Half A-press runs are now console viable yes I know this was uploaded a month ago

>half A-press runs are now console viable yes I know this was uploaded a month ago
So how much longer until pannenkoek completely solves Mario 64? What game will he move onto after this?

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousImpossibleCocoaFailFish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tell him about the jews. He will solve their secrets.

Ok I'm now going to attempt to gas 6,000,000 Jews in 0.5 A Presses

Button release is not a part of a press.
You can't do a half of a press.

Talk about inefficient.

It's 0.5 a presses as the A Press is still active while being pressed and stops being active when let go

But mario jumps once and there is no effective difference between letting button go or not.

But there are things you can do while A Press is held
doing a jump and holding the button so you can do some kicks is different from doing a jump and letting go of the button

You're correct that there's no difference between letting go and it never being held but there is a difference between having it being held and not. So you have default state, jump, held and back to default. There are two active actions, pressing and releasing, the a press category depends on changing that state from default to pressed, and pressed back to default. Since you enter a stage with it pressed down, it's counted as a starting condition and not part of the A press count. Only when you change state in the middle of a level run. Since he changes state from starting only once, he completes only half an A press cycle, shortened(U+200B was here) down to "half an A press"

I just want to see a full a press run bar cutscenes.

excuse me, the reason why he called it a half press because releasing doesn't input an action, only focusing on two states, the pressing and holding down the button. You can't repress a pressed button without de-pressing/releasing. He just simplified it two states, two halves, two actions.

He's already starting to do the same with Sunshine.

Its basically a slang term he made up. Any arguments I've seen is just people arguing semantics really.

I wonder who's the autist : him or people who argue with him about half A presses.

I like to think of it as two flavours of autism. You got the productive kind of autism and the drivel kind of autism.

that's an interesting take on the matter.

If anything, it was an indicator that it wasn't a good slang term.

To be fair, Pannen does at least explain it, and I doubt he ever expected to become a meme.

sure thing

Except this was successfully shown to work on a console.
clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousImpossibleCocoaFailFish

If people weren't retards it would be fine.

He is autistic, but I agree that people arguing about his use of terminology, even though he gives a very detailed explanation of what it means and how it works, are retarded.

Truly a failure to all autists

I don't understand anything about this. What the hell is a PU crash? This guy really manages to take all the fun out of a game with his autism.

What killed it for me are the unfunny memers trying to make comedy out of something that wasn't funny, but fascinating. So now you've got people go "HALF LE A HENRY PRESS XDXDXDXD" without going in-depth with how the game even works.
Then they try to make jokes out of things than have no substance as comedy and it all falls apart, but these driveling retards desperately want to make something funny because this is "safe" humor that offends nobody.

This is nothing. I can finish every level of Doom, including bosses, without technically ever pressing Mouse 1.

Get on my level.

When you reverse longjump to build speed and clip, apparently pausing it will act like youre doing the input over thousands of frames.
Why didnt he do that to save time during the 12h?

That's nothing, we've got Remote Lava Boost now. Unfortunately it's probably not enough to get past the pole at the moment, but it's not only useful, it also has applications with the pole if there's another non-Pedro Spot or Pedro Spot-like exploit found.

viable doesn't necessarily mean efficient.

is that because you bound fire to control? :^)

what a LOOOOOOSER hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Henry pls

Try months
You don't get the realizations he gets with that little time.

What pausing does is allow you to do inputs on every possible "ingame frame". It's slower in real time, but to the unpaused game it's faster, so you can do things in shorter spaces and shit.
This wouldn't help with that waiting.

How long before Nintendo/Treehouse picks up on the meme and puts it into Pokemon or some shit?

But an A-press is made of 3 states.
You cannot make 1/2 with thirds.
It would be more accurate to characterize this as a 1/3 or 2/3 A press run than a 1/2 A press run.

They're not 3 states, they're axis. The segments between the axis are the states.

What is this axis bullshit?
As a binary input device, the state of the A button is one of those three.

you're talking about how not to press A in video games

you made a thread about how not to press A in a video game

YOU'VE ALL WASTED YOUR LIFE

You entered a thread about how not to press A in a video game. What the fuck are you doing with your life, user?

You made 2 posts bitching about people pressing A. You've wasted your life.

And what are (you) doing?
You're not even saging.

You made at least 10 responses and wrote out a post to complain about people talking about how to not press A in a video game.
You've wasted your life.

>binary input device
You're retarded, son.
The transition between it being pressed and it being not pressed is the axis I'm talking about. It's not a state but a transition between one state and another.

He mentions in one of the videos that there are in fact 3 stages
However because released does nothing the community doesn't count it, thus it is a half a press.

Its like a 5-Hole in hockey, to a regular person there are no holes in hockey just a net. But pic related.
Its not unlike a a Turkey in bowling, its a term meant to represent something.

Having tried to quote an entire thread before and realized how much effort it is, you sir have wasted more effort then all of us combined,

What that user should have said was 3 stages of an A press. While it's true that the button itself only has 2 states, pressed or unpressed, the act of making an A press can be separated into 3 stages: pressing it down, holding it, then letting go.

an A press is an A press you can't say it's just half

All of you niggers complaining about button states need to read

It's not about how much of the button's press is counted, or even really about what state it's in. It's about segmented or full game runs. But maybe you guys don't need me to write a paragraph here. Maybe you guys need an example. Let's say Watch for Rolling Rocks and, I dunno, Big Boo's Gay Orgy both only required the button being held down to get the star. Now, say the path of the game goes WfRR to castle to BBGO. You'd hold A down the entire time. Now, tell me how many A presses were required for this in the entire game, in WfRR, in BBGO, and in the WfRR > Castle > BBGO chain. When you understand that, you'll understand what 0.5 A Presses means.

That doesn't mean it's 3 states. That's 2 states and 1 transition.

Stages, sure.

Theres 4 stages actually.

Fuck off """"""""""""""""""""""""""Henry""""""""""""""""""""""""

Its not about game/programing states its about player action.
There are 3 parts to a person pressing a button.
Releasing it doesn't do anything for a player so its not counted.

Makes sense.
Calling it "half an A press" was a really fucking retarded idea in the first place though. He could've said "Watch for Rolling Rocks in an A held" instead, so it wouldn't have sounded so autistic. He makes so many nonsense made up terms like these.

As far as I'm aware, he didn't come up with the terms in a vacuum. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there some kind of community behind this that
pannenkoek just happened to destroy by being too damn good?

I've heard him mention the ABC Crew a few times. Some of them probably found some stuff. I'm pretty sure Pedro of Pedro Spot fame is on the team?

No idea, I was under the impression it was a TAS community thing and IIRC there are assholes in the TAS community who will refuse to explain what they did for fear of someone using it to beat their record.

I'm pretty sure the ABC Crew is a small group of individuals who either tear the part the game themselves, use programs to see what loads and unloads for example, brute force to see what works, and generally theorize about things. I know there were several of them since there was a video he did where he asked the ABC Crew what their guess would be as to the remaining A Presses a year later.

Also, I read Pannen's FAQ and it's like reading the script for one of his videos holy shit.