What are the must play Dungeon Crawlers?

What are the must play Dungeon Crawlers?

Other urls found in this thread:

dungeoncrawlers.org/top-100/
dungeon-master.com/files/rtc/RTC_V049.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

define "Dungeon Crawler"

I suppose RPG's more heavy making characters, balancing your party, and exploring dungeons or worlds filled with interesting monsters.

I've mostly been an action game fan up until now but after playing games like Class of Heroes, Might and Magic VI, and EO III I've realized how much I like the genre.

Just downloaded the original SMT and Sweet Home but I don't really know what else to add to the backlog.

Legend of Grimrock I & II are breddy gud

Dungeon Crawl is a great free game that the devs are hellbent on removing the fun from with each release but it's still a go-to

I'm not really a fan of turn based combat.
But the Etryan Oddysey series seems like what you're looking for.

Roguelikes are fine too.

IVAN (Once you finish or get bored try CLIVAN), stuff like NetHack and Rogue go without saying. You might like UnReal World. If you have a roguelike addiction go to roguebasin, there's good stuff there.

You may enjoy King's Field. I would highly suggest emulating it though as the game streams directly from the disk and slows down quite a bit on a console.

Happens with emulators too.
With kings field 2 the game is almost unplayable.
I heard you can bypass that with retroarch tough.

In that case, I guess the PS3 fat would actually be the best.

If you're into weebshit then Stranger of Sword City is pretty good. Demon Gaze and Dungeon Travelers 2 are also pretty ok but a little on the easy side and only on the Vita. Legend of Grimrock 1 is decent. I didn't like 2 though because it was more of what 1 was and they did nothing to fix the problems or their shitty design choices. I also don't like the combat in LoG.

Shin Megami Tensei 1 & 2, Shining in the Darkness are my favorites.
Check out this site dungeoncrawlers.org/top-100/

yep, played EO III waiting on IV to come in the mail.

Shadow Tower Abyss has been on my backlog for a while. I imagine they are interchangeable?>>12569258
That Stranger of Sword City has a god tier art direction. Surprised I've never heard of it or seen it in passing. Also, if that's the case with LoG should I just start with the second game?>>12569278
awesome, thanks for the link and downloading Shining in the Darkness now.

never had that happen to a post before.

Diablo 1 - there are mods so it runs in modern systems and its free.
Diablo 2, duh.
Dungeon Siege 1.
I suppose Icewind Dale 1 and 2 are dungeon crawlers too.
Sil if you want rogue likes.

Wesnoth.

Fritzl's Funhouse

Daggerfall

A faithful to the original, free to download Windows clone of three games: Dungeon Master, Chaos Strikes Back and Dungeon Master II: Legend of Skullkeep:
dungeon-master.com/files/rtc/RTC_V049.zip
Just checked, works perfectly on Windows 7 straight after unpacking the archive.

The same default assets, the same mechanisms. What if the code is new? It plays the same.

what?
You can't overclock on PS3 whereas you can on emulators

I think he thinks that since a THICC PS3 can play PSX games natively it won't slow down, but if I understand correctly is slowed down on the original PSX as well.

Kings Field has fucking shit combat and controls. The hit detection was just awful.

Your mum's pussy is one though to crawl dungeon, it's like sticking your dick in a water bucket.

Wizardry series, mate. Can't go wrong. 6,7,and 8 are the best in my eyes but they're all worth a go. Same for might and magic. Just stay the fuck away from any jap wizardry ANYTHING. It's all shit and should have earned them another nuking.

HWIZAERDJRYY?!

Are there any good sci-fi dungeon crawlers?

Bard's Tale 1-3

Good luck drawing maps.

The are good recommendations here, but I just need to add Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy and you can play on steam an psvita.

Stranger in Sword City is a fairly recent one. Was flavor of the month a little while ago, mostly for having custom portraits and actual difficulty.

I had a good time with Torchlight 1 and 2. Mostly because it felt like Diablo with a bunch of quality of life mods (can pause in SP, can send your pet to sell stuff etc.).
In fact, I wonder why they aren't discussed more often here.

SMT Strange Journey is made in the Etrian Odyssey engine and it's a return to the series' roots compared to 3 and 4. You play as a marine investigating a magic hole in antarctica. The dungeons aren't sci fi, but you can fight demons with guns (disclaimer: all major bosses are immune to guns) and you craft new equipment and fuse recruited demons using technology. The maps are probably the most complicated in the series besides the original 2 MT games.

Too much time outside in the open. Hellgate: London feels more like dungeoning than Torchlight. And most dungeon crawlers contain a party, not a single character to control (pets and summons don't count).

Yep, already got that one and like it a lot. I was hoping there was something similar but in space.

Heh

Starcrawlers is ok. Haven't played it for a good year or so, so it's probably even better by now. It's in EA and I have no clue where to find the newer versions though.

The only thing really iffy about SJ is that the endings all kind of suck.

Thanks, I'll give it a try