Fighting Game General: "Goodbye Tohru Sakurai, thanks for the girls!" Edition

Ed confirmed as SFV's next DLC character. He uses simplified inputs compared to the rest of the roster.
New beta test confirmed for May 11~14: capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/05/01/capcom-fighters-network-beta-2-coming-to-ps4-and-pc-may-11-14
The game will be released today, 05/16/2017.
Starfire, Red Hood and Subzero confirmed as the first 3 DLC characters: youtube.com/watch?v=mB6BHtwigEA
youtube.com/watch?v=YIOTVmjCuNs
Microtransaction model confirmed to only affects colors and fast unlock stuff that can be normally unlocked by playing the game.
Darkseid is preorder exclusive at release. PowerGirl, Zoom and John Stewart are special skins available on some pre-order bundles.
Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users. Harada is asking who the fans wants to be in the game.
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. The game will be released on June, 1st. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character. She will be put as a regular DLC a month later.
PC version released: store.steampowered.com/app/586140/BlazBlue_Centralfiction/
Gameplay and characters available detailed: gameinformer.com/games/marvel_vs_capcom_infinite/b/playstation4/archive/2017/04/27/50-details-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite.aspx
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, other 5 DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.
The console version will be released in Japan on May 25th, May 26th in North America. June 1st on Steam.
There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. The game will be released on July 20 in Japan in physical and digital media on PS4. Digital only for PS3 and Vita.
The new version comes with new characters, crossplay on PS3 and PS4, new modes and balance update.
KoF XIV is comfirmed to be getting a PC port.It's coming this May and there is a closed beta being prepared right now.
Whip, Yamazaki, Vanessa and Rock Howard were released on PSN.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system. KOFXIII, 98UMFE and 2002UM on Steam are all based on their arcade versions
SEGA plans to revive older IPs: archive.is/Ii1Lu
Mr Wizard has released a rankings list based on the number of entrants for each game at EVO on twitter: twitter.com/MrWiz/status/862044228217470976
EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.
Punch Planet new video featuring combos: youtube.com/watch?v=43QjykqeKiI
Cerebrawl new character: youtube.com/watch?v=ayHtKpk5ib4
Trajes Fatais(TRAF) will be released outside of Brazil under the name TRAF: Suits of Fate
Fightin' Herds latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=ipvxFkQ4iaw
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord Group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Archive of last thread: archive.is/rkPG5

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ComboBreakerFGC/status/864262831042043904
funnygames.com.br/jogo/teen_titans_battle_blitz.html
flyingpowerdisc.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/571260/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_XIV_STEAM_EDITION/
twitter.com/StudioS_ShiN/status/865167520105349121
steamcharts.com/app/520440
play-asia.com/breakers-play-asiacom-exclusive/13/70b539
trtchampionship.com.br/
youtube.com/user/gatoraykof/videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mooAX-0W1PeIT0Q_DJ_Pta
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mAUpu-zavo5igbgv_XPHkM
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1neU_6e2XXm8fi7Nz0nECPL
dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_King_of_Fighters_XIV
dreamcancel.com/2011/09/16/fuzzy-guarding-tutorial-by-phoenix/
8ch.net/fighters/catalog.html
twitch.tv/buttonmashersjp
twitch.tv/evojapan03
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How are your SFV games going, guys?

ill play Injustice 2 on the near gaming cafe if they get one

and hopefully i won't have to buy a PS4

Reminder to join the discord, especially to the guy who actually made his own because he didn't read the OP

>He's actually kinda okay and fair gameplay wise compared to everyone else

Is there any FG developer worse than Capcom right now?

Some cyber bulling.

OP, SFV's beta is already over and today is the release date of Injustice2.

Also, post mains.

it was a better game than SFV tbh

Damn that sucks, it's gonna be weird not having him give input on the story/characters for AH4. Also I guess were gonna have to wait a bit longer for that Six Star PC port kickstarter.

This is too good!

I wonder how Arc would make a DC game. Imagine if they had the budget Nether received?

DRAWFAGS, YOU BETTER SHOW YOURSELVES!

I think Capcom just thought they could get away with a moba like product, but forgot about the online. I mean, nips and online are not things that always go well together. But, seriously, Nether had been beating Capcom since MK9 vs SSFIV.
But hell, MK X was released almost one year before SF V and it still have more content in the Basic version than SFV have now.

I did add that Injustice would launch today. And I need to do my card.

Didn't really change anything, will probably change Kokoro in DoA5 with someone else after I test out a few other characters, I've been playing Kokoro a bit more, usually I just played her when playing tag matches with Akira, but she just doesn't feel right like Akira does (though I have a lot of practice with Akira since I mained him ever since I first played VF2).

What's the game fighting game that was made by only one guy and where the entire cast consisted of lolis called again? I really want to play it but I forgot the name.

Which fighting game has the best Cakes/Milfs/Aras?

Well, seeing as every image you posted is a KoF girl, i think you already know the answer.

Nvm I found it.

What was it?

Vanguard Princess

Eight Marbles 2x
The greatest fighting game of all time

well the game you're looking for certainly can't be the one in the screenshot you posted then.

that's sad
I just got into 3LM last year too.

I decided to rework my main team, it's now Alice/Angel/Geese with Xanadu being in one of my secondary teams as Xanadu/Sylvie/Vanessa
I thought it was weird that I played Chun-li in every main game but this one, so I shoved her in my secondaries
I'm going to main Ivy with Scarecrow being my top secondary, my other secondaries is Big guy, Joker and Atrocitus.

you really like that red white and blue color scheme dontcha

what

Fuck, I though you meant Edmund Honda
Is Blanka ever going to make it to SFV?

What?
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?
DO THEY NOT KNOW HOW TCP AND FIREWALLS FUCKING WORK? DO YOU THINK YOU NEED TO DO THAT WITH CENTRALIZED SERVERS?

Looks like it counts the whole game towards the costume cost

who fucking cares

Even if I'm a Luongfag, I gotta say "soucalibur doe"

Injustice 2 movie is all over YT by now. Unsurprisingly, it's more of "Batman bosses and beats everyone up and here's Superman being a dick for no reason".
Shame it's not just 2h of Brainiac, he's easily the best part of the story but I wouldn't expect less from the freakin' Re-animator himself.

Who even runs SFV? There's no figurehead for it right now.
I hope whoever it is kills themselves out of shame.

NRS school of balance strikes again

No it doesn't you fucktard.

user, that was the point of his post.

Get the fuck out of here with this trash.

twitter.com/ComboBreakerFGC/status/864262831042043904

So that's why they call it Stree Fighter V

I hope the PC port brings in more people, it deserves a bigger base.
Excellent.

Injustice 2 looks really fun but then I saw it had loot boxes. Still worth to play if I ignore the modes that allow custom crap?

Been looking to get into anything after SFV's meta got so stagnant. Tekken's character designs bore me and I have XRD but the combos are really uncomfortable for me to perform in the middle of battle.

actually I love playing Skull Girls too but that game is BEYOND dead, both on PS4 and PC. Im not good enough to play with those who still do either.

Don't bother with Injustice 2 until the inevitable "GOTY edition" comes out. Go download the KoF XIV demo if you got a PS4, see if that floats your boat. The online is still pretty healthy on the PS4 and the PC version is right around the corner.

Just play Sin, then.

I tried it and remember having fun save for the ridiculous motions. Not sure if buy the healthy population bit. I imagine it's a slightly healthier version of Skullgirls at this point, and I heard it definitely dosent have SG's netcode.

I'm not entirely sure how to phrase this question without sounding like a fucking retard, so here goes. It seems like these games have a shitty rep. With DC vs MK I can totally understand why, that crossover is an awful idea, and I hear SvC Chaos got flak for basically being a Neo-Geo game in 2003, but I know absolutely fuck-all about why their gameplay is bad. What was so shitty about these games from a gameplay standpoint, and what do you think makes a good fighting game?

Shit. Remember to always proofread your posts, anons.

MKvsDC was just a weird mess of a fighting game. There were also a lot of mechanics that just took you out of the fighting for no reason, and also it had shitty fatalities.
SvC was a really basic game from what I played, but while there was some appeal of of the crossover from SNK's gameplay perspective (6 button fighters to 4 button game), the game's atmosphere and colouring style took a big shit on it. It has an insanely grimdark feel, which was in total contrast of both SNK and Capcom fighters, and the music. Oh god, the music should have been in a different game altogether.

Being fun.
MKvsDC wasn't fun as a fighting game, and SVC was not nearly as fun as literally anything else at the time.

That's quite subjective. I found the game weird at first, but it had charm, and a NPC boss. I really respect games with non playable bosses.
The rage meter was really powerful, the boxing throw and system wasn't that bad either.
And was one of the last Midway games. It wasn't that bad.,
And it had some cool costumes too.

Well, the downsides of being a skin, I guess.
Cyborg have Robocop's USB and still needs to type.

underrated kek

May is almost over. Are those cunts on Capcom-Time™?

combo breaker looks like one of the funner events out there. i'd really love to go to that or stunfest some day.

i guess it's a good thing you'll never see them then

I wanna assault Josie in an alleyway and get beaten up by her in return, dragged behind a dumpster where she proceeds to ride my cock anyway and let me touch her boobs.

Erika Wagner is the other new Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st] character

I remember back when the show was still airing cn had on their website a fighting game for the teen titans. I wouldn't consider it that good, but it existed.

Aw, I was hoping it was going to be Uzuki, I want more weirdos.

I think it's time to dig up the PS3 and import.

Dubs Duck crow girl, is it this one?
funnygames.com.br/jogo/teen_titans_battle_blitz.html

After watching the Injustice 2 movie, it's interesting to know who will probably be the next boss in the series.

I don'r know. I played a bit of Under Night and, I can't say I appreciate the designs very much. Looks too much like a Type Moon/Nippon Ichi mixbag.Chaos Code looked more interesting. But I will probably get it when they release on PCs.

I honestly didn't care who they added, I'm just glad [st] is finally getting ported, I'm still gonna main Gordeau because I love that moveset.

Just a heads up; the PS3 and Vita versions are digital only.

I'm so sick and tired of everyone acting like it's impressive to beat Superman when everyone and their Grandma can beat him. Any average Joe can beat Superman with the right plot devices.

Fuck.

I know that feel, I was just gonna import the vita version (Cheapest version and my fightstick works with the TV vita) just to dickaround with until the localization or eventual PC Port

Well, it's easy to beat most Supers, untile they get too old and Kryptonite don't work anymore, but that is Parallax, and he is basically the whole Lantern Corps in one man, he was a really powerful villain.
But that was a huge mistake in the first Injustice: There are plenty of people on Earth alone that could give Superman a good beatdown. Enchantress could put down the whole League alone if she lost control.
But, as Stanley Martin Lieber said once: "The person who'd win in a fight is the person that the scriptwriter wants to win!"
So, now, it would be harder to beat Batman than Superman.
Anyways, I'm happy that I2 is not on PCs, and I don't won a PS4 or XBONE. I will wait for the discounted GOTY version.

Personally, and I'm not even a fan of Superman, I'm tired of writers pretty much making him a butt monkey, whether it's getting his ass beat by Batman on a constant basis, lectured on social justice by Wonder Woman or Injustice's "executing a mass murdering unrepentant psycho is the gateway to become Stalin". Shit's getting stale.

Polite sage for capeshit OT.

I didn't really need help finding it, but thanks anyway.

No it's not easy to beat most supers. Most supers don't have plot devices as convenient as Superman's.

Objectively speaking he's a shit character that has only gotten shittier.

has anyone tried tekken's psppp netplay? is it worth the trouble of setting up? does anyone still use it?

japan's aryan-fever sure is in full force this year

When I say Supers, I meant Kryptonians. All of them are weak to the exactly same things. But many caped have really stupid shit as their weakness.

Was it ever low? But you better add to that Nina and Bob.

I get that he got it first but I think it's silly for him to be considered the Super man. Plenty of heroes are more super than he is.

Capeshit is kind of complicated to write well. Usually, I think the best way to handle characters like Clark is showing what they can't do. That PS2 Superman Returns game had an interesting idea in this regard: Superman's health was in fact Metropolis health. He can't be hurt, but his city can.

But in Injustice, super is just a bit stronger than the others. Plenty of characters there could kick his ass really fast, like Flash or Firestorm.
Now, one interesting question is: Why it seems to be harder to keep our suspension of disbelief on Injustice 2 than it was in Capcom Vs. series? Would Injustice work better if it was as much of a cartoon as those Capcom fighters?

No it wouldn't. Injustice just outright doesn't work. Superman isn't powerful enough and kryptonite is way too common.

Anyone here play Soul Calibur 2 - Dolphin Netplay?

I'm not in any position to speak since I play a game with Jam in it, but how did that design get approved?

noice

Is the Killer Instinct reboot considered good? Specifically the PC version?

I like fighting games with good music.

Who wants to tell him?

I'm so sorry user

The game looks fun. Let's see how it'll play on the "pro" controller.
It has local play so it's already better than For Honor

it's fine if your computer can handle it
it has a demo try it out
it has GGPO netcode

it is also a windows 10 app game

I admit I don't know much of the game besides that "it's there" but found the artwork while doing my usual scavenging and just to had to look it up. Game seems very simplistic from what I saw; a couple of punches and a grab and some items to add some effects.

dat ass doe

Its a good game. If you want to know about the port its very well done. And you will always find matches quickly. The game is really fun but the PC version has a major downside: It is always online. If the game cannot log into your account at start up then you can only use Jago even for offline modes

how does that work in tournaments or casuals?

It looks more like lite shooter than a fighting game. You need to keep your distance and that's how the fight happens. Could be fun, but, not a fighter to me.

The game comes across to me as a clunky Virtual On with gimmick controls.

Seemslike it will add moves to some stuff. In here, you can see Super using Gamma Crush before his autocombo. That's new.

Oh boy, you're back

Good taste.

Can't wait.

okay
not okay
absolutely not okay

Oh, and from what they said in the direct, there are 1) very impactful items, and 2) you can't turn them off in any mode. The ranked match online might be the exception, but they didn't go into detail.

Music from Injustice 2? Well, why not.

not sure what you were expecting tbh. it's not a fighting game, it's not aimed at people who care about balance, it's two player punchout with skinnerboxes because casuals love that shit.

An unlock system that doesn't waste my time.

what a strange world we live in.

in the versus menus there's "tournament mode" it has every character as level 20 and removes the effects of any gear, as in it completely removes gear as a whole.
yup so no cosmetic changes or even shaders usage here, even the ones that change the characters into other characters.
so every tournament or playing fair with your friends it will only have the default costumes and those alone.
thanks Ed Boon!

I got over that one because I still got deluxe edition for €60 which is standard price that I've bought all tekkens so far. To me it's just the first tekken with year-long support and at no cost to me.

But you can thank the cancerous normalfags on twitter and neofag for saying DLC is fine. That's who they were listening to primarily when they did that 180.

You forgot about Smash Bros horrific DLC.

Nope, it's all still there, just with stats disabled. There's also a random gear option that still disables all stats in tournament mode. My real problem with it is that it's still bound to the loadouts you have.

Well, I fucked up that embedded, but it's of an Injustice 2 tournament going on RIGHT NOW with tournament mode on that still has gear on.

Why do you faggots cry about DLC so much.

Let me ask you something, what would you prefer, pay money for some stages or characters, stages or characters you might not even want, or buy your game again with the added shit, cause that's exactly how it was back in the fucking 90's

You didn't download the add on pack for your Street Fighter Turbo, you fucking bought it again, same with super street fighter or ultimate MK.

No company is going to add shit to their game for free anymore and I'm perfectly happy paying a couple of bucks IF its shit I'm interesting in like Yamazaki and Vanessa was, anything else can fuck off like Capcom's drivel or the upcoming chars for Injustice.

And of course ARMS will have free DLC, nobody is going to play that piece of shit cause nobody gives a fuck about the Switch, game looks like garbage anyway

Because firms like Capcom abuse it. They would rather sell you half of a game and then sell the other half to you on DLC. Expensive development costs are one thing, but if they can't release a complete game for $40~$70 then there is a problem.

Its great when the firm can release paid updates in the from of DLC, sort of like what Overkill does with payday 2 or Nintendo did with Mario Kart 8 and Sm4sh.

DLC is shit because a lot of recent games with DLC feels like they're not giving the full experience, and that the DLC is already being developed before the game goes gold just for the sake of being sold later. Capcom was the biggest offender with SFxT where DLC characters were on the disc already. Incomplete or no, they were implemented on the very first run of discs that would go to stores, and that's bad.

Harada has a pretty good grip on the DLC plan I think. It's only for "premium" content in his own words, so guest characters instead of returnees (something something why pay for a character you've played for years)

Which brings another problem, If a game is going to release a game with on disk DLC why don't I just pirate the game, because clearly the total price full game is not worth the content on the disk.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD CLAIM TO HAVE A THOROUGH UNDERSTANDING OF ARBITRARY CONCEPTS SUCH AS MONEY AND BE ARROGANT ENOUGH TO DICTATE ITS WORTH IN A CAPITALIST-ABSTRACTIONIST SUBJECTIVISTIC ECONOMY

STOP BEING SO FUCKING ENTITLED

Probably because a lot of it is non-cosmetic and we're talking about competitive games.

The only way I think I'd be fully cool with DLC overall is if they released characters and supported the game's core (balance patches) at no charge but made consistently based cosmetic packs that were relatively cheap and promoted them alongside the free content update.

DLC:

This too. A lot of DLC seems weak, rushed and cut from the main game rather than actually made post-development of the main game. Remember SF pallet swaps? Pathetic. Compare that to Skullgirl's pallet swaps which are probably the best I've ever seen and are sold in bulk for every character, cheaper than any SF DLC.

how the shit do you deal with Leon in DOA5? running through all the modes to get titles for fun and because no online and local scene doesn't exist.

Anyway dealing with Master Level Leon is such a pain in my ass. How do you deal with this beast? I play as Tina for what that matters.

Wish I could tell you but I only have the freebie version.

SVC Chaos wasn't terrible, it was just really boring, which made it forgettable. The sound effects, art style, and general "feel" of the game were just really weak and dull. It's playable, but nothing special.

SFV HUD fan-update

I don't play singleplayer, but since apparently Master Level Hayabusa does handstands as often as Master, I'm guessing they model their behaviour after real players
Well, the most important thing is that Leon is slow as shit, much slower than Tina. Now, what exactly do you have a problem with concerning Leon anyway? Before I get that info, other than him being slow, I can only really tell you that if he has you in a combo throw, LEARN TO BREAK THEM, most of his broken combo throws leave him in quite a disadvantage, some upwards to -12 or -10 (don't remember exactly and I can only really test it out in a few days when I'm at home). Also, one BIG advantage Leon has is the fact he can direct this air throw, meaning that if there's obstacles of the stage he CAN and WILL throw you there, which will cause an unholdable stun from which he can continue to combo you, so the other thing I'll recommend you to do is that if it's a stage with obstacles, ALWAYS BE MINDFUL OF THEM AND HOW CLOSE TO THEM YOU ARE because they serve to give Leon huge advantage and to lower your health like crazy. The last thing I can tell you is that some guard breaks he has leave him at a disadvantage for some reason

Bit difficult to fix SFV's HUD like that when it's already made a name for itself as "sterile". The new one has problems of its own too.

What are you playing now?
I'm playing KOF14 since I got the legacy controller working

What would your fightan waifus say to each other if they could interact?

Are the Skullgirls outcasts because no one respects them due to their constant theft of moves and ideas from other fighting games?

Paid DLC should always be for optional, premium content, nothing else. It shouldn't be for stuff that necessarily affects the balance of the game, like new characters and mechanics.

I really hope you are not implying, what I think you're implying. But just to be sure:
You may have one (1) waifu, that's rather the fucking point of the whole deal.
Fuck right off back to whatever shithole your miserable ass crawled out of This makes you sound like mormon scum. Are you mormon, user?

The waifu is your only hope of salvation. Do not devalue her.

Also the way I used the word made sense even if you subscribe to the idea that each user only has one waifu, because I am referring to each individual user's waifu as plural. So simply put, shut up faggot.

STARE HEIDERN

So I really am wasting my time here.

This is literally zoning. But I don't know, the characters all have some sort of gimmick like having more mobility than others, passive armor and everyone has this loadouts to customize the character's movesets like some sort of Arcana/variation system.

And for what I understand. Versus is a casual mode with items but is separated from the Online/Wireless mode? Grand Prix is an arcade mode that allows regular versus? They're not being very clear.
It looks interesting but I really want to play on a regular controller to have a better feeling.

This guys gets it
Also,
You know you can say that about a lot of games. Especially 2D ones. Even SFV is just a rehash of older games gimmicks be it its system or many moves for old and "new" characters.

Infinities all over the game, Zero and Geese being totally broken and not even talking about the boss characters. The system is pretty barebones without the movement options of SNK games and many matches ends with a time out.

I you ever liked SFV play some fightcade games like 3rdStrike, Alphas, Real Bout or even KOF that are more "ground based". But if combos and/or execution are not your thing, KOF'98, ST or even Samurai Shodown are more recommended.

I don't want to buy that trash, but at the same time I'd finally have people to play fitins with. What do I do?

Have you played it? It's probably at least a fun game, and, even without the DLC it have a good roster size. Go to your friends house and play with them. If you were dumb enough to buy a PS4 or XBONE, maybe you might enjoy it and could stop being such a faggot and wait for the GOTY edition.

The first step is convincing them it's a bad purchase: show them the DLC practices, show them how NRS fucked up with MKX and previous games. Note that normalfags may not ever see this as a bad thing, or may balk at the idea, in which case you might not ever actually convince them.

If you do, however, introduce them to a different fighting game which they can play for a single purchase point like Rev 2. Ideally it'd be something which lined up with their sensibilities, but all the best games on the market now are Japanese as fuck so they may need some cajoling.

No you can't.

Capcom can't steal from itself. I am specifically referring to their blatant copying and stealing of moves and designs from other games. Robo-Fortune is a literal expy of Robo-Ky from GG, down to having the exact same face. He has many of Iron Man's moves. Valentine has the exact same knife super from Jojo, Fortune has Wolverine's attacks, Peacock stole shit from BB Hood, Hsien-Ko and JJBA, Big Band has that Sentinel Hard Drive super, the list goes on and on.

Theft isn't the same as being inspired by something. Inspiration causes you to put your own spin on it. A blatant copy is, well, just that, a shot-for-shot duplication with no original take on it.

Yup.

It looked kind of okay but like said, the DLC practices are the biggest factor to me. I even recall an article where they talked about microtransactions for gear which can even lead to set bonuses. Doesn't sound like something that would translate well into a fighting game.

Street Fighter V is too fast paced for these people user.

NRS manages to somehow be a trillion times worse than capcum.

NRS might be bad, but I have yet to see them willingly and openly install a rootkit onto people's machines.

I said you should wait for the GOTY, as every WBGames release. But, the costumes are not DLC ATM, and you can turn off all the bonus and use them just as cosmetic changes. I'm not telling you to buy the game, but, if you wait some weeks you will probably find it cheap used. But go and try the game first. And, if you don't like it, you can show them another game they might not even really know about, like Xrd.

Fuck me, I meant the armors, not the costumes.

You're probably right. I wasn't going to get it immediately anyways. These guys still seem fairly new to fighters, so if I jumped in too soon it might discourage them anyways. Who knows, Injustice could end up being a good "gateway" fighter to get them into some better stuff.

Windjammers is has closed beta sign ups for the PS4 going on if there is anyone interested;
flyingpowerdisc.com/

I'm lucky that none of my friends care about NRS games and my local fgc cares won't touch NRS games unless it's pirated or a "GOTY edition" comes out.

I wasn't talking about themselves. Also there's guard cancel blowback, spend meter to cancel animations from special moves to extend combos, combo into command grabs and so on. Besides Ed, Juri has Kim moves, Charlie and his Genocide Cutter, Cammy has Heidern's air grab as her new move and probably more from other games that I'm not familiar with.
So is Tao from Blazblue, Cheetah in Injustice2 has Maximum Spider, Eliza in Tekken7 has literal reppukens.
Sol from GG has Terry as a base and Litchi being a rip-off of a MUGEN character. In other stuff, Samus having Urien's animations, the whole Dan/Yuri thing in Street Fighter/KOF (blatanly intentional), Zangief and Tizoc copying eachother back and forth.
See? You can go on and on.

I honestly want to know if this has a release window.

Don't listen to the faggots in this thread. Use the game as a gateway for other fightans. Discourage then of the DLC stuff but don't be an ass if they insist.

Injustice2 looks like way faster than SFV.

Please don't fuck this up.

That's the plan. I've also got them interested in spectating at a local tournament happening down here in August.

It is, but it isn't. It's hard to explain, but watching SFV, the animations in SFV are quicker than in Injustice/MK. Doesn't mean shit in terms of gameplay, but their complaint would make much more sense against USF4.

Well at least there will always be fightcade if they do fuck up.

I just think the combo system being too different than regular 2D fightans. With it's strings, being able to defend while in "hitstun" and juggles it looks like it plays more like a 3D game. Does they still use the models as base for "hitboxes" and "hurtboxes" instead of actual boxes?

Just play their copy.

Its almost like a smash major just happened and then there is another at the begining of june.

Majority of smash players going to combo breaker would either be top 30 and locals. People who travel to tournies for fun would be waiting for smashNsplash thus low entree numbers.

To the 2 Eurofags that might give a fig, the Rev2 demo is up on EU PSN.

I was afraid I'd have to upgrade for this.

Well, DLC is here to stay I guess.
store.steampowered.com/app/571260/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_XIV_STEAM_EDITION/

All DLC is bad, including cosmetics. Cosmetics affect gameplay more than anything.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What the hell is up with this June? Rev2, KOF, ARMS and Tekken 7 releases, and I care about all of those but KOF. I'd think everyone would be afraid of releasing next to Tekken, but it doesn't seem so? I'm pleased, sure, but MUH SHEKELS

I don't like DLC either, but how the fuck do cosmetics affect gameplay more than locking off entire characters

I can't fucking wait man. The way the Combo Breaker entries are going, I could see SFV potentially failing.

And so the cycle continues.

Cosmetics are the bread and butter of playing a video game. They are one of the most valuable aspects of a video game. From choosing your name to choosing what color you want your person to be. Why do you think most companies put large emphasis and investment on cosmetics DLC? Here's another question: who do you think came up with the idea that cosmetics do not affect gameplay?

Cosmetic DLC is the greatest sin to ever hit the game industry. It's literally stripping away player personalization and putting a price tag on it.

I was willing to believe it was sarcasm but if you're actually this fucking stupid I'll agree if they don't allow a way to earn ingame money and buy costumes that way.

Doubtful. It's been called for a while but the shills and battered housewives always double down and Capcom will keep inject cash into it. At least until MvCI comes in and then they might shift focus entirely on that.

They need the talent for that though. At best, they'll go on another port spree.

God I can't fucking wait for mods.

Capcucks and liberals are exactly the same. The recent shit with the beta and servers just has more people laughing at SFV fans, and it'll just keep getting worse for them.

I can't fucking wait for mods.

Every fucking time. This combined with the fiasco where feminists bitched about Angel's tits and they just made them bigger brings me hope.

Still the best pre-release video

Well, I don't know. EDF was not modded yet. I hope KOF is, but I'm ready for the worse.

Live and learn, I guess. But it's interesting to have different systems, so we can more clearly see what do work better.

Probably this year. twitter.com/StudioS_ShiN/status/865167520105349121

wew

why

Goddamn look at that blatant shilling, you should ask him if they pay him per post or per (you)s

Yeah I know, pre-whatever but these people probably had no intention of actually buying it like the same people that STILL beg for a dub in CF PC.

WHAT TEAM YOU FAGGOTS GONNA BE USING?

I don't have enough money for the game right now, but if I ever get it I'll go Mian - Luong - Edgy sand guy/Vanessa

Athena, Clark and Whip, assuming MuiMui/Alice don't feel good.

Most cosmetics are premium these days and they only allow a semblance of them to be earned in game.

I'll start my own if I fucking have to.

Alright, I'll double dip.

If Cyborg wanted to win, why didn't get just pick Deadshot?

Going to follow my dick and main Sylvie. Probably try out the other new guys first, Meitenkun and Nelson look kind of interesting. Then mandatory grappler.

My teams on the PS4 version are;
Main Team;
Mian/Tung/Clark
Sub Teams;
Ryo/Billy/Maxima
Slyvie/Joe/Dinosaur

With those bars, would not be hard to go offensive faster. That was not a good Hal player.

The smug cannot be contained.

Dobsonmods when?

Which grappler would you want to grapple your buns?

Please let this happen

This retard shills denuvo fucking everywhere and he make accounts when moderators ban him.

It's very ironic to hear whining from faggots who bought SF5. Fuck this game and fuck Capcom, I can't wait for them to go bankrupt.

Speaking of SFxT is the opposite ever going to happen?

Not sure if it's because playing DOA5 for a while messed with my muscle memory but I just downloaded the Rev 2 demo and it seems like the timing on most of the Johnny combos I used to know changed slightly, I definitely need to get used to it again.
Really looking forward to the release, even though I already know the German lobbies will have 0 players just like it was when Rev 1 launched so I'll have to play with the same 20 Brits and constantly get raped because I always fuck up when playing against real people over and over again.

Harada keeps saying it will and that they were just "waiting for the right time" to release it. If it's ever going to happen, I'd expect something at E3 this year.

Harada said he's waiting for the right time to release it. That's code for "We're waiting for everyone to forget SFxT first."

Yamazaki, Slyvie, Dinosaur.

Probably Maxima.

>tfw King of Fighters takes the throne away from SFV and doesn't succumb to e-sports because SNK isn't fucking stupid.

Just look at this shit. They try so fucking hard.

Good lord, this is worse than I imagined.

I wouldn't even have a problem with it if it weren't for network bullshit like making Fuudo change Mika's costume because the default one is too lewd or whatever.

Holy fuck, it's like those football (soccer for you burgers) preshows we have here in Eastern Europoor land

They're owned by a chinese company, they'll be forced to sell out eventually. enjoy it now while it lasts

>implying I won't buy it out first to make sure that doesn't happen.

I've always found esports funny because of the times at which its popular.
back in like 98-2004 esports made sense since the internet wasn't what it was yet and arena shooters were the only videogames that we're at least playable online due to being the only ones with decent netcode. Because of that the FGC made sense with their local only games. nowadays with how majority of the internet is cancer, it made esports cancer. And any game post 2005 has no excuse of having bad netcode unless the game was more popular then the servers could handle.

10 years later and still I have yet to see a game with netcode OR ranked matchmaking as good as pic related.

On one hand you've got dubs, on the other if the Chink CEO really was a fan, he'd give them shekels to make sprites which they simply couldn't afford this time.

Quit being a faggot, I like the 1080p PS2 look.

funny cause the game was so slow it would be near impossible to fuck up the netcode. whole point of the halo series was to casualify arena shooters

That may be so, but it still stands that I never ONCE had a ranked match that felt like a blowout. Every single match came down to just a few points, no matter how much my rank climbed.

he can be a fan all he wants. I have yet to see a higher up not bend over to shareholders and profit margins. I guess the creator of Monster Hunter could be an exception but that is still 1 other out of hundreds of companies.

user, even if he is a fan, he is not stupid. They know how much skins can sell, and hell, they can even be something that both developers and fans like. I can bet that Oda and team loved to do that Diabla skin for Angel.
3D is the future for fighters, it can be ultra realistic, like Injustice, full anime like Xrd, or even a middle ground, like DOA and KOF.

Nigga it's a chink company; not fucking microsoft. Nobody has that much money and we wouldn't see XIV until 2020 if they used sprites.

or they can be doing what the chink company has been doing by leaving the games generally unfucked while going full force on the multimedia products

Alice seems like she could be really fucking fun.

I hope that works out. But I haven't liked how they have been just doing mobile tie ins and CGI anime shows instead of actually making more sequels to their IPs. I'm a cynic I can only see more of the other multimedia stuff getting more obnoxious down the line.

Pretty good explanation, thanks. No real complicated skins/costumes will happen to XRD though because they take almost as much time as making a new fighter from scratch from what I remember, but Arcsys might've exaggerated that as Elphelt did get a new skin for no reason. Maybe simple ones like that are possible, in which case I want old Ky

Yeah I've read up about it now and sprites are really expensive. Like, I knew they weren't cheap, but I didn't know to what extent.

Oh it's King of Fighters baby

kek, that furry nigger sonic fox is bodying everyone in injustice 2 and its a salt mine.

So basically no one knows how to play against a zoner, or zoning is really good in IJ2.

Actually it's just that NRS doesn't know how to make zoners with guns, so when he shoots, no matter how far away you are, it's basically an instant hit. If timed right, you can't do shit.

That furry nigger is the only reason I pay attention to NRS games

Sonicfox is really unusually good at this shit. If he wasn't playing fighting games he'd probably put that autism into completing Klonoa in half an a press or something.

It's a shame he mostly plays NRS games since he's decent at some anime fighters too, but on the other hand it's fun to see all the mortal kombat kiddies get blown but by a furry.

NRS forgot how to do gun characters after Stryker died. If you watch the videos it's possible to react to Deadshot's bullets or even jump preemptively, but he can react back with the rifle or just use his wrist shot again to keep you away. The new roll mechanic is slow enough that SonicFox keeps catching everyone that does it, and NRS's tried and true "crouch and advance a little bit between shots" gets dicked when he starts doing low shots and pushing you all the way back again.

Honestly if that's not enough to convince anyone, the high wrist shot can be done three times in one second, roughly. That's a bit fast for an instant fullscreen projectile.

Also
Heh.

Do you just sometimes not get meter for blocking a shot or am I crazy?
How can Capcom even compete?

Superman is a better plot device than a character per se. For example when reading infinite crisis the plot revolves around containing superman and deceiving him. Since essentially he is an indestructable golem who always destroys everything he is a much better object than character.

He had a pretty decent Fang in SFV as well but it would be hard to focus of sfv when you know you can just get free money in NRS games.

Calling it now. If sales are still non-existent after evo, capcom will make SFV full f2p and rush out MvCI which will suffer the same quality problems

Whats funny is eleague actually made SFV enjoyable to watch. Also the Evo guys were getting jealous on twitter about it being a success which was a plus.

Esports is embarrassing because when people find out you like these games they will immediately assume that you are one of the fags who actually thinks videogames are fucking sports…..

Too bad it was SFV a game that's only slightly less horrible than fucking smash

I don't think you get meter for blocking, but the guy shooting gets meter for doing it

It's already the greatest game ever

Is it even possible to piano his 100fag slap with all the other moves? Couldn't be bothered to waste bandwidth on the beta.

I have no problems with those inputs, like a lot of SNK characters have 1 or 2 of them. But to make a full moveset around them? What the fuck man

People reported that it was very difficult to piano, but it's not a good move anyway. It's only used for "confirming" jabs or oki.

I raise you your ViceDunk with my ElizaDunk

Ono wasn't joking

You know who else does this? Chris G and Lowtiergod. Thankfully, no one takes LTG seriously because he's a trash nigger. Chris G literally spams shit like MK9 Reptile when he was broken as fuck.

Sure feels good to be an SNK fan right now.

No, the difference is, those characters are doing things that are ubiquitous to the martial arts and fighting styles that they're based off of, whereas SG is blatantly and unapologetically stealing things. Cerebella's headbutt move is a very deliberate and blatant ripoff of a Battletoads attack, it even has the score value effect even though there's no score in the game. Many of Robo-Fortune's moves are lifted directly from Iron Man. Whereas Samus steals a chop and a kick from Urien, which don't matter because they're just basic normals, Fortune literally says "berserker barrage" when she does her Wolverine super. The plagiarism in Skullgirls is really blatant and you can't argue that they were simply "inspired" by other things like you can with those other moves you listed.

I want casual Ky.

Honest question, no h8 m8, but what level of inspiration or homage do you believe is acceptable? SG literally went out to be based on the Marvel series and implemented moves and mechanics deliberately from this and other series the creators liked. At what point do you believe a game oversteps it's boundaries from being a love letter to the FGC the creator is/was a part of and into what you believe is blatant stealing?

You're literally bitching about a little homage.
Also, Fortune is saying Furr-serker Purr-age.

Dubs Seven, I think it's when you see more of others in your game than from yourself. When you spend more time showing the world what you like, not what you do, that's when you blew it.

Are you retarded? At least use Alex or Sean when talking about Tizoc (If you think about it, Garou is kind of a rip-off of SF3).

When your game has more stolen stuff than it has original ideas.

This is a weasel word that they're using to get away with plagiarism. EVERYTHING in the game is a fucking "homage" to something else, in fact they have so many "homages" that they forgot to make anything original and the game is just an ugly gigantic pastiche of stolen shit.

It's time to put an end to SG's chicanery.

He does playtesting with the Mane 6 Dev Team.

Ayo fucl you man, AH3 is awesome

Goddamn, that felt good to relieve. I'm pretty sure that was my only win ever in P4AU, too. I haven't improved at all since then.

Forgot to mention I was playing Kanji. My opponent was playing Minazuki.

So how good looks KOF in PC?

Okay I've gotta ask, what games are actually active on PC right now and possibly has people playing this late into the night? I'm really sick of not being able to get any games in on Injustice 1 and UMvC3.

watching aris and sonicfox make the entire nrs community collectively ragequit is the best thing to ever come out of an ed boon game. i haven't seen a single swamp thing player though, is he completely useless? swamp thing and darkseid almost made me want to pick up the game until i found out about the stat upgrade system

steamcharts.com/app/520440
you can always find some hues and koreans on fightcade. there also usually someone around in the discord group ime

I don't think I've ever really considered getting into GG, but super jumps and air-dashing tickle my fancy so I guess I'll have to give it a try, especially if it's actually active. Thanks, user.

Rev2 is impending, which you can either get as a DLC for Rev or just buy as a standalone and get Rev+Rev2 together. I'd recommend it though.

if you like mahvel you'd probably have a fun time with guilty gear, mvc3 was basically a westaboo anime game.

I cheat on Alpha/Zero Chunners with SF2 Chun Li.

Any fighting game I could play for the story?
I'm too scared to play against people

Games made by NetherRealm.

yes, agreed.
MvC is basically a team-based anime game; not sure why no one else sees that.

I guess you have better suggestions then? I didn't say they are some masterpiece of fiction or the greatest video game stories ever. They're simply the most entertaining and best presented story modes in fighting games unless you count Xrd where the story is a literal movie (though not a very good one). It's not a high bar to cross but for someone who only wants to play against the computer they're probably the best bet.

The more I see it, the more I find it sad. KI is not a bad game, it does have nice characters, unique mechanics and runs well even in low end machines, but fucking Christ, IG and MS made it their personal mission to fuck the game.
Frankly, this game deserved a better chance. But Rare needed to die an be bought by fucking MS…

How did it do in sales? Did it meet expectations or did the W10 shit really fuck it? I know I didn't buy it because I'm staying on W7 & linux.

I got banned from Aris' streams because of the boston salt party.

I don't have numbers, but it seems like the game is one of the reasons XBone still exists.
For PC, I would predict it was bad because of how it's sold. Quantum Break probably released outside of Win10 because the sales were that bad.
Well, life isn't fair.

KI 2013 basically shat on everything I liked about the old KI.

I mean, I was trying to be optimistic, bought the game with each season hoping it was going to be good and maybe fix the problems it had later, but instead it just kept adding new ones and by Season 3 I just couldn't take it anymore. They just kept doing little mistakes that added up to a gigantic fuck-up over time, and even the inclusion of Rash wasn't enough to get me to stick with the game anymore. A shame since I really love Battletoads.

Overall there's just WAY too many things I would pick apart about the game and I'd rather just wash my hands of it completely.

I do think this have more to do with who paid for the game.
I think we expected too much. It's good that it wasn't a disaster in the level of SFV. It is in fact, much better than that trainwreck. And we are talking about a series that was pretty much dead for more than a decade. That's impressive.

But alking about something else, this was unexpected.
play-asia.com/breakers-play-asiacom-exclusive/13/70b539

>tfw will never be vid related

Steam discussion page is revolting tight now.
There is also a dedicated group of people autistically screeching because snk released the game for pc after a year, despite the fact that it did the same thing for kof 13.

Not that surprised since your average fuck is conditioned and programmed to memory hole any memory and information older than one week at most.

I'm thinking about ordering it, but I don't have a dreamcast fightstick.

also;

nigger

And here I was thinking of getting at the last second after putting into consideration if it would actually play well.

It's only $47.99 until June 15th, after you're fucked until a sale come along a year later, and then you still have to buy the DLC.

He's overreacting, but there's some truth in his statement imo. Rev on PC received quite a backlash for its arguably high price point, and it does seem to have had an effect. Just go to steamspy and compare the amount of -SIGN- owners (which was sold at 30 bucks including all DLC) to the amount of Rev owners (45-50 without DLC chars).
That being said, KoF XIV is still on the global top sellers list so it seems to be doing pretty good.

Sure is telling me plenty about port quality, netcode, etc. :^)

I don't get the mentality (or, rather, the lack thereof) behind this kinda shit. They're supposedly "pros" but immediately gravitate like flies to shit to the most braindead character.
Maybe it's just me but I don't get how people get their kicks just doing the same thing over and over and over again. Even if I'm fighting some jackass who can't deal with one thing, I can't find any enjoyment doing said thing ad nauseam.

Anyway, just spend a few hours with the Rev2 demo which is also the first time I got to play the Xrd entry.
Starting with the shallow shit - is it possible to remove the HUD and subtitles? I want to take some screenshots.
As for the game itself, it seems to be pretty good but I'm very rusted and was never decent with these more fast paced FGs and then there's the issue of a lot of characters being very tricky to use. I fiddled around with most of them and I think I'd stay with my old mains Faust and Johnny and also try my luck with Dizzy (read she's shit though) and Baiken (felt a bit tricky). To my surprise, the character I liked the most was Raven - I was very critical of the character when he was announced because it seems like they wanted to put the BB fedorafag in GG but his moves are fun, animations are amusing, weapon is pretty cool and I'm a sucker for raven-themed characters.
All that said, I don't know if I'll get the game or any future iteration. I bought KoF XIV and haven't played it much and I fear this would be the same. FGs are kinda like a siren song to me - I get pulled in with all the characters and cool moves and stuff but it's a short lived affair I can't seem to keep my interest on.

I'm not sure about training mode, I think only replays allow you to fully remove every single HUD element. Though, if you're going to be using the PS4's built-in screen capture feature it's going to be watermarking your screencaps anyway.

Were you expecting reasonable behavior from an autist like Sonicfox?

You're BAIKEN 2017 RETURN OF THE WAIFU aren't you?

I bought SFV as launch, I still feel ripped off, I think that the Season Passes mere existence is an insult to all the people who bought the game in the first year but I also think that 70 euros for all the content of a nearly a year old game is a joke.

$60 is full price, the "Deluxe edition" is $75 normally and "on sale" for $60. Can't you read?

That is fighting games for you. It has always been this way, when you get to such high level that shit like which characters has more mixups or less weak points, that is what makes a difference between losing or winning the match, all that you can do is pick the strongest character. All these people that pretend skill is going to take their shitty characters or even mid tier characters to the top are just refusing to see the reality.

I can read, you just seem to be too stupid understand the concept of making an informed purchase.
If you really want the game; you buy it now when it's discounted
If you aren't sure; play the CBT and return it if you don't like it or do research
If you are cheaper despite it being currently a better deal than with console players got; then fucking wait for it to get a deeper cut

It's not a fucking hard concept to fucking understand you toddler.

It's too expensive for a game released so much later on PC than on console and they still expect you to buy the DLC separately.

Fuck off BAIKEN 2017 RETURN OF THE WAIFU.

I'm still disappointed Tokido didn't wring his neck. I saw that little SFV tourney and Tokido was looking more murderface than ever.

I get that in a tournament where money's on the line, you'll want to pick the character with the most odds of winning / less unfavorable match ups but acting like this over fuckin' online casual play seems stupid but again, I don't see the point of doing the same thing repeatedly even if nets me a victory. Part of why I can't bring myself to take people like Sirlin seriously; go around writing giant essays like they're the second coming of Sun Tzu and then they play a freakin' 10 year old who found his first cheese tactic.

60 bucks would be borderline ok if you got the DLC with it, but having to pay full price for a game that's not even the complete edition and is a year old is ridiculous

10 months
No, it's not. Only if you preorder.
Again, no. Only if you preorder.
Only if you preorder.

Why the fuck would you preorder? You know nothing of how the game will work or run on a PC. Steam refunds is usually 2 hours of "the game running", you cannot get a good idea of how the netcode is with 2 damn hours or if there's a bug with one of the 50 characters.

KoF is a game that usually dies within a few months of release, yet they expect people to buy it at full prize ten months later on PC without having idea of what they're getting into.

Brazilian tournament "TRETA Championship LATAM" Released their lineup. It's better than EVO IMO. But I think the extra games are quite limited.

trtchampionship.com.br/

Somehow I'm not surprised.

But user, didn't you hear? They slowed the gameplay down in Xrd. That's why it killed the series.
She's bad in the sense that she sort of goes against the aggressive nature of Guilty Gear due to her projectiles. However, they apparently changed a bunch of her hurtboxes on her moves so she won't be blown up off a random counter hit anymore, and her oki is pretty disgusting since she can use a projectile to tick throw you.

But that's exactly what the Deluxe edition is. It's the game, every single piece of DLC and a digital version of everything in the console's premium edition and it's 60 bucks.

I didn't know there was 10 months in a year. Also didn't know 10 months is actually 8.8 months.
You can play the CBT to test the netcode easily since it has all the features of the full game, you can look in the CBT's forums for glitches, and if there is glitches with character we already know how long it will take based on how the PS4 versions' glitches were handled.
You can easily decide for yourself if the game is worth buying it now or not, you have a time frame on how long the discount price is and you have all the tools at your disposal to inform yourself. You have everything available to know exactly what you're fucking getting into.

You have a discount now, you have the info you need. If that's not enough then wait for a sale, it's as simple as that

Yeah if I pre-order, saying that's okay is like saying the shit CA did with Chaos as a DLC faction is ok because you got it anyway if you pre-ordered.

My biggest issue with KoFXIV is probably that you can't buy DLC chars separately. I'm only interested in Vanessa, yet I'm to shell out an additional 15 bucks if I want her. Also, yes, I do believe the pricing is a bit steep considering the game's age, no this does not mean I have some kind of vendetta against SNK and I will probably get the game anyway.

I want to Rescue this Tekken 3 & Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 machine pretty badly. They're essentially just baking in the hot Florida Sun. What would you guys do in this situation?

You're a faggot if you let those machines fall to that kind of fate.

I would risk it, but I don't know how nig nog the area your describing is so I can't say? Why not go with a group of people if you have any?

Pack some heat and LIBERATE THOSE MACHINES

Did CA let you play the whole game early too see if it was worth paying for? I don't understand how you people can't do what every other logical consumer does; Research the game and if you want the game, get it now since it's discounted since it's cheaper than what the console players paid. Or If you want it for cheaper just pirate it or wait for the eventual price slash at the next major sale.

Now this is a legit complaint.

You mean playing the game for a whole 2 hours before I have to give it back if I don't like it? 2 hours isn't enough to get a good impression of a game which such a huge roster.

Pirating a multiplayer game Look, I know you're disappointed in SFV and hate Capcom for what they did, which is understandable but sucking SNK's dick isn't going to make their business practices any less scummy.

The niggest, deepest darkest south florida I can think of. It's in Broward county, so it's like 95% crazy niggers. Not only that, they're all on meth/heroin/whatever gets them high, & the spread isn't even so you have hattians/jamaicans/your classic nog all hanging out in the same area. God help me, but I do want those machines. At least the PCBs & marquis anyway. Video related is an example of what goes on in the area.

Well shit user, make sure to bring some heavy artillery for that rescue mission.

damn. Can you go with a group, or can you contact the seller to meet you outside of that area?

A nigga moment inside a nigga moment. Godspeed user.

Jesus fuck how did you manage to survive in the 90's if you're this fucking lazy not to research a product. Also some games' betas don't count towards the refund time, Vermintide had players play the beta for 12+ hours and they were still allowed to refund it.
Why not? that's what I'm gonna do with Tekken 7 if it has denuvo. I'll just wait for a crack and play locally with friends. What about when games didn't have online? Did you just not play those?
I pre-ordered SFV, played the beta test. Wasn't impressed with the gameplay/the revealed development plans so refunded the game and decided to wait for the game to be complete. And look at that bullet I dodged thanks to informing myself.
??????????????

I like the bigger meters, I don't like spelling out CA and the larger character names.

I'll never buy DFV

Why do people do this?

I read about it but compared to KoF, it's still a pretty fast paced game. From the little I gathered, Danger Time was the big screw up.

Guilty.
I mostly used EX Baiken; being able to combo with the counter moves plus her exclusive leap special made her tons of fun. The lack of EX characters is one of my biggest gripes with Xrd.

Gotta admit though, I got a bit of a stiffy when I saw 'Communication' is in this game. Easily one of my favorite tracks in the series.

Fucking Mexicans

what's the latency to bongistan?

You know I was very skeptical when I heard chinkks were buy SNK, but the other day I downloaded 20 free themes for the BloodBjorn station.

having to send invites for custom games sucks

KoF 14 is visually clear, easy to read. That's a deal breaker for me, so I say they did a good job.

It's pretty good. Most of the time I got around 5 frames delay from what I remember, haven't played online for a few months.

I'm new to King of Fighters and I'm starting with XIV, is there anything important I should know or is there something that will help me learn? The game looks like a lot of fun and like it has a lot of style

Went through some similar things minus people being cunts. In those cases, I acquiesce I've been outplayed and move on.

The guides in the OP, while not of XIV, go through universal techniques that are important.
And this guy has a ton of tech videos specific to XIV - youtube.com/user/gatoraykof/videos

My modest two cents - do your best to master the different types of jumps asap.

The biggest thing to learn about that sets KoF apart from other 2d fighters is that there is 4 jump styles. This video gives a decent run down on them and it's still works for xiv.

Know how to do hops. Know point, mid, anchor and chose which order your character will be in. Know that you will need to be offensive in this game in order to win, so being good at neutral is key. Know that there is instant guard so if you start to block something there will be no chip damage. Also you have to be in max mode to do ex moves.

Watch dandyJ's intro and Juicebox's KoFXIII videos. The same stuff translates into XIV

Yeah, filthy mexicans will body you and brag about it because it's the closest thing their country can come to an accomplishment.

MUH

Pic related, it'll be you soon.

Absolute madman

Shitty game, yes. But at least the mod looks good.

yep

so that's 5*16 = 80ms?

*are

is Reynald going to EVO this year?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mooAX-0W1PeIT0Q_DJ_Pta

some of the systems are different but the videos on movement & neutral are still very accurate

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1mAUpu-zavo5igbgv_XPHkM
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZbBoZgd9o1neU_6e2XXm8fi7Nz0nECPL

dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_King_of_Fighters_XIV

dreamcancel.com/2011/09/16/fuzzy-guarding-tutorial-by-phoenix/

basically understand how to move around the screen and control space & then figure out how to utilize meter intelligently

Picked up Injustice 2 and been having fun with it. Bought the barebones edition so I can trade it out for GOTY eventually and spend time learning some of the other characters (since the first got boring really early).

I've been enjoying Flash, but if these Sonicfox bodies are anything to go by, I fear that Deadshot is the new Deathstroke (hardly surprising). Is he just really exploitable or are there ways around him? I just hope the EVO premiere isn't as disastrous as the first one (Superman eye lasers for days).

Still a shitload more fun than anything SFV has done since, well, *existing*…

I have to admit that I had a lot of respect for him playing Green Arrow while he did. That was one of the better moments of the first Injustice.

Wow

user he's the new Deathstroke. It's GG.

For the 2 people who care, /fighters/ seems to be up and running again. there's a few threads that still 404, though.
8ch.net/fighters/catalog.html

To be frank, SFV probably offends me more since it has been nothing short of a complete embarassment from start to finish. I don't think there's much of anything they can do to recover at this point bar a complete overhaul of the game. Newer characters started off as vaguely interesting yet uninspired, but that's spiraled all the way down into random-faggots-in-the-background. Fuck, I'm half-expecting the next character after Ed to be the guy who gets his car smashed in trials.

Game's not even fun to watch tourney-wise, and Crapcom's gone full retard on DLC and micro transactions. Compared to how SF4 fared it's fucking atrocious.

What blows my mind is how easy it was to make a sequel.

That's all they fucking had to do, and they fucked it all up.

You can always mod the camera "angel" back to show the butt-slap. Also notice that Angel's hands and feets are normal compared to Nadeshiko's hueg ones.

>>>/fighters/5263
Mods!

Isn't that SF3rd strike with sf4 graphics?

So the designs ARE a problem then because you can't return to the originals. Let's break it apart piece by piece:

Okay now this statement is just plain idiotic. Nice job acting like your opinion has more objective merit than mine you fucking retard. What "good material" exists in there? A lot of what I've said is correct, the material in the game right now is horribly written cringe-inducing fanfiction-tier shit. You're the one who has really bad taste if anybody. 3 of the new characters are "creepy edgy girl" (Hisako, Sadira, and Mira) and two of them are "edgy demon dude".(Shadow Jago, Omen). Explain to me how what I said was in any way incorrect? The new girls are each basically the same character. There is no originality in their designs. If you're defending them then that means you have no standards and thus really bad taste.

No it's not. The comic is still campy and simplistic. Whereas here they wrote and pages of fanfiction-tier lore for each character that doesn't have any tonal consistency and is completely boring, and loses all the camp and humor of the original story. Also there is the fact that their vision got muddled up when they switched develoeprs: Season 1 was meant to be a true sequel to the original games, but then in Season 2 they decided they wanted to remake it, and that inconsistency still exists. The whole thing is such a mess that it's a wonder why anyone even bothers to write any story content anymore. It's why they didn't write any story shit for the characters in Season 3, because they knew they fucked up.

I mean yeah, you can make the argument that it's better than SF5, but that's not really saying much. Prostate cancer is better than SF5.

Yes.

Honesty, I wouldn't mind focus staying if that meant people actually had time to dick around with red focus more. Just change out the Revenge Gauge/Ultras with something else.

Every time the gauge is filled, a car battery connected to Onos junk is discharged.

To be a professional, you have to make a living at it. To make a living, you have to win a lot. The easiest character to win with is by definition the most pro choice.

What?
What are you doing?
Unless parry was really reworked, it was a bad system. It's something that should not return if they plan to make it another SF 3.
The focus system was really interesting, since you could trade health for priority or even a short stun/hard knock down.
I still didn't had much time to try that Red Focus, but it looked like an interesting mechanic.
What I would do is:
Yeah, maybe that would help.

Hey dude, you look upset! But let's see
This means they were badly made. Indeed, that's sad, but, again, fixable. So they CAN return to the originals. Hell, if the game could be modded, it probably would already been done.
Let's see:

Well, Shadow Jago, Evil Ryu, Orochi Iori, Devil Jin… The sad part of S.Jago is how it's just a color swap basically. Omen reminded me a bit of SC Inferno, so, it's not terrible.

There are also the other new characters, like Aria, Aganos, Kan-Ra were quite well designed. And also the scenarios as a whole, were pretty good.
The story was indeed 6dark18you, but again, for some weird reason, most fighting games follow that path, with MK going all COD, and SF V having Necali freaking eating Gouki. Even SNK managed to bring Ash back. Pretty dark!!
The huge downside was Iron Galaxy taking the reins. That was terrible for the game.
Right now Killer Instinct is not a bad game, it does not matter that I liked it and you didn't liked it, it's just not a bad game, not great either, and also lost the developers who really had the whole map to develop the thing. Frankly, KI was the canary in the coalmine: Season passes from the start don't work and will undermine your fighting game in the long run. They were the first to do it so consistently and paid the price. After them we had SF V and MK X, and, boy, what a ride.
And it's funny how much the nips enjoyed the game too. If I remember correctly, the tournaments had a good number of spectators, and they were asking for an arcade version.
Don't need to be mad at a game that is doomed to disappear again. Enjoy this new Dark Age of Fightans.
Yeah, Kim Wu is a disaster, I think even Deviantart could fix her.

What the fuck are you talking about? She is a GIRL, not a monster, she has a human form and is the ghost of a human girl that died a long time ago. Even if what you were saying is true that she is a non-human monster (which it isn't), it doesn't change the fact that from a design she is just a human girl with a "creepy" look, which is exactly the same design concept as Sadira and Mira.

They can, but that doesn't mean they're going to. It's unfeasible for them to return to the originals because the game is already "finished" and doing so would mean reworking the graphics entirely. The financial factor alone makes it difficult to do this, not to mention the development side of things that has to figure out how to do it without breaking things.

Mm… yeah, okay, I'll give you that Aganos and Aria were kinda neat. Not so much Kan-Ra. I think they could've done a lot better than a balding midget covered in bandages.

I'm not saying Killer Instinct is a bad game, I'm saying there were a giant number of little mistakes that added up over time to make me want to wash my hands of the whole thing. The little mistakes kept bugging me and kept piling up until I decided that I had enough since it was clear that they weren't going to fix any of these things. I really wanted to like the game but they just screwed up so much that I couldn't take anymore. I blame Keits for the direction it took.

Also the lady on deviantart who did those Kim Wu concepts is fantastic, I wish they had made Kim more beautiful and likeable like those ones. But it wasn't in the cards.

I got her to draw some pictures for me too, like pic related.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ABOMINATION

Is that supposed to be Grace Jones?

Pre-evo jap KoFXIV tourney is going on

Quads confirmed for Grace Jones

I've should of ask, any drawfags what to have some fun with with these character rejects?

Twitch embeds are still broken?
twitch.tv/buttonmashersjp

No.

What am I looking at?

I'm very afraid right now. Is this the person that makes all those horrible hyper muscle mods for SFV?

Well, could be worse, haha!

It's just that I consider characters that follow the Sadako route monsters. Ghosts, zombies, whatever long haired japanese girls are supposed to be, I consider them monsters just like Jason or Predator. They look human, but that's the trick.

They would be just skins/remodels. If modders can do all of that in DOA or SF, it would be easy. It's sad MS would never allow that.

Well, he is a mummy, so, yeah…

Maybe it was, but only if Double Helix stayed. Now, she clearly is one of the worse designs in recent fighters.
And the lady is quite competent. She did a nice job indeed.

No, but design wise, she's still a human. I don't care if you wrote that she's a shapeshifting elephant-like creature from another planet that died and became a shapeshifting ghost and decided to adopt the form of a human girl, the point is that if you draw a human girl on a sheet of paper, you've drawn a human girl, no matter how much the backstory you wrote for her says it's something else. Design-wise she is a creepy grimdark human girl which makes her no different from the other creepy grimdark human girls in the roster.

This game is full of constipation.

Oh shit, it looks like you can do that if you refund it before the game goes live. I might give it a go in the next few days.

Webm the voices, they give it a whole new power!

So, in you opinion, unless it looks really different from a human, it's still human. It made me think about those monster versions of Hatsune, those that have really deformed bodies, but they look a bit human like, and her face is the closest thing to "normal".

And talking about fighters, another lost one from the PC-98 era. You know, I really miss those losing screens like the ones from SF3 Double Impact.

Xrd's also on

twitch.tv/evojapan03

HOLY SHIT THIS TOUGH GUY GAME IS GOLD, BOSS IS A NAZI HAHA

No, in the story, I accept that it's some sort of supernatural creature. But from a design perspective, I.E. what you draw on paper, it's just a human girl.

You don't seem to understand the concept of segregating design vs. story. It's a very important difference to make and is fundamental to why you're misunderstanding me here. Design and story are two completely different things.

WACKER DID NOTHING WRONG

But he's Italian

Italy fascist dictator country, Hitler saw eye to eye with Mussolini.

Quads do have power. Yeah, probably was her, haha!

I do see the difference. It's just that in the story, she is long dead, and became a ghost that seeks vengeance because Ultratech can't not mess with everything everywhere. In the story she WAS human, a girl, but she died. That looks human, but it isn't, in the story at least. That's why I said that she looks like a human being. Yes, I agree she looks like a girl, maybe not edgy, more like hobo.

muscle girls are amazing

>for a PC port that doesn't even have crossplay so it's going to be dead as fuck in a month because anyone who cares already has the PS4 version and most mexicunts don't have PCs strong enough to make the jump to 3D
wow what a deal

Muscle girls are one thing. Abominations are disgusting.

I'm sure you guys give 0 shits, but review copies just went out for Guilty Gear.

Try these.

Well, if you are going to try it, give us some news when you can. How much the story expanded.

why

I did my sites Revelator review last year, though admittedly although I like fighting games I don't play them regularly. I haven't touched it since I wrote the review… exactly how much changed this time around? Just balance updates and some other smaller shit? Might be a quick review in that case.

Well, it is an update, and not a huge conversion. I don't expect big changes either. But, whatever you see, tell us later.

Hmm. Alright, will do. Seems like the biggest change would be some new story mode content, though.

There a third character available for in-game bucks like Raven?

the lobby system is being improved iirc, that would probably be the most notable update

For some reason, I could listen to this nigger bitch all damn day.

Still downloading, I'll let you know.

…doing some more research on this, though, I don't see why my review wouldn't be positive. It's nice to see ArcSys not be complete jews with their re-release for once. $20 digital upgrade ain't bad at all. That, and $40 for it physically is pretty slick too. Even if there isn't too much extra content outside the balance changes, 2 new characters, and maybe more story content that's a good update by fighting game standards.

Really? Hmm. I'll have to wait until after the game comes out to test that. Is it out in Japan already?

Stupid PSN… I've got 250Mb/s download and it's giving me a fraction of that over ethernet. Should've been done downloading by now.

Ugh, no. MK bitches are hideous and never do it for me no matter how much I look at them.

People like me who bought the deluxe edition or the DLC characters feel jewed since we spent money on something other people are getting with their upgrade. You can't have both DLC characters and big balance updates with characters in them, since there are inevitably people who'll feel burnt.

Personally, I don't mind it, since I'm on board to give ArcSys that money since I like the game so much, but it is a poor business practice.

Reddit's that way.

The mask hides the manjaw

That's the same shit that happened with literally every other ArcSys "expanded" re-release of a game. Continuum Shift to Continuum Shift Extend. Chronophantasma to Chronopantasma Extend, etc. I don't see the problem, especially since the upgrade is $20 either way which is a big upgrade compared to their previous efforts.

Also there's an afterstory, going through it right now. Not sure how long it is overall.

Take off the mask and think again.

Yeah I ain't gay like you bro, sorry

Ok, so the story content is short and honestly not as well animated as the Rev 1 shit. Already done with it.

So am I supposed to intentionally not have the game's full roster for six months? Raven was one of the best characters in the game, so should I not have access to him while everyone else who paid out does?

If they expect everyone to buy every character ASAP, then that devalues the expansion packs they release, which I don't appreciate. Them having a track record of this stuff doesn't make it a good business practice.
Although I suppose they do make more money from it, so whatever.

…oh, apparently more is coming after launch? Neat.

How about a redone 3rd stike instead?

Carl confirmed

kek

This needs to be used as a reaction image more often.

The early teams people had in the tourney were the best and had tons of verity.
I need to dig through the recording later and snatch up that one amazing Antonov comeback

Fuck that. WE WANT KEN'S SON AS THE NEXT PLAYABLE CHARACTER!

Why is this game so fucking good? And the music is amazing.

LTG confirmed for reverse meme magician.

Vanillaware girls are a miracle of the universe. 13 Sentinels when????

Dude, your taste is quite dubious.
You don't have to like them, but I'm glad at least one dveloper have not succumbed to the "anine face" syndrome. I do appreciate the style, but I want more than that, and so far, Nether is the only one consistently delivering.

Anyway, if I get KOF 14, is it playable right now? Or the beta will start in June?

Kyo is not even one of the best characters when K', Kula, Nakoruru, Leona and Meitenkun are in the game. Dakou is by far one of the best Kyos around.
Now Iori got some retarded buffs, I agree

Why dig instead of watching the tournament posted?

The game is broken as hell but it gives so much freedom to what you can do that even the retarded stuff feels good.

I'm monitoring the thread for a while but I didn't had time to reply many things here. Maybe in the next one later.

Holy shit, this is hard to watch.

My sides got their ass banned. That PSA is gold, too.

This is the one time I agree with him.

The beta starts the second you buy it.

Did I make a mistake by not just getting it on PS4?

Damn!

PC version will probably have more casual players in the longrun since there will be new players to pummel every time it goes on sale, and PC games go on sale more often or depending on what the chicks do. But there isn't gonna any good ideas on how each community is gonna hold up until the actual launch. There is some of people that aren't bothering with CBT and just playing the PS4 version until the actual PC release from what I've gathered playing the PS4 version

Don't worry friend, there'll be nude mods soon.

nice

Sweet digits

Breddy gud.

oy vey

very nice

Nice

Nice

very nice.

nice

5-0!

NEW THREAD