Are there any action/combat games that uses the D pad and the stick for diferent purposes?

Are there any action/combat games that uses the D pad and the stick for diferent purposes?

Didn't a Mario Party 6 Minigame do that? It was a bitch to play.

All of them?
I mean d-pad is usually used for ability/inventory management during combat, while stick is used for movement.
Or what are you talking about?

Metroid Prime

stick for movement, D pad for input commands like a 2D fighter.

Dark souls, musous.

Meaning you can't use stick for said input commands?
That sounds pretty stupid tbh, why would separate the two in such way?

DMC4 as Dante, you switch styles with the D-Pad.

imagine trying to have 3D movements and jumps using the stick or the Dpad alone.

I don't get what you're trying to say I'm sorry.

use the Dpad as the 2D input while using the stick for the 3D input.

Just what kind of game you're imagining?
So like in DMC kind of game enemy is north of you, but you input side-ways dragon punch move as if he was right of you and your character does the move?
Meaning you gotta take your thumb from movement to enter the input? What will your character be doing during this input time? Just standing?

This picture makes me sad because there are people out there who are extremely anti corporate yet buy all of this shit. Uncle death is unrelated, just a thought.

use the stick for the ground movement and 3D movement, use 2D to input specials, block (press left) and jump (up and diagonal up), walk towards (press right).

Do you have 3 arms or what?

are u a casual?

Nice dubs, Inconvenience doesn't equal skill requirement.
All what you're proposing is already done better either through shortcut system or through unified input system.
You just want to add busy work for no reason.

how do you move in a 3D enviroment freely but also have 2D (vertically) movement?

Fuck each other.

What again? Do you mean jump button? Or game with full freedom of movement like ZOE2?

I'd rather fuck you.

stick = 3D movement
Dpad = 2D movement

you need to separate both.

Do you rawdog?

What the shit man, what do you mean? Stop getting dubs and fucking explain. Do you have any examples?

Why would you need to separate them? 2D is wholly encompassed in 3D, it's Ds 1 and 2. If your input method is controlling 3D movement it is by definition also controlling 2D movement.

Dpad = 2D movement like a 2D fighter.
back (block) forward (walk towards), double tap (backdash) (dash), vertical jump.

Stick = 3D movement like a 3D game.
double tap = roll in input direction.

I actually had to look it up. Well no, I don't rawdog.

What is the difference between pressing forward on d-pad and on stick then?

Buy what? Arcade machines?

Stick = move in the input direction in the 3D world, like onimusha or devil may cry.

Dpad = move forward the enemy, independenly of the enemy angle (it auto rotates and shit).

Are you insinuating that this hypothetical game would have 3D movement and 2D fighting movement at the exact same time? Or of they're not simultaneous, why bother having two different methods of movement when an analog stick can by nature do everything a directional pad can do and more? You're suggesting a contrarian control scheme for the sake of having a contrarian control scheme.

This sounds more like the kind of issue devs tend to resolve with a simple lock-on button.

there's not possible way to implement a 2D movement (imagine guilty gear, marvel or kof) using a stick and having the stick being also used for 3D movement.

and then you'll have to also implement a block button for low attacks and another for normal attacks.

Not really, a Dpad in a 2D fighter is filled with extreme high mobility.

most 3D games have a really shallow mobility (compare melee to a 3D game).

Maybe he thinks mechwarrior where you separately control 3 ways of movement - legs, torso and aim, but tries to apply it to a regular game.
This is still pretty autistic.

stop stealing my idea, i have a patent on this shit

MonHun Claw?

Kingdom Hearts

You're looking at it from the eyes of someone who stopped using consoles once they became shit, nowadays consoletard games have chronic button starvation so the d-pad isn't usually a mirror of the stick anymore and tends to have something bound to it.

In Yakuza, you use the left stick to move, and the d-pad to change fighting styles on the fly when in combat.

the ultimate fighting style is to talk things out