Will video games make us smarter?

intelligencesquaredus.org/debates/video-games-will-make-us-smarter

No. There, I saved you an hour and thirty-five minutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ZAM4V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First: Archive your shit, idiot.
Second: Nice blog post. A question and a sentence.

They're good for training spatial and mathematical skills and reaction times, but anything beyond that is stuff that doesn't require the medium itself. Training doesn't increase natural capacity, though, it just bring out unused potential. So no.

yeah i played so many videogames i can stop bullets at point blank with my fingers now.

we should form an anti-crime Holla Forums squad.

suck a dick

Go to hell, faggot.
archive.is/ZAM4V

Never thought I'd /thread the OP post, but here we are
/thread

I think it depends on whether the game holds your hand or doesn't.

What's this image from?
Can't find it on reverse image search.

Actual studies have shown it's more of a "precision of saccade (eye jump)" thing than large scale motor movements.

Urban Chaos made me learn French after i fucked around in the language/audio options once.

>>>/cuckchan/

if it wasn't for videogames i probably wouldn't be failing university right now
gamedev is good for you though, it's the only reason why i can into vectors

Reminder that this is nothing more than the Common Core narrative which has 10 billion dollars put behind it by kikes and shabbos goyim. You’re going to see it shilled until its creators are hanged in the streets.

Yes, Japan is the opposite of America when it comes to censorship of violence versus sexuality.

Nice, thanks

Just a couple years ago, I'd still find myself wondering how older people could become misanthropic curmudgeons that wanted nothing to do with the rest of the world. Watching the "intellectuals" of our society waste their time with such moronic shit for the past few years has made me want to cut myself off from the rest of the world.

But that's wrong. Haven't you ever read hentai? There's usually black bars on cocks when they appear.

Really? I thought that finding out that the reason behind everything turning to shit before your eyes was because of a (((plot))) with no clear end goal would be what drags you down.

Or sometimes just on weird parts, like only censoring the ridge of the glans. WTF is that shit?

Yeah I know, initially I also wanted to say something like "Oh Japan", but it didn't sound right, so I didn't write it thinking that it's self-implied, like I know that's how Japan does, but it's still surprising, like no matter how many train crashes you see, it always shocks/surprises you, but I guess with Poe's Law and all I just came out as a newfag who doesn't know anything about hentai/doujins.

Mostly yes, but some just put them, because of tradition, that's why you sometimes see a giant dick with a tiny black line, that censors nothing. Also in this case in the third pic bottom-left panel you can clearly see that guy/zombie or whatever's dick with no black lines/mosaic effect/other types of censorship.

In theory: Video games can definitely make you smarter. Neuroplasticity offers us a way to optimize our thinking skills. However, video games aren't the only medium that can do this. Reading Mensa puzzle books can accomplish the same thing. However, video games are better for developing twitch reflexes, and are just more fun. Or at least they used to be more fun.

In practice: Look at this fucking board.

Video games were a huge contribution to me learning English when I was younger.
Other than that I can't really say they have that much intellectual merit.

yuh huh

helped me learn to read

No, actually.

Reading doesn't make you smarter.

i guess reading doesnt really increase your ability to remember and learn information, if dats wot da smartz is.

apply and learn

Don't they help with hand coordination and movement thoughñ I recall seeing a study linked to heart surgeons who were gamers.

back to wherever you came from faggot

No.
Holla Forums is proof of that.