Phantom Dust Remaster for PC/Xbone releases tomorrow for "free"

So yeah, this piece of Micro$haft exclusive software releases tomorrow with microtransactions on the multiplayer.
Don't know if the campaign was fucked with as well but heres the bittersweet
news.

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/phantom-dust/9pcdnbhr11mr?wa=wsignin1.0&lc=1033
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wonder if that's W10 only or only distributed through W10 store.

Its both

Wait, what?

Wasn't there a remake in the works that got announced a few years ago at E3? Did they just decided "fuck it just make the original work on modern hardware"

They killed the studio making the remake a year or two ago. Same as the rest of their potentially interesting up and comings.

Remaster got shelved then reannounced last E3.

So how long until it's playable on W7 anons?

After Windows 10 lifecycle

They had to. Originally it was supposed to be a multiplayer online-only tournament-ready competitive arena "reboot" - and then they scope creeped the game into all that - but with a 30 hour RPG, yet wouldn't increase the budget. The dev team naively thought they were on good terms with MS, and that MS would surely see reason that such a highly anticipated game they seemed to have a lot of faith in - just couldn't be produced with all that extra stuff for under $5 million.

MS then promptly slit their throats, and decided to just re-release the original game with microtransactions. Of course, the original source code was lost, so they had to basically drop the game off the radar while they attempted to crack the binaries and inject the judaism virus.

I have no doubt that MS was originally planning to charge $20 for it, but after the string of bad press that Phantom Dust has received - they probably just decided to leave the chump change off the table, and use "free" as bait to lure in more suckers.

It's amazing how many Xbutt fanboys I've seen promote this as some kind "gift to gamers" from Microsoft, despite the fact that Free To Play games have been around for YEARS.

Shit, a few years ago, Sega gave me Binary Domain, Condemned Criminal Origins, Jet Set Radio, and a few others on the PC for free. No microtransactions… not subscription fuckery… just, here you go, have fun. But even that wasn't "free". It was just basic advertising for their new shit… and a fuck of a lot less expensive for them than buying print ads, youtube adspace, or TV commercials.

yes I know they don't have the source code anymore

All well, at least more people get to play phantomdust, right?
RIGHT??

How is it any different than what MS's doing with Phantom Dust? It's also completely free. The game is unfucked with if you just want to play it like normal.

I also don't see how the game being a gift somehow invalidates other companies (like Sega) also giving away games in the past.

Looks interesting I suppose. Too bad its likely gonna be Windows Store exclusive otherwise I might have given a shit.

This

I've never seen a win10 exclusive game.

I do run win10 enterprise LTSB and some software doesn't like to play nice with enterprise, and there's jewVidia of course who doesn't want to support LTSB. But all games should work with Windows 7 or even older.

what do you mean JewVidia dosen't support it? i'm on LTSB too and have had no issue with their stuff. Also W10 LTSB is the real W7 successor and the only version of W10 that is actually pretty good.

What even is Phatom Dust?

Well at least all the prices for copies of the original release are gonna drop like a rock

the development team actually ran away with the money, it was yet another aliens colonial marines event. You need to actually do some research instead of making things up.

anyway, I'd suggest everyone play the game on the original hardware or the remaster because Yukio Futatsugi is a genius and you plebes need some fucking taste.

underage

I'm 25.

How about you prove it? His post has an actual source backing.

No it doesn't. Show me where he provided a source.

Hey thats cool, I never got to play it on the xbox back in day

M$ gave Last Odyssey for free last Christmas

stay on one ID, faggot.

sure thing

why haven't you softmodded your xbox yet? even if you're a physicalfag, most games remain inexpensive despite their age

Its up
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/phantom-dust/9pcdnbhr11mr?wa=wsignin1.0&lc=1033

Forza games are win 10 "exclusive"

Reminder that the original game ran on a console with 63 megabytes of RAM and now it's a DirectX 11 Windows 10/Xbone exclusive with ridiculous system requirements for a game that looks exactly the same as the original.

t. microshill

man, a whole 4 gigabytes, its not like operating systems, APIs, overhead is vastly different between platforms and resources aren't vastly abundant these days.

nigger my phone has 4GB of ram.

hes a toaster fag, obviously, probably can't even met minimum requirements.

That's what pisses me, you can see from the speccy threads and a couple battlestation / desktop thread than almost half of the people here either own 4+ old componenets, entry tier shit like core i3 with gtx 750, or owns a shitty laptop, then everytime a game with requirements slightly higher than needed to play solitaire comes out , you see alot of complains about "muh optimization" even though the game will run smoothly on modern mid tier hardware.

Wew

From what I've seen, muh optimization is brought up more often due to the fact that almost every game these days is 40+ gigabytes, mostly due to uncompressed audio.

My specs are well above that aside from Windows 10, fuck that but it's still ridiculous for an OG Xbox port.

Remember kids, it's a feature when bloated poorly programmed software is released.

I've even seen shills bring it up on halfchan like it's something (((we))) should be excited about.
All this manufactured enthusiasm is killing me anons.
Nobody is interested in playing and getting into games. Just talking about them.

user that just upped to 12 GB of RAM and I'm thinking I'm gonna have to replace my CPU soon (AMD Phenom II Quadcore 970). Should I go for the i7 meme or is i5 okay enough to play all the modern vidya?
Do I absolutely need to replace my R9 380 when I make the switch as well?

Thats the same place shilling Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn.

i5's good enough for all modern games. Consider a R5 1600 though, cores and hyperthreading matter.

380's still fine.

What the fuck is that monster in the vid? A change of make-up and it could be one of the villagers from Resident Evil 4 or the hillbillies of Outlast 2.

ugh

no it's not

use win7 for 15 years like you did xp

[citation needed]

On the bright side user, this is a clear sign that the bubble is ready to burst. So much valuation is being throw into a market which is rapidly losing any actual value, and being sold to people who don't actually value videogames enough to support the investments.

Microsoft has a bad habit of throwing the weight of their corporation into some initiative, and then giving up and fucking off the moment it doesn't start to turn a profit. They wanted to spin off the 360 into it's own independent company for most of the last generation. I doubt they'll stick it out when the dollars start to thin… especially with their whole focus on games as a service. Sony meanwhile, would be in the middle of bankruptcy if it weren't for the Playstation. If that tanks, it might actually take Sony down with it.

That leaves pretty much just Nintendo, and at least one other new contender to step up and fill the vacuum. Perhaps Apple. They could buy the entire Xbox division for the pocket change left over after devouring Disney, and if any American company could be competitive in Japan - it would be Apple.

sure thing toaster man, the real fags holding back PC gaming are poor plebes like you

Well, Phantom Dust is officially one of the worst PC ports I've ever seen. You ever tried to play CEMU or PCSX2 using the keyboard instead of a controller? Yeah, it's like that, but with no options to rebind keys. Can't use the mouse in menus. It's pretty much camera control only. Super fun to fumble about pressing for random keys to see what they do when the game just dumps you in the hub-world at the start - since you don't get tutorial missions right away and there's no way to check the keybindings from the menu.

Also:

No graphics options aside from toggling shadows and "glow" on and off
No resolution management aside from "Original" and "Best"
Locked at a cinematic 30 FPS

probably ported by this guy

wow I'm having so much fun

New hardware isn't supported by enterprise LTSB. Luckily LTSB gets a new version every 3 years so it's no big deal for a poorfag like me.

In fact, let's be realistic here and leave the Holla Forums parallel universe behind, everyone will be on win10 home in a few years. I have no hope for man.

nope