can't I just roam the world and kill shit at my own pace?

Lineage 2 tries to attract modern gamers by filling the world with a gorillian quests and consolidating their 50 classes to just a handful.
Ragnarok Online also does the same with their "Renewal" patch.
Tree of Savior the supposed successor to RO also filled with quests
Every Korean MMO since WoW is just a WoW clone. No new grinders.

MapleStory.

/thread

That sounds awful and casual.
What mmo currently has the most classes?

For modern, probably Tree of Savior, but the game is littered with quests everywhere. You can't just level wherever/whenever.

i miss lineage 2. it was so much fun being a jew dwarf and just making money for sitting on my ass selling soulshots.

I played that and didn't like it.
Also yeah I prefer getting most of my exp and money and loot from monsters diablo style, not from quests.
I think I'm gonna second ops request.
I mean as far as "roaming" goes I guess you can try sacred, but I'd rather have something online. But it feels like it doesn't exist.

I like how Dwarf males were what you would expect but then the females were just lolis.

Also Dwarves are just Scavenger ->Rogue and Artisan->Warrior

Recently they gave each race racial abilities mimicking their old skills prior to consolidation since people complained.

These days I play Path of Exile as thats the closest thing to what I want, but it's not open world or an MMO.

I was actually playing Sacred 1 and 2 recently but the combat is shit to me.

i have no idea what you're talking about. honestly, i stopped playing anything after Kamaels.

everytime i get an L2 itch i find a C4 or Interlude server. the problem for me is that since i live too far i get massive ping in every decent server.

There is also lost ark but it's pretty shit.

good choice, pretty much everything after Hellbound was shit.

no i mean, i never played official, it was always private servers for me. even then, after the private server i played on upgraded to Kamael i kinda lost interest and so did my friends.

besides the class i liked the most was Gladiator, and nobody wanted a gladiator in their party because muh destroyer is better, but i didnt want to play a nigger orc.

Why don't you play a Ragnarok private server?

For sieges melee were meatshields and forcing space, what melee you were didn't matter. Ranged classes were the real damage. For skirmishes yeah it made a difference, but you could make up for it with grinding.

Lost Ark looks like an extremely well polished D3. Which is still shit because D3 is a pile of shit in all aspects.

Ragnarok Private servers are more pay to win than the official ones with their "Donor Benefits/Shops" and retarded custom content like wings.

TalonRo seems to be good with that. They have donation items, but even if you don't donate you can still get them, it would just take a little longer. Merchant also sell them all the time anyway.

It's never coming back.

this.
actually played talonRO for a little while. good consistent community and friendly. and like he said you can still get all the stuff in the game normally just take a little longer.

Sounds familiar.

Op is looking for a game to grind is ass off though.

i won't fall for this shit EVER again.

You could always wait around for the summer for the seasonal ROfags to come back.

for serious though. you'll get to max level in like a week and the only thing worth buying in the store in Kaho's horns because it takes the longest to grind that item.

Well there is a difference between enemies being prime source of income and time gates.

he can grind it off on my dick if he's cuteā€¦

>discovered an exploit where if you left a mob at

what did they mean by this

leave newfag

This. TalonRO's donation items are just vanilla rare-drop/grind-a-thon items. The only items with custom stats are useless vanilla items re-tooled into being somewhat usable.

Black Desert Online has you grinding mobs for combat experience, quests are just for grinding CP experience/knowledge and some unlocks like inventory upgrades.

There was nothing comfy about RO. That game sucked your life out on purpose and then taunts you with below a tenth chance of card drops just to keep you going at a useless task simply to get some competitive edge in either Emp, MVP farming, or PVP.

Sure it was, I could logon for as much or as little as I wanted. Do some hunting, return to town, npc the useless shit and vend my useful finds to other players. If I was bored with some area I could just go to another area. Hunt for other cards, gear, ingredients etc. Maybe if I was feeling Jewish or lazy on the day, do some d/c vending with my Merchant, sell convenience items right outside a dungeon or do some buying and selling.

In regards to competitiveness, I've seen several people solo take MvPs from top guilds before and duelists waste Guilds times in WoE because they know how to armor switch properly.

why do you people keep advocating for this shit server

fucking dropped

OP try Wakfu. i haven't played since like the beta, but when i did, there weren't a tidal wave of quests like in other mmo's. my friends would drag me to places just to grind all the time

How is it different from modern mmos?

Logon to WoWclone # 82732

Dungeon minimum, 30 minutes. If group sucks 1 hour.
Raids Minimum 1 hour, if group sucks 3 hours.

Soulbound Items, I can't just hunt and sell things. I gotta repeated scripted dungeon encounters forever. Can't just Jew things, can't just setup shop next to dungeons coz there is no real world ,people just teleport to instances instantly through their dungeon finder tool.

I can't relate to that since I only played action mmos like Warframe or PSO2 where you rarely get to spend more than 20 minutes on any given task, but that sounds fucking horrible.

Try OriginsRO.
Not only it's pre-renewal, but it has absolutely no pay-to-win/donate features (donation NPC just mocks the player).
And the real deal to me is that it has no custom NPCs like healers, buffers and warpers, this shit breaks the game. No resets either so you will have to plan ahead and level with parties (there is stuff like custom hairs and colors, tough).
It also has a good anti bot system(not gepard, dunno what they do) and some other anti-cheat stuff(you can dual client, but your exp gets a significant penalty)
It is unique in that it simulates the old days, old content only(old morroc, enemy positioning, no einbroch and beyond, etc) and still no transclasses, but it still updates at some rate and transclasses are soon to be.

nah

What's the catch? How do they pay for servers and shit?

I heard the admin has a job.

Preposterous!

The lack of donations and shit sounds great, keeping the more bare-bones experience is all well and good. But if there's no trans and it's still pre-Schwartzvald republic expansion, then that means that so much worthwhile content is just missing. No Biolabs, no Metalings, no Hill Winds, no Rachel Sanc, no Hugel, no Thanatos' Tower, no Homunculi (poor fucking Alchs, man, as if they needed to be shit on any harder pre-trans & pre-Soul Linkers). Why bother waiting however long it takes for that content to arrive when there have got to be at least a few other servers with the later content that are also jew-free.

Fuck it, might as well just wait until Summer and see if HeRO happens again or if something else happens.

Tbh sounds like a good place to start if you haven't touched RO before, but just not good enough for a vet.
Since I belong to the first category I'll try this shit out. I don't even mind grinding all alone, as long as it is at least barely viable, but if there is some sort of guild/team I'll join.

Yeah, it's a bit of a bummer, but it's also interesting seeing players, even veterans using very common hats and gear. The best one I've seen people using is marionette hat.
The content is added eventually, it's probably interesting having these kinds of content gradually added while you already have a max leveled character.

I don't think there are, specially without healers and warpers.

See you guys 4 hours later.

Ok 5 mins left for this Origins RO thing.
Should I know anything beforehead, or it's fine to go in blind. I never played RO before, but it can't be much different from other MMOs right? I hope it fucking is

Explore, mess around, do whatever you want. This game is more about the moment to moment experience and self set goals. The most common goal besides just messing around and having fun was autisming or copying some build and completing and optimizing it.

There are some "end game" goals you can give yourself if you want to PvP (WoE) or design your character to effectively kill certain boss monsters (MvP) or farm certain areas.

Oh, if you're completely new then yeah, it's a little different.

If that server has the tutorial area enabled, go through it. It will tell you the basics, and will get you to job level 10 quickly so you can job-change. Depending on what class you want to be, you'll be heading to different towns. If they have the tutorial area, then you can get warped to the required town after doing the job-quiz, if not, you'll be hoofing it from Prontera or using Kafra warps.

Oh, and turn on the BGM.

Can I fuck up my build or there are respec options? How important builds are to begin with?
I'm not very interested in PvP if that matters.

You can fuck up your build pretty easily. And it sounds like that server has no respec so if you mess up you're fucked.

Builds are important, there are a couple different builds for each class and each one requires either specific gear, specific skills, or specific stats, so you need to know what you want to do in order to inform your stat and skill choices.

What class are you shooting for?

If you're new to RO and playing alone, I'd just experiment and explore early on. RO thrives on letting you carve your own path so if you ever find yourself a little lost or confused you can always do some reading online or research on RateMyServer to find another, more lucrative journey.

I've never played OriginsRO so I don't know if they have some sort of respec NPC or options, most servers do, but by default/vanilla you couldn't really do that.

I want to fuck shit up. I guess it's called DPS in these kinds of games.

I don't mind rerolling or what not, but I tend to run out of characters' names fairly quickly.
For fuck's sake.

Also
I guess this is the part of the experience.

Also I may be retarded but there isn't obvious option to turn characters' sprites filtering off? I want muh pixels.
Sorry for triple post.

Here's the classes that I believe do the most damge, based on a mix of hearsay and personal experience.
Wizards are great at fucking shit up, and leveling at 70+ involves luring 20 enemies to get OHKO'd by an AOE from a wizard, but wizards are probably the most build-intensive class next to sage, and magic doesn't scale from weapon atk pre-renewal, so you need specific gear that gives +% damage and a very specific weapon in the late game to deal with magic resist.
Assassins are simple to play and can be self-sufficient, whittling down enemies while dodging 95% of attacks, but they really are just not good at fighting more than one thing at a time.
Hunters can do very high damage and have the obvious advantage over assassins of being ranged, and they are the easiest class to use optimal elements with thanks to special arrows (other classes need a weapon that matches that element), but you need a highly upgraded bow to stand out.
Knights can also do high damage with the right setup, and monks have very high potential, but swordsman isn't as beginner-friendly as it looks, and monk is definitely a class for experts who can deal with leveling a battle acolyte.

Ok well, in terms of DPS, since that server doesn't have Transcendent classes yet, your options are a little more limited. Hunter, or Wizard are your best bets. There are some other choices, but they rely heavily on expensive gear (like Asura Strike Monks, or Mammonite Blacksmiths).

I think you can turn filtering off in the setup exe.

Who the hell enjoys doing the same task over and over again? Not me, i'm not japanese or autistic.

Best options are Wizard or Hunter like the other anons said. Elemental spells and arrows allow Wizards and Hunters to skip the money grind for elemental weapons other classes need to go through when elements become a big part of efficient grinding, which happens around level 60.

Can one character fund others? As in share money, gear and such?

Your storage is for all characters on your account. Most people make a merchant character and level it to 30 or so just to sell and buy from npc shops at a 20% better rate. Some people use a hunter to kill enemies with drops that npc for about 1000z from a distance to fund characters that aren't as good at solo farming.

It depends how the server is set up. Some servers have global storage and banking systems that let you easily share resources between characters. Others force you to use the mailing system to send stuff to your own characters.

Since that server is so close to being vanilla, I think you'd need to double-client a second character on an alternate account to mule the items/zeny across.

It will depend on what and where you are which class is the best. Generically speaking, Wizard or Hunter especially for a new starter with no resources. How you would exactly build will depend on what you want to focus on.

If you're a Wizard, max INT then dex, vit or str depending on whether you feel you cast too slow, need more HP or carrying capacity to carry potions, extra gear and loots. Common distributions are INT/DEX, INT/VIT, INT/DEX/VIT or INT/VIT/STR. Builds without dex often rely on a card that makes your casts uninterruptable (Phen Card) but increases your cast time OR team work.

Skill-wise will depend on what content you want to be doing, the mage phase will rely on what kind of content you're grinding on.Not sure about OriginRO patch level. But when I was last playing alot, you'd get firebolt maxed first coz you'd be fighting stuff weak to fire for fast leveling. But at Wizard stage people mostly went with Ice/Lightning because freezing things turned them into water element, which boosted your lightning spells and out of the 3 big elemental AoE skills fire was bad due to the way meteors randomly fall.

Hunter I didn't really play much but there were 3 main types of hunters and you could make builds which hybrid their features which may rely on different stats. Auto Attack builds rely on Dex/Agi for damage and attack speed. Double Strafe spammers would have Dex/AGI/INT/STR depending on their potion budget. Falconers would have INT because falcon damage relied on it. Auto-attack falconers would have LUK because that would make the falcon automatically trigger more often on auto attacks. Been a long time since i've played so you may wanna google to confirm Hunter info though.

Be sure to have a second account with a Merchant so you can use their overcharge skill to sell your loot for more and discount skill to buy stuff off the npcs for cheaper. When you start acquiring nice loots or lots of useful ingredients, create a third account with just a Merchant with the vend skill leveled so you can have your shop open 24/7

Everything except money, you'll need a second account to transfer Zeny.

You come onto message boards and press F5 over and over again.

You can deny it all you want, but human nature is inherently friendly towards performing the same shit over and over again.

Got it thanks.

God DAMN OP why do you have to remind me there is no Holla Forums Clans in private server Lineage

Your shill tactics don't work here, anyone with half a day on this board would know that BDO has become absolute trash.

It sarted this way. You don't count closed-pre-beta or whatever the fuck it was in korea, after which koreans being koreans asked for simplifying and streamlining of everything in game.

i still play bdo casually, almost lv 56 now after a week of comfy, i just wish it would lag less in crowded places but its not too much of an issue. oh and guess what im having fun

just gonna put it out there, can't get confier than that

Its the best

Or you know, Rune Factory, the actual good games that Starjew Valley rips off

Stardew Valley is clearly influenced by Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons you retard. Rune Factory uses those games as a base too. Think of it as two possible evolutions of Harvest Moon.

I don't know why everyone thinks Koreans are the best at anything. They are Russian-tier whiners with American levels of hacking (aka an absurd amount of cheaters). They do well enough at simple and repetitive games due to Asian autism, but the minute they need to think on their feet they get wrecked. Especially shooters and any strategy game that isn't a shitty rock-paper-scissors game with 5 minute matches (looking at you Starcraft)

Oh yeah this is a great suggestion. You can play solo or join Holla Forums. Comfy as fuck either way.

Dont forget that RO has a fucking huge backstory and in game lore.

Been playing RO on a server called Rise of Midgard. Pre-renewal, low population which I find nice for shutting my brain off and killing stuff. Cash shop is cosmetic + battle manuals only.

What is the context of that picture and why does it give me a boner?

Biochem/Creator(even with nerfed MVP vit) with clown and Champion are by far the best for MVPs if I remember right

so whats the difference between novaro and origins ro??

I was playing MMOs while you were still wearing diapers.

I only played on Nova, but they look pretty damn different to me in pretty much every way, unless I'm confusing one or the other with something else. Nova is a very streamlined modern MMO, you can get to level 100 in a day or two, and 175 in a week or two, the rest is grinding instances for better gear (basically it's RO in looks and core mechanics only). Origins looks to be a very minimalist server with staggered content releases (many servers just stick with the last couple of updates before renewal), that might be nice for a pure experience.

Shit son, me too. I can't wait for the next time we all get back together, but the vidya game nights will have to do now.

It does look pretty nifty, and the card drop rate is an interesting change, but how is the economy? Would I be able to buy obscure items for specific builds, or is there a drought of stuff like MVP drops?